Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #85

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #85

Mom2Gaby
12-02-2009, 12:20 PM
:tree:Hello & :welcome2: to the Back In Kindergarten thread! :tree:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc. :tree:

Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

:tree:http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/joannechiz00/little_girls_dreams.gif:tree:

:tree: You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! :tree:

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!
:comp: :cofdate: :comp: :cofdate: :comp: :cofdate: :comp: :cofdate: :comp:

Mom2Gaby
12-02-2009, 12:53 PM
whew, that took forever!!

Sue - How is your mother today? Yum to meatloaf, I can always get Gaby to eat that, she is so picky.

Cristina- miss you, hope you get some computer time :)

Sassy - got the new address, thanks! I forgot you moved this past year. Oops, I did too. lol I sent it on myspace??

anyway- spent waaaaaay too much time on the computer, need to get busy!

suetalks
12-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Quick update...Mom is still in the hospital. Drs. are trying to get rid of infection in her abdomen from, I guess, diverticulitis. New Drs. were called in to assess her blood work..details to me tomorrow....

Hoping we don't get ice with this rain tonight. I go to the hospital at 6:45 in the mornings and it is still dark. I told mom if it is icy I will wait until daylight to come. Then I miss the Dr. if he comes at his mormal 7:45, so I hope I can go at the regular time. Truthfully, I would like nothing more than to sleep in till noon....I am so NOT a morning person. Here I am having to actually interact and be pleasant with nurses and doctors before it is even light outside. Egads...

Keep the good thoughts and prayers going for mom. She still needs those. Thanks my friends!

Mom2Gaby
12-03-2009, 11:49 AM
You need coffee Sue! I am not a morning person either. It is torture being civil. I can manage w/ Gaby but that is probably why I am single. lol
Anyway - prayers and :hug::hug: for you and your mother.

Maintaining at 155, finally figured that is what I am going to do after trying for months to maintain at 145, just not happening. So, figure if I maintain over the holidays I will be a happy camper. :)

suetalks
12-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, I slept in this morning. Actually, I awoke around 6 since that was my pattern all week...it was nice to go check on mom then crawl back in a warm bed and snooze. Things are improving. Mom is up and down, but hopefully on the mend. I already had to call the Dr. office, but it was their fault. They didn't give us all the meds. when we left the hospital. SO I had to scoot back to CVS last night. I think we are all set now.

It was really cold here this morning. I was so thankful I didn't need to go out. So far all I have done was drink that coffee Susan ordered, read the paper and throw the rugs in the washer. Oh, ate a bowl of cereal and a small muffin too. I made muffins yesterday so DH can take a basket full to his sis' house for a card game tonight.

Otherwise, not much going on here. I read 3 Sue Grafton books while mom was sick..so starting another one tonight. Thinking about getting the Christmas tree up....

Mom2Gaby
12-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Wow, Sue. Is it just us?? I am just overeating lately, I feel the jeans getting tight. It's scary and frustrating.
anyway, glad you are getting some rest and your mom seems to be doing well :hug:
chat more when I get home!

suetalks
12-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Must just be the two of us Susan....Busy time for everyone I guess. Me, I have been lazy this week-end. Just trying to catch up around the house and with my relaxing. ha.

I have a nice pot of soup on cooking for dinner. I will make cornbread for the DH and biscuits for mom and me. The soup is called un-stuffed pepper soup and smells as good as it tastes. Just like cooking stuffed peppers..yum. I told DH I am going to plan a different soup every week-end and make him cornbread which he can heat up all week...no one else eats it. We can eat the soup one other time during the week too and if any left, freeze it for a week-end when we get busy and I don't cook. Right now I have veggie soup in the freezer, but we did eat all the chili from last week, (poor DH had to eat it a lot while I was at the hospital..) I cleaned out the fridge and will start over for the week...just hate to try to think of meals.

Tomorrow is day 1 of my back to exercise plan...I hate to even say it because every time I do mom goes back to the hospital and I get side-tracked.

Susan- Did you get to go see your girls? Go to the movie? I haven't seen a movie for so long. Really would like to see the new Sandra Bullock flick...but doubt I will go. I have been enjoying Lifetime and Lifetime Movies this week. Last night I even watched The Fugitive..again. Good film and Harrison Ford is a doll. Of course, I am old enough to remember the t.v. series. lol..

Okay, off to do the rest of dinner and get DH out of the work shop. He is a day away from finishing the kitchen cabinets he built for DD's farm house kitchen. I will post pictures when she gets her countertops..these cabinets are so awesome. (he says it is his last set of cabinets...they took too long)

Hi to all you BIKers and hope you have a good week ahead.

FrouFrou
12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...love the graphic...I need one of those, just trying to hang as well. Glad your mom is improving and feeling better. Soup sounds sooo good! Thinking tomorrow might be a chili day.

SUSAN...thank you for starting the new thread missy, I appreciate it and you! :hug: I meant to come back after my last post and do it, that's what happens when I stay away too long! Hope you had a good weekend in Portland.

I was so lazy Saturday, didn't get anything done. Exercise is bad, eating is bad and I am losing control! Not watching the little one tomorrow so hoping to get things done around here and some exercise in.

Hoping everyone had a good weekend! :wave:

suetalks
12-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Monday...blah. Awoke to a snow covered ground. I guess it was very slick early in the a.m. Luckily we didn't need to go out and it is melting quickly.

Got the beds stripped and laundry done. Cleaned out the back of my car, looking for my snow scrapers and brushes. All are gone...so I imagine I pitched them when I got the new car. I had my ear muffs and gloves that I always carry, but no scrapers. Hmm...Off to Wally World at the first opportunity.

Going to look over the cards and gift wrap to see what I need. I might even get the tree out today. I bought a new one last year and am not looking forward to figuring it out. :) We have not put up a big tree for many years...and I might decide this is a first and last for the 7 footer. haha.

Cristina- The soup was good. It makes so much...we ate, put a bowl in the fridge for later this week, put a bowl in the freezer for later in the month and have a bowl ready for DD to pick up for their dinner. I might even have a bowl for lunch..it was that good. :) I have also been lazy about the exercising, eating etc. But you are babysitting, and that is quite a hard job. (even though it is fun)

Okay...off to get some work done.....have a good Monday all you chickies.

Mom2Gaby
12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
It's freeeeeeezing here in Portland. I hate it when it is this cold, but there is sun so I won't complain too loudly.

Yippeee, Cristina. Hope it is just the holidays that knock us off track. I definitly need to get some salad stuff when I get back home this afternoon. Thinking of even getting back on SlimFast to help get the weight back down. It's nice to have you back :)

Sue - Unstuffed pepper sounds yummy. Do you have a recipe? I think I will go look it up and see. I love soups. The ex made a chicken soup and I pigged out on it, trying to believe it is ok, had a lot of veggies in it. I love any kind of bread but cornbread with lots of butter is a weakness. What a good wife you are :)

Oh, I didn't make Mr Fox, $$$$ goes quickly and thought I better shop for Xmas while in town and take advantage of the sales. Hope Mr Fox will come out in my little town soon.I really would like to see that w/ Gab.

anyway, off to get some coffee!!

:wave: to everyone!

FrouFrou
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Hiya Chickies

:brr::mrsclaus::rudolph:

SUE...you got me wanting soup! Today I am making a pot of chili...it is so cold out and it sounded good!

SUSAN...it's :brr: cold here too! Supposed to snow starting tonight, hope it doesn't get bad, ugh. Hopefully Mr Fox will show in your town soon...don't even know what that is, lol. Did you get all your shopping done? Love your signature!

Not a lot going on today. Staying inside and trying to stay warm. Fixing a pot of chili...well, cooking the pinto beans for the chili...then will throw it all in the crockpot and cook it for a couple hours. Trying to get my Christmas cards done...almost there. They will be ready to mail tomorrow! Other than that not much going on...trying to work on the family room...such a mess. But after today it won't be anymore...getting rid of all Cambrie's learning stuff from when I was babysitting her...and a lot of toys she doesn't play with, just little junk stuff. Sad I can't take them to the Goodwill anymore. Anyway...gonna go check my FB and then get back to work.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday! :hug:

RosieKate
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Hello everyone!

I weighed 169 after my run today so I am feeling pretty good about that :) I can't believe I ran---it is so cold. I thought , Well, I may as well try, once everything is numb, then the running should be easy." And it was, lol! I am becoming the insane runner I used to poke fun at. Still don't run very far, however. Right now I am halfway in the training program to bump up from a 5k to an 8k. Think I have a ways to go before becoming certifiable.

Classes are almost done! I just need to finish up some documentation for a big project that is due Thursday then its Winter Break for me - yippee!

I'm off to try to take a nap before the kiddos get home. The dog kept Dh and I up all last night...kept panting and growling. It was like he was having nightmares or something. Just like having a baby all over again. Not in a good way. I hope he doesn't do this tonight.

Hope you are all well

Ciao!

Mom2Gaby
12-08-2009, 12:08 PM
:carrot: scale topped 158 this morning - yay,yay,yay :dance: oops, wrong way.

Nevermind. lol

omg- what am I going to do!? My jeans are getting tight and it is NOT sexy. It is just uncomfortable and I can't breathe. Nothing sexy about turning blue. Unless you are a sicko. lol

Katy - yay to running, impressed. And kudos to school!! You should be proud of yourself, I am :) ...........of YOU, I mean. Not proud of myself. lol I mean I am proud of myself, I do have some self esteem. But ya, you know what I mean. Right?? :dizzy::dizzy:

Cristina - I made alittle chili last night out of spaghetti sauce, didn't want to boil pasta so just opened a can of kidney beans. Yum.

off to work, I will get tomorrow off so just trying to get this 8 hrs over with. Always tons to do, what a pain.

:wave: to everyone!!!

suetalks
12-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Un-stuffed pepper soup:

I 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 large onion (chopped)
3 green peppers (chopped..I leave large chunks)

Saute these in a large soup pot until the beef is no longer pink. Drain grease if needed.

Add 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans tomato soup, 2 (14.5 oz)cans beef broth, 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes, 1 can (4 oz) mushroom pieces.
Bring to boil, reduce and simmer 30 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cup cooked rice. Stir, heat through and serve.

Says it makes 10 servings..I think more.

I freeze 1/4 for later, give 1/4 to my DD, we eat 1/4 when made and still have 1/4 for lunches during the week.

Sassy_Chick
12-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Hi Everybody. :wave:

Hope u all are well.

:hug:

Mom2Gaby
12-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Good Morning -

How are you Sassy??

Sue - Thanks for the recipe, I will try it today, sounds yummy. See if I can get Gab to eat it.

Scale was 158.8 this morning. Argh. I don't know why, I don't think I am overeating or doing anything different. I am buying the slim fast today for sure and after the unstuffed pepper soup I am back to my salads.

anyway, a day off. JC Penney has some sales today that I want to check out and I need to get the xmas cards in the mail. Cleaning and other misc stuff to do.

so, chat at you all later!! :wave:

suetalks
12-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Susan...hope you like the soup. Better yet, hope the Gabster will eat it. :)

Sassy- Yup...doing good here.

Katy- Oh how I wish I could become the insane runner. I would love to run..sounds crazy at 61, huh?

Cristina- Chili sounds good too..tho we had that last week. I am just a real soup lover. Tonight I made spaghetti for mom, her fav.

Okay, I am really NOT liking this cold and wind. Had to change plans today. I was going to go shopping with DD...now that we re-scheduled for tomorrow it is supposed to be cold and icy. So, might not get to go again. We need fabric for her kitchen (I get to sew) and she wants some craft things at Michael's. I have one Christmas thing to take back...already. Ha.

Busy getting ready for the short trip Sat. Will be gone until late Tues. night. So...today I ironed and got things ready to pack.

Mom is doing so well....just hope it lasts and lasts. She loved the spaghetti dinner. :)

Sassy_Chick
12-10-2009, 02:48 AM
Hola Me Amigas! :wave:

How are we all doing? I hope well. Well we have the tree up, lights on, some ornaments (been doing it in increments since we've been working) and our stockings, gonna finish up this weekend. Also Friday is my DH's bday! :D

I dunno what to do for him though. Any ideas Ladies??? Last year we worked the night before and so when I got home that morning I put a happy bday sign on the door for him to see that my coworker made.

Saturday us and a bunch of our friends are meeting up at an Irish Pub for Karoke and fun so I was thinkin that I could buy him a cake and some balloons, take them to my friends house and have them bring it on Saturday to the Pub since all of our friends will be there? What do u all think???

Anyways, have a Good One!

Mom2Gaby
12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Scale at 159. I am so miserable.

Sue - Soup was delish! Maybe too much so. ha ha. Gaby ate some of the meat but she didn't like the pepper. I made some biscuits so she ate 2 of those, probably filled up on that. Little stinker.
Where are you going on the short trip? I am ready for it to warm up too.

Sassy - I like your idea about the pub and all for DH's birthday.

It's my Monday, I better get busy and do some errands before I have to check in. I am really hating working where I do , some of the co workers are dippy. It is annoying me.

k- chat more dribble later!! lol

:wave: to everyone.

FrouFrou
12-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Hmmm...I see yesterday's post didn't take...and it showed I was signed in, guess it's time to change the password AGAIN! Don't know what happened to my post grrrrrr...I iwll try to catch up tomorrow...have to go fix something for dinner.

jules1216
12-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Mom's surgery did not go well yesterday. I have had a bad feeling about this since the little lump first appeared. When the doctor opened her up to remove the two visible lumps and the four hot spots that showed up on the pet scan he found a huge mass in the front of her throat that he can't even tell where it begins and ends. There is really nothing left to do. Hospice will be contacted before she leaves the hospital. I am so unbelieveably sad. I am just not ready for this. Ry and her are so close and she may not live to see his first child. Headed back to the hospital...just wanted to check in.

Mom2Gaby
12-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I am sorry for the devasting news on your mothers health, Jules. Major :hug::hug::hug: to you and the family.

Cristina - sorry about the post, :)

Scale was 157.2 this morning. My sniffles are better and I have to go to work now. Argh. Suppose to start warming up over the weekend, ready for that.

Anyway, feels like a group hug moment :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

And I was meaning to mention that after being on FB for over a month now I always feel cloest to my 3fc friends. I don't feel overly comfortable w/ even my family. lol

suetalks
12-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Jules...I wanted to tell you here how unbelievable sad I feel for your family right now. I am praying that the time you have with your mom is blessed for her by the love of her family. Keep being thankful for the closeness you have shared and the fact that you have no regrets as you stated on FB.
Yes, a :grouphug: is needed. Thanks Susan.

I will "talk" to you all on Wed. I hope the poker gods are smiling on us for a few days...a big win would go a long way toward the holidays. :)

FrouFrou
12-12-2009, 11:55 AM
JULES...I am so sorry to hear the news of your mom. Lots of hugs to you all :hug:

SUE...enjoy your little trip!

SUSAN...yay to 157!

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Have the little rugrat today...she spent the night, Cambrie that is. Have to take her home later I guess...nothing was discussed as to whether they were coming to get her or what, lol. Then have lots of laundry and cleaning to catch up on. Other than that, not much going on.

Oh, forgot to WI this morning. Cambrie camped out on the living room floor and I was on the couch and so lazy this morning...just couldn't seem to wake up, still feel sleepy. Thinking it's the weather...so gloomy and cold.

Have a good weekend all, and try to stay warm! :grouphug::grouphug:

Mom2Gaby
12-12-2009, 06:40 PM
:hug: Thinking of you Jules :hug:

Sue - Have a safe trip and win some $$$! :)

Cristina - Cambrie is cute. How does she like being an older sister?

I am freezing and feel miserable. Worked and now going home. Scale was 155.2 this morning, yay. I feel better about that.

anyway, just managing a fast hello :wave:

Mom2Gaby
12-13-2009, 12:08 PM
:dizzy::dizzy: now confused. Scale said 159 this morning, thinking I am retaining water? I was 156 when I got home from work and had a few cups of chicken broth and a slice of bread, that was all - how can that be 3 pounds?
argh.

Sassy_Chick
12-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Jules -- BIG BIG HUGS!!! :hug:

I hope everybody is well!!

Shopaholic1204
12-14-2009, 01:47 PM
:hug::hug::hug:Jules:hug::hug::hug: I'm so sorry :cry:

Shopaholic1204
12-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Fonzo wants to move to Alaska. I'm actually considering it. They PAY YOU to live there!!! LoL!! I'm all for that!! I wonder how much they pay? I told him I would only move there if theres a city close by. I dont mind living out in the burbs, but I need a city thats close..with at least a couple diff malls. Does anyone know anything about Alaska?? Other than all the yummy salmon there, lol.

For some good news..we're both sick of take out. I mean totally tired of it!!! Tonight will be the 2nd to last time for take out food. I say this because we get paid tonight, so we're going to McDonalds as soon as we get paid. We're going to the grocery store tomorrow (safeway, not the effin commissary) and we're actually going to be MAKING food, lol. I want take out one more time before Jan..cuz thats when we're cutting out junk food for good!! I wonder how much money we'll save, lol.

Anyways..I better go. I can feel my allergy meds kicking in, and I'm getting sleepy. I was watching A Baby Story..and I started crying..so my nose wont stop running!! LoL!!

jules1216
12-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I lost a long post yesterday...hubby is feeling neglected so I gotta go before he throws a temper tantrum....

Sassy_Chick
12-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Howdy all typing this from my new I-phone. :)
pretty cool! Lol.

Francie - yes my step sister lived in Anchorage Alaska
for about a year. Her hubby is in the airforce.
She really liked it said Anchorage is really nice.

Jules - my hubby says the same thing to me if
i'm on the computer or now on my new phone. Lol

Shopaholic1204
12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Sassy..Welcome to the Wonderful World of iPhones!!!!! It's a serious addiction, lol. Trust me on that. I freaked out last night, because I lost my phone in the mess of blankets on the bed, lol. The apps I recommend are..Facebook, Twitter, & The Oregon Trail..lol!! Is Anchorage more city like?

Sassy_Chick
12-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Francie -- LMAO everybody who has an I-Phone tells me their fav apps. A supervisor at work said their is an app to make your camera night vision!!! Yeah I at first thought WOW this is WAY too much phone for me, but I do like it! Very awesome how you can multi-task!!! Lovin' It!

Yes Anchorage she said was more like city definitely. She said there was at least one mall I know and lots of things to do and looking at this website (http://www.anchorage.net/index.html), seems like there are plenty of things to do. Also on that website, you can send for a Travel Guide about Anchorage, so maybe do that too so you can get a better idea. I hope that helps. I just know that my step-sister really enjoyed it up there. ;)

Well we have decorated our cubicle at work. There is a Holiday Contest for each Team to do the best Holiday Themed cubes and our team ALWAYS comes in 2nd, so we are hoping for 1st this year but I doubt it because they didn't have their crap organized so they are all scrambling around at the last minute. :rolleyes: Our theme is "Twas the Night before Christmas"

My throat is killing me. I hope I am not getting sick. :barf: I have been very lucky so far and haven't gotten anything but it seems that I always get something right around Christmas. Maybe if I do get something now, maybe it will be gone by next week??? Wow can u believe it is only 9 days until Christmas??? :faint:

Well guess I have rambled long enough.

Have A Great Day!!! :D

Shopaholic1204
12-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Sassy-I just bought a Battleship app last night, lol. I LOVE it!! Haha!!! Take your time and explore everything that the iPhone has to offer. Get free apps..theres a lot of games on it that you probably used to play when you were younger. I love love love the Oregon trail!! It's better than the one I used to play in the 4th grade, lol. Theres even Twilight Scene It & a Twilight Tracker..which is how I met some of my Twitter friends, lol. I hope you guys win!! That sounds like a lot of fun. I noticed that we're the only place in our building that has a wreath up!! How sad. I will check out the website, and talk to Fonzo about it when he comes home. He used to live there for a little bit when he was younger.

Okay..so I have a question for everyone. Does a colon cleanse help you lose weight?? This morning, I was clicking through those ads on FB, lol..and I came across one that said a colon cleanse helps. And I remembered that Fonzo's friend is doing a colon cleanse to help him lose weight.

Sassy_Chick
12-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Francie -- Battleship cool! Yeah I have seen the Oregon Trail -- very cool indeed! About the Colon Cleanse I beleive that I have heard that they are unnecessary. I did find a link about it that is actually on 3FC: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/158004-dr-oz-colon-cleanse-oprah.html

FrouFrou
12-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Well, finally able to get here...

SUSAN...I wouldn't pay attention to the 159...don't think you could gain that much that soon, 'cause I know you don't eat that much...that would be a lot of calories for sure.

SASSY & FRANCIE...you young uns and your gadgets. Just DON'T text and drive!

JULES...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you lady! Hope it was a great one for ya. :hb: :balloons:

I am so freaking tired!!! Been walking the mall every morning 40-55 mns. Then running, running, running! I need a break but it's not gonna happen anytime soon unfortunately. Spent last night and tonight at the hospital...V's dad had a heart attack, or they think so...about 99% sure. He fell down sometime Monday and spent 12 hours on the floor before anyone found him. While there tonight they moved him to ICU right before we were getting ready to leave, keeping a close watch but they haven't said much yet. Had lots of tests and another...the main one tomorrow so maybe we'll know something for sure tomorrow night. Never stops I swear....anyway...heading on over to FB...will try to chat tomorrow sometime.

Nighty, night.

Shopaholic1204
12-17-2009, 03:49 AM
Sassy-Fonzo got the Battleship app too..so now we play against each other, lol. It's a lot of fun. (If your hubs has a iphone/itouch too, and you want him to have an app that you already paid for..just type in your email & password on his phone..and click on the app..and it installs right away. That way you dont have to pay twice for one.)

Cristina~Awww..thats so sad that he was on the floor for so long. I guess thats why its good to have one of those Life Alert things. I hope he's alright!!

I dont mean to sound like a grinch..but I wish Christmas was over already. I'm tired of the holidays. I haven't been in the mood for them since before Halloween!!!!!!! Although..I am really excited to make my first apple pie!! LoL!! AND I dont have to buy a turkey. The Navy gods gave us a free turkey for Thanksgiving..and it's been sitting in our freezer ever since, lol. Oh crap..I should take it out now, huh!??! Or should I wait? I can never tell when to take it out.

FrouFrou
12-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Hiya Francie...yeah, I hope he is okay too! Don't want to be attending another funeral. Yeah, we discussed the Life Alert last night and the night before. He usually has his cell on him and for some reason he didn't. I always forget to take the turkey out in time, lol. I think the rule is to let it defrost in the fridge a few days before, not sure/can't remember. I am like you, I've had enough of Christmas already and want it to be over with! I get into it at the beginning and then the closer it gets to the day, ugh! Oh well, it will be over soon enough.

Decided to not walk this morning, I feel so drained and sleepy. Waiting for the little one to wake to feed her and I think I will head to the grocery store.

Got all my laundry done last night but need to fold it today and put away. I love my Lily but I am glad I get a break tomorrow...not sure why I just can't see to get anything done, lol-I always managed with the kids. Of course all the running we've been doing is draining so that's probably what it is...that and too many late nights. Of course I always tell people hospitals suck the life out of you...and another night there tonight. Hoping he had a good night and is better. Anywho...I should probably go get some of that laundry folded before the little one wakes.

Take care all and have a great Thursday! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
12-17-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm watching Cake Boss right now. This snobby New Yorker chick asked for a cake for her "tea party" LOL!!! She got a call and she's all.."omg, I'm in Jersey" haha!!

Anyhoo...Fonzo gets off work early, so we're gonna go to the mall to finish up our Christmas shopping.

Cristina~I'm taking the turkey out on sat. It's been in the freezer for awhile. You just reminded me to do laundry!! I'm down to wearing mismatched socks. And I mean really mismatched, lol.

Haha..Buddy just got yelled at by his mom!! I love this show!!

suetalks
12-17-2009, 08:59 PM
I haven't been watching Survivor much, but from what I have caught, that Russell is a worm. I might be wrong, but it sure seems like it.

I got laundry caught up and the bathrooms cleaned. Why do you have to stand on your head to clean the darn shower? And how does it get so dirty...it is water for gosh sakes.

I might ad that I am "over" Christmas too. I know it was different when the kids were little...it was fun. I thought if I got a new tree and decorated more this year I would feel more involved, but it is just not happening. To make it worse...I can not think of a thing to tell DH that I want. He always shops at the last minute, but he does a good job. (this year might be the exception..lol)

Dr. visit went well. No more places had to be cut on...and he said as soon as I get 3 years passed the last cancer I can go to yearly visits. I had just gotten back to yearly when he found the last basal cell and had to go back to 6 months..ugh. But, I did feel good that there was nothing new to work on this time. And the last biopsy was benign...so I am hopeful it will continue uphill. I just hate to go and get every square inch of my body looked at...no fun.

Our trip was fun, no big wins, but once again I came home without spending any money. Just won enough to keep having fun. We are burned out on Vegas for now....

Sounds like everyone is busy and ready for the holidays. (or ready for them to be over) I am going to make candy and baked goods this week-end. Have shopping to finish up when I take mom to the Dr. tomorrow. I have DD and family here Christmas Eve, so I cook. Then Christmas Day we go to SIL's and she cooks, but we all bring a dish or two. New Year's Day I have the family in for a card party...I cook and they bring a dish. So, lots going on in the next two weeks. I am also making goodies to give to 12 neighbor families. Good grief, why am I sitting here??? I need to get busy!! :)

Shopaholic1204
12-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Hi ladies!! It's finally snowing!!! I'm so happy!! And its gonna be snowing all weekend..yay!! Tomorrow I'm going to bake lemon bars and play in the snow, lol!!

Anyways..has anyone read Joanne Fluke? I thought I remembered someone mentioning her (or did I imagine this?). I guess her books comes with recipes for yummy desserts in the back. I'm starting the first book right now. It's called Chocolate Chip Murder.

Sassy_Chick
12-19-2009, 05:36 AM
Hey ladies.
On my I-phone again and no Im not driving, Miss Cristina!! Lol!
I am lucky if I can just drive period, let alone texting and driving!!! Lol
Anywho DH and I are both sick, thanks to my coworker who gave it to me!! Guess she is still sick so I most likely will be alone this week @ work. Oh well hopefully w/ the holidays it will be slow. It was slow on Wed. and I was alone then too.
So we haven't been doing much to say the least. I just hope everybody is better by Christmas. My in-laws are sick as well.

Cristina - I sure hope V's dad is going to be ok!! :hug:

Francis -- yeah I need to check out some more apps. I already have some that my DH has already. Pretty cool how u can share stuff like that.

Well I hope everybody is well.

FrouFrou
12-19-2009, 04:17 PM
First I have to say THANK YOU to Susan, and Shel for the Christmas cards, and to Katy for the e-card! I meant to tell you (Shel) a few days ago but kept forgetting. :thanks:

SHEL...ya know, I don't know how anyone can text and drive but I have seen it, and the accident that almost happened too! A couple days ago it was a girl with two little ones in the back in carseats, ugh! Anyway...hoping everyone gets better soon...kinda crappy time to be getting sick, not that anytime is a good time. Yeah, we are hoping V's dad gets better.

FRANCIE...you and Jules keep that nasty white stuff to yourselves, lol. It looks so pretty but I hate driving in it, so messy. I love Cake Boss too! And there's another one, shoot, can't remember what it is. But they show 3 different places making cakes...daughter and I watched a mini-marathon, such crafty people.

SUE...yay to the docs visit, better safe than sorry right. Man you are gonna one busy lady the next week...the candy sounds so good!

JULES...how are you holding up? Lots of hugs to you and your mom.

SUSAN...enjoy your weekend in Portland!

Nothing much going on with me this weekend...same old, same old.

Have a good weekend all! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Hey gals,

Dh & I are still sick, but feeling better at least. As for my coworker, I don't know if she is getting better. Last I heard she's still doing bad so not sure if she will be returning to work this week or not.

Also my fil is back in the hospital again. They still aren't sure what's wrong with him. He had a 103 temperature and for him that is really high because he usually runs low. So not sure if he is going to be out for Christmas or not. We can only hope. I don't think it will bothery fil but I know it would kill my mil. So we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully he will get better.

Cristina - YW for the card and TY also for yours!! We got some snow yesterday, but it melted. But Dh said the roads are now icy so not good. I hope that it gets better by the te I have to go into work tonight.

I hope u all are well.

suetalks
12-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Planned a lazy day today..then got asked to baby sit. So far, so good. Mason is a doll, but very active. We played hard for an hour then he zonked....I should have. :)
Susan- Hope Portland is fun.
Jules- Hugs to you....ugh to the snow.
Francie- How do you like the snow now? ha
Cristina- Are you having the family dinner today?
Katy and Kathy- Is school out for the holidays?
Shel- Hugs to your FIL...hope he is okay and home for Christmas. Hope also that you and DH recover quickly.

Yesterday DD and DGD came over and made crafts and we cooked. I made Chinese chews, puppy chow and reindeer belly buttons. That only leaves fudge and cookies for tonight. Was going to do some this afternoon and still might if they come get Mason early.

Made pancakes, eggs and sausage for breakfast/brunch...I ate only 1 small pancake and 1 small sausage...and I don't eat syrup, so I was happy. SO far lately I have been having no night time snacks and keeping my meals "real"....now sampling the goodies yesterday killed me for the week, but maybe not too badly. I was UP 3 pounds after our trip and I don't see how since we ate only twice a day and minimal snacks. I think restaurant food makes me retain because yesterday I had lost the 3 pounds and another half...Right back where I started from. SO...if I hold on through the holidays I will get back in earnest after. Only 2 days I will have to really watch out for...and I am planning some foods I can eat those days. It is just so dis-heartening to keep getting bak to this weight and TRYING to go below....I could still kick myself for putiing the 10 pounds back on after last Fall. Grrrr... I so remember when I was thin and grandma kept telling people I could eat anything and never gain a pound...wish for those days again. But I smoked like a chimney and I am not going to do that again just to stay thin.

Okay...need to go do a few things B4 Mason awakens. I have no idea how long he will sleep....

FrouFrou
12-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Hello all...

SASSY...hugs to your FIL and MIL :hug: Hope they find out what's wrong so he can be home for Christmas. Looks like my FIL won't...he's better but working on walking. Hope you and the hubby feel better soon too!

SUE...I have no idea what reindeer buttons or Chinese chews are but the puppy chow sounds like what Ernie dog used to eat, lol. I assume they are some sort of cookie? We did have Sunday dinner, ha! I surprised them and fixed breakfast...made Josh happy-he loves bacon and hasbrowns, lol. Was just trying to come up with something we haven't had in a while.

Not much going on...gearing up for Thursday, lots of cooking and may end up with a few more guests if people end up at the hospital for the day...we are close so they can come for dinner if they like. Anyway...too much work to think about so I'm not, lol. Taking Lily to see Santa tomorrow. Poor baby is sick so I hope she is okay and awake for it. She is 3 months old today and growing like a weed.

Guess I better get going...DS is gone until Christmas, hubby is working and it's just me and the daughter and I have some things I need to get done. I've resorted to getting the laundry done and other stuff such as that in the evening once Lily is gone. I get some done during the day but not everything-but I am NOT complaining, not at all...she is definitely worth a messy house and getting behind on the laundry!

Take care all, be safe on the roads and try to stay warm! :hugs:

Sassy_Chick
12-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Hola All. :wave:

Well I am feeling better! :D Thanks to Delsym and Mucinex!! :D I had been taking just the Mucinex, but lastnight I started coughing so had DH stop to get some Delsym and so far, so good!!! I can breathe and no coughing!!! YAY!! :cp:

You all have been baking and I haven't done a thing. :( Oh well I still have time, right!!! lol. I have cookies to make Snickerdoodles and Turtles. DH is gonna make a couple Jello Cakes (YUMMO!!!) for work. I still dunno what to make for dessert yet for Christmas? I made my apple pie for Thanksgiving. DH is making his Grandmas Chocolate bread pudding, but we usually have at least 2 desserts. So I dunno.

Sue -- Mason is a doll. Very cute indeed! Glad you are enjoying him. :)

Cristina -- Aww I hope Lily Feels better!!! My house is a mess only I have no one to blame but the cats, DH and myself!! lol.

Merry Christmas Everybody!!! :gift2::rudolph::tree::ginger:

Shopaholic1204
12-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Deleting this.

suetalks
12-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Francie- I hope you are ready for the new plan....what is the new plan? haha.. I will make my normal resolution and try, try again. :)
Sassy- You are running out of time for the baking lady...lol.
Cristina- I haven't had Mason here much lately, but it is fun. I am so happy you get to see your baby girl so often. But they do tire ya out for sure.

Chinese chews are chow mein noodles and cashews stirred into melted choc. and butterscotch chips. Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper and chill. Yummy little candies. Reindeer belly buttons are little pretzels that you sit a kiss on..heat for 3-4 minutes then push a m&m down on the middle of the kiss. It pushes the melted choc. into the pretzel then has the M&M on top. Real cute.
I made both plus pbutter fudge, choc. walnut fudge, snickerdoodles and puppy chow (Crispex cereal, choc, peanut butter, powdered sugar..it does look like dog food) Took treats to 11 of our 13 neighbor's houses today. In return I got sugar cookies, cinnamon bread, zuchinni bread and date nut bread.
We will not lack for treats for the week. :)

Tomorrow I will make my dips and spreads for Thurs. Then have 2 casseroles to fix that morning. We just have DD and family here in the afternoon/evening and relax. DD is bringing margaritas since I am going Mexican this year. Christmas day we have the traditional meal..ham, all the fixings. By Saturday I will be needing to jog....and more.
Haven't wrapped Mom and DH's gifts yet, but that is really all I have left to do. DH actually got my gifts under the tree before I did his. :)

Okay...off to get some sleep... Hope you all have a Merry, merry and a Happy, happy. :santa::hohoho::elf::clause:

the neighborhood kids were doing this today......:snowfight:snow4:

Sassy_Chick
12-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Hola.

Well feeling better but still feel icky.........:p Have a major headache for some reason. Took Excedrin Migraine so we shall see.

I am gonna bake my cookies when I get home from work in the morning. DH is off tonight so he is doing laundry and cleaning up the kitchen. :)

At work there are some changes happening with our team. Some are moving to merge with another team and some are not. I dunno how they are determining who stays or who goes, so far I have been told they have not seen my coworker (who works with me at night) or my name on the list. Thats good cuz I'd rather not go to that team. Also now we are back under "The Weasel" if you all remember him?? He was the one who fired my DH and was just a royal pain the you know what. Yeah we are under him again. YAY. So that is probably why I am not moving back to that team because its closer to him and I doubt he wants me there. lol.

Anywho. I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Big :hug:

Shopaholic1204
12-24-2009, 01:06 AM
The plan is kind of an inside joke, lol. I took it from Friends, when Rachel was trying to get this guy and it wasnt working. She kept getting all these crazy ideas, so she was all like.."that is the new plan" LoL!! So I just call it that.

FrouFrou
12-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Hello all...

We had our Christmas dinner today, our Christmas with Josh and the fam. Tomorrow son #1 will be home for yet another dinner...mostly leftovers but whatever...he knew that so. So Christmas #2 tomorrow...at least it's not untl 4'ish so I can sleep in...after today I NEED too! Anyway...need to go and clean some in the kitchen and hit the hay. Wouldn't you figure the day I don't need to get up early I do anyway. I woke up at 6 something and just got up, hope I don't do that tomorrow.

A very Merry Christmas to all!

:clause::candy::present::hohoho::xcheer::gift2::wr eath::rudolph::tree::ginger:

Oh, almost forgot...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY! Hope your day is extra special!
:celebrate::bday2::hb::balloons::bday2you::balloon s::woo::hb::celebrate:

Sassy_Chick
12-25-2009, 04:10 AM
I forgot to tell you all that my fil is home!!! :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2576/2576540uymrqi8i8q.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

jules1216
12-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Sassy-hubbys dept at work is going through some changes...they are getting a new boss. There is much grumbling and nashing of teeth..they all thought one of the guys who has been in that dept for over 29 years would get it but they put someone else in. hubby has not been happy and I doubt this choice will make it better, but you never know.

Cristina--Teri and Dominic came over some last night--Dominic opened his gifts. There's freezing rain this morning and Ry has to go to work at 2, Mom's not feeling well so I don't know what is going to happen. Hubby and I are actually not feeling great either.

Sue--Mexican sounds good!! You have been one busy lady. I am still going to make my lasagne today, I am not sure how much else. If Ry can't make it out today he may come before work this weekend.

Francie--I need a new plan cause the last one didn't work, due much to me and not the actual plan....are you getting the freezing rain this morning? We are.

SuzyQ & Katy--hello to both of you.

Kathy--Happy Birthday stranger.

I did bad with the cards again this year....I guess I could still send them late...

Merry Christmas to all!!

FrouFrou
12-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Merry Christmas All...

JULES...hoping everyone feels better soon! :hug: Lasagna sounds good to me, as does mexican! I always say I am not gonna cook the traditional big dinner I always do but I do it anyway. Bet Dominic had fun opening presents!

SASSY...good to hear your FIL is home for Christmas! So is my FIL...funny because he went home two days after being in ICU...we didn't think he was ready but apparently the docs did :shrug: Hope you and the hubby are feeling better.

SUE...all those goodies sound so good! Hope you and the fam had a great Christmas Eve and Day.

FRANCIE...I too need a new plan, or just a plan would do, lol. Actually, I started walking at the mall but missed a few days and with the kids out of school and the holidays, I am thinking I will wait until after New Years to jump back in with it.

SUSAN...hoping you and the girls had a great Christmas Day!

KATHY...hoping your Christmas was extra special, Happy Birthday again.

Hiya KATY!

I am sure I missed someone so HI :wave:

Glad it is over! Actually wasn't so bad. Cooked for Josh and the fam yesterday and had a few leftover dishes but added some freshly made ones to today's meal for son and friend, and still have food left! Tomorrow I am going to make some turkey chili. Never had it but don't want this turkey to go to waste so...daughter got me some Leslie Sansone dvd's so now I really have to workout, lol...something new so it should be interesting. Getting on track with the eating tomorrow and will try to get some workouts and walking on the treadmill, we'll see. Won't have Lily for a whole week :( Josh is home until the 4th, I'mm gonna miss my lil butterball. Anyway...chat later.

Shopaholic1204
12-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Okay ladies...do you guys wanna join me in my New Plan?? I'm going to start exercising as soon as I can in Jan. I'm going to join Curves, and work on eating in moderation..maybe even do a little calorie counting. Whatcha say? Any ideas are welcome in the New Plan.

Jules~We were supposed to have freezing rain yesterday, and didnt get anything. So maybe today? Who knows. Of course, if it did rain, then I dunno. We didnt go outside, lol. I'm starting to get cabin fever.

Sassy_Chick
12-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Good Morning Ladies!
How was your Christmas? Mine was really good!
Dinner was good and everything went smoothly.
We decided on having pies for dessert. So I made
a cherry and a blueberry. The Blueberry was very popular.
I got a Bass Guitar from DH for Christmas. I've been wanting one
so now I have one. Now just have to learn to play it!! Lol. I got a couple of nice blouses and sweaters from my mil.

So how was your all's Christmas? I hope well!

Any New Years Resolutions? I think mine is to be a better me, both inside and out!

jules1216
12-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Francie--we definitely got it in the morning, it's just raining now. They are calling for maybe more snow on Sunday night--not much. I like my snow around 3 inches at a time not 19!!! 19 takes too much time to go away!! Sounds like a good plan..I am in...January 1st it is.

Cristina--the lasagne turned out good and so unfotunately did the dessert. Ry's suppossed to stop by today...I send some home wiht Teri and I will send more with Ry & Tonya or I will be eating way to much. It's called Lemon Delight--it's real easy to make--butter and flour and walnuts baked to create a crust, cream cheese, powdered sugar and cool whip for the next layer then lemon pudding, and finally another layer with more walnuts sprinkled on top. I have also switched the pudding to chocolate and sprinkled choclate shavings on top.

Well, Teri and Dominic did come out, but to avoid a head on collision with an SUV she ended up stuck. WE came and got her in our car and had a terrible time getting back home. Jerry adn Teri went back up with the tractor only to find the car had been towed in less than an hour!! We were all ticked. There is a law if a car gets stuck in the snow while plowing is being done it will be towed but there was no plowing being done!! Should have been salting though!! As Cristina pointed out--at least nobody was hurt. It could have been worse--the car could have went over the bank into a deep ditch with Teri and Dominic in it.

jules1216
12-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi SassY!!!

suetalks
12-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Good afternoon. We had a wonderful two days. Lots of family, good food, fun and laughs. Today I am pooped. I slept in and have been pretty lazy. I did 2 loads of laundry and that is about it.

We didn't do big gifts, just hard to think of what we would want. I got DH some things for his shop and he got me a few things I wanted for the kitchen and some slippers. He always gives me a Kohl's gift card, so I am looking forward to shopping. I got him an MP3 player for when he walks, so I have to figure out how to load songs. Got some other cash too...a beautiful blouse from my daughter, who knows me so well, books, etc.
Daughter got a Kindle, which I am curious about...I might have something to ask for in the future.

I am experiencing my "after the holiday blues" as usual, so I just muddle through. I get feeling so bad because of the family we did not see and those who have gone before. Happens every year and I know it is coming on, so I go with the flow. Have my cry and try to lighten up... It would help if the sun would shine, it is so gray.

To all who have a rough time during this time of year, keep your chin up and look forward to a great 2010. I am!

FrouFrou
12-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Happy Monday, ladies!

SUE...I get that way a few days before Christmas and wish it was over. Funny 'cause once it's over I am fine...it has been that way for many years now. Glad you guys had a nice Christmas.

JULES...so glad that no one was hurt. That is why I hate driving in the snow/ice. I don't worry about myself and my driving but the other idiots on the road. I swear no one slows down and it scares me. Around here if the tow truck companies aren't busy they drive around looking for cars to tow. The dessert sounds yummy...sounds like something for the next Sunday dinner...tired of the same old stuff.

FRANCIE...sounds like a plan to me! I have to do something, I've gotten so lazy.

SASSY...glad you and your family had a nice Christmas. Ours was fine, both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. A guitar eh? Sounds fun!

Hello to everyone else wherever you are :wave:

I got the tree down yesterday. Was going to leave it up until New Years but hubby is home for yet another week and what better time to paint, lol. I have been wanting to do something different in the living room and so far I LOVE IT! Kind of a cinnamon color. I thought it might be too much or maybe too dark but it's not, not so far...not finished yet. Was going to change to wood blinds but thinking now they may be too dark so will keep the white but I definitely need some valances or something...going simple. I am ready for the New Year and what better way to start it than with a whole new look in the house. Would love to paint the outside, oh well, that will be for another day. Of course you can't paint in the winter I know this. Anyway...and I am ready to start with my plan and getting back on track with the exercise/weightloss.

Have a great day!

Mom2Gaby
12-28-2009, 04:02 PM
If 160 doesn't scare me I am in trouble. Went to the basement and dug out a size 8 jean ( I was in a 6). Need to get seriousand stop the hoilday feast!

Sassy_Chick
12-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Hola All. :wave:

How is everybody???? I am feeling really nauseous for some reason. :barf: I think I need a new body cuz this one is falling apart. :rofl: I dunno. I've been getting lots of headaches lately I dunno if its cuz I need new glasses or what. Have to go get checked out I guess. lol.

Cristina -- Yup. I've been wanting a Bass Guitar. ;) Its HUGE! But I think its cool. Something else for me to do besides sit on my butt, eat and watch tv! lol.

So what do girls have planned for 2010?? Or shall I say, what would you like to have happen for 2010?

I seriously want to be a better me all the way around. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally too. ;)

Hey also kinda off topic but since this is a weightloss forum, have you all seen the commercial on tv for the boob exerciser? Its a stick that has resistance that you kinda squeeze together and then apart to firm your breasts? I was just wondering if that actually works??? Cuz I would definitely love to firm my "girls" up. :rofl: Only from me, right ladies???!!! lmao.

But I seriously am tired of not having the body I want. I mean I don't want to be a Miss America or whatever, I just want to be a better me and less flabby! I think with me losing the weight I have already and by me not exercising, that has caused the flab! I want to not only lose weight, but to be firm or firmer. lol.

So what simple and the keyword here is simple here, lol, exercises can I do to um firm up my arms, breasts and behind? Those are my trouble spots. I think I will check out some stuff online and what not but figured I'd ask you ladies here too. ;)

Also I need to give up Mt. Dew, AGAIN. I swear that stuff is so addicting! I try and try over and over again to quit it and nope I always go back to it! So frustrating esp when I completely gave it up for several months, maybe even a year almost and dang it once again I have the demon on my back! lol.

Well I hope you all are doing well!

suetalks
12-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Good evening ladies. Well, my after the holiday blues and feeling bad was not all in my head. I have ended up with a UTI and had to go get meds. yesterday. Still not feeling too perky today, but have to feel better tomorrow...just have to. Groceries need to be picked up, house cleaned and food prepared for the card party Friday. Not to mention a basket of ironing..ugh.
Anyway, Susan I can certainly identify with you lately. No, not the yucky pickled beets, but......when I got on the scale at the Dr. office I thought my head was going to explode. That could NOT be right!!! Good grief! I have no bigger jeans, none, this is as big as they get, so STOP right there. :)
Yes, Francie, I am up for any kind of "plan" and am considering any and all options.
Sassy, Just giving up my soda is not going to be enough. (I only drink one or two a week) But I hope un-doing the Dew helps you. haha
Cristina, I would like to hear your plan also..although I know your plan includes lots of exercise...and I kinda fail in that area. I wish I had pushed for the exercise bike for Christmas...but I kept thinking I had no room for one.

Jules, Katy, Nice to hear that you had good holidays.
Where is Kathy?
Mindee..Hope the little ones get well soon.

I am hitting the bed early in hopes that I feel all perky and "housewifey" tomorrow. Darn meds. make me queasy, but I can get past that. *fingers crossed.*

Mom2Gaby
12-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Indeed where is Kathy?

Bleh to Mt Dew Sassy. lol I wish you luck on that one. It took me awhile to give up soda all together, now I love my coffee.

Sue- I hate watching the scale go up. Not sure what the heck I am doing wrong. Always been able to get it back down but not this time. See how it goes. I have to breathe though. lol

better get, Gaby and I have some chores to do before bedtime.

Sassy_Chick
12-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey girls.

Well more crap at work. Basically nobody knows what the *h* is going on here. People getting moved and some aren't. Nobody is being told anything! Driving me crazy! All I want to know is: Do I still have a job or not???!!! Also word is by July of next year, our co. is selling so all of us who are left here will most likely be out of a job anyhow.

UGH I hate the not knowing! Is it too damn much to ask to just know if I am going to be employed or not????!!! I totally broke down before coming into work tonight. I couldn't help it. If they were to tell me, "you are being let go" at least I would know!!!!!!! I hate the not knowing and everyday coming in and wondering if I am going to have a job or not!!!!!!!!

I know lots and lots of people out there are going through the same thing or have already been through it. I am thankful to have a job until I don't have one anymore. But it still doesn't mean that it is not frustrating!

Anywho guess that is it from me. Sorry its not very "Sassy" today. lol. Can't help it. lol. Guess I just have to look at the positive. I've been wanting out of here for a while now. So if I get laid off, then maybe its a blessing.

suetalks
12-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Sassy- I say start putting out feelers for other employment. I know it is not a good times for that, but occasionally a good job might pop up. Keep all your options open. You have been wanting to change jobs. Good luck. My DD is facing the same thing, wondering if her boss is going to retire next year. She is interviewing and testing for a county job and if it comes through she will go, just to cover herself. Although she hates to leave the job she has, she has to be pro-active. She is single with a child to support. On the other hand I have a DGS here who can not find work.

Susan- I feel your pain. My scale just keeps moving up. This week it might go down due to this illness and feeling so bad. I hate to lose weight that way, but it is something. ha.. Mom loses 10 or 15 pounds every time she goes to the hospital...what a way to lose. No thank you...darn it.

Had to go to the grocery store and get supplies for Friday. DH told me that today is the day that I should cancel the party if I don't feel like having it. Truthfully, I am worn out from shopping. Takes so long to get your strength back after feeling sick. But I think I can get the housework and cooking done tomorrow if I rest today. The ironing will NOT get done until after the party. So what if DH has to appear naked...lol. (Entertainment for the guests, right?)

Mom is doing real well and sees the specialist the 5th about the blood disorder. That is another bridge to cross, but we are optimistic. She has been cleaning her bedroom and bathroom today and I had to laugh at her grumbling about cleaning out her "junk" drawer. She said "you should have seen all the junk in there." Yeah mom, that is why we call it a junk drawer. haha I have more than 1 of those that needs cleaned.

Hope you are all gearing up for a new year.

Shopaholic1204
12-30-2009, 05:30 PM
I hate my family!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish I had been born into a different family. One that doesn't pick and choose who they love. I just found out today that my cousin is getting married in March. Did anyone bother telling me? Nope, not until today. Apparently everyone has known for awhile. Then my other cousin (who is in the Army) is moving to Hawaii!!!!!!!! And my cousin was all.."we're saving up money to go visit." I mean okay..I get that he's her brother, but still. NOBODY except my mom visited me while I lived in Washington. They all said they'd visit, but never did. They were all excited about coming to visit too. Because WA is so pretty and they wanted to see the volcano and blah blah blah. Some even said they'd visit me in Maryland. To see the Naval Academy, and go to DC, etc. They never will come. And you know...I dont think I want them to visit. I dont ever want to see them again. I feel like my cousin Tommy. The messed up outsider. Nobody ever speaks his name because of what he's done. (And no..he didnt kill anyone, lol. He's just a drug user and has been in jail too many times to count) I really miss him..but whenever I ask about him..they just shake their heads and say "what a shame". Maybe they do that with me too. My family fully believes in tough love. He was always my fave cousin..so it figures I'd end up an outcast like him, even though I kinda made myself one. Maybe instead of trying to find my father, I should look for my cousin. Then we can compare notes on how much our family sucks!!!!!

Okay sorry..I really needed to vent.

jules1216
12-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Francie--Hugs sweetie....when it warms up in the spring I will meet you at a metro station in DC...we can hit the museums...Hope you fin you cousin, didn't know you were looking for your Dad. Me and my Dad have reconnected, he still can be an insensitive jerkface that speaks before he thinks how it will sound but I do love him.

Sue--hope all goes well with your Mom's appt...tell her I have a junk room she can work on....sorry about your infection. I am debating whether or not on getting my perscription refilled for the pills for my rosacea, the ointment alone doesn't do the job but the pills are $60 for 30 pill with insurance. Too funny about the not ironing....

Sassy--I would want to know too. I agree with Sue, start working on your resume and just looking to see what's out there. I have started on my cokes again too. I was good today, switching to tea and coffee, need to work the water back in.

Suzy--my pants are getting a little snug too....I guess I can't wear my pajama pants everywhere so I need to do something. New Years Eve will be my last hurray even though it's mainly veggies. I am going to jump start myself with my yearly cleanse and go from there. I am also definitely giving up coke and I can't even do diet coke or diet cherry dr pepper...it's like an alcoholic thinking he can drink near beer....I am going to have to suck it up...I do like coffee and tea....water is key, but it's just so hard to stick with.

Cristina--I would love to paint my living room but hubby is so boring and bull headed...it's calling for freezing rain after midnight and 1 to 3 inches of ice/snow/sleet crappy mix. Teri is a good driver, I just wish she would get it through her head that it's the other person you have to worry about especially when Dominic is in the car.

Hi to mindee, Katy and Kathy!! Hope you all all well.

Mom's actually doing suprisingly well after her treatment and the steroids to reduce the swelling. I know it's not going to last but I will take it as long as it does.

well, going to go out with hubby...he's whining I am ignoring him....

Sassy_Chick
12-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey Chicas!

Well the news FINALLY came from our new OPs manager, who knows my Husband, said that he used to work with him? But as far as I know our OPs manager just got hired on not too long ago and my husband has been gone from this co. for almost 2 years now? Anywho.

The news is.............my coworker and myself are being moved to Dayshift. So losing our shift differential, my coworker is a single mom and really can't afford it, me, as you all know my husband works nights so yup I won't get to see him. So yup thats the news.

But at least I still have a job and because our supervisor (the weasel that I had last year) hates me, thats basically why I got screwed. But you know what? He is not going to break me. He thinks he may have, but nope, he's not gonna. I won't let him. I am gonna laugh and smile and have a good time! Screw him! And you know people who hate you hate it when you are all fun and nice and cheery to them! HA HA!

Can't break me baby! No way! LOL!!

Shopaholic1204
12-31-2009, 03:41 AM
Jules~You're very sweet, and I would really like to do that. I have to warn you, I take a gazillion pictures, lol. Ya, I've been looking for my dad for 3 years now. I found a address for him and sent him a letter, but it came back. I did find something about him on Google. He married his longtime girlfriend. I dunno what I would say to him. He was one insenstive jerk to my mom. As for my cousin, I can only find his court records..I dunno where he lives now.

I bought The Flat Belly Diet book today. I'm going to read the whole thing before starting the diet though. For now, I'm just gonna stock up on healthy foods and dark chocolate, lol!! Going grocery shopping later today, and Safeway has those Eating Right foods. I ate them last time and actually lost weight beforw I got all lazy, lol!!

I hope you're all ready to join me on this NEW weight loss journey!!!! I gotta change my ticker, lol!! But I'll do that later, I'm on my iPhone now.

Okay..back to reading, then off to sleep. Goodnight!!

Ps..that guy is a LOSER!! He must be really unhappy with his life.

Shopaholic1204
12-31-2009, 03:42 AM
Oops...that ps was for sassy, lol

jules1216
12-31-2009, 09:33 AM
Sassy--well at least you got a job!! yeah to that!! The place I work isn't doiong the best but we are still muddling thorugh--managements decisions are not always the best at our place.

Francie--I haven't been to DC in a couple of years, would love to go back so I am in. Ty call the Washington Momument the big penis shaped object. He cracks me up. I have never gone to the top. When it gets closer to choosing a date I will get us tickets.

well, we got another 3 inches of snow...I know I was excited but I have had enough. I shoveled and swept and hubby is out on the tractor plowing again..... I have also made the bed, did a few dishes (I should have done last night), put a load of laundry in--ran the vaccum and now I am having my coffee....I'd like to run to the store today to get groceries and then I can stay home the rest of the weekend.

Mom2Gaby
12-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Scale :157, yay.
Will catch up later, I have a different schedule at work this week, have to be there at 9am, and it is 9 now. lmbo.....yikes

Shopaholic1204
12-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Jules~HAHAH!!! The Washington Monument does look like that. We were gonna go up it, but I was too chicken, lol. My friends said they went to the Pentagon mall or something. I would LOVE to go there, lol.

Susan~YAY..and shame shame..lol

Sassy_Chick
12-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the support all! Yeah I am just happy I still have a job.I know a lot of people don't right now!!

Happy New Year All!!!

Shopaholic1204
01-01-2010, 02:01 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RosieKate
01-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Happy New Year, Everyone!

I hope to get back into my Monday weigh-ins and stay up to date with you all better than I have been. The holidays were lots of fun, but my scale is screaming! I am starting food diaries again and I have a 5k run on the 9th, so it's time to run, baby,run!

I'm not "officially" weighing in until Monday, but my scale says I gained 10 pounds in the last week and a half - AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH...I should know better. But, boy, I have been having a lot of fun. I think a bunch of it is water retention, so we'll see what the next few days bring.

Today is a day to hang with friends and watch the Rose Bowl - Go Ducks!

I just know 2010 will bring great things for all of us!

jules1216
01-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Happy New Years Day everyone!! Had a nice evening with Ry and Tonya and of course my little Dominic. Can't believe he turns 2 on Monday!! Mom's treatment does seem to be improving the quality of the life she has left. It won't cure her but does ease the pain. SHe has more energy. Find out on the 11h the sex of Ry and Tonya's baby.

Katy--I haven't weighed myself...I am a little scared. I am going to do a Monday weigh in myself. I am also going to be not only food journaling but also day to day life. Going to try to find a positive in each and every day.

Sassy-Francie and everyone else--Happy New Years to you. Here's to a new year, new beginnings and a new plan whatever it may be.

Dominic and hubby are outside playing in the new snow, going to go join them!!

Shopaholic1204
01-01-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm doing a weight loss journal too. Not really just for food..but for exercise, and complaining about my struggles, lol. I haven't weighed myself yet, because our scale needs new batteries. We went grocery shopping a little while ago, and managed to save $200 by not buying crappy foods!! Yay!! Although, Fonzo & I got into a fight in the canned food aisle, lol. He wasnt being supportive at all..and I almost walked out of the store. He knew he was being a jerk too. But we managed to work things out in that aisle and move on.

We're gonna go to Game Stop right now and see if we can find a used Wii. I really regret selling our Wii awhile ago. But we needed the money badly. We went to 2 stores yesterday, and they only had the new ones. So hopefully we can find a used one. If not, then at least I get to buy the Wii fit.

Oh ya..we had a late start today, lol. Slept in until 3, lol. But we went out to eat. I had whole wheat blueberry pancakes and a fruit cup. Very yummy!! So I'm proud of myself that I ate that, lol.

Okay..fonzo is ready to leave, so gotta go.

Shopaholic1204
01-02-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm back..lol.

We couldn't find any used Wii's, so we just bought a new one from Target. I also bought Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy. It comes with a little camera, so it can detect & correct your movement, and lets you exercise controller free. And you dont even need the balance board. You can even use your own exericse equipment!! I just need to find them now, lol. Or maybe I'll buy more later if I cant find them. I also bought this other game called Just Dance. It's sooooooo much fun, and it gives you a bit of a workout too, lol. I was really sweating while doing some of the dances, lol. My best score was during "Can't Touch This" LOL!!! Some of them are really hard though, and require a lot of movement. Which is a good challenge.

Anyways..I feel a little bad because I gave in and bought a meatball sub from Subway. I was gonna go for something healthy, but I just didnt really want to, lol. I did get a 6 inch one though, so I guess thats okay. I doubt I worked it off by that Just Dance game, lol.

OHH..did I mention that I got my eyebrows threaded?? It wasn't as scary as I thought it was gonna be, lol. It didn't hurt all that much either. It felt like plucking. The girl even shaped my brows, thank God!! LoL!! They were uneven for awhile, lol.

Okay...going to go watch Mama Mia. I bought the dvd finally, and it has a sing along!!! Yay!! I'm a singing & dancing machine tonight!! LoL!!

Mom2Gaby
01-02-2010, 02:03 PM
What is threaded eyebrows???

I am in for a Monday weigh in!! I know now I need exercise in my daily routine. It is impossible to keep weight off without some form of exercise. I hang my head all the way down to the potato chip bag. lol
It is hard while in Portland to stay on track but I went to the store and bought what I like to eat. The ex is waaay too good of a cook. I strayed last night w/ some peanuts but I really need to get a handle on this weight. I couldn't stand to gain back and have to lose it again in the future. Tired of the yo yo!!

Shopaholic1204
01-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Eyebrow threading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threading_(epilation) I asked the chick who did my brows what kind of thread she uses. And she said just regular thread from Walmart, LOL!!

Shopaholic1204
01-03-2010, 01:04 AM
I bought the Wii Fit Plus today!! YAY!! It came with the regular wii fit plus game, and a Jillian Michaels one. So thats pretty awesome. My Wii Fit age is 35!! Fonzo's is 30. Really not good. But I weigh less than what I thought I did. I weigh about 4 pounds less. So thats good I guess. I had to change my ticker, lol.

This whole weight loss stuff is really hard. I can't stop eating late at night!!!!!!!! I really wish there was a lock on my fridge. Actually..I wish I could lock up all the food, so I won't be tempted. I need to buy a giant pack of gum.

OKay..gonna go.

jules1216
01-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Francie-I was going to ask what threading was, but SuzyQ beat me to it. Hooray on weighing less than you thought you did.

SuzyQ-I purposely did not buy chips for New Years eve. Not that all the cheese and crackers were better but at least there were veggies....

Hubby cracks me up...he thinks I have another man!!! How funny..when would I have time (or energy) to start up another relationship? Most days I really don't want the one I have got. If our relationship ended I would be single for a very long time. I don't need another controlling person in my life thank you very much.

Monday weigh in sounds good. Don't worry if you don't hear from me through the week. I am going to start spending evenings with my Mom.No computer there!!

suetalks
01-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Our party went real well Fri. and lasted from !:30 p.m. until about 11:30 or so. I know I had the kitchen cleaned up and was in bed by 12:30. SOoo, a long day, but so much fun. Yesterday I just swept floors and did 3 loads of laundry.

So cold outside. I really wanted to do after the holiday shopping...now after being sick and it being so cold I am sure I missed all of the bargains. DH wanted me to get a new winter coat with his gift card, but I know it is gonna be too late. Heck, they have probably got all the Valentine stuff out by now...and the Spring clothes. I know how retail works. :)

I started reading The Wedding by Nicolas Sparks. I want to read a couple others of his also. Haven't started my Grisham..I am taking it for the 3 weeks in CA. along with a Jennifer Weiner book.

I am going to try to find a new PLAN. The old ones certainly haven't worked. Ha Actually, I told DH this week is "no snacks in the evening" week. If I can get that under control again I will feel like I am doing something right. I will weigh on Mondays also...and try to do the ticker thing..10 pounds at a time. Of course, it might be next Christmas with the ticker not moving. I am so darn slow.... Today I ate a bowl of cereal and a banana. That was "brunch." I am having a salad and baked potato for dinner and might throw some turkey on the salad. I bought Healthy Goodness wheat bread..so can have a slice of bread also. (only 60 cal. and no fat) I am going back to Fitday to try to count calories. The NEW part of the plan is going to be the exercise....hopefully. I am going to walk in the a.m. (indoors) and use the trampoline in the afternoon.(at least 3 days a week) During Jeopardy I am going to do a 15 minute walk every day. I am making a chart/calendar to keep track...and shame myself if I fail. LOL. This plan is for starting tomorrow...so *fingers crossed.*

Right now I have to go do ironing...DH really will be naked if I don't get that done.

Good luck to us all....Happy HEALTHY 2010.

Shopaholic1204
01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Ugh..I feel like total crap right now. I went on a eating binge last night and gained 6 pounds!!!!!!!! The Wii Fit got mad at me, LOL!! It said not to eat after 9pm. So I'm adding that to my list of things to remember. This is so hard. No wonder why I always gave up. :( But its only the 3rd day. I just need to get over myself and stay with the postive thinking. Which is also on my list. I started a blog. If you'd like to follow me or read it..here it is: http://twifreakweightloss.blogspot.com/

Oh ya..I tried the Jillian Michaels game. It kinda sucks. I dont understand it at all. It's really weird!!!! I dont recommend it at all.

I do recommend eyebrow threading though!!! I just checked my brows, and they're still looking nice. I wonder how long it lasts. I forgot to ask.

Okay..bbl.

btw..I just wanted to add. Fonzo already lost his 3 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I offically hate guys!!! I hate how he can just lose weight without even trying. I just wanna cry. He always laughs at himself because there are days where he needs to wear a belt, and some days where he doesnt. When he has to wear one, its a skinny day. And when he doesnt, its a fat day. WTF!! Everyday is a fat day for me. Guys suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jules1216
01-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Francie--yeah..that guy thing...my hubby used to be that way...until they hit 40, so tell him to eat it up now. I will check out your blog. The girl that waxes my eyebrows does a great job.

Sue--sounds like you have been busy but having fun. Good luck on the coat. I would like to get get a peacoat myself.

Dominic's party was nice.

suetalks
01-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Francie- Don't beat yourself up too badly. Just start doing what you know is right tomorrow. I have been there, done that so many times. LOL.

Jules- I am also wanting a pea coat..but I fear it is too late this year. Kohl's has 75% off...so I imagine they are all gone. So, I will shop for a couple track suits to wear and be comfy. Glad the party was nice...gosh time has gone by so quickly!

I have been busy making lists...packing lists for San Diego. Hard to decide what to take for a 3 week visit. But I am looking forward to being able to walk from our beach house along the beachfront. Loved it last time we were there. *fingers crossed* that it is warm. Was 70 degrees today there....7 here. UGH!

Shopaholic1204
01-04-2010, 11:13 AM
OKay..so last night, I didnt binge at all!! YAY!! I'm very proud of myself!! And I lost 1 pound, lol. Go me!! HAHA!! I'm not gonna update my ticker until I lose more. It just looks stupid with the 1. I ate a nice breakfast of apple cinnamon oatmeal, whole wheat toast, and some juice. It actually filled me up.

Sue~I'd give anything to be in San Diego right now. It's too damn cold here right now, lol.

Jules~Fonzo has always been skinny. ALWAYS!! Although, now it's kinda catching up to him. He can shed the pounds pretty quickly though. We'll see what happens when he hits 40. He's almost 30..LOL!!

RosieKate
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Howdy!

WI sadly was 178 this morning. Hubbo said he also gained about 7ish pounds. Neither of us noticing our clothes fitting any differently, so we are going to get back on the wagon, as it were, and just keep moving.

Francie - liked the blog..good for you! I think blogs help, particularly if you know people are reading them...so I guess I should go over there and make some comment, eh? My son got Wii Fit plus for his birthday and I like that alot...I can go through about 30-40 minutes of exercises without stopping to select.

Susan - I'm sure I waved at you at some point while you were in town, lol! It was one of those psychic ones. Don't beat yourself up at about winter break...we are all in the same boat and we'll help each other through. Exercise is good...but don't you have a pretty physical job? You are probably getting alot of exercise that way.

Julie - Can't believe Dominic is 2 already - that went by fast.

Sue- a NAKED husband?! Can't have that! heehee. This weekend a friend invited me to a Pure Romance Party (yes it is what you think it is). I had to decline (thankfully). I was telling a friend about this invitation and I looked over at my hubby and said, "I don't need a party when I have a sex toy right here!" ok it was funny at the time ;)

Hi to Cristina, Sassy, Kathy, and anyone else reading this. I start classes tonight. Hopefully I can be consistent with a weekly WI post at least. If not, I do check in at FB all the time, so I'll see you over there for sure

Have a great day!

Mom2Gaby
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
My WI was 160, gained back the 3 I lost last week. I only nibbled on peanuts and sausage, chili and corn bread.....hmmm, wine. Oops, see I sipped that, maybe that was my problem?? haha
Whatever. Here we go again.
I came home w/ an infection in my left eye so wearing my goggles (glasses) today. Feel so cluttery on my face. And I admit I had the last of the pumpkin pie and Gaby picked up those twisted cheetoes. Nibbled (gobbled, pigged out???) on that last night. Last Harrah!!! We all deserve one. hehe.
Excited to do my taxes in a few weeks!! Plan on getting a treadmill w/ some of the money.

Katy - I did drive through the village, went to Starbucks in HD though. I gazed at Noahs and was proud of myself to have passed up a bagel, they are soooo good. Parked in front of Baker&Spice and thought of you :)

Sue - Lucky Bum. I want to go to San Diego, sounds nice, especialy the beach house. I know you'll have fun.

Jules- Was it Dominic's birthday?? Ugh. Happy Belated.

Francie - yay to 1 pound!

:wave: to Cristina, Sassy, Mindee, and Kathy!!

I better get started on some cleaning and I still have to take down the tree.

suetalks
01-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I am right there with you Katy. 178...and I was all the way down to 168 in the Fall. Hard to believe. It takes me so long to shed a pound you would think I would keep it off..but noooo. I am mad at myself today.

Doing nothing in this cold weather except ironing. Did 2 loads of laundry and changed the bedclothes.

I counted calories yesterday and did well, and have started my list for today. Just trying to decide what to fix for dinner. I ate my cereal for breakfast with skim milk and a banana. I measured everything to get a visual of the size servings...I know I gradually use bigger servings. SO I will measure for awhile to get my portions back in line.

After ironing I will get the trampoline out and start that work-out. (need the room for the ironing board....lol)

Wishing everyone a good week..and Yay Francie. Keep up the good work. My only nibble last night was 10 mini rice cakes for 70 calories and I had figured them in for the day...so Yay for me too.

Shopaholic1204
01-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Just worked out for an hour on the Wii Fit. Man..I seriously felt the burn with some of those yoga moves. I cannot do yoga..I can barely stand up straight, LOL!! I'm taking a rest now..and then I'm going to do the dance game. I was supposed to do some workouts with Fonzo..but he has gone to sleep, lol. He's going to the gym tomorrow, and I kinda wanna go with him. Butttttttt then again I don't. There's too many Navy people there, and I'm the only fat a$$ in there, lol!!! I dont need to feel even more bad about myself, haha!! I'm happy with my one pound!!!!!! :p

Sue~I was going to count the calories today..but I just dont want to. It really depresses me. I'm just measuring everything out. Although..I have no idea what to make for dinner. Maybe homemade mac & cheese and chicken?? I haven't made that in awhile..and its pretty yummy. So ya, I think I'll do that.

Susan~Taxes already!??! But I just paid mineeeeeeeee. LoL!! April 15 is coming up pretty fast. I should bug Fonzo into doing them early so we can be stress free in April. We did them at the last min last year, lol.

Alright..gonna switch over to Facebook and see whats going on in there..

Mom2Gaby
01-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Francie - I am getting $$ back,I'll do my taxes ASAP. :)

jules1216
01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
weighed in today....I think I will just give my weekly weightloss to you bunch of skinny's...all your high numbers are low compared to mine....dinner tonight is raw veggies

Francie--some yoga moves are hard on my bum knee..maybe I will get my am/pm yoga dvd out????

Sue--I am trying to write things down and eat breakfast. Maybe will both get our pea coats next fall in smaller sizes!! Have fun in California!!!

Newsflash--my little muffin moo just called and told me he loves me...we have been working on that one for a while. the words are just starting to fly...

Suzyq--I wish I would have went ahead and bought that treadmill from my coworker last year. I am am going to put a elliptical on layaway at Kmart this week. I HAVE to do something to get my butt in gear.

Katy--too funny...I used to say I kept hubby around to keep all my "motors running"...he's a mechanic/machinist.

Franice--hubby's nicname was Slim...he was a string bean for years. It used to make me soo mad how fast he could shed pounds...now he's in the same boat as me.

Where are Miss Kathy, Sassy and Cristina????

suetalks
01-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Had a good day here.....calories were where they should be. I am not hungry, and haven't felt deprived today. Yay! Went back to Fitday and figuring calories, etc.

I ironed most of the afternoon and walked 15 minutes. That's my exercise for the day. Didn't get on the trampoline yet.

Tomorrow I take mom to the Dr. New Dr., so we will see what he has to say about her blood dis-order. We plan to stop at Wal-Mart too. It is so darn cold we have not been out since NY Eve. So, we shall go wild in Wal-Mart....lol.

Shopaholic1204
01-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Susan~Money money money..money!!! Send some my way plz, lol

Jules~In HS, Fonzo weighed 120. He was a light weight in wrestling. His bones used to stick out, it was pretty gross. He didnt start gaining weight until late 2006. Some of it dropped off while he was deployed. Theres nothing but gross food on the ship. Hey..maybe we should join the Navy, get deployed and lose weight!!! We can also be sleep & sun deprived..but at least we'll be skinny. We'll be skinny, pasty, tired women..LOL!!

Sue~When in doubt...go to Walmart!!! It's open 24/7.

Here's a pic of Fonzo from during the first deployment in 2004. And one of him when he was a kid. He was always skinny. Maybe I made him fat. :(

suetalks
01-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Good morning...but what's good about it? We awoke to more SNOW. And I have to go out today to take mom to the Dr. It is 10 degrees...and I hate for mom to go out in that. But, I guess she can get in the warm car in the garage and I can drop her at the door...so she will be ok. It is ME...walking from the parking lot, brrrr. Got my boots out and I will survive. LOL.. But let me tell ya...I will complain. ha

Had the same breakfast 3 days in a row, so my calories were good again. I am switching to toast or oatmeal tomorrow. Ugh to another banana. :) I feel real good thoug. Didn't get hungry late in the night and didn't wake up hungry. I like a late breakfast, so that is good. I actually went through the kitchen today and wrote with a marker on the crackers, pretzels, etc. that I can have. I wrote how many = 100 calories. I will get some baggies and make up some 100 calorie ones...not gonna buy the high priced snacks when I have things on hand. I did however buy rice cakes and they are pretty good. I have been reading labels and working on portions...it really helps.

Off to do a walk..indoors. And then out in the snow...ugh.
Good day to you all...

Francie- I couldn't see where to leave a comment on your blog. That dance program is one I am wanting to get my grandson for his BD. He loves to dance and sing. He got Beatles Rockband for Christmas. I got him Wii Fit and now want him to Dance. He has been a big boy (at 9) but is slimming down with all the Wii stuff. And the best part...he doesn't know it is good for him. LOL

Mom2Gaby
01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
LaLaLa
Not sure where the 163 came from, was staring at me this morning from the scae, 163.4 to be exact. I must be *late eating* too much??? I passed on the cupcakes and did have a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I thought I was doing good. My bad. I guess.
I am for sure getting a treadmill,it'll be my birthday present in March. I know I will walk if I have it sitting in my living room, no more excuses once I get it.

Did anyone see Dr Oz on Joy Beher?? Not sure if he knows what he is talking about, seems odd. He did say you should stick to certain foods. Like if you want oatmeal for breakfast ,always eat oatmeal. Something like that. I do better when I eat the same things every day, being strict and not talking myself into thinking a nibble here and a nibble there won't hurt. Obviously it has! haha.
Also I need to stop eating at 5pm, just make it a rule from now on. Late night eating is my downfall.

Francie- get in line, I want $$$$$ first. lol Fonzo is just satisfied, you didn't make hime fat, marriage did.

Jules - Cute about Dominic!

Sue - Sounds like you had a great day, good for you. I love to iron, gaby wanted me to iron her socks this morning. haha

better get some errands done before work!!

:wave: to everyone

Shopaholic1204
01-05-2010, 12:04 PM
I really really hate this. My weight goes up and down every single day. I'm working my butt off, eating right and everything. I'm not losing anything. I feel like crying. The Wii Fit said it'll take awhile for my hard work to show..but really? I honestly do not feel that I'm getting a workout with that game. I do not sweat at all!!!! Shouldnt I be sweating? I did the dance game, and was dripping in sweat. Whatever..I had an awful night, and I'm having a bad day. Gonna go have myself a pitty party with no sweets or anything. Ya..I'm hella cranky now too. Eating right makes me cranky, lol.

FrouFrou
01-05-2010, 12:11 PM
DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Head on over to the new thread...#86 See ya there :wave: