Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Default It's finally working!!!

Ok so I have been trying to lose weight for months!!! I started in May. In July I got the Gowear Fit. I continue to stay about the same. My highest was 159, my lowest was 151.5. I just fluxuated within that. My goal the past several months has always been the same, just get below 150. It just didn't seem to happen.

Then at the beginning of November I went off my birth control. I had missed my new shot due to the swine flu and I was told that I had to wait several weeks to make sure I wasn't pregnant. I was still feeling really crappy and the next 2 weeks I didn't really pay attention to anything. I was just struggling to work....

About 3 weeks ago (1 week b4 thanksgiving) I was ready to get restarted. And after talking to my dh we agreed not to back on the bc for awhile to see if that could have been the issue. My WI the day after thanksgiving was 153.

As of today I am 149.8!!!!!! Its working! I wasn't going to believe it until I made it under 150. Now I can believe it.

I'll tell you what, I am not going back on that stupid BC until I reach goal. The way I figure it is I know how to maintain on BC but losing is impossible. Now I am losing EXACTLY what the GWF estimates. It's amazing. It's like my body is working again

FYI - I hesitated to post this because sometimes I feel like my struggles aren't that big cuz I'm not hugely overweight, but I thought this might help someone else.

Candice
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Congrats Candice! That's awesome! I have been considering going off my bc as well...this being one of the reasons.
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5"4

Congratulations!!! I am off my BC too. It really makes a difference.
kaylasmom010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Awesome girl!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #5  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

This is exactly why I tell my dh I do not want to get on bc! lol
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I will swear up and down that BC triggered Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) in me. From the day I started taking BC I could not, could not lose weight! I only gained.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #7  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I'm glad you posted! I remember seeing some of your posts earlier and thinking "if she can't do it, there's no way I can..." You seemed to be doing everything right! I started really trying to get in shape in June, @ 5 lbs less than you and 1" shorter, so we are on a similar path. It takes me a month to lose a single pound, then I gained almost all of it back while on vacation at Thanksgiving. I started running and I gained weight.

But I'm still plugging along... trying to figure out what to change. Not on BC so no option for jettisoning that, haha

Congratulations on seeing some results! That is really good news and you have earned it.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Thank you guys soooo much. I believe what a weight is lifted!!! I highly recommend the GWF though. That is a big art of it.
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote