Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default .+*Weekly Chat Dec 7-Dec 12*+.

Good Morning Girls! No one had started the weeks thread so I figured I would.

Starting off where we left off ...

MARY - I completely forgot to watch that last night *pouts* I hope they put it up on their website to watch! I too am a huge Alice In Wonderland fan. I have a tattoo of a white rabbit on the inside of my RIGHT wrist. It's actually a combonation of "The Matrix" and Alice.... "follow the white rabbit." I'm a nerd... I know... LOL

Forest
-- I actually thought about the not smoking thing last night while I was running. I remember getting out of the gym and immediately smoking a cigarette. That makes sense WHY? Yeahhh... it doesn't! I just have to remind myself to be the little engine that could... "I think I can, I think I can."

So I'm starting South Beach next week and am having a REALLY hard time keeping with my weight watchers in the mean time. The reason I'm starting next week is because my parents are going to jump on board (Dad at least) and he wanted to look over it before we start... and there's planning to do and I haven't done that. I'm just trying to remind myself that even if I am starting something new that isn't an excuse to not eat healthy.... or binge out of control. I really, really, REALLY love carbs. No carbs for 2 weeks. Not the right time to do that over Christmas but I'll survive.

Stella - if you don't mind me being nosey... whatever happened with the boy situation?

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!

Last edited by Feral; 12-07-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Feral... I missed Alice also but it comes on again tonight at 7 Lucky us... and then the second part comes on at 9... I'm not sure if I can make it through the full four hours haha... Ps I hated weight watchers... I calorie count but I'm not totally hardcore about it... probably because I eat the same things everyday and I know about where I stand... I dont necessarily count calories at dinner but I guesstimate because I live with the parents and Mrs. Butterton herself haha

I'm dreading this week...however it's closer to Christmas and then closer to when a guy I like comes home from being deployed....Which in the end he's being stationed in Germany for at least 3 years and doesnt want to do long distance...why must my life be such a struggle... I dont even know why I'm going to torture myself by seeing him when he comes home

The family I work for has put up every Christmas decoration known to man... Thats fine and dandy but they have a 16 month old who now wants to mess with everything and he is driving me CRAZY
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Feral - I'm totally starting week 2 on Wednesday. My bed was uber comfy this morning so I didn't get up, and I'm going to be up late studying for my final tomorrow, so the plan is to either do it at school after my final (to avoid traffic) or on Wednesday morning. It will get done b/c I'm up 2 fracking lbs to 186, but I really think its water retention because I had a LOT of sodium this weekend.

I think I'm going to make another thread about the boy situation, because I realized a few things this weekend.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #4  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

For the record, I have heard excellent things about the South Beach diet. My brain thinks I need carbs or will explode though so that keeps me away. You guys are awesome for being able to handle it.
So much excitement for Christmas! I can't wait for testing to be over so I can play too.
Weighed in this morning. Didn't hit my wished for 185, but did get 186...and a loss is a loss. Plus, its the lightest I've been in my adult life. Minus that one time I dipped to 184 for like a day due to tonsils removed coupled with extreme dehydration. Yay me! Now I have about 4 weeks to lose those pesky 7 lbs or atleast another 3. I could deal with that.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #5  

I just realized I'm an idiot... I put the date through this Saturday. I am not functioning this morning. Mmmmmm coffee. LOL

Haley -- girl, I feel you. Why do we as women torture ourselves with things we know will not work out? Well, I could answer that but I'm going to leave it alone. Just sit back and really think about it for a while... and remember that you DO deserve to be happy, not heart broken in the end.

Stella -- I hear you, I haven't decided whether I'm going to start week 2 tonight or tomorrow. Either way I can't do week 2 Wednesday night. I get home too late from therapy. I'll let you know!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #6  

I mean I could move to Germany couldn't I? haha see the crazy stuff us girls come up with... hopeless romantics... ugh I hate my life
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #7  

Yes, you could. LOL Please don't think I'm singling you out or "coming at you." I just see a BUNCH of red flags all over the place! Hopeless romantic... yes. Realistic? No way! At least he is honest enough to say from the get go... I'm not interested in long distance. Which what he means by that is -- I'm not interested in long distance. <3
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #8  

I know I know... I dont feel singled out... I like the truth... believe me this place keeps me sane... and makes me really think about things... We shall see what happens until then... I'm never realistic so I'm glad I have you girls around... I plan on seeing him the 29th... Why am I excited to be sad? haha
Old 12-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #9  

Because it's the in between that's fun... and it's the romantic in you. Can't blame a girl for dreaming, right? Plus it makes a girl feel good to be wanted... or feel like they're special even if its only for a little while.

Can you guys tell I'm bored at work today?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #10  

Liss - somehow I didn't see your post. CONGRATS!!!!! That is so awesome. I dream of the days I'm at 186 again! It hasn't been THAT long, but I can't wait to get here again! Be proud of yourself.

My body tells me I need carbs too. I did Atkins one time. In fact my dad lost 112 lbs on it and then gained it back. I had lost about 30 lbs and gained it back as soon as I put carbs back on the diet. I think that's why I'm interested in South Beach. You're only eating "good carbs." I am an overeater/binge eater and carbs/sweets are a big trigger for me. BIG trigger. You guys will have to excuse me if I'm grumpy for 2 weeks! LOL
Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #11  

Red I missed it too... So Congrats

Sad thing is I never weighed myself so I have no clue who much I ever weighed... I know in 7th grade I lost 30 pounds on Atkins... the only time I ever dieted until now and I dont even remember how much I weighed...just know that I fit a size 12 for a very very short period of time

Maybe my if I called my doctor I could get some kind of record of my weight over the years... All I know is that I'm smaller now than I was in high school... at least I think haha

Btw... I'm super bored at work as well...

Feral... the fun in between is sooo fun and exciting but the sadness in the end... is it worth it? for now I guess so

Last edited by HaleyisLove; 12-07-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #12  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Gah, I'm so late to chat today - I SLEPT UNTIL 11AM!!! D:

Feral - OMG it's amazing, you're going to LOVE it!!!! Don't worry, like Haley said, it's on from the beginning at 7pm tonight! And if you miss it, I happen to be a bit of a pirate, so I'll find you a link to download when it becomes available I loved TinMan, but this is 10 TIMES BETTER. And I love Oz and Wonderland equally, but omg Alice is just so so so amazing. I ended up watching part 1 twice because they had it on again right after the first part was over :3

My friend is coming over so I can help him with his power point presentation, I have three papers to write, AND I need to go workout. Which I think I'll do right now so I can get it out of the way. I need to be done by 6:45pm tonight so that I can set up on the couch and camp out for the night with Alice!

As far as C25K goes, I keep dreading it and pushing it back, so I think I'm going to alternate W5D1 and W5D2 (run for 5, walk for 3 and run for 10, walk for 2) until my brain stops freaking out about it. My body can totally handle it, my subconscious is just like NOOOOOOOO!

I have to work my tail off this week (which I try to do every week, buuuut... lol) because I'm throwing another party on friday with half of the people that came to my dinner party and we're pulling out the hard liquor so it's like a sleepover party lol. I'm aiming for 178.5 or lower by Sunday! Fingers crossed!

I'm currently 8lbs away from the halfway point in my journey! That's really exciting!!!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #13  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Haley- I've been thinking about calling up my pediatrician, whom I saw until I was 18 or so, and getting my old weight records. My WLE this time around coincided with a health scare, so when I went in for my annual physical, I was able to check and see what my weight was on the day I re-started. I never got on a scale to figure out my actual high weight either, but I think my guess of 180 is pretty accurate. I just want to know when the last time I weight 130lbs was. It was either freshman or sophomore year of high school, so I'd like to see if I was at my full height then, too. Also on another note, I actually have a friend who moved to Germany to be with her bf. She's doing her graduate degree over there and it's a lot cheaper, as long as you can get a student visa. Not to fuel your fantasies or anything

Feral- good luck with South Beach...that's great that your family is getting on board.

Red- you will get there by New Years--only 7 pesky pounds!

Rather busy day at the office today, so I'm checking in during lunch. I gave myself a treat this morning--a small candy cane skim latte and half a cheese Danish, bc for work I was in the neighborhood of this really good bakery I'd never been to before. That brought my breakfast cals up to 650, which is actually good bc I think targeting about 600 calories for breakfast is good for me, but it still makes me nervous to see my calories above 1000 after lunch. Gotta get rid of that mentality...this is maintenance now! Also I feel better about my protein intake--even tho it's a smallish percent, I'm getting at least 50g/day and a lot of good carbs too, which are also good for muscle replenishment. I'm already at 50g today

ETA- Mary- we cross-posted so I missed you--congrats on being so close to halfway! I hope you don't read this post till later bc you are at the gym doing your c25k, which is awesome...I didn't realize you were already on week 5--you've come so far!

Last edited by forestroad; 12-07-2009 at 12:56 PM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

hey ladies! i have been missing from the boards the last few months, but have been reading everyday for motivation!

i trained all summer and completed my first half marathon in october (and lost 15 pounds or so in the process) and literally haven't worked out once since...awful, i know, but had some family health issues, and well, excuses, excuses, i need to get my butt back in gear!

i was running outside, but considering it is -35 celsius here right nor (-31 fahrenheit?) i need to renew my rec centre pass and get on the indoor track.

anyhow, the support you guys have for each other is amazing, and i am hoping i can join in!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #15  

Height: 5'11

Afternoon ladies! I am feeling much better today as I am back to my morning walks with my nephew. I have been FREEEZING all day! I know I shouldnt complain, afterall its 50 degrees Florida were talking about not 14 degrees Chicago. I think I can finally get back to paying attention to my weightloss since my life has slowed down for the time being. Haley I can relate sooo much on the whole buttertons thing. Im from the south were everything is better with butter. It still blows my mind that I was able to lose weight and still live here in this "land of lard and butter" household. I can only imagine how awesome I can do when Im back on my own again with a bf who actually likes to eat healthy compared to my ex who lived off of Wendy's fries. Im trying my hardest to catch up on personals so maybe tonight.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote