100 lb. Club - Crossing my legs

View Full Version : Crossing my legs

JustBeckyV
12-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Ok - am I insane but I LOVE that I can cross my legs and and it not be so uncomfortable! lol I sit and the first thing I do is cross my legs!! :carrot:

time2lose
12-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Not insane at all, it is great! I am looking forward to being able to cross my legs.

HaleyisLove
12-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Omg this is what I always say is my goal for losing weight...to myself though... I have never been able to cross my legs and I always just lie and say it's because I think its stupid...but the truth is I cant... I really cant... I maybe can for about 10 seconds but it is soooo uncomfortable... I cant wait :)

cfmama
12-03-2009, 11:26 PM
that was a HUGE nsv for me!!!!

ubergirl
12-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I hear you! I'm still stunned when I find mine crossed.

Institches21
12-04-2009, 02:33 AM
I think that's is a Great NSV!!

catherinef
12-04-2009, 04:01 AM
I'm still not over the thrill of crossing my legs, and I've been able to for some time now. Heh. It's actually *more* comfortable for me to sit with them crossed than it is uncrossed.

Rosinante
12-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Great NSV, great feeling! Every time I cross my legs, not that I do it a lot, it gives me a thrill.

What always intrigues me is that I don't spend months checking to see whether I can cross my legs or not, just one day, suddenly, I can do it.

Good on you!

Violet73
12-04-2009, 08:16 AM
yes thats awesome! It makes you feel so....feminine :) I posted that as one of the reasons for me to stay on schedule .....to be able to cross my legs without it being painful....also without it cutting off my circulation! Good for you! :)

rrc
12-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Not insane. Any overweight person who has lost enough weight to do that knows exactly what you're feeling! Congratulations. I hope to be there soon!

Eliana
12-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Not crazy at all, but wonderful!

I'd add that I look forward to being able to sit cross legged on the floor again without both legs and feet going to sleep.

marigrace
12-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh yea...I remember that ! Something else to look forward to....

Nada
12-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Isn't it a wonderful feeling. I love crossing my legs without making a production out of it--just cross them without having to grab and pull on my ankle.

DCHound
12-05-2009, 11:54 PM
It just makes you feel so small to sit with your legs crossed, doesn't it. :)

arumaru
12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I've seen 300 lb people cross their legs, they were very top heavy. I'm the opposite, I don't have a gut but I have very thick thighs. I'm not sure when I'll be able to cross my legs but it isn't any time soon, that's for sure.

katkitten
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Ive always been fascinated with the way thin gals will sometimes sit Indian style in chairs. I think that'll be a fun one too! =0P

northerngirl73
12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I would love to be able to cross my legs, even just keept them together. I got stuck in the back of a cab about a month ago between 2 of my male co-workers. The hump in the middle makes it really awkward and I had to struggle to keep my kness together. My lower body was on fire by the time we got there and I was shaking. the alternative was to sit like a man and it all hang out. Not going to happen.

I had actually worked up a sweat with the effort. No more middle seat for me.

CLCSC145
12-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Congratulations!

This is kind of a funny story, but the last time I lost a ton of weight and got to 166 pounds (10 years ago), I was crossing my legs all the time, not thinking that it's really not good for your legs. Anywho, I started to find that one of my feet was constantly tripping or I would stub the toe of that foot. Being a bit of an internet hypochondriac, I suddenly had myself convinced that I might have MS. I was so upset and went to the doctor who told me that drop foot comes from nerve damage, and while it does occur in MS patients, it's also seen a lot in those who have lost a lot of weight and suddenly go overboard with crossing their legs! Sure enough, I laid off the leg crossing for a month and I stopped having drop foot. Sigh, I'm the queen of too much of a good thing. :o

momof5k
12-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Likely only those of us in this group could understand what a fantastic NSV that is! I love it too! congrats!!

K-boogie
12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I am laughing b/c I thought I was the only one who was thrilled about being able to cross their legs. It's so feminine! Congrats to you! :D

JustBeckyV
12-07-2009, 05:30 PM
TYTY everyone!! Fun to read this is others goals! Thanks for the reminder not to over do it too lol