Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Help Me Name my Ladies Running Club

I love the sport of running, I fell in love right after the first two weeks of slow torture and I ran a complete 20 minutes! I love that I can just get my sneakers and run out the door or go the gym and work on tempo and what not. But I have to admit sometimes it is nice to have a buddy.......

SO I AM STARTING MY OWN RUNNING CLUB. It will be for women of all ages at any fitness level. It will start with simply a group run on the weekends and go from there.

But first (well actually second, first I need runners....LMBO) i need a name! I want it to be girly and cute....cause i am going to have the kick butt catch phrase under it like..., "We do it better than the boys" or something of that effect.

So ladies can you help me out.
The name chosen will have a T-shirt with our logo printed on it as soon as it is ready......And GO!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #2  
Workin' It

I don't have any cute name suggestions, but wanted to say the running club idea is a great idea! I'll think on the name thing.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #3  

Fast Women

See Jane Run (See Jane run past Joe)

Royal Runners (then use a crown as your logo)

Run Like A Girl

Thelma and Louis (Women on the run)

Marathon Maidens

Good Luck!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I'm partial to Fast Women and Run Like A Girl
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #5  
No description available.

I run like a girl. Try to keep up. Ok, more of a phrase, but I like it!

Fast women is good too.

Another cute t-shirt phrase: Now I know why my parents told me to never chase boys. They're too slow.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybelle9 View Post
Fast Women

See Jane Run (See Jane run past Joe)

Royal Runners (then use a crown as your logo)

Run Like A Girl

Thelma and Louis (Women on the run)

Marathon Maidens

Good Luck!
I love it I love it I love it
Old 12-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

My daughter has a t-shirt that says

I'd like to run with the big boys...
If only they could keep up!
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I am really bad at coming up with names, but what a great idea to start a running club! Good luck!!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:15 AM   #9  

Thanks for all your help so far ladies.

And thanks for all the luck. I thought is was a pretty swell idea muhself! LOL. I can't wait to get the announcements up with an actual name .....and we are getting t-shirts to make us "official"....weeeeell they don't make us official but it is cool.....lol
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Great idea to have a running club!

Here is my experience with one: We had a leader -- I think you need someone to be in charge, since it's your idea it'll be YOU . The girl who lead us worked at the hospital so we met there every Tuesday and Thursday at the front door 4:30, we waited 5 mins and then we were off. She started us out with 5 min warm up, 1 min run, 1 min walk... and increased every week, basaically using the couch to 5k program.... Then afterwards we would stretch in the hospital floor hall no one was in the admin depts at this time, so it was ok... She would charge a minimum, 15$ per month, per person... later on when I got to know her, she is one of my best friends now, she explained that people have a hard time to commit when money is not involved ... She is very entrepreneurial. With these funds she would have a party, or give us little gifts at Christmas time or whatever occasion she would deem appropriate. We had a great time...

Now as for a name, we had none, but ge got known as «the girls from the hospital » ... It was loads of fun, people would honk at us and encourage us all the time... I was with them for about 3 years, the group itself lasted 5 or so. I hear that there are still some girls from the hospital that run on Tuesday and Thursday, but only 3-4 of them...

You as the leader have to be committed, our girl was there rain or shine, and ran whether there were 12 of us or 2 of us... It's a big responsibility...

Last edited by Ilene; 12-03-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Great idea to have a running club!

Here is my experience with one: We had a leader -- I think you need someone to be in charge, since it's your idea it'll be YOU . The girl who lead us worked at the hospital so we met there every Tuesday and Thursday at the front door 4:30, we waited 5 mins and then we were off. She started us out with 5 min warm up, 1 min run, 1 min walk... and increased every week, basaically using the couch to 5k program.... Then afterwards we would stretch in the hospital floor hall no one was in the admin depts at this time, so it was ok... She would charge a minimum, 15$ per month, per person... later on when I got to know her, she is one of my best friends now, she explained that people have a hard time to commit when money is not involved ... She is very entrepreneurial. With these funds she would have a party, or give us little gifts at Christmas time or whatever occasion she would deem appropriate. We had a great time...

Now as for a name, we had none, but ge got known as «the girls from the hospital » ... It was loads of fun, people would honk at us and encourage us all the time... I was with them for about 3 years, the group itself lasted 5 or so. I hear that there are still some girls from the hospital that run on Tuesday and Thursday, but only 3-4 of them...

You as the leader have to be committed, our girl was there rain or shine, and ran whether there were 12 of us or 2 of us... It's a big responsibility...
Thank you so much for your advice and telling me of your experience. I totally understand I need to be there and ready to run no matter the weather or amt of ppl. I am totally up for that commitment. I was thinking of doing it free at first to get a group together and do an annual fee....that was the idea anyway. What do you think?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

IMO, an annual fee may be too long for some to commit to, whereas a month is short and foreseable, if someone does'nt want to participate for one month, because of a vacation or something, then they don't pay.

Oh, and I just thought of something, you may want to have them sign a waiver that you are not responsible for any injuries, etc....also stating that you are not a qualified person, but just someone who wants to have fun... This may sound silly but if people from outside the group, for example, a peson who has just ''heard'' of your group and isn't acctually a friend of someone in the group, wants to join, you have your butt covered if they get an injury, and they didn't go into this group blindly... Just a thought because one never knows... In the personal training course I took they highly recommend being insured, but I've never been, I just get them to sign a waiver and keep my fingers ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #13  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I like royal runners!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #14  

Thanks Matilda. I am leaving this thread open unil the end of the month and then I will choose. I have a few entries from work as well. Thanks again ladies