100 lb. Club - Your advantages of healthy eating and losing weight.
12-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I have been reading the Beck Diet Solution. I think it's a good book. One thing you're asked to do is to make a list of all the advantages of healthy eating and losing weight. Dr. Beck says to read those advantages to yourself out loud in the morning and evening. I think it's such a good idea.
- I will feel better physically.
- I'll be able to get up and down off the floor more easily.
- I will be able to wear a smaller size.
- I will be much happier when I look in the mirror.
- I will be in better health.
- My pieces & parts (back, knee, foot, shoulder, etc) & those pains will improve.
- I won't be embarrassed to eat around other people.
- I will feel that I have really accomplished something important.
- My family will be proud of me.
- I will feel less self conscious when I perform.
- I will do more things.
- I will feel more in control of this aspect of my life.
- My lab numbers will be in a normal range.
- I can avoid becoming a diabetic.
- I will have food sanity - which I have wanted for a long time.
- I will be able to look at myself in a photograph and smile.
- I will be more active with my grandson.
What are yours?
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I will feel like a valuable member of society.
Maybe I won't feel like hiding.
I will have more confidence.
I will be able to clip my toenails comfortably.
I will stop having foot problems.
I will not have fears of not fitting on the roller coaster rides.
My dog will not slide off my lap.
I will not be embarrassed eating in front of others.
I will not be embarrassed at buffets.
I will be able to shop at normal clothing stores!
12-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I have read this book and made the list, which I still refer to.
My favorite item (I'm too shy to share them all) was always:
I will be thinner than her.
I left it vague because there were always so many 'hers'. My sister (sibling rilvary), ex-girlfriends, people you think are mean but pretty, etc.
It is a great thing to do.
12-03-2009, 11:43 AM
This is such a good idea. I will have to get started on my list! Thanks for sharing!
12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I will be able to shop in clothing stores that aren't specialized for larger sizes
I will increase my self esteem, and feel a great sense of accomplishment that I overcame my fat demon
I will know that I've probably not only added years to my life, but those years will have such a higher quality to them
I never want to wonder again if someone has said or done something because of my weight
I will feel like a valuable member of society.
you're totally a valuable member of society right now and would be at any weight, couldn't pass that one by without adding that!
These are nice...
One of my bigggies would be:
I will be able to travel without worrying about not fitting in the seatbelt on the plane or having to sit at an awkward, uncomfortable angle for the entire flight so I don't feel like I'm squashing the person in the seat next to me.
12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
-I won't have to hide behind people in pictures
-I will be able to confidently shop with my friends, instead of sneaking off into the plus-sized department.
-i will have a better chance of having healthy children some day
- I'll finally feel like I can take the next big steps in my life
- People will see me the way I've always seen myself
- I will feel healthier, my skin looks better and my tummy won't hate me
- I will finally be in control of my eating and weight gain
I think I really needed this post today....
12-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I love this!
~I will have way more energy
~I will not want to cry when I go shopping for clothes
~I will not feel ashamed when I bump into people from my (much thinner) past
~I will be able to go "shopping" in my own closet of beautiful clothes that haven't fit me in a longgg time
~I will want to go the beach, amusements parks, and go on vacation again
12-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Love this thread :D
- Agree with above poster 'be thinner than her' [insert lots of people]
- Be comfortable with my body
- Be proud of myself
- Feel sexy when I'm around my BF and when I wear clothes
- Not have to lie about my weight
- Be beautiful in my future wedding pictures
- Be able to get pregnant and have healthy babies
- Shop shop shop and not be afraid of not fitting into clothes~
- Feel confident to come OUT of the fitting rooms instead of hiding inside
- Be able to click down when on exercise machines (it starts at 150 lbs so I have to click up from there)
- Live a long life with my bf growing old together without complications
- Overall health
- Not have to untag loads of pictures on Facebook/retake pictures all the time/hide behind people in photographs
- Feel comfortable at the beach (maybe even in a two piece :goodvibes:)
- Live life to the fullest and do things I am not brave enough to do now (parasail, scuba dive, water ski, snowboarding)