Old 12-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Debating whether to start MRC

I have dieted all my life and tried almost program, pill, diet, etc, but never MRC. I went in for my free consultation today and got excited about possibly starting but I'm scared, I guess. I'm my heaviest now and know I need to take action. I tell myself that I could just do it myself if I set my mind to it, but in reality, I haven't done that yet and just keep getting fatter. I know eating MRC style will be a major adjustment. I have a husband who is not motivated to lose weight and 2 small kids who are very picky eaters. Any advice or words to help me decide?
Thanks,
Jennifer
jendlee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendlee72 View Post
I have dieted all my life and tried almost program, pill, diet, etc, but never MRC. I went in for my free consultation today and got excited about possibly starting but I'm scared, I guess. I'm my heaviest now and know I need to take action. I tell myself that I could just do it myself if I set my mind to it, but in reality, I haven't done that yet and just keep getting fatter. I know eating MRC style will be a major adjustment. I have a husband who is not motivated to lose weight and 2 small kids who are very picky eaters. Any advice or words to help me decide?
Thanks,
Jennifer
Jennifer, if you really want to lose the weight and don't mind shelling out some big bucks, you have come to the right place. This plan works as it is not really a diet but a new way to eat and how you look at food. I have been on this plan since August and have lost 40lbs and am still looking to lose another 10 before the middle of the month. I like it because you are accountable to the folks at the center and you weigh in twice a week, keep track of what you eat and they are really helpful at getting you going in the right direction and keeping you on track. If you have small children then you want to get healthy for them.. I don't think you would be sorry signing on with MRC, it really works and is worth every penny and then some.. I know more folks on this board will tell you the same.. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/144/145

Height: 5'3"

Jennifer, I am going to my free consultation on Saturday. Your story sounds just like mine. I've done it all and the only time I have been able to have any success is when I have been accountable to someone. The hardest part I think is keeping the weight off. I hope I can afford MRC and I hope it will give me the motivation I need. Good luck with your decision.
leigh529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Jennifer,
You sound like me. I'd tried every diet, etc...but kept getting bigger by the day. MRC is the ONLY thing that has really worked for me. It is a commitment and a lifestyle change, as well as an expensive program. Is it worth all of that? Absolutely! You have to be in the right mindset, ready, and commited to start the program. If you're at that place mentally............go for it!! It will not always be easy but it will be one of the most rewarding things you ever do for yourself.

Last edited by Goose; 12-04-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Having a structured plan that is 'real' food and nutrition is what worked for me. We all 'know' generally what got us to being so overweight, and for years I told myself the same thing...if I just put my mind to it, I can do it myself. Well...it never worked. The very specific structure of MRC works to break the bad habits and help you learn to eat right long term...and that's what really matters. It isn't cheap, but neither is being overweight your whole life! The other thing I liked is the one-on-one help...no group meetings (except for educational classes, but these are optional) or weigh ins. It has worked for me when nothing else did. Good luck to you!!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Jennifer,

When I went to my first consultation, after seeing the Dollar signs, I backed off and decided I could do this on my own. Besides, vacation was interferring with schedule at the time. I was doing the South Beach Diet and was doing ok, but it was hard to stick to without having someone to keep me honest. I did lose 10 pounds, but in August, after all my vacations day were used, I went back, (after much calling from MRC). I had read so much here on 3FC's and felt I knew enough to know I had to join if I wanted to lose. I have no regrets. My weight seems to be coming off slower than others here, I don't know if it is because I decided "no suppliments" and buy only the HNS's. But I have felt so much better and even have dropped a couple of sizes, which makes me feel wonderful.

I'm not sure if you are thinking about the 17 or 24 week plan, but I went with the 17 weeks, since I was told if I wanted to sign up for 17 more it would be $79, or $99 for 24 weeks....now I am hearing that is no longer offered? We shall see when my contract is up mid December. I would say to go with the 17 weeks and see what you think. Like I said, I have no regrets, and I know I will be signing up for another 17 weeks soon, since I am a long ways from goal. I hope this helps. If nothing else, you will find the best supporters right here, and all you have to do is ask if you have doubts or questions about the program. We can all bombard you with lots of info!! Good luck in your decision.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/175/140

Default Thanks for the info

Thanks to everyone who posted with information about their experience. I will be back to the board if I sign up for the program (which I'm leaning towards).
jendlee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/189/144

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Jendlee. I actually signed up for MRC last night. I think they're running some winter specials so it's a lot cheaper than normal right now. The supplements are expensive but I hear you can purchase some of them from other places for less. I got 24 weeks for $277 which includes the 1 year of maintenance. I'm determined to meet my goal in this time so I don't have to spend more money for more weeks! It is motivating when you're shelling out this kind of money!
kaliyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliyat View Post
Hi Jendlee. I actually signed up for MRC last night. I think they're running some winter specials so it's a lot cheaper than normal right now. The supplements are expensive but I hear you can purchase some of them from other places for less. I got 24 weeks for $277 which includes the 1 year of maintenance. I'm determined to meet my goal in this time so I don't have to spend more money for more weeks! It is motivating when you're shelling out this kind of money!
Wow...that was a great deal. I wonder if that was just at your center. Usually 24 weeks is almost $400. Wonder if there are any deals for contracts that will be expiring in December?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Height: 5'9"

When I signed up, I really didn't have a clue as to what I was in for. Financially, will power, etc. If I had known the amount of money I would be spending or known what the food issue would be like, I know I would not have done it.

The flipside of this, is that in my heart of hearts I was tired being big, tired of taking meds to attempt to keep diabetes at bay etc. I think I got to the point where it felt like this was my only option. There was no way I was going to have the gastric surgery, but I felt like this was my only option. The final straw was the threat of taking another medication to lower my blood sugar that led me to the center.

It was hard for me because I ate out all the time. I didn't cook. I had (still don't have. : ) organizational skills. I had to give up my favorite things to eat like McDonalds (it was McRib season when I started!!!!!!!!!!!!!,) Taco Bell, movie popcorn, and pizza. I had all the knowledge but could not make it work for me.

I started the program on 11/4 weighing 233. Today is 12/6. I weighed in at 218.5. It's been ages since I have even seen such a number for me. Heck didn't even know it existed for me. But now, even my once "tight form fitting jeans" are bagging in the butt and looser in the legs. I bought size 2 jeans from Lane Bryant. I had been wearing a 3 (18W) and they are bagging kind of bad but I am not small enough for the 2s. Hopefully, I will be in them by the end of this month.

If you take this on you have to be really opened minded because this diet will put you through some changes (in a good way.) Just last night it had me thinking how could I not want to exercise frequently and how could I eate the crap I did.

You can do this Jendlee. I believe you, me, and everyone on this board can and will do it.

Harlow
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow grey View Post
When I signed up, I really didn't have a clue as to what I was in for. Financially, will power, etc. If I had known the amount of money I would be spending or known what the food issue would be like, I know I would not have done it.

The flipside of this, is that in my heart of hearts I was tired being big, tired of taking meds to attempt to keep diabetes at bay etc. I think I got to the point where it felt like this was my only option. There was no way I was going to have the gastric surgery, but I felt like this was my only option. The final straw was the threat of taking another medication to lower my blood sugar that led me to the center.

It was hard for me because I ate out all the time. I didn't cook. I had (still don't have. : ) organizational skills. I had to give up my favorite things to eat like McDonalds (it was McRib season when I started!!!!!!!!!!!!!,) Taco Bell, movie popcorn, and pizza. I had all the knowledge but could not make it work for me.

I started the program on 11/4 weighing 233. Today is 12/6. I weighed in at 218.5. It's been ages since I have even seen such a number for me. Heck didn't even know it existed for me. But now, even my once "tight form fitting jeans" are bagging in the butt and looser in the legs. I bought size 2 jeans from Lane Bryant. I had been wearing a 3 (18W) and they are bagging kind of bad but I am not small enough for the 2s. Hopefully, I will be in them by the end of this month.

If you take this on you have to be really opened minded because this diet will put you through some changes (in a good way.) Just last night it had me thinking how could I not want to exercise frequently and how could I eate the crap I did.

You can do this Jendlee. I believe you, me, and everyone on this board can and will do it.

Harlow
Harlow...what a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing...you will get into the size 2 jeans by month end....You are doing great!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Fifties Lady. I appreciate the encouragement. I was at Walmart speaking with the cashier as I belly ached (see I am not perfect) about eating healthy. She remarked how healthy and how good I looked. She was asking what typed of supplements I took and what I was doing. This made me feel really good. Plus, I have never seen this lady before either. Another adjustment I will have to learn is just to say thank you when complemented instead spoiling my compliments. I am bad about that.

But thanks lady. Congratulations on your loss as well and keep up the good work.
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow grey View Post
Thanks Fifties Lady. I appreciate the encouragement. I was at Walmart speaking with the cashier as I belly ached (see I am not perfect) about eating healthy. She remarked how healthy and how good I looked. She was asking what typed of supplements I took and what I was doing. This made me feel really good. Plus, I have never seen this lady before either. Another adjustment I will have to learn is just to say thank you when complemented instead spoiling my compliments. I am bad about that.

But thanks lady. Congratulations on your loss as well and keep up the good work.
Funny that you should mention that, I went to a conference one time and learned when many people received a compliment, they mostly respond by saying something that isn't right about themselves, such as "Oh, I have such a long way to go." for example. You are right, we need to just say "Thank you and accept the compliment"....very hard to get use to. I know I have done that many times in the last few weeks, when someone says how great I am looking...now I have learned to say "thank you."
Old 12-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/144/145

Height: 5'3"

Jennifer,
I signed up today and they were running a 20% off special this month which helped. The didn't push me to buy any supplements and in fact told me I could get some of them at Walmart to save money. I could sure use a buddy to do this with.
leigh529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #15  

Jennifer,
When I started in October I was worried about the expense. I flat out told them that I'm on a budget, I can afford to buy and use the minimum nutrient supplement drinks but the pills are out of my price range. The ladies in my center are very supportive and don't care where I buy the pills just as long as I take them. I find the money to be a motivator- I paid for it I might as well stick to plan. I've done WW and other diets but this one has yielded the quickest results which has also motivated me to keep going.

I struggle with all of the cooking that is required. I used to be a microwave kinda girl but now I cook all of our meals. It's time consuming but worth it. My fiance likes everything that I have cooked and it seems to be helping him slim down as well.

Good luck with your decision!
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote