Old 12-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

Default Holiday Temptations

STAY OUT OF THE BREAK ROOM! STAY OUT OF THE BREAK ROOM!!

This is the memo going through my head all day long! Oh the cookies, candies and assorted treats that are piled on the table. I'm so close to my pre-vacation goal - I know I can do this!

I hope you all have a great OP week!!
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh34 View Post

This is the memo going through my head all day long! Oh the cookies, candies and assorted treats that are piled on the table. I'm so close to my pre-vacation goal - I know I can do this!

Keep up the great work. Don't let anyone or anything take this away from you. You are in control!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #3  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

I am so with you! It is such a slippery slope from sampling a few treats to getting off program completely, so I am just trying to stay away from the random treats at the job, and looking forward to treating myself a little on the actual holiday. Everyone at the job complains that they gain 10-15 pounds each holiday season, and that is not going to be me!
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh34 View Post

Keep up the great work. Don't let anyone or anything take this away from you. You are in control!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #5  
Diet Diva

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

I am the entire social committee at my job. Just me. We had our holiday party today and not only did I have to set everything up, I even had to CUT all of the yummy gooey holiday treats (I'm talking about brownies, cheesecakes, pies, etc) as people brought them in. I'm proud to say that I ate completely on plan from the things I brought mixed with a bit of meat and cheese from the party tray. It can be done! We all have the power to say NO and do what we know we need to do to reach our goals! My goal is to be in the 100's by Jan. 15th (my bday) and I'm not going to reach that goal unless I say NO to party foods! Stick with it MRC'ers! We can do it!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

I am also the one person party committee at my work and ever since I started MRC in September it's been "when's the next pot luck" or "what are we doing for Halloween" or "are we going to have a Christmas party outside work and at work or one or the other?". Rough, man, rough. I am happy to say that I haven't planned a darned thing. If they want something bad enough someone else can plan it, that way I'm not forced to be involved in all the bad food. I know that's a bad way to think, but there's fifty people at my work and I'm the only one that gets to plan things? I don't think so.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
I am also the one person party committee at my work and ever since I started MRC in September it's been "when's the next pot luck" or "what are we doing for Halloween" or "are we going to have a Christmas party outside work and at work or one or the other?". Rough, man, rough. I am happy to say that I haven't planned a darned thing. If they want something bad enough someone else can plan it, that way I'm not forced to be involved in all the bad food. I know that's a bad way to think, but there's fifty people at my work and I'm the only one that gets to plan things? I don't think so.
How do I get your tracker to show up on my strings as my tracker.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

Height: 5'5"

I am so with you on this one. I just received an email that we are having two full days of snacking in the office Monday and Tuesday and then on Wednesday we are having a catered lunch. I have had a lot of will power so far and have stayed OP but this I'm afraid may push me over the edge. I've got to come up with a plan and stick to it. I can stay out of the break room just fine. But can they keep all those good smells in there? Thinking about putting on a Rudolph nose and antlers so that I look festive, but really it's so I can't smell all that good stuff.
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by not going to give up View Post
How do I get your tracker to show up on my strings as my tracker.
You have to have a minimum amount of posts, which I think is 20 so you should be good soon. I went to Tickerfactory.com and created one, then copied the code and pasted it under User CP - Edit signature.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

I went over the edge. Help me!
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
I went over the edge. Help me!
indiana it is already the middle of the day; you can pull yourself back. So stop feeding or grazing or whatever mindless eating you are doing. You don't need to let a little slip become an avalanche of overeating.

If you are really hungry, eat what you had planned for your lunch; get yourself hydrated and when your next meal comes around eat on program. Stay out of the (insert your particular temptation here) and stay the heck off the scale. The number reflected is not going to be actual fat, but a blip caused by sodium and water retention.

It is a tough time of year to navigate weight loss, but you are doing great on program!
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
indiana it is already the middle of the day; you can pull yourself back. So stop feeding or grazing or whatever mindless eating you are doing. You don't need to let a little slip become an avalanche of overeating.

If you are really hungry, eat what you had planned for your lunch; get yourself hydrated and when your next meal comes around eat on program. Stay out of the (insert your particular temptation here) and stay the heck off the scale. The number reflected is not going to be actual fat, but a blip caused by sodium and water retention.

It is a tough time of year to navigate weight loss, but you are doing great on program!
yes, you are so right about the scales. It is depressing when I go to the scales and have gained. Strength....strength....Lord knows I need strength. Thank you for the feed back.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

I am with you as well, the temptation is overwelming this time of year.
Party after party, everytime someone mentions going somewhere I start freaking out about the eating-do you remember when we would be asked to go somewhere how excited we would get about the free food???
Who would have ever thought we would not want to go because of the free food?? Certain stores or the mall with the candy store, yes we need strength and self control. sexyrene
sexyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I was doing so good the last few weeks, then the dreaded christmas party hit. I stayed away from all the gooey treats, and dangerous dips. I thought I had done pretty good considering all the stuff that was around. I was up a pound today. :-( I've gotten right back on track, but that tiny bite of cheesecake, a couple glasses of wine and a crustini were definately not worth it. Stay on track ladies.. We can do it..

I've still got our Office party and all the treats vendors sent us to deal with.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidwell View Post
I am the entire social committee at my job. Just me. We had our holiday party today and not only did I have to set everything up, I even had to CUT all of the yummy gooey holiday treats (I'm talking about brownies, cheesecakes, pies, etc) as people brought them in. I'm proud to say that I ate completely on plan from the things I brought mixed with a bit of meat and cheese from the party tray. It can be done! We all have the power to say NO and do what we know we need to do to reach our goals! My goal is to be in the 100's by Jan. 15th (my bday) and I'm not going to reach that goal unless I say NO to party foods! Stick with it MRC'ers! We can do it!
I just looked at your tracker. GREAT JOB!!!You're getting so close to the 100s....hang in there!