100 lb. Club - OT: The twins are here (early) so I'll be back in 5 weeks!

lalique
12-05-2009, 12:56 AM
My weight loss journey will start again in 5 weeks!

I had my twins on November 29th, after "PROM" (premature rupture of membranes - aka my water broke early), they couldn't stop my labor, & I was bleeding so they worried about a placental abruption, so they were delivered by emergency c-section, 10 1/2 weeks early (wasn't due til february 10th). Anyway, they were born at 4:16am (just a few seconds apart), "baby a" who has been named Nevaeh Analiese measured 16 inches long, & weighed in at 2lbs 14oz. "baby b" who's named Avaria Colleen measured 14 1/2 inches long and weighed in at 2lbs 3oz. I came home from the hospital a couple days ago, but the babies remain in the NICU, where they will be until probably mid-january. They are both doing amazingly well! They are breathing on their own, with no oxygen or assistance, they are taking breastmilk down a feeding tube, and doing all the normal baby stuff they should be doing! They have just an IV for extra nutrishion, and "billy lights" beacuse they were a little jaundice (but those will be coming off tomorrow hopefully) Which is soooo wonderful! :D Please keep them in your prayers though, that they continue to do well, and grow! I can't wait till they come home. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/Molly_Rose/nevaeh001.jpg
Nevaeh

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/Molly_Rose/avaria002.jpg
Avaria

garnetrising
12-05-2009, 01:03 AM
OHMAHGEEZ! They're so tinies! Look at their tiny little noses. AWWW.

And they both earn Garnet's Baby Name Stamp of Approval. It's an official honor. ^^

VernDern
12-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Awww Congrats! Im glad they are doing well! Im sure you absolutely cant wait to have them home! They are so cute and tiny!

Take care and we'll see ya in a few weeks!

Windchime
12-05-2009, 02:16 AM
They are so tiny and precious! Congratulations on your little bundles of joy, and I will send good wishes for them to grow strong and come home soon. :)

Goddess Jessica
12-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Wow! That's a big change a little earlier than expected! It sounds like you're taking it in stride. Congrats! Take care of yourself.

cfmama
12-05-2009, 02:32 AM
OMG congratulations!!!! They are absolutely adorable! Congratulations my friend!!!!!

Violet73
12-05-2009, 08:39 AM
awwww congrats! they are absolutely gorgeous! My daughter was a preemie...I had her at 30 weeks....she weighed 2 pounds 10 ounces....She is 12 now!!!! wow the time goes! they may be tiny now but girls are fighters and they will be running all over the place before you know it! Time just goes by so fast! Glad they are doing well! Hope you get some rest and take care of yourself! :)

dragonwoman64
12-05-2009, 08:51 AM
that's so, so, so exciting!! big time congratulations, totally adorable, sweet and precious!! the best of gifts. consider the prayers outgoing :)

cathydoe
12-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful! My prayers are with you, the babies and your family! Congrats!!

DixieAmazon
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM
My prayers are with you. Be sure to take care of yourself too.

Judy Lynn
12-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Congratulations! Glad to hear both girls are doing so well. They are just are just adorable! Take care of yourself and those two little precious bundles.

midwife
12-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Congrats! Glad everyone is doing so well!

ubergirl
12-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Congratulations! They are both beautiful!!!

CLCSC145
12-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Congratulations on your two little bundles!

salsa chip
12-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Many congratulations on your two little ones! Rest up and don't forget to look after yourself, too :)

TJFitnessDiva
12-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Congratulations!! wow so tiny but they sound like they are doing good! :)

famograham
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow! They are absolutely precious!
My heart is with you, you've got a tough road ahead. It's wonderful to hear that they are doing so well!

My best friend had her twins 16 days apart at the end of May/beginning of June (ask me about that if anyone wants to know...LOL!). I was with her for the birth of the boy.
Her boy, came at 24 weeks and 6 days-fifteen weeks and a day early. And her girl, came at 26 weeks and 2 days-13 weeks and 5 days early. Very very micro preemies!
It was TOUGH! BB girl did pretty great and went home after 81 days. BB boy had major lung problems and was on a vent for months. They nearly lost his multiple times. He went home after 145 days, still on oxygen but doing well!
Brain MRI's look OK. Tiny bit of ROP in the BB girl. Time will tell for other stuff...

Miracles babies are a very wonderful and magical thing, they are SO infinitely strong!

Your girls are amazing! And I wish you smooth travels through this very trying time. You certainly have my prayers!

:goodvibes
:hug:
Linda

AR4life
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
What sweeties :D well done and congrats. They will be home before you know it. Stay strong :hug:

crzymom6
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
congratulations! Your daughters are beautiful! Hand in there, I know that the NICU journey can be a painful experience, one of my twins had a brief stint in there.

Please keep us posted on their progress!

bcort
12-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Yay! I am so happy they are doing well! Beautiful little girls! Take care!