South Beach Diet - Merry merry Monday

View Full Version : Merry merry Monday

cottagebythesea
12-14-2009, 06:34 AM
:coffee: That's the most important thing on the agenda right now. Why is it, no matter how much weekend I get, I always want one more day?

We don't have snow on the ground, but it's looking and smelling a lot like Christmas. The cookie baking has begun, although I sent all the gingerbread home with Carley on Saturday, and Amber was happy to take all the pretty sugar cookies she decorated home with her yesterday. We also made oatmeal butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies, and I'll be baking another batch of cookies every morning this week. Luckily, I enjoy the aroma of them more than I enjoy eating them, but it's still going to be a bit of challenge resist. I will stay strong though!!!!
So this morning involves baking and more gift wrapping, and giving the kitchen floor a good scrubbing before I go off to the farm.

How's your day shaping up? Whatever you do, remember to keep the spirit of Christmas and be merry!

Ruthxxx
12-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Good Monday morning! I'm not sure what our weather will be today but it HAS to be better than yesterday afternoon. I don't think I've ever driven in worse daytime conditions! I did get a new tree but it's still in the trunk - no way I was going to struggle through the snow with it yesterday.

Busy day ahead with a trips to the gym, the post office, the vet and to a friend's place to check out an antique table she wants to sell. If I buy it, I'll have to find a home for my current one. I really don't need two honking diningroom tables in the house! It sounds really good but the timing is all wrong. They need to move on Friday :yikes: and I'll be away for two days.

Wrapping is all done but the diningroom table is still covered. I feel like just pitching all the paper, tags and ribbons and starting fresh next year but my Frugal Franny side won't let me. Alter egos are a PITA!

Time for another coffee, some dog love and the making of a realistic list. The countdown begins!

How does your Monday look from the early morning perspective? Give yourself time to watch The Grinch, play some music and admire the lights. :cofdate:

Ruthxxx
12-14-2009, 06:50 AM
:lol: Cottage, we could have called it Move it and Merge it Merry Monday!

I think I'll bake a batch of cookies too this morning. They do smell wonderful.

tomandkara
12-14-2009, 06:53 AM
Linda, I bet the girls all had fun baking with you this weekend! Special times! Enjoy the smells in your kitchen this week!

Ruth, is the new table much different from the one you have? We're in the market for a new table. Ours was bought in our "poor days" and has seen several refinishes and retilings. We found a neat antique place in the next village that has some great tables and chairs so we're saving up for a new set.

I just got back from the gym. It was a great workout! I need to jump in the shower before Connor gets home. After he finishes his homework and homeschool and we get the girls from Kindergarten, we're going to do some rolled sugar cookies. Then I should be ready to put together all the cookie plates and start giving them away.

Hope you all have a good day!

cottagebythesea
12-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Ruth, I hope you get a good report on Disney from the vet's. Thank goodness you got home safely yesterday in that storm! The weather here was just awful yesterday with icy roads and freezing rain most of the day, and that kept me at home except for a quick trip to the grocery store. I've been trying to use up my wrapping paper for the past 2 years, and if there's any leftover this year, I AM going to pitch it. I'm ready for some new stuff!

tomandkara
12-14-2009, 07:12 AM
I would like to know why I am losing weight in my boobs, where I'd rather keep it, and not in my belly, where I'd like to see it disappear.

Ruthxxx
12-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Kara, it's because life isn't fair!

CyndiM
12-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Yes, I'll have another cup. thanks :)

Cottage - Sounds like a lot of fun this weekend. I didn't do any baking after all but Julie made this, www.chow.com/recipes/14591 With modifications (cocoa nibs and coconut instead of chocolate chunks) and they were very tasty.

Ruth - I'll be checking for the Disney report today.
I'm still working through some of that old paper too. Thank goodness fro the compost pile or I'd still be a human garbage disposal. I just hate waste. Good luck with that realistic list.

Kara - Cookie making sounds like a fun afternoon activity :)

Just another Monday around here. I am happily counting down to a week off next week so just getting stuff done right now. No visits but plenty of clean-up, filing and reporting to do.

It's icy and snowy out there so I better get moving and get the car shoveled out. Have a safe and smooth Monday

CyndiM
12-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Kara - I still have a slight buddha belly. I know because there's nothing in the way to block my view :o

cottagebythesea
12-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Kara, I wish I would lose weight in my boobs! No matter how much weight I lose, my boobs are always the last to go! :lol: Have fun baking with the kids today! I have to do a good cleaning after yesterday's session. I can see sprinkles and sugar crystals on the floor as I write this!

Cyndi, I'm glad we saved some coffee for you! Julie's cookies sound yummy, but don't eat too many! Portion Control!

SillyFluff
12-14-2009, 07:27 AM
well guys life has been on a crazy stressful track for me. I've lost those 5lbs I've gained and I'm just maintaining at this point. I'm ok with that considering what has been going on. Lots of disappointments with the wedding, my parents on the verge of seperation, my mother is getting laid off, my great uncle passed away, my grandfather's health deteriorating, my family all disowning one another over stupid stuff and we got into a car accident yesterday. I just have to make it through this week, thats all I have to do. then I can come home and enjoy 2 weeks of no work while I try to figure things out. I wish I could stay home today but I can't. SO I have to put a fake smile on my face and pretend I'm happy to be there.

CyndiM
12-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Cottage - I ate one just to try them. The rest are going to her office party luckily :)

Sillyfluff - Sorry like is throwing so many challenges your way right now. Count those days down to some time off and make sure you have a little You time planned. Sounds like you could really use it right now.
Maintaining through the holidays is an accomplishment.

cottagebythesea
12-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Sillyfluff, I'm sorry life is throwing you a curve ball right now, but congratulations for hanging in there and losing 5 lbs! Try not to stress about things you can not change, and focus on YOU right now. I know it's hard, but things will work themselves out in the end. It always does. :hug:

Lexxiss
12-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Flyby coffee break this AM. We're travelling today and I want to get to the pool in addition to finishing my obligations.

SillyFluff, I'm so glad you keep checking in with us. Maintaining sounds like a good choice for you. You can get through these weeks without eating out of control. Its hard to take care of yourself first, but it does help. :hug:

Ruth, thanks for the nice message which I'm sending back; give yourself time to watch The Grinch, play some music and admire the lights. :hug: to you and Disney today.

Cottage, I AM going to have a bakeathon when I get over the hill, but I signed on to a challenge at the local newstation to only give healthy gifts so I'm going to try some new things this year. We saw the cars sliding around in your neck of the woods yesterday! I hope the weather improves.

Kara, have fun with the kids today! PS I could use a little loss in both of those areas!

Cyndi, have fun counting down this week. Take care on the roads and I'm going to check out that recipe when I get over the hill. Were they REALLY good? I need something healthy and really good for my BRO.

I was thinking I'd just shut the computer off and pack up to avoid temptations, but I need to check the weather on Vail Pass.

Have a great day everyone!

tomandkara
12-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Cyndi, that's hilarious! I'm sorry. It shouldn't be. :)

Silly, I'm glad those five pounds are gone! Maintaining through the holidays is a realistic goal. I'm sorry things are so stressful!

Debbie, I hope you have a good day! Good luck with the healthy recipes. Maybe some breads?

1lesslb
12-14-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm having a rough one today.... Not really in the christmas mood, would just rather have my dad back (he passed in July)... I'm 25 and have lost both of my parents, the holidays are becoming more and more of a reminder of him, I miss him sooo much!!

Well I lost 4 lbs last week, hoping that will continue... wondering if I was crazy for starting a diet before christmas..... but I'm doing good so far.....

What does everybody else do about eating at other peoples houses, we are having a get together with my hubbys family and they are having italian beef, and rolls and probably potatoes and all the stuff I shouldnt' eat, What do I do if I'm on phase 1 and trying to be good??

tomandkara
12-14-2009, 09:38 AM
1lesslb, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Are there any things you can do at this time to honor his memory? Maybe that would put a positive light on remembering him. Big hugs! Regarding eating at other people's houses... you could take your own food and explain that you're trying to eat healthier. You could eat before you go and then say that you aren't very hungry or just push the food around on your plate and make it look like you ate. You could offer to bring a dish that is Phase 1 legal to share, and then just eat the food you brought. I found that I couldn't cheat at all on Phase 1, but once I got to Phase 2, if I was eating over at my grandmother's (whose feelings would be crushed if I didn't eat her food), I could have small portions of whatever she made and then just chug water afterwards and be fine. I would avoid any wheat products for the rest of the day, because they're big triggers for me. Good luck!

1lesslb
12-14-2009, 09:43 AM
thanks, I've thought alot about him lately, which isn't helping its the first christmas without him,

Thanks for the ideas about what to eat.............. Do you know any ideas of dishes that are easy to make (pressed on time this week) this is our christmas get together, that taste good? I thoguht about bringing a salad too, since everybody likes salad and I will just bring my own dressing.....

thanks for the encouragement

tomandkara
12-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Salad is a great idea! You can load up your whole plate and no one will notice you didn't take anything else! Put loads of veggies in there - peppers, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, tomatoes. You could even throw in some beans! I love garbanzo beans in salad. Hot dish ideas...what about some roasted eggplant? Peel and cube the eggplant, toss with some olive oil and diced garlic and onion and roast on 350* for about a half hour, stirring once or twice. Then put it in a casserole dish and pour some tomato sauce over it. Sprinkle parmesan on top and you're good to go. You could make it a day or two ahead of time and then just heat up the night of the dinner.

FORGOT TO SAY: I add dried basil and oregano to the eggplant when I toss it with the oil and then after it's done roasting I sprinkle some salt and pepper on it. I find if I add the salt first, it makes the eggplant taste more bitter. I don't know why.

Lexxiss
12-14-2009, 10:15 AM
1kesslb, I'm sorry it's such a hard time for you. I have taken a big salad to every event this season. It makes it easy for me to heap my plate with salad and then use OP foods either as toppings(I usually put meats on top), add my own dressing then use the outskirts of the plate to put other OP foods in smaller quantities. I always take a dessert I can eat, such as SF jello-adding something in-cottage cheese, yogurt or an approved whipped topping.

Here is a thread which I thought was very helpful;http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/177265-making-work-real-life.html#post3046720

Best wishes! Hang in there! Kara is right, a clean P1 is essential, but if you hang tight you'll be there before you know it. Post your concerns and you'll have great response.

weezle
12-14-2009, 12:34 PM
:moo:

So not only am I a moo, I am a miserable moo. This is what I get for going out to lunch with my parents to watch football. It's God flicking me in the back of the head. They put bacon in my food (even though I asked them not to) but it was hidden so I didn't see it. My stomach was SO crampy last night and I hard a really hard time sleeping because of it, and today I am bloated something FIERCE, and all heart-burny/belchy. I am fortunate I only ate a little of it instead of the whole thing, otherwise I'd be super sick. It does not make me happy.

Otherwise, was a very good weekend! Had a slumber party with Chris and Anna on Friday night. We watched Wall-E and went to bed around 11 because Chris had to be up at 5:15 to go to work. I finally got up at 7:25 to find Anna on the couch, waiting patiently and quietly for me to get up. Her mom came by a little after 8 and we all hung out watching cartoons and talking. It was a lot of fun!

All Christmas presents have arrived so I am officially DONE with my wrapping! They're all neatly stacked in the closet. WOO HOO!

Last night I picked up Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special and forced my parents to watch it. We got the lights on the tree and had a photo shoot with the dogs. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2044912&id=1438662417&l=37b67962f2 My favorite is the one where Sophie looks like she's laughing. Overall, not too bad for so late in the day. The dogs were good, especially Oscar!

Well gotta get back to work. Hope everyone's having a great day!

Lisa

Kim_Star060404
12-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Good afternoon, everyone! Quick check-in as I'm scrambling to get caught up at the office AND at home! I need to catch up with all of you and get back on track. My eating has been atrocious the past week!!

I hope everyone is well.

Pearlrose
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Quick flyby for me, it was an exhausting weekend- ended up being at work for 4 hours so didn't get home til 5 a.m. and then DD2 still had two plays to do on Sunday and last night my pager went off again in the middle of the night. Luckily today I am off oncall till the end of the month and next week we are leaving for Texas for a week. Just trying really hard to maintain, have had slip ups but for the most part op but to put in Weezle's words I feel like Moo- so will definitely be hitting phase 1 sooner than later.

Have a great day everyone

Schmoodle
12-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello chicks, Happy Monday ???? Is that possible?
Well, both of my usual telecons were canceled so that's a good way to start the week. We got some things done this weekend, the tree is up and I got half of the hard jelly cakes made. Last week I placed many orders from Amazon, so the boxes should start rolling in here soon, and I should be about done with the shopping part. DH is working on the photo calendar for the grandparents. So, I think we're good! I need to do some meal planning and we may have my brother and his kids as overnight guests this weekend.

Unemployed DD came over to do her laundry and asked if she could work for some cash, so I made her a list of chores. She decided to go off program and clean and organize the entire house. We'll see how far she gets and how much damage gets done! I'm just going to hide in my office with the door closed until she leaves.

Good afternoon, Cottage, Kara, and Ruth, you little elves. :elf:
Ruth, I hope Disney gets a good report.
Hmmm, Cyndi, those cookies look pretty good.
:hug: SillyFluff, crazy family stuff is so hard to deal with. We have some weirdness going on as well. I hate it. Take care of you!
Debbie, safe travels! I posted a recipe here for sweet sugarplums last year. They were mostly dried fruit and nuts, and were pretty yummy.
1less, I'm sorry about your loss. :hug: Good luck with the party. Bean salads are always good too.
weezle, cute pix! Thanks for sharing. I am very jealous about your present situation.
:wave: Hi Kim and Pearl. Have a great day!

TwynnB
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
You guys were a chatty bunch this AM!! I thought of starting the chat at 5:30, and saw Cyndi on, thought she'd start it...by the time I got back on at 7:30...phew!! You were a chattin'!!

I decided to try getting up early, sipping coffee and checking internet (I was going to read the paper...it's not here that early!!), THEN going on the treadmill. It did help....I had a bit more energy!!

I planned out the menu this week...I was not-so-good about it last week. Tonight: Lime Tacos!! :D. Probably lime taco salad for me, but we shall see!

They're starting the new kitchen area tomorrow!! WHOPPEEEEE!!!

Ruthxxx
12-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Whew! Waaaaay too busy today but I'm home now. Disney has a bit of dermatitis which the vet checked out. She got a shot of Duplocillin and I have cream to put on it twice a day. While I was there I hugged a woman while her cat was put to sleep and helped her cry until she was OK to drive home. Yes, of course I cried too! Been there too many times with dogs.

Not sure what to do about supper as I didn't finish with lunch until nearly three. It's been one of those days. I'm going to just dabble away at stuff tonight and be sure to watch The Grinch.