Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #1  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Default Binge-Free Challenge - Dec 7 through Dec 13

Wardhog, I hope you don't mind me posting a new binge free chat thread for the week. I was looking for this week's and couldn't find it.

I am working on Day 31 today. It is raining and overcast here, which is a rare occurrence.

Here's to a binge-free week for everybody. All are welcome.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Wow Esperanza! Day 31! That's great, I could never make it that long. This is day 8 for me. I did go a little overboard some days, but not a full blown binge. I finally lost the weight from the last binge, I really don't want to gain 3 lbs. at a time like I usually do when I binge really bad. I hope I can last til Christmas, but I really doubt it!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey guys I'm in. Still haven't been around much but I am doing ok. Haven't had a chocolate binge in about a week and I haven't mindlessly stuffed my face with something lately. Just gonna keep on trying to be strong and watch what I eat, in moderation.

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #4  

I am new here, but count me in. This weekend was not so good. But not nearly as bad as it used to be!
jash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanks Esperanza! This is great. I'm on 29, and feeling good. Almost a month!

And Esperanza, already at a month! We can get to month 2 (just one day at a time, of course!)

Fruitlady--congrats on Day 8--don't worry about Christmas just yet, just worry about today. Tomorrow, you can worry about that day, and so on!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #6  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi guys, I'm in. Just trying to breathe and take it one day at a time. I've had a not-so-good eating streak these past few days, and I'm starting to feel weak -- indeed to question whether I'm capable of losing weight at all (even though I know that doesn't make sense). It's disheartening. I want to eat ice cream and potato chips (which normally I don't even want to do) and it's not even TOM. Good news is that I don't keep any of that stuff in the house.

Best of luck, everyone, sorry to be a bit of a downer. Keep on keepin' on.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5ft 3 in

Smile I'd love to join

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsperanzaBella82 View Post
Wardhog, I hope you don't mind me posting a new binge free chat thread for the week. I was looking for this week's and couldn't find it.

I am working on Day 31 today. It is raining and overcast here, which is a rare occurrence.

Here's to a binge-free week for everybody. All are welcome.
I'm just starting so I'm not too sure how to do this but I'm pretty inspired to try. I just CAN'T afford to give up!
I hope to give & get inspiration to have a binge free week!
Debo

Last edited by Debo; 12-07-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #8  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I am hanging in there, in spite of temptations like supper out last night. I only ate half of my dessert, but I wish I hadn't had it at all, but otherwise have been sticking to plan. this is day 5 for me.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 365/341/160

Height: 5'8"

One day down. Yay!
Samantha1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5ft 3 in

Default 1000 perfectly good reasons to eat - or not!

OMG! What is it about the middle of the night? Does my brain and will continue to sleep while my body moves about? After an amazing day - happy, abstinent, fulfilling, I went to sleep & woke up at 12:30 (am) to find my dtr eating in the kitchen (bulimic). I sat with her to try to slow her down and found myself with a handful of low fat popcorn.
Well, I woke up! Really woke up! and pushed it away & went back to sleep.
Here's to another day...
Debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

On day 30, going for a month!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Despite my intentions of "I have to eat good tonight and this weekend" while I was still at work Friday, I then ate badly Friday night and most of the weekend. . .only worked out Sat.

On day 2 today....
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #13  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I'm on day 9 binge free, doing ok so far. I have really been busy with all three of my elderly relatives( 2 are in the hospital). No time for binging, and I am learning something about myself. I only binge when I am happy and content, when I am upset or worried I lose my appetite and don't eat. Weird isn't it? most people eat their way through stress, right??
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #14  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyra View Post
Hi guys, I'm in. Just trying to breathe and take it one day at a time. I've had a not-so-good eating streak these past few days, and I'm starting to feel weak -- indeed to question whether I'm capable of losing weight at all (even though I know that doesn't make sense). It's disheartening. I want to eat ice cream and potato chips (which normally I don't even want to do) and it's not even TOM. Good news is that I don't keep any of that stuff in the house.

Best of luck, everyone, sorry to be a bit of a downer. Keep on keepin' on.
Boy im with you girl ! I am an off and on member and need to get myself under control. Cant believe after three years ive lost it! I agree its so disheartening and its my own darn fault. Theres so many foodplans out there and ive done and read them all, now i dont know where to start. If youd like some support , just beep
Maybe i will try to stick with just one issue today and then add more as i go along. I will get out my journal and start logging.. good luck
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #15  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! Hope everybody's holiday season is going well. I have more shopping to do today, both in store and online. I'm not really in the holiday spirit yet but once we get our this weekend that should change. Hopefully. LOL. It's kind of hard when there isn't any snow and the temps are still around 60-70 degrees. Although, I must say it is downright cold here today. 54 degrees at the moment and it was in the 40's this morning. Oh well, next week the highs are forecast to be in the low 70's. Much better. It's 2 of my dog's first Christmas (They are 8 and 10 but I adopted them in October) and my lab baby Zach's 2nd Christmas and I want to make it very special for them, especially Zena, who is battling mammary cancer. Colt is 10 and not in good health either so I want to make it special for him as well.

Working on Day 32 today. Yesterday was pretty easy--no temptations to binge.

Fruitlady, yes you can be binge-free until Christmas. You just have to take things one day at a time and when it gets hard, take it one minute at a time. Distract yourself before the binge by taking a walk, enjoying some time w/ a loved one, talking on the phone, reading a book, coming on here to talk about it, eating some protein (this one works well for me), etc. Ultimately, it is the best Christmas gift you can give yourself. I believe in you!

Duqserb, you have the right attitude. Moderation is what I do as well. Congrats on your week binge-free. Hope you are doing well.

Jash, Hope you are doing well!

Paris, hope you made your month binge-free! On to Month 2 (and then Months 3 ) But you're right, one day at a time. Little changes add up to big results. I once read a quotation about how dripping water can eat through a stone. I try to remember that when it seems as if all my hard work is going nowhere.

Skyra, don't give up on losing weight. Obviously you are capable of doing so. You did the right thing by coming on here and talking to us about how you're feeling. Which is all it is, a feeling. It will pass and your sensible side will take over again and realize that you not only CAN lose weight but you WILL lose weight and get to goal. Make a plan and stick to it. Start counting calories if you aren't already. Weight loss is essentially calories in vs calories out. I know you know this, but it sounds like you need to be reminded of it.

Debo, and great job waking up out of the mindless eating. One handful of lowfat popcorn can't do any damage. I can't afford to give up, either. BTW, what is a dtr?

Fatmad, sounds like you are doing well, even in the face of temptation. Half of a dessert is a lot better than eating the whole thing. You did great.

Samantha, on your one day. That is always the hardest day for me. Keep on going!

DogMomNP, it seems as if you have put the wekend behind you, where it belongs, and you've turned it around, and that's what counts. Hope Day 2 goes well.

Carvinmom, logging your food is a great start. My plan is to count calories and exercise. Pretty basic, but it works for me. Keep on posting w/ us!

Whew! I think that's everybody. Hope everybody else is doing well. Gotta run as I still have a million things to do today!
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote