100 lb. Club - New Hairstyle - Photos

View Full Version : New Hairstyle - Photos

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
My usual stylist was off today, I didn't know that and because tomorrow is the big meeting of the bf's parents, I decided to let someone else do it and now I am not happy :(.

I showed the lady the pictures and told her what issues I wanted help with (ie thinning top and all) and this is what she did to me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/shelspray/haircutnew1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/shelspray/haircutnew2.jpg

LookingForMeAgain
12-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I think you look beautiful and if you dont like it it will grow out! I think you are being hard on yourself due to nerves about the big day. Hang in there it will be fine and they are just as anxious to meet you as you are them I bet.
It will be fine! And you look pretty!

CLCSC145
12-14-2009, 07:57 PM
It'll be fine! I think it looks great and there are ways to style it to get it more like the pictures you liked. Start with some mousse and try flipping your hair upside down to dry it. Then once it's mostly dry, use a roll brush to finish drying it, lifting at the roots to add a bit of volume too. The other pictures had the bangs styled forward too, so that may give you another look too.

My hair stylist is great at the cuts, but not so much at the styling part. She has really thick hair, and mine is baby fine, so the things she does that work well on her, leave my hair looking pretty flat. I always end up coming home and redoing it to get it how I like it. Play with it tonight and I bet you'll feel better about it.

Here are some videos that might give you some ideas: http://www.short-hair-style.com/how-to-style-short-hair.html

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks so much LookingForMeAgain :hug::hug:

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 07:59 PM
CLCSC - Thank you! I will check out the videos :hug::hug:

luckymommy
12-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I think you look beautiful! You have such lovely, elegant features that you can definitely carry off this look! Try to experiment with different ways of styling it. I also love it when someone with a short style like this wears a headband, that adds a girlish twist. You could also get cute barrets (sorry, spelling?) and put them on the side. There's loads you can do! Maybe you could see your original stylist to see if she can show you how to "work it." You really look beautiful, but I can understand how shocking it must be to have a completely new look. You will get used to it and you might even love it! Just hang in there...it's all temporary anyway. ;)

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 08:08 PM
luckymommy - Thanks so much. It may just be the shock of a new style and I am sure playing around with it will help along with getting use to it :hug::hug:

time2lose
12-14-2009, 08:22 PM
It is difficult to see ourselves as others see us. You look great! I think there is an adjustment period with any new haircut. You just need time to get used to it.

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks Cheryl :hug:

Twilightwing
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
you are sooo lucky to be able to wear short hair. i have the beginnings of a dowagers hump, so i have to keep my hair long to cover it lol..
i think your hair looks really cute hun, im sure it's just nerves about the 'meeting'... you want everything to be perfect, and even when it is, you just might not see it due to nerves..:hug:

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks so much :hug:

gloo
12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Everything CL said...actually love the cut, it's really versatile! And you have beautiful eyes...I say do something fun with the style, play up your pretty face and you'll see -- smokin! :)

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Aww thanks so much, gloo :)

ubergirl
12-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I think you look stunning.

You are so lucky to have a heart-shaped face-- you can wear that pixie style and it just looks terrific.

I think you look just like Audrey Hepburn

http://therecshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/audrey-hepburn.jpg

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
ubergirl, once again you have made me blush and grin ear to ear, thanks so much ♥ :hug:

LotusMama
12-14-2009, 09:53 PM
You're so pretty, Michelle and your hair looks great! I know how it feels to not be satisfied with a haircut (it has happend to me many times), but, really, you look amazing!

J

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Aww J! Thank you!! :hug::hug:

Thighs Be Gone
12-14-2009, 10:10 PM
You pretty thing! You look fantastic! Don't worry. Go tomorrow and enjoy yourself. Your reg. hairdresser will be back soon and will surely figure your hair out for you to your liking.

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks TGB :hug::hug:

cfmama
12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
I really like it and think it looks cute! Mousse it, sweep some bangs to the side and stick some sparkly barrettes in it... viola! I think once you get used to it you'll love it :)

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Thank you pretty lady :D :hug:

rakel
12-14-2009, 10:50 PM
It takes time to get used to a new hair length too. I got my hair cut short (well, to me it's short -- about around to my chin), and really the only hair style I knew was to straigthen it, which looks nice, but now I'm starting to get into doing different curls and other hair styles, and it's actually quite fun. I think I am going to get some cute hair clips too... poke around on Etsy.com and I'm sure you can find something unique that would work great in your hair :) I LOOOVE the hair pins with the silk flowers on them.

kuhrisuh
12-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I actually really like it!! Not everyone can pull off a short hairstyle, but it really does look good on you :). And I agree with what some of the others have said.. it might take some getting used to, but once you play with it some I bet you like it much more. :hug:

JulieJ08
12-14-2009, 11:08 PM
I think the pics you showed us had bangs? Maybe you're just not seeing it because you've swept your hair off your face?

shcirerf
12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Hon, I've watched your transformation as you've lost the weight! AMAZING!
You are a beautiful woman!

If you aren't used to short hair, it's a shock. Hang in there, play with it, it will be ok. I like it myself.

The best thing is, it will grow.

In the meantime, embrace the change. Scrunch it, smoosh it, waller it around, add a little gel, what ever.

I had long hair for years. Now I wear it super short and I love it. I have a hard time finding someone who will cut it short enough. I like mine, just a tad longer than the Marine style my State Trooper son wears.

It's so easy to take care of, and my hair is very thin like yours. It's also easy to change the color every few months. I go blonder in the summer and darker in the winter.

Let us know how meeting the "parents" goes!

Love ya
janelle

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks so much all!

Julie, the pics of me here were taken right when I returned from the salon so I hadn't done anything with my hair, that is how the stylist did it but I will be experimenting to see what I can come up with :)

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Janelle thank you very very much. I am sure I will be fine with it once I get use to it :).

I will be posting here as soon as the meeting is over, lol :D (I am still nervous :|)

CanadianCutie
12-14-2009, 11:20 PM
You look great! Good luck with the meeting. I've got my meeting with my hunny's family on Christmas Day, so I know all about the nerves.

Onederchic
12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks CC! I'll be keeping ya in my thoughts on Christmas :hug:

shcirerf
12-14-2009, 11:54 PM
You're welcome! It'll be cool.

My hair is super thin too. And I look dang near bald with a fresh cut, but hey, it is what it is. I prefer to keep mine colored, chasing the gray, my one vanity issue. LOL! Never mind the cellulite and stretch marks and long bosoms, lol. Darn gravity!

It does take some getting used to, but it will be ok.

Good luck with your meeting the new relatives!

I remember meeting my oldest sons, Now wifes, parents, to help with the wedding plans, scared me to death! But, they're great folks and all is good.

FitGirlyGirl
12-14-2009, 11:58 PM
You look gorgeous. I'm sorry that you aren't happy though. Maybe you'd be more comfy with it if you fluffed it up a bit. I will be hoping for you that all goes well tomorrow - I am sure that it will.

Onederchic
12-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Thank you, Roxy :) :hug:

catherinef
12-15-2009, 07:04 AM
I think you look lovely! One problem I had in adjusting to my new cut is that the stylist put gunk in it before blow-drying it, and no matter how many times I tell them that putting gunk in my hair weighs it down, they always seem to have some special gunk that won't do that, and of course, does. After I wash it and blow-dry it myself, I inevitably like it a lot better, because it's not so weighed down. Also, it's a huge change, and huge changes are very shocking, so give yourself some time to adjust to what you see in the mirror now.

TJFitnessDiva
12-15-2009, 07:33 AM
I agree with the others...once you get used to it you'll like it & when you play around with it a little bit :) It did take me a while to get used to my most recent hair cut! :lol:

rockinrobin
12-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Oh I think it looks fresh and spunky! You look like a free spirit. Wait till you play around with it and get used to it. A new do' for a new you. :)

thundahthighs
12-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I will 200th the motion that you are 100% fabulously gorgeous enough to rock your brand-new 'do. Maybe try scruffing it up with some light hair paste, wear your biggest earrings and do your very best impression of Barney Badass, baby!! :carrot:

Onederchic
12-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Awww all of you rock! Thanks so much :D :hug::hug::hug::hug:

dragonwoman64
12-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm the millionth voice now, ha! You really can pull off a short do, looks good on you! Can't wait to hear how it went. I think you'll have fun once the initial nervousness on both sides wears off.

Onederchic
12-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Thank you :D :hug:

SnowboundChick
12-15-2009, 02:38 PM
I agree with the others. It looks great!

Onederchic
12-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you :)

walking2lose
12-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Cute!!!!!!! Now I need to read the update about meeting the parents. I am soooo behind!

I have two days till my winter break from school... I can't wait to catch up on my own life. Then I can catch up on everyone elses.

Onederchic
12-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Thank you, Claire :hug:

LookingForMeAgain
12-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Glad to see the shock has worn off and your liking it! I think its really cute. Ive been there though had it long thought it was what you really want then its like what did I do! But then you calm down and its like oh okay this is good..Im actually thinking of getting my cut this week too! Youve inspired me with your cutie patootie look ;)

Onederchic
04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Hehe thanks :D :hug: