South Beach Diet - Fiber One bars?

View Full Version : Fiber One bars?

briggsy13
12-01-2009, 10:13 PM
How do they stack up to the South beach bars? I just tried a mocha south beach bar and its not very good! lol I ate the Fiber One bars when on weight watchers and they are yummy. I'm thinking they probably have sugar in them though.

murphmitch
12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Look at the ingredients...rice, flour, sugar, high fructose corn syrup. The Fiber One bars are a no-no. I don't think the South Beach bars are much better:

South Beach High Protein Cereal Bar:
SOY NUGGETS (SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, TAPIOCA STARCH, SALT), SUGAR, MALTITOL SYRUP, FRACTIONATED PALM KERNEL OIL, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ROASTED SOY NUTS, CORN SYRUP, OLIGOFRUCTOSE (FOR FIBER), EVAPORATED CANE JUICE INVERT SYRUP, SUNFLOWER OIL, MALTITOL, BROWN RICE SYRUP, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), NONFAT MILK, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, COCOA, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTOSE, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, BUTTER [CREAM, ANNATTO (COLOR), SALT], DEXTROSE, WHEY, NATURAL FLAVOR, PALM OIL, CITRIC ACID, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, COCOA BUTTER, CARAMEL COLOR, FERRIC PHOSPHATE (SOURCE OF IRON), NIACINAMIDE, SUCRALOSE (SWEETENER), ZINC OXIDE (SOURCE OF ZINC), MAGNESIUM CARBONATE, VITAMIN B6, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN MONONITRATE VITAMIN B1),VITAMIN B12.

Most of us here believe in eating as much non-processed whole foods as we can and don't endorse the use of bars and the like.

briggsy13
12-01-2009, 11:31 PM
yeah I've been so good about avoiding that stuff, but thought it would make an easy snack for when we are on the go. But based on how they taste alone I won't be eating them!! LOL Thanks!

CyndiM
12-02-2009, 06:31 AM
My favorite super easy on the go snack is a 100 calorie pack of unroasted almonds and some unsweetened dried fruit, easy to grab and go and satisfying. All those bars are just overpriced candy bars with a vitamin mixed in.

weebleswobble
12-05-2009, 12:53 AM
What Cyndi said. :) or an apple. :)

My husband eats two and then gets tooty...it's so gross.

he gave me a bite of the SBD mocha one, I liked it but I wouldn't eat a whole one. My fave snack lately is a Crystal lite to go pack whizzed up with ice in the magic bullet. silly me thinks it's a slurpee, haa haa. :)