Support Groups - Women of Color #2

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Women of Color #2

bjeweled
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
hey ladies!

welcome to all the newbies who are giving this thread new life :wave: and how ya been, good to see ya :hug: to all of us who are returning! including me!
im sure more of us will resurface around january. since its time for those lovely resolutions ;)

for all the newbies this is a wonderful thread of support and special understanding. we all have struggles and this is the best place we all can be. no doubt.

im seeing a doctor to assist me with weight loss and my awful metabolism. i am using my flexible spending account to pay for it. since i am medically obese it is covered. i checked my plan and was pleasantly surprised!

soo i have lost 5 pounds this week with constant exercise and eating well. hopefully i can get close to onederland by 2010. but i wont be worried if i dont because my biggest measure will be inches lost.

cake - u should wait till after you have kids and give your skin time to adjust esp since u dont want to risk having two surgeries because kids do a number on the tummy and the skin. definitely check out that part of this website and see what others can offer you in helping to increase your skins elasticity and the time table. if you want to wait to have children then talk to your fiancee' in the end its YOUR body. u want to do what is best for you and the relationship.
i know this is one of your big issues but i think if u do some research on it and think about it u will make the right decision and hey be PROUD of your body its strong and beautiful and a reflection of your hardwork. you are young u have time to "fix" it if u decide but im sure its fine.

to everyone else hello and i look forward to giving and getting support.

beaka
12-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a hot minute, but I'm glad to see that the group has grown and we're even on thread 2!

I'm still doing ok on my weight loss, but I definitely need to step it up. I started the Shred again yesterday. I've been on Sparkpeople a lot more lately, so let me know if anyone else is a member. I look forward to getting to know the new ladies... and shouts out to my old homies Cake and Brie!!!

Let's keep the party goin! :carrot:

Kamierue
12-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Good Day Ladies!

Although this is my first post... I feel as if I already know you all very well!

I have spent the last few days reading all the post in WOC (while sick in bed got a cold) debating if I was going to join. Well since y'all relate to me better than any other person in my life currently, I'm HERE! Yay

I am 36, married, 3 children of my own 18, 12 & 9 and 3 by marriage 19, 17 & 13. I currently work for a start up Adult Day Center. I have been a big girl all my life. I have struggled with my weight for many years idk maybe 15 years.

My story is not much different than many of yours and that is what made me post today.

I been on and off working out eating right for about 7 years. This last year has been my biggest back slide. In October 2008 I paid a lot of money (too much) for a firmfit program at a local gym. I loved it.. it gave me confidence and the support I needed to move forward in my life (at the time my life was falling apart rocky marriage we separated but I had a good job). On Dec 27, 2008 someone decided to throw 3 cocktails through my window and set my home ablaze while my father and I were home. We both made it out safely and THANK GOD! my children were not home. It was 3days after my 48 day firmfit program ended.

It caused me to move back home with my husband and life became more and more difficult. Nevertheless I went back into a slump and been there ever since. I know not a good excuse but it is what it is.

I moved back into my fathers home 9 months later (it was truly an ordeal with the construction) our home is beautiful and I have all new things Yay! yet I am again not happy with me. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!

I have family with a piss poor health history with diabetes, cancer, hypertension and stroke on both sides. ONLY by the grace of God do I not have any health Issues (YET!) I'm just fat and lazy at this point. I am a social person and I need a partner or a trainer to help me. My husband is the skinny muscle bound stud and was a marathon runner and trainer and biker prior to his bout with some injuries. So you can imagine what I'm getting from his side (blah, blah, blah) contrary to what he thinks it doesn't help me.... ANYWHO!

I am glad you all are here and I am looking forward to starting with a workout and eating program (on my own this time) with the type of support you all share here.

Sorry for my monologue

I wait to get it Crackin!

Kamierue
12-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a hot minute, but I'm glad to see that the group has grown and we're even on thread 2!

I'm still doing ok on my weight loss, but I definitely need to step it up. I started the Shred again yesterday. I've been on Sparkpeople a lot more lately, so let me know if anyone else is a member. I look forward to getting to know the new ladies... and shouts out to my old homies Cake and Brie!!!

Let's keep the party goin! :carrot:

Im on Sparkpeople too!

Matilda08
12-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Kamierue- welcome aboard and good luck on your journey, this is a great start!

Beaka- Nice to see you and Im proud that youve been making progress!!!!!! Thats great keep it up.

Bri- Welcome back and it sounds like you are on the right track as well. Congrats on the five lbs loss!!!

beaka
12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Kamierue- Add me! I'm LeslieMartina on Sparkpeople! And I'm glad you've been able to pick right up and keep pressing on with all of the things that have happened. I'm sure I'll be seeing the weight falling off of ya soon!

Matilda- Thanks! I hope things are going well your way!

And I saw a lot of people who joined the thread are in the DMV. We might have to have a little meetup one evening! :)

I'm about to go do the Shred. Hope everyone had a happy, healthy day! :grouphug:

Matilda08
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Happy Monday ladies!!!

Beaka- Im loving your profile pic you look pretty and you can see the difference.

Im doing ok im pretty much op will be going to the gym this evening and Im doing pretty ok with planning my meals. Have a fab day ladies!

Matilda08
12-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Beaka- how is 30d shred? what have your results been like?

bjeweled
12-14-2009, 03:19 PM
hey gals!

just checking in.

im in orlando, florida for training and i am sooo tired and bored kind of. its valuable information but im just not focused today. i gotta try to go to bed early.

i am still eating healthy and watching my snacks and i have a buddy that is going to the gym with me tonight after training and he promised to keep me going as well. the biggest issue is having to eat out for 8 days! it is hard to resist temptation when everyone else is eating tasty food.

anyway ladies i hope everyone is on plan and doing well.

:welcome3: kamierue! you have a story girl and i see you are in the right place :hug:

bjeweled
12-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Beaka- how is 30d shred? what have your results been like?

30 DS is awesome and i lost like 5-6 inches my first week! its challenging and the levels are great. you move up and see your body change more and more!

beaka
12-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Matilda- Thanks so much!!! Brie's right. I definitely saw a big difference into week 2 of doing the shred. You lose of your waist, and I had more thigh muscle definition. I could definitely feel the difference in my arms too. I've only done 2 days so far, but I'm trying to stick with it this time. I'm skipping tonight though, because I have pole dance class- and it is quite a workout. I love it though! I signed up for a 6 week Monday night class. I think I'll take more of their classes when it's over.

I've eaten ok today. I need to get in some more water though. Overall it's been a good day. :)

Matilda08
12-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Ive been eating pretty well for the most part I just got back from the gym and I am tired lol. Im happy with my progress I was suppose to weigh in this morning but I dont like to weigh in once Ive eaten. So I'll try to see where I am tomorrow. I would hope that by next week I see some sort of progress.

Have a nice evening ladies!

Kamierue
12-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Thank You Ladies, I've been up and attem today. I went shopping and bought almost every veggie in the store and a few fruits.

I think I'm going to do the Fat Smash (I'm mad a friend gave me that brothers book months ago I did not read it and now i cannot find it. now i have to go buy it)

I see ya ll talking about the 30 day shred... Whats that about?

Please let me know cause I need as much move it, move it as I could possibly get!

Beaka, you do look good and you can really tell! I added you on sparkspeople I been on there a long time and never used it.

Matilda, Thanks good luck on your weigh in!

Brie, Thanks girl!!

Again Thanks Ladies glad to be here!

FatGirl
12-14-2009, 11:57 PM
hey! im new here
im an 18 year old chick looking to loose some weight..i've already lost 50 and i have about 50-60 to go!

also how do you ladies get the S/C/G things and yoru height under your avatars:?

Matilda08
12-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Fatgirl-welcome! To add that you need to go to edit profile and settings then scroll down. You wont be able to add a signature until a certain amount of post but you can add that.

CakeBatter
12-15-2009, 12:57 PM
What UP Chicas! I been for a few days...long story for another day.

These are my confessions:

I haven't run in two weeks
I haven't counted points (well haven't written them down) in two weeks
I don't care that I haven't been strict with points
I am depressed I haven't ran BUT my dumb arse won't just go and do it!

BRIEEEEEEEE and BEEEEAKAAAAA : what up chicks!

Welcome Fatgirl and Kamierue. You ladies are definitely in the right place. I am not a good role model at the moment but give a few days...lmbo

Brie - WTG on 5 POUNDS

Matilda - You hangin in there

Beaka - I love the new pic! Someone's getting skinny!

Matilda08
12-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Cake- dont sweat it just get back up! I think that happens on most journeys. Some times you wont feel up to working out. Buy now you probably have an idea of what to eat. Good luck with getting back OP

Im doing OK. I ate well today and Ive been working out. I have finals this week and im pleased to say that I got a 93 on my english final which accounted for 20% of my grade. Im hanging in there. Have a nice day!

Dips'n'twists
12-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Okay seriously, eberybody look down...way down in the dumps...can you se me?:wave: okay, got the little rant out of my system.

Cake- Is it bad of me to take pleasure in your slip ups since i too have fallen slightly? I mean why else are we here right? :hug: why so depressed? Is it the fiance? My reason is TOM. Since I skipped the pill this month {by accident} the cramps are taking their toll so even though my eating has been good, my gym trips have not been. Come join me in my slump, sister I will not go to the gym until these cramps go away :snooty: so THERE

Kamierue- What a deal you've had:sorry: I'm so glad you are here to let us lift your spirits... well once the cramps go away

Fatgirl- Welcome my darling. We have got to give you a new nick-name. Fatgirl seems so wrong. You seem to be the youngest in the group so i will call you "baby sis" Okey Dokey? You have lost a lot of weight! Lets get the rest of those pounds down so we can work it this summer...once the cramps go away

Matilda- Look at my girl getting her education on! Great job on the test.

Beaka/ Brie- Okay so we haven't met but it seems you all are doing your thing. Keep up the weight loss and resist temptation. Take some of this :dust:
And I am right there with you...once the cramps go away!

I am so *****y right now my boyfriend went outside to get away from me. I was all:tantrum: and he's like :shrug: until he couldn't take it anymore and went outside. I'll have to apologize to him- say it with me now- ONCE THE CRAMPS GO AWAY!!

Nighty Night!

beaka
12-16-2009, 01:29 AM
Heeeeey my chocolate chickies!

Worked both jobs today and I am pooped. Just wanted to check in. Ate ok today. Had the pole class last night. Haven't worked out since I ran all across that store today. Didn't drink enough water, but I'll get it in tomorrow.

Cake: Hey, boo! :hug: And um... get you booty right back on that runnin trail. Cuz you gonna wanna keep it tight for that wedding dress. ;)

F-Girl: Congrats on the weight loss so far, and WELCOME to the group! :D

Dipsntwists: You'll get to know us. Basically, I've been overweight my whole life, and finally decided to get serious about the weight loss this year. I'm originally from Mississippi, living in Maryland, and working in the field of public health. I count calories, try to wat whole foods, and work out. I'm 25, single, no kids.

Kamierue: Whats your Spark name?

And thanks to everyone who mentioned that they can actually see the changes. I don't always see them in myself. This weight loss thing has definitely been a lot of work, and I'm finally starting to feel like it's paying off. :)

CakeBatter
12-16-2009, 08:13 AM
hello my name is Ash and I am obsessed with my FRO!

Oh I am running today...Thank GOD!

Matilda08
12-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Hello Chicks!

Cake- good girl! Im happy you are back on. GREAT!

Dipsntwist- I hope you feel better and get the ball back rolling. You can do it

Beaka- keep up the good work, you are doing a fine job

Ive been losing and gaining the same dang weight for months because I havent been serious since the semester started. BUT its ending soon and Ive already started back with my regular routine. Im counting calories and eating right. I just want to stick it out please pray for me I really need it. I worked out last night and I ate op for this entire week so far. My main mini goal is to get back to the 220 which is what I weighed back in feb I know I can do it I just want to get out of the 200's SO BAD! I think I have time to get there for the summer and long as I stick to the plan. WHich is why Im here lol

CakeBatter
12-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Hello Chicks!

Cake- good girl! Im happy you are back on. GREAT!

Dipsntwist- I hope you feel better and get the ball back rolling. You can do it

Beaka- keep up the good work, you are doing a fine job

Ive been losing and gaining the same dang weight for months because I havent been serious since the semester started. BUT its ending soon and Ive already started back with my regular routine. Im counting calories and eating right. I just want to stick it out please pray for me I really need it. I worked out last night and I ate op for this entire week so far. My main mini goal is to get back to the 220 which is what I weighed back in feb I know I can do it I just want to get out of the 200's SO BAD! I think I have time to get there for the summer and long as I stick to the plan. WHich is why Im here lol

hey at least you ain't gaining new weight!!!! :o glad you're back too!

beaka
12-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Matilda- Glad you're back on track. Don't worry about the past. Just think about how good you're doing being on plan now.

Cake: Glad to see ya rockin that fro! I'll have to post a pic of mine when I take these twists out.

And can I just say that I am SICK of holiday parties! Can these people stop offering me dessert at work?!?!

beaka
12-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh... and another note. So I finally ordered a 2 piece swimsuit for my progress pics... I'm gonna start taking pics in it to keep up with the changes. And where did I order it from? Wal-Mart. :)

Dips'n'twists
12-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Heeeyyyy!

ok got some gooood drugs in my system, so no more pain but no get-up-and-go either :lol: i will get it together soon. Anyways...

Beaka- a two piece :eek: how ver Kirsty Alley can't wait to see! hey! i'll post a pic of me too in solidarity...gotta love wal mart

Cake, work the fro baby! i love it:cp: vey diva-licious!.

matilda- thanks for the encouragement and i'm sending some right back to you

okay drugs are reeeeeally kicking in now... nighty night

Dips'n'twists
12-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Okay really quick...this is kinda hard for me but here goes... this was me over the summer maybe like 5-7 pounds lighter and please know that I am sucking in the gut and standing kinda sideways to use the lighting to my advantage...we wanna take like 30 pounds away from this...should look better in a few months

CakeBatter
12-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Dips - I wish my tummy looked like that. But anywho we can totally get 30 pounds off we are gonna stick together. I want to lose 15 more pounds.

Beaka - If another mofo offer me another muthaeffin cookie there is gonna be a murder. I swear! But yea I feel ya! Yay for progress pics

Thanks for the compliments ladies, cause I swear if it didn't look good I wouldn't even have known. I feel all fierce and junk wit my BBA

Tamara
12-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi ladies,

I didn't know there was a WOC thread! Yay! My name is Tamara, I'm a twentysomething from NYC! Looking to trim the fat and finally get healthy.

Dips'n'twists
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Heeeey Ladies.

Hi Tamara! :welcome: to our crew. YAY I got another new yorker up in here! :carrot: what part of the city are you in?? I'm in Harlem.

Cake- You do wonders for my ego:rolleyes: But I'm telling you, I am sooooo sucking it in and holding my breath in this pic. If I let the air out and relax it would be more like :preg: okay. But i so appreciate the kind words and YES we will do this together.

Beaka- forgot to mention...I have been really good about avoiding the holiday sweets at the office parties. I don't know how, they are so tempting :drool: but I was more focused on mingling i guess. Gotta love all that office gossip but look at what I had to deal with:

Tamara
12-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome, dipsntwists! Im in Queens!

Matilda08
12-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Tamara- :welcome3:

Dipsntwist- I dont think you look bad at all. But I totally understand you wanting to shed 30lbs and its very possible. Lets go

Cake and Beaka- I had to resist temptations sooooooooo much today there were donuts cookies and all kinds of crap. Thankfully I had three munchkins. Not bad for me

Im doing ok so far lastnight i had a minor slip up of overating after the gym when I had four string cheese and mini crakers lol Ill make it up. Please continue to pray for me. Have a fab day girls......

OH and we need to come up with some type of challenge for spring. It would be nice if those of you who have a goal to join the may day challenge. Im going for about 2lbs each week so Im hoping that Ill be at 204 come may. Join the challenge!!!!!!!!:carrot::hug:

CakeBatter
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Matilda - great job

Tamara - Welcome

Dips - Now you knwo you wrong for even posting that pic!

Matilda08
12-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Those cookies and cake pics are too funny lmao!

beaka
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM
I ate all the cookies.

:devil:

And now I feel gross. That is all.

Dips'n'twists
12-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Beaka- Don't you dare feel gross. We should NOT have to live our lives without cookies. (just for the next few weeks. I say we all designate a cookie day and make it alright to have a cookie or two that day. Ofcourse since you ate them all we have to schedule our next cookie day waaaay out :lol:

Cake: those were not even the HALF of em. luckily at my office party, it was at a club so the food and sweets were on the main level and the dance floor was upstairs which is where I stayed with my BF. So proud of myself.

Matilda- To be honest I don't think I look bad either but considering that this time last year i weighed in at 140 and this year I'm 173, I've out grown all my clothes and I'm not feeling as sexy for my BF although he swears he loves my body this way. I just want to tighten things up and take some of th jiggle away, know what i'm saying?

Tamara- What part of queens? i'm only familiar with kew gardens which is where some of my friends live.

Kamierue
12-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey Ladies,

I started Fat smash today..... me and about 5 of my sisters and girlfriends around the country. Aey, I had to recruit someone to do it with me cause BABY ITS HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP!

So I geeked too. Ima make it happen!

Dips - Yea... U wrong for dat! all them darn cookies I cant even walk 100 ft close to a bakery (so all the snow helps cause I dont walk anywhere no more. Oh btw your pick umm thats my Ideal weight! LOL. I know you want to loose 30 girl you really gonna be on point!

Beaka - Kamierue is my name on sparkspeople too. And uuh I want to work it off like you! LOOKING GOOD!

Cake - Hey!! you back Running YEAH!! Girl my husband is a marathon trainer and I learned how to run/walk in January in MN in 10 below zero weather. Here in MN we dont stop running cause its cold. So I perfer the cold to run in okay maybe not 10 below but cooler weather cause i sweat and then when you stop running your body heats up even more before you cool down and then I get all ichy when its hot! I hate it! but I did like running. I havent done it in a long while I will be starting back a 1:1's run 1 min walk one min and each we go up 1 min on running staying at 1 min rest between.

Keep it up girl Oh and you fro!!! HEEEEEY! i been natural for about 1 year after shaving off my whole head I ll have to post when I can send pics!

Matilda - Im down with the challange where do I join.

Welcome Tamara!

Well Im off to work Ill hit yall later Toodles

beaka
12-18-2009, 05:30 PM
So, I didn't really eat all the cookies. But it sure was a lot of cookie. Soooo... apparently it's a slippery slope, because my chunky butt had pizza and wings today.

I'm in for tonight. It's supposed to start snowing tonight and be 10-20 inches. I hae never experienced that much snow. I'm sopposed to go to my part-time tomorrow. So... I might lose by job, because I don't think I'm gonna make it in. I'm definitely getting in some workouts while I'm in. And luckily, all the food I have at home is healthy.

Maybe I can blame my poor eating on TOM. I gotta get it together though. These past couple of days have been ridiculous.

Loryivey: Glad you're doing better!

Kamierue: I added you back!

DipsNTwists: Um... so you have a shape in your pic... Thank you for putting me to shame. :p

Kamierue
12-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey All,

Day ONE on the Fat Smash!
My Day went real well until it was time to pick up the children. I don't know what the **** I was thinking about It is my son's birthday and we was running everywhere. By the time I looked up 5 hours had past and I was starving! I ordered the children and my husband some fish House fried chix&fish (that we smuggled into the movie theater) I had nothing to eat. I tore that chicken up! (damn i did not want to be honest about it but...) Ugh!

I have a really big day tomorrow Anisah & Shayaa's Party is tomorrow & there will be TWO cakes because they couldn't decide on one cake. I'm haten on birthdays right now LOL! Kids will be taking home doggie bags HA!

Oh and I did not work out except I went up block E's (3 flights) steps from the street 3x because I was too cheap to pay parking in the ramp so I had to put money in the meter so I guess i did work out ;-)

Its ALL GOOD cause I am going to hit it tomorrow and have a big bag of grapes and 4 apples while cake is being served!

So ladies how was your day?

Stay motivated!!!!!

beaka
12-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Kamierue: Hope you're hitting it like you said!

I am trapped inside. Snow and lots of it in the DMV. My Mississippi heart can barely stand it.

Matilda08
12-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah Im in a whole bunch of snow myself lol its freezing in NJ! Stay warm ladies

beaka
12-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Back down this mornin', ladies! 203.6!!! I'm feeling good and about to get this Shred in with Jillian.

Matilda- I hope you're doing ok over there. Luckily I don't have to go to work today.

Matilda08
12-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Scale is finally moving for me again. Im down two lbs which is a start. I hope you all have a fab day!

Brit
12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
hey ladies..this is FatGirl..i decided to change names because it will sooner or later not fit me anymore! plus it seemed so negative...anyways just wanted to update you guys on my new s/n.

as far as weight..ive been doing ok minus the mini binge i had Saturday night...i was back on track Sunday though

beaka
12-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Brit: I'm so glad you changed your name! Glad you're back on track too! :hug:

Matilda: Glad you're seeing a loss! :carrot:

Soooo... just wanted to share that the scale says 202.4 this morning. I've been on it for the past couple of days and ending TOM. I really feel like I can hit Onderland by New Years now!!! This totally has me motivated to stay on plan! :D

So now I actually have to go to work... wish me luck. Some of the roads are still kinda bad.

Dips'n'twists
12-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Heeeeyyyy Ladies.

Sorry for the hiatus but the pc was acting up and I had to recruit geek squad but everything works fine now so time to catch up....

Kamierue- You are tooo funny :lol: how very colored of you to sneak outside food into the movie theater. You know how we do, baby! I should have done the same. I took my godchildren to see the princess and the frog movie and made the mistake of not feeding them first. $11.50 for nachos and a soda. So wings, huh? isn't that always our downfall? Right, Beaka?!

Okay Beaka, Pizza and wings and still a loss? i want to be like you when i grow up. You should see the snow around here too! Its nasty, i must really love new york because i hate the snow.

Loryivey- I think you should actually be glad that you finally found a link to your mood issues. I know I can get down in the dumps when the hormones are raging. And 4 pounds down ? I am sooo jealous. :mad: I been on this onesie-twosie slim slow weight loss but i'll take it. i guess

Brit- My baby sis YAY for the name change. i didn't like it at all. And we all have slip ups, don't lose focus.

Matilda- giving you some props for your weight loss:bravo:

On my way to do some last minute shopping...toodles

Brit
12-22-2009, 09:15 PM
beaka..im sure you can do it! i cannot wait until i hit onederland..i plan to be there in march-ish!

Matilda08
12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Brit- Im right with you. Onederland is a huge goal for me as well. I think ill cry. lol

Ive been doing great even with holiday season being here. Been going to the gym and pretty much staying op. I hope you are all doing well!

beaka
12-23-2009, 01:28 PM
DipsNTwists- Thanks for pointing that out! Yes, I did have pizza and wings and still have a loss. Did you catch the part where I ended TOM, ate right, and exercised since then? So, yes, I could definitely understand why you'd want to be like me. :)

Brit- Ok, you are sooo cute in your profile pic! I can't believe you would ever have called yourself Fat Girl!!! You've come really far and you'll be in ONEderland soon enough. I'm sure of it! :)

Matilda: Glad you're OP!!! I'm hoping I can stick it out through the Holiday!

Matilda08
12-26-2009, 08:07 PM
I hope you all enjoyed your holiday. I dont want to lose this thread so Im posting! lol

Dre
12-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey ladies! I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday! My name is Dre and I, like many others, have struggled with my weight for quite some time. First it was the freshman 15, then it was the 'got comfortable with my man' 30, and the rest is just due to pure laziness! :o

My goal is really just to be healthy again and I'm looking for some motivation and tips from those that have been successful and/or are working towards the same thing so that's why I joined this group.

Low carb has always worked best for me but it's also always been temporary. So I've decided to do a low carb/low fat type diet and see where that gets me. My problem is portion size and I LOVE SUGAR. I actually may be an addict...but I may have to join another forum for that issue. :)

A couple of friends and I will be training for the half marathon...we start training in a couple weeks...the marathon is in April. My goal is to walk the half marathon but, depending on how training goes, I may try to walk/run the half.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know others on this same journey!

Thin in 2010!:carrot:

Matilda08
12-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Dre- Welcome and we are happy to have you. GOod luck on your journey!

Ive been OP and not doing good. Cookies and junk mcdonalds and everything else. Iw ont even weigh myself. Ill start fresh for the new year. I really have to find away to turn the other cheek when bad foods are near because once I start eating bad its hard to stop. Thats my biggest problem. I hope everyone else is doing better...

Dips'n'twists
12-29-2009, 05:45 PM
wHEW!:sorry: how did i EVER survive these holidays?!

Matilda- There is something about the New Year that makes us feel psyched all over again about getting fit. The holidays are tricky because we focus so much on getting things done that we lose focus on our personal goals. I'm with you girl! You can do this!

Brit- May I just echo Beaka and tell you how very pretty you are and I can tell that (already hot) figure of yours is going to be out of this world when you get to onederland. I'm rooting for you, baby sis!

DRE: :welcome::welcome3 Love to see new faces! Your post reads like a page out of my own life, :lol: {got comfortable with my man 30} Well, I look forward to getting to know you.

BEAKA, LORYIVEY, CAKE,: where ya'll at?? Holla at us before 2010

bjeweled
12-29-2009, 09:29 PM
hey gals!

im chilling over here. havent been pigging out but havent been 100% either. got back from my work trip and spent christmas eve thru monday with my mom. went back to work today and then have a half day tomorrow and i'm off to atl for new years eve!

my pt is on vacation till the 4th so i will start back with her then and i cant wait to see the results of consistent personal training and my running plan! i think i am going to do the 6 week 5K running plan rather than c25K it seems to move a little faster.

i started with these vitamin b injections today. they are sposed to give me more energy along with the medication the doctor put me on. so far i have plenty energy and feel great! i hope this is the answer for me and i can keep it up and keep it off.

sooo i think we should do some type of New Years challenge hmmm! i thought of one how about a quarterly challenge! so i will make a new thread and we log in everyday starting the first. plan out your meals for the day and your planned exercise, water intake.

then the next day you reflect on the day before what went well, what didnt and most importantly why, emotions etc. and write the plan for the next day and so on.

i think this will help us all be accountable for ourselves and to each other without putting a bunch of work on anyone. we can weigh in at the beginning of the challenge and at the end of every month. i will collect weights and WOC can join at anytime. so its more a supportive, forum rather than a competition.

what do you ladies think?

i will be happy to collect starting weights and begin the thread if you ladies are interested just let me know!

i'm in ;)

:wel3fc: Dre!

for everyone else its the holidays! relax and lets start 2010 hard! im ready! are u?

Brit
12-29-2009, 10:19 PM
i've been doing good as far as staying within my caloric intake and exercising consistently..the scale is showing 220!! -happily changes my 3fc stats-
that's 17lbs down from my last wight check up in November. woot woot.

my next checkup to the doc in feb 26th and i plan to be in ONEDERLAND if not..within 5 pounds reach of it.

and thanks dip & bear! if only my arms,back rolls and belly would go down..i would love my body more

beaka
12-30-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm here... and I ate what I wanted to on Christmas. Then I got back on track. Checking out a gym tomorrow. I wanna join one with some classes. That is all. :)

Matilda08
12-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Dips- um yeah I have to get back on track lol Im glad the holiday season is ova.....

Brit- congrats and keep up the good work. you seem to be doing well. How many calories do you aim for daily?

Bejeweled- Im down for the challenge Im in so many lol Im trying to stick with them.

Beaka- I love the classes thats what keeps me going to the gym to begin with. I get bored with treadmill and weights and stuff I need some excitement.

im just trying to get back on track. still havent weighed in yet Ill do that after the new year. I would like to see some progress come MAY!!!!!

Matilda08
12-30-2009, 10:35 AM
OK I weighed myself lol and im happy to say Ive only gained a lbs!!!!! Thank you Im happy.

Matilda08
12-30-2009, 10:50 AM
What are you ladies doing for the new year? Anyone have any goals for 2010?

Brit
12-30-2009, 02:34 PM
my intake is all over the place..i dont really have a set count but i try to stay under 1450 adn over 1000..most days of the week i eat about 1200-1300( i wake up real late..so most of my calories are consumed between 4-8pm) but on some weekends at stuff its about 1500-1900

as far as 2010 goals..i plan to be in wonderland by my next doc appointment..and at my goal weight by my bday in late august..i have a feeling 2010 will be a great year for me..

now off i go to "walk away the pounds" with leslie..

Losing It My Weigh
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey Ladies!! Just stopping in to see how everyone has been and to see how the holidays were for everyone. I hope that you all were able to stay on track or at least not do too much damage! LOL!

2010 is upon us and I am READY for big changes and even bigger weight loss in the new year!! LET DO IT!! Check out my blog when you get a chance (it's in my signature). Stop by and add comments! I encourage everyone to blog or be sure to stop in 3FC from time to time. Support is how we will win this battle! BELIEVE IT!!!

Good Luck!! :)

Dips'n'twists
12-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Bjeweled: i am definately down for the challenge. I think accountability is the key, though, like matilda, i am afraid to see what damage i did over the holidays. Still I'm pupmped for the new year. My coworker asked me to start running with hime because he's trying to get his sexy back for 2010. At first I was like naaaa but then I figured why the heck not! Let's friggin do it!

Brit: Yo are well on your way, my dear. Keep up the good work. You will knock the doc's socks off! (wow say that 3 times real fast)

Beaka- i ate what i wanted christmas, christmas eve, christmas week! Nothing like the holidays to make you nice and carefree, I am humbled by your discipline

Matilda- in this recession i plan to stay my poor behind at home for new years! If i go out itr will be to a friends house. to **** with blowing 300 at a club. I need to get my game plan together lets do this challenge!

Ok, nap time...didn't get enough sleep last night

Losing It My Weigh
12-30-2009, 08:38 PM
sooo i think we should do some type of New Years challenge hmmm! i thought of one how about a quarterly challenge! so i will make a new thread and we log in everyday starting the first. plan out your meals for the day and your planned exercise, water intake.

then the next day you reflect on the day before what went well, what didnt and most importantly why, emotions etc. and write the plan for the next day and so on.

i think this will help us all be accountable for ourselves and to each other without putting a bunch of work on anyone. we can weigh in at the beginning of the challenge and at the end of every month. i will collect weights and WOC can join at anytime. so its more a supportive, forum rather than a competition.

what do you ladies think?

i will be happy to collect starting weights and begin the thread if you ladies are interested just let me know!

I'm down for a challenge!! Just let me know what we have to do and I'm ALL IN!!

Matilda08
12-31-2009, 12:32 PM
dips- I hear you I usually go to a get together I dont do clubs on new years. Its pointless. Im not sure what Im doing either

I just want to make a lot of progress with my weight loss goals in 2010. Im really sick of the whole back and forth lol Im happy that I havent given up though.

Happy new year to you all!!!!!

Dips'n'twists
01-02-2010, 11:21 AM
:newyear::snowglo:

Hello Ladies, welcome to 2010! I am happy to report that I only gained 1 pound over the holiday season. YAY so now the real work begins. Slim in '10 baby!

beaka
01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
:newyear: Hope all of you ladies are well and have had a great start to the year!

Let's keep it going! It's a new year and a new decade. I'm excited about reaching my health weight in 2010! Let's do this! :grouphug:

Me in 2010 -> :exercise::lifter::woops:

I started off good today. I ate really well. I'm joining the gym so I can get involved in classes. I don't have a set weight in my head, but I want to be healthy in 2010. I hope to be at my happy weight by summer. I'm energized, so let's keep each other motivated so this doesn't fizzle out as we get further into the year!

:D

Matilda08
01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Happy New Year ladies!

Well its a new day and a new year Im going to try my best to just stay op. Id really like to see some progress come spring. Im happy that I havent gained any new weight that is a blessing.

How are you gals doing?????

Matilda08
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Where is everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im got three miles of walking in today. Im happy to say that.

Brit
01-05-2010, 05:47 PM
ive been doing good so far..still inching to onederland!

beaka
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Way to go, Matilda! I'm joining a new gym this week. It's so yucky outside that I've just been trying to eat really until I get back to working out next week.

Me too, Brit!!! I was at 201.2 this morning. I'm hoping to be there any day now!

I'm a little nervous about this weekend, because I'm going home again. I ALWAYS eat bad at home, because there are so many good things that I can only get there.

Matilda08
01-06-2010, 09:01 AM
GOod morning gals! I had a great day yesterday counting my cals ended up with 1310. Cant complain.

beaka
01-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Sooo... I got on the scale this morning and it read 200.0. Then I got back on and it read 200.8. Almost to ONEderland!!! :)

Matilda08
01-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Congrats beaka work it! Keep up the good work

Brit
01-06-2010, 02:04 PM
whoah congrats beaka!

the scale read 217.2 today..my TOM is going off..so im hoping 1-3 of those pounds are still the period weight...i plan to be at least 210 or under the end of this month

beaka
01-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks, Matilda!

Way to go, Brit! You should add one of the tickers. I like seeing mine move. :D

Dips'n'twists
01-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Okay so the good news is that i lost 2 pounds this week. The bad news is that it was a result of me being sick and not being able to keep anything down. That was a couple days ago. I'm a little better now, taking things slow with food. what a way to kick things off, right?

You Gurlz seems to be starting off on a good note. I am so excited for this year! Beaka, Cross that line girl!

Brit I am rooting for you all the way.

Matilda- Keep those cals in check

OK so I'm at 171.5 but i won't chnge my ticker just yet because the weight I lost was sick weight. We'll see how long that sticks.

TTYL

Matilda08
01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Hello everyone ive been doing pretty good Ive gotten nine miles of walking in this week so thats good for me.

Brit
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
scale showing 216.6 today

down .8 from yesterday morning..period weight going away finally

beaka
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Dips: Glad you're feeling better!

Matilda: Way to go with getting those miles in, girl!

Brit: YAY for a loss!

I'm about to get myself packed and twist my hair up. I catch my flight super early in the morning, and I hope it doesn't snow too much. I gotta drive to Baltimore for my flight!

Plus, I'm gonna try my best to be on plan. I always get off track when I'm home. :p

cassiedynamite
01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Hello ladies

CakeBatter
01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey CHICAS! Well went to my first WW meeting in a month. I was glad I went. I gained 5 pounds in the month of December. Not too shabby since I haven't counted points in a month!!!!! And I have been eeeeeatiiiiiiing!

Glad to see everyone is off to a great start. Checking in tomorrow!

Matilda08
01-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Cake-glad you are getting back on plan. Hang in there

Dips'n'twists
01-08-2010, 07:25 PM
what's going on ladies!

Beaka: Giiirrrrl I know all about the family get togethers. Food is love among us black folk. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Enjoy the food in smaller portions and drink lots of water and you should be fine.

Brit- You're on your way, keep going!

Matilda- you are smoking girl! Get that walk on.:cheer:

CAKE! missed you around here girl. Wasabout to send the search party:moped: You're back at weight watchers and that is great! The important thing is to get back on track when we go off course a lttle which we all do.

OK ladies for all my fellow iphone/ itouch peeps, there is a great FREE app called "loseit" it helps you keep track of your food calories and exercise. It's fabulous! Check it out.

Gotta make dinner now. Man will be home from the gym soon. Toodles!

Losing It My Weigh
01-09-2010, 10:21 AM
OK ladies for all my fellow iphone/ itouch peeps, there is a great FREE app called "loseit" it helps you keep track of your food calories and exercise. It's fabulous! Check it out.

I've had the app for about a month and I LOVE it. I also paid $0.99 or $1.99 for the iFitness app. It wasn't free :( but it's worth it. It's a lot of exercise moves and I have them on hand at all times. No excuses! I am still hunting down a good yoga app and am always looking for more weight loss/fitness apps, so if you ladies run across or know of any, let me know!

CakeBatter
01-09-2010, 04:13 PM
I seriously missed you ladies too. Its so funny how when I get away from here i am like"if i was checking in, i'd be on track," Oh well 5 pounds ....I can lose it

I went out and ran in the 20 degree weather today. Thank God for under armour. I managed four miles. Not bad for not running in a month!

bjeweled
01-09-2010, 07:48 PM
hey ladies!

i start up with my trainer on monday and i am so ready to get started again. between she and i being out of town its long overdue.

so im sitting here setting goals for the year. i decided not to do them till now so i wouldnt get lost in the resolution/new year hype. i want to succeed this year in getting to goal and staying there.

my goal weight used to be 150. now its 165. we'll see how i feel when i get there. i am older now and maybe i dont want to be as small. but i want to be fit and feel good in my clothes and once this bit of blub on my stomach leaves i'll stop focusing on losing and try to tone like crazy. and i think this goal is more do-able.

i want to set a goal to run 1000 miles this year. which is about 3 per day. i feel like if i aim higher i will prob push myself more. so thats my goal and we'll see how far i get.

anywho i hope u ladies are all on plan and i will try to check in more often.

ttyl, b

AlexxusMich2
01-10-2010, 09:54 AM
hey everyone... i went home... like i said i was going to do... and i gained freakin lbs.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so for now im back in tampa... it turns out my family just stopped all healthy eating and working out when i came home.. we ate out almost every night went to movies and just pigged out 24/7... i did have fun but dayum!!!! sooo im here back in fl now losing this weight slowly... but surely... when i left home i was up to 200 but now im 190 now... the last 5 will come off soon.... and then once i get back to my original starting weight then ill started adding on the weights and actually working out... for now im trying to get my eating under control... WOOOW... hope all is well with you guys...

Brit
01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
hey everyone... i went home... like i said i was going to do... and i gained freakin lbs.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so for now im back in tampa... it turns out my family just stopped all healthy eating and working out when i came home.. we ate out almost every night went to movies and just pigged out 24/7... i did have fun but dayum!!!! sooo im here back in fl now losing this weight slowly... but surely... when i left home i was up to 200 but now im 190 now... the last 5 will come off soon.... and then once i get back to my original starting weight then ill started adding on the weights and actually working out... for now im trying to get my eating under control... WOOOW... hope all is well with you guys...

you're in tampa too? cool.

Dips'n'twists
01-11-2010, 11:00 AM
alright, first thing this morning my Bf went out in 16 degree weather to work out at his gym. He is so sickening lol. soooo I decided to get my dumbells and my elastic bands and work out in my living room. I'LL Show HIM!!:snooty:

Bjeweled: Take full advantage of your trainer. i wish I could afford one. Can't wait to see some results! 1000 miles is quite bold. My coworker and I are waiting for the weather to brea so we can get our run on but I have no idea how far I want to try to go.

Cake- You are so good girl because I don't do sub-zero miles :lol: You go girl, what 5 pounds? you probably dropped them already.

Alexxus- Isn't family the WORST when you are trying to lose weight?? You build yourself up like, 'okay I am going to stay focused and on plan' and then they go. "we're going to golden coralle, wanna come?" Next thing ya know...:burger::jeno::hun::corn::cbg::mcd:

So anyways, you are back home now so time to undo what was done.

Losingmyweigh: I'm not into spending money on apps but if I get a gift card for the app store I'll invest in some more fitness apps

back to the dumbells ladies! Shout out to Brit , loryivey and Beaka and all my WOC.

Matilda08
01-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Cake- welcome back and Im glad you are back. We missed you. Dont be too hard on yourself at least you are back at it.

Bri- keep moving! Im glad you havent given up. I hope things work out with the trainer.

Allexus- I know how hard it is to stay on track when you have temptations but you can do it. Keep your head up.

Losing my weight-what ever it takes to keep you on track!!!!

Dips- go head and show him. lol heep up the good work

I went to the gym today and walked three miles all while reading my book that I cant seem to put down. I love reading and before I knew it my time was up. I had a great week Im looking forward to weighing in on friday. I hope I shed some lbs. Have a great day!

Matilda08
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Hello Girls, whats going on. I weighed in today and I weighed in at 245 which is nothing new to me. Ive been going up and down for the past two weeks between 248-245 Im so ready to get down to 239 I dont know but Ive been OP for the past two weeks. Im trying to shake the lbs lol Ive been eating in between 1200-1500 cals per day. I havent been drinking enough water and i know this could be my problem but Ive been trying to get it in. Its so hard for me to drink water during the winter months so Ive at least been drinking green tea. At the end of this month I would like to be out of the 240's Im sick of this. Ive been walking 3 miles five days a week and I started last week. Im going to stick to this plan for a month with the cals then I will see what happens.

How are you gals everyone is soooo quiet!

beaka
01-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Heeeeey everybody!!! I'm BACK!!! And I'm in ONEderland!!!! I weighed in at 199.2 this morning. Tomorrow is the official WI day that I count, so hopefully it'll be the same. I joined the gym yesterday and went to kickboxing. I went back today and was on the elliptical for 45 minutes. AND I've been eating well, so I'm feeling good.

Welcome back everyone!!! Happy 2010 to those of you I haven't "seen!"

Matilda- You're doing good with those miles. I actually took a book with me to the gym today since I couldn't find my headphones. It did make the time fly by. I think I'm gonna do it more often.

CAKE!: Glad to see you back. WHen you're not around I picture you kickin it and sippin Remy. :p If you want, inbox me your number and we can text each other.

Dips: Hope everything's good with you!

Brit
01-12-2010, 11:39 PM
finally started college..today i started back on my exercise after missing 3 days in a row..the scale IS NOT moving anywhere..its been hovering over 218-220 for the longest..im hoping this is water or muscle retention..beaka..i want to be under 200 so bad..congrats!!

CakeBatter
01-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Okay so I am feeling REAL DEDICATED right now. Yes I ran a 35 minute tempo run in 26 degrees ....Thank Goodness for UA!!! Oww. back at it again tonight and then Thursday is off. I have a 14K in Feb and 10K in March so I am training for a good time.:carrot: I am in the BL contest at work and today is our official WI. SO hopefully this will helo with my last 115 pounds ya dig??

Dips - Yea exactly show his azz! I feel like that too when I don't wanna workout and he goes and does it anyway...I'm like "as soon as he leaves, I amp putting on my sneakers" hmph

Brit - the key is to keep PUSHING even when the scale isn't moving Eventually IT HAS to fall off as long as you doing what you should. It has no choice, so just keep doing your thang

Matilda - I love to read too! I wish I could read and run. That would be great. WTG on 3 miles

Beaka - I know! REMY! I love it. I may be in the area soon, I am going to be taking a sisterlocks calss in the area. Oh yea did I mention i am locking my hair. You are doing great BTW. I love love kickboxing. Are you feeling sore? It is such a good workout

Brie - Glad to see ya chick. I wish I had a trainer. Not in my budget rt now. 1000 miles! Lets Get GET GET IT

Alexxus - 5 pounds is nothing you got this!

Matilda08
01-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Beaka- Congrats on making it to onederland. That would be a huge mile stone for me as well. Im just stuck lol my scale isnt moving Im going to have to do a detox or something. Drink massive green tea and water and eat all fruits and veggis for one day.

Brit- I feel your pain but keep moving you are doing a great job.

Cake -I read all the time and it helps me stay in the gym when I get tired of doing the group exersize classes. Good luck on the marathons. Im going to join a few this year myself but they are walking races each 5k and its a great start for me.

Dips'n'twists
01-13-2010, 06:42 PM
:carrot: GO BEAKA:carrot: It's ya birthday!!:carrot:

YAAAAY:cheer: I am so proud of you getting out of the 200's welcome to Onederland! I feel like a victory for one of us is a victory for all of us. With your eating, work-outs and dedication, it's gonna be one hot summer, OW!

Matilda- Ok so i know that when you work your tail off all week and step on that scale waiting for that glorious reward that is weightloss, you can't help but want to throw the thing out the window when it doesn't say what you want it to:tantrum::tantrum: But this is when you have to push forward because eventually, the numbers will change. i like your idea of giving it a little while longer before you consider something new. But you are doing great, please don't fall out of your groove because of one wack azz weigh in.

Brit- In due time baby sis. You are well on your way to onederland. Let me just tell you that it's not all its cracked up to be unless you're in the the downtown section of onederland ;)

Cake: Well you go ahead with your dedicated, motivated self. I am going to start running when the weather cracks, you can keep all that frigid jogging.
I'm proud of you. Summer is going to be something else

Okay ladies off to strength train. Lets do this!

bjeweled
01-14-2010, 12:30 AM
hey yall

im still trucking over here. i leave work late everynight and im tired but i have to right now its GRIND TIME! ugh i cant wait till I can take a break.

CAKE - i totally started drinking cognac on NYE and now i will never drink any other liquor except wine and beer lol. i had hennessy VSOP i will try remy after 5/31

beaka - good job heffah now keep going lol

matilda - water is crucial. just get a bottle and fill it up as many times as you can during the day. u need more water when u r losing weight than when you arent. drink up you will appreciate the scale results

btw, im giving myself till May 31st to be at goal. thats an average of 2.2 pounds a week and i am determined to be there!

welp im exhausted gotta sleep now.

ttys

beaka
01-14-2010, 12:57 AM
Cake- you are truly dedicated... running in the freezing weather And I'm not too sore from the kickboxing. Girl, at the end she had us drop down and do planks in between some of the boxing sets. I thought I was gonna die! :)

Brit: You've been making great progress, and you'll be here in no time!

Matilda: Just keep at being on plan, and I know you'll see it move!

Dips: Thanks! :D

Bjeweled: Still can't stand u :p

So... ONEderland seems quite surreal. Me actually having lost 50 lbs seems like such a big number. I think when you've been bigger all your life, you "say" you'd like to lose weight, but I kinda think in my mind I felt like I'd be bigger for life. And now it's like, "hey, you don't have to be! You ARE doing this." Anyone else who's lost a lot feel this way? This is the first time I had a new years resolution and actually stuck with it. When I started this thing, my end goal was 180. I'm only 20 lbs away! And I know I can do it, because I've did it before- a couple of times! I think I'm gonna move my goal to 170, but we'll see how I feel as I go on. So.. um.. yay! Go me! Go us! :)

CakeBatter
01-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Beaka - I am so sorry but I think I misread and didn't realize you are in ONEDERLAND> YAY :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:: cheer: I am so freaking proud of you. I remember when you first got here...you have been steady and look at the results. ONEderful:carrot:

Brie _ UHM I know. YAK always on muh bak!!! Lmbo. I am a die-hard for the yak (occassional patron, if I'm feeling friskylol) Keep Grindn Jack. Me too.

Hey ladies MUAH

I weigh today at WW> i hope its good. I may have fluid retention though cause I am pretty sore.....love you girls

Matilda08
01-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks girls for all the kind words, a sista sure needs it. Im not giving up.

Bejewel-I am also planning on being below 210 come may which is also about 2lbs per week. I joined the may day challenge in the challenge section and Im really trying to get there. This has been long overdue for me. Its time Iget with the program and STICK to it.

Beaka- again congrats, you are just giving us all some motivation we need. Keep up the good work.

Cake-good luck with WI!

Dips- work it girl. Im sure you will reach your goal if you keep it up.

Brit -hang in there!

beaka
01-14-2010, 07:14 PM
"Yak on muh bak" has me rolling over here!!! :rofl:

Cake and Matilda: Thanks so much! :hug:

So... I started the week off strong but haven't worked out the past couple of days. Today I came straight home to do all this laundry and clean up. One of my besties will be in town. Hopefully I can stay on track. I know we'll be eating out and going out a lot. But I'm broke, so hopefully that will limit my bad activity. :)

Dips'n'twists
01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Hello all my alcoholic ladies!:cheers:

Okay first my big announcement AHEM:

I weighed in today at....:goodscale: 170 !!!:carrot::broc: go me!

i am in the process of moving so i don't know how frequently i'll be able to visit. i'll keep you posted

Brit
01-14-2010, 10:10 PM
congrats dips! heck you are at my goal weight!

CakeBatter
01-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Congratulations! DIPS. WTG! Now if only I can get back to 170. I skipped WI ya'll I didn't want to pay 39.95 cause I don't get paid until next week so I was like bump it I can weigh in at the gym this week. Which is where I will be heading today!

Beaka - Have FUN!!!

Matilda08
01-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Today is an official WI day for me and I am proud to say that Im at 241 down four lbs!!!!!!!!!!! Im sooooo happy.

Brit
01-15-2010, 11:12 AM
ok scale showed 215 today..i feel a little better..that means my weight is going dow finally..even tho its been slowly..im ready to get out the 2'teens..and start hitting the 2' 0's...but now that i look back..i used to be 286 pounds..i have came such a long way on my own.

Matilda08
01-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Brit that is still good, it slows down a bit when you start getting close to goal. As long as you see numbers go down its a good thing.

CakeBatter
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Brit- WOW! You have come a long way! That is awesome. You are moving on down

Matilda - Congratulations!!!

Man I weighed and I am the same as last week. It is AMAZING how ez it is to gain 5 lbs and hard it is to lose it! sheesh. I went for a nice run by the water today. It was a little tough but I just pushed it. Anyway have a great weekend ladies!!!

bjeweled
01-17-2010, 12:07 AM
i'm down again as of this morning!

umm my whole body hurts. my trainer is awesome and i promise you i will be on the beach in miami in july in a bikini. the donk will be on display and i will have some yak in my travel sippy cup. ;)

:rofl: at yak on muh bak btw!

gotta try to sleep long day ahead

Brit
01-17-2010, 11:05 AM
ah i spoke too soon guys..my weight is back up in the 217-218's.ugh this is so frustrating..im exercising my heart out. and have been eating healthy most the time..what is wrong with me.

im giving this until the end of the month..if nothing changes still..i will have to reevaluate something.

CakeBatter
01-17-2010, 06:54 PM
brie- I'm with you. I WILL be in Puerto Rico in a bikini and be confident! I love muh yak girlie. And he will be there w/ me. LOL maybe I can meet u in Miami. Btw I still totally think we should have a WOC meet up this summed

Brit- I'm sorry. That sucks but patience grasshopper we have all been there

I can't wait for the summer. I'll be single and hot!

beaka
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Dips- congrats on being 170!

Brit- Calm down! I don't think it's time to re-evaluate quite yet. You've been doing great! Some weeks the progress is just a little slower than others. :hug:

Cake- I'd definitely be down for meeting folks! You still thinking about taking the braiding class up here? :)

Brie- Please don't pass out from dehydration walking around in the sun with yak in a sippy cup.. :cool:

So... I've been haing a good weekend with the girls. I've been using that and me starting TOM as an excuse to not be on plan, so I gotta hit it hard next week. I wanna be hot by summer too!!! :D

beaka
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Dips- congrats on being 170!

Brit- Calm down! I don't think it's time to re-evaluate quite yet. You've been doing great! Some weeks the progress is just a little slower than others. :hug:

Cake- I'd definitely be down for meeting folks! You still thinking about taking the braiding class up here? :)

Brie- Please don't pass out from dehydration walking around in the sun with yak in a sippy cup.. :cool:

So... I've been haing a good weekend with the girls. I've been using that and me starting TOM as an excuse to not be on plan, so I gotta hit it hard next week. I wanna be hot by summer too!!! :D

Dips'n'twists
01-18-2010, 11:41 AM
:nono:Hello my gurlz

Just popping in to say hey!

Brit: Now now, don't go tossing the playbook over one little weigh in. :nono:
Remember that this game plan has brought you almost 70 pounds closer to your goal. Every week is not going to be a celebration but I say is you're not gaining, be happy because it means you are still moving in the right direction. There are several weeks left til bikini season, you will make it, babe!

Cake: A WOC get together would be amazing! I look forward to that. I am also looking forward to all of us strutting in our bikinis this summer! BTW you are soooo right about gaining being easier than losing but with all the running you're doing, you'll see the changes soon enough.

Beaka- Thanks for the props and remember that rest is just as important as work in this process so it's okay to scale back during TOm and hitting it hard again next week. But none of these :chockiss::corn::hb::cookie::cookie: OKAY! :lol:

Bjeweld: when I wake up sore, I tell myself it's the result of fat being ripped from my body, so pain is good :D:D

Matilda: I'm so happy you got a loss this week! We are really doing this!

Matilda08
01-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon ladies! I had a ok weekend. Weekends are a little harder for me to workout since Im so busy catching up with things around the house and dealing with family. I havent gained any weight though so Ill be at the gym this evening with my book on the treadmill.

Brit- I agree with the others just keep doing what you are doing. Its much harder to lose as you get closer to your goal weight. You may be hitting a plateau.

Cake- good job on the run

Bejeweled-congrats on the loss as well.

I like you others am really trying to be at 200 lbs come july and to be honest its very possible and I wont be over doing it if I lost on average 2lbs per week. I just mainly want to break my 220 lbs mark that way Im below what I had been at. I know it takes patience which is why I continue to log in here this keeps me motivated.

CakeBatter
01-18-2010, 04:02 PM
hey ladies. I am off today. That means I have been being lazy. oh well. Back to it tomorrow.

Beaka _ i actually have a sippy cup just for yak on vacation. i know terrible. and yes I am. I will hit you up with the details.

Matilda08
01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh and I would love to meet up! That would be so cool!

Shay
01-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Hello ladies! I am not new to this forum but haven't visited since this time last year. I am so happy to see this thread. So let me get to reading.

Shay
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Okay I've read the entire thread. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time in this thread :D. I've been on & off this journey for awhile. Back on it again hopefully for good this time. I really don't follow a specific plan. Trying to eat natural and organic foods and just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full (also known as intuitive eating). I only weigh once a month because I can get quite obsessive about the scale. I started out the year at 242.2. I will weigh again on Feb 1st. I hate exercising although I own quite a bit of equipment, accessories, vhs tapes, and dvds. I'm exercising 2x on Tuesdays--Yoga and a Strength/Core class--and 1x/Wednesdays--Cardio Kickboxing. This Wednesday will be the first Cardio Kickboxing class. That's all I can commit to right now. I may eventually add a day on my treadmill and slowly move through the C25K for the 50-11th time. I always quit around week 6. I just think I need to move through it more slowly.

OT (about hair)
Cake & Kamie--I'm transitioning now. I'm a little over 6 months post.
Cake--I'm a follower of your hair blog.
Brit--Are you natural too?

Brit
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
thanks ladies for the support!

yes shay im natural..its been 2 years. you can kinda see my puff in the pic.

are you apart if any hair boards? im on bhm and lhcf.

beaka
01-19-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm natural too! :D So the plan is to get up tomorrow and eat right and head to the gym after work.

Brit- what's the bhm forum? I know about lhcm but I don,t post there, and I've been a member of nappturality

Shay- Welcome back!!! I think about re-starting C25K again all the time! I have yet to make it past week 1! :o

Dips- Yeah... I already had all of those... :p

Cake- a sippy cup specifically for yak?!?! And do hit me up! You know I wanna meet cha! :)

CakeBatter
01-19-2010, 07:00 AM
BRIT _ O EM GEE i am on lhcf too!!!!!!!

Shay- WELCOME BACK I remember you here on this board. I can believe people actually read it....I hope you won't be too upset tho cause I think I will be locking soon. BTW would you happen to be shay72?

Beaka - I like the plan. and I am following suit.

QUESTION: Do ya'll find that is generally the only thread you post to on this board. I do. It seeems like we cover everything here for the most part.

Brit
01-19-2010, 10:58 AM
beaka-bhm is a site like lhcf..blackhairmedia.com..im also a member of napp.

cake-thats cool! do you post? idk if ive seen you around before.im usually in the health/exercise section(go figure) and i post in the hair care sec too at times.

Matilda08
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey ladies, I pretty much post all over but mainly in the challenge and 20 something board. I lost another lb putting me at 240. Wooo hoooo. this counting calories is really working. Ive been doing it exclusively for about three weeks now.

I just need to stick this whole thing out! How are you guys ? Whats up?

Shay
01-19-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks ladies for the support!

yes shay im natural..its been 2 years. you can kinda see my puff in the pic.

are you apart if any hair boards? im on bhm and lhcf.
I'm on naturally curly, napp, and lhcf.

I'm natural too! :D
Shay- Welcome back!!! I think about re-starting C25K again all the time! I have yet to make it past week 1! :o
I thought you were natural based on your pic. C25K--I think I should do one day a week rather than all 3 days in one week.

BRIT _ O EM GEE i am on lhcf too!!!!!!!

Shay- WELCOME BACK I remember you here on this board. I can believe people actually read it....I hope you won't be too upset tho cause I think I will be locking soon. BTW would you happen to be shay72?

QUESTION: Do ya'll find that is generally the only thread you post to on this board. I do. It seeems like we cover everything here for the most part.
You have to do you. If you lock it that's okay. Yes, I am Shay72.

I post in the Intuitive Eating thread and I'm a binger so I like to participate in the binge free challenge threads. I used to post alot in the Biggest Loser Forum when I was here in the past.

I have done my yoga for today and I am leaving right now for my strength/core class. I am so proud of myself going to these classes offered by my job on my day off. Hey they're free and I live down the street. Besides I complain about exercise but I do feel much better afterwards.

Brit
01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
ok today i got on the scale and it is going down once again!
after a month of consistently seeing 215,216,217,219 or 220.
after waking up and using the bathroom today,stepped on it the first time, it read 210!
i couldn't believe it so i got on it again..and it kept reading 212.4..eh ill take that too
ii took a shower and put on some of my clothes and it weighed again.. 213.4
so either way..i am loosing..cant wait for it to keep reading under 210..maybe i will make my personal goal of 199 before end of feb after all

Matilda08
01-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Good work brit. What kind of plan are you on do you count calories? If so how many cals do you eat per day? Do you walk or attend a gym?

Hello everyone I hope everyone is having a fab week! So far Im good OP and everything.

SBD Sass
01-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi everyone. I probably need to reintroduce myself since I've been MIA for a long time. Hello!

Matilda08
01-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Hello sass ! I remember you and your profile pic looks great!

CakeBatter
01-21-2010, 05:48 AM
sass- I remember you too

Brit _ I am sooo happy you are seeing results. This is the motiviation you needed!!!! Wonderful JOB

Shay - I just the locks are soooo neat and I wanna grow them waist length. I want sisterlocks...the mini ones that i can style easily.

Matilda - You are AWESOME! Congrats

Ladies I am sucking right now. I believe it is because I am stressing my broken engagement and what not. I am moving out of the townhouse by the end of next week. I thought I was fine with everything (considering I was the one who broke it) But maybe I am not as "fine" as I hoped. I am not focused on anything right now despite my efforts. I am not gaining any weight but I am surely NOT losing. IDK what to do about it really. The only thing I want to do is sleep the next week and a half away. Also I have been kind of broke with paying deposits and movers and such so I haven't the best choices of food in the house. So I have worked 25 hrs OT and I plan going grocery immediately for fruits and veggies. I need to like "detox" so I shake these sugar cravings.....Oh the way to go is forward.

Shay
01-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Well my cardio kickboxing class got postponed for a week so no exercise yesterday. That's okay me and the girls at work are gonna do Taebo today. I plan to leave the tapes there (yep, I said tapes) and we may continue to do this on Thursdays.

Cake--I know a lady that just got rid of her locks after 20 years. She's rocking a fro right now. They were beautiful. There's another lady at my job that has WL locks right now. Regarding your breakup you can take it one day at a time. I ended a long term relationship myself and although I ended it I still grieved. We're still in contact though. Matter of fact I talked to him 2 days ago. Maintaining is better than gaining. I'm thinking of doing a fruit/veggie cleanse myself but I want to research a bit more.

Brit
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
ok scale is back up to 216..im not discouraged due to me seeing a new number on the scale yesterday so i kno this 216 is either water retention from the food i had yesterday(i slipped on some boiled peanuts i know were filled with salt) or muscle retention from the intense cardio(thanks jullian!) i did yesterday.plus inches are coming off too so ima keep moving along.

Matilda08
01-21-2010, 01:03 PM
CAKE-omg im sorry to hear what you are going through i had no idea that your engagement was off. Just keep moving along you have done a wonderful job.

Shay- good job on the work out keep it up?

Brit- thats the way to think about it. As long as you stick to it the scale will eventually move and there may also be a whoosh around the corner hang in there.

beaka
01-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Sass: You look soooo good! I'm friends with you on Sparkpeople!

Cake: :hug: Sorry you have to go through a broken engagement, but glad you're able to make a clean start and move on to find the right person for you. Just take care of yourself right now.

Brit: I'm sure it's just water weight. No worries!

Matilda: Yeah this is where I post the most now. I do some lurking in the weight loss support forum and the 100 lb club.

Shay: Yep. I'm natural. Those are kinky twists in the pic, but I have a crazy fro. :D

Oh, and I joined lhcf!

Today was my 2nd day in a row back to the gym. I'm trying to get like Cake and do more running. I was alternating running 3 min and walking 90 sec on the treadmill. I'm at 202, but I'm at the end of TOM, so hopefully it'll go down. AND, I ended up measuring my waist today. It's 39.5 inches!!!! Finally under 40! When I started, my waist was 50 inches. I held the tape around me at 50 inches, and it was very surreal. Tomorrow I get my one free personal training session for joining the gym. He's supposed to let me know where I stand.

SBD Sass
01-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Beaka: Thanks! Are you on any of my teams yet? Iron Maidens, 30 Day Shred, Clean Eats Recipes (my friend leads that one)?? If not, what are you waiting for?

Cake: I remember when you got engaged. I'm so sorry hear it's off. A week or two off the boat is fine just as long as you get back on.

beaka
01-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Sass- Let me be honest. I have yet to stick with the 30 Day Shred, Eat totally clean, and Iron Maiden's just sounds like WAY too much for me. :o I don't really do so great with the teams, but there are people on Sparkpeople that I check in with on the regular. I really do admire your discipline and I'll go over and check them out though.

HAPPY FRIDAY, LADIES!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

SBD Sass
01-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Sass- Let me be honest. I have yet to stick with the 30 Day Shred, Eat totally clean, and Iron Maiden's just sounds like WAY too much for me. :o I don't really do so great with the teams, but there are people on Sparkpeople that I check in with on the regular. I really do admire your discipline and I'll go over and check them out though.

HAPPY FRIDAY, LADIES!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Beaka: I do 30DS sometimes (rarely), I don't eat totally clean (although I wish), but I do lift weights though (how else am I going to burn fat?). I understand teams aren't for everyone, but I had to tr anyway. ;)

Matilda08
01-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Happy friday everyone! Nothing new for me but I am op.

Brit
01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
i did some sprint in place HIIT training for exercise yesterday..boy was that a workout..scale is showing 214.8 today

jigglefree
01-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Well hey everyone. I've been on here about 2 and half weeks and I'm just finding this thread. I'm a calorie counting addict. I've been doing well and two days ago I started the 30 day shred. Today I am so sore. My legs feel like lead. I'm not keeping up with my weight loss but my size because scales in the house make me crazy. Don't think I would do well weighing myself everyday. I live in Atlanta, married two years and we have a daughter that 20 months old. Yea I'm a one stop shopper in the family department.

What's up, glad to find ya'll

CakeBatter
01-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks everyone for your concerns and empathy really.
On a good note I GOT MY KEYS yesterday. :carrot: I am so excited. I was taking some things out of the old place and putting htem in my car this morning. I am going to drop them off at the new palce after work. But as I was looking at all my cute dresses that I never get to wear I got this happy thought. I get to actually wear them out places soon and hang out with friends and my sisters and do stuff on my own time. IDK i guess I just saw a great new life. I went to the gym yesterday and got a single membership. So I am ready to just get inmy place and move forward.

Did anybody watch Hope fo Haiti? It was GREAT show. I am gonna get the soundtrack from iTunes

Beaka you are doing so awesome. UNDER 40!!! I am so proud of you. 11 inches is amazing

Jigglefree - WELCOME!!!!!

Sass - That is what I keep saying you just have to get back on the boat which I am doing this weekend.

Brit - No worries. A day or so and you will be back to normal. You have been VERY determined. I applaud you

Shay - Thanks for the advice. Sorry about your cardio class. and shhhh don't tell nobody, but i have some taebo tapes too...hehe:o And regarding the dreds....I have my consult on Jan 29. I am so super dooper uber excited IDK what to do. Can youtell i am excited. :o I won't actually have them installed until Mid Feb but still just to get the process started ya know.

mytime2Bsuccessful
01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey all. Let me introduce myself.

I'm a single mother of two, 4 and 8. I'm also a fulltime Nursing Student. I need to lose at least 50 lbs by Aug. 21st. This is the day of my brother's wedding and I refuse to go down the aisle looking like a whale.

Currently I am doing a low calorie diet and trying to exercise at least 4 days a week. So far so good I am down about 10 lbs since the 1st of the year.

As far as everyone who is natural. I am currently thinking of going natural. I have been researching it and I think I am ready to do it.

Any tips or advice concerning weight loss or going natural would be very helpful.

Thanks. Nice to meet everyone.

bjeweled
01-24-2010, 04:10 PM
:wave: welcome to all the new ladies and all of us returning!

training is going good and i spent 90 dollars at the grocery store yesterday so i better be POP from now till this dang food runs out!

my trainer is going out of town for 9 days beginning feb 8th. so she is allowing us unlimited sessions until then. i am taking advantage and going everyday except for 2. i started friday and today is day 3 and i feel awesome! lets hope i continue to feel that way.

i cant wait to see what my body looks like after these intense two weeks! i feel like this time im going to get to my goal and nothing is going to stop me!

beaka
01-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Sass: I'll definitely stay in contact with you! I might think about joining that lifting group. I'm trying to do a lot more as I lose this last 30 lbs. I'm getting The New Rules of Lifting for Women and The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises to start with. I think they'll help a lot.

Brit: Yay!!! You're always so on it!

jigglefree: :welcome2: I actually moved from atlanta not too long ago. I was there for a year. Good luck with the 30 day shred. It's a tough workout, but if you stick with it you will definitely see results!

Cake: Thanks, honey! You will definitely have to bring those dresses if we end up having a 3FC WOC meetup!

mytime2bsuccessful: :welcome3: I'm ALL about some natural hair! Just let us know if you have questions!

Brie: Good luck with the trainer!

As for me, I haven't eaten great this weekend, but I have been working out. I'm about to chill before I have to go to work tomorrow. Goodnight, ladies!

Dips'n'twists
01-25-2010, 09:54 AM
What a stresful week! Moving absolutely sucks:mad: I hate packing, moving furniture, disassembling, then reassembling. UUUGGHHHH:tantrum:

Okay, now that that's out of my system:

Sass, Shay, jigglefree and mytimem, Very nice to meet you all.

My Dear sweet Cake: I hope this transition makes you stronger once you clear the initial grieving phase. I would be all up in a box of cookies right now but as previously mentioned, no gain is good news even if you are not losing. You still got it going on babe ;);) BTW Hope for Haiti was amazing! Clef did his thing.

Brit: I tell you, girl, you make me root for you more than most others because you are always positive and optimistic and you drive forward no matter what. The scale can be an insanity inducing mechanism but you are coming along beautifully. You can TOTALLY make your end of feb goal! :carrot: GO Brit GO :carrot:

Matilda: you know i'm a big fan of yours as well. You have been consistent and it is paying off for you.

bjeweled: Good for you girl, use up those training sessions!:strong:

Beaka: So you had some tasty treats, no worries. you're still working it out. Better to slip on one principle instead of both. Its all good!:D

Ok, so i see this natural movement is in full effect. I feel kinda left out :( See, at the moment i'm kinda natural by default because I have been wearing braids since october. Not because I decided to reject the creamy crack, but because I decided in a recession, I can do better than spending 50-60 dollars to relax my hair at the salon when I can braid it myself for free. I'm pretty sure I'll realx it again at some point because I don't think the mass of hair on my head is easy to maintain in its natural state. I wish it was because i find the natural look to be quite stunning.

Okay as for me, ladies. I am 169 pounds as of this morning. I'm happy to be out of the 170's but 1 pound in a week is a bit irritating for me because I was aiming for at least 2. But it's cool, I am going to channel my inner Brit and say any loss is great and i will keep going.

Happy Monday

mytime2Bsuccessful
01-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I've had the worst weekend with eating. Due to the fact I went to a baby shower on Sat. and a birthday party on Sun. I am back on track today.

I did manage to get my exercise in this weekend though. I'm scared to weigh to see what the damage is. I think I'll just skip this weeks weigh in and just wait until Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Matilda08
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
:welcome: To all the new chicks!
I am looking forward to getting to know you all. Hang in there and you will see results.

Dips- wtg one lb is closer to goal so be proud of it!!!

Beaka- Ive been OP for a few days myself but Ill be back tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping asap.

Cake-work it out girl I have faith in you

Bri-keep up the good work

Have a great week ladies!

Matilda08
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Hey all. Let me introduce myself.

I'm a single mother of two, 4 and 8. I'm also a fulltime Nursing Student. I need to lose at least 50 lbs by Aug. 21st. This is the day of my brother's wedding and I refuse to go down the aisle looking like a whale.

Currently I am doing a low calorie diet and trying to exercise at least 4 days a week. So far so good I am down about 10 lbs since the 1st of the year.

As far as everyone who is natural. I am currently thinking of going natural. I have been researching it and I think I am ready to do it.

Any tips or advice concerning weight loss or going natural would be very helpful.

Thanks. Nice to meet everyone.

Welcome I also have two children and I attend school its nice to have someone to relate to lol:D

jigglefree
01-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey ladies, thanks for the warm welcome.

Okay so I been counting my calories, doing the 30DS and no cheating. I don't weigh myself because it would make me psychotic. My clothes are loose and all but why does the belly come off so slow. I've lost 2 inches in my waist and 2 in my hips and only 3/4 in the belly. This has been since last Thursday. I wasn't supposed to measure until this coming Thursday but once again when I can do any type of measuring I have to bicker with myself to hold on til I'm supposed to but I yield. I plan to go try on some size 20s on the 13th. I figure if I go down a size every 45 days I'll be at goal by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. Considering the smaller I get the slower it comes off.

mytime2Bsuccessful
01-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Welcome I also have two children and I attend school its nice to have someone to relate to lol:D

Yea, It's good to have someone who is in the same boat. Someone who knows how hard it is to lose weigh with school and kids.

Matilda08
01-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Jingle free congrats keep up the good work!

I have to go to grocery shopping and get back op! I have so much going on. As long as I get to the store I have no problem staying on plan. I hope everyone is having a good week.

Palaice157
01-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi Ladies

Newbie here, looking for some insight and encouragement. I'm 28 yrs old. Married mom to three, ages 6, 4 1/2 and 8 months old. I've struggled with my weight for the last 7 years, when I got married and moved to Pennsylvania. When I lived in NY is was easy because I walked every where and was always on the go.

Where I live now, you have to drive everywhere and with three kids, I've lost and regained weight with each pregnancy. So I'm here, the site is a little overwhelming at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out what diet/exercise plan would be best for me. I've never been one for fried foods but my niche is rice and pasta. If you ladies can offer some advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Matilda08
01-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Welcome Palaice!!! Im a calorie counter and i think that once you get use to it, its the easest plan to stick to. And you dont really have to worry about cutting out certain foods. It was hard for me at first but I love it now and I pretty much eat foods that are high in protein Ive found ways to get great foods in with less cals.

jigglefree
01-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Welcome Palaice!! I'm a calorie counter too. I thought it would be hard to keep up with the calories but it's pretty easy. I love it too because for me it's less restricting. You can have what you want when you want as long as you are in your calorie range. I don't do alot of high calorie snacks because I want to be healthy. Actually my snacks are 100 calorie popcorn, plain cheerios (dry), yogurt and animal crackers (it's was as close to cookie as I could get.)

Matilda thanks, My husband won't let me cheat.:nono: He's my nutrition police and I call him a calorie profiler. Just because I'm in the kitchen doesn't mean I'm eating, I'm trying to get dinner ready!!!

Dips'n'twists
01-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Hi Palaice! :welcome: Wow, 3 babies, huh. I'm constantly hearing my bio clock tick in my head and i wonder when I'll be ready for mommyhood. At 6' you tower over me (i'm 4'11") I am also a calorie counter. The best thing about it is that is forces you to look at foods for what they really are, nutritional value or junk! and you learn how to better enjoy things in moderation. add in a little :strong::ebike::exercise: and you'll watch the pound melt away albeit sloooowwwwly :lol:

I kinda slipped up today ladies. Went on a bit of a graham cracker craze but otherwise my eating has been pretty good. 7 pounds since new years is not too shabby. I am still moving my stuff and i plan to really kick it up a notch once i get settled in next month. Summer will be here before we know it

mytime2Bsuccessful
01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Congrats. Everyone on their weight loss. Hope everyone is having a good week.

My week is going well, exercise is going really good. Eating is on track. I hope it all pays off on the scale.

Brit
01-28-2010, 10:11 AM
its the time of month this week but the scale is going down? showed 213.8 today..i hope once it goes off..there's a big swoosh into the single digits of the 200's.

i've gotten so many comments this week about my weight loss and how im "lookin good" woot woot lol
so at least its starting to get noticeable! it also keeps me motivated to keep working out and eating right

Keiko731
01-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone, Im new here, and was just checking out a couple of forums for support. I have a few goals set, so hopefully I'll reach them! :carrot:

Brit
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
welcome!!

where is everyone?

scale showing 212.2 today...i like

mytime2Bsuccessful
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey Everyone.

It snowed here yesterday which lead to binging. :( I'm back on track today. :carrot:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Shay
01-30-2010, 05:03 PM
:welcome: to all the newbies :carrot:.

Dipsntwists--So you're 4'11" too. Doesn't that make it so much harder? Me & my mom were talking about when I weighed 150 and she thought I looked sick :dizzy:. She hadn't seen me that small in years. 150 will be my first goal and I will go slowly from there. Trying to get below 150 is when I ran into trouble last time.

Cake--Keep us in the loop about the dreds.

I haven't done well with my eating but I've been keeping up with my exercise. I will weigh in on Monday for the month. I'm only predicting like a 2 lb loss :o. Well it's better than gaining :D. So kickboxing started last week but I couldn't go because I had a meeting. I heard it is no joke though. I will be there this upcoming Wednesday.

Regarding going natural--I will be hitting 7 months post on Monday. When it comes to exercising it makes life easier because I'm not worrying about sweating out my edges although I can get them to lay down pretty well.

bjeweled
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
hey girls!

i completed 9 days straight of personal training sessions! i am so proud of myself. i set the goal to do the 9 days and i did it!

part 2 of my self imposed challenge begins monday and ends saturday so that will be 6 more days. then i get measured to see how much my body has changed in my first month session of training. i want to try on one of my dresses that i couldnt fit at new years to see if they fit but im holding off till after my last session.

then i will begin with her for my next month in feb. around mid month when she gets back from out of town.

my eating has been good and i feel really good. im hoping this 2 weeks of intense training will get the fat burning and my body will change faster. i plan to add 3 -5 mornings of spin class in february. just gotta find the cash to pay for the Y.

anywho i hope all you ladies are doing well!

jigglefree
01-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Go Brit Go, congrats on the progress. I had a bad work out day yesterday. I didn't want to do it so I didn't but I got on it this morning. Yesterday was the first day in four weeks that I just felt like I didn't want to do anything.

I did learn something though. I like calorie counting because it's not restrictive but you have to be restrictive. Meaning, there are things that I can eat that would be in my calorie budget but don't benefit me when I work out, for example weight watcher's ice cream treats. They aren't high in calories but they cause me to be winded if I have one the snack before I work out. There other foods that do that to me as well so I have to remove them even though there's nothing really wrong with them. Those foods defeat me in a very important area and I'm not going down that dusty trail because it could be the difference between getting to goal and quitting.

Itz Mo
01-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Good Morning!!

Another newbie here! :) My name is Mo. I'm a 30 yr old mother of one busy 4 year old. I failed miserably with losing weight in 2009 and I'm now looking to get back on track and to keep this weight off for good. My ultimate goal is to lose 50lbs! :)

Brit
01-31-2010, 02:11 PM
wow..time of month went off and i am down to 209.8!! onederland HERE I COME.
im not changing my ticker until my official weigh in at the doc at the end of feb
guess this plateau is over!

CakeBatter
01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
i lost my whole damn post. hey ya'll

beaka
01-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Hey, ya'll!

:welcome: to all of the new people!!!

Kinda fell off on my posting, TMI ALERT- there was a horrible experience with constipation. :o:(. I had stomach cramps and everything. But everything's good here now. I think it was too much protien (started doing more lifting) and cutting too much fat. About to go hard in February though!!! I got some trips planned for summer, and I wanna look and feel good. I had this Amazing Grass I bought this morning. It's a green drink mix. A scoop equals is equivalent to several servings of veggies. I got more probiotics too, so all my supplements are back on point. I been super crunk all day! I think it really makes a huge difference. The taste isn't bad, but I don't like the texture. You can feel some of the graininess. I got the berry flavor and mixed it with apple juice and water. It's cool, but the chocolate flavor has a lot of good reviews. I plan to keep using it- especially in summer when I make more smoothies.

Brit- You have been killing it! Congrats on all of your progress!!!

Itz Mo- We're the same height and weight and Southern, so I'm right here with you!!!

mytime: just get right back on track, and don't worry about it :hug:

Brie: Yay for sticing with it! :carrot:

CakeBatter
01-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Okay so I worked out Thursday and then skipped Friday. I had plans on working out Saturday and Sunday then a foot of snow poured on us! Yeah effin Great but on the bright I stayed within POINTS with the help of my flex points:carrot: I am very proud of this since i trapped in the Dungeon of Diet Death (aka my mama's house). I will be at the gym after work. My workout thursday was great. It is a little lonely in here (don't have a tv) but it does help me to get my arse to the gym

Brit- You are so determined. You remind me of me before I had the stress the size of an elephant. You are awesome you all of your success

beaka-What exactly is Amazing Grass? It sounds like something I want to try but can you explain a little more...its like powdered veggies??

Dips _ congrats on another pound gone....:carrot: Whose Awesome....Youre Awesome

Okay Brie _ witcho Bad A$$! Get get get iiiiit

Hey Shay - I am going to kickboxing at the Lasalle Y on wed!!! As for my hair, I am not feeling all this work I am still having to do, to look decent. Tired of twisting, blowdrying, CAREFULLY detangling and whatnot. Those dreds are sounding better and better! I guess I am still a little on the fence. But my hair is growing so well

WELCOME NEWBIES

So now I am sitting sipping my Remy and chillaxing! POW

Dips'n'twists
01-31-2010, 10:21 PM
hey ladies

Quick shout to all my gurls

Cake- you do wonders for my ego...thank u

Brit: you got it baby! keep it going

shay- yes shorties have it soooo hard. i wasn't happy at 150. I was happiest between 126-130 All my weight goes to my hips and but (which bf loves) But I'll see how i feel as this process goes along

Hello new newbies...I will get to know all of you very well

Beaka- I hear u about the summer plans I sure have some too. We gotta stay focused

Lets do this!!

mytime2Bsuccessful
02-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey ladies,

Just want to say thank u for the encouragement, I am back on track.

I have chosen Feb. as my month to really go hard. I am going hard on dieting, no binging. Exercise, no slacking. I have until March 15th to be measure for my bridemaid's dress so I am going hard for the next 6 weeks. Wedding is in Aug. so by the time it comes. I am going to be so fine.

Congrats to everyone and keep up the good work.

We can do it.

By the way ladies I'm officiallly transitioning to natural hair. I haven't relaxed my hair since Nov. So far so good.

? for my natural sisters. How often do I need to trim my hair while transitioning.

Matilda08
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
:welcome:

To all the new ladies, Im getting excited lol its so good to see some new folks for a while its just been the same ol same ol! I encourage you all to hang in here with us because posting is what keeps me going. I have a way to go but I feel confident when I come to the boards about making it to goal!!!!

Congrats to all of you whom are making some great progress, thanks for inspiring me to get back op after aweek of no gym lol:hug:

beaka
02-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey er'body!!!

I changed my avatar so ya'll can see all of my nappiness. :D

Been eating well today and I have pole class tonight, so all is good here! One of my best guy friends is going hard on his lifting and doing extreme low carb this month. Even though our plans are way off, we're gonna keep each other on track this month. :carrot:

Cake: First off... Remy? Really now... As for amazing grass, yeah it is kinda like ground up veggie powder. You can put it in drinks, smoothies, or food. It has lots of green veggie/antioxidant/probiotic power. I had it for a while. I used it a couple of times, and didn't touch it. Decided to pull it out this week, and I'm gonna try to be consistent with it. I think I just didn't mix it well at first, so I was turned off by it. I tried it with just water and mixed into yogurt. It's better in drinks that get shaken up a lot. Gonna make a smoothie in the morning!
http://www.amazinggrass.com/about-berry-green-superfood.html

My time: I would say the same rate that you trim it now. Ever 6 weeks or so. More if you're ready to get closer to your nappiness. :)

Matilda and Dips : :wave:

mrsemery03
02-01-2010, 07:05 PM
hello all. i was reading the posts and had the hardest time trying to locate u guys again. :?: anywho...i am a newbie and am trying to jumpstart my weight loss with a little support. :carrot: looks like i may have found the right place. i look forward to getting to know u all thru my transfermation.

CDE

CakeBatter
02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Ladies I had a great on track day! I stayed within my POINTS w/out the use of FLEX POINTS and I worked out pretty hard as well. Got my hair all blowdried and ready for my braids tomorrow and ready for bed. I found this new 6PT meal at a local restaraunt. Skinless chicken breast, garden salad wiht Pico deGallo and beans for only 5.79. I can't cook that cheaper and perfect for after the gym.

BEAKA _ Uhm YESSSS, anytime is a good time for Remy. I love your hair it is goy-jus! Pole class is fun. I am ordering a portable pole for my apartment.....can't wait to get it.

Mrsemery - You have to bookmark us

Mytime - With focus and determination you will defintely make your goal. And I LOVE natural hair, it gets on my nerves sometimes but so did straight hair....hehehe

Itz Mo
02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey ladies!

I hope that your week is off to a great start! :) Well, I started Chalean Extreme on yesterday. Pretty good workout! Today, was my cardio day so instead of heading to the gym and stayed in and did an oldie, but goodie...Taebo! lol

Beaka - Did you purchase that Amazing Grass from the site or from your local health food store?

jigglefree
02-02-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure how long it should take to get from a 20 to a 16 but that is my next goal. I figure I will make the goal for May. It only took a three weeks to get from squeezing in a girdle to squeeze in a size 22 to comfortably wearing a size 20. So I'm hoping I get to that size 18 by my husband's birthday in March. Then be in a size 16 by my baby's birthday in May. As long as I stay on task it should make it.

By the time we get to New Orleans for the family reunion in July, I'm gonna be killin' it. :dancer::dancer:

mytime2Bsuccessful
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure how long it should take to get from a 20 to a 16 but that is my next goal. I figure I will make the goal for May. It only took a three weeks to get from squeezing in a girdle to squeeze in a size 22 to comfortably wearing a size 20. So I'm hoping I get to that size 18 by my husband's birthday in March. Then be in a size 16 by my baby's birthday in May. As long as I stay on task it should make it.

By the time we get to New Orleans for the family reunion in July, I'm gonna be killin' it. :dancer::dancer:

Way to go jigglefree. :cheer2::cheer3:

beaka
02-02-2010, 11:23 PM
mrsemery03: So glad you found us again! Jump on in and let us know what your plan is!

Cake: I want a pole. The ones they sell where I go are crazy expensive. I'll have to find one somewhere else.

Itz Mo: got it at a health food store, but I'm ordering from amazon next time. It's a little cheaper.

Jigglefree: You will definitely be killin it at that rate!

As for me, today went ok. I went to an Indian buffet with a co-worker today and was actually able to exercise some self-control. I haven't eaten anything else today either. Plus, to help balance it out I did the 30 Day Shred as soon as I got home from that job and then went to my part-time. I'm really amazed at my level of energy. I'm seriously thinking its the Amazing Grass. Ok... after this I'm not talking about it anymore. I'm starting to sound like I work for the company. But ain't no way I would have been able to work, workout, work again, and still have energy to come in and do stuff around the house without the lifestyle changes I've made. I guess that counts as a NSV. :D

Oh, and I plan to do the Shred in the morning. I'm hoping for a snow day tommorrow!!

mrsemery03
02-03-2010, 08:52 AM
@ beaka Congrats on all that energy. My son has been home sick since Friday adding snow to the mix...I've been home TOO much! I hit the eliptical downstairs but can't wait to get back into the gym. Never thought that I would say those words. LOL Just curious what is this 30 Shred?

Have a great day ladies!!!

jumphigh
02-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi ladies I would like to join, Women of color#2 .I'm a newbe and I am looking for friends on this long journey. I need to lose around about 80 pounds but I'm ready .Thinking about doing low carb diet, but for now I'm just cutting back and starting to exercise.

mrsemery03
02-03-2010, 09:27 AM
At this point I really don't have a plan other than trying to workout at least 5 days a week with an occassional evening workout. I am eating healthier...wheat bread in moderation, lean meats and tons of veggies. That being sad if I crave something sweet I turn to 100 calorie packs of something. More water had been added to my day. I have almost totally cut out juices except for the occasssional OJ. My temptation usually comes from eating out. I had my first small fry in WEEKS! last night. So, I hit the eliptical for 23. I still lost 6 ounces. I weigh myself daily to keep myself focused. I started at 230 a little over a month ago and fell off. This time around I am focused!!!!!! Putting this weight on was easy. I never had to worry about what I ate before. Of course I was much younger. LOL My eating habits didn't change but my metabolism DID!!!! I have never been skinny but average and curvy. I hope to get my sexy back. I've been doing this solo but have been surprisingly comitted. My ultimate goal is to get down to a size 10, but I will take a 12 anyday! Currently I am a size 18.

BTW, I love natural hair and have been natural for 4 yrs. About a month ago I got bored and pressed my hair. It is past my shoulders. So I had the Angela Davis afro going on, but I loved it. I probably will wash my hair and see how it looks then. I've heard that once you press your hair the curls don't come back. We will see this weekend b/c I am sick worrying about these edges while working out. LOL

First goal: 200 lbs by April 1st.

Matilda08
02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
jumphigh- welcome!!!!!

Beaka- duyum you got me wanting some of that stuff as well lol, can it only be purchased online?????

Cake- Im happy that you are back on track girlie...keep up the good work

jigglefree- persistance! Keep it up and you will make goal.

Im so excited with all the new people, that means that more AA women are getting serious about health and thats sooooo good. I have to get the ball rolling again. Ive been in such a lazy mood which is why I want that green stuff beaka is speaking of ..........Im waiting lol

Itz Mo
02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Matilda08 - I want that green stuff too! lol

I work full-time and go to school at night. I'm usually so tired and I've been trying my best to avoid drinking coffee. If I do decide to have a cup I limit myself to 1-2 a week. Anyway, my plan for today is to do Burn Phase II of CLX. I'm proud to say that I have been on point this week with my eating...FINALLY!! :)

jigglefree
02-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Matilda and Beka - Shamefully so it's easy for me to loose the weight. Once I hone in on something I go after it til I get it. The problem is I have lost weight lots of weight each time I try but never had a plan to keep it off. I have a plan now. I also see myself in that size 10 jeans with one of those thin tshirts. I don't wear them now because I don't want everyone knowing how jiggly I am

Okay so I finally got on a scale today...I'm no where near as big as I thought I was and that is GREAT!! The last time I was on a scale a year and a half ago I was 275 and surely I had gained some weight. I was thinking on Jan 3rd that I weighed about 290 and I may be at 280-275 today. I went to workout at lunch and I passed by a scale. I got nervous, I was already sweating then I turned back and stepped on the scale. :goodscale It was like a left handed scale...so it took me a minute to figure out what I was doing. I put it on the 250 mark and that was too heavy...I kept looking at it thinking something is wrong. I put it on 200 and moved the little thingy up to 49 and it was still too much. I got off the scale and stepped on it again and that was still too heavy, so I moved it down and it balanced at 247.5. I ran almost all the way to my office. I'm so excited.

beaka
02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Im so excited with all the new people, that means that more AA women are getting serious about health and thats sooooo good.

I love it!!!

And OMG. Am I starting a frenzy over the green stuff?

msemery: The 30 day Shred is a Jillian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser) DVD. It's a 20 minute circuit workout. Don't let that fool you though. It's tough! It has 3 levels. And I'm glad to know you're a natural gal too!

jumpinghigh: so glad you found us! just keep poking around the threads and you'llfind lots of good info. Stick with it and you'll be dropping pounds in no time!

Matilda: I got it at a health food store, but it'll probably be cheaper online. I would suggest you find a store that has it and get a single packet to decide if you like it before you make that investment.

Shay
02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Matilda08--ITA consistent posting is helpful.

msemery03--When you use heat on a consistent basis is when you have to worry about heat damage. There are some straight naturals that say their curls always come back but I still feel there might be some damage from the constant heat. Just my opinon. All that to say just be careful with heat. I'm so afraid of the heat damaging my natural hair that I haven't straightened at all during this transition. So it's been 7 months and a few days since I've straightened my hair. I'm texlaxed transitioning to natural.

So for the month of January I lost 3.2 lbs. I'm very happy with that based on my not so great eating habits during that month. Right now I'm on Day 2 of my fruit and veggie cleanse and it is going well. I usually weigh once a month but I will weigh at the end of this cleanse. I'm doing it for a week. Exercise is going well. I did my strength/core class yesterday and Taebo today. Kickboxing class was cancelled bc of the snow. Tomorrow I will be doing something just not quite sure what yet.

mytime2Bsuccessful
02-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey all,

Hope everyone is having a great week. My week is going awesome. Eating and exercise are on track. I feel great. :carrot:

Shay, what is texlaxing?

I'm new to this transitioning thing. I know the big chop is not for me so i'm trying to let my hair grow as much as possible before I do cut it off. I'm going to get kinky twists next week though so that should help a lot with my transitioning.

Shay
02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Just finished doing one of the workouts from Cindy Crawford's tape. Yep, when we only have access to a vcr at work we make do.

Mytime2Bsuccessful--Texlaxing means underprocessing on purpose. I actually did it by mistake one time and continued to do it because I liked it. Then I thought if this it what my hair looks like texlaxed I wonder what it looks like completely natural? That's when I decided to go natural. I'm a long term transitioner. I will transition at least 18 months maybe 2 years. I plan to do 2 mini chops.

mytime2Bsuccessful
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
K. Thanks Shay for explaining that.

Matilda08
02-04-2010, 01:52 PM
jigglefree-when I put forth the effort required I lose weight fast two my problem is sticking to the program. In 08 I got down to 220 and I had dropped the first 25lbs in less than two months. I know its possible because everybody is different. keeping the weight off is harder than losing it for sure. Keep going its within reach.

beaka-thanks for the info im going to try it.

Im having a decent day back op with my eating. I hope everyone else is having a fab week!

anajjana
02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!

I've been on this board for a few years now and have been thinking of coming back to daily posting all this week since I've started my weightloss journey yet again.

I was getting a lil discouraged because I wanted to be communicating wit people like me (if you kno wat i mean) and then I found this thread! I was like THANK YOU JESUS!

Lil bit of info about me:

I've struggled wit my weight my entire life sometimes I'm good at controlling it and other times it's sprialing outta control. Jus starting this week I've hooked up wit a personal trainer who is also a good friend and we are both determined to get this booty in shape. I've been putting forth all my effort this week and I plan to continue. We are walking one hour 3x a week on Tues. Thurs. and Fri. We are throwing extra days when we can and she has me scheduled to start a boot camp on Feb 22. I'm super excited because I refuse to fail this time.

In addition to working out I've decieded to jus watch what I eat the best way I can, I don't really want to make to many changes as I have in the past bcuz from experience I know I'll be unable to stick to it.

It's nice to meet all of you and I WISH GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!

Brit
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
welcome ana!

i've decided that im not going to weigh myself all month until doc appointment(26th)
it will be hard becausei have been a daily weigher for a couple of months now and its addicting..
i want to be surprised when i step back on..

jigglefree
02-04-2010, 07:27 PM
matilda - What program are you doing? I'm calorie counting and it's easy. Of course my husband is always on calorie patrol.

anajjana - Welcome!! I had been on here almost a month before I found the thread.

Brit you are doing it. I don't do the scale for that very reason. What you can do it just leave the scale in the car. No way to weigh yourself then.

Ok so I cut all the relaxed hair off and my husband thinks it's too short. Whatever. I really like it this short. No relaxers for me. I went natural because my hair was breaking off with the relaxer because it's been relaxed so long. I will see how it looks as it grows back. I'll probably wear a wig to keep my husband happy but hopefully by the time I get to my 10 I can free myself of the hairy hats permanently.

CakeBatter
02-04-2010, 09:51 PM
brit - it is hard to not weigh everyday....esp since i feel like that is what keeps me on track. However you will be celebrating when you see that scale on the 26th

Jigglefree- My EX pretty much hated my hair when I first chopped it off so I kept a lot of braids (i think he hated wigs more lol). But eventually it grew on him. the only trouble was that when going natural it is from the inside out so his negativity made me feel insucure at times but I just kept thinking positve. My fro is sooo big now. I wish you luck and good hair days muh lady

Jana - WELCOME..."Thank you Jesus, you found us! LOL"

ItsMO- Gurl I can't live without muh coffee. STAY STRONG>

I weighed today not too bad. Just sticking to plan (except Superbowl) I LOVE FOOTBALL. Oh I am running a MARATHON> YEAH i had to step it up. I have tooooo much time on my hands.

beaka
02-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Just quickly checking in! Hope you ladies are well! I'm bracing myself for all this snow! Post more later! :)

anajjana
02-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

brit - i had to push my scale in the corner behind the door in the bathroom to keep from getting on it, it's so addicting and sometimes if I get toooo scale crazy it will determine my attitude for the day so I had to stop that! I know exactly how you feel! :)

jigglefree/cakebatter - I've thought about going natural a few times before, my hair ALWAYS breaks off and gets so damaged I have to cut it short every other year just to try and keep it healthy. My hairs grows REALLY fast so it's not really a problem for me but da BF HATES it when I cut it short. I keep changing my hair products still trying to find out why it continues to break off. I have really thick hair that has a tendency to get really REALLY nappy if I don't keep it permed at least once every 5-6 weeks really every 3 weeks but I kno perming it that much is not good so I risk nappiness for a few weeks until it's okay to perm again. If ya'll have any tips I'D LOVE TO HEAR THEM. :)

We didn't get to walk last night bcuz it was raining and my trainer will be outta town this evening but we're gonna walk at 7am on Sat so that should be pretty good. I super ready cuz it will be my first time walking this trail in the daylight so it'll be nice to actually be able to see wat it looks like.

Eating was just fine yesterday even though my dinner was kinda late, had a fight with the BF that killed my desire to eat anything for a few hours so dinner was a little late but I didn't over do it so that good.

I'm having a party with my after~school class today and we're having pizza, I'm eating a light breakfast and lunch bcuz I plan to have two pieces of pizza. I think I'm a little more excited about the party than they are! :)

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful FRIDAY and if i don't get back have a great weekend also!

Matilda08
02-05-2010, 01:40 PM
anaj- WELCOME!!!!!!

brit- I think thats a good idea, Ive also decided that I want to WI on a monthly basis. Its hard but I think it will pay off.

Jigglefree- Im a calorie counter too and I love it. At first it was difficult getting into the groove but I got it now lol

Cake- lol you and football, good luck on the marathon!!!

Im preparing for snow as well. Have a lovely weekend!

mrsemery03
02-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Well, I ordered the 30 day shred and I plan on working that into my regiment. Today was the first day EVER doing 45 mins on the eliptical. Normally I do 15 maybe 20 mins. I could have lasted longer but my feet started to ache. LOL I've been doing some weight training and my back is ACHING like nobody's business!!!! I want to hit the eliptical again, but my upper body aches. I will do at least 15 mins and then hit the sack.

Shay, today I washed my hair and it did fine. I should not have worried. I pressed it once and curled it 3 times in almost 4 wks. I will try and post a pic soon. The ones I have must be too lrg. It's been great hearing about everyone's journeys with weight and HAIR.

Let's all keep up the great work, b/c there's tons of prizes at the finish line. Great health being number one and feeling sexieR #2! Let's do this ladies.

We have a blizzard warning here in Prince George's Co. for those in the DMV. I am sick of SNOW!!!!!

Beautifully Flawed
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Hay LADIES...

I am new to this site, and happy to be around supportive like minded people... We all sometimes need a push in the right direction... Its just good to be here...

And Beaka... I love that motto "Thin in 2010"... I am game for that!!!!

Brit
02-06-2010, 12:03 AM
so today sucked cuz i got up and weighed..ima work on it..since my weight loss is slowing up, im going to gauge my progress month by month instead of week by week..and my goal is 6-7lbs a month

so since we are also talkin about hair..i have been keeping my hair under a half wig cuz its so convenient esp when i workout...i think working out,water and exercising is also helping my hair.here's a pic of my puff up close.its been officially 2 years since i've been natural.

Dips'n'twists
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Alll this talk about snow and "blizzard warnings" and all we got is new york city was one big SALT storm! :lol: I tell you, the news can really get us going about some weather. You can make 10 years woth of margeritas with all this damn salt.

Fist, welcome to all the beautiful newbies. (ana, flawed) I'm just like Matilda in that i get so excited to see this forum grow and grow.

Cake: a marathon?! wow. I am so impressed by you. I can remember running 8 miles and thinking "man if this were a marathon i wouldn't even be halfway through yet!" But i make a great cheerleader :cheer: go cake baby go:cheer:

Jigglefree: I was reading your scale post and it made me smile so big. There is nothing like being pleasantly suprised by what we see on the scale.

Brit: speaking of the scale, it seems that you declaring yourself free from the scale until the end of the month only made you more obsessed. It is okay to weigh yourself everyday as long as it isn't 5 times a day. It gives you a good indication of how your body reacts to certain foods, drinks, hormones,etc. Don't beat yourself up over it. By the way, LOVE your hair pic. and your skin looks pretty good too!

Matilda. did yall get snow in jersey? or a whole bunch of salt like me?

Hey Beaka- I was looking at your ticker...look how far you've come! I wanna be like you when I grow up.

I guess i can celebrate my victory of loosing 1 pound for another week. this weight is really trying to hold on. Stubborn sonofa:censored: but I am moving forward not backward and I can't complain about that.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Matilda08
02-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey ladies I got about 8inches in NJ but the roads are clear.

Brit I like the hair ......

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Just checking in......

mrsemery03
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I haven't been winning the battle with food. Hubby and son are eating any everything. Being snowed in I am snacking more on things that I shouldn't. I plan on hitting the eliptical in an hour. :-P

I hope that everyone else is doing much better than I am!!!!

Shay
02-08-2010, 04:25 AM
Snowed in here. Had a fit bc the power was out for nearly 24 hours and when it came back on cable was out. Cable came back on about a hour later .

Today is the last day of the fruit/veggie cleanse which has been quite successful. I will report my weight loss here on Tuesday.

msemery03--Happy to hear things worked out.

Brit--Love the puff!!! You gotta stop making the scale what I call a "false idol". I'm sure there are other ways you can measure progress. I use clothes.

MoveMoveMove
02-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Hello ladies,

I haven't lurked this thread for quite some time. It was still WOC#1 the last time I peeked in.

I need a little help. I was skimming The Gabriel Method and one of the things he wants you to do is find a picture of what you would consider your ideal body. I'm 5'7" with a large frame and my goal weight is 170 lbs. I googled bbw pictures/models trying to find a photo of an ideal body and all that kept coming up was porn. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Can any of you ladies point me in the right direction to find some nice photos? Thanks so much.

Gotta go back now and read up on your comments on going natural.

Shay
02-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Well the fruit/veggie cleanse is over but I plan to continue to focus most of what I eat on fruits and veggies. I lost 9.4 lbs during the cleanse.

I plan to be good today and do the exercises I would normally be doing at home. So at noon I will do yoga and this afternoon I will do some strength training.

beaka
02-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey ya'll! Shouts out to my DMV soldiers braving the snow! My power was out for a day and a half. Luckily I had some friends come scoop me up. I've dug my truck out, but not the huge pile of snow in front of it. :( This has been crazy! I'm bracing myself for more snow and hoping my power doesn't go out this time.

brit: I love your puff! Can't wait until my hair gets bigger!

shay: what did you eat during the cleanse? I'm interested.

Tamara
02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
@MoveMoveMove: what about pictures of Tocarra (from ANTM), the other plus size girls on ANTM, Queen Latifah, etc? I don't know if they weigh exactly 170. But they are healty women with normal bodies.

Matilda08
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I am also preparing for another snow storm.......Im so sick of it lol. Other than that Im good. I hope everyone is well!

Shay
02-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey ya'll! Shouts out to my DMV soldiers braving the snow! My power was out for a day and a half. Luckily I had some friends come scoop me up. I've dug my truck out, but not the huge pile of snow in front of it. :( This has been crazy! I'm bracing myself for more snow and hoping my power doesn't go out this time.

brit: I love your puff! Can't wait until my hair gets bigger!

shay: what did you eat during the cleanse? I'm interested.

I reported what I ate in my 3FC blog but I can say I did smoothies, veggie salads, and fruit salads mostly.

mytime2Bsuccessful
02-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Hey Ladies,

I see everyone is doing good and trying to stay on track.

Shay- Great Job with the cleanse. :congrat:

I started doing low carbs. yesterday which really works good for me. I'm still working on trying to get my exercise in daily. I have had a lot going on with school and tests so its hard but i'm not going to let it defeat me.

As far as going natural goes my transitioning is going great so far. Getting my hair done in kinky twist in the am so I'm preparing my hair with a deep conditioner and hot oil treatment.

Keep up the great work Ladies.:cheer2:

Brit
02-09-2010, 11:26 PM
hey ladies i uploaded some progress pics in a thread i started in the mini goal section:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/193792-6-months-later-50lbs-down-w-pics.html#post3144756

jigglefree
02-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I saw the pics and you are doing a fabulous job. Go head girl!!
:exercise::exercise::cheer2::cheer3::dance::carrot :

Matilda08
02-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Brit- gooooodddd job!!!

Hey everyone Im getting all this snow in NJ its crazy out here so im stuck in the house online reading and eating lol Im trying to be good!

Dips'n'twists
02-10-2010, 09:50 PM
:snow4: we got one heck of a storm going on here. I actually braved the weather and went to work only to encounter a pervert who whipped out his business and masturbated in front of me! :mad: Well thanks to technology, i took a pic of him with my cell, called the cops and they are looking for him. i hope they catch him and beat the crap out of him!

Okay, now that I got that out of the way...

Brit- i am so proud of you! you have come so far and you are so inspirational to put it out there and show everyone how it's done!

Beaka- love the hair...don't know if I meantioned it

Matilda- like the new avatar, very divalicious!

Mytime: try as I might to do low carb...just can't. Had to come up with a new gig. but its all about trial and error until you get it right.

Ok, contemplating if i should cash in these sick hours and play hookie from work tomorrow...:chin:

CakeBatter
02-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Soooo I weigh at WW's today. Lord I hope I lost something ANYTHING! I just want to go down. I have been eating OKAY went a little over on Sunday and a little Monday as well. But I just put a end to that by carrying my arse to the grocery store. No excuses now. Got enough to last a week (when I get paid). I wanted to go real hard core with the fruit and veggies. I went moderate due to the funds available. I did run 5-1/2 miles Saturday and 3 yesterday. I know I am slacking but I slowly getting it together. BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY I WILL EVER WEIGH 215.8 AGAIN. I worked so very hard to get where I am.

Been talking to the boy and he has realized he has mutha:censored: issues so he is going to a counselor for his "issues". We are also going to try communication classes and see if we can this thing worked out. :D We are not moving in together but we are going to work on it and maybe in 2 12 i will be married, keep you girls updated.

Natural hair - I am 10 months post TODAY :cb: I cant remember when I officially chopped but I haven't had a relaxer for ten months and I started from a tapered neck. I think I cut the relaxer all off back in October or something. Still holding out for dreds...

Mrsemery I am so scik of snow and freezing weather. If that was what I wanted I could have lived in WI instead of VA! sheesh. When we were snowed in last week boy I was snacking. It was so hard not to mindlessly eat BS out of boredom. Also I see you have been kicking up the cardio. Awesome! I am thinking of getting me a machine for the days I don't wanna go to the gym

Beautifully :wel3fc:

Britt First and foremost I LOVE LOVE LOVE your puff. I can't wait until mine is that big! I think you are doing fine with the scale issue...it never seemed to effect your overall mood, but what do I know...I'm in the computer. LOL How have you been doing with it? I also saw your Progress photos. Awesome JOB. What a difference. You just keep on kicking.

Dips A pound is a pound. You are doing great. You know slow and steady wins the race! :) Okay the perv thing is EWWWW. Sorry you had to witness that, And you know his a$$ was crazy cause aint it like 3 degrees there. WTF

Shay :wave: Yay you made it through the cleanse! :cp: 9.4 pounds. Now that is something to dance about! OWWW:carrot: I wanted to a cleanse as of today I can't afford all those fruits...lol. i am going to check out your diet blog so I can follow when I get more dinero.:cb:

Beaka :wave: We gonna have big ole fros....hehe

anajjana
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
it's snowing here in east texas! it's not supposed to stick but it may freeze overnight. they said it's supposed to fall all day! this is our first real snow in a few years so we are all excited around here!

went a lil off plan last night but it wasnt too bad but i plan to make up for it today. prob won't be able to walk today bcuz of da snow but it's fine i'll eat light.

can't wait to go home and cuddle with my hunnie!

i hope you ladies have a wonderful day!

jigglefree
02-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Hey everyone. It's cold in the A but no snow, we got some dusting yesterday for a minute and they say it's gonna snow an inch tomorrow. I left Illinois because I wanted to get away from this stuff.

Dips you want to use sick days with all that snow, how bout they shut the city down when we get a few flakes on the ground. There is no place to get groceries because they go buy up everything like we gonna be snowed in for weeks. The snow is usually gone in less than 24hrs. BUT THEY SHUTS IT DOWN!! :coolsnow::snowglo:

Cake you will have to let us know how the weigh in goes, all that running had to help some kind a way. :goodscale I thought I was doing something running a half a mile. Of course it's been bout 3yrs since I ran anything.

I been doing good. The weight is coming down slowly. I'm bout to go to this gym for lunch so I can get this body together :exercise::exercise::running::running: . I'm decreasing calories back to 1200 for the next 7 days. No rest for the weary!!! :eating2:

Matilda08
02-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Hello to all my sistas!!!!!

I was just wondering is anyone doing strenght training and if so what is your routine if you dont mind sharing????

I havent been doing any lately but this month and next month Im planning on changing up my routine to weight training and then 20 min elliptical machine. I think that will get the ball back rolling for me. I want to see some results come summer months!

CakeBatter
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Jiggle free any running is good. DOn't trip! ANd they shut our city down too. VA (757 and the 804) don't know ish bout no snow.

Ana We was little excited too AT FIRST then we ended up with a foot snow. I had cabin fever like a mofo two weekends ago. Now we round here with snow-maggedon casue its been snowing like er'y day! #Where dey do that at

beaka
02-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Matilda- I'm so sick of this snow too. :( . I've started up with the weight training. The 30 Day Shred is a good start. Can't remember if you've tried it. I just got The New Rules of Lifing for Women and The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises to guide my workouts. The Women's Health one is the best. They put workouts together and it's all color pictures. Try getting some lifting books from your Library, and if you really like one, order it.

Shay- I checked out your veggie cleanse. I might have to try it, when I can actually get out to the grocery store.

Brit- Congrats!!!! I think I'm adoptin gyou as my new weight loss twin. :D

Dips- Thanks! :)

jigglefree- way to go! I can never stick with 1200. I like to eat too much!

cake- hope the WI is good, and please take it slow with the boy. :hug:

As for me, I haven't been eating too great, since I've been trapped inside. I'm trying to do better, but I'm definitely going into the kitchen way more than I need to. At least I have been getting out there and shoveling snow. I think I'm gonna try to do a workout dvd. Maybe something on demand. Hope you ladies have a good day!

Matilda08
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
:snow4: we got one heck of a storm going on here. I actually braved the weather and went to work only to encounter a pervert who whipped out his business and masturbated in front of me! :mad: Well thanks to technology, i took a pic of him with my cell, called the cops and they are looking for him. i hope they catch him and beat the crap out of him!

Okay, now that I got that out of the way...

Brit- i am so proud of you! you have come so far and you are so inspirational to put it out there and show everyone how it's done!

Beaka- love the hair...don't know if I meantioned it

Matilda- like the new avatar, very divalicious!

Mytime: try as I might to do low carb...just can't. Had to come up with a new gig. but its all about trial and error until you get it right.

Ok, contemplating if i should cash in these sick hours and play hookie from work tomorrow...:chin:

Thank you!

jigglefree
02-11-2010, 04:38 PM
The gym was good working out.

Cake - I got a little run in, still holding on to that 1/2 mile. Hopefully by the time the summer rolls in I can get near 2 miles.

Beaka - Girl I started the year doing 1200 strong and the first 3 days I thought my head was gonna explode I was ssoooo HUNGRY!! My a$$ was bout to starve :drool::drool: my husband was laughing at me. I drank lemon water to hold it together.

Matilda - I do some weight lifting at the gym and still shreding with Jillian. I moved to level 2 this morning and it wasn't anything nice. :woops::lifter:

Dips'n'twists
02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Ana: just like a texan to get all hyped over some snow..ya'll are so cute. Come visit my neck of the woods, you'd have a BALL!

Jiggle- Decided to go to work since i'm off tomorrow. If they shut us down for a little bit of snow we'd be out of commission for weeks! "We shuts it down" LMAO :lol:

Cake, thanks for the props

Matilda: This personal trainer I use to date said that if you strength train you should aim for 8 different excersises as a minimum

Beaka: YES i love those on demand workouts (kinda eliminates all excuses don't it?)

Dips'n'twists
02-11-2010, 09:34 PM
BTW Cake: i hear you on the fruits! Who knew eating good could break the bank so hard!

Shay
02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Brit--Great job!

About the cleanse--Thanks for the congrats, ladies. Now I'm paranoid and worried about keeping the weight off now that I am slowing incorporating other foods. The scale is hiding until the end of the month. I just need to remember that I do know what I am doing.

Shay
02-11-2010, 09:41 PM
@Beaka--I can not wait to go to the grocery store. I think I will hit Trader Joe's this time. I mostly go to Giant but venture to TJ's every few months.

Shay
02-11-2010, 09:51 PM
@Cake--I actually found it to be cheaper than my normal grocery bill. I did have some things on hand already so I'm sure that helped too.

Matilda08
02-12-2010, 09:28 AM
at the all ladies gym I attend you are allowed two free personal training sessions per year and they pretty much give you a regimen and everything. When I do strenght training I feel so much better I also take a few classes each week that are a mix of aerobics and strenght training. Love them..........I have to get back on my grind I need a lil push ladies!

Brit
02-12-2010, 11:43 AM
thank you all ladies! on campus the other day i've bumped into a male friend i havent seen since like 08..and he was like "wow you look different"..i asked what look different? he says "YOU ARE SO SKINNY NOW!" ahh, that made my day esp when it comes from the opposite sex lolll.last time he seen me i was at my starting weight-286.

beaka=that would be cool! i cant wait to get to onederland like you..it just seems like weight loss will be so much easier knowing you are already in the One's and not the Two's

cake-even though i promised not to weight myself until the end of the month...i've still been doing it daily..but i dnt feel bad, it makes me feel more accountable.i notice when i dont eat carbs at night(like after 6-7pm), i weigh less in the morning..so guess what ima start doing?!

anyway..today, the scaled showed 208.2..exactly 2 weeks left until my weight check up..my goal is to get to 205 by then which will average to 10lbs a month since nov(my last weight check up)..im gonna work hard to get there! during the holidays,i had a big WHOOSH down in my weight..oh the irony right? i went from 237 to 220 in a month and a half.idk how. i hope it comes back around though.

i also changed my ticker weight an extra 5-10 pounds but if i feel comfortable before i get there..then i will stay

CakeBatter
02-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Hey ladies. I lost weight for the first time in like a month. I lost 1.4 Still not at my Pre-holiday weight but hey I will take the pound. I will be glad wehn I get back to 174 so I can move my ticker. You know what ya'll I am just going to change if to my after holiday and keep it moving so I can see some prgress dammit.

Brit I have been not eating carbs after a certain time as well. It seems to be working for me. It is always so awesome when the opposite sex notices.

JIggle I half bet you will be running two miles before the summer. I wouldn't be surprised

Beaka I am gonna take it slow. We are not moving back in together incase we can't work it out

Matilda I can never bring myself to weight train. IDK why just can't

Dips Girl be scrambling trying to buy produce for real....

Shay Yea but since I just moved in...I am totally re-stocking. so maybe that is why. Either way you are really doing great

Matilda08
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Brit and Cake- I think thats a great idea that Im going to start " not carbs for dinner" carbs are my down fall and they make me so ugh I lost weight slow when I eat them. I try to really eat lots of protien but it gets boring at times. Starting Sunday Im going to really get back op. I just need some will power dust and more motivation so I can at least shed 30 lbs before the end of the summer. Ive been really OP and not sticking to my guns. Thank god I have this site, its what gives me that little push I always end up needing!

beaka
02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
jigglefree: you are quite the trooper :high:

shay: Love me some TJs! I'm not a big fan of giant. It's laid out crazy and it's always crowded. I like Harris Teeter.

Brit: You look so good in your profile pic! I'm suprised that dude wasn't all over you. I'll message you my number. Overall I do good, but I'm not on opint with being OP like I wanna be. I keep hovering in and out of Onderland. I was 198.6 this morning. I've been here too long. I feel like if I get below 195, staying in Onderland will feel real.

Cake: Any loss is good to see! :)

Matilda: I wanna lose 30 too, so we need to get on it. Here ya go! :dust:

I think I'm gonna get out and go to the gym tomorrow. I might actually make use of the steam room and head to the mall after. I got a 2nd interview for a position in a week and all my blazers are too big. I have no suits to wear.

I'm going on the interview, but I'm starting to feel like I don't want to be here. It's not just the snow. It just sucks being single and so far from family when bad stuff happens. I'm thinking about going back further South.

jigglefree
02-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks Beaka, I got a vision in my head and I gotta get there. Of course my husband is always on calorie patrol. My body is doing well this go around on 1200 calories.

I looked in the mirror today and to my wondering eyes my double chin is GONE!! I was screaming. My husband and daughter came running to see what happened. I asked my husband to see if I was seeing and he said yep it's gone. YAY

Matilda, I know you can do this. Those 30 pounds are going to melt like butter. Just keep moving.

Cake every pound adds to the total loss.

Brit
02-13-2010, 10:36 AM
this no carb thing at night is really workin

207.6 today

thnkz beaka- i havent really gotten any numbers yet..but lately i have been getting some stares..when i was standing at the bus stop the other day,some random white dude slowed down driving and whistled at me. :lol:

Miss Coco
02-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Hello ladies, can I join y'all again. I posted here a couple of times last year but it all went to pot. So I'm back with my tail between my legs. I always lose a little weight and then get too bold thinking I can do it by myself with no support. One day off turns into a week off and then all of a sudden I'm back to where I started. here I am on valentines day single... Arrggghhhh.

Anyway I've just read through this thread and you all seem like nice ladies. It will be cool to have someone who understands. xx

mytime2Bsuccessful
02-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Ladies,

Glad to see that everyone is trying to stay on track.

Brit- Keep up the good work. U will be turning down numbers soon.

To everyone else keep up the good work.

In regards to hair,

I finally got my hair done in kinky twist this week. The lady who did my hair was like u need to perm your hair u have 2 inches of new grown. I told her I'm transitioning she was like oh. I think I'm going to love my natural hair.

I put a pic of my hair up not sure if it will show up but I hope it does.

Everyone have a great week.

Almost forgot to update my weight loss but I'm down 4 more pounds in the past 2 weeks. :cheer2::cheer2:

CakeBatter
02-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Sooo I had a very good weekend. Meaning I didn't eat my into oblivion and I worked out as scheduled. Holla. Its Monday and i still have 15 FLEX PTS. That is saying alot! With that being said I expect to see a difference on said WI day.

SO I been rocking my puff all weekend (which I love BTW) and man my fro is all big and bodacious. I am going to add new pics to my fotki

Mytime - 4 LBS is awesome young lady.

Welcome Coco

Brit - That is great. I hope it helping me out too. Keep doing awesome

Brit
02-15-2010, 10:23 AM
205.4 this morning(mondays are my official weigh in days even though i weigh daily)..that's even after 2 bowls of spaghetti and 2 lollipops i had yesterday..nice.

i did do 30 min of cardio though..

thanks everyone for the support..i love this site

and beaka tell me why that same dude i bumped into, asked for my number yesterday and asked could he call me last night at like 1 in the morning?!

beaka
02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
jigglefree: You are doin it! I think I just have a fat face. I don't think I'll ever lose this 2nd chin completely.

Brit: Ha! You're pulling 'em!!! You're gonna be beating them off with sticks soon!

Ms Coco: Glad to have you back!

Mytime: Congrats on being down!

Cake: I wanna see this fro! :)

As for me, I got on the scale yesterday and it read 196.8! A new low for me. And then I started TOM and today it says 199.6 :p. I'm hoping that after I can see another whoosh. I really want to be below 195 so that I can feel closer to 190 than 200.
I hope all of you ladies had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I went out to the movies and bowling with a group. It was a lot of fun. I got some dude's number. Which I hate, but his phone was dead. I like for them to have to make contact first. But overall I had a good VDay. Did some shopping this weekend too and got some great deals. I did the Goodwill and the mall. I have a new "thinspiration" blazer. At goodwill I found a Burberry blazer for $7. It's beautiful and there was no way I can leave it there. It's my goal size, so I went ahead and got it.

jigglefree
02-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Beaka - You have given me the idea of the month. I wanted to get these really cute pants at TJmaxx because they were my goal size and only $10. My husband thinks I should wait til I get closer, but those will be gone. So I will be going to the goodwill to see what they have as "Thinspiration" LOVE IT!

Brit - You have been great inspiration to stay on plan because I'm looking forward to seeing ONEderland. That will be when I start weighing myself. Long as I THINK I'm 200 anything I won't get on the scale. I haven't seen 100 since my first year of college.:goodscale

Matilda - Keep plugging away there will be good days and bad ones chalk it up to the game.:workout::workout:

I have a renewed since of goal. Not that I was slacking, well I kinda was, I was eating on plan but skipped a couple of days of exercise and felt sluggish. But I just got back from the gym and feeling good. I gotta get to that regular size 18 in 30 days. I have a dress I begged my husband to buy me for our anniversary that I promised him I was going to wear one day. I want his birthday to be that "ONE DAY". :cheers: Then I can really celebrate.

Matilda08
02-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Cake -Im glad you were able to stay on plan! Thats awesome.

Brit - keep up the good work, and having guys check for you is such good motivation lol

Beaka- good and yes its probably tom so hopefully the scale will go down.

Jigglefree- good luck on getting in that dress. YOu can do it!

Im doing pretty ok, I decided to start another detox phase of fat smash....so far today I havent cheated. Im hoping to shed ten lbs in the next nine days to start me on the track to getting 30lbs off come june or so. Wish me luck ladies lol!!!!!

anajjana
02-15-2010, 02:01 PM
good afternoon ladies!

brit - school me on the no carb thing, what time do you cut them off?

last week was an up and down roller coaster that ended on a good note. the bf really screwed up valentine's day or maybe i should say all~star weekend did, i could have spent the day eating away my disappointment in him but i didn't i jus sleep until about 5pm, woke up and took the nephew to see the princess and the frog (very cute movie btw). he will be on location tongiht and tomorrow night so i'll be getting to bed pretty early both nights. i'm still disappointed in him so i think i'll make him suck-up until he gets back home (evil smile)

i didn't weigh in on sat only bcuz friday night was not good eating so to avoid that disappointment i'll wait until this sat. i WILL stay on plan all week!

i hope all you ladies have a great day!

beaka
02-15-2010, 09:08 PM
jigglefree: I'm down for having something smaller as a goal item. Just don't go buy your whole wardrobe for your goal size ;). People definitely be sleeping on Goodwill. I got 3 blazers and 2 dresses for $25. One of the dresses was from H&M and still had the tags on it. I washed everything this weekend, and it's like new to me. I know you'll get into that dress.

Matilda: Good luck! :lucky:

As for me, today's been cool. Just trying to stay on plan. I'll be so happy when it's warm outside again!

Matilda08
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
One day down eight more to go! Im so happy Ive done the first day since its usually the hardest. I packed my food for tomorrow so day two here I come.

CakeBatter
02-15-2010, 10:10 PM
I am proud of myself that I Could scream! I have 3 pts left at the end of the day and only 2 days left to WI and I STILL HAVE 15 FLEX POINTS. POW. I am so excited that I am back in control. I have about 27 more pounds to lose to get me to ultimate goal and about 12 to back to original goal. I think I lasted at original goal about a month TOPS. Can't wait.

JiggleFree I do that all the time. I buy something I really realy like and work to get in it.

Matilda Yay DAY ONE down. Great job. It just feels so great when you are in icontrol

Beaka I am going to post a pic ASAP. 196!!! Go Beaka Go Beaka. Once TOM goes away you will get a WHOOSH.

Brit OKAY Hot mama!! You are doing exceptional! What day of August is your Bday. Mine is the 31st. I hit my goal (within 2 lbs) lst year. Best Birthday ofmy life

Ana Sorry your Vday went sour. Make 'em suffer GURL. LOL

mrsemery03
02-16-2010, 10:40 AM
It's been a second since I've posted, but I am glad that everyone is making progress even with a few setbacks. Beaka I love the Goodwill idea I may try that myself. Get ready for the whoosh! Jigglefree you can get into that dress. I am still hoping to loose my double chin. LOL Brit you go girl!!! Anytime a man even takes a scond look is a great feeling. Work IT!!!! Matilda they say it's a habit after 21 days. Hang in there! Cake I wanna see ur hair photos. I tried uploading but it never seems to work. Do u go to a place in the area to care for ur hair? I just do mine myself. Thought about going to someone for maybe some more versitility.

Since being snowed in I have fluctuated between 219 & 221. I haven't weighed myself in 2 days. I will hit the eliptical this evening when my husband gets home. My hands are pretty full with my son being home today. I really miss the gym!!!!! Doesn't look like I will be there until Friday. Lately, I have been slacking even going down to the basement to workout. I was motivated for 3 weeks and in a nice zone. Now, I feel like I am starting all over again. I ordered Jillian's workout dvd but it hasn't arrived yet. Looking forward to trying something new.

Everyone have a great week!

Crystal

jigglefree
02-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Hey Ya'll,
I'm doing real good this week. Working out like a gym bunny and eating on plan. I joined the calorie counter St Patty's Day challenge. I gotta get to that regular size 18 by that weekend. It's a good push for me cause I'm committed to the goal. I feel like I've been drinking mountain dew today. It must be the workout I did this morning.

Beaka - I was only going to get a single item. Right now I'm focused on that "hubby birthday dress"!! I tried it on last night. Bout 2-3 more inches and it's gonna be working for me.

Matilda - How's the day going for you today? I love the feeling of progress. Today will be two days down and 7 to go.

Cake - You are holding it down!! I vote you scream!! Cause I would be going bananas. Oh yea, I'm still running. I keep telling myself I can run another 15 seconds. If I do that I can run further. :running::running: Gonna get to that mile...then I'm going bananas.

Mrsemery - Have you ever worked out with Jillian, she be spanking my a$$. I have to give her a break on that 30 Day Shred. I'm doing her arm and upside down abs right now and it ain't no punk.

Matilda08
02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Hello all! So far day two is going great for me. I sticking it out. Ill also be hitting the gym tonight I havent been in a few weeks. I miss step sculpt and body to pump. Here I cum. I have to hang in there though because I really want to shed thirty lbs come june. I have a family reunion that I will be attending and 210 sounds so good to me lol plus summer is coming I wanna see some progress once it starts getting hot.

Keep up the good work ladies, you are motivating me!!!!!

beaka
02-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Matilda: Way to go with sticking with it!

Cake: You're doing GREAT this week. I didn't know you had lowered you're goal. I know you'll definitely reach it.

mrsemery: We may have to meet up some time since you're in Maryland

jigglefree: you super crunk, ain't ya? :carrot:

And all ya'll August babies, you know I'm one too! the 23rd! And I plan to be at goal by then, so let's get it.

Gotta work tonight, and with the snow I haven't hit the gym in a minute, but I'm gonna get back on it!

Matilda08
02-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Beaka I havent been to the gym in weeks but Im going tonight!!!! I actually missed it:)