Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #1  
Recommited 11/30/09

S/C/G: 265/250/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm back...after 7 years

I used to be a daily visitor here...way back in the day. I just found my old username and password and discovered upon log-in that I hadn't been here since Feb. 1st, 2002. Wow! I can't believe it's been that long.

I was at my goal at that time after losing 100 pounds, and here I am almost 8 years older (now married and have a baby) and starting again from scratch. The weight slowly crept back on little by little, and then I had a baby in Feb. 09. I developed gestational diabetes during pregnancy and kept my weight gain to 16 pounds through closely watching my diet and exercising daily, in consultation with my doctors and nutritionists. After Jack was born, I went WAY overboard on the sweets and junky stuff and gained about 25 pounds in the last 9 months. Ugh.

But I'm here. I'm back. I'm ready to start my life again and look forward to a healthy life chasing around my active son. 11/30/09...the day I took my life back and regained control.

Anway, just want to say "hi" and am looking forward to mutual support from this group.
ErinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #2  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! Good for you for making the commitment to yourself! Wow, you lost 100 pounds before, so you definitely have it in you!
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #3  
sucker for candy corn

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

Welcome back!
Civakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #4  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Welcome back & keep coming back!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

It can feel so insurmountable to have to lose weight you worked so hard to lose before, especially that amount (I lost 130 pounds almost 10 years ago and ended up gaining it back and then some), but the bright side is you know you have the skills in you. And you can use your regain as input to figure out why you let it creep back on and how to keep it from happening again. Good luck and welcome back!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

congrats on the additions to your lovely family! Wow you are a weight loss pro. 100 lbs. eep! Well, did you say you are starting from scratch losing 100 or losing the 16 +25?
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Good luck to you.......you can do this! And you are worth it!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #8  
Recommited 11/30/09

S/C/G: 265/250/150

THANKS everyone. It's great to be back.

Jen, starting from scratch with the 100. Ugh. Losing weight when I'm motivated is actually kind of fun, and I like the challenge. I love making it to a new "decade" on the scale. I can't wait to see a 1 as the first number on my scale. I love trying on smaller size clothes as my body changes. It's the maintaining that I have a hard time with, and I need to figure that out.

But I never want to say "no" to something my son wants to do just because I'm embarrassed of the way I look. I want to take him swimming next summer. I don't need to be a babe in a bikini, but I just don't want to be embarrassed. When he's older and wants to go to the water park, I want to say "heck yeah, sounds fun" instead of trying to come up with an excuse for why we can't go. I want to be healthy and play sports with him. I want to take him hiking on these beautiful Colorado mountains. I want to live a long and healthy life to live to see his children (I'm 42...probably won't see his grandchildren). I want my knees, ankles and back to feel good when I'm out there running around with him. So many reasons! I have 6 pages of reasons to lose weight and maintain that loss in my journal.
ErinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Erin! I just want to say Welcome back and congratulations on your new baby! there is no greater joy! I am not a mom yet.. but I am a preschool/daycare teacher-assistant director and I can not wait to have my own! Also way to go on taking your life back! As you know from past experience this is an incredible site with incredible people to support and encourage you.
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #10  
I ♥ Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
But I never want to say "no" to something my son wants to do just because I'm embarrassed of the way I look. I want to take him swimming next summer. I don't need to be a babe in a bikini, but I just don't want to be embarrassed. When he's older and wants to go to the water park, I want to say "heck yeah, sounds fun" instead of trying to come up with an excuse for why we can't go. I want to be healthy and play sports with him. I want to take him hiking on these beautiful Colorado mountains. I want to live a long and healthy life to live to see his children (I'm 42...probably won't see his grandchildren). I want my knees, ankles and back to feel good when I'm out there running around with him. So many reasons! I have 6 pages of reasons to lose weight and maintain that loss in my journal.

This definitely resonated with me. I'm not a mom yet, but I desire to become one so much, and an added motivation to lose weight is because of that. I want to have a healthy pregnancy, and I want to give my child my all. I never want my child to not be able to do things because of me.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Glad your back, nothing's over until you quit.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #12  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce Vida View Post
This definitely resonated with me. I'm not a mom yet, but I desire to become one so much, and an added motivation to lose weight is because of that. I want to have a healthy pregnancy, and I want to give my child my all. I never want my child to not be able to do things because of me.
This.

I don't want to gain 30+ pounds while pregnant and find myself flirting with 300 lbs at 20-something. Not when I can take the time and make the changes now to avoid that. I don't want my child to grow up on TV dinners and fast food. I want them to have the opportunities that I didn't and I want to be a good role model for them. Not to mention that TTC and the pregnancy itself would go much easier on the both of us if I could provide my baby with a healthy, nurturing environment from the point of conception.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #13  
I ♥ Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetrising View Post
This.

I don't want to gain 30+ pounds while pregnant and find myself flirting with 300 lbs at 20-something. Not when I can take the time and make the changes now to avoid that. I don't want my child to grow up on TV dinners and fast food. I want them to have the opportunities that I didn't and I want to be a good role model for them. Not to mention that TTC and the pregnancy itself would go much easier on the both of us if I could provide my baby with a healthy, nurturing environment from the point of conception.

I absolutely agree. I didn't enjoy my twenties at all because of my weight gain. I didn't go to the beach, amusement parks, or even on a vacation. I want my child to have fun with me! And yes, I want to give my child the best chance at a healthy birth.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

welcome back! Hope to read more from you
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote