Old 12-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Unhappy Member MRC since 10/19/2009 and not losing weight

I have been a member of MRC since 10/19/2009 and have not lost the first pound. "OK I lost 6 1/2 pounds and then gained it back". I drink 96 ounces of water a day. I take MRC 6, Corta Trim, Guggel, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Flexseed Oil ....what would kick this in gear and help me to start losing weight? The good thing about the center is I have gained 5 free weeks for different things, like taking in a menu. I need to lose 50 pounds. Does anyone think benefiber would help?
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello not going to give up.

I haven't been doing this for long but here are somethings I have heard at my center and have read on these boards.

-Are you staying OP at every meal? Have you been cheating a bit?

-Are you mixing proteins? Like having meat with cheese etc.
*One of the consultants told me not to do this because meat and cheese are two different types of protein. Check with your center to see their take on this.

-Are you accurately weighing your food?

-Are you taking the minimum number of HNS required for your menu program?

-Are you eating all the proteins, starches, fruit, etc that are required for your program for each meal as directed?

-If you are exercising, check with your center to see if there is a maximum number of days and length of time a week for working out. My center said I should do less than 300 minutes a week and no more than 5 times a week. If you exceed this then you could burn more calories than you are taking in, hence a possible weight loss stall.

-Are you eating a lot of apples on your menu?
*I would like to give credit to the person who told me this but I cannot remember who told me this, but they are on this board. (Look under the thread for having trouble creating menus. It is fairly recent.) Apples tend to slow down your weight loss. She (I believe) said that it's better to eat citrus fruits and berries and have apples 1-2 a week. (For certainity read the thread.)

Have you had the center take a REALLY good look at your journal? Maybe evaluate how you are cooking food, like if you are using salt or seasonings with salt etc.

This is all I can think of. I hope this helps.

Harlow
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #3  

Okay just thought of another one.

-If you are exercising and have been doing the routine for I think more than 6 weeks, you may want to switch up your routine a bit. I think it takes the body at least 6 weeks to get used to doing a routine before it becomes ineffective. I read on different sites the body responds better when it has to keep guessing.

Also it was Fifties Lady for telling me about the apple thing.

Harlow

Last edited by harlow grey; 12-04-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Wow, I didn't know about the apples! I have been eating them almost everyday, until last week when I switched to oranges. How did you find this out? Thanks for the good info!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #5  

I sure appreciate all the tips. I am not eating apples, I am eating oranges. Maybe I need to eat berries. You would think with such a drastic drop in calories the weight would just roll off.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6''

My center told me about the apples...the consultant said...you can eat apples whenever you'd like, they are on plan. But if you notice a slow down you might want to try berries or citrus.

I would think the weight would roll off too, but maybe your body is just hanging on to it right now. I went through a couple months of that last time I was on MRC. I lost like 3 lbs in a month or something crazy slow like that. Sounds like you're getting good advice. Have you talked to a consultant at your center yet? They may have more advice than we do. Then again, sometimes the boards here are more helpful
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

My weight has come off slowly too but it has come off. I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel. We're all cheering for you!

This forum is very helpful to me and hopefully will be to you too....like the apple thing....I'm going to try and switch this up....

Great suggestions above. Also wonder if you've had a medical workup to see if thyroid issue or something medical is holding things up. Any hormone or sleep issues?

I have heard that switching the menus up is good--so wide variety of foods that are on plan. That if we eat the same things every day our bodies get used to that and slows metabolism.

I don't know anything about benefiber but have heard that Mirilax is approved. Keep going gal!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #8  

I love this board. You guys sure keep me motivated. I was also thinking it might be the thyroid thing....
Old 12-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #9  

I think this board is far more informative than the MRC center where I go. Some of the girls are very helpful, which I never seem to get, and the ones I do seem to get are like "I don't know".
Old 12-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #10  

I also read on the board that if there is a specific counselor you prefer to work with, you can can request them. Also find out what days they are there so you can coordinate them with your weigh ins.

We are paying them oodles and oodles of money. They say they are there to help and I make them work for it some days. My first few sessions I always came in there with a page chucked full of questions. You are going to get to your 50lbs. I think you just have to sort through things and find your way. Also, when your plan isn't working for you call them on it and together you and your advisors should find a way to make the weight loss occur.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Wow, I didn't know about the apples! I have been eating them almost everyday, until last week when I switched to oranges. How did you find this out? Thanks for the good info!
Ronnie
Hi RonnieAdl. Fifties Lady told me (and everyone else) in another thread I posted regarding "having issues with creating a menu."

The MRC board has been up for a long time. There is so much information from other users to read. That is some of how I got my knowledge. Also, if something happens and I am not satisfied with my center's response, I have posted my questions here. I always hope that someone is either going through it currently or has been through it and will respond. People usually respond.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh my I didn't know about the apples. I have had several slow downs in my weight loss and when I look back guess what, I had been having apples at lunch every day. Thanks that is great knowledge.

Not going to give up - something else I thought was absolutely crazy when I started was they told me to change my toothpaste from gel to paste. I just thought this program must be super sensitive. Hang in there things will start moving before you know it. Good luck!
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow grey View Post
Hi RonnieAdl. Fifties Lady told me (and everyone else) in another thread I posted regarding "having issues with creating a menu."

The MRC board has been up for a long time. There is so much information from other users to read. That is some of how I got my knowledge. Also, if something happens and I am not satisfied with my center's response, I have posted my questions here. I always hope that someone is either going through it currently or has been through it and will respond. People usually respond.
Well keep all those fabulous tips coming! You learn something new everyday it seems. Good thing too... I can use all the knowledge I can get at this point!

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/189/144

Height: 5' 4"

I'm new to MRC and to this forum and I thank you all for the GREAT information! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as I go through the plan. BTW, I had heard about switching up your toothpaste and mouthwash for less sugars. I'll make sure I watch my apple intake as well! (As I sit here and eat one with my lunch...ha ha).
kaliyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliyat View Post
I'm new to MRC and to this forum and I thank you all for the GREAT information! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as I go through the plan. BTW, I had heard about switching up your toothpaste and mouthwash for less sugars. I'll make sure I watch my apple intake as well! (As I sit here and eat one with my lunch...ha ha).
This week has been a good one according to my scales. Lost 6 pounds. I quit eating apples as one string suggested. Thanks for that. I go to WI tomorrow. Hoping next week will be as good. I love to see the strings where you have lost 24 pounds in 2 months. I would love that. I will take what ever weight loss I can get.