General chatter - Gamer Chicks/Roosters!

View Full Version : Gamer Chicks/Roosters!

mayness
12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
We've had threads for gamers before... but it's been a while, and I figure even the people who responded in older threads are probably playing new things these days!

So... what do you play?

I quit World of Warcraft a few months ago... as it is, I only have one friend who still plays. When I see the commercials or look at old screenshots I start itching to play again :devil: but I know I'll get bored and I'd rather save the money for other things.

Right now I'm "between games"... hopefully I find something to hold me over until Diablo III comes out a few years from now, but E3 is still half a year away :yawn: so I don't see myself getting hooked on anything soon. I play Spore once in a while, and hubby and I play Diablo II together when we're REALLY bored.

I'm mostly playing goofy stuff on the wii (it's the only console we have). I picked up Mad World, which is HILARIOUS, but completely crude and disturbingly violent so don't buy it if that's not your thing. Super Mario Bros Wii is really fun with multiple people, but sorta boring solo. I'll probably play the second Super Mario Galaxy when it comes out... or is it out now? :?:

Hubby and most of his friends are looking forward to Starcraft 2, but I'm just plain awful at RTS games so I don't think I'll play. He might pick up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but that also doesn't appeal to me all that much. (I will say, though, that if you've only seen it played on a console, find someone who has it for the PC just to watch - the graphics are awesome!)

I think the game I play most often is tetris on my cell phone while I'm on the bus. :lol: In January I'm getting a Droid *swoon* so my portable gaming options will be expanded.

nelie
12-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't classify myself as a gamer but I have my moments.

Can you describe Spore to me? I've looked at it and I still don't understand what exactly it is! Is it like Sims? I don't like Sims so I figured I wouldn't like it.

I've been playing around with a free online game called Runes of Magic. It is interesting but I'm not sure it will hold my interest long.

stargzr
12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I guess I can be considered a gamerchick... but mainly on the 360. I play the wii sometimes and I really like games on the pc like Diner Dash (I like simple games). I like mostly games that look fun. I don't prefer to play war games or first person shooters really. I'm not very good at the shooting of other people so I'm generally not good and choose not to play. The only game like that which I was good at was Halo and I used to play that with my now hubby and his friends back when they played. Games we have now that I like? Lego Batman, Lego Star Wars, Up!... I have more, but for some reason my mind just wen blank. Hubby has so many, I don't think I even know all the titles... I just scored Diner Dash for cheap the other day, so I play that on the pc when I'm already on the computer.

Sakai
12-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Nelie - Spore is a game where you control the evolution of a creature. You start off as a tiny cell like creature you can be a hunter and hunt other creatures for meat, or a plant eater and find plant material to eat.
The more you eat the more you grow (Millions of years pass of course) and you collect things to add on to your creature to make it more advance. (like legs or different eyes or mouth parts.) as you evolve you leave the water and walk on land, here it's the same story on a larger scale, you hunt for food...try not to become food...and find more advanced part to evolve your species.
You make friends or enemies with other species by communicating. the more evolved your species is...the better your communication works. "I wanna be your friend" Or "Stay away or we'll attack!" or you can just totally over take them and eat them if you're a meat eater.
You get points for all of this and then you evolve again, into a tribe. You need to make friends with other tribes by learning to make music, tools, and domesticate animals. Here you pick if your "people" are military, religious, or neutral (agricultural/ economic).
Long story short you evolve again.
Civilization...you make vehicles, if you're a religious people you make vehicles that help convert... if military, you make them to help you forcefully take over. The economic make vehicles to help transport and trade goods.
At this point the game becomes a lot like Dune...or Civlizations... you make troops or priests (depending), land/air/water vehicles and you "convert"/"Take over" other cities until you have whole world domination. You can do this by force...or buying out another city, or joining forces.
You evolve again
Galactic. Your people learn to travel in space. There are a few enemies you have to fight but the main goal is to populate planets, bring back alien life form (animal or plant) to study and to mine for goods.
I'm at this point in the game so I'm not sure what the magnitude of everything you can do here is.

There is literally, countless forms your species can take. You have full control of everything from body color to body shape.. wings, beaks, feet..hair..clothes. you control what their homes look like... you make the vehicles and the boats and the space ships. You create the national anthem for your people. The game is HUGE so make sure your computer can pull it. My laptop and pull it, bit only just...
It's super simple, but high addicting the missions are challenging but not so hard that you want to give up. Look it up on Youtube for a taste, I've seen people make some crazy creatures and ships.

It looks hard...but it's not. I taught myself everything about the game. They have pretty good in-game tutorals and they are great and easy.
some vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoP5thatpr4&feature=channel - Cell stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRovPCiBBTw - a taste of how to make creatures.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoyRz8vG9Mw&feature=channel - Tribal stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRd8rIiFEnU&feature=channel - how to make vehicles

As for me...I'm a gamer...totally. I'm not really into first person shoot 'em up games. I'm more into Final Fantasy...I'm played 7-12 not 11 though. And I can't wait for 13 to come out next year. Kingdom Hearts...Fable II Spore, Sims (computer and playstation) Zelda, Sonic, Mario everything. Assassin's creed is great i can't wait to get the second one (it's sold out everywhere) -_-) My BF is playing Fallout 3, Assassin's creed...Two different Prince of Persia Games, Dead space, Bioshock, Wolfenstein, Lord of the Rings Conquest. Then we have the Wii games. Mario party..wii fit, wii resort, super smash bro's. brawl. ect..

We have A Wii,(ours) PS2,(mine) PS3,(mine) X-box,(his) Nintendo 64,(mine) Nintendo DS(one for him and one for me) and PSP (his) Though we play all of them, depending on the game.

Eat, sleep, play! Eat, sleep, play! :dizzy:

katkitten
12-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I love the zelda games!!! Plants vs. zombies was fun for a bit...diner dash too....loved sims but its getting old...im curious about the new metroid game. And spore kinda sounds interesting too!

AmyAileen
12-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Mayness- Have you checked out Dragon Age Orgins? It could be a good one to help get you through the wait period on Diablo III. I'm a pretty casual gamer, but I'm thoroughly addicted to it and I loved Diablo II.

Serendipity
12-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm a reformed (sort of) gamer chick. I used to play (serially, never all at once) Everquest, Everquest II, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, Guild Wars...but I find with games of that genre, I spend WAY too much time online, and quit everything before going back to school. Now I limit my game-playing addiction to Facebook apps (Mafia Wars and MouseHunt) and a couple of PC games (Peggle and Bejeweled Twist/Bejeweled 2). Once I'm done with school, I'll probably pick up some more things to try. ;)

Glory87
12-11-2009, 01:57 AM
I played a LOT of EQ1. I mean, wow, a lot. Probably contributed to my weight issues! Had to grab fast food so I could hurry home and raid!

Now, I very casually play EQ2. I tradeskill and decorate my house and harvest shinies for collections. I like that I can log in and play for 30 minutes/45 minutes and accomplish something.

Casandra
12-11-2009, 04:22 AM
I've not been gaming as much recently, I've been really busy with University. I love love Tales of Symphonia, its my all time favourite game ever.

Kingdom Hearts comes second.

Final fantasy really only enjoy a few of them...

I love WiiFit, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Professor Layton, etc.

I'm not really hardcore, I prefer nintendo by a long shot to any other company.

bacilli
12-11-2009, 08:29 AM
I don't miss Warcraft at all, not even with the possibility of making a worg with the next expansion.

We've been playing Super Mario together. Galaxy 2 comes out in January I think, but the first one gave me headaches with all the tilting and flashing, so I probably won't pick it up.

Modern Warfare on the PC is spectacular, and the multi-player is butt kicking.

I cannot WAIT to get my new laptop next month, I have 2 weeks between getting it and starting back at school to play the heck outta Portal.

nelie
12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh Portal was so fun!! One of the funnest games I've played in a long time. I thought it was short though. I also thought I read something that a Portal 2 was planned? I haven't looked it up in a long time though

bacilli
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah, Portal was made as a college project actually. Two guys wrote it as their final project their junior year that was shown at the college's fair, iirc. One of the bigwigs at Valve saw it and told the guys to come see him when they graduated. They did, got jobs, and put Portal in the Orange Box.

They just released a second version that has another 14 or so puzzles, and they're planning another one for late 2010 last I heard.

There's also mods out for Portal, where gamers have built additional rooms that you can download and play. Last time I checked, there was something close to 10,000 additional rooms built.

mayness
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Yay, glad there's been some good discussion here!

I forgot to mention, my very favorite wii game so far was Super Paper Mario. It's short, I'd say about 20 hours if you read/watch everything (though there are endless hours of "extra" stuff you can choose to do) but it's fun and the story is amazing. It made me laugh and it made me cry.

Facebook apps

Haha, I forgot about those... I'm level 29 in Farmville and recently got myself hooked on Cafe World, too.

nelie
12-11-2009, 01:25 PM
We probably had the second version of Portal because it was a stand alone game when we bought it.

Shrinking Girl
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
I never was a gamer type of girl really until last Christmas when I started playing Tabula Rasa while it was free (due to it ending). I totally fell in love but can't really find anything to take it's place, which sucks. I liked it for its simplicity, I was able to just pick up and go and didn't have to worry about getting overly involved just to play.

I do dabble in Second Life, which isn't really a game. I've been a member for 4 years now and do have a shop which makes a decent profit though nothing like some.

PammyFl
12-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I will play ANYTHING if you get me started on it. I played WOW for about 6 months and then got sick of paying the monthly fees and soon switched over to free MMOS. I played ROSE, I played ESO I played a ton of others I cant even remember the names of haha. I tried them all pretty much. I played GTA SAMP which is where I met my bf and we still play that now and again. We actually just installed the orginal EQ and plan on starting that tonight. I own a Wii DS and 360 and when I move to Chicago we also have his PS3 so were totally gaming addicts. I have played tons of simple pc games like World of Goo, bejeweled, plants vs zombies, I even downloaded oregon trail. My bf actually runs a gaming site for our "gang" for the the new MMO APB (All points bulletin) and we plan on playing that once beta is finished.

lizziep
12-12-2009, 02:09 AM
yay games! i'm a console gamer here. i absolutely hate mmorpgs (probably because i've been a wow widow for a longtime, and before that a daoc widow, and before that some other crappy game ugh). But I love my nintendo! We just beat Mario Brothers for the wii and i must say it was amazing. i loved it.
lets see we have... the wii and wii fit, an xbox 360, a ps2, super, orignial, and 64 for nintendo, hubby has a psp and i have a ds. yeah i think that about covers it. lol.
i like easy baby games, platforms and puzzlers. i really really want to play Fable2 an haven't had a chance yet.

Right now hubby is on the hard sell for Borderlands. I'm worried. I've never played an FPS before and while it looks good and like fun, i worry that i won't be able to keep up and he'll get frustrated w/ me and we'll fight. this is what happened when I tried to play wow. Any feedback on FPS's and this particular game i'd love to hear!

Glory87
12-13-2009, 10:58 AM
I will play ANYTHING if you get me started on it. I played WOW for about 6 months and then got sick of paying the monthly fees and soon switched over to free MMOS.

Oh - if you guys like free MMOS, I would be a sucky girlfriend if I didn't mention the game my fiance works on! He works on SOE's Free Realms which is a really cute and FREE online game!

http://www.freerealms.com/

SOE is the same company that makes EQ1, EQ2, Star Wars Galaxies, etc!

You can be a cute little fairy!

Oohpujie
12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
haiii. I am a nerd girl! I played FFXI for about 3-4 years, and then I started playing WoW for about 3 years. Currently I am a bit bored of the gaming options available to me in terms of MMOs (tried Aion, Age of Conan, etc) and am really looking forward to FF14 when it comes out sometime next year!!! I love DDR, my DS, my iPhone and its games. I'm tempted to get the new UFC game, but my bf sold the xbox... ugh. I am also really 1337 at Guitar Hero/RB/etc. I'm very intrigued by DJ Hero!

btw, for the horde!

Oohpujie
12-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Lizzie - no worries about Borderlands. It is fantastic, and pretty easy for an FPS.

mayness
12-14-2009, 07:56 AM
btw, for the horde!

:bravo:

19Deltawifey
12-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I play Halo3 I love this game but I only play on the weekends.

nelie
12-14-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't like FPS games at all. I recently got Tomb Raider on sale and bought it because it is more like a puzzle game than a FPS but I'd rather if there was no shooting! Although I've only played a few moments of it and it doesn't seem like you have to target as the game does it for you so that is better.

mayness
12-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Yesterday I was reminded that Star Trek Online is in production right now, so I went to the web site to check it out. It looks neat... plenty of races, career paths, ships to captain. And it comes out in February, which is great. I applied for closed beta, so maybe I'll be able to check it out sooner. :)

Nella
12-15-2009, 04:16 PM
DH and I are very involved in WoW. We've been playing for 3.5 years. We are gamer people. We have all kinds of games, but WoW takes the cake for us. We're very into our guild, which is ranked 2nd on our server for raiding.

mayness
12-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm allowed to hog the thread because I started it, right? ;)

I watch G4 a lot, and last night on X-Play (a show all about video games) they had their "Best of 2009" special. I only caught the second half, but of course that included the big one: Game of the Year.

The winner? Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. :?::?: I don't know a single person who plays this game! The other nominees are all games that many of my friends play (Assassin's Creed 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, I can't remember what else). But Uncharted 2? Huh? It's made by Naughty Dog games, which I haven't even HEARD of. And just now I read that it won Game of the Year at the VGAs too! Have any of you played it?

In other news, I started playing the single player stuff in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It's way more fun than I thought it would be. :D I'm using hubby's Steam account, so I can't do multiplayer without messing up his stuff, but I'm pretty sure I'd be awful at it anyway, so I doubt I'll buy my own account. :p

lizziep
12-16-2009, 01:07 PM
i haven't heard of uncharted either. weird. i would have thought game of the year would go to something like Fable 2.
we got borderlands. it's very pretty. but as i thought- i'm quite terrible at it. can't get the swing of things for FPS at all- camera angles, aiming the guns- even with the "help" on. and we were disappointed there was no real tutorial at the beginning of the game. that being said- we'll see how i feel about it after i've put some more time into it.

Oohpujie
12-17-2009, 09:59 PM
signed up for FFXIV beta yesterday! hope I get in :o

CanadianCutie
12-20-2009, 10:32 AM
My favourite game of all time would have to be Starcraft and the expansion Brood War. I played Everquest for years, in fact it will always hold a special place for me, since it's where I met my sweetie. After that we played World of Warcraft which I loved for about 5 months, then I got bored. Tried some of the free ones, the only one I really played for any length of time of those was MapleStory. The sweetie got me into the PC version of Phantasy Star Online, which is a lot of fun, and allows us "together" time when I'm back home.
Right now I've been playing The Sims 3 and the expansion, and I also love the tower defense type games, the best I think is Desktop Tower Defense.

MotoMichelle
01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Super late to the party here, but the DH and I are huge gamers. We only play on the PC, though.

We were major EQ1 addicts also. Played all through college. We moved on to WoW and still dabble in it, but not a whole lot.

Outside of MMORPGs we play all kinds of PC games. Currently we're big on Left 4 Dead 2, Torchlight (if you liked Diablo try this), I'm playing BioShock 1 for the first time, Dragon Age: Origins, and more.

We're so into it that we even do a weekly podcast about PC gaming: Monitor Tans (http://www.monitortans.com) :p

If any of you guys play on Steam look me up! My username is MichelleTX.

yellowsubgirly3
01-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I actually quit WoW a few months ago as well... My boyfriend bought me an Xbox360 for my birthday after I took a lot of interest in his.
Anyways, I quit WoW becuase I play my new xbox all the time. For some reason xbox live is addicting. I still miss WoW though. I miss roleplaying and running around on my mount. Sometimes having a storyline isn't as fun as you think like in xbox games. :)

30and300
01-22-2010, 02:06 AM
I play EQ2 and Lotro regularly (thought not as much as I used to), and have played tons of games in the past... City of Villains/Heroes for a year and a half, WoW for a year, FFXI for a year, AnarchyOnline for several years, Age of Conan for days (sigh), and before that I was pretty into MUDs like DragonRealms and Gemstone IV.

I play Left4Dead2 pretty often (the guy who made L4D1 is an alumni of my computer science department!), within the last year I played & completed Fable II (btw it's a really fun one Lizzie!), Mass Effect, Bioshock, and a few others.

I also play Rock Band 2 (singing/drums)!

Currently, I'm playing Arkham Asylum and waiting for Mass Effect 2 which comes out January 26.

Soooo... yep, I'm a gamer. Been one since I got a Nintendo as a kid. I don't play as much as it might seem, a few hours here or there since I'm pretty busy with school, but I still play as much as I can sneak in. =)

Technosexual
01-26-2010, 11:24 AM
I actively play WoW with my boyfriend. He just hit 70 on his Undead Warlock, and I'm about to hit 69 on my Blood Elf Death Knight. We play much more than I would prefer, but, whatever. He's a total WoW zombie on the weekends. He's much more serious about it than I am. I love making new characters, consisting of different races/classes, and then running around on them doing noob quests. He's very serious about his Warlock, and hates playing any other character. I can't wait for Cataclysm, very excited about more races getting the Druid class, and the Worgens!

I also have a 360, but, my live expired while I had a red ring of death issue. They gave me a free month when I got it back, but, by then, my Halo 3 was so far behind I couldn't even play matchmaking because I didn't have all the latest maps. This is probably a good thing, I use to pull all nighters playing Halo 3 obsessively. LOL.

Also, Nintendo DS. I play Animal Crossing every night in bed before I go to sleep.

mayness
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm glad this thread has had some activity again!

I've been playing the beta for Star Trek Online the past few days. I like it, but I'm not sure I'd play it enough to be worth the cost.. but DH seems to REALLY like it and it might be fun to play together (not that I've really figured out HOW to do anything with another person yet, it's been very single-player-ish so far).

I still haven't finished the single-player Modern Warfare 2 stuff. I think I'm almost done. I need to get around to that some time.

I got a new phone a while back, the Motorola Droid, and I've downloaded some little puzzle games, and a few emulators. My favorite ROM find so far is Tetris Attack for the SNES... I used to have that on my Game Boy, and I LOVED it, and this is the same thing but in color! Something fun to do on the bus anyway. :)

LovelyComplex
01-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm currently playing Little Big Planet (PS3) and Secret Agent Clank (PSP). :D

Technosexual
01-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Motorola Droid

OMG, how do you like it? My boyfriend and I have been drooling over this ever since we first seen the commercials for it.

meowy
01-26-2010, 08:09 PM
I love video games!!

My husband and I used to play EQ. We actually met on EQ! It started off where I saw a guy online for a long, long time.. and he never came to get his body that was right where I was hunting. So finally I sent him a tell and said dude, come get your stuff! Turns out he had been so drunk he didn't know where he died! So this guy comes out and starts hunting with me and then says "Hey, my roomate just got home from work, mind if he joins too?" I'm like sure, less work for me haha, and that's the first time I met my husband. (He was the roomate, not the drunk guy who lost his stuff haha) :)

Then went on and later played WoW, then Warhammer, now we play DDO! I love that game a lot, I have a rogue/fighter. I also have a wizard but dang it is hard to play when I am solo. Though we're playing not much since just before Christmas. Just haven't had time to play, between traveling, then being sick as cats for so long.. ugh!! I might play tonight though :) He's been busy playing another game, I think Civilization.. or a game that looks very similar. I also play games on my DS, I like the Scribblenauts game a lot lately. I can play it while riding the stationery bike hehe

I played DDR till a few months ago, it's just too painful with the hip pain. I miss playing, I didn't play with jumping on but still it was just too painful. Plus I play games at Kongregate too but lately not so many great ones haha. Theeen.... there's facebook hahaha. I love Farmville and Pet Society. I'd play PetVille more if they'd stop sending him to the pound! Ohmygosh that cat will not stay home, he needs to learn to cook for himself.. I built him a sweet kitchen and stocked it with soup cans!

We're both super geeky. The guys he works with are geeky too, they hop game to game.. then if they find a good one they let us all know and we'll probably play it too hehe. We all pop back to NWN or Oblivion at times, but I haven't loaded them in a while. I should.. I'm bored and too tired to crochet hehehe

But some of my favorite games are way girly. I love my NintenDogs so very much. I have one in particular named Molly. Then a little weenie dog named Sherlock. I don't get them out much these days, but I do love them hehe. I can't have a real dog bleh, so they're my dogs! I have never found anyone else with it to do the link up the game offers. I have the PetzCats one, but it's not very much fun. The old PC versions were far better with the breeding, and tricks and just the pixelated cuteness. I like the puzzle games too, especially Professor Layton and any of the mystery themed games.

p.s. In case it isn't obvious, I love video games :)

Technosexual
01-26-2010, 08:43 PM
LOL, I remember Dogz and Catz! That's old school!

My boyfriend and I are both hardcore geeks, and that's how we met.

I messaged him on MySpace, we talked about books and zombies and gaming and who knows what else, I don't even remember! LOL. But, we had a LOT in common.

MySpace turned into Yahoo! chatting.

We figured out that we both knew the manager at our local GameStop, and decided to meet for the April 29th 2008 release party of Grand Theft Auto IV.

We've been together since that day.

We both love gaming, although, he's much better than me. He's the one who has all the systems. I think he has every gaming system ever made, except for PS3 for some reason. He even has an original arcade machine, and might be getting another.

aliquot
01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I really miss gaming. I used to play Warcraft III, Diablo, Team Fortress Classic, etc, etc...but since I went to college I really haven't played anything because my laptop is not exactly conducive to gaming. It makes me sad.

fighting hungry
01-26-2010, 10:58 PM
My BF got me addicted to WoW.. OMG I've wasted so much time playing that game! We have 2 accounts, so we can play together.. but honestly even paying the monthly fee is cheaper than going out to eat at a decent restraunt, or even going to see one movie.. and its something that we can do together a few times a week.

Technosexual
01-26-2010, 11:17 PM
My BF got me addicted to WoW.. OMG I've wasted so much time playing that game! We have 2 accounts, so we can play together.. but honestly even paying the monthly fee is cheaper than going out to eat at a decent restraunt, or even going to see one movie.. and its something that we can do together a few times a week.

Going out to eat? Going to see a movie? What are these things you speak of? :lol:

Ambrosia
01-27-2010, 12:31 PM
I've been a gamer since I was a pre-teen. I still have alot of PS, PS2, Xbox and Gamecube games. As an adult, I don't play as much--I used to play eight hours straight. I'm addicted to the Sims--including the console versions. Last year, I bought an Xbox 360 and Assassin's Creed. Looking forward to the next Final Fantasy game for 360.

fighting hungry
01-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Going out to eat? Going to see a movie? What are these things you speak of? :lol:

A quick way to waste about $50 :lol:

mayness
01-28-2010, 08:53 AM
OMG, how do you like it? My boyfriend and I have been drooling over this ever since we first seen the commercials for it.

I love it... mostly I just love having a smartphone, I had a really basic cell phone before this, and it's amazing to be able to just jump on the internet and look up anything instantly. (Except at my MIL's house, she's in one of those 3G "dead zones" I guess, it never works!)

As for the Droid specifically... the screen is huge, the keyboard is adequate, the sound quality is great... there are a lot of apps in the Android market, definitely not as many as for the iPhone, but I've found pretty much anything I need (for free). I'm using it as my MP3 player now, too, and it has very nice sound. The best feature is probably the real GPS (not one of those cell phone triangulation "GPS" things that aren't very accurate) integrated with google maps.. it's really easy to use for navigation. And if you read reviews that say the camera is crap, you'll be happy to know they improved it a lot with the first big update they did, so it's decent now. And those AT&T commercials are right that you can't use the 3G internet and talk on the phone at the same time with Verizon... BUT you can use wifi internet and talk at the same time, and I've never even had a reason to do that, lol.

mayness
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
On another note, we bit the bullet (or... photon?) and bought Star Trek Online. :p If you pre-order, you get to start playing tomorrow, and we've got a friend coming to visit this weekend and wanted to show him the game... so we went ahead and ordered it through Steam.

Which means I have my own Steam account now... my name is MandarMay... feel free to add me as a friend!

xirene
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I am a self-confessed WoW junkie. We both play, but he's far more casual about it than I am. I spend way too much time playing it, and I agree that probably has contributed to weight gain/no weight loss. "Honey, we're in the middle of a raid, can you go get me some KFC?"

Flamethrower
06-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I used to play WoW but got bored of it pretty quickly.

Anyways, favourite games of all time, in no particular order:

-Final Fantasy VI/IV/X/TA
-Pokémon in general, but in particular the R/B/Y and G/S/C gens, which includes HeartGold and SoulSilver. This is probably obvious from my avatar xD
-Disgaea 1 and 2. Haven't played 3 yet.
-Makai Kingdom
-Harvest Moon (total guilty pleasure)
-Metal Gear Solid series (though I haven't played 4 yet, boo)
-Shinobi
-Katamari - How could anyone NOT love these games

I need to play moar games, but seriously don't have the time... exams... and I'd like to have a social life, lol.

Latchkey Princess
06-04-2010, 01:19 AM
I suppose I'd classify myself as a gamer chick. I play mostly the 360, but atm mine is out of commission so I'm not playing anything right now. Having kids also limits the amount of time and money I can spend on gaming. My favs are RPGs like Assassin's Creed and Fable, FF VIII is THE BEST game ever made and I'm desperately trying to save the $$ to get FF XIII. I'm decent at first person shooters, I like the Call of Duty games and am a big fan of Halo. I've never been much of a PC gamer, but dh likes his PC strategy games. Right now since my 360 is kaput I play mostly on our PS2 and our Wii.

flamethrower~ I LOVE Harvest Moon! I've been playing it ever since it was on the SNES. Honestly one of the reasons I bought the Wii was so I could play Tree of Tranquility. :-)

Halfhazard
06-04-2010, 01:31 AM
I mostly play RPGs and the occasional FPS.

I actually met my boyfriend of many years through an MMORPG (Ragnarok Online, to be exact.)

My favorite game ever is probably Persona 4. Currently I am trying to work my way through Okami and Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Haha, guilty pleasure for me too.) I'm also strangely addicted to Mario Kart Wii right now.

As for FPS, I love Killing Floor and Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2. I haven't gotten to play much lately, since I'm super busy and so are the friends I generally play with.

ohlove
06-04-2010, 01:50 AM
The Legend of Zelda is my absolute favorite series. I love the combination of action and puzzle solving and the characters/storylines. FFVII is an awesome game too. But lately I've mostly been playing Wii/virtual consol games and Rockband with my best friend or with his family for fun. I started playing NES when I was three, and still like Nintendo games the best. :D

Shyanara
06-04-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm a WoW-addict, too, though right now I have no motivation at all, so I'm only playing once a week, when we have our own small achievement raid going. But I just know I'll be back for Cataclysm! I've been playing for five years now, kind of scary...

There was only one single-player game that ever caught me, Zanzarah. And I've tried plenty of games in the last years, but none of them kept my interest up for longer than ten minutes...

And right now, my husband is feeding me lots of information on GuildWars 2, that looks interesting... I just love MMOs, because I like the company when playing. It has actually saved me from being too lonely during the dark winter months, being unemployed in a city where I knew no-one.

Flamethrower
06-04-2010, 04:59 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only person who wishes they were a farmer sometimes lol. Harvest Moon games don't have much to them but MY GOD they're SO FUN. I don't even know why.

I really want to play Assassin's Creed I and II. My brother has them, I just don't have tiiiime. They look so good though. I'm also gonna get FFXIII after my exams are over.

Halfhazard
06-04-2010, 04:55 PM
No, I totally agree. Harvest Moon is SO addictive. It's just doing the same thing for hours on end, but...for some reason there is something so mesmerizing about it lol.

I'm thinking about getting Heavy Rain, but I'd have to go over to my boyfriend's to play it since I don't have a PS3. Sometimes I just want to screw platform gaming and move completely to PC...

CanadianCutie
06-05-2010, 03:46 PM
I played through Dragon Age and its expansion Awakening. Loved it. Planning on starting another play through of it in a few minutes actually. Boyfriend and I have been playing Diablo 2 recently (we need a multiplayer game that we can play together so when we're apart the distance doesn't seem as far). When I was down visiting him we played family feud together on facebook. I also just started Starcraft over again. I'm so excited for Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. I have it preordered. *does happy dance*
I also have my Wii, and I just bought two games from a Video Store that was closing. I got 9 Movies, and 2 Wii Games for 70 dollars. I am quite happy with that purchase.

Pacifica Bee
06-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Me and the hubby are both gamers.. we actually met in WoW!

I played EQ for 7 years, then WoW since beta which I still casually play. In between the two and for various amounts of time, I've played: EQ2, FFXI, COH, LoTRO, Aion, tons of the freebie MMOs, Ragnarok, Age of Conan. I can't even think of them all.

As you can see, I play MMOs mostly, and some PC games (love the Tycoon games, Plants Vs Zombies, Majesty 2, Diablo II, Warcraft, Starcraft, ... well I have a Steam account with 37 games currently installed, if that gives you a better idea) . The only consoles that I ever really got into are Little Big Planet and Fable 2.

Right now, I'm waiting for Cataclysm and GuildWars 2 (which looks freaking AWESOME) and Fable 3 which is on the horizon.

Nice to see some like minded junkies!

Alita
06-06-2010, 06:33 AM
I haven't been at playing as much as I used to, just busy with other things I guess....but I have been playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 recently with some friends, I love it :D. I've kinda started Prototype as well but my boyfriend has has been playing it non stop so I don't know when I'll be able to finish it lol -_-. Another one I'm playing is Trials HD lol, fantastic game - Very addictive lol.

I love Final Fantasy but I didn't get FFXIII due to some people saying it sucked and not really liking the characters from what I saw D: I am however really looking forward to FF Vs XIII - PS3 exclusive - it looks awesome. I also love Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God of War, Phantasy Star, Resident Evil, Uncharted, Burnout, Grand Theft Auto, etc loooad of others.

I have a really good PC now which I built with the help of a friend, so I guess I could play an MMORPG or two...I really like the look of Aion and I really wish I had the time and money...but I don't D:

kgriff
06-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I am an on-again/off-again gamer chick. I play mainly WoW, but also Farmville on Facebook at times. I used to be a hardcore WoW'er, playing 6-7 hours at a time late into the night, even staying up all night sometimes. I took a year off (around the time WoLK came out) and detoxed myself and now play once or twice a week on a different server than the one I used to be on. Since I had to start new toons (or pay to move my others ones to the new realm), I find that most people don't want to help level the low-level toons because they are so wrapped up with raids and high-level dungeons, so it's slow going for me. <sigh> Leaves me more time to exercise...

bidoof
06-10-2010, 06:00 AM
My first post would be in a thread like this. I love to game.

RPGs dominate my game collection, but I do branch out every now and then. I thoroughly enjoyed games like Assassin's Creed I/II, Bully, ICO, Rule of Rose, Guilty Gear, and (almost) every Harvest Moon released in NA. Actually, I'm currently playing Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (just one more bell!).

Some favorites include the Shadow Hearts series, Persona 4, Skies of Arcadia, Legend of Mana, Pokégames, Tales of the Abyss, and so much more. I don't want to head into tl;dr territory.

Unfortunately I've never been able to get into MMORPGs. I've tried Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE and Ragnarok. They both were deleted within a week. 8'(

And now for something topic appropriate. Does anyone have a Playfire account? I'm junes there. Add me if you'd like!

MutableParadox
06-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Yay gamer post! I'm sad I went this long with out it!

I am an MMORPG junkie, although late to the game. I started with WoW the summer before BC came out. I still play WoW and am really excited for Cata. expansion to come out. Not a hard core player as in no raiding, but I just play a lot! I love it.

I also have a subscription to LOTRO, although they are going free to play in the winter sometime.

I have tried but couldn't get into: EQ2, Aion, Star Trek Online, CoH/CoV (that I can remember)

I have a 360 but rarely play it anymore. Unfortunately I really only have time to dedicate myself to 1 game and that is WoW. =T

@bidoof I never knew about Playfire but perhaps I will sign up looks neat!

Mikan
06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
My fave games are:
Harvest Moon (Seems to be popular!) :)
The Sims 2 & 3
Zelda
and Mario games
and last year I played too much maplestory.

xirene
06-12-2010, 08:18 PM
For those who do play WoW- what server/faction are you? I have Alliance toons on Silver Hand, and Horde on Moon Guard.

kgriff
06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
For those who do play WoW- what server/faction are you? I have Alliance toons on Silver Hand, and Horde on Moon Guard.

I have both Horde and Alliance toons on Echo Isles and only Horde toons on Eldre Thelas. I guess I am partial to the Horde? ;)

I don't play on Echo Isles too much any more because I live on the East Coast and it's a West-Coast server, so the raids and things start WAY too late. I'm mostly found on Eldre Thelas.

My most-played toons there are Janglina and Saucily.