Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Anyone suffer from IBS? Couple questions

I heard recently someone say that those who suffer with IBS have a more difficult time losing weight. For years, I have thought I have IBS, but have never went to a doc about it. ( guess the intrusive tests scared me so much I just never went ) I finally have a doc appt in about an hour with a GI doctor. Can anyone tell me what to expect during my first visit? I am very nervous about the whole idea of seeing a GI doctor and all that may or may not go along with it.

Would be nice to be able to go to the bathroom like most ppl are able to though.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry - It's really unlikely that there'll be any intrusive tests today (and there may never be). Tell the doctor you're nervous, especially about any tests he or she does want to run (you'll probably get a separate appointment for those. I've never heard of them being done in the doctor's office, usually they're done at a hospital or special lab).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #3  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

Hey girl, I went a couple of years ago. The first visit they will take a history and ask all the questions. Possibly draw labs to see if it may celiac disease, and other things. Usually the first is information gathering and building a plan from there. But it's all worth being normal again.

When I had my trouble that got soooo bad when I was in school, I felt hungry all the time and ended up gaining. I think it was because I was going so often my belly was always empty.

If you have any questions, you can PM me.

Good luck!
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote