Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 385/385/230

Height: 6"1

Default Just made cookie dough......

Woo Hoo! Go me...I just made cookie dough for my mom to bake and I didn't eat ANY of it. Now the old me would have eaten half the batter and then made the cookies and been like "Why is there only this many cookies, it says it make's 12 dozen." I want a new life so bad! I want out with the old and in with the new! I was watching the biggest loser night and I can't believe some of those guys lost over 200lbs in 5 months!!!! I wish I could do that! I can't even get myself to go to the gym. I hate going alone. I feel like everyone is looking and me and watching me and I hate that, and all the work-out buddies I have flake out on me! If anyone wants to be my weight lose buddy on here PLEASE let me know!!!! I could really use the help.

Last edited by Kady1202; 12-09-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: spelled something wrong
Kady1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

Good job! That's awesome, so hard to resist that stuff!
I'll definitely be your buddy if you're interested!

Last edited by nicollem; 12-09-2009 at 04:01 PM.
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 385/385/230

Height: 6"1

Yes I would love it!!!!!!!!
Kady1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

woot woot! you must be strong girl, i cant go anywhere near that stuff without eating it! haha.

i watched the biggest loser finale last night too... it got me so motivated!!
we can do this!!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

Kady - I noticed you're new so you don't have PM yet? You can email me [email protected]
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Major accomplishment not eating the dough! I made some cookies a few weeks ago, and there I was, sampling the dough like old times. I find it REALLY hard to resist cookie dough -- it's something I definitely need to stay away from. Keep up the great work!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

I know what you mean about flaky workout buddies.

Buddy1 says yeah come up every week we will go walk first week well the kids havent ate Im gonna get em a pizza.
After taking a short walk.

Second week I really want Wendys Im gonna go get us something...

Third week I just didnt bother to go
Buddy2 wants me to drive a very long distance to walk at the mall will never go to just walk at the park or somewhere always has to be at the mall. Get there and she says well the little ones haven ate lets get something to eat which ends up at a sit down expensive nothing healthy on the menu place. And then she stops and gets ice cream, cookies and coffee drinks.

My hubby is the only one I even bother trying to work out with now. And he works a lot so on days Id like to go but dont want to go alone it makes it hard. But I guess the only person you cant count on is yourself
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Great job avoiding that cookie dough! Regarding the gym, I know exactly what you mean. I live in a very body conscious community where every woman looks like she just stepped out of a Shape magazine cover shoot, so I was humiliated to go to the gym. But you know what? I didn't let it stop me. Now, I'm there nearly every day and when I get off the machine, I look like someone dumped a bucket of sweat on me. I think that putting those thoughts aside has helped me a lot. I really hope you can try to forget what anyone thinks. People judge us in or out of the gym, but we mustn't let that stop us from reaching for our goals. I hope that didn't sound preachy. I think you can really do this and I hope you hit the gym too. You're off to a fabulous start and the start is the hardest part (well, that and maintaining, but no point in worrying about that, now).
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Going to the gym alone was a big issue for me as well. Then it finally dawned on me that 1-If other people there have nothing better to do than stare at the fat girl on the elliptical, they should re-evaluate having the membership, 2-At least this fat girl IS on the elliptical and not sitting on the couch eating cake and 3-I finally realized I DONT CARE what they think! Now i go almost every day, and i love it. I enjoy my workouts so much that sometimes i truly have to make an effort not to be grinning like an idiot when I've made a breakthrough, or even just having a great workout, lol... I'm wierd though lol
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #10  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! If you keep at it and persevere, you WILL have a new life. It can be hard to rely on others when it comes to working out, and don't let anyone deter you from going to the gym. A lot of times we think everyone is looking at us and judging us, when most often people are in their own world, and not really paying attention to us at all.
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

That's awesome! Not eating the cookie dough is huge!!!!
I'm a big cookie dough eater and I haven't even attempted to make them since I don't think I have the will power yet! So I definitely understand what an accomplishment this is!
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #12  

Height: 5'11"

I LOVE cookie dough so I would have had a hard time staying out of it. Good for you!

As for the gym--I don't think people are looking. I go to a Gold's gym which has a lot of really fit, nice-looking people. It also has a lot of less fit people, including old folks, office people with a paunch, and yes, obese people. I've never, ever noticed anyone staring at me (even at my heaviest) or staring at any of the super morbidly obese people. Honestly, everyone seems to just be focused on their own workout (the gym is actually full of self-absorbed people!).

Yeah, sometimes it's nice to have a workout buddy. But really, it's nice to go alone. I can do what I want--take a class, run on the treadmill, whatever. I can stay for 90 minutes or for 20, because I'm there on my own.

I say give it a shot. Be brave; I think that once you get over the initial fear of going, you'll find that there are all body types at the gym and you will fit right in. And if someone does stare, flip 'em off. (Just kidding, but wouldn't it be nice if we could do that?)
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #13  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Kady Great Job on not eating the cookie dough. When I read your post it reminded me of my sister. We both joined a gym together and I am over 100 LBS overweight and my sister maybe 40 Lbs overweight. Well my sister felt self conscience about working out in the main gym , so she would work out in the woman's only room. I'm the one more overweight and it doesn't both me a bit. I joined a gym to lose weight and if people want to stare when they could look at those skinny woman let them. One day I hope to be that slimmer weight. So don't waste your gym membership. There will always be people looking at us overweight woman. In and Outside of the gym. That'
s another reason to lose weight. I hope I didn't upset you with this email. It's just that I let to many people effect what I do and I'm trying to not let people get to me like they use to.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

Per the gym, I used to feel the same way. Very self conscious. Then I realized, I pay JUST as much every month as they do, I have every right to be there...

I still am a little self conscious when running on the treadmill, I can only do about 8 minutes at a time, and when next to the skinny mini in spandex who's running for an hour at a time, it's a little frustrating, but she's so engrossed in her running she has no idea I'm even there.

I look forward to the gym every day now. I didn't, at first. My first month was misery every day, but I forced myself to go, to get that habit formed. After that first month, it became easier, and I really started to enjoy it.

And then, I started meeting people at the gym, the office staff started knowing me by name, and I began working with a personal trainer, and now the gym is comforting.
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I would NEVER dare buy cookie dough because I WILL eat it. Huge binge trigger for me. So, I buy cookie dough icecream and feel so delightfully bad when I pick the cookie dough pieces out of my 1/2 cup icecream.

Good job on resisting the temptation. Well, the gym is pretty rough place. I remember when I went last..and saw all the beautiful people working out and felt so out of place. I just concentrated on what I was doing, and worked really hard, but...I still don't like it. I work out at home. I have enough "gym" stuff I stay committed without all eyes on me.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote