Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 07:48 PM   #1  

Default Smart Technique

Has anyone one tried the Smart Technique tapes/cd's by The Mommies? I have seen their infomercials a few times, and looks intriguing. The tapes are supposed to help change the way you think about food, and your eating habits.
Sounds like a good idea to me, just hate to spend that much money on something that may not help.
Anyone used this?
Hope2
Old 08-03-2002, 11:36 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Looks like a waste of money to me...

I checked out the website. $100 for what sounds like stuff that's already out there...oh I see...the big gimmick here (and there's always a gimmick) is the self-hypnosis "reprogramming your mind to be thin". Nothing new here - these kinds of audio and/or video self hypnosis products have been out for decades - it's just a different marketing spin, that's all. I have never watched or even heard of "The Mommies" but judging from their mini bio on the website, I wouldn't exactly call them experts in the fields of nutrition, psychology, or weight loss. I'm sure they're making quite a substantial amount of money, though, from putting their faces and name on this QUESTIONABLE (to say the least) product.

ANY weight-loss plan that claims to be "easy and effortless" should cause a red light to flash. All of us know that losing weight is far from easy and effortless!

Actually a good rule of thumb is to stay away from infomercial weight-loss products altogether...or wait about 3-6 months and buy a used set for around $15 when the used ones start showing up on eBay in droves (just like a kajillion other "easy and effortless" infomercial weight-loss products)!
Old 08-11-2002, 06:28 PM   #3  

Thumbs down You are feeling very full...

I tried a similar program years ago and then again last year. But if this tell you anything - I paid ALOT of money and went to a Hypno-therapist that was considered one of the best. My tapes were custom made specifically to my situation as well as the subliminal tapes. I even had a hypnotic video.

First off - I have no idea why I ever did it again because it didn't work the first time and suprise, it didn't work the second time. So I can't imagine "stock" tapes and "stock"subliminals would work.

The only positive that came out - I was able to uncover other issues through the live one on one hypnosis sessions - unrelated to weight - that would help me understand some other issues in my life - but then I had to work to change them myself.

I don't know if the program comes with affirmations - but that is something I strongly believe and those do work - but you can do them for FREE. Just write down some positive statements and say them to yourself every morning. - sounds corny but they do make you feel better and you start believing.

I actually get a good laugh everytime I click past the infomercial as I think my hynosis sessions.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:26 AM   #4  

I am using these tapes now and actually am finding them very helpful. They are not hypnosis as much as relaxation techniques. I am really enjoying the added benifit of more restful sleep. I have only been doing them for 2 weeks. I start on the 3rd week tape tomorrow and I already do feel a difference in the way my clothing fits. I am also drinking a lot more water and eating a lot more fresh fruit and vegetables.

If you would like to read more about the experience of people who are using these you may want to visit

http://chat.provida.com/cgi-bin/ib2/forums.cgi?forum=26

I am not saying that these will work for everyone but they do offer a 6 week money back guarantee. That is less the cost of shipping.
Closed Thread