100 lb. Club - Accountibily, post your menu, exercise, support, - Week of Dec. 14

mj5
12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Do you need a place to post your menu or your exercise plan, or need support? Then this is the place for you! Come on in!

mj5
12-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone!

Phew what a busy day. Not a very good one either. Well, it could have been way, way worse....but sometimes I really dislike being a manager. I had to deal with some disciplinary stuff today and I never like that. I will NOT use it as an excuse to eat crappy food or skip the gym, however. I deserve to spend time on me doing what I want to do for ME.

Hope everyone is having an OP day!

cfmama
12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I do today!!!!!

Plateau's bite. I need some accountability to keep me on the straight and narrow.

B- large banana, full fat yogurt cup
L- 1 1/3 cups salad shrimp, 4 T cocktail sauce, 4 cups mixed salad, 2 T fat free ranch
S- Preventia granola bar, mandarin orange
D- 1 cup eggs... scrambled, 1 slice orrowheat bread with 1 TSP butter, 1 cup raw snap peas

weight this morning? No idea. Scale put away and will weigh on NEXT Monday morning.

Slashnl
12-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Ya, I'm not having a good Monday either. I didn't work out and I don't like not going to the gym. Makes me cranky. I hurt my knee and evidently it is going to take a little while to heal. Whatever. I am going back to the gym tomorrow. I won't be in spin class, which makes me cry, but I'll either do just upper body weights or maybe a little walking on the treadmill. Maybe just being there will make me happier. It's just heck to get old. :)

mj5
12-15-2009, 05:12 AM
Good Morning! Must have been something in the air yesterday...I went to the gym, but there wasn't any "oomph" behind my workout. Well, at least I went, right? that's something.....

I am going out to dinner w/ friends tonight. I have never been to this restaurant before AND the menu isn't online. I will make smart, healthy choices.

Slashnl
12-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Well, my knee still hurts, but I went to the gym. I did some upper body weights and some leg stuff that didn't involve my knee, so I can do something there. I can't let this stop my progress alltogether. My husband was sweet about it. He said yesterday that he wondered if I could still go and do some other things. He was worried that if I stayed away too long, I might lose my momentum and he didn't want me to get upset over that. I think he knows that I'm in a better mood when I go, too. ha! We're getting a lot of goodies at work now. I just keep telling myself that someone might have sneezed on them, so they probably aren't good.

MJ: Hope your dinner goes well. You know what to choose, so you'll do well!

Hi to everyone else!!

cfmama
12-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Did well yesterday. Ended up using my 300 calories that I was NOT going to eat for airpopped popcorn and some goldfish crackers. It could have been worse... I do need to talk to my husband about HIS snacking in the evening getting out of control and being disrespectful to MY journey. Ice cream with chocolate sauce should be eaten OUT OF MY SIGHT. Just saying...

so today

B- large banana and yogurt
L- LARGE garden salad with 1 cup diced chicken breast, 2 T fat free ranch and mandarin orange
S- preventia bar and mandarin orange
D- 2 cups homemade beef stew with beef, organic potatoes, carrots, white onion and LOTS AND LOTS of garlic ;) Some soy sauce, bovril and we're good to go!
S- tea with honey

Matilda08
12-15-2009, 12:30 PM
S-turkey pepperoni (17/70 cals)
B- two english muffins with jelly and lite butter (260)
S- campbells hand held chicken noodle soup with crackers (160
L- turkey sandwich on wheat bread lite mayo (190)
S- Cup of FF cottage cheese (about 80) yogurt (80)
D-?

rakel
12-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Well, I just got back from Outback. Man, most of their entrees are over 1000 calories. :dizzy: I got the grilled chicken with grilled veggies and rice. The entire plate was 1021, but I ate only 2/3rds of it. That is huge for me, I would normally just go ahead and polish it off, but I kinda felt like I was full and there was still enough that I could save it for lunch, so I just let it sit on my plate while everyone else finished eating. I'm still working on eating slower. I made a conscious effort today to put down my fork, but I still don't really talk much during dinner, and so it's easy to just keep loading up the fork while listening to others. All in all, I had a pretty good on-plan day. I did 1 hour of exercise too, but I didn't want to weigh myself because there were two people visiting and I felt pretty self-conscious to do that around them, and now I have a belly full of food, so I think I'll just wait for tomorrow.

lottie63
12-16-2009, 10:40 AM
hello ladies.

I've added eggs and cheese back into my diet, because I wasn't getting enough protein,cuz now that I work I am eating less tofu and seitan, simply because that stuff reheated is pretty gross!

so I'm going to be taking hard boiled eggs, nuts and cottage cheese with me to work so I don't feel totally run down during the work day.

I don't know what I"m eating today,so far I've had two eggs with some multi grain toast.

probably having some rice for lunch and maybe a veggie pita pizza for dinner and cottage cheese for a snack.

it's really hard to plan with work the way it is.

augh. Can't WAIT till I'm down to 3 days!!!! That will be AMAZING. :D

dgramie
12-16-2009, 11:40 AM
hi..things are going ok here.
breakfast- coffee and oatmeal with blueberries
lunch - turkey sandwich and carrots
dinner- will be out tonight but it will be OP>
heading out to finish shopping after work today. Got a few more gifts to buy and praying I can stretch my cash far enough.lol
Im dreading making all the foods grocery list. We have a meal here and then 2 other places to take things plus snacks for the family here.
I just wish we could skip the eating part of christmas. Its so hard to try and behave when all the tempting stuff is around.

rakel
12-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Reality hurts, and the scale was not kind today. I am positive it has to do with the fact that in the past two days, I've eaten out for 3 meals. I've even gone and looked up calories before I went to make sure I was making the best choice possible, but it's still just too much food, and too much temptation for me. I definitely do better when I am not eating out all of the time. And, it's better for our wallet.

Today, I went out for lunch, just because I got out of a meeting with a client right at 12:30, and so it was convenient to just grab something out somewhere and then make our way back to the office. I was planning on making dinner when I got home, but then my sister in-law came over with her new car (!!) and wanted to go out. Normally I would just go along with this, but we have been eating out a lot lately and I just said that it would be best for me to not. They know I am trying to lose weight, and I just explained that we've been going out a lot lately and I should really just eat something at home. John's mother kept trying to press the issue by saying I should get a salad, etc, but I just didn't feel like ordering a salad. I don't like having one as my entire meal, because even they can tend to have a lot of calories in restaurants, and I always feel hungry later. I don't mind having a side salad with something else, because that also limits the amount of dressing I use. I love salad as much as the next person, but I'm not going to last very long on this lifestyle change if I can only order salads in restaurants.

So yeah, just a little discouraged today, even though both yesterday and today I did a 1hr workout. I did feel like I wasn't pushing myself as much today though. I didn't work up as much of a sweat as usual... but I think I need to do a strength workout tomorrow and mix it up a bit.

I think part of my problem is that my metabolism is pretty slow, slower than what the Daily Plate is calculating it as. I should be able to eat 2,500 calories a day and lose 2lbs a week, but it seems like if I have a day where I eat that much, I gain. Unless I am just not being totally realistic on my calories, which maybe I do tend to error on the low side instead of the high.

If there is anything positive to be had about any of this, I am learning to put down my fork when I am full and not keep eating. I'm still not doing everything perfect but I still am finding ways that I am making progress, even when the situation looks pretty grim. I am determined not to quit!

cfmama
12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Today was.... a little scary. lol!!!

B-slice orrowheat bread, 1 T natural pb, orange
L- 1 3/4 cups leftover stew, 1 oz mozza cheese, orange
S- (here's where it went all wiggy) 1 serving smarties (lol!) and 100 calories worth of pretzels (I wouldn't call the smarties... planned... but I moved things around to make room for them)
D- 2.5 cups chicken noodle soup, 1 slice orrowheat bread, 1 LC wedge

Foods going to look STRANGE for the next four days as we're at the Hall for about 10 hours of every day at my kids/husband are in nutcracker and I'm behind the scenes help!!! With potlucks on both saturday and sunday I'm hoping to minimize the damage.

Exercise? 4 miles of Walk away the pounds
Calories today? 1575

mj5
12-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Hi everyone! I'll catch up w/ everyone tonight. I took yesterday off to finish my shopping and mission accomplished!!! Ahhhh, I feel so much better!

Today I am taking my younger brother out for lunch for his bday. The good news is, he always eats healthy, so he'll keep me on track!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

cfmama
12-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Today:
B- extra large banana, yogurt, 1 T natural pb
S- granola bar, 2 LC wedges
L- 2.5 cups low sodium tomato/red pepper soup, 7 wheat crackers, 1 LC wedge
S- 37 goldfish, mandarin orange
D- 1 cup grilled chicken, 1 cup broccoli

I've added BACK IN my morning snack as since I've kicked up the cardio I am starving by 10.

I've done my 1 mile walk so far and will do the 3 mile ab one later. It's also a resistance training day.

Slashnl
12-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi all. Went to the gym today, but couldn't do the spin class yet. My knee still hurts a little and I don't want to push it too much. I put the treadmill on a pretty good incline and did that. Then, did some weights and sit ups. It still feels so good to be there rather than skipping it all. Never a good thing for me to just sleep in and not exercise. It really makes the rest of the day drag.

Eating is going fairly good. We have lots of goodies here at the office, but I've been diligent in staying away from them. It's been hard because they are right outside my cubicle, but I just keep telling myself that you just don't know who has touched them!!

mj5
12-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Diane--Hope your knee feels better soon! I think I am having sympathy pains...no, really I just walked too much yesterday! My supervisor is a RN one of her BIGGEST things that grosses her out is things like 'communal food'--especially where people reach in and help themselves (if there are tongs or something, then it's at least better)....she said it's a major way to spread germs. So, really, you are just keeping yourself from getting sick!

I'm doing ok. Food has been ok. Exercise has been less than ok, but that changes tomorrow.

Have a good night!

mj5
12-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Beverlyjoy--Hello??? I hope everything is ok!!!!

Beverlyjoy
12-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi chicks...life has dealt me a full plate - literally and figuratively. My mom is in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. I am hoping she won't need surgery and will be able to come home soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Do well, friends.

Beverlyjoy
12-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Hi...I am back again. Mj - thanks for looking for me. I slept pretty well last night. I am getting my h1n1 shot this morning and then back to the hospital.

Food is so so - but, not horrible. I am feeling weary of everyone being sick. This too shall pass. I'll keep you posted.

MJ- glad your food is doing OK. I know you'll get back to your exercise. Did you pack you gym gear?

Slash - take care of that knee.

gosh I wrote a note to everyone...sorry - it's gone. cr*p. I fiddled with it when it didn't post at first.... oh well.

Have a great day........

Slashnl
12-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Good to hear from you Beverly! I was beginning to wonder about you. I'm so sorry you have had so much going on with your family being sick.

MJ, thanks for the sympathy! ha!

I got on the stationary bike today. My knee was a little sore afterward, but now it seems fine. So, I must be healing. So, everything is on track for now.

I gotta run. Lots to do at work.

Beverlyjoy
12-18-2009, 03:16 PM
I stayed with Mom about 6 hours at the hospital - DH is there now. She's doing fair. I am hoping she doesn't need surgery. But, we will cross that bridge if we come to it.

I honestly had to leave the hospital - I felt like I couldn't take anymore. With DS being in the hospital for several weeks, then he got h1n1 a week after getting home (being very sick for 8 days, our sweet kitty,Bandit, died & now my mom.

I started to fall apart at the hospital - I didn't want my mom to see me like that, so I left. I'll go back later.

DS, DIL and GS (all healthy) are set to come on Tuesday for a long fun Christmas visit. I just really don't want to have to change those plans. I'll do what needs to be done, of course.

I am feeling weary and sad. T hanks for listening.

rakel
12-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I feel like I'm in food limbo, it seems like no matter what I eat, I feel a little queasy. I think it's because I need to work on eating slower. I eat fast, and it seems to upset my belly and make me burp a lot. Sometimes I get to the point where I just wish I never had to eat.

Beverly: sorry to hear about the health issues going around your neck of the woods. I hope your mother is okay! Please keep us updated. If you don't mind me asking, what is wrong with her?

mj5
12-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Oh beverlyjoy' I am so very sorry. Take care of yourself.

I have been doing terrible w food and excecise BUT nothing like sitting across from one of the trainers from my gym for an hour while we both got pedicures this afternoon to get me motivated!!!

Beverlyjoy
12-20-2009, 09:35 AM
A quick hello before I run over to the hospital. Mom is doing better.

They are ruling out surgery at this time.They feel that the blockage has broken up. She will start of clear liquids today.

Thanks for your prayers. I am feeling so relieved.

Everyone - let's try to focus on family this week instead of food.

Slashnl
12-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Beverly, you hang in there. This is such an emotional time of year, and with everything you've had to deal with, I know you are testing the limits of what you can take!!! We're here for you!!

I also agree with you about this week. While I think we need to be cognizant of what we're eating, I also think we need to be kind to ourselves, especially now. If we mess up a little (or a lot), let's vow to forgive ourselves and just enjoy the time we have with family and friends. We can get back to beating ourselves up in January (just kidding!)!

Just for an accountability, though. I went to the gym yesterday and got on the elliptical. It went well, so I think I'll try spin class again on Tuesday. My knee was a little sore last night after hours and hours of Christmas shopping, but I think it is on the mend.

lovemyboy
12-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Beverly, I'm sorry about your mom.

Rakel, I sometimes get urpy too if I eat too fast. Usually it happens when I'm stArving.

I made it through yet another holiday party yesterday. It was carb and sweets central! I'm glad I ate before hand or I would have had trouble. I managed to stay within my calorie and carb range. Next up: Christmas. I just got done having a conversation with family that we would be just fine without having pie, brownies, toffee, ice cream and 4 different kinds of cookies for that (one!) meal!!!

The scale said 200 even this morning. I hope it does not tease me and stick there for a while.

rakel
12-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Well, my eating yesterday was absolutely terrible, the worst since I started. I sorta lost count of calories after about 3300. I felt sooo stuffed after it all, it was the worst feeling ever. But I was highly cognizant of it the whole time, yet I continued to snack with reckless abandon. It was the sort of deal where you're at someones house and you're going to have dinner, but when you get there it's not ready. You're starving so you munch on the crackers, chips, dip, bread, veggie platter, etc set out and you end up filling yourself up on that. Then you also eat something at "dinner" and top it all off with a dessert and some soda.

So... today was a little better, though still not super great. I had a ham, egg and cheese croissant for breakfast, a beef & cheddar for lunch, and shrimp scampi for dinner, a couple cookies, diet soda -- I added everything up and I am still within my calorie limit. But... still not the best choices. We were running around quite a bit, so we had to grab some fast food. I pretty much lacked any kind of fruit or veggie, though, which is really the biggest problem.

HOWEVER, I was running around a lot today and did a lot of walking, over 6,000 steps, plus I did some hardcore cleaning behind my desk, cleaning off my desk, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the fridge, etc. So it wasn't my usual workout or anything, but I did have a fair amount of activity that induced sweating and an elevated heart rate.

Beverlyjoy
12-21-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks to everyone...Mom has turned the cornner and is moving towards recovery (with no surgery). The obstruction has broken up they feel. Yesterday she had some liquids and a couple bites of mashed potatoes. She might be home in a few days.

I sure do appreciate all your support, prayers and kindness.

rakel
12-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks to everyone...Mom has turned the turner and is moving towards recovery (with no surgery). The obstruction has broken up they feel. Yesterday she had some liquids and a couple bites of mashed potatoes. She might be home in a few days.

I sure do appreciate all your support, prayers and kindness.

Glad to hear she's doing better Beverly! :)

raebeaR
12-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Beverlyjoy, wonderful news -- what a fantastic holiday present!! I hope your mom continues on her path of recovery without further difficulties. :carrot:

rakel, hang in there... this is such a tough time of year to stay on plan. The important thing is to keep coming back to it, as you know and as you will. :hug:

lovemyboy, you're doing great!! Isn't it nice to be actively looking after your health during the holidays while so many others are just throwing caution to the wind? Come January 1st, we'll be the true winners! :cool:

Slashnl, I wish I could steal a little of your gym motivation... my exercise routines have suffered during this crazy/busy time of year. I'm having no trouble staying on my plan, but I'm not proud of the lack of exercise. You're doing so well!! :carrot:

mj5, sounds like you know where to look for motivation... ick, I wouldn't enjoy sitting across from a gym trainer during a pedicure, either!! You'll be back in your groove before you know it. :)

In my little corner of the woods, I am celebrating a big Christmas gift: a 4-lb. whoosh!! I'm still dancing on the ceiling (can I count that as exercise??)!! I've been so good on my plan, exercise notwithstanding, and NOTHING was happening. Funny thing; a little bit of cheating over the past couple of days owing to giving a dinner party seemed to do the trick. Weight loss is so strange. Not complaining, though -- I really needed this lift!!

Best to everyone as we navigate our way through this wonderful but treacherous time of year!! :grouphug:

mj5
12-22-2009, 05:52 AM
Hi everyone! I'm still here...things are just super busy. I'll catch up as soon as I can!

Hope everyone is doing well!

lovemyboy
12-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Reabear- congrats on the woosh!! Dancing on the ceiling counts as exercise in this case. ;-)

Beverley joy- I'm glad to hear of you mom.

Slashnel- you fitness is inspiring.

Mj5- I hear you on the busy! Keep on keeping on.

I've been staying within calorie and carb range the past few days. I am now sitting right at 200.0 pounds on the scale. Of course my body tends to flush 2-3 pounds and then hold for a bit and then flush again. So, I am trying to be patient. At least the next flush will have me solidly in wonderland. I have a luncheon at a pizza parlor tomorrow. I've researched the menu and plan to order a chef salad and budget for one slice. The pizza there is incredibly salty so I will add 4 more glasses of water to my intake tomorrow. I'm hosting Christmas so the food willbe healthy except for the desserts. I will budget fir one ( just one ) and send the rest home with guests. It seems some folks think they will be deprived if we don't serve 5 different desserts. *insert eyeroll here*

rakel
12-22-2009, 10:55 AM
raebear: I've heard before that we should go over our calories maybe one day a week, just to mix things up. Just like we should vary our exercise routine, because our bodies get used to what we are doing and become efficient. If you through it a curve ball, then it will have to do something different to compensate. I'm not sure how much of that is really true, but I've seen stranger things happen.

Yesterday I did great until we ordered pizza and wings for dinner because our nephew is staying with us for a couple days, and that's what he wanted. Pizza or wings in and of themselves are not necessarily bad, but eating too much is just eating too much, plus take-out pizza is loaded with calories. It would be much better if I prepared my own with a thin crust, light cheese, sauce and load it up with veggies. I need to recommit right now and stop being so crazy about food, one minute I'm doing great, and the next it's totally out of hand.

On the plus side, I really don't feel very hungry today, not that I am going to purposefully limit my calories, but I won't necessarily consume the whole 2,000 if I'm not hungry. I plan on leaving work early so I can do my exercise (30 min aerobic, 30 min strength), and clean the house. I've been cleaning the house just about every day because we've had company, and so it's very easy for things to get out of place very quickly since we live in such a small apartment.

Reality is hitting hard. I need to change, if I don't change, then I will not make progress.

Slashnl
12-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey all. Quick post today just to say hi. I'm taking off from work next week, so it is a scramble this week!

mj5
12-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone! Phew...I am off from work for four whole days.....I am SO glad I took tomorrow off, I wasn't going to. Hope everyone is doing well!

rakel
12-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey all! I had some fears about getting on the scale again, because I have not been very good at sticking with my calories, but I am relieved to find out that I have not gained anything. But still, I have not made any progress and have been missing my workouts. I finally got on today for an hour. We're going to stay the night at sister in law #1 today and then we'll be going to sister in law #2's house tomorrow. There will be food, and temptations, but I can't give up now.

I hope you all are enjoying the holidays without too many issues with food, and get all that you wanted to accomplish, accomplished. Merry Christmas everyone!

lovemyboy
12-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Rakel- merry Christmas and don't stop now!

I made it through the holiday party yesterday. It was seriously salty so I'm drinking extra fluids. Only one more to go.

mj5
12-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Good Morning!!!!

lovemyboy--I am in the same boat--party last night was excellent, did ok w/ food (not great, but that's ok), but something was really salty, so LOTS of water for me today!

Hope everyone is doing well! It's going to be a fun (but super hectic) day today, then I'll have time to catch up w/ everyone again. I miss posting here as much as I was, and I do MUCH better when I am checking in!

chat soon!

Bazz Major
12-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Hello everyone! ;D

I've introduced myself already in the thread I posted on here but hello, I'm Beth and I am eighteen. I have no idea how much I weigh at the moment but I'm guessing I'm no more than 250lbs. I'm from a little but wonderful country called Wales, in the UK! :]

It's Christmas so I'm just enjoying myself with some nice food and alcohol. I plan to begin a lifestyle change on the fourth of January. I'm looking forward to it but I am kinda nervous at the same time! I went through the same thing last year, managed to lose 28lbs (UK - 2 stones) successfully but I went off the track and gained it all back by the summer!

This time, it's for good. I want to be happy, and to be able to do that, I have to be healthy :]

Nice meeting you all, ladies! I would say 'and gentlemen' as well but I don't see any male here ;)
x x

Bazz Major
12-25-2009, 08:46 PM
By the way, Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you're all having a jolly time ;D
x x

rakel
12-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Nice to meet you Beth! I did the same thing a few years ago - I lost around 40lbs, and then threw caution to the wind and gained it all back and then some. I was around 250 when I was 18, and I wish now that I would have been more serious about it, so props to you for being here and making the decision to change for good. I wish you much success on this journey!

As for my holidays: not so great. I am trying to figure out some of the positives to all of this, and the only thing I can think of is that I just haven't completely given up and gained back more weight. It's a shame that I have completely wasted an entire month, but I did account for that when I created my 1 year goal, so I am not too discouraged. It is par for the course, I have not flexed my new eating muscle too much yet, so it's not very strong. I will just keep trying until I have the self-discipline to just say no. Hopefully it gets easier. The key is that if I've fallen off of the horse, I'll just get right back on again. I will repeat this process as many times as necessary.