Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default Wii Active?

Sorry if there's already a thread for this...I looked and found them for Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus but not Wii Active.

I have the Wii Fit Plus, and I enjoy the games and use it to track my progress. I don't get much of a work out from it, but it's better than sitting on my bum for 30 min. My boyfriend bought me the Wii Active for an early Christmas present, and I've played it for a few days and I'm really pleased with it.

It comes with a leg band that you put the numchuck in so it tracks your lower body movement and also a resistance band (the band is pretty weak, I used my own). There are a few different ways that you can play...I haven't really looked at all of them, I've just done the 30-day Challenge. It's about a 25-30 min workout that goes through cardio to weights. The running is much more realistic than the Wii Fit, you're running in place not on the balance board.

Like I said, I've only done two days, but I've worked up a good sweat each day and I feel it in the morning. For anybody looking for more of a challenge on their Wii, I'd definitely suggest this game.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #2  
Make thisbe for something

S/C/G: 254/228/160

Height: 5'8"

I totally agree. The Wii Fit is fun every once in awhile for a change, but I find Wii Active to be much more challenging. I do the 30 day challenge on the medium level and I feel like it gives me a great workout. I'm halfway through mine right now.

You can make custom workouts if you don't like the 30 day workouts or if you like some exercises more than others. It will also tell you when you pick the exercises how much it works it works upper and lower body and cardio.

I really enjoy it (well not all the time haha)
mypunkrockromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have EA Active and I like it but right now I'm doing The Biggest Loser Wii. I like it a lot. The other one I don't like is Jillian Michaels 2010. It is pretty bad unless I guess you are a hardcore Jillian fan then you might endure it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #4  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I did the 30 day challenge twice - 1st time on easy and the 2nd on medium. Then I started using the my fitness coach. Now I have the newer EA Sports and I do it on hard and am doing the 6 week challenge. I use it as a fill in though as I still am doing the my fitness coach 6 days a week.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

I have been using the Active and really like it! justBecky I'd love to hear more about the new Active that came out? Is it worth the investment?
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #6  

I started the 30 Day Challenge over again last week and I've already lost 4 pounds - combined with making better eating choices as well. I didn't finish the challenge the first time, so I'm doing it on medium intensity first then I'll do it again on high intensity.

Some nights I'll combine it with the Wii Fit stepping so I'm not just sitting around watching TV.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #7  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I just did it today for the first time and got my butt kicked! On low intensity. It showed me how out of shape I let myself become. I'm also doing the 30-day challenge.
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #8  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

The Wii active is too difficult for me, even on the easiest levels. My body is very out of shape (I can't jump, do lunges, etc) and the Wii Active is something I'm going to have to work my way up to doing. Even though you can skip exercises and customize your exercises it is still hard. Although I love the boxing on there.

The Wii Fit is better for me, plus I am doing some exercising Sans Wii.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #9  

Martina - The boxing is my FAVORITE!! I think I get a little carried away with it though, I've almost hit my roommate in the face a few times when she got too close. haha
Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #10  

And for those who have Wii Fit - do you take the weight on there as accurate? It told me today I gained 6.2 pounds in ONE DAY!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #11  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

I have Wii Fit and EA Sports Active. I like Wii Fit for working on balance and just having fun while getting your butt off the couch. Active definitely gives more of an actual workout, gets your heartrate up and you can break a sweat.

I really want the Biggest Loser for the Wii, though. From the online videos I've watched and the reviews I've read, it's a kick-butt workout compared to Active.
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #12  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I do love the newer version of the EA Sports Active. I like that it has a warm up and cool down now. The do more -- like htere is an obstacle course to do your run and different activities. I like that better than just the part where you run the track in the first one. Plus you get ab work in this one as well.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 169/169/130

Height: 5'3

I have the Wii Fit, WF Plus and Active - I prefer the Active because it's a more intense cardio workout.
jerseygirl201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #14  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrockromance View Post
And for those who have Wii Fit - do you take the weight on there as accurate? It told me today I gained 6.2 pounds in ONE DAY!
I only weigh in on my Wii Fit Plus with the balance board. I don't own another scale. Mine has been accurate...I use it on thin carpet, but I use the leg extensions. I have gotten on it, weighed myself, gotten off, grabbed a 5lb hand weight, gotten back on, and it says that I gained 5.0lbs. So I think it's pretty accurate. I wear shorts and a sports bra, and weigh at the same time of morning and always chose clothes are less than 2lbs. As long as you're consistant, you should be alright.

Different scales might weigh you differently. One scale may tell you you're 150 and you'll step on another one 30 seconds later and it'll say 155. As long as you're using the same scale to track your progress, wear roughly the same outfit, and weigh at the same time of day (right after you wake up after the bathroom, before breakfast is your "real" weight) you should be accurately charting your progress.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #15  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default EA Sports Active

I just got a Wii and am trying to figure out what I need to buy. EA Sports Active sounds right for me. Do I need to buy both the original EA Sports Active and the EA Sports Active: More Workouts? Can the EA Sports Active: More Workouts stand alone?

Thanks!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote