Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - Monday, December 14, 2009 to Sunday, December 20, 2009

Vickie
12-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Sorry I've been such a bad friend these last couple of days. Here are some new pages.

I've got JC in the morning, lunch, and then a LONG hair appointment tomorrow.

I didn't wrap a single package today. It looks like I won't get to wrap until Wednesday because of Monday and Tuesday errands. It's just that time of year.

Tejas
12-14-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm coming over to this thread. Sandra and I both started new ones without noticing that Vickie had started one first.

Anybody else?

Rhonda

sloanie
12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Hey chicks! I love how you all started the week's posts! I saw it this afternoon, but I waited to post to see which one we should use. I'll stay here if that's where everyone will be posting. I'm counting the days 'til break now. Only four more!!!!

Maryann, your trip does not sound too bad. Will you take a book along or listen to a book on tape? If so, I would like to recommend The Help. I listened to it and really liked it. It has gotten a lot of good reviews.

Sandra, we need to "core up" your muffin recipes. They really sounded yummy!

Rhonda, enjoy your last few days in Canada! I hope Santa knows that you will be in Texas this year!

Vickie, how did your busy day go?

It's getting late, so I'd better get off here. Night, night everyone!

Vickie
12-15-2009, 09:08 AM
We are all TOO cute! I can't stay. I'm about to get on the treadmill. Then I have to go babysit and errands. I hope this is the last of my errands this week so that I can finally wrap. No I didn't do it the other day and that was a big mistake! So I have the PA at the Nephrologist's office tomorrow and then I should be able to get my wrapping done. Boy this is a busy time of the year, isn't it?

Hang in there Rhonda.

Mary Ann, will you be able to post while you are away? We'd miss you!

Sandra, I missed the muffins. I'll have to go back and look at them.

See you later chicks!

Tejas
12-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh yes, Santa knows that I'll be in Texas. Don't worry about that. I sent my letter months ago!!

All is well. I have gained only about a pound with all this celebrating. I'm trying to enjoy myself while being a bit modest in my consumption. NOT EASY!

Have a great OP day everyone.

Rhonda

beach bum
12-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Up early so I decided to get on the computer before my busy day starts.
Nothing new,except I can't believe but:) I lost another 1.5 this week at W-I.Now I out of the :)170's again,will try not to over eat when at my DD's for 2.5 weeks.

VICKIE-I usually wrap my gifts the last minute also but I had to do it head of time since I leaving on the Monday before Christmas.Sorry I won't be on the computer until I get back home,my DD & SIL use it for there business.

SLOANIE-I will take my knitting and a couple of books for the ride down on the bus.I think right after we leave Providence RI they put a movie on until we reach NY. So I will be busy some way or other.

RHONDA-I didn't see your thread only Vickie's so I came here in the first place. Hope you have a wonderful & safe trip to Texas and that Santa knows your are there.

Have a great morning and I try to come back some time this afternoon.

Tejas
12-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Congrats, Maryann!

I asked the moderators to close the other threads, and they did.

Thanks to them!

Rhonda

ontarget
12-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm here. I just now got back online and saw about the thread duplications. Thank you Vickie for starting us, and thank you, Cuz, for getting us all on the same page.

Maryann, you are astonishing, woman. Congratulations on your weightloss.

Rhonda, congrats to you, too, for celebrating in moderation. You're fantastic.

Vickie, I'm wrapping this evening. I'm soooooo behind.

Today we've been finalizing plans for our family get together. Looks like Dec. 23 at Olive Garden then on to my son's for gift exchanging. I'm getting excited.

Sloan, our family that's at Ft. Campbell are going to watch Montana University (Griz) play Villanova at Chattanooga this weekend. (National Championship) We're glad they're getting to go. I know they miss Montana and this will give them a tadbit of Montana just by being at the game.

Got to go. We're running errands (paying taxes). We're in amazingly good moods considering.

ontarget
12-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Paid taxes. Now I'm off program. Will I ever get over the need for decadent comfort foods?

Tejas
12-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi:

Probably not, Cuz! But you will, and probably do, indulge less. Get back OP, NOW! :coach:

I had lunch out: salad and grilled chicken. Tonight, steak and salad. But, tonight, I'll have to sip the drinks. My friend likes his booze...oh, have another! :lol:

Sandy, come to Denton on the afternoon of the 25th???? If not, we will soon have LOTS of time....good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise!

Vicki and Maryann: You're shopping, already :rofl:

Bye all,
Rhonda

ontarget
12-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the invitation. We'll see what we can do. And you're right, if we can't, we will definitely be getting together. (Right now, I'm living with Scrooge. He isn't handling paying taxes very well.) :lol:

Have a good time tonight. Sip slowly.

sloanie
12-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Hey chicks! Not a good eating day for me. One of my classes had a little party today, and I ate too many cookies!

Sandra, I live with Scrooge, too (minus the taxes)! For our first Christmas as a married couple, I got DH a stocking that said "Bah Humbug". He has gotten better over the years, but still does not love Christmas.

Maryann, we will miss you while you are gone. Don't forget that we'll all be thinking about you and praying for you. I have not bought one single gift, yet.

Vickie, you are right. It is a very busy time of year. Don't get too rushed,though. Take time to enjoy the season and time with your family.

Rhonda, I'm glad ole Santa will be able to find you. Smart girl sending your letter early. How did the party go? I think I may indulge in a glass of wine later, myself.

Only three more days until Christmas vacation! I'm still trying to dig out from all of the paperwork, though. Tonight I have to make a study guide for an exam. Guess I'd better get busy! TTFN

ontarget
12-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Sloan, we love our scrooges, don't we. Okay, did you have sugar cookies with icing? That was always my favorite at school parties.

sloanie
12-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Sandra, yes, we do love our Scrooges! As for the sugar cookies, we did have some sad store bought ones with sugar sprinkles. It's funny that you say that, though. Every Christmas I am on the hunt for a sugar cookie recipe that tastes like the ones that I had when I was a child. I try a new one every year, but I still have not found that special one! I have not made any this year. Maybe next week.

Tejas
12-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Good Morning All:

So, I had Steak Frites last night. I joked with my friend that Texans would think it was steak and fried potatoes because few have had REAL Steak Frites. Oh, what the French can do with beef and potatoes is just marvelous.
And, the satin smooth martini was good too.

I'll be good today, and I've been to spinning this morning. That's my last class here in Toronto until I come back to visit. I will really miss my spinning instructors, especially the one who does Wednesday and Sunday classes. She is so sweet, and so tough on the bike. She told me she would really miss me and that I had been an inspiration to a lot of people there. Imagine! What a compliment that was. :dance:

I've got running around to do today, and work at the office, of course.

BBL,
Rhonda

Tejas
12-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh, Scrooges. I love mine, BUT, I did sort of lay down the law this year. I said this is the first Christmas in the new house and I don't want to hear "Christmas is for children even one time!" It's for everybody and it's about light and promise and joy. So, the Scrooges need a kick in the behind sometimes!

beach bum
12-16-2009, 10:36 AM

Had to get up early and get the garage & the recycling out for pick up,but the wind is still blowing and I have a feeling that we are going to have the same scenario like last week with garage coming out of cans and blowing all over the lawns.

I also have to join my first bereavement group this morning,so I have lots to do before [washing and packing] for my trip to NY.

RHONDA-Thanks,Yes everything is done The large gifts for my DGC my DD bought and i just bring done small under the tree gifts to open.

SANDRA-Thanks hope I can live up to the high standards you are giving me.

SLOANIE-Thanks I'm going to miss you guys my cyber family also,but I'll be surrounded with real family, and that's want I need right now.

Have to get ready for my bereavement group this morning ,so when i get a chance i be on the board again.

ontarget
12-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Rhonda, you're inspiring a lot of us. Wouldn't it be fun if we could be in a spinning class together? :kick: I agree. And have you noticed how they honestly seem to enjoy Christmas inspite of themselves? Students at the alternative campus in Grandview made Curtis and me some Christmas thank you cards for some items we'd shared with them. Curtis read every one of them then placed them in a prominent spot of honor.

Maryann, I have no doubt you will. You're amazing me with your will and determination.

Sloan, I just got asked to help with our 1st grade DGG's Christmas party. We're going to decorate cookies! Grandpa may go, too. I think that will help with his Scroogyness as much as those cards did. (He doesn't have a chance if he goes to the party.) :lol: :santa:

Now we're off to visit a friend in the hospital. Tonight we have an archery tournament. We're busier than usual. Normally we are "stay-at-homers."

Have a grand day, everyone.

beach bum
12-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi I'm Back from the Bereavement group,we have a small group but all the ladies that I met today DH's died of cancer and one lady that I met DH had lung cancer just like Leo. She amazed that while we were talking we had so much in common,and to boot she lives only a block away from me.
We are going to see Blind Sided tomorrow at the movies.I really like this group and will join them next month. We all learned today at the bereavement group that all people heal differently and one shouldn't judge.

SANDRA-Thanks for having so much faith in me. I found that I do my crying and grieving at home but don't let people around me outdoors I seem to hide my feeling. That why I need this group and happy that i me some friends there to talk to.

Have to get my laundry done and recheck my check list and make sure all the clothes I'm taking down are on the list.

ontarget
12-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Maryann, I'm glad you found good support. That's important.

Tejas
12-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Yes, Maryann, I'm glad you've found a good group also. They will be very helpful to you, as well as being good company.

I am eating too much!!!! But, the food was tasty and good. Tomorrow morning I'll do my last weight lifting class here in Toronto. Then, more running around and to the office. Whew...two more "sleeps" and I move!!

And, yes, you know those Scrooges don't have trouble with the eating aspects of Christmas. I tell DH he has to take the "whole package."

Rhonda

sloanie
12-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey chicks! Only two more days until Christmas vacation!!! DH just got in, and we are so relieved to have her home. She does not really know what she is going to do, yet, but that's okay. She just needs to chill. She told me that her ex had actually pushed his new girlfriend and held her down to keep her from getting up. I'm so glad she's out of there!!!

Maryann, I'm so happy about your new group! It sounds like just the thing you need.

Rhonda, only two more days for you, too!

Sandra, decorate some for me!!

Hi Vickie!

GTG visit with DH. TTFN

ontarget
12-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Sloan, I'm glad your daughter got out of there.

Well, I always tell ya'll when I win at archery, so I thought best tell you when I lose. Tonight I came in 2nd. A man beat me. I wasn't surprised. I shot all right. He shot better. Life goes on.

beach bum
12-17-2009, 09:48 AM

Up early again,the stupid wind that howls the last couple of days kept me up all night.Going to be a sluggish day with all I have to do to get ready for my trip.

SANDRA-I'm lucky I found a good group my sister told me she didn't have a great group when my mom passed on.

RHONDA-The visiting nurse case worker that Leo had, told me about the BG and I so glad that it was in my senior center where I could meet other that live in my area. Be care just think portions or the SB's 3 bite rule.

SLOAN-Happy to here your DD is safely home,and out of the situation she was in.I think that's what I need and I'm looking forward to our next meeting.

Have to go,will be back later

ontarget
12-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I just got home from staying with the grands after school. Now we're chillin' and waiting on "Survivor" to come on tonight. Yep, we're still addicted to reality television.

sloanie
12-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I just got through making peppermint marshmallows. They have to sit at room temp for two hours, so I'm not sure about how they turned out, yet. If they are good, I'll take them to school for my "buddies" as a Christmas treat. If they flop, I don't know what I'll do. I've eaten a load of junk today :( Tomorrow is our last day, and ther are not any parties, so maybe I'll do better.

Sandra, you can't win every time! Coming in second is still better than all the other competitors (except for the winner)! You'll win next time!!!

Maryann, you need to get some ear plugs to block out that wind! Also, DH and I sleep with an air purifier that makes white noise. Maybe something like that would help. I hope you rest better tonight.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!! I'm about to fall asleep, so I've gtg. See ya tomorrow!

Tejas
12-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Sloan, your daughter should not be surprised. He should be in jail, and hopefully someday he will be. He will find that the other inmates, as awful as they might be, don't like men who hurt women.

I know that you like to WIN, Sandra. Next time.

I ate very badly this evening. Oh well, that's it for the "going away" parties. Today I finished my office! Tomorrow I leave. Unbelievable!

Rhonda

Vickie
12-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm hanging in here. It was tough yesterday. I'm in HUNGRY mode and I've indulged a few times. Must be the PMS.

Rhonda, I'm so happy for you and Doyle. I bet he can't wait for you to be home permanently. Still I understand it will be sad to leave your career. As hard as mine was, I still cried the last day when I left the building for the last time. 30 years was a long time to devote to anything. Don't fret the eating. Thankfully, it was the last party, right?

Sandra, I'm sorry you came in second but that is still darned awesome!

Paula, will you take time off for the holidays?

Donna, Coco, Nancy, Angela, Frouf.....all those who used to hang out here. If you are reading this, I hope you are well and wish you joy during whatever holiday you choose to celebrate. I wish you good health.

Ok Chicks! Exercise today to combat yesterday's transgressions and then wrapping. I cancelled my pedicure because of money and because I need to get started on the wrapping. Last night I did all the boxing and tissuing; today the actual paper.

What are you all up to this weekend?

Mary Ann, have a great trip. We'll miss you but I'm certain it is exactly what you need right now. Enjoy being snuggled in the middle of your family. Maybe you'll be able to drop us a post or two in the wee or off work hours!

Sloan, is school done yet? I bet you are enjoying having your Daughter home for Christmas and beyond.

beach bum
12-18-2009, 11:05 AM

Had a great time with my new friend at the Blind Sided Movie.I recommend that every one if you have a chance to see it.Than this morning I Woke up to 10% temps and I have to go out for some trail size items to fit in my carry on. Snow is on the forecast for Sat Sun & Monday its going to be an interesting ride on the Bus at that time.Didn't expect to bring my snow booths with me,I guess the best is to wear time.Just hope they don't cancel the trip,see how negative I'm getting after being so positive after the funeral.

Had another experience,yesterday of Leo's presents.Have a map that holds quarters of all states. Just before he passed my had to find a Hawaii quarter to complete the set,and I asked every one to look out for it,well yesterday afternoon I saw something shiny on the carpet near his chair and to my surprise I saw it was a quarter and I looked and found it was the Hawaii quarter I was looking for.

SLOAN-Good Luck with your Peppermint Marshmallows,hope they come out good,as you don't want to eat them thing all that sugar.Yikes!! I do have ear plugs,used then when Leo was around,but now I like leave them out,now that I'm alone in the house. The wind has now subsided but the snows are on there way.

RHONDA-Have a great time at the parties,remember your retiring and you should enjoy the precious memories.

VICKIE-I leaving on Monday,and we going to have a weekend of snow.Hope the prediction is false.Don't need to carry or wear snow boots on this trip.Thanks I going to miss you gals also. I will try to post on the off work hours if the kids don't get there first.

Have a great morning will be back later.

sloanie
12-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Last day of school today :woohoo: We had a half day then DH and I went out to lunch. I am trying to take my friend's advice and allow DH to relax and enjoy being home. We need to have some serious discussions, but I am trying to wait and let her initiate those.

Rhonda, are you there yet? Hope your travels went well.

Maryann, I hope the weather doesn't interfere with your plans. Be safe and let us know how you are doing. Merry Christmas!! Oh yes, I love the story about the quarter; it made me smile.

Vickie, are you done with that wrapping, yet? I still have not bought my parents anything or purchased any stocking stuffers!!

Marshmallow report: They turned out great! I impressed everyone :encore:

Hey to the rest of you chicks! I'll check in later if I have time. TTFN

Vickie
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey Sloan! Happy vacation! I'd love your marshmallow recipe. One of my Nieces is a marshmallow addict.

I'm nearly done wrapping and tagging. Tomorrow I'll apply bows and pack u everything that goes out of the house and put the rest under the tree. Jim and I spoil each other every year with multiple presents and we fill each other's stockings. Back to wrapping! I'm watching Frosty while I wrap.

Tejas
12-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm here!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

ontarget
12-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Rhonda, it seems like time has flown for you. Seems like just the other day you were talking about retiring by 2010. Now it's here. I think you've done well with your eating considering all the emotions that have to be going on right now. Just remember to get back op as soon as you can. Don't be on a 2 year long "eating like on vacation" that we've done.

Sloan, my eating today was bad, too. I just dusted and am going "clean" tomorrow. We use an air purifier by our bed, too. We even have a portable one we take to hotels.

The man who beat me Wednesday night was so cute. He'd run over to see what I shot several times. I had beaten him a few weeks ago, but he "whipped up on me" this time. It wasn't even close. I'm all right about it.

Vickie, it could be PMS, but I'm guessing it also could be holiday s. I know that's what I have right now. I think you're doing great. 45 lbs! That's fantastic!

Maryann, I don't think you're negative at all. You're being extremely positive. That's interesting about the quarter.

Sloan, sounds like you're being very smart with the way you're letting dd get comfortable being back.

sloanie
12-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Vickie, if you go to this site: http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2008/12/peppermint-marshmallow-recipe.html , you will find the recipe I used along with picture directions. They were surprisingly easy to make. I hope you will try them!

Rhonda, I'm so glad you are home! I know having you there is a great Christmas present for Doyle.

Sandra, you know what I always say: Tomorrow is another day!

Nighty night, chicks!

beach bum
12-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Just canceled my appointment with the hairdressers,don't feel like going today,and with this snowy weather my hair do will just fizzle out and thinking of all the money it will caused me I could put the money to better use.

The snow is suppose to start some time around 4 PM and into tomorrow morning, with a prediction of 4-8 inches which is better than the one the predicted before. So Now its a change of outer clothing,was going to wear my leather coat[Christmas Mass] now my winter Parker & snow boots are in order. Don't know How I will carry all,now that the extras are in play.Had 2 pcs of luggage one in the belly of the bus the other a carry on.Oh well.I will figure it out.

SLOANE-Hopefully the roads will be cleared off on Monday Morning when my bus pulls into the depot at 6:30 AM. I'll let you know, if my DD will let me use the computer. The quarter thing was amazing to me when I first saw it on the carpet.It wants to make you think,my sister gave me a book about miracles or coincidences and so many stories in that book makes you wonder.

VICKIE=Your better than me with decorating your gifts I just wrap them and put tags on,as my gifts for my family are in my suit case and the bows would be crushed.

SANDRA=Thanks for your conference in me.Trying to keep a positive attitude now that Leo is gone,but now & than a negative one pops up.

:tree:HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR,IF I DON'T GET BACK TO YOUR TODAY:tree:

ontarget
12-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you arrived safe and sound. Now hop into the pre-Christmas whirlwind. I'll talkto you later.

Sloan, I'm going to peek at that recipe, too. Thanks for posting the url.

Vickie, Curtis and I don't exchange gifts. Sounds like you and Jim have a lot of Christmas spirit.

sloanie
12-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Mornin' chicks, we woke up to a dusting of snow here in Middle Tennessee. Nothing else exciting going on here. I still have not bought one single gift or stocking stuffer. I guess I'll get to it on Monday.

Vickie, how is the snow in Chicago? I hope you are staying warm!!

Rhonda, I'm glad you are finally home!

Sandra, Vance and I seldom exchange gifts. We usually spend our money on the kids and other folks.

Hope you all have a Super Sunday!!

Vickie
12-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Not too much snow here, maybe 2 inches. It is very cold her though. So sorry about the east coast. I hope Mary Ann is doing ok.

Congratulations, Rhonda on being in Texas and retired. Monday morning is when it will really hit you. Jim and I did a lot of "if I was working I'd be (fill in the blank with some hard task) right now" for the first year.

Sloan, thanks for the link to the recipe. I may give them a try and give them out for after Christmas winter blues gifts just to perk up my Niece or Sister. I'm glad you didn't get too much snow.

Sandra, how fun for you to have Rhonda so close now.

Jim and I are like kids with Christmas. He didn't used to enjoy it when I met him but I have always been a BIG fan of Christmas. So...he got into it. It's kind of contagious. We talked about cutting back next year since there is no cost of living increase for us and our LTC, health and life insurance premiums are all going up drastically. I'm sure we'll still do stockings and one or two presents. Right now we lots of packages for each other. They aren't all expensive but fun. That's what you can do when you have no children. We are spoiled rotten!

I have to go weigh in at JC this morning since I can't go tomorrow. My cleaning lady is coming tomorrow morning instead of my regular day which would have been Christmas Eve. We have a few other things to do on Monday and then we'll just relax until Christmas Eve when everything starts to happen again. I can't make my macaroni and cheese and cream cheese jello mold until Christmas Eve or they won't be fresh for the day after Christmas party. But we're supposed to be tired at this time of year, right? I'm just thankful that I'm not doing all this and working too.

Talk to you all later!

beach bum
12-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Ladies:)

We got 14" so far and the snow is still coming down until late[4PM] this afternoon.
We have a radio station that has a set up for Emergency broadcast[Live coverage of Storm 2009] tells us all the up dates on the snow.Up until the Patriots game this afternoon.

I decided to change my day of traveling until Tues. I called my DD & DS and they agree it would be a better day to travel than tomorrow.When I called the taxi company they told me that was a wise choice.

Had trouble getting out of the front door and was frightened as the drafts were to high leaning against the door. Than with a strong push I was able to inch my way outdoors,where I shoveled a path going down to my car.Later on I going out again and heat the car and get the ice & snow off once the snow stops.We are lucky to have power,but just in case if goes out the people on the radio suggest to put the heat up and get the fireplaces going so when the power goes out your home is still warm of a couple of hours.

RHONDA-Glad you arrived safely to your new home. Have a great Christmas Holiday.

VICKIE-That's a great idea that your and Jim exchange presents Leo & I did also, not like you do but we always had one gift for each under the tree.I'm doing fine,we have electric so that makes me happy.Have to go out once the snow stops,and clean off the car.

SLOAN-We we only had a dusting,instead of the 14+Have to postpone my trip until Tues.

Going to see if I can find a good movie on TV to watch this snowy day.

ontarget
12-20-2009, 05:12 PM
We have company coming this afternoon. We're going to fling some arrows and eat some goodies. I have pts saved--just hope they are enough. Tonight is "Survivor" finalee. Life is good.

Maryann, I'm glad you're leaving Tuesday. Hopefully, roads will be safer then. Be careful, my friend.

Vickie, I love reading about you and Jim. Ya'll are full of spirit. I love it!

Sloan, is Sloan your first name? I have been wondering. Weren't ya'll giving "Disney World" this Christmas or am I thinking of someone else?

Rhonda, I guess you're busy decorating and shopping. Vickie's right. Retirement will "hit you" but it may not hit till after the holidays when you'd normally be going back for the next term. Well, you know that. You will miss the staff and students but probably won't miss the hurdles involved. Just keep on enjoying yourself. And do some of those "What if's" Vickie was talking telling you. You'll like that. I know I did.

Vickie
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
I stayed the same. I've been drinking cranberry juice all week. I'm sure you can guess why! And, I only exercised twice. So....I'll take it as we head into an eating three days starting Thursday. I'll try to exercise self-control and walk on the treadmill. I'm committed to walking on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Hope that's good enough.

What are you all up to tonight?

sloanie
12-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Hey chicks, we're having diet coke sloppy joes for dinner with baked potatoes. DD has actually been trying core for the last couple days, and so far, she likes it. It will be nice to have someone doing core with me.

Sandra, my first name is Sloan. I am named after my maternal grandmother. Her last name was Sloan. I have only met two other Sloans in my life. It is a very unusual name, but I like it. Yes, we are going to Disney for Christmas. We will leave on Christmas day and return on New Year's Eve. You would think we are all little kids 'cause we are so excited!

Vickie, I'm glad your snow is not too bad. My aunt and uncle are in Maryland and have 20 inches!

Maryann, I'm glad you are waiting until Tuesday. It does sound like the safe thing to do.

Rhonda, are you getting unpacked? I'll bet it's already like Christmas at your house. New beginnings are fun, but can also be stressful. Just relax and don't try to do too much.

I'm chillin' on the couch with DD and watching movies. It is a very quiet evening here, and that's how I like it!

Have a good evening chicks!

nancy237
12-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I have been enjoying having both my boys home this week.
My college son had a mountain biking accident Friday, and a lady from the
nature park called me to say they had found him knocked out.
We were in the ER 8 hours checking for internal/back/head injuries,
but just had bad bruising and a concussion. he seems to be doing fine now.
He was wearing good protective gear so that probably helped a lot.
He is my "extreme" everything, but I have learned to quit worrying.

Hubby is having a lot of back and knee problems and we don't think he will be able to go back to work. He may be headed for knee /back surgeries. I am going to work PT in the spring and full time next fall.

One huge help will be if we can sell our house this spring and downsize.
It is too big and was a fixer upper that turned into a money pit.
We are hopeful that we can recoup some of the money we have poured into it when we sell.

I am going to start walking in the morning. I hope by saying it I will do it...
My plan is to do it first thing before the day gets busy..
Everyone feel free to ask if I stuck to this (it will help motivate me)

I enjoy reading everyones post, sorry I don't post more often.
Sloan.I love your name. I always wished I had a unique name.
When I was in grade school there were usually 3-4 Nancy's in my
class LOL.

Maryann, be careful and have fun!!!

Vickie, I love Christmas too, but hubby has not caught the spirit yet,
bahumbug.

ontarget
12-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Sloan, I love your name. (I think it sounds very sexy.) I'd be excited, too, if I were going to Disney World. You're all going to have a blast.

Vickie, staying the same is a good thing, especially this time of year. I'm proud of you. We had company this evening and had sort of a "Survivor" party. I stayed op and am proud of myself. Curtis and I wrote directive affirmations that, hopefully, will help keep us focused. Time will tell.

Nancy, I will be asking about your walking--and you ask me about my :ebike:. It sounds like a lot of injury-related stress going on at your home. I hope everything works out well for all of you. You're smart to downsize.