Games - Bonafide Snippets or Tidbits About ME!

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 09:36 AM
This is a FUN game. We all share all sorts of feelings and deep thoughts about ourselves on 3FC. What about the fun stuff? The little snippets or tidbits of information that makes you you.

The tricky part will be to keep it positive. In other words...try to stay away from: I don't like statements. Tell us what you like or tell us something fun that happened at work or tell us about your 1st happy memory or tell us your shoe size or tell us you love to wear thong undies or tell us your favorite color or WHATEVER. Tell us something that makes you unique.

RULES (of course there has to be rulzzzes :) )

-Wait your turn. Make a post and then wait for a fellow 3FC'er to post.
-Keep it positive.
-One thought or snippet or tidbit per post.

The GAME is on....Ready Set Go...

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Example: Yes, I know I didn't wait my turn...

My sister is 15 years older than me and I am 15 years older than my niece (my sisters daughter. SO my sister is like a mother to me and I am like a mother to my niece. I say mother because I do not have children of my own!

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 02:25 PM
My wife, son, daughter and nephew ALLWAYS say I love you to each other as we hang up the phone or say good-bye in person...

doesn't matter where or who is around...

murphmitch
12-13-2009, 02:55 PM
I am one of eight children. Cathy, I am 15 years older than my youngest sister. I wasn't around her much after she turned 3, when I went away to school, etc.

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Ah, isn't this fun...I was scared no one would play :)

In kindergarten I got in trouble because I wouldn't share the razor while we were playing in the house center. (seriously!)

Windchime
12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I got sent home from school in Jr. High for wearing a "sizzler" dress that was too short! Hey, it had matching panties underneath!

I'm not counting that as my "thing that you don't know about me". Here it is: I have always secretly admired my hands because I think they're pretty.

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 06:07 PM
When I was 12 years old, pitching in Little League, I flipped the umpire off because of .....what I thought were bad calls on my pitches....

lucky for me he had his back turned....:carrot:

un-lucky for me my folks didn't!.....:o

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Whoa Gary!

Growing up my neighbors didn't have any children so I became like one of their own. If I didn't like what my mom was cooking for supper I would go over to Dottie & Eddies and see what they were having...

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
That happened on many occasions between me and my buddies CATHY...between jr and sr high school! My mom just always made enough!

We new taco night was always at my house!

Heidi58
12-13-2009, 07:05 PM
When I was 9 my best friend and I took a rusty pin and became 'blood sisters'. Thankfully neither one of us contracted lockjaw and I still think of August 27 as my 'second birthday'. :)

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 08:05 PM
I can dance....

well...Angie says I can't!

Heidi58
12-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I love to sing, but can barely carry a tune.

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 08:08 PM
My voice is very low. I would like to take voice lessons. But I no zip about music! No musical ability in me! La La La La SQUEAL!

Heidi58
12-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I have a scar on my knuckle from where my sister slammed a window closed on me when we were little girls. She still cringes whenever she sees it. :lol:

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 08:23 PM
I had a vasectomy

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Good to know Gary! :rofl: Oh I probably am not suppose to make comments on what others say, huh? But come on folks...it is GARY!

My official name is Catherine. I only here that when I am in trouble.

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
My sister's official name is Catherine...Denise is her middle name...she went by that until she became....ANNIE...

my son, first born of all the kids...couldn't say Aunt Denise...came out An...nee...

she has been Annie to everyone for about 28 years now...

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 08:38 PM
I see dead people. J/K

I can name all my teachers from Grade School
K Mrs Dinkle
1 Miss Gash
2 Mrs Fife
3 Mrs Daggs
4 Miss Stewart
5 Miss Kearney
6 Mrs Stober

Such good tidbits to remember!

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 08:40 PM
I know the hottest teacher I ever had was Mrs. McKee when I was in 4th grade...always stayed after school to help out!

Heidi58
12-13-2009, 08:54 PM
I can name all my grade school teachers, too. :)

K - Mrs. Stone
1 - Mrs. Charles
2 - Miss Moore
3 - Miss Petronski <- my favorite
4 - Mrs. Hall
5 - Mrs. Chisholm
6 - Mr. Farley

Awesome teachers at Pond Street School. I believe Mr. Farley is the only one still living now though...

Windchime
12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
I had a pony named Charlee when I was 7 or 8. She was a girl, and she came with a saddle that had the image (and name) of Roy Rogers embossed on the stirrups. I got teased but I didn't care, because I loved Charlee and I loved my saddle!

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Speaking of Roy Rogers ( I have been to his museum by the way) when I was in 5th grade...my youngest brother left his lunch-pail in his teachers class...they were younger and left earlier...she brought it up to my class...gave it to my teacher...who gave it to me....all the...well some of the kids started teasing me...I turned bright red...I will never forget it...

and when my dad was dying of cancer and "out of it"...I walked into his room...he looked at me and said..."Who are you? Roy RUUUUgers?" and started laughing!...

I will never forget that either!

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
As a child, while in grade school...we had neighborhood schools. So I walked 2 school and then home for lunch and then back and then back home after school. When I was in 6th grade they started a school lunch program (a brown bag one) but you could stay at school.

murphmitch
12-14-2009, 08:18 AM
I was so nervous in 1st grade (Sister St. George) that I peed my pants while saying the Pledge. Very embarrassing! :o

MindiV
12-14-2009, 08:29 AM
I was quiet in school, and in the sixth grade this big bully guy started teasing me and grabbing me. When the teacher would leave the room in every single class we went to, he'd get up, walk by me and grab my shoulders or tap me on the back of the head. I was so embarrassed, but wouldn't complain.

Then one day I snapped. In earth science one day, the teacher had to go make copies. He did his normal routine of getting up from his desk a few back from me, and he walked up to me and grabbed my shoulders. I hauled off and back-handed him.

There was a loud "Whoa!" as the whole room watched him fly backward and land on his butt as the teacher walked back into the classroom. He got up saying "Mindi hit me!" I was about to DIE. Then this teacher, the COOLEST teacher ever, asked the class, "Did he deserve it?" And they said yes. I got in no trouble.

He left me alone, and eventually went on to become a high school dropout and part-time criminal.

cathydoe
12-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I enjoy getting pedicures. My toenails are usually painted PINK! I can't wait to get my next one because my "big ole butt" barely fit into the seat and with the 15 lbs I have lost...I bet it will fit BETTER! YaHoo!

Heidi58
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm scared of wild turkeys.
I know they can't hurt me but 10 or 12 years ago I was out alone on my snowshoes, daydreaming I guess because I didn't notice the tracks in the snow or the droppings.... I startled a group of roosting turkeys and they shot out of the trees making noises and flapping their wings. I nearly had a heart attack. Now I can't stand the creepy things - I hate to see them at the side of the road. lol

MindiV
12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Speaking of things we can't stand...I'm afraid of hermit crabs. My niece once chased me around a pet store with a little hermit crab in a painted shell. To me they're like spiders....all those spindly legs and WHY? WHY does anything need that many poky-looking legs?!

Twilightwing
12-14-2009, 08:21 PM
when i was 14 i had a pet cow named beau J... i got him as a baby and i got his name from... my french class- beau=boyfriend and my bf was James..hence beauJ

cathydoe
12-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I collect ladybugs. I love ladybugs. I am not sure where this came from. They are so cute! People give me ladybug things all the time. My favorite is pink ladybugs. They are hard to find. I used to order a lot of ladybug things from ebay. In my office at work I even have ladybug lights!

Heidi58
12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I love oatmeal. Each time I was pregnant I ate so much oatmeal that my DH used to joke our babies were going to look like the guy on the Quaker Oats canister. ;)

Twilightwing
12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
about 10 years ago i got a phone call from some guy from the Jerry Springer show wanting me to come on with some friends about something a friend was doing.... ahhhh NO, i didnt go lol

AR4life
12-16-2009, 12:01 AM
When my mom was pregnant with me she ate so much Chinese food that people said I was going to be born with chopsticks in my mouth ;) still my favourite food!

Windchime
12-16-2009, 12:41 AM
My mom has three sisters and no brothers. I also have three sisters and no brothers. My sisters and I.....we all had BOYS! My parents now have six grandsons and only one granddaughter!

MindiV
12-16-2009, 07:45 AM
I am the most accident prone person I know of, though I'm sure people somewhere beat me. I've had stitches in my lip from where my sister was swinging me by the arm at age 5 or 6, and let me go, and I flew into the TV. I cut the bottom of my foot open pretty bad running through the yard as a kid - I stepped on a bone someone had given the dog. I've fallen and bumped my head an uncountable number of times, with only a couple of concussions. I've been involved in 7 car accidents, only one was my fault, and one I was a passenger. I've been attacked by a dog and fell and cut my leg on broken glass. I'm always bruised somewhere...

Twilightwing
12-16-2009, 11:43 AM
one of my aunts best friends for years was Tammy Wynette. I grew up knowing her and didnt realize as a child what a coup it actually was. i asked her to come to 'show and tell' when i was 9 and my teacher thought i was lying when i said she would be there... shoulda seen her face when she walked in the classroom lmao.. was priceless:)

Aclai4067
12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I took things very literally as a child. When my teacher told me I couldn't leave the room until I finished my assignment I ended up peeing my pants because I couldn't hold it long enough.

cathydoe
12-16-2009, 03:35 PM
My dh and I have a sleep number bed. I am 35 and he is 70.

murphmitch
12-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I married my roommate's future hubby's roommate.

Heidi58
12-16-2009, 09:45 PM
My initials stayed the same when I got married.
That was a big deal at the time - monogrammed sweaters were very big in the late 70's. lol

AR4life
12-16-2009, 09:53 PM
I collect cars, one brand, I have 3 of them in the yard (they are the large size ;))

lol

murphmitch
12-16-2009, 09:58 PM
My initials stayed the same when I got married.
That was a big deal at the time - monogrammed sweaters were very big in the late 70's. lol

Me too! I had monogrammed luggage that I didn't mind using on my honeymoon. :)

cathydoe
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
No tatoos 4 me and my ears are pierced only one hole in each ear.

Aclai4067
12-16-2009, 10:08 PM
I have a vertical scar on my left wrist (people sometime ask if I slit my wrists, ugh :rolleyes: ) that has been there as long as I can recall. I used it to learn my left from my right because it looks like a lowercase "L."

AR4life
12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
I went to school in Phoenix Az for grade 1 and 2.
This little Canadian girl could sing the US National Anthem and recite the Pledge of Allegiance with the best of them ;)

Aclai4067
12-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I cannot for the life of me remember anything about my 4th grade teacher.

K - Ms. Turnipseed
1 - Ms. Fagan <-- bitter old lady
2 - Ms. Hammock/Cleveland (she got married at the end of that year)
3 - Ms. Everett <-- loooved the word "ludarcris"
4 - ????????? no idea
5 - Ms. Wilson

cathydoe
12-16-2009, 10:48 PM
In 1st grade I had the chicken pox and was required to miss 2 weeks of school

AR4life
12-17-2009, 12:31 AM
I have never broken a bone (touch wood) lol

Aclai4067
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I started dying my hair at age 13 and didn't stop until age 23. I'm still trying to grow the dye out (about 5 or 6 inches to go). It's really hard for me to resist dying it again.

Heidi58
12-17-2009, 05:58 AM
I never broke a bone - and liked to brag about it - til I was 46.

;) JK, AR4life. lol
I really didn't break any bones til I was 46 but I'm teasing you about the bragging. :D

CardboardCutoutCat
12-17-2009, 06:11 AM
When I was 14, my parents caught me singing my heart will go on by celine dion and recording myself with a camcorder. The even funnier thing was, I was wearing a mickey mouse blue wizard hat and a pair of wraparound shades at the time! What a hyper little weirdo I was....

Aclai4067
12-17-2009, 02:48 PM
When I was 14, my parents caught me singing my heart will go on by celine dion and recording myself with a camcorder. The even funnier thing was, I was wearing a mickey mouse blue wizard hat and a pair of wraparound shades at the time! What a hyper little weirdo I was....

Just think, the kids who do that these days then post it on utube for everyone to see!

I've wanted to move to Arizona since I was 15. I'm still planning on getting there eventually (when my financial life straightens out a bit)

AR4life
12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
I never broke a bone - and liked to brag about it - til I was 46.

;) JK, AR4life. lol
I really didn't break any bones til I was 46 but I'm teasing you about the bragging. :D

I did touch wood ..hehe

I like the colour red :D

Aclai4067
12-17-2009, 06:38 PM
I only lived in Australia for 5 months and rarely drove there, but it took me a full year back in the States before I could drive without having to consciously think about what side of the road I needed to be on. (It's been 3 years and I still have rare days where I feel like I'm on the wrong side)

cathydoe
12-17-2009, 10:17 PM
My dh and I hold hands every night before we go to sleep and say the Lord's Prayer together.

Aclai4067
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM
I have a fear of being stabbed through the mattress in the armpit while I sleep (it will definitely hit me in the armpit; there is no way it could be anywhere else. I can't tell you why)

Heidi58
12-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I went to the Lindt Chocolate Factory outlet store today and:
1. Said, "No thank you" to a free sample.
2. Said, "No thank you" AGAIN to a free sample.
3. Bought chocolate for my skinny, chocolate loving teacher friends and none for myself.
4. Dropped the chocolate off at school on the way home so it won't taunt me all weekend. :lol3:

cathydoe
12-19-2009, 07:46 PM
^^^^Woo Hoo Heidi!

When I was 25 I lost my sister, who was also my best friend because of a drunk driver.

Sweetcaroline
12-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I still can recite the 'linking' verbs... I had to memorize for 5th grade English class, that was 40ish years ago... what the heck is a linking verb... here you go...

be, am, is, are, was, were, being, been, taste, sound, smell, appear, feel, look, seem, become...

but.... someone asked me for my cell phone number the other day and couldn't remember it... lol....

EZMONEY
12-20-2009, 08:44 AM
.... someone asked me for my cell phone number the other day and couldn't remember it... lol....

We're supposed to remember it?...omgoodness....:o...at my age? :dizzy:

Twilightwing
12-20-2009, 08:52 AM
i didnt know what my first name was till i was 11 years old lol... my mother always called me by my nickname Jima...i thought that was my name.. then one day a man called the house(was my dad i hadnt ever met, they got divorced before i was born) and he asked if this was JIMI...i said no jimi lived there..he asked me my birthdate, i told him, and he said.. hon, jimi is you lol.. i had loads of questions for my mom lemme tell ya. you should have seen the hassle when i went to get my passport.. they are used to people having diff last names.. but not diff first.. all my id is in Jima.. even tho there is really no such person lol

murphmitch
12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
^^^^Woo Hoo Heidi!

When I was 25 I lost my sister, who was also my best friend because of a drunk driver.

So sorry about your sister. My husband was hit by a drunk driver long before we were married. He was only slightly injured, but the other guy was killed.

cathydoe
12-22-2009, 02:47 PM
When I spell the word receive I recite "I before E, except after C so that I can spell the word correctly. :)

AR4life
12-22-2009, 07:54 PM
I love blueberries, 1 cup a day in my cream of wheat :D

EZMONEY
12-22-2009, 08:02 PM
When I spell the word receive I recite "I before E, except after C so that I can spell the word correctly. :)

ME TOO!

JulieJ08
12-22-2009, 08:28 PM
I have a vertical scar on my left wrist (people sometime ask if I slit my wrists, ugh :rolleyes: ) that has been there as long as I can recall. I used it to learn my left from my right because it looks like a lowercase "L."

I have one of those on my right wrist. Absolutely no idea what it's from.

Heidi58
12-24-2009, 07:56 PM

ME TOO!

:lol: So do I! :D

cathydoe
12-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Since I grew up by the Mississippi River, as a kid we would spell Mississippi like this:
M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I hump back- hump back-I

I wonder where that came from??

Twilightwing
12-25-2009, 01:04 PM
mom taught me to spell certain words like this: arithmetic- a red indian thought he might eat turkey in church.

geography- george eats old grey rats and paints houses yellow.

as for when columbus discovered america.... in 1492 columbus sailed the ocean blue.. he sailed so fast it tickled his a@@ and he s### all over the crew ...

odd, but i never forgot em lol

cathydoe
12-25-2009, 05:54 PM
How fun Twilightwing, thanks 4 sharing!!

aphimira
12-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I absolutely hate anything Cherry flavored....but I could eat Fresh cherries until I turned into one!

Twilightwing
12-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I have very weak ankles.. when i was a child i sprained them constantly.. now if i sprain on i pass out cold... have scared some friends in the past when we would be out walking, id sprain my ankle, and whoosh. i was out lol... the dr said its cause its an intant pain and all the blood rushes from my head.. i dont get it.. but i walk very carefully now:)

Heidi58
12-26-2009, 10:30 AM
mom taught me to spell certain words like this: arithmetic- a red indian thought he might eat turkey in church.

geography- george eats old grey rats and paints houses yellow.

as for when columbus discovered america.... in 1492 columbus sailed the ocean blue.. he sailed so fast it tickled his a@@ and he s### all over the crew ...

odd, but i never forgot em lol
Things like that are fun, aren't they? I can't remember where I left my car keys an hour ago but I can still remember things I learned 40+ years ago. :lol:

My 3rd grade spelling book used rhymes like that.
I don't remember if we had one for geography, but I learned "A Rat In The House Might Eat The Ice Cream" for arithmetic. :p

cathydoe
12-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Do you know Roy G. Biv?

The colors of the rainbow...
red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, & violet

Heidi58
12-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Do you know Roy G. Biv?

The colors of the rainbow...
red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, & violet

Yup.

How about "Good Boys Deserve Fun Always" and "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" ? (bass cleff and treble cleff) I remember those from elementary school music class. :)

EZMONEY
12-27-2009, 06:32 PM
I cannot walk anywhere unless left sock...right sock... left shoe...right shoe go on in that order....

Heidi58
12-27-2009, 07:38 PM
I hate to wear shoes - I take them off as soon as I get in the house.

cathydoe
01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Without socks I feel naked! Even in warmer weather, after a pedicure and my toenails are so pretty...sandals feel funky. And now there are shoes for swimming...HOOT...so my feet are covered...no socks, but covered:D

srr728
01-02-2010, 09:01 PM
I would go without socks 24/7 if i could, i hate winter in indiana! and work lol and I cannot wear them especially to bed

Ruthxxx
01-03-2010, 08:19 AM
I can't stand bare feet. Even for a middle of the night potty trip, I wear slippers - and I have wall-to-wall carpet!

MindiV
01-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I was born with a bunion on my left foot. I have SERIOUS shoe jealousy when I see women able to wear cool sandals!!!

Heidi58
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
I love to play Scrabble.
I'm pretty good, too. :D

Passionista
01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I was invited to play Scrabble today by friends I haven't seen in a long time and I'm so looking forward to it because I've been lonely!

Back to the shoe thing, I remove my shoes when entering a home and am almost obsessive about washing my feet really often!

Heidi58
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Oh, have fun today! :D
(I was trying to change the subject - I know way too much about everyone and their foot obsessions now.... :lol: ;))

I can write, cut, eat, etc. equally well with either hand.
But I catch and throw much better with my right.

murphmitch
01-04-2010, 07:39 PM
I was a spelling bee queen in high school, but had competition from another girl, and we were always dueling each other at the end.

cathydoe
01-04-2010, 09:30 PM
My husband and I collect "State" shaped magnets of the states we have been to together. We hope to have one from each of the states someday.

srr728
01-06-2010, 05:46 AM
I usually have between 15 and 30 library books at home. Last year I was lucky enough to read 106 books...geeky, but I love it

stargzr
01-06-2010, 01:22 PM
When I sleep I can't let any of my body parts hang over the edge of the bed AND I always have to be covered, even if it's just a sheet. I'm afraid something will grab me from under the bed and pull me under. (weird, I know)

PearFreak
01-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Same here, Stargzr... no body parts of the sid eof the bed.

I always eat atleast 2, if not 3 pieces of whole fruit a day.

jigglefree
01-06-2010, 03:11 PM
I had my first and only child at 43. I always said I am not a baby factory, then I turned 40 and had to have one.

zanheltangia
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I hit my brother with a heeled shoe in elementary school, the only time I can remember me getting in trouble on the bus.

C'mon, it was my BROTHER! :smug:

EZMONEY
01-06-2010, 05:36 PM
my littlest brother once hit my next youngest brother in the face with a 2x4....when they were 4 and 6....smackaroonie.....

murphmitch
01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I got a perfect score on my certification exam for Maternal Newborn Nursing.

cathydoe
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Woo Hoo Anne!

When I student taught I received an "A" Do u know what 16 credits at an A does to your GPA?? Hoot!

Heidi58
01-10-2010, 02:49 PM
My best friend named her dog after me.
I could never figure out if it was a compliment or not. ;) lol

murphmitch
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I lived with my best friend Nan for several years. No one could believe we were "Nan & Anne" when we went out. We also married guys that were roommates.

northcarolina RN
01-13-2010, 02:29 PM
I stabbed my sister with a fork when we were young and we both blamed it on the dog...

Heidi58
01-14-2010, 06:22 PM
^ I thought we were the only violent sisters.....
My younger sister stabbed me with a fork when we were in grade school. I've forgotten what we were arguing about now, but I suppose I provoked her. ;) By the time our parents got home the fight was forgotten - but I've still got a scar on my upper arm.

cathydoe
01-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Another thread reminded me of this...my mom always made me angels food cake for my birthday with chocolate frosting. It was my favorite! I miss my mom.

EZMONEY
01-16-2010, 09:04 PM
I miss my mom too!

She always made me PLAIN Angel Food cake! Just like I liked it with vanilla ice cream.....

We will have our family/friends 3rd Annual Gramma/i Judi's Chili celebration sometime the week after Super Bowl here at my house....

northcarolina RN
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I make my kids pancakes with food coloring in it....it all started with green ones on St Patricks day...now I just can't make them plain anymore..They won't let me.

Heidi58
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
I swallow my chewing gum.

Gross, eh?

murphmitch
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
I swallow my chewing gum.

So do I!

northcarolina RN
01-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I loved math in school....

murphmitch
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I took all the math I could in high school, scored high in it on my ACT exam. Can't remember any of it anymore and my hubby had to help my kids in algebra.

Heidi58
01-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I always enjoyed math classes in school but I absolutely hate balancing my checkbook....

EZMONEY
01-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I balance my checkbook every single week-end by going on-line to my bank accounts... Easy that way...

calluna
01-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Only if you are disciplined enough to do it each week!

I have over a hundred bottles of ink. And wherever possible, I prefer to write with fountain pens (I collect them...the ink just accumulates) to ballpoints or rollerballs.

The fun part of it is that I use and teach technology all day, every day for a living. I guess some of us just appreciate good engineering!

Heidi58
01-19-2010, 08:27 PM
I balance my checkbook every single week-end by going on-line to my bank accounts... Easy that way...

My way is easier Gary - my husband does it. ;)

EZMONEY
01-19-2010, 08:52 PM
HA!...Angie does her own!

My wife and I have separate accounts but access to both....we each pay certain bills out of our accounts....

northcarolina RN
01-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I am currently working hard to pay off my credit card bill. I am hoping that the tax refund will be the end of it...

srmb60
01-20-2010, 10:25 AM
I bit my nails until I was about 45.

Heidi58
01-21-2010, 06:24 AM
HA!...Angie does her own!

My wife and I have separate accounts but access to both....we each pay certain bills out of our accounts....

We heard on the TV not long ago that that's what every couple should do, have 2 accounts. But, we've had a joint account since we got married 30 years ago and it's always worked well for us so we're not going to change now. I do balance our checkbook every now and then, but the truth is I'm more than happy to leave that task to Fergie. :lol:

Sskar
01-21-2010, 06:56 AM
My wise father said the secret to a happy marriage was that one person controlled the checkbook and the other person abided by whatever rules had been set by the checkbook queen/king. :rofl:

We have 2 accounts. I balance to the penny - thank goodness for Quicken. My sweetie could care less about the balancing act and let's Quicken do it all, but insists on paying all theshared bills from her account. Fine by me. I just turn in my copies of the one joint credit card receipts. :devil:

murphmitch
01-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Two accounts here too. I use Microsoft Money. My husband is an accountant so I have to balance to the penny or he's got his nose in it to find out why. Separate credit cards too.

northcarolina RN
01-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I have been know to give my kids popcorn for lunch.

EZMONEY
01-22-2010, 08:09 PM
I have eaten popcorn for dinner

sweetcakes736
01-22-2010, 11:18 PM
I like to beat my husband at video games

expatlady
01-23-2010, 12:38 AM
My honey comes back from the war today. Sorry, can't post much more than that. Just excited!!

EZMONEY
01-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Give that hero a hug from me expatlady

I will watch my daughter run a marathon tomorrow...have done it before...

Heidi58
01-25-2010, 07:56 AM
I've got an unexpected day off today because of the weather. :D
(Of course I may not be quite so happy about it when we're still going to school at the end of June... ;))

sweetcakes736
01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
I plan to go to college when my kids leave in a few years

expatlady
01-25-2010, 10:28 PM
My sister Meghan will be my maid of honor.

northcarolina RN
01-26-2010, 09:14 AM
mu husband and I were apart the first two years of our marriage.

cathydoe
01-27-2010, 02:12 PM
I was 27 when I graduated from college. It took me 4 tries before I found a fit! Now that I am almost 50...at 27 I thought I was so old...and now at 49, 27 sounds so young!

northcarolina RN
01-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I love bananas and peanut butter together

sweetcakes736
01-28-2010, 09:41 AM
My favorite things in life are sounds....when my children tell me they love me, when I hear my mother laugh, and when my husband key rattles in the doorknob because I know at least for one more night, he's alive and he's home.

cathydoe
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
In the winter I really enjoy the sun beating in the window on me.

sweetcakes736
01-30-2010, 03:50 PM
I trudged threw the snow with my daughter to go to the store and once we made it, I thought, "Why did I do this again?"

cathydoe
02-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Okay, I gotta tell ya...I have worms! Yep worms. Composting worms...they eat my garbage and they are in a worm bin in my house. AND they don't stink! They love banana peels and watermelon rinds!

Daisy May
02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
i am moving interstate next week to start studying teaching and currently avoiding the packing process..