Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/174/135

Height: 5ft 1

Default Preparing Myself, Any suggestions?

Hi all,
I am a newbie. I have been reading your boards for about 2 weeks now and had my consultation last Friday and am preparing to go back this Friday to class and to get my menu, however I am nervous about going grocery shopping before that time. I don't want to go to the store and buy a bunch of items I can't use for my first menu?

I am also nervous because I live 3 hours away from the center, and am only going there once a week to weigh in....I hope I don't miss out on things, ideas, etc by not attending all the classes? Any thoughts or advice?

You will probably start hearing from me often as I may need to lean on you all as I go through this journey. Thanks in advance for any help, thoughts, advice, etc.
WWDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6''

WWDT - First of all...Welcome! This is a great comunity of people who are also on MRC and we're really good at encouraging and understanding each other. There are lots of us that only WI once a week (like me) and it will be just fine. AS far as the classes go, they are beneficial, but unless you run into a specifc reason to attend one, you'll survive without them as well. Plus there is probably someone on this board who has attended all of the classes, so we might be able to share wisdom.

My suggestion for shopping is to buy enough things from your pre-conditioning menu to get you through until Friday and then plan on shopping after that. There are several things on the pre-cond menu that aren't on your plan menu. We could list them, but it would be a big list.

Stay active here. We'll help as much as possible! Again...welcome!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDT View Post
Hi all,
I am a newbie. I have been reading your boards for about 2 weeks now and had my consultation last Friday and am preparing to go back this Friday to class and to get my menu, however I am nervous about going grocery shopping before that time. I don't want to go to the store and buy a bunch of items I can't use for my first menu?

I am also nervous because I live 3 hours away from the center, and am only going there once a week to weigh in....I hope I don't miss out on things, ideas, etc by not attending all the classes? Any thoughts or advice?

You will probably start hearing from me often as I may need to lean on you all as I go through this journey. Thanks in advance for any help, thoughts, advice, etc.
Welcome! I remember so much feeling nervous and overwhelmed when I started this program.....just a day at a time. When I saw the menu for the first time I literally wanted to cry as felt so overwhelmed....but one foot in front of the other and it's all doable.

I hope you'll find this site as helpful and supportive as I have.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/144/145

Height: 5'3"

WWDT - Welcome! I too am a long distance member because I live an hour and a half away from my center. I will be unable to attend classes as well. These boards are full of information and everyone is really helpful. May I ask what center you joined in Iowa? I go back Saturday for my food instruction and menus. I was curious about the grocery list too but was advised to shop after I get my menu. We have all been snowed in this week and I am truly hoping I can make it to Omaha on Saturday like I planned. Good luck.
leigh529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi all,

That is great that you are "chatting" on this forum. Reading and asking questions here has been a Godsend for me. I too am going to the center just once a week. Wow...a 3 hour drive, you must be truly dedicated to your health. Welcome and good luck on your journey.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #6  

Thanks all for the words of encouragement! I actually live in West Des Moines Iowa and am attending the center in Lincoln Nebraska. I am from the Lincoln area and moved to Iowa a little of a year ago. However, my mother is battling pancreatic cancer so I go back to Lincoln every weekend to help her and my dad out.
I too an suppose to get my menu and food instruction on Friday, but have been snowed in and am afriad I am not going to make it back this weekend. I have called the center this morning and waiting for a call back to see if they can visit with me via phone and email the menu....I hope that we can make that work, I really don't want to pre-condition for 2 weeks, I am just so ready to get started!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/154/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good Luck on the program WWDT. I also go to the Lincoln MRC--hope you made it to food instruction class tonight.
malachite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/144/145

Height: 5'3"

I had my food instruction class yesterday and they started me on the Metaslim (yellow) menu. I like that it tells you exactly what and how much you can have. I don't do well if I have to many choices. WWDT, did you make it to food instruction. If not maybe they can talk to you over the phone. I had a one on one food instruction class because I could not make the regular class. Don't be afraid to ask for phone or email help. They even gave me all of my menus just in case I can't make it in for a while. Every one is so helpful. Good luck and praying for better weather.
leigh529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #9  

I did make it to food instruction! I got back to Iowa tonight and have been to the store, so I am ready to start the yellow menu tomorrow!!! I too am glad it spells out everything for you as to what to eat and the amounts. One question I did not ask, so I will ask it here, is when it calls for 4 oz of chicken, turkey, etc. is that the cooked weight or raw weight?

Thanks to everyone's comments....I will have to let you know how the first 4 days go...I am so ready to get started!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #10  
Melissa

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I did make it to food instruction! I got back to Iowa tonight and have been to the store, so I am ready to start the yellow menu tomorrow!!! I too am glad it spells out everything for you as to what to eat and the amounts. One question I did not ask, so I will ask it here, is when it calls for 4 oz of chicken, turkey, etc. is that the cooked weight or raw weight?

Thanks to everyone's comments....I will have to let you know how the first 4 days go...I am so ready to get started!
The 4oz is the cooked weight. Welcome to the board and good luck on your journey!
MrsBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #11  

Thanks so much for the quick response on my protein question! I love this board!
Have a great week!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #12  

WWDT welcome! This board is the bestest!
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote