Old 12-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159.8/159.2/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Tomorrow is the day

Do you ever just say to yourself, tomorrow (or Monday, or next month, or next year) is the day? And then tomorrow comes, but you make it halfway through and fail miserably? I feel like I have tons of those days.

I decided today that my old way of doing things obviously wasn't working, and that's how I ended up here. I'm hoping that by joining a community of others who share a common goal that I will be motivated like never before!

Any tips or stories of overcoming your own "tomorrow" stories would be very welcome!
blaise5669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I'm sure every one of us has had those days and a lot of them...I know I have. We wouldn't all be here if we hadn't had those days! I in fact, *STILL* have those days, BUT the difference now is, every time I have a "slip-up", I immediately get myself back on the wagon. For example, if I eat something I shouldn't eat (like a fast food burger), I don't get discouraged and quit...the *very next meal* I get myself back on track....I don't wait until *tomorrow*. If there is a day I'm being completely lazy and blow off my exercise, I'm up the very next morning doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I had one of those days yesterday--I had planned to get a workout in, but I didn't do it. So this morning I was up at 6:30am working out!

You're not going to be PERFECT all the time--none of us are. But when you have a slip-up, don't beat yourself up over it and give up! You can do this!!

You have come to a GREAT place for support and motivation!! Keep coming back on a regular basis--get involved in some challenge threads, check out the goal/mini-goal photo albums--they're very motivational and inspiring! Best of luck to you!!!!!
Amba Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i have tons of those days too. But on those days I actually make plans for tomorrow. For me, just saying "tomorrow I will try harder/do better" isnt enough. I like to go the whole hog and have a colour co-ordinated excel spreadhsheet xD But it works for me well, most of the time >.<
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #4  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I have a bunch of those days. I agree with Amba...if you slip up it's easier to get back on track if you start on the very next meal...not the next day.

Plan, plan, plan. I think many times people (or at least me) fail halfway through the day is because we don't plan enough ahead of time. plan your meals days in advance...make sure you have everything you need for those meals. get healthy snacks for those sudden munchie attacks.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #5  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Planning is the KEY. If i have a "tomorrows the day" day, I make sure i mean it. That means i go to the grocery store and stock up on healthy food, and make time in the schedule to exercise. Then I wake up thinking "today is the day" because I know i'm ready!!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I needed someone to wake up with me on those tomorrows. I can plan until the cows come home, but I lose all desires overnight, every single time. (I really hate mornings...).
But having someone there who could look over at me and say "hello, today is "today!!!"" and call me out made a world of a difference.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
I like to go the whole hog and have a colour co-ordinated excel spreadhsheet xD But it works for me well, most of the time >.<
Ha! That's me, too! I just made up some dry erase boards with star magnets to show which things I've done (and still need to do!). I have spreadsheets to keep track of my weight/measurements, calories, etc. It really helps me to *see* it. The problem I tend to have is that if I slip up, I know I've messed up, and I don't want to see it anymore, so I either stop keeping track or don't write it down. But I'm trying to work out my issues.

Already today, I'm behind- planned on getting up at 5, but hubby convinced me to stay in bed until 7, by which point I was hungry and didn't want to get on the treadmill right after I ate. But I'm on my way now. Goal is 2 hours of exercise today- treadmill, yoga ball, and toning!

Thanks to everyone for the support!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #8  

Just finished 2 hours of working out- 1 on the treadmill, and 1 doing floor work. Time for lunch, and then some more Christmas baking. No eating excess *fingers crossed*