Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 10:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Question Leslie Sanson videos or something else?

I was wondering if any of you exercise to Leslie Sansone's Walking videos...or if you have any other videos that you prefer.

If I do choose to get any it has to be for one that is just beginning. I haven't exercised in many years and am very out of shape. I need something that can start off easy and once I get that down that it can increase intensity.

Thanx,
Old 08-03-2002, 05:59 AM   #2  

Hi,

I have the Leslie Sansone fifteen minute one mile workout tape. I'm embarassed to say, I 've only done it once (blush) but plan to start again soon.

Her chattering can get on your nerves, but I like that there isn't any hard choreography. I feel like enough of an uncoordinated klutz without trying to learn dance moves found on other tapes (Richard Simmons). I feel like I could kind of keep up (if I ever get my lazy self up to do it).

You may want to check e-bay-possibly you can get one of her very beginning tapes really cheap, instead of committing to buying the whole set from the infommerical.

Hope this was helpful.

Sherry
Old 08-03-2002, 06:26 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

how about www.halfprice.com also they have goo dprices onthings like that.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:07 AM   #4  

I have the Leslie Sansone videos and love them, very easy to do. Also have all Richard Simmons tapes like those too.

Kim
336/322/170
Old 08-03-2002, 12:19 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Lots of folks at my WW group have the Leslie Sansone tapes and love them. Most agree with your "incessant chatter" remark, too, Sherry! They choose to turn the sound off on the TV and turn up the radio instead.

If you have a Sam's Club in your area, you can usually find the whole series of tapes for less than $20.

Jennelle
Old 08-04-2002, 06:35 PM   #6  

I'm considering picking these up too, Sam's has them for 17 including weights, I think. My only concern is that they might be too easy I'm not too terribly out of shape( fat, yes, but cardio is still pretty good), I hike a few miles with a kid in a backpack most weekends. I don't want to get them home and find them really non-challenging. I can't afford a tread mill...
Old 08-04-2002, 07:18 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

stupid question: how can you watch the video and be out walking?
or is this a blonde question

I can't keep up with Richard Simmons... I have disco sweat and it's really stupid. But I do sweat!

Dana
Old 08-04-2002, 07:23 PM   #8  

Dana,
During the video you are walking in place and doing some other moves.

I have done them with a friend and they don't work me out enough. But they are good. Just not what I'm looking for.

Bella23
Old 08-04-2002, 11:22 PM   #9  

Richard and I have been together for 1 1/2 years. Now that I am going to the gym we haven't seen on another in two weeks.

I love his tapes.....especially the Broadway show tunes and his newest ones where you work out with cool weights at the end.

I hurt myself Sweatin To The Oldies....too many moves I guess.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Thanx everyone....I do have the Richard Simons vides...I have the "Dance Your Pants Off" and also the "Toning Uptown" and "Toning Downtown". I have done the "Dance Your Pants Off" once and that was quite awhile ago(like a few years ago). I never even tried the Toning videos yet(they are still even in their celephane wrap..LOL).

Maybe I should just get that out again and actually try it first and see if I can make a go of it. I think my daughter would love it as she can dance too...as for my son, well I might have to bring the playpen down so he isn't in the way(if you KWIM)..
Old 08-05-2002, 09:55 AM   #11  

I've considered getting the Leslie Sansone tapes. Seems like it would be something nice to do in the winter when it is harder to get outside & walk. I've seen them at a local SuperTarget for $6.00 a tape, which I though was pretty reasonable.
Closed Thread