Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default WW @ Home I'm Christmas Crazy

Just kidding all I am not Christmas crazy but I do get excited for the holidays and celebrating with family and friends by being thankful for all that I have. (Including the weight - I know that sounds wierd)

I just thought this month I need to give thanks and acknowledge those in my life and tell them how important they are to me and also be extra thoughtful to those who are less fortunate. I think this is one of the hardest years for many people including myself but I know a positive attitude is better than neg.

So to kick this month off I did something I rarely do and made a few small donations to food banks in my area. It was not much but I really felt I had to contribute. I am also sending some money to the families of the 4 slain police officers..they are from my neck of the woods and I actually grew up less than a mile from where it all happened. Many of the people I know know the officers children.

well chickies what are your plans this month?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Well yesterday I did great until after 8pm then my hand found a bag of chex mix that had not been eaten up so naturally I had to do it. This is such and evil cycle I have going. Got to figure out how to break that chain and I will I have done it before.

Hope you all are starting the month with a bang!

No exercise for me today I start a new job and today is training day..It is only seasonal but right now I will take it
Old 12-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #3  
rrc

S/C/G: 203.8/186.2/133.8

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I am Robin, I am new here. Gosh, when I look at your good-hearted plans for the month I feel like a schmuck. Makes me think I will need to step it up and do something also. My excuse is always lack of time and money but I know it doesn't take much. As far as my weight loss plans I am going to stay far away from all of the cookies and candy spread all over every available counter space at my place of employment.
rrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

Good for your rcc! it is always hard to resit those things that we enjoy so much. I did ok today just had some wine with dinner but did not work out so my goal is to make up for it tomorrow????

I actually gained weight in Nove 2.0 which is not huge but still a pound here a pound there and next thing you know poof 20!

tonight I made a low fat mexi goloush it was pretty good...can of vegg chilli, can of ff refried bean, can of corn, cup of salsa, ff shred cheese...mix well then take 5 ff tortilla, and layer in micro safe dish cook covered 10 min set for 5 and poof dinner only 6 pt per serving and very filling made 5 servings or so recipe said
Old 12-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

Well I have been out of touch lately got to love the silly season. Eating wise has been just so so kinda on an upward trend and can't seem to get off this cycle. But like I have stated before I tend to go in cycles.

It has been really cold here so I have not run either guess I am going to resort to in house dvd's

hope you all are doing great
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

So this week I lost 2.8 lbs and I honestly have NO CLUE how. The only thing that really changed was I ate all of my weeklies, in fact I think went over a little on them (oops). For some reason I always have a hard time justifying eating the weeklies, even though I know they are there for a reason. But in my head I always feel like it's cheating. But I guess this shows that eating them can actually help you lose weight!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #7  
rrc

OK, I am new to this but by weeklies do you mean your extra points? If so, I feel the same way. If I use them I also feel like I am cheating. I don't use them and then when I really DO cheat I at least know I had some extra points to use.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

I have heard people say it works both ways. I have one sister who uses all the extra points and the other one tries hard not to use any of them. I am using a few here and there but so far have not used all of them.I do feel like its cheating also. I just ate a 4pt cookie that i didnt need...but will count it in my daily food. I really want to see a good loss this week.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #9  
girl disappearing

rrc, yeah, I mean my extra points :-)

I know we are given those extra points for a reason and it's okay to use them, but, I don't know, I always feel weirdly guilty when I do use them. And this was just one of those rare weeks when I used them pretty much all up and ended up having a big weight loss week.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

Great job Tudor!
As for weeklies I have gone both ways and some weeks lost, some gained, some stayed the same so I don't know where to go LOL but anyway today I was good until this eve when I let myself get way to hungry before dinner and my weeklys are gone gone gone shooot!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

Well today was a total emotional day and I ate and ate and ate..first tme I really noticed what type of eater of am or at least one thread of type of eater....Went and watched the memorial percession of the fallen police officers this morning ... of course I did not expect to break down and cry as the hearses went by but I did...never had that happen before not even for family that I have attended. So what do I do when I get back to the office?? Eat even though I am feeling sick to my stomach

I must be real aweful person to eat when feeling emotionally sick

Like I said bad day for me
Old 12-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

nancy- hugs...shake off the bad day and start fresh tommorow.Im so sorry it was a bad day for you!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #13  
girl disappearing

Nancy, *hugs* You're not an awful person for being an emotional eater -- I do it, too! Like dgramie said, shake it off and start fresh the next day!

I've been having some emotional days, too. My ex broke up with me out of the blue back in July, and I was doing okay the past few months, but with the holidays and everything I've been feeling all sad and blah. When this happens I actually tend to *not* eat (it's bad, but when the breakup first happened I went 3 days without eating anything at all, not even drinking water), and while it hasn't gotten THAT bad recently, I do find there are times when I have to remind myself to eat. But I eat, I get my daily points, and hopefully with the new year I won't be feeling this way anymore
Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #14  
rrc

Nancy, I saw that on TV and I cried. It is just so sad. I'll bet that the majority of people on this site are "emotional eaters". I just wish I was one of those people that didn't eat when they were feeling cruddy.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

thank you all for the support it means a lot to me. I am trying to get back to normal--lol yeah right (am I normal???) anyway I did ok today but really need to re-focus my menu planning that has always seemed to work in the past to keep me on track.

I am going to dig out my old ww journal and go back to the point I was exercising on a reg basis and staying within my points...I feel like a child that has lost her way....I am not even going to weigh myself this week because I know I am up I can feel it in my clothes.

I also start a temp job on Sunday working the next two weeks at Macy's for the holidays...the work seems very doable but the hours are not something I am use to. I am a day chick and these are nights but hey a job is a job so Iwill posting in the morning instead of the evenings.

I bet I have applied to over 70 jobs in the past two weeks and this was the only one I have even talked to anyone about....it is depressing <sigh> but on the bright side it gives me a challenge to think of creative ways to bring food to work....

I have not held an hourly/take your breaks now job for over 25 years so this is a new one for me...and I am sure to complain about it here LOL

ok I have been long winded tonght --- keep me up to date

Last edited by nancylmrn; 12-09-2009 at 11:05 PM.