Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/244/140

Default Hit a plateau

I have been on my journey since February and lost 55lbs. In August I had emergency surgery and was not able to exercise for 8 weeks. Since then I have returned to the gym and started back on my diet. My problem is that I am not seeing any weight loss. I seem to keep bouncing between the same 4lbs! I lose 1-2 and then I gain 1-2 back. It is very frustrating. I am trying to start over every day but lately I just want to say screw it and eat what I want until the New Year. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Karen
MdTerrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

How long have you been stuck? That happens to me from time to time. I've been dieting for a year now and each time I've "frozen in weight" I embrace it for two weeks. I give myself two weeks to be that weight. I see it as "Ok, I'm a ___?__lb person about to start dieting for the first time" Remember how quickly the weight dropped at the beginning of your weight loss journey? So for those two weeks, I just maintain that weight and let my body enjoy life for little. I cut back my work outs in half and I eat the same healthy diet, but I do indulge a little. Then at two weeks, i start all over, as if its the beginning of my diet. I started at 250 last November, and as of Sunday, I'm 150. That has helped me a lot. The two weeks let my body recover, and get comfortable, then I start working it again at full force. It's helped me EVERY time and I've had like 6 plateaus. Hope that helps.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote