Simply Filling/Core - Core Chat Thread for Monday, December 7, 2009 through Sunday, December 13, 2009

Vickie
12-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm grumpy....and NOT one of the 7 Dwarfs!

I only lost .4 despite 6 days straight of exercise and 1600 calories a day. Oh well. All I can do is keep trying.

I hope you are all well. I have a million errands to run, including seeing the alterations lady!

ontarget
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Vickie, I'm grumpy, too, but it's because I've been off program. Ya'll are right. I'm happier when I'm op.

Vickie, .4 is better than a gain, but I know you've worked hard and are deserving a better loss. I am proud of you for staying focused.

Maryann, congratulations to you on your 5 lb loss. That is impressive. I keep yo-yo'ing because of popping on and off program. I'm still down 10 pounds from August, but I have a long way to go.

We spread some holiday cheer to our neighbors today. Tomorrow, Thurs., and Fri I'm subbing. I need to work harder at being op every day. Other than that--life is good.

Tejas
12-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Vickie: you've lost over 40 pounds...just keep going, even though the rewards on the scale are slow to come.

I'm back in Toronto and tired. But, I go back to my weight training class tomorrow in the morning, and I've missed it. I didn't do nearly enough exercise while I was in Texas, but cleaning up after sick kids ought to count for something other than sainthood!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Rhonda

Vickie
12-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Awwww Sandra, you and Rhonda make me feel so good! I will keep at it because my health depends upon it. Something has to give sooner or later, right?

Mary Ann, congratulations on the loss. I wish my body would give up the fight!

Gotta go eat and get on the treadmill. I'll be back.

beach bum
12-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi Ladies

Had to go to church this morning for The Immaculate Conception,after I want to Walmarts to buy a few items,and than home to start my dinner.

This afternoon I have to go to our insurance company and discuss what options I have to up my home owner policy. Leo had our deductions at $250,I think its too low and want to rise it up to $500 or $1000. If it now too expensive will go for the latter.

Thanks Ladies for your congrats. Hope I will be out of the 170's again and stay out. I guess I just have to watch what I eat and also watch the portion sizes will be the keys to open the lock to weight loss.

VICKIEThanks for starting us up,Congrats on your .4 a loss is a loss. That what I usually lose.

SANDRA-Thanks for the congrats I think it had to do with all the eating out when I was at my sisters. Now that I'm in a controlled environment [my home] I did manage to loss I hope that I will be out of the 170's again.

RHONDA-I can imagine you being tire going back and forth to Texas. Hope you will find deserved rest.

Have to go,will be back tomorrow.

Hugs :) Maryann

Tejas
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I went to exercise (weights) this morning and found some of them harder to do than before. It might have to do with fatigue and getting BOTH 'flu shots yesterday.

I've had too many calories today, I think so I'm going to have only yogurt for dinner. I had a cabbage roll for lunch and it seemed so heavy to me. Oh well, I could have made much worse choices.

Maryann and Vickie, just keep on keeping on, as we all have to do. That's what we're here for. A steady 1/2 pound loss a week will get 25 pounds off in a year. That's nothing to sneeze at!

It is cold here in Toronto now. We have a tiny bit of snow, with more in the forecast. But, we set a record...the last time we didn't have any snow until December was in the mid-1800's. Our November was very mild. Last night the streets and sidewalks were slippery. I'm not going to miss that one little bit.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Rhonda

ontarget
12-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Vickie, I love your attitude. Yep, those scales are going to cooperate soon. Just keep on keepin' on.

Maryann, wish I was in the 170's. Guess I should try working more than wishing.

Rhonda, you had to be weak after all your body's been through with food poisoning and exhaustion from working on your sainthood. I'm proud of you for being true to your exercise.

I subbed 4th grade today and had a good experience. The kids are adorable. Now I'm home with my feet up. :lol:

Oh, yes, I'm op.

sloanie
12-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey chicks, it's DREARY here in Nashville, TN :rain: It has been pouring all day!!! It's cold, but not cold enough to snow. I've been hanging around program today, not strict but not far off either. We had the "goodie" buffet today, and I had only one bite of a couple of things. All in all, I did much better than I have in years past.

Rhonda, I know you will be so happy to be in Texas permanently. I wonder if you will miss the winter weather eventually? When I was younger, we had some pretty good snows in Jan and Feb, but in the last few years we have not had much. I find that I miss them! Weird, huh?

Sandra, on program and off program is the story of my life! Just try to have more days on than days off and you'll be fine. I am focusing on maintaining until January, and then I will set better goals.

Maryann, congrats on the five pounds. I hate working on business stuff. I'm sorry that you are having to go through that! Hang in there.

Vickie, you are gonna be okay, because you are focused and have some pretty important reasons to be successful. If you keep at it, things will start to move. :yes:

I've got to get busy with school work. Only 8 more school days left!!

Tejas
12-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I've been looking at the weather maps, Sloanie. I can see that you're getting soaked. Poor Vickie, are you snowed in yet?

No, Sloan, I'm not going to miss the snow and cold weather very much at all. If I do, I'll just fly up, or go see my nephew in Colorado! I love the way snow looks when it first falls, and how it drapes on trees, and mounds up on the ground. But, I can do without it, I'm pretty sure.

I had soup, not yogurt, for dinner. I needed something warm.

My roomie and I are going to spinning class at 6:30AM tomorrow, or at least that's the plan!

Rhonda

ontarget
12-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Curtis and I are going to take a walk at Hulen Park (old swimming pool park in Cleburne) tomorrow.

Tejas
12-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Ah, Sandra, Hulen Park. I remember it well.

So, Sloanie...here's the real deal on snow today: it is sopping wet, cold and heavy. My boots leak, and it's time to leave!

I went to spinning class and my feet were wet and frozen by the time I got there. I am not buying new boots for the week. My roomate is going to loan me her "wellies" (Wellington) boots so I can stay dry. They won't be warm, but I can stand it.

BBL, stay OP!

Rhonda

Vickie
12-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm a bit crazy this morning but should be able to come back later and catch up.

It's snowing and blowing......in the Windy City by the Lake.....but so far the worst of it has gone north of us. The benefits of being a south side girl!

Gotta get on the treadmill. I'll be back.

beach bum
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi Ladies :)

Weather this morning was bad lots of rain and wind up to 60MPH.Lots of garage cans were blowing in the wind and one of the neighbors doesn't use garbage bags and her cover came off and all of her garbage is in everyone lawn.From tuna fish cans to dirty disposable diapers. Hope she clean up the mess in our yard. Had a busy morning went out to the bank and I was drenched had to change my my socks & shoes.

Now I'm doing my Laundry,and cleaning up the mess that I collected in the loft.

RHONDA-I have to exercise again,by getting on my:ebike: bike and do some spinning.Can't believe the sun is trying to come out but it too late to go out and do some walking,but than again I did walk up and down the stair case for a while so I'm going to count that as exercising.

SANDRA-I was under the 170's but being away from a controlled environment go me back up again,hope that's not the case when I go down to my DD this Christmas :tree: holiday.

SLOAN-Thanks :thanks: for the congrats.I went to the insurance agent and she told me that since I live in a condo type house I only have to worry about the inside of my house as the condo will pay of any damage to the outside of the house[including window's, doors, roofs etc] Called the president of the association and she going though the same thing as I am and will let me know what the Master Policy will cover. Don't like doing business stuff either but I have to now that Leo's gone.

VICKIE-Lucky we don't have :snow4:snow ,but it very windy now,hopefully we will have better weather tomorrow as I like to get my Christmas gift shopping done.

Have a great afternoon must get my laundry in the dryer.

Tejas
12-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Well, Maryann, even though you don't want to do those chores, it sounds like you're on top of them. It's difficult to have to pick up all the pieces.

The snow slowed down today but it seems to be picking up again. I'm at home reading a student paper and trying not to snack. DRINK WATER!

My arms are sooooo sore from the shots and yesterday's weight lifting. OUCH.

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda

ontarget
12-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Looks like winter weather all around. We're in the 20's here tonight.

I am op. I'm exercising and making good eating choices. I have even drunk quite a bit of water, but prob not enough. I'm feeling more in control.

Maryann, did your neighbor pick up her trash? I understand your not being happy about being back in the 170's. That makes me think of how unhappy I was when I regained back to the 170's. Now I'd be happy to be back there. Guess it's a totally different feeling going up than going down.

Vickie, stay warm.

You, too, Rhonda. We'll try to get Texas to warm up before you get here.

Tejas
12-10-2009, 04:55 AM
I've been awake for an hour, listening to the wind blowing outside. There isn't more snow, but my goodness, it's loud out there.

My Toronto friends are arranging lunches and dinners for my last week here. It's going to be very difficult to contain myself! But, I'm mostly having fun, while still dealing with the drudgery of everyday work and still packing a few books.

But, I'm counting my blessings, as well as my calories.

Rhonda

Vickie
12-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Rhonda, lordy you were up early. Me too but I'm getting ready for the cleaning lady. I've got a very busy day of errands. Gotta get those last few Christmas presents bought.

blessedwithsarah
12-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi everyone! What a busy week. Where did it go?? I've got just next week for work and I'm off until after Christmas. I've been taking the week before christmas off for a couple years, its when I can get all the last minute things done. Next weekend is the Church pagent on Saturday night and then Sunday I have my family party. So, I've got this weekend to finish shopping for my family -- just need to get one thing, but I need to do some wrapping. This coming Sunday we need to take dd to see Santa. Its the one day we have to do that before Christmas! Its only 2 weeks away!! EEK. I'm not ready.

Today is our annual management conference and tonight is our holiday party. I have no control over my food and its not really set up to bring anything. I'll do the best I can, thats all I can do. I've been doing really well and I should have another loss tomorrow. I did splurge on a piece of cheesecake last night -- friends gave it to me for my birthday. It was gooood. From the Cheesecake Factory. enough said.

Hope all is well with you. I've got to run and get dd ready for school - as soon as she is on the bus I have to get moving. As it is I'll miss the first 1/2 hour of the conference -- speakers start at 8:25 which is the same time the bus gets here. Oh well, dh has been leaving at 5:30 so he can be home by 3. We do what we need to do..

beach bum
12-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had so much to do today,going from one end of town to the other.I'm now exhausted. Went to a local drift shop where I met a few women,that are in the same boat as I am, & started talking to them.They gave me advice was "you can't change what happened to you & you have to remember.That was than & now its now and no matter how hard you want to try to change things back to where it was,is not going to happen and you much acknowledge that.

RHONDA-As Long as I can keep busy I will be able to pick up the pieces.
I proved that today.Happy that we haven't hit the snow scene yet.

SANDRA-Funny thing about the garbage the garbage men are looking for a Christmas tip so they pick up most of the garbage,but the rest blew down the street with all the wind we had. Got on the scale and I'm down to 169,lets hope it doesn't change by next Tues,my new W-I day.

VICKIE-You're lucky I haven't started on my Christmas shopping except for my sister gift.Which I have to take out of the box in order to bring it down by bus.I guess I do the rest when I hit NY.

PAULA-Looks like you have a busy week scheduled a head of you,hope you are able to get anything done.

Have a great evening

Hugs :) Maryann

sloanie
12-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey chicks, it's freezing here!! I hope you all are snug and warm. I agree with Paula, where has the week gone? We leave tomorrow for East Tennessee to hear dd's concert then we're driving back on Saturday. I don't have Christmas gifts to buy except for my parents, so at least I don't have thay stress. School will be really busy from now until next Friday with end of course grades, exams, and mounds of paperwork. I'll be glad to get it over with. Sounds like you all are doing well with program. I have fallen off the wagon today, but otherwise have been doing well. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

As usual, I have a ton of school work, so I can't speak to each of you. I'm thinking about all of you, though. I'll check in later if I have time before bed.

ontarget
12-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Rhonda, I knew folks would be wining and dining you. Do what you can, but enjoy your time with your friends.

Vickie, I get so tickled at your cleaning before your cleaning lady comes. I'll bet your home is cleaner before she gets there than mine is all the time.

Paula, enjoy yourself and don't fret. You'll get back op. You always do well.

:woohoo: Maryann. I am so happy for you. Very impressive, my friend.

Sloan, I was to sub today and tomorrow but got cancelled. Oh, well, I had a good time today and am op.

Got to go. Survivor is on.

Tejas
12-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Paula, your post made me laugh: I could just hear the "rush, rush" in your voice!

Vickie, I was up early, but I did go back to sleep for two hours. That was blessed.

Sloanie, I hope the roads are OK for travel tomorrow. You folks get some bad ice every now and again.

I had a great lunch...salad and Irish stew in a pub with friends. I had dessert, but it was a egg white mixture, with almonds. So, I'm sure it was good for me. I had to go to the office, but I survived.

Maryann, that was good advice from the ladies. I know that I spent too much time in an agony that would have upset my deceased husband. I was younger, too. We get more wise as we get older (I hope!).

Sandra, get that place warmed up. I've had to remind DH too many times to call the chimney sweep and get an estimate.

I've got to finish reading that paper tonight, so gotta run.

Rhonda

ontarget
12-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Rhonda, I think it's to be 60ish this weekend but am not sure.

I'm working tomorrow afterall. I'm subbing at the high school where I used to teach before retiring. Life is good.

Tejas
12-11-2009, 11:39 AM
DH said it was 16 F the other night!!!! That's colder than it is here, for goodness sake!!

I'm off to lunch with colleagues. I'll do my best but boy do I want to eat everything. It's just anxiety, I'm sure.

Stay OP everybody...or as close as you can.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone. Just a quick stop by to check in. Going well -- lost 1/2 pd this week. Wish it was better but its day 1 of TOM, so I'm sure it really is more. Hope you are all doing well!!! BBL

beach bum
12-11-2009, 05:22 PM

Very busy today sorry I was MIA. Had a lot of things to do,and getready for my big trip to New York.Will post tomorrow.

Hugs:) Maryann

ontarget
12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Rhonda, it's prob anxiety and excitement. Holidays + Life Change = Hard time for dieting (But you can handle it.)

Maryann, how long will you be gone?

Rhonda, it's to be in the 70's Sunday. That's the good thing about Texas winters. The cold doesn't linger. (Thank goodness.)

Paula, congratulations. Losing this time of year is amazing.

I subbed today at the high school where I used to teach. I had time to visit this time and thoroughly enjoyed catching up with folks. I'm op. Now isn't that amazing?

Tejas
12-11-2009, 06:37 PM
OK, today, I had toast, 1T pb, banana and coffee for breakfast. Then I had linguine, chicken, mushrooms and spinach in a tomato sauce for lunch. No wine, no dessert but not Core. So, I'll have salad for dinner and hope that I've not done too much damage.

It's miserably cold, and I hate it. But, I'm headed home and I'll pack more stuff. I'm headed out to spin at 9AM tomorrow and have the whole day away at brunch, visiting, then dinner. I'll do my very best, promise.

Rhonda

Vickie
12-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm glad you are all doing well. I have a bunch of things to do this day. We have a birthday party for my 17 year old Great Niece. Isn't that weird since I'm only 53? It comes from being 14 years younger than one's oldest Sister. Anyway, I've got to wrap her present, exercise and get ready so I won't be hanging around much today. I hope you all are having a great day. I start wrapping christmas presents tomorrow. Jim already brought up all my paper and bows and tags from the basement. It should be fun. My dining room looks like wrapping central!

Wish me strength at the party. I'm bringing a JC meal and a clif mojo bar for dessert. That should keep me on the straight and narrow.

Hang in there, Mary Ann. I'm thinking about you.

ontarget
12-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Sounds like everyone's busy. We are, too. We shot a tournament today and had a blast. Afterwards we ate at Pappadeaux's Seafood Kitchen. I had alligator and Curtis had shrimp. I journaled the pts best I could. I'm still op. Life is good.

Have a great weekend, Chickies.

sloanie
12-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey chicks, just got back from East Tennessee. The concert went well, and dh sang like an angel! I'm always amazed when I hear her sing. She sounds like a woman now, and it's amazing. She said she was really nervous before her solo, but she still sounded awesome! I have not been op, but I'm hoping to be more diligent about journaling my food (Sandra, you inspired me), and keeping a strict list of wpa's. There are no goodies at school this week, so that will be easier.

Paula, congrats on the loss. I know you'll love your time off! DH tries to take two weeks off when we are off at Christmas, and it's really nice for us all to be together. Enjoy!!

Sandra, I'm glad you enjoyed your sub day. I'm sure it's nice to get caught up. How long have you been retired? Sorry, I can't remember :dizzy: Also, congrats on staying op.

Maryann, when will you leave for your DH's house? I'll bet those grand kids will love having you there!

Rhonda, give yourself permission to be crazy right now. I'm sure the emotions are all over the place, and that's perfectly normal. Even happy changes are stressful. Hang in there! Oh, thanks for the well wishes for the safe roads. The weather was very cooperative.

Vickie, how did the birthday party go? I'm proud of you for planning your food and taking it with you. I hope everything went as you wanted it to!

Right now ds has friends over, so he's occupied upstairs, and dh is in bed for an early work day tomorrow. I'm all by myself, which I love, and I'm watching "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" (a favorite from my childhood). I'm enjoying the quiet!! Hope you all have sweet dreams :goodvibes

ontarget
12-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Sloan, I love reading your post. Sounds like you're having a wonderful weekend. I'll bet the concert put you right into the holiday spirit. I've been retired since Christmas 1997. That's a long time, isn't it? I was 51 when I retired, so maybe I'm not as old as ya'll are thinking. :lol:

I'm doing Wendie Plan right now. We have a church Christmas party tomorrow evening, so I'm having my highest point day then. I just snacked on a couple of oranges. Now I'm finished for the day. Alligator and oranges! What a plan!

nancy237
12-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey friends!!!

Hope everyone is staying toasty !!!

I am looking into Sonoma Diet which seems like Core with a
push for the "power" heart healthy foods.

I found this web site that has tons of very healthy recipes.
I thought everyone might want to check out the recipe section.
Not sure how many are 100% core but they do seem
mostly fruits/veggies/ lean meats & whole grains

www.mediterrasian.com

Tejas
12-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi Everybody:

I went to spinning this morning, then spent the whole day eating and drinking with friends. I had three different groups to see and dine with. Owwwww...but, I loved every minute. Now, I'm home washing the spinning clothes so that I can spinning in the morning, then go eat lunch with the ex's family. Then, off to a tree trimming party.

OK, Sloan, I'm taking your advice. I'm just crazy right now! :crazy: :dancer:

ontarget
12-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Rhonda, enjoy every minute. You're going to miss those friends more than you can imagine. Just have fun with them while you can and don't sweat the small stuff.

Nancy, thank you for the website. I'm heading there now. I'm tired of eating the same ole same ole. Guess that's why I had alligator tail yesterday. :lol:

Have a good day, all.

beach bum
12-13-2009, 05:28 PM

I been MIA for almost a day,but after going to the cemetery I had ooodles of present to buy for my family,TG I now all finish buying and wrapping them,This afternoon I had a trail run to see if all the things I want to take with me will fit in my luggage and carry one AND IT DID!!! to my surprise. So now I have only one pc of luggage for the belly of the bus and one carry one. Now I have to manage only two when on the LIRR.

On Wednesday I have a bereavement group to go to,and than I going to buy my tickets for the bus & train.

I'll be gone from 12/21 to 1/5[2 2/1 weeks] This is the longest time that I ever spent with my DD except when she gave birth to the twins 8 years ago I started for 1 month.

Have a great evening ,getting hungry have to start supper.

ontarget
12-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Maryann, you're way ahead of me. I have finished shopping except for the additional goodies I always buy after I "think" I'm finished. But I haven't wrapped anything yet.

Sausage/cheese corn muffins are baking. Ham/cheese biscuits are already finished. We go to our church's Christmas party in about an hour. Life is good.

sloanie
12-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey chickies! I have had a very lazy day. I went to the store and fixed chef salads for dinner. That's about as productive as I got all day. I have stayed op all day. B: grits and grapefruit, L: banana and popcorn, D: chef salad and pear. I may have a snack later, but I'm not sure what that will be. I have only two gifts to buy this year, and only one stocking to stuff. If you remember, we are going to Disney. That will be our :clause:

Sandra, were those muffins core? The sausage one sounds really good! It would be good for breakfast :drool:

Maryann, how long will it take you to get to your daughters house? I'm glad you have joined the bereavement group and hope it is uplifting.

Rhonda, are you counting down the days til Texas?

Vickie, is your wrapping done, yet?

Nancy, I looked at the site. I really need to add more fish to our diets. I also told DH we need to drink more red wine :cheers:

Have a great evening chicks!

ontarget
12-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Sloan, those biscuits and muffins were nowhere near core but they were good.

I had a lot of points today, but this was my high point day. (probably not as high as I had, though.) Tomorrow is a low point day.

Tejas
12-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Four more days at the office. Then, I head to Texas for the holidays, without having to return to Toronto. I can hardly believe this is happening. :yikes:

ontarget
12-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Rhonda, your whirlwind has begun. Enjoy yourself.

I guess it's my turn to be up in the wee hours. Blame it on me. I had too many jalapenos at the party--and too much sugar. I know better, so why don't I use that knowledge?

Vickie
12-14-2009, 09:46 AM
I was up too. We should have chatted. I went to bed at 2:30. I think it was much lunch that made me sick.

Vickie
12-14-2009, 12:44 PM
I lost 1.6 today. I'm quite happy with that. I'd love to lose 2 pounds by next week. Considering I'm weighing in a day early, it probably won't happen but it doesn't hurt to hope! That would be huge for me. I'd get my 45 pound chick back and start working on virgin pounds.

Wish me luck!

beach bum
12-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Got my bus ticket for the trip down,and decided to buy the train ticket when I reach New York City.Had last minute shopping to do,along with groceries for the mu last week home.

Now tomorrow I have to go to the bank and get the 04# for our condo building for tax purposes.I want to get done before the end of the year,don't want to fool around with the government.

SANDRA-I would love to bake but they I will put myself in danger of gaining again.I have so many new cookie recipes from the 12 Days of Cookies from the Food Network,have to look them over and see what nutrient info they come up with this recipes.

SLOANE-Just to get to New York City its going to take 6 hrs and than to take the LIRR to Long Island is going to be another hour,so a total of 7 hrs.I hope the open bereavement group will focus on how to beat loneliness,especially in the evenings.

RHONDA-Have a wonderful holiday at your new home,wow !! the time went fast.You're now retiring,correct????

VICKIE-Congrats on your 1.6 weight loss,and your total of 45 you're really doing terrific,keep up the good work.

Have to go,Have a great afternoon,have to get some boxes on my loft broken up for the garage collection.