Faith Based Support Groups - CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ December

View Full Version : CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ December

EZMONEY
12-01-2009, 09:59 AM
:angel:

You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

We accept new members here daily! JOIN US! :hug:

EZMONEY
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM
HI GALS ~ :)

Well Angie and I still have leftover turkey and ham from Thanksgiving but have killed off most everything else :) I think we will be eating turkey until June. We weren't sure how the dinner was going to go at church since it was the first one that was held for the Marines, so Angie and I wanted to make sure we had turkey here for the boys to snack on when they came back here for the afternoon, since it was lunch at church. Plus we thought they may want to take some sandwiches back to base...nope! They were so full they didn't want to see anything "THANKSGIVING!"....:)

We had Thanksgiving at my brother's on Saturday. All the immediate family was there except step-daughter in New York, knucklehead nephew in Virginia and Angie was up at her mom's. We still had 20 or so, Angie snuck in at the last minute for dessert ;)

I am healing very well with this hernia now, still sore in a few spots. I was able to go for 3 miles yesterday without much discomfort. I missed my doctors appointment though yesterday :mad: I live about 10 minutes away, went out to my truck 45 minutes before my appointment....dead battery :mad: I just drove it the day before with no problem, it had never died before....it was too late to call a cab and all of my neighbors were gone so no one here to jump me. I will go in tomorrow morning.

SCOOTER ~ Caught up yet?

HEIDI ~ Quit with the kids gone?

KAREN ~ Getting cold there yet?

WILMA ~How's DH healing?

RONNI ~ My you were busy over Thanksgiving with all that family!

PINKFLAMINGO ~ My only advice for you, feeling disconnected a bit from God, is to just go and do what He asks us too. Stay in His WORD, participate in church activities, look for those in need of the "gifts" of time and talent that God has given you and share them :hug:

ROSEBUD ~ I will have to check in to that Thomas Kinkade book. I am reading the new Guideposts Joys Of Christmas 2009 right now. It is one of those magazines that has a lot of short stories, memories, recipes and crafts for the seaSON :)

I know we are missing several around here. I pray that all are just busy and will return soon :hug:

Karen31
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone! Can you believe how fast this year has gone???? It seems like we just got moved to MO and and it has already been 6 months that we have lived here! WOW!! Need to get busy and get a good routine going so I will feel good about getting in the pool this spring! MAYBE!!!

Gary, I still have geraniums that have blooms out on the patio! NO THEY AREN'T PLASTIC! I am really surprised. But they are talking maybe rain mixed with some snow either tonight or tomorrow. No accumulation though. I am really glad that we won't have to shovel snow this year...

iriswhispers
12-01-2009, 06:50 PM
December 1st!! Yeesh, time flies! I have been kind of insane the past few weeks with school and work - still am a little bit but had a nice relaxing weekend at my parents' place in PA.

Mostly I am doing well, just trying to tie together some loose ends and pick up things that were left neglected when I was in the throes of paper-writing and mourning my break-up.

Gary, I am glad you're healing well! Continued prayers for your full recovery.

Karen, I love your picture of the pets with Santa. =)

Hello to everyone else and blessings to all!

Heidi58
12-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Hello friends :)

We went to the funeral home this evening and the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. What an exhausting night for Linda's family, but she was so well loved that I'm not at all surprised by the large turnout. Please continue to pray for her family - the funeral is tomorrow morning.

Things aren't quite as quiet as expected tonight - my son is back. He came home for Linda's calling hours and doesn't have to be at work until 10 am tomorrow so he's staying over tonight. :)

Gary, I'm glad you're healing and feeling well - sorry about the truck though.

Karen, I have to go looking for the photo of your pets!

Hugs to everyone else - have a great evening, and may God bless each of you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
HEIDI ~ just look at KAREN's avatar; her furry babies are sitting on Santa's lap ...

KAREN ~ yes, your avatar picture is adorable; sounds like you have many, many reasons why Missouri is a good place for you to be now. I hope you do get at least a little bit of snow for Christmas, but not too much that it is a burden. Yah, keep dreamin' about that gorgeous pool!

:welcome: BACK, PINK ~ glad you found us again; saw the cute pics of your furry babies in the last thread and your MARVIANE looks just like my SWEETIE (who passed away some time back).

IRIS ~ nice to see you back here and so glad that you had a nice time home with your parents; and that you are moving forward in your life ... :hug:

Dearest BARGOO ~ you are in our thoughts and prayers right now -- may the good LORD wrap his lovin' arms around you and fill you overflowing with his perfect peace thru his blessed Holy Spirit for a restful healing sleep tonight ... :hug:

:wave: HI TO ALL OUR OTHER CE'ers out there -- hope you are having a good week too ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

Heidi58
12-02-2009, 06:08 AM
:) Thanks, Rosebud - I saw the picture just after I posted. I guess I don't pay too much attention to avatars. I get used to recognizing people's posts by their signatures.... I need to work on my observation skills - or quit multi tasking while I'm posting. ;)

Karen31
12-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Good Morning! It is a gray cool day here today. They are saying that we may get rain mixed with some snow later tonight. But they said that yesterday too! Guess we'll just have to see. But the high temp is supposed to be about 45 degrees so it won't be much of a snow.

Tim went to the physical therapist yesterday and he brought home a exercise pully that fits ovver the door to use. The therapist said he needs to do these exercises 3 times a day-----any bets on that? I will be surprised if he gets it done twice a day. He always goes, listens to them and decides that he knows better!! Are all men like that????

Need to get busy this morning---Thanks for the compliments on the picture of Ginger and Sissy with Santa. That was a couple years ago..Need to get a new picture if Pet Smart has Santa again this year.

iriswhispers
12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
He always goes, listens to them and decides that he knows better!! Are all men like that????

Yep - except for those like the ones in my family who won't set foot in a doctor's office until they're practically on their death bed!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-02-2009, 08:33 PM
KAREN ~ I hope your DH will do some of the exercises as my DH did them and they helped him a lot, only he did them at our hospital's therapy center, not at home. That way the therapist was there to watch and instruct him and to make sure they got done correctly. DH's therapist explained to him that the exercises are to strengthen certain muscles so he won't have so much pain in other muscles, and it really worked (DH was amazed). He was just so glad to not be in pain afterwards, that he was willing to do whatever the therapist said at that point, but it was explained it to him really well too.

Well, we got all our indoor decos done today; we have it down to only so many so it took us only just over an hour, but we put some Christmas music on that I picked up (some Pipe Carols) and we had a good time doing it together. Tomorrow, I need to get at my Christmas cards and gifts, so I can get them out too; that's the last thing I have to do until closer to Christmas time (I think) ... :lol:

I did my daily housechores in the AM, so I got some exercise in today with all the walking around doing the decos too. Had a good on plan day. Tonight was pasta night, so we had whole grain spagetti and meatballs.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

cathydoe
12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Last time I was here I didn't see this...

You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

At 1st I didn't think this was the place for me. Right now I do not have a GREAT relationship with God. I want one. I think it is more the organized religion part that I have issues with. I do pray. I do believe. And I need an encouraging, caring and loving group to be a part of...so here I am! :)

PrairieChick
12-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Hello everyone!

I have been reading :book2: a LOT of threads today - funny, the ones I really was encouraged by what they have written :comp: are right HERE! God is so AWESOME! :woohoo:

Well, I'm with you! God is in CONTROL of my life, I might as well figure that out right now! :dizzy:

So I won't make this long, just wanted to introduce myself! :wave:

See ya Lighter!
Kim

Karen31
12-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Here area few pictures that I ran across of my Mom and Dad MANY YEARS ago!! Just thought that it was neat and wanted to share.

PrairieChick
12-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Funny (well not really) how people back then where all in great shape! RARELY did you see someone who was overweight like today...hmmmmmm

Thanks for shar'n the pictures Karen! :D

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-03-2009, 08:04 PM
:welcome3: CATHY ~ glad you decided to join us here in our thread ... I think a lot of people can get hung up by the imperfection of the church structure (myself included but I'm getting better), but I think the thing we need to focus on most is that our Father GOD, in heaven -- loves us, and He sent His only son, JESUS CHRIST, to tell us about that love, and to be our shepherd and savior for all time; then Jesus sent God's Holy Spirit to teach us, comfort us, guide us, and empower us in our walk with Him. We are never alone -- Jesus is with us all the way!

:wave: HI KIM ~ yes, the way we live and eat has changed over the years, hasn't it? I don't recall very many overweight children when I was in public school either and I am only 51 y/y. Hopefully, with a new awareness and GOD's help, we can do something about that ...

KAREN ~ thanks for sharing the pics; it's fun to look back through old family photos and see what our parents and grandparents look like. My Dad gave me an album with pics of my great and great-great grandmothers, and boy, I know exactly where my looks came from now. I'm sure that is why he gave them to me. :lol:

Spent the afternoon working on my Christmas cards; still got lots to do -- too many interruptions, but I still have lots of time left. I decided to work on the out-of-towners first becuz the local ones can get there in a couple of days.

Gee, I didn't realize it was Thursday today; usually like to go uptown and try to avoid the Friday rushes. It was colder here today and we had a winds which made it seem even colder. Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Heidi58
12-03-2009, 08:34 PM
He always goes, listens to them and decides that he knows better!! Are all men like that???? :D I'm afraid a lot of them are, but I have to confess, I know some women like that, too. ;)

Had a good on plan day. Tonight was pasta night, so we had whole grain spagetti and meatballs.
ROSEBUD:hug: Sounds like a yummy supper. :)

And I need an encouraging, caring and loving group to be a part of...so here I am! :) Hey Cathy! :wave:
Good to see you here - I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. I've really enjoyed playing the game threads with you.

Hello Kim/Prairie Chick, it's nice to meet you. I love your username. :)

Great photos Karen! I have very few photos of my parents, grandparents, etc when they were young. Very few of myself or my sisters growing up either. Either they just didn't take pictures or someone else has got them....
(I make up for it though, I rarely go anywhere without a camera. lol)

EZMONEY
12-03-2009, 08:59 PM
I lost a long post due to a computer freeze...dang...

welcome CATHYDOE and PRAIRIECHICK...be back soon...

Karen31
12-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi ----that is true--there never used to be the weight problem there is now. Could it possible be because back then there were con convienence stores, no microwave dinners, or microwaves. And no remote controls, cordless phones.... We really have become very lazy as a people, we don't even get the exercise of getting up, walking across the room to the tv to change channels!! Hmmmmm! Makes you stop to think doesn't it?

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
GARY ~ I created a file called "TEMP POST" for temporary post and put it up as an ICON on my screen, so that I could save my posts and not lose them like in the past. I type my post as usual, then BEFORE pressing that SUBMIT REPLY button, I copy my prepared post into the Temp Post file and save it there. Then and only then, do I press the submit button; now I don't lose my posts anymore. The site is having so many problems lately that it was well worth the few minutes it took to set that up; I find it so handy now.

KAREN ~ I so agree with you -- I could count on my hand the number of overweight kids from my school days (on any age level). I didn't have weight issues until my early teens: that was after my parents had opened a confectionary store, which we worked in and then had the money to buy all those junkies. ;)

Later, I worked in a grocery store and there was hardly any junk foods sold there; maybe a part aisle in total for all pop, all junkies, and baked goods. Now there are huge aisles devoted to each of those things. I'd bet more than half the store shelves are now full of junkie type foods like pop & juices, cookies & bars, cakes & baked goodies, candies & chocolate bars & nuts, icecream & cycles/bars, chips & nachos & similar ilk, pizzas & fries, plus regular & fancy baked breads, and delis ... no wonder there's a problem today.

PrairieChick
12-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I agree with you all on not hardly having anyone in school with weight issues! :gossip: Remember - P.E. (Physical Education) was mandatory! We had closed campus - we didn't go to the fast food at lunch. Most of us either carried our lunch or bought a hot lunch at school. Back then, we had dietitians who put the menu together - it was well rounded with proper portion size.

Yep! ;) I learned math by turning the TV channel for Dad - Up one, down 3 and so-forth. We played outside - we ate, slept and cleaned inside. :spin:

Those were the days - food from "scratch" :eating2: - not much sugar and we ate as families! I really think we should get back to basics - it is never too late.

I am really thinking about how I want to start out the New Year. I know I want to grow closer to God. Be more of a "mirror" image of Him. I want to accept His full direction in my life - willingly.

The first thing that comes to mind is to take care of His Temple (my body), it is the first witness that the world sees of my walk with the Lord. I am so GLAD that I have found you all here, I feel we can really be great supporters of each other!

We have a wonderful future ahead of us! :cheer:

See ya Lighter!
Kim :trampo:

Heidi58
12-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Hi ----that is true--there never used to be the weight problem there is now. Could it possible be because back then there were con convienence stores, no microwave dinners, or microwaves. And no remote controls, cordless phones.... We really have become very lazy as a people, we don't even get the exercise of getting up, walking across the room to the tv to change channels!! Hmmmmm! Makes you stop to think doesn't it?
Those things certainly play into the increase in obesity - especially for adults. I know I spend way too much time playing with my electronics.

As far as kids go, their lives are very different than ours were. We played outdoors every day unless it was pouring out, and even then we'd often be outside playing for a while. All the kids had those yellow slickers with the buckles and rubber boots. :) We walked or rode out bikes to get to school, to friends' houses, and to pick up milk or a loaf of bread for our moms. We climbed trees, shinnied up clothesline poles and hung upside down by our knees from the top bar of the swing set and I don't remember any of my friends ever getting seriously hurt.

There are so many children who live in places with no place to play outdoors and even more living in places where they've got yards and parks and playgrounds - but it's not safe for them to play outdoors alone.

I live in a rural area, so kids still play outdoors in my village, but even here I'd hesitate to let a child ride their bike too far from home alone. There aren't many families around that have a parent at home when school lets out. Kids are getting off the bus and turning on the TV or video game system because mom wants them to stay safely inside til she gets home, or they're at after school programs or clubs and classes so they won't be home alone. Good programs - but lots of scheduled activities and not much time to run and play.

cathydoe
12-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Please I need your prayers for one of my parents.

I own a childcare center and preschool...we have around 64-69 children a day.
My husband and I belong to a committee that does Christmas for Kids (aka Toys for Tots). This is a local group vs the Marines and/or Salvation Army. Anyway.....the deadline has passed for sign-up. When a parent calls they come into the childcare center to fill out an application.

I have a parent that doesn't like "those people" coming in to fill out the applications. She said that the other night as she was taking her children to their van her children were scared by the smell and the looks of "those people"

My husband and I do this for the children! Please pray for this mom that she can see the good in all people and especially that she will be able to teach her children compassion for others that are different then they are.

PrairieChick
12-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Please pray for this mom that she can see the good in all people and especially that she will be able to teach her children compassion for others that are different then they are.

You GOT it Cathy! I'm on it right NOW! Thanks for letting us be part of this important prayer concern! :hug:

cathydoe
12-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Today I received this from a friend and I thought I would share.

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No.

It is not for me to take away,
but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.

His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.

Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.

I give you blessings;
Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.

Suffering draws you apart from
worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.

You must grow on your own,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things
that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.

I will give you life,
so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said... Ahhhh,
finally you have the idea.

Heidi58
12-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Cathy, I'll be praying too.

Karen31
12-04-2009, 06:51 PM
I tried hard to keep this cold/fly bug from catching me----but I lost! It finally got me yesterday... no energy today and full of body aches. Be back later

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-04-2009, 07:03 PM
CATHY ~ that is great little message: love it -- thanks for sharing it with us ... ^prayers^ going up for your parents to have some goodwill in their spirits, esp at this time of year.

We had a nice day here; the :sunny: came out for us today and was a welcome sight as we haven't seen Mr. Sunshine for a while now. We are getting a few ***** right now, but we need some as we can still see our grass out front yet.

DH and a friend have been working on a Creche for me -- as some of you know, I have been wanting one for some time now. To me, Christmas just doesn't seem right without a Creche, or Nativity Scene. DH put the Creche together after dinner; now I have to make a Mary & Joseph (that's my job); and our landlady said that she has a doll we can use for our baby Jesus. We have a nice Bethlehem star that will look great in or on the Creche too.

KAREN ~ ^prayers^ goin' up for you too that you won't have that cold/flu bug for very long ... :hug:

I spent the afternoon working on the rest of my out-of-town Christmas Cards; and I have a good many done now. I will then work on the ones for around here over the next week; lots of time left for them. I hope you all have a fab Friday evening; and take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

EZMONEY
12-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Prayers for Cathy and Karen.

I have posted our Lutheran Advent devotions up to today if anyone is interested..as we prepare for our Savior's birth.

For those that are new here...please fell free to ask for prayers anywhere and any time...

we do also have a Prayer Warrior thread too...I will tell you that people check in there that don't come here...they have told me so. We have people that will pray but are not interested in posting.

I will catch up later ~ Gary

EZMONEY
12-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Rosebud, Angie and I are getting out our Christmas stuff tomorrow...can't wait to put out our new Nativity :carrot:

I will post pictures...it's beautiful!

PrairieChick
12-04-2009, 07:23 PM
cathydoe - Beautiful! What a great friend you have!

Karen31 - I hope you get to feeling better soon! :getwell:

EZMONEY - Thanks for the devotional! :thanks: and I should do that tomorrow, got to get a LOT of cards out too! :write:

Have a GREAT evening everyone! :grouphug:

cathydoe
12-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement. Sorry Rosebud the ole bug gotcha! Take good care of yourself...lots of fluids and rest! The rest of us keep washing our hands and keep our hands away from our faces!

Close2MyHeart
12-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Can I join in?

An Intro: I'm a SAH-HM of 5 ages 8, 7, 6, 3, and 1. I'm overweight thx to bearing those beautiful children. I'm a Christian. I'm married. Matt & I have been married for almost 10 years. I'd actually love to loose the 20 lbs I have left before our 10th anniversary (March 31st) but I don't know how realistic that is?

If you wanna know anymore fire away! I'll answer anything :) Well... almost anything. ;)

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-04-2009, 09:00 PM
CATHY ~ I caught some little cold about a week ago; but I am feeling much better now thanks -- BUT our KAREN sure could use your prayers though, as she just caught some kind of bug, and aches all over.

I was just telling DH that I put my legs up this aft while working on my Christmas cards and ended up with a "Charlie Horse" in both my thigh and calf ... :yikes: geepers, those sure hurt! I probably just kept my leg in one place too long; gotta watch that. :dizzy:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-04-2009, 09:11 PM
:welcome: CLOSE2MYHRT~ I think we were typing at the same time; didn't see your post until I had put in mine. Wow, that's a lot of little kiddies you have there; I recall that my mom once had 6 kids all 7 and under (7, 6, 5, 3, 2, & baby) -- good thing she was young and strong at the time; I just couldn't imagine that ... nice to have you join us! :hug:

EZMONEY
12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Welcome CLOSE2MYHEART!

cathydoe
12-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry Rosebud and Karen...my mind goes faster (or slower) than my fingers can type...Karen prayers to you and the ole flu bug. Take good care of yourself!!

PrairieChick
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Can I join in?

:welcome: Close2MyHeart :wave: GREAT to have ya with us! :cheer:

Heidi58
12-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Nice to meet you Close2myHeart! :)

Violet73
12-05-2009, 02:23 PM
hey everyone! I'm hoping I can join in here! My name is Leslie..I am 36... a single mom to a wonderful daughter who is 12 :) I have rheumatoid arthritis and while I was overweight before...the lack of inability to exercise as much plus having to take prednisone has made me balloon into marshmallow woman (yes I think that should be a superhero) hehehe! Through my faith and prayer I am hoping that I can get healthy to be able to be more active and do fun things with my daughter again. :)

PrairieChick
12-05-2009, 03:40 PM
:wel3fc: Leslie! GREAT to have ya join us! :cheer:

See ya Lighter!

cathydoe
12-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Welcome Leslie and close2myheart. I am new here too...a very welcoming and encouraging group of folks here (U 2 Gary:) ) Is it wrong that I laugh at my own jokes?

Heidi58
12-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Hello Leslie, it's nice to meet you! :welcome2:

I've been dealing with corticosteroids & weight gain for the past 12 years, thus my quest to say good-bye to my version of "Marshmallow Woman" too. :) lol

You came to the right place, this is a really friendly and supportive group. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-05-2009, 11:47 PM
:welcome: LESLIELOU ~ I have heard others say that prednisone causes them to balloon up or gain weight; there is a thread about this in the Dieting with Obstacles forum. I am surprised by how many people are on that medicine; but I am not that familiar with it -- I guess it is not commonly known up here in Canada. Maybe here it is called by another name like cortisone or something like that. Anyways, glad you joined us; there's lots of support here. :hug:

CATHY ~ don't worry about that; we all get mixed up a bit sometimes. It is never wrong to laugh at your own jokes: as a matter of fact, we all do it! ;)

Well, we had another day with some glorious :sunny: today; that was a real treat for us with these cold temps. DH and I spent the day working on our Creche. DH then drilled a hole on top of the creche for our Bethlehem star and it looks good right on the top at the front.

DH and his friend made me a crib for my baby Jesus this AM; then I found a blue blanket to wrap him in and we had an artificial grass wreath to wrap around the crib too. After some thinking, I decided to do my Joseph and Mary on thick cardboard pieces; first, I had to draw them on, which took all afternoon. After we took a break for dinner, I spent the evening coloring them in. I took some pictures that I will download and resize tomorrow so you all can see our creation. I think it turned out pretty well really.

My fingers (and my right arm) were getting numb at some points from all the drawing and coloring. I used a mixture of mediums: marker, pencil and wax crayons, and the best of all was some oil crayons. DH is just a tad bit concerned about it standing up to the elements; he is worried about the winds and snow; I am more concerned about them staying dry, but the stuff I used are all water repellent so hopefully that will help a bit and it is pretty cold out there too.

We'll have to put our thinking caps on and find some way to hold them in there; but that can wait til another day. We did enuff for one day as it is ... ;)

Actually, I just finished and DH just finished putting some plastic glue in all the cracks so that no water or snow can get inside and ruin our display. So far we haven't had to buy a thing for it, but we do need a flood light so that it can be seen from a distance; and we will pick one up as they just happen to be on sale this week, so I hope they have some left for us.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in here tonight to say hi -- sure hope you are all having a wonderful weekend; and please do take good care of yourselves ... :hug: ROSEBUD:hug:

Heidi58
12-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Rosebud, I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. :)

Have a great Sunday friends. :hug:

Violet73
12-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Heidi...we marshmallow women can do this and maybe become stick women :)

bargoo
12-06-2009, 09:52 AM
I posted a prayer request on Prayer Warriors. Concerning my ex husband who is near death. Pray for my two sons as they have had to make dificult decisions. Thank you all for your prayers.

wilma12
12-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone! It's Sunday morning and it's snowing softly. Quite beautiful! I'm feeling a little under the weather - nothing too serious - but decided to stay home from church. I think a morning alone at home will be good for me. It's been pretty crazy around here. I've been trying to get my Christmas shopping finished as we have to mail some parcels to family that lives a distance from us. I spent 2 evenings last week making centerpieces for banquets at church.

DH is doing great. Thanks for your prayers. The arm is healing the way its supposed to and he can go back to work in January. Then, he has follow up surgery in April. He's been a great help to me now that he can function normally with his arm. I give him a gift idea and he goes out and gets it. It keeps him busy. He's starting to get a little bored at home.

It's nice to see so many new people here. I look forward to getting to know you.

Have a great Sunday!

bargoo
12-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Update. My ex passed away early this AM.

iriswhispers
12-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Wow, lots of new faces around here - welcome to all of you! =) It really is a great group. :)

I've been fighting some sort of respiratory virus since Thursday and it seems it has finally caught up with me... I need to give a presentation tomorrow so I'm hoping a good night's sleep will keep me well enough for that.

PrairieChick
12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm feeling a little under the weather - nothing too serious - but decided to stay home from church. I think a morning alone at home will be good for me.

DH is doing great. Thanks for your prayers. The arm is healing the way its supposed to and he can go back to work in January.

I hope you get to feeling better Wilma! What a blessing in disguise, that your DH can be home throughout the holidays! I will pray for you and for your DH's continued healing! :hug:

Update. My ex passed away early this AM.

I am so sorry to hear that, I will pray for you and the boys for God's Wisdom and Direction! :hug:

I've been fighting some sort of respiratory virus since Thursday and it seems it has finally caught up with me... I need to give a presentation tomorrow so I'm hoping a good night's sleep will keep me well enough for that.

No good - you need prayer and I'm gon'a be pray'n for ya, that you do well in the presentation. A mug of hot water with honey & apple cider vinegar in it might help clear ya up for the presentation. You get'm GIRL! :hug:

Now if you will, I will be starting my program tomorrow - "Crack the Fat Loss Code". It is pretty intense the first week - 20 grams of Carbs per day. Then for the next 7 weeks I count BAD FATS.

Please pray for me - my neck has been damaged by a Chiropractor, I won't be going back - on muscle relaxer's and foam neck brace at night while I sleep until it heals - I cherish your prayers, Thank You!

See ya Lighter!
(opps, probably shouldn't be do'n that with a BAD neck!) :rofl::lol3:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-06-2009, 11:09 PM
BARGOO ~ ^PRAYERS^ going up for Tim & Dave and you during this time ... :hug:

WILMA ~ prayers for you that you will feel well and get lots of rest. :hug:

IRIS ~ prayers for you for relief from that virus and that you get lots of rest tonight and that your presentation will go smoothly tomorrow: the LORD can carry you through ... :hug:

KIM ~ prayers for your neck for healing and relief from pain too! :hug:

HEIDI ~ will be setting up the creche outside tomorrow; will take some more photos and put them up to see ...

:wave: HI to everyone else; hope you are all well. Take good care of you and yours ... prayers continue for all! :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

PrairieChick
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Thank you SO MUCH Rosebud! :hug:

Heidi58
12-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Kim, I'm sorry to read about your neck. I'll be praying for full healing.

wilma12
12-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks for your prayers I did get lots of rest yesterday and do feel better this a.m.

Bargoo: Prayers going up for you and your boys.
Kim: Prayers for your neck pain. That can't be fun.

Iris: I'm praying for you today.

Time to get ready for work. It's freezing out there today, Gary I'm going to need some of that heat sent up here soon.

Have a great day!

EZMONEY
12-07-2009, 09:00 AM

Time to get ready for work. It's freezing out there today, Gary I'm going to need some of that heat sent up here soon.

WHAT!?? Talk about pressure!... We finally get some rain here (pouring right now and we expect it all week long) and you want sun!!?....oh my...;)

ronni62
12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi, Everyone!

Gee, Gary, hate to add any pressure, but if you're sending heat to Canada, please send it through Iowa, as we got 2" of snow last night and 6 more expected tomorrow with high temps only in the teens the rest of the week:p.

Welcome to all the newbies here! It's great to have so many new people to visit with. And, prayers sent for all requests.

We've had a trying couple weeks. Thanksgiving was nice with my step-son and his family visiting over the weekend, but then, after they left, we all got sick. DH home from work for the whole week, which, as most wives can probably relate, meant that I didn't get a thing done that I needed to for the whole time, plus, I felt pretty crummy, too, but, could someone please explain why DH gets to lay on the couch while he's sick and I still have to cook, clean, and fetch? Oh, well, it kept me busy and not thinking too much about the test today (see the prayer warriors thread). We did get our Christmas tree up and some decorations, but just not enough energy to put anything up outdoors this year. I think the stress of the year is finally catching up as I have no energy to do anything lately.

Adding to that, DH's car had a terminal engine malfunction when we were going to town last Tuesday and we had to pay for towing it back home and now must decide whether to put a "new" engine in it (it's a 99 Ford Escort) or just invest in a "new" car (maybe a 2004 Ford Focus that our dealer has on the lot right now for a decent price-we'll still have to finance, but our van is almost paid off, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue). Just couldn't happen at a worse time, with DS2 needing his car for school (no school bus to get him there) and snow everywhere. Cathy's post from a couple days ago really fits-I think I'll print it out and put it on the fridge:D.

Well, better get to it here or I'll be late for the doc. Have a great day!

bargoo
12-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Thank you all for your prayers at this time.

ronni62
12-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Bargoo-:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: those are for you and your boys. Thinking and praying about you all.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-07-2009, 09:33 PM
:hug:GEE RONNI ~ when it rains, it pours -- or is that snows, in your case down in IOWA ... DH and I were just saying too bad we weren't closer becuz we'd come over and help you put those lights up outside. Too bad your sons couldn't help you a bit. Gee, us kids really loved to do that kinda stuff and we still do. Some people put lights up along their roof/eave troughs and just leave them there, only having to check the bulbs each year. Something to consider for the future.

As for the transportation woes: we sure know how that feels, don't we? Prayers going up for you that your DH will get some wheels for work really soon, as he needs them the most! Have no wheels, have no $$$! :nono: Now, that's not good. Maybe you need to get a dog to fetch for your DH and the boys. Boy, when our parents were sick, we would fetch for them; have things changed that much? I hope not; prayers for you. I just told DH that I think that you need a wife or a maid or something akin to that ... :lol:

WILMA ~ our temps have really plunged here too and we have some cold winds on top of that; when we went out to take pictures of our Nativity Creche (Manger), my fingies froze in just minutes, no seconds! :yikes: And we haven't even reached the coldest months yet ... :eek:

^PRAYERS^ continuing for eveyone here; like BARGOO said ... so many needs these days! :hug::hug::hug:

iriswhispers
12-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the prayers - my voice came through enough to give the presentation this afternoon albeit at slightly lower than my normal volume.

I am off to get some much-needed rest, but you all remain in my prayers.

wilma12
12-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Gary: If it's raining there all week you don't need the sun so you won't miss it a bit. Think of all the good you'll be doing by sending the warmth up here and to those it covers as it heads this way.:D

PrairieChick
12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Kim, I'm sorry to read about your neck. I'll be praying for full healing.

Kim: Prayers for your neck pain. That can't be fun.

Thank you ALL so much for the prayers for my neck! :hug:
It is doing FANTASTIC now - just in time for all the coughing I'm do'n with the BRONCHITIS I have just come down with! :yikes: (yes, that is what Bronchitis looks like)

Thanks for the prayers - my voice came through enough to give the presentation this afternoon albeit at slightly lower than my normal volume.

I am off to get some much-needed rest, but you all remain in my prayers.

:congrat: :woohoo: You DID it! WTG! :D

SO! Trying to figure out how I can GET to Wally World (WalMart) in -1°F, :brr: while it is snowing, 74% humidity and wind of 8 mph.

:chin: :snowglo: :chin:

I will have DH take me this time - I KNOW I'm gon'a need the support after do'n this :crazy: trip! :dizzy:

Have a GREAT day EVERYONE!

See ya Lighter!

cathydoe
12-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Hello everyone! We have some snow and the ground is white. Very pretty! The weather people are telling us all kinds of things :( It has been crazy... around 3 this afternoon it was raining!

A very joyous day for me as I completed some tasks that I have needed to get done! YaHoo!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-08-2009, 08:05 PM
WILMA ~ I like your logic ... :lol: and I was just thinkin' that Californie gets way too much sun anyways -- so it's time to spread it around ... ;)

IRIS ~ I'm glad to hear that you made it thru your presentation; now you can wrap up warm, crawl into bed, and sip hot lemon toddies (non-alcoholic, of course). :hug:

KIM ~ glad the neck pain is gone; now we move onto the bronchitus ... well, at least you can still do some shopping ... ;)

We had a great day shopping ourselves; picked up a few more gifts -- we decided to downsize this year: we're focusing on small, yet tasteful gifts. Now, we can get our cards and gifts into the mail this week. Just before Christmas, we will pick up the food items and we'll be all set, I hope.

PRAYER REQUEST ~ I put in a request for my step-mother, GRACE, for tomorrow AM; she has another bladder scraping as they found another small area of cancer cells on it and are aggressively trying to save her bladder. Thanks!

So we got lots of walking in today; and ate well also. Am doing better this week; my weekend wasn't too great, but not really bad either. Still chucking along; and that is what's important, I think! Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow; take good care ... ROSEBUD:hug:

PS ~ here's a link to another thread where I posted some pics of our NATIVITY CRECHE and our porch decos -- DH and a friend made the manger and cradle box; and I made the Joseph and Mary poster people ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/187331-physical-challenges-december-2.html#post3040361

PrairieChick
12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
KIM ~ glad the neck pain is gone; now we move onto the bronchitus ... well, at least you can still do some shopping ... ;)

We had a great day shopping ourselves; picked up a few more gifts -- we decided to downsize this year: we're focusing on small, yet tasteful gifts. Now, we can get our cards and gifts into the mail this week. Just before Christmas, we will pick up the food items and we'll be all set, I hope.

PRAYER REQUEST ~ I put in a request for my step-mother, GRACE, for tomorrow AM; she has another bladder scraping as they found another small area of cancer cells on it and are aggressively trying to save her bladder. Thanks!

Thanks Justwant2Bhealthy! :hug:
I'm like you - this Christmas will be scaled WAY down! :shocksn:
Did a LOT of walking at Wally World today - was soaking wet when I got to checkout - don't know if it was the workout, or the bronchitis :chin:
But am safe at home - warm and cozy! :ginger:
I plan on decorating the house (inside) tomorrow - yep, just a little late, but haven't been in the mood to do it until now. I'm ready now!

Will be pray'n for GRACE tomorrow, that ALL will go GREAT! :hug:

Still feel'n GREAT on day TWO! :woohoo:

See ya Lighter!

cathydoe
12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Hello everyone. Please add Heidi to your prayers. She is in MA with her mom and dad and her dad is very sick.

Also today I am saying extra prayers for people that have to be out in this cold and nasty weather. Praying that they will be safe.

EZMONEY
12-09-2009, 01:03 PM

I have been coming here often but obviously not posting....I'll try to do better with that!

I am healing fine from the hernia surgery, still off work probably until after Christmas with the recovery. I am not having any more pain, just some minor discomfort on the incisions from time to time and still a little tenderness in the surgery area...but boy that hair growing back is itchy! :censored:

I have been getting out for at least 3 miles every day with the mutts, except for the day of rain, then I treadmilled it. Looks like I can send that :sunny: sun out after all :) The week of rain...ha!...passed after 1 day, although more is expected the end of the week. It was cloudy all day yesterday but the sun is out and full today...a nice day in the high 60's now.

My weight is up :mad: I am really not over eating, I just am not burning off any calories, eating just like I do when I work....dang! Oh, not perfect, knocked off an entire bag of rice chips the other night...and I usually do not snack at all during the day or at night...sometimes, maybe once a week if that, I will have some crackers and olives before bed...or on occasion Angie will make some popcorn :corn: I never pass that up! But that happens once in a blue moon. Need to work that through :) Along with that beer in-put ;)

The company Christmas party went well except I had to wear my fat pants and I couldn't button my collar without looking like a stuffed guinea pig so I passed on the tie. I gave away all of my larger neck sized shirts...I was never going to need them :nono:...oops. I still wore a coat, not out of place at all without a tie.

I will check back later....I have sent prayers up for all concerns....

I have a guy coming to give an estimate for termites...yikes...normal here ;)

Be back soon....

PrairieChick
12-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone. Please add Heidi to your prayers. She is in MA with her mom and dad and her dad is very sick.

Also today I am saying extra prayers for people that have to be out in this cold and nasty weather. Praying that they will be safe.

You got it! I will be pray'n for Heidi and her family - and for Wisdom & Direction for the Physicians concerning the care of her Dad. ♥

I am healing fine from the hernia surgery...

I have been getting out for at least 3 miles every day with the mutts, except for the day of rain, then I treadmilled it. Looks like I can send that :sunny: sun out after all :) The week of rain...ha!...passed after 1 day, although more is expected the end of the week. It was cloudy all day yesterday but the sun is out and full today...a nice day in the high 60's now.

My weight is up :mad:

I have a guy coming to give an estimate for termites...yikes...normal here ;)

Be back soon....

Wonderful that you are on the mends! :cheer:
Weight being up is just part of your life right now, don't mean that it is forever! Just relax and watch what you are put'n in your mouth - and concentrate on getting healed up! ;)

Now, we don't have termites in Wyoming (if we do, it is rare) due to our weather being so cold - I guess you have to trade something for something - right now, I SURE COULD USE some of your 60°F weather! And the :sunny: too!

Have a GREAT day and take it easy! :wave: ~ Kim

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
CATHY ~ don't worry, we haven't forgotten about Heidi's DAD & Mom or her; we still send up prayers each day and long after the request is made to make sure they are well. We also have a PRAYER WARRIOR's thread in this forum where we all can put in requests; and we pray for all of them as well, as do many other people that come there, but they all don't post here. You are very kind: they are well covered! :hug:

We have had a huge snow storm here all day. I have just been staying indoors doing stuff around here; paying bills and putting out prayer requests and praying for others too. DH just went out and is trying to keep our car unburied at this time; will have to call him in for dinner soon, so he'll have to take a wee break. ;)

^Prayers^ are going up for all your concerns ... :hug:

ronni62
12-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Well, blizzard ended here yesterday late afternoon. Looks like we got about 12" and some very large piles! No school again today, so the boys will be continuing the snow-blowing here and at some of our neighbors. DH went to work-he had stayed home yesterday rather than take a chance on losing another vehicle right now. We live on a county road and they didn't even send plows to our area until this morning, so, of course, we now have to clean out the end of the driveway again:p.

So, with all this bad weather, it's awfully hard to finish the Christmas shopping and it's giving me a desire to bake things:cookie::cookie: which is bad, bad, bad! Might try a couple lightened up recipes I came across in Healthy Cooking magazine.

Well, nothing else going on here. Haven't heard anything from the med tests, so hoping that no news is good news, except I do know that most of our clinics were closed yesterday, so it could just be that no one was there to call with the results.

Wow, just saw that the temp is -9 deg F! Glad I have nowhere to go today! You all take care and have a great day! Keeping you in my prayers:hug:

PrairieChick
12-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Just stopping in to say HI to everyone!

I'm on a couple of prescriptions now for my diagnosed Bronchitis - should be really feeling the improvement by Friday (tomorrow)!

I'm not letting this get me down - you ALL have been such GREAT encouragement to me and thank you SO much for your prayers!

:grouphug:
Have a Blessed day!
Kim :hug:

EZMONEY
12-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Well gals I had hoped to give you a picture of my new "complete" Nativity...not to be...

Evidently there is a problem with the 3rd Wiseman :) I spent almost an hour on the phone today... but got "their" problem resolved...there will be a 3rd Wiseman coming soon...:carrot: However we may have Christmas without him...oh well...I have the BABY...and He is all we need isn't it!!!!

Isn't it wonderful knowing all we need is Jesus...FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Karen31
12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Gary. the Nativity is very pretty.. I know you will be happy to get the 3rd wiseman but in the meantime it is beautiful!

Heavensent
12-11-2009, 12:08 AM
:wave: HI ~ that nativity set is very lovely ... thanks for showing it to us.

I can see a smaller set behind it that looks like little people ;) -- I received 2 of them as gifts so I gave one away as that gave me 3 nativity scenes in total; and I didn't have room for them all (our place is small).

Daisy :flow1:

ronni62
12-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Gary-the missing wise man reminds me that not all of us find Jesus (become wise) early on. Some come "late" but are still welcome in God's kingdom! It offers hope for those of us who are praying for our parents and other older loved ones to come to Jesus!

Hello to all! Still cold today, but supposed to warm up a little-like to about 15 degrees! So, we're going to have to brave the cold and go to the store, as we're out of all the staples-you know, like bread, milk, kleenex, and chocolate! Might try to get most of the Christmas shopping finished up also, since today's payday:).

Hoping a praying for everyone to have a wonderful & blessed day!

cathydoe
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Hello all! I was without internet...so I have been amusing myself with another hobby (sewing). Did u miss me?

This week I completed a giant work related task...one that has been bugging me and I have been procrastinating over. Now that it is done I feel lost. Almost depressed like. I feel blah. Please say a prayer that I may find peace.

bargoo
12-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Thank you all for your prayers . in the death of my ex husband. Even though we we were divorced I will not erase the good times and am concentrating on that.

EZMONEY
12-11-2009, 04:47 PM

Taking a break in between chores....if I don't finish Angie will have my head :stars: Kitchen, baths and vacuuming are done...the laundry I am allowed to do is finished...now for the dusting...I hate dusting!

It rained here this morning but cleared out to be a fairly nice day, I just checked the gauge outside and it's 69 degrees. The mutts and I went out for 2.5 miles this morning...took it easy on them since they went with me for 4 miles the last 2 days and a couple with Angie yesterday before she left to teach yoga at church.

I have my i-pod shuffle loaded with all Christmas songs...around 300 songs I guess...loving listening to it on the walks and chores around the house :ginger:

No plans for the week-end...I thought Angie's Christmas party was tonight but it's not until next Friday night....gives me a chance to knock down a few pounds ;)...but then I'm not good under pressure :lol:

BARGOO ~ I hope you and the boys are healing from the ex-husbands death. I hope it wasn't too difficult for you to go through. I know our relationships with are ex's are different. I was thinking about that today after I read your post this morning...how I would handle it....likely that will happen, her family lives into the 100's! Anyway, I think we treat each like brother and sister really...and to be honest that is how it has been for close to 20 years, not only from my point but my entire family....we still hug each other from time to time...of course never an "I love you :lol:"... I still hold the same "position" in her family as I did when we were married...people are blown away that 20 years later her family still comes to my house for Christmas Eve, etc. I hope the tests are good news :hug:

CATHY ~ Of course we missed you! Glad you are back in business :carrot: Prayers you find peace in what you are seeking it for :angel:

RONNI ~ Love the story on the wise men...so true! I thought the set I ordered...comes in pieces..was supposed to be filled by Christmas...the major part of it..which would be 1 more wise man. Talking to the customer service gal yesterday I found out all in all there will be close to 50 pieces...not gonna buy all those...at $28.00 a piece! One more :book2: wise man and I am set ;) I hope it warms up for you! Praying for good results on your tests too :angel:

DAISY ~ Your welcome :) yep that is a little people Nativity, we have about 6 scattered around the living room for decorations...I just love the Nativity! Come on back and visit.

KIM ~ I hope you are getting over that bronchitis...that can be nasty stuff I know! :hug:

ROSEBUD ~ Are all your decorations up? I loved the pictures..sure looks like winter there! How's Grace doing?

Well gotta check out for a bit...hello everyone...KAREN ~ WILMA ~ IRIS ~ HEIDI ~ SCOOTER...where are you? Hope all is well :angel: All you MIA's...prayers for health and peace :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-11-2009, 05:27 PM
:wave: HI FOLKS ~ I couldn't get in here at all yesterday; the log-in feature was acting up.

BARGOO ~ that's why I continued to pray for you and your sons; I know that just becuz you were divorced that doesn't mean you couldn't care about him as a person. People break up for different reasons; and sometimes, you aren't the one that wanted the divorce; and sometimes, you care but other things caused the divorce ... so it's perfectly normal to grieve his loss. Focusing on all the good memories helps the healing/grieving process too. :hug:

RONNI ~ Like I said before, I just luv, luv, luv that saying in your signature; it makes me laugh everytime I see it! And, I can't believe how cold it is down in your parts; your temps are as cold as ours ... but last night it did go down to -18 C or worse? I was just so chilled; couldn't get warm, so I finally gave in and put the furnace up a notch. When I finally went to bed it was only 60 F in our bedroom, so I put on our little heater at the same time to bring it up to 65 F ... brrr ... Tonight, I think I'll put a third comforter on the bed! :lol:

GARY ~ ya, we have all our decos up now; inside and out. We do have an Angel in the corner that I am debating whether to put beside the nativity or leave inside; it is so cold this year, and yes, we had a 2-day storm that dropped about a foot of ***** on us but I'm glad we have it for Christmas. GRACE is resting comfortably at home, thanks; she needs lots of peace and quiet and rest after these procedures. My DAD takes very good care of her but we send up lots of prayers for him too, as I know it upsets him when she is sick ... I'm glad that they will be staying at NUMPSTER's new place for the winters in the future; there they won't ever be alone (and we can keep a closer eye on them too). ;) BTW, the move is set for the end of January, much earlier than they thought it would be, but they are very excited ...

HI CATHY ~ yes, we are glad you are back; prayers for peace going up for you too ...

Speaking of that, we haven't heard from LAURIE in quite a while; I hope everything is OK with her down there in Michigan ... HI Laurie ...

Brrr ... I can feel those temps dropping again; time to go start dinner. Hope everyone here has a FANTASTIC FRIDAY night -- and do take good care of you and yours too ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

PrairieChick
12-11-2009, 08:28 PM
:wave: HI KIM ~ yes, the way we live and eat has changed over the years, hasn't it? I don't recall very many overweight children when I was in public school either and I am only 51 y/y. Hopefully, with a new awareness and GOD's help, we can do something about that ...

Thanks! I wasn't able to log in until now - I guess 3FC's had some site issues :dunno: GLAD it is up and running again! :D

My energy kicked into gear today :bunny2:- it will about this time on the program I'm on - almost done with week one! :woohoo:
Couldn't get to sleep until midnight - then UP I was at 2:30 this morning - I had some AWESOME time with God till around 5 am - but I'm getting a little sleep now... :tired:

So - just pop'n in and catching up with you all!
Have a great evening -

Catch ya tomorrow! ~ Kim :trampo:

PinkFlamingo
12-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Hi guys! I have been off-track since I had swine flu 2 weeks ago.

I am struggling really hard. I feel so far from God, I feel so far from myself, from everything and everyone.

It is the end of the term and I am finding it so hard to care about anything. I can't get out of bed. I couldn't even make it to either my doctor's appointment or my appointment to see my pastor this week. I had a big paper (already 2 weeks late) I promised to get into my prof on Wednesday, and I haven't even started it yet. All I want to do is lie in bed with my dogs and pretend the world doesn't exist.

I am still going through a spiritually "dry" period, and that might have something to do with my schoolwork too (I am a Theology student). I am ashamed to admit that I haven't prayed in over 2 weeks when it's something I try to do every morning and before bed. I'm afraid to reach out to God, I feel tired and empty.

I have been emailing with my pastor, and of course she tells me to pray anyway because it's the times when we feel the most distanced from God that we need him the most. But... I just haven't. I'm not sure why. Self-sabotage?

I am dealing with a lot of feelings from childhood abuse, as well as a change in medication. I am worried maybe it is something physical making me so tired and uncaring, but the blood tests always come back fine. It's not normal to be this tired and uncaring at 27. At this point, I don't know what my status at school is. i have had to drop a couple of classes, and I haven't gotten the forms in. God willing, it's not too late. I go to an extremely competitive school and if I have a bunch of failures on my transcript, I will not be able to continue.

I haven't been out of my pyjamas or out of the house in over 5 days. It's been too snowy to walk the dogs so I don't even have that to motivate me.

I am seeing my pastor on Monday and I will try to get to church on Sunday. I am just feeling so despairing and helpless.

I need God so very badly right now. I need to feel whole and connected and loved and worthwhile.

I confessed to my pastor a few weeks ago that I am not sure I want to be alive. That I think about suicide all the time, that I just want to go and be with God because it hurts too much here. I don't know how to make myself decide once and for all to commit myself to life. She said that all I can do is pray that God takes away those dark thoughts.

I have a healthy side, the side that is called to ministry, the side that finishes at the top of my class, the kind girl, the smart girl. But mostly she is hiding behind the scared little girl.

Sorry, this is long and rambly.

I could just use some extra prayers?

Blessings.

cathydoe
12-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Extra prayers are on your way! Keep praying. I am new here and I look forward to meeting the gal that you talked about:

I have a healthy side, the side that is called to ministry, the side that finishes at the top of my class, the kind girl, the smart girl. But mostly she is hiding behind the scared little girl.

Take good care of you. You are special...just because!

bargoo
12-12-2009, 11:42 AM
A prayer doesn't have to be long and eloquent. A simple, "God , I need help." is sufficient.
God always hears and answers. God bless you.

EZMONEY
12-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Sending prayers for your health and well being PINKFLAMINGO....

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Dearest PINK ~ am sending up prayers for you right now; and BARGOO is so right ... just a "I need help, LORD" or "JESUS, please help me" ... is all you have to say and it will be heard.

Keep in mind that these flu viruses can affect how you think and feel; so once you are starting to get better from that, your thoughts can improve too. BY all means, get the help you need from your pastor. Dressing up warmly and going out even for a few minutes with your furry babies can help you feel refreshed. Try to go to the doctors as they can't help you if you don't go; maybe you need a different medication.

Will pray that GOD's angels will surround you and protect you; please do come back and let us encourage you. If you need to talk, you can always PM us too. Remember that life is a gift that GOD gave you; and He loves you and wants you to feel better and be well in this life. Do you have any family that could talk to your school for you and/or come and help you?

Don't be afraid to reach out for help from GOD, from doctors, from the church, from counsellors, from family, from us, and from friends ... there are many people out there that would be glad to help you in some way, but they have to know you need them ... please do take care of yourself! :hug:

CountingDown
12-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi all!
I'm back :D
I was out of town for work for a while.

I've read everyone's posts. Prayers ascending!
Special prayers for bargoo and family and for PinkFlamingo. Extra :hug: too!

I will check back in when I can. The next couple weeks are going to be just as busy as the last two were. This time of year is so crazy with both work (for both DH and me) and church responsibilities. Every night is booked solid. I'm glad I'm still walking to work, otherwise exercise would be really hard to work into my day.

Happy 3rd Sunday of Advent (Joy) to all of you! I wish you a JOYOUS and grace-filled day!

Laurie :scooter:

cathydoe
12-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Well I hope you don't mind...but I wanted 2 share this with you all!

Dear Lord,
I know you're watching over me
And I'm feeling truly blessed
For no matter what I pray for
You always know what's best!
I have this circle of blog friends,
Who mean the world to me;
Some days I "send" and "send,"
At other times, I let them be.

I am so blessed to have these friends,
With whom I've grown so close;
So this little poem I dedicate to them,
Because to me they are the "Most"!

When I see each name download,
And view the message they've sent;
I know they've thought of me that day,
And "well wishes" were their intent.

So to you, my friends,

I would like to say,
Thank you for being a part;
Of all my daily contacts,

This comes right from my heart .
God bless you is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,

Until we write again.

PrairieChick
12-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

PinkFlamingo - I'm there for ya girl. Unfortunately many Christians have suicidal thoughts (look at Paul). I will be pray'n for ya on Monday when you go to see your Pastor - I HIGHLY encourage you to GO to Church tomorrow - it will help! Prayers are com'n your way now. AND....READ your signature here
"Because I'm worth it"

CountingDown - GREAT to see you BACK and wonderful to meet ya! ;)

cathydoe - Thank you so much for that wonderful poem! Awwwww...:cry:

Have a wonderful worshipful Sunday tomorrow -
I'll check in then!
~ Kim :trampo:

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
HI GALS ~ :wave:

Waiting here for Angie to get home from a yoga class. Right now the sun is out so we may be able to get these dogs out for a walk. I took off with them yesterday, in between rain showers, thought we could get in 3 miles...:D we got about 1/4 of a mile before we got drenched! Wet dog smell in the house all day :) We are used to stinky dogs though ;)

Church was nice today, my son and ex-wife sat with us. His wife had a Charger Girl promotional thing to go to since the team is in Dallas today.

The children's honor choir and the adult choir sang...awesome! Angie's bell choir played last week and then will play again at early service on Christmas Eve. Our Vicar was gone today so we didn't stick around for Sunday School...we usually take in his class...gave Angie a chance to run off to a yoga class she enjoys. She did one yesterday on "hips"...thinks she can use it to help some of those in her class at church.

SCOOTER ~ Good to see you back...don't scare us like that! ;)

CATHY ~Outstanding poem! It is great to have you here with us :hug:

PINK ~ continued prayers and :hug:

BARGOO ~ KIM ~ ROSEBUD ~ EVERYONE ~Hello! :)

PrairieChick
12-13-2009, 02:30 PM
:wave:

EZMONEY - what a wonderful time to be in Church with your family - it really IS special - I know the feeling - warm and fuzzy!:flow2:

Have a GREAT day! ~ Kim :comp:

Got to go see how the Broncos are fairing with the Colts! :yikes:

CountingDown
12-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Happy Sunday all!

Cathy - Nice!

Prairie - nice to meet you too! Good advice to "Pink".!

Pink - prayers continuing for you, girl!

Gary - hope you got out for that walk with the girls! I know that "wet dog" smell - all too well. And Golden fur seems to hold on to it until you bathe them. And of course THEY think they smell fine, so they still cuddle and snuggle and wanna sit in your lap ;)

Church was wonderful today - I just love the "Joy" Sunday of Advent.

I spent the afternoon cooking for the week, so the house smells wonderful! I find that the only way I can stay ON PLAN during the holidays is to have good, healthy alternatives to all the "junk". If I take wonderful things for lunch, I'm less likely to grab the goodies in the lunchroom.

Educators seem to go all-out this time of year. Between all of the vendors sending junk and all of the staff baking - UGH!

I hope you all had a blessed Sunday! Gotta fly - the bran muffins are "buzzing".

Prayers ascending for all!

Blessings :D

Heidi58
12-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Hello friends,

Just checking in. :)
I should be finishing up the last of my report cards - I got behind when I was in Massachusetts during the week. The few I have left to do are the "hard" ones. They're those kids who will most likely grow up into fine young men and women but right now they're driving everyone crazy! lol

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-13-2009, 11:47 PM
:wave: Lovely :sunny: day today; just wrapped gifts and relaxed. Spent lots of time doing devotions, prayers, etc. DH has a flu so stayed home from church as we don't want to spread it to others; too many elderly people go there. Got him to rest a lot today. Made a nice roast chicken dinner tonight with lots of veggies ... good day all round! :hug:

Cape Breton Chick
12-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Good morning everyone.. My name is Angela, and I have not been a "post-er" in this thread, but I visit lots, have prayed for people here, and have just been a quiet observer. I feel God so strongly working and moving in me lately and have been led to begin a 10 day partial fast and God has lain it on my heart to ask here for prayer, to speak up and make my presence here known. So I ask for your prayers for strength and guidance and that my fast will help to open my eyes to what God wants to reveal to me, for things to happen in my life that are of Gods will and beautiful plan for my life.
Thank you all so very much for .. just being here. :hug:

God Bless

EZMONEY
12-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't have a lot of time right now but wanted to welcome ANGELA and let every one know prayers continue for all concerns!

May He continue to richly bless us all!

cathydoe
12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Welcome Angela. My prayers are with you for strength and guidance through your fast. May peace and love be in your heart.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
:welcome: ANGELA ~ I admire you doing that fast -- when I was younger, I could have done that; but not today becuz I gotta keep my BSL's balanced now and I am on special meds that make me very hungry, so I have to eat every 2-3 hours. We have some friends that do a liquid fast (soups & juices) one day a week (Tuesdays, I think). I will pray for you that you will receive insight and direction for your life. Glad that you decided to join us in our thread.

We finally got all our gifts sent out in the mail today; DH was the errand boy for the day. I think we are even earlier this year, but it was so hectic with the moving and all last year. We have our turkey and DH's meat pies, so we are all set in that department. Just some last minute small things and local stuff to do.

Hope you are all well; take care ... Rosebud:hug:

CountingDown
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Angela, glad you joined us! :crossed: that ONEDERLAND is in your very near future!

Hi to everyone else! Another crazy day in MI. But, all is well here.

Prayers ascending for everyone. May your week be blessed and Christ-centered!

:hug:

EZMONEY
12-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Please go here and vote for my daughter in law NICOLE...http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Send-a-Charger-Girl-to-the-2010-Pro-Bowl/404646d4-b825-42c2-9113-a8741d147fa6

Karen31
12-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Just voted!!! She is very pretty. Can you vote more than once?

EZMONEY
12-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Thank you Karen...I am not sure...please try again tomorrow1

PrairieChick
12-15-2009, 12:42 AM
:welcome: Angela

You got it girl! I'll be pray'n for you fast and that you will receive God's Wisdom and Direction that you are seeking! :hug:

See ya Lighter! :broc:
Kim :comp:

Sure will be glad when I get to have a signature...not more copy and paste! :carrot:

OH - almost forgot.....

My first weigh in today after my FIRST week on program....
I lost 7 pounds! :dancer:

:woohoo:

ronni62
12-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Angela-:welcome2:

Kim-:carrot: on a 7 pound loss!

Gary-bet those votes are adding up quickly!

Bargoo-:hug::hug::hug: I wish I could give you the real kind. Always in my prayers.

Rosebud-wish I was as organized as you. I'm nowhere near ready for Christmas! I do have most of the shopping done, but no wrapping or cleaning done AT ALL yet. There are just too many things demanding attention right now and I can't seem to focus to get them accomplished.

Hi to everyone else too! Hope you're all having a blessed Advent! I got good news yesterday-the blood work and ultrasound were normal, so no cancer worries. Must just be MS related issues, still.

Now, if we can only make a decision on whether to fix DH's car (the 99 Escort that had an engine valve go 2 weeks ago) or just buy a newer car. The dealer let us use an 04 Focus wagon for a couple days and we really like it, but DH just isn't sure about getting a different car. I really hate the thought of putting $2000 into a 10 year old car, when the transmission or some other major thing could also go at any time, realistically thinking. Our 90 Ranger is on the jack in the garage now, too, because a brake line ruptured-see a trend here? DH really takes good care of our vehicles (the Ranger is spotless-most people think it's a new truck when they see it), but they reach a certain point where parts just start failing-a lot like people, you know:lol: So, as with every decision in our 19 year union, DH and I are on opposite sides in this and having a hard time making a final decision. Should have foreseen this before we got married, as I'm Coke and he's Pepsi and never the two shall mix:dizzy:!

Not much going on here today, thank goodness, though. DS2 has no school for a teacher in-service, so we're taking the day off too. Maybe I'll actually be able to get some of the cleaning done! It's for sure way toooooo cold to go anywhere today (-6F right now:p).

Well, you all have a great day! I'll be thinking of you!:hug:

Karen31
12-15-2009, 11:30 AM
I guess only one vote Gary--- I just went there again and tried to vote and it said "Thank you, we have already counted your vote." But I tried! Have a great day.

We're going this afternoon to get the H1N1 vaccine. Our health dept. is giving them out today but only by appointment. So I'm hoping we gon't get a bad reaction to the shot and we don't get the H1N1!!!

Cape Breton Chick
12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone.. Thank you all for your warm welcome, prayers, support and encouragement. At the end of day 2 and feel things are going well.. for the most part. Feeling attacked, but I expected that.. I keep praising God through out my day and praying for guidance through those attacks.
Ronni, I hope everything works out and you will be able to come to a decision about your car..
Karen.. good luck with the H1N1 vaccine, I received mine just over a week ago, and while my arm was quite sore for a few days afterward I am very happy to have gotten it.
Ezmoney, good luck to your daughter in law!
Rosebud, good for you girl being so prepared this year.. I am further ahead then usual this year as well.. but even though everything is paid for I am waiting for it all to arrive via post or courier, and think I may have caused myself more stress in the waiting.. lol
Prairie Chick, way to go on 7 pounds your first week!! :yay: What program are you following?
I pray everyone is having a great Tuesday! Bye for now :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-15-2009, 08:30 PM
:wave: HI THERE ~ We had lots of :sunny: today, but it was very cold here today; woke up to -20C and with the wind it felt worse than that. It looked nice so we decided to go out today but ... brrr .... it was frosty. Got lots of walking in and picked up some nice Christmas books at our second-hand store so I'll have lots to read well into January I'm sure.

We also picked up some very long and thick curtains for our large livingroom window to keep that wall warmer this witner; we got them for a terrific deal: what a blessing for us (regular price was very high). We have to go pick up the hardware tomorrow; so far we have one up and it covers the window by itself. :lol:

GARY ~ voted for NICOLE; hope she wins -- and those are good chances 3:1. I finished that book by Thomas Kinkade; loved it. Last night I just finished a book called "THE NOTEBOOK" by Nicolas Sparks which is a very touching love story about his wife's grandparents; and (correction) now I am starting Nicholas' next book called "Message in a Bottle".

RONNI ~ yes, people say that I am very organized all the time; but you know, my DH is not, so GOD often puts people with opposite gifts and likes together. I like pepsi and DH likes coke too; I prefer to fix a vehicle (affordably of course) and DH keeps wanting to buy newer ones -- sound familiar? DH and I have differents gifts, but we compliment each other. I'm easy-going, upbeat, and light-hearted; but he's more serious and worries more than me. I'm good with money, cooking, cleaning, very organized; but he's very mechanical, and can fix things, and is a great help to me.

This isn't just you; I think most couples have this kind of polarity going on; it's just the difference between the sexes. I find that sometimes, you might have to defer to your spouse; sometimes, you may have to put your foot down; sometimes, you have to compromise; and sometimes, you need to get advice.

Maybe you could compare the costs to repair your Escort with the $2000+ you would have to spend on the newer car; which one wins? The RAnger can be fixed if it's just a brake line; that happened to us recently (but I hate the bills too). My Dad always says that if a vehicle can be fixed for under $1000 (a year); fix it, becuz it is better than a car payment. Way out the pros and cons, and figure in the total costs to see which solution is better. Prayers for wisdom for this decision. Hope that helps a bit. :hug:

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow ... Rosebud:hug:

CountingDown
12-15-2009, 09:05 PM
You can vote once from every browser - Firefox, IE, etc.

;)

Hi all! Prayers continuing for everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Tuesday! It is cold and snowy here, but quite beautiful!

Just a quick fly-by tonight, but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Laurie

CountingDown
12-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi all - a quick fly-in. DH and I had an anniversary celebration tonight (31 years) so I am needing to get some chores done before bed.

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings!

Laurie

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-16-2009, 08:44 PM
:wave: WOWIE ~ where is everybody? Guess only me and Laurie comin' by the last 2 days ... well, winter has dug her heels in here. It went done to at least the mid - twenties last night, but was only -20C when we got up; it may be colder out in the open though, esp with the wind chill factor.

We went up town to get our hardware and put our new curtains up; then we put the other ones (which were shorter) in our bedroom to keep the winds out of that window too. That took us all afternoon; it's a bigger job than we imagine it is. I read somewhere that good curtains over our blinds can help to keep the winds out and the heat in; so we now have a double layer on both windows.

LAURIE ~ :congrat: on the 31-year anniversary; hope you both have a very pleasant evening!

We had wg spagetti and meatballs for dinner tonight; I also had a coleslaw with mine and DH had mini-croissants with his. So I got a little walking in today, but my poor feeties were still sore from yesterday ...

Hope you are all well; and have a terrific Thursday tomorrow too ... ROSEBUD:hug:

cathydoe
12-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Hello everyone. I posted earlier today, but I have been having internet issues and it looks like the lines spazzed out somewhere and my message is floating in cyberspace somewhere :)

Whew, just returned home from visiting my Godmother in the nursing home. Whew, what a dreary and depressing place! <heavy sigh> She just went the day before yesterday...oh my...please pray for Thelma and the other residents. And I need strength to go back daily to visit. I thought that nursing homes had gotten better over the years...I was wrong.

bargoo
12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Nicole got my vote.

EZMONEY
12-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I am here...been babysitting my sister this week....

thanks for the votes for Nicole!

I know I can count on my gals!

iriswhispers
12-17-2009, 12:39 PM
I haven't been checking in lately, but you've all been on my mind! I hope I'll be able to keep up with 3fc a little more now - just finished finals and ran my half marathon this past sunday. The other thing occupying my time (well besides work) has been the new man in my life - some of you might remember my break-up a little while back, and I'm SO glad I went through with it... I've definitely met someone better suited for me. =)

Blessings and prayers for all - and I will catch up soon!

PrairieChick
12-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Kim-:carrot: on a 7 pound loss!

:thanks: so much! :o ;)

Prairie Chick, way to go on 7 pounds your first week!! :yay: What program are you following?

:woohoo: :thanks: :woohoo:
I following the "Crack the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant
I've started a weekly thread here on 3FC's, take a look, join us if you want! ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/188023-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-december-14-2009-a.html

:wave: WOWIE ~ where is everybody? ROSEBUD:hug:

I'm here!!! :wave:
Haven't been feel'n to great :barf: the last few days...my bronchitus is BACK with revenge! :devil: AND I'm not even DONE with antibiotics! :dunno:
My doctor as ordered 5 more days for me...so will be on them for a while longer.

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone! :grouphug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-17-2009, 08:59 PM
:wave: Nice to see some of our people back here today -- we had clear skies and lovely :sunny: all day long. Last night before I went to bed, I could see all the stars and they were all very close too: it was beautiful to see at this time of year.

The temps will be pretty cold again tonight but we already noticed that the temps stayed up higher here last night after we put up the drapes on the south wall which was the coldest one we have here. It is surprising how much cold does come in through the windows. I read another tip that said to open them when the sun is out (and in daylight) but close them as soon as the sun goes down, and that will keep your home warmer too. Good to know ...

IRIS ~ glad you got those finals finished, and that you met someone you have more in common with -- and so soon! :D

KIM ~ prayers goin' up that you are feeling better soon; there are so many flus going around these days, and bronchitus is no fun.

[COLOR="Red"][B]CATHY ~ hmmm ... something odd is going on around here lately. Some of my posts are being deleted for some unknown reason, like my response to you. I had written that I am sending up prayers for Thelma and her nursing home, etc.

Hope you all have Fab Friday tomorrow; take good care too ... Rosebud :hug:

cathydoe
12-17-2009, 09:15 PM
What a day! CFK is officially over and we had almost 500 children. Today was pick-up! This afternoon I also had the opportunity to visit with the Nursing Home administrator and DON...please pray for Thelma. She has a long road a head of herself!

EZMONEY
12-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I came ...I read...I prayed...busy with sister right now...

IRIS...a new man?....you're killin' me girl....love it!

Cathy...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi58
12-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Hello everyone! :wave:

Things are busy here, the kiddos are pretty wound up at school this time of year and things aren't going so well for my Dad right now, though we still expect he'll be here for Christmas. I've either caught a bug or something or my body is reacting to the extra stress right now but I've been under the weather for a few days and feel lousy again this morning. Too much going on at school to stay home though, and to be honest it's a good distraction so I'm heading out in a few minutes.

Just wanted to say hello and let you know that I do read the thread even when I don't post. :hug:

Cathy, I'm praying for Thelma.

ronni62
12-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi, everyone! Just popping in to say hi. Not much going on-still pretty early though. Or, it's just that everyone here is tired. Even DS2 just got up and he's never slept later than 6 am from the day he was born!

He received good news yesterday-he's been accepted at the college he really wants to go to and they're already offering scholarship money:carrot:! It's Northwestern College at Orange City, IA, a small, private Christian college that has about the best biology dept in several states, as well as law enforcement, so he can do coursework in both. He's a happy camper right now! Kinda stressful thinking about my first baby heading away for college, though. Glad it's still 9 months before he'll have to go! Gives me time to get used to the idea...

Well, I need to get going today or I'll accomplish nothing. Prayers said. You're all in my thoughts. Have a blessed and wonderful day!:hug:

cathydoe
12-18-2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY

My dh sent this to me today. I know Gary and Heidi have a love for dogs. And maybe you have seen this. This song has really touched my heart.

Prayers going out to all. May you have a peaceful and blessed day!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-18-2009, 07:58 PM
RONNI ~ that's great news; what a double blessing for your DS2 ... PTL for that!!! :hug:

:wave: HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ had a really nice day today; much milder temps so we ventured out to buy a few small things we needed. So I got some walking in today and saved some dough big time too! Hope you all have a blessed evening plus a super Saturday tomorrow ... (for some reason, I kept thinking today was Saturday, when it was still Friday) ... :dizzy: I have it all straightened out now ... :lol: ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

PrairieChick
12-18-2009, 09:54 PM
KIM ~ prayers goin' up that you are feeling better soon; there are so many flus going around these days, and bronchitus is no fun.

:thanks: for your Prayers! I'm get'n my energy back - by next week, I should be back to exercise! :woohoo:

Still bark'n a lot - coughing up "hair balls" :lol3: but seem to be on the mend! ;)

CountingDown
12-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi all!
A quick fly-in again tonight.
Prayers continuing for all, special prayers for healing for those in need.

I hope to catch up tomorrow!

Laurie

EZMONEY
12-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Spent the week taking my sister to doctors appointments and such. We did get a walk in together, she was up to that one day. We did a lot of visiting and resting! It was her off week of chemo so she felt pretty good considering.

Went to Angie's work party last night...did pretty good on the appetizers...not like Thanksgiving! Yeah for me...beer was ok too for me...4 Pacifico's...I had pre-ordered the London Broil...it was good, had a ton of veggies with it and mashed potatoes...I am sure it was great on the calorie chart but hey...that's life....

Going over to Angie's ex-husband's tonight for a dinner/birthday party for my step-daughter. Should be fun, my daughter and son in law will be there, my nephew got home from the NAVY for Christmas a few days ago too...he hit my door running!!!!!!!! I have seen him for a few minutes at a time..ha! He did give me a hand about an hour ago moving some ladders I needed done. My son's mil just flew in for 2 days a bit ago so he is going to stop by the party but dil won't...taking her mom to Island's for a "fix"...guess there isn't one in Florida where she lives..lol....

Well I gotta jam...I will return...promise!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-19-2009, 09:05 PM
:ginger: Just a quiet day at home; watching Christmas movies. Eating healthy and relaxing tonight. HOpe you are all well and having a wonderful weekend too; less than a week to that special day ... ROSEBUD:candy:

CountingDown
12-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi all, hope you are having a stress-free weekend! I'm just finishing up laundry and wrapping gifts.

I'm thankful that all of the Christmas parties are now over, and only the holiday itself is left. We plan to visit MIL for Christmas Eve and then spend the day at home. Thus, I might just make it through the month without a gain :)

We got the WII out again tonight after several months of inactivity. It was fun, but I am definitely "rusty". Good exercise though ;)

Blessings!

PrairieChick
12-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Good Morn'n Everyone! :wave:

Bronchitis took a turn for the worse in the last couple of days, with last night being a "nightmare" of coughing. I am on my SECOND round of antibiotics, ya'd think I would be improving instead of going backwards. If I don't feel any better my tomorrow, I'm calling my doctor to see what she says.

Had to pull out the nebulizer out this morning and drank some "Breath Deep" tea during the night last night - pretty tired this morning - but the breathing treatment has me wired now. :yikes:

I missed Chapel this morning :cry:, couldn't be there for the Sunday before Christmas to lead the drivers in Christmas song - I am so disappointed...I'm sure they are too...but my husband said he would come up with something special for them to do instead.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day! :sunny: :grouphug: :sunny:

EZMONEY
12-20-2009, 01:29 PM
HI GALS ~ :tree:

Home from church and "stalling" chores....;) Angie and I are having the house tented for termites on Monday, we need to start bagging stuff....boring....:D It really shouldn't take too long. We will stay at our son's house for a few days, he and my dil will leave for Florida in the morning for the week to see her folks.

Well my pants are a bit tighter with Angie's party on Friday night and my step-d's birthday party/dinner last night....why does the food I like the most have all those :badbat: nasty calories?...oh....woe is me....:crazy:

Still haven't had the whole family together since nephew and step-d got home for the Christmas break...nephew has been out runnin' wild :woohoo: with his break from the NAVY...step-d spending most of her time with friends...all of this is no surprise or shock :yikes: to us ;)

We may even be having our "personal" family Christmas maybe on New Years :newyear: Day....with my son/dil and daughter/:pkidnapper:p going out of town to the :dracula: dark side :spid: for Christmas....

Well...not really the dark side...just the dil/:psil:p side of the family....;) friends of ours by the way.....

We will still have our Christmas Eve here with about 20 family/friends...the only ones missing will be my son and daughter in law.

KIM ~ :getwell: that has to be rough! :hug:

SCOOTER ~ Enjoy the up-coming break from all the busy holiday stuff you have been up too. Good news that wii is still working :carrot:

ROSEBUD ~ Angie and I have seen about 8 movies on Lifetime this past week on Christmas....I enjoy them. Enjoy the rest and eating healthy :hug:

RONNI ~ :carrot: great news on your son and college. My step-d is looking at a few right now for her master's...between Wash/Ore/Ariz/Col state schools right now. My daughter went to a small christian college here for her last 3 years....great experience. Yep....it kicks ya where it hurts when they first leave....it gets better ;)

CATHY ~ Thank you for the youtube...I had seen it before but it is great! :)

HEIDI ~ Prayers for your dad. Angie dreads the last day of school before Christmas...kids on :clause: Santa-crack ;)

Gotta jam for a bit....

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

CountingDown
12-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi all - happy Sunday!
Hope you are enjoying the last Sunday of Advent!
I'm finishing up Christmas preparations and wrapping. It feels good to be done with the "chores".

Hope you have a blessed Christmas week!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-20-2009, 09:09 PM
:tree:KIM ~ I recall having severe bouts of a bronchial flu myself, so I really know how it feels. I love Vicks vapor rub for breathing; losenges like HALLS for coughing; NEO CITRON for congestion and sleeping; wrap up warm; and get lots of rest -- plus prayers continue as well! :hug:

:ginger:GARY -- we have a growing collection of Christmas movies that we watch; and each year, I try to get DH another one that he hasn't seen yet as he loves watching movies. I was very fortunate to find a few on sale this year (he will get these under the tree). We both were having trouble thinking of gifts this year, but that is one I know he likes for sure ...

:wreath: LAURIE ~ glad to hear that you are catching up; esp using your Wii again, but I bet you were so busy that you got lots of exercise in anyways. We have a few gifts to wrap yet for friends & family here. This week we wil pick up a couple of small gifts for each other: that's our mission a few days before Christmas. I always do the stockings on Christmas Eve which seems to be our favorite thing of all.

:brr: DH went to his Christmas shin-dig at his old church today; they have a huge party and turkey lunch each year and he likes to go to see his old friends. I did my own thing here basking in the :sunny: while doing my devotions and prayers in my rocker ... so very quiet and peaceful. This week we will go out to look at the Christmas lights; on Christmas Eve we go to services and look at more lights before coming home. Friends are coming on Christmas day so that will be nice.

:candy:We had a nice roast beef dinner tonight; leftovers will be made into a Shepherd's or cottage pie for tomorrow's dinner. Will be busy getting everything ready over the next few days including laundry and spiffing up the place just a tiny bit.

:wave: HI TO ALL OUR CE'S OUT THERE! Hope you are all well and having a peaceful and restful Sunday ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

P31Mom
12-20-2009, 11:46 PM
I feel somewhat guilty for doing such a fly-by post when I don't really know any of you. I wish these forums were set up differently to make it easier to navigate so I could get to know you all more easily.

I wanted to post a quick prayer request on here and if any of you feel led to pray for a stranger, I sure would appreciate it.

I have 7 kids and I homeschool. My life seems to revolve around food! I'm constantly planning the next meal or preparing a meal.

My biggest problem is that I'm a terrible dieter. I'm a terrible dieter because I lack self-control.

I strongly believe that this is a spiritual problem for me, as a born-again Christian. So I'm asking whoever reads this and feels led to pray to please whisper a prayer for Michelle the homeschooling Mom of 7 in GA.

I need to get spiritually right. I've rarely ever lost much weight due to my lack of self control.

Thanks!

Michelle

EZMONEY
12-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Sending prayers for MICHELLE...

Busy morning...packing up to go to my son's house for a few days while we get tented for termites.....

I should be able to come back here while I am over there.

Be good...

cathydoe
12-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Happy Termite Tenting Gary! I hope you will be able 2 log on while you are homeless!

Sending prayers for Michelle! Peace be with you!

Well folks, I am at my sisters for the Holidays. I think this non eating is going to be more difficult that I thought it would be. I think I may have had my head in the sand (aka denial) not making better plans before I came to visit. Please keep me in your prayers, it is greatly appreciated!

PrairieChick
12-21-2009, 11:14 AM
KIM ~ :getwell: that has to be rough! :hug:

:tree:KIM ~ I recall having severe bouts of a bronchial flu myself, so I really know how it feels. I love Vicks vapor rub for breathing; losenges like HALLS for coughing; NEO CITRON for congestion and sleeping; wrap up warm; and get lots of rest -- plus prayers continue as well! :hug:

:woohoo: :thanks: for the Get Wells and the GREAT advice - the NeoCitran looks like a GREAT idea! Will look that up when I head to town today on errands! :grouphug:

I have 7 kids and I homeschool. My life seems to revolve around food! I'm constantly planning the next meal or preparing a meal.
Michelle

Hi Michelle! :wave:
May I recommend a book for you? You can look it up and see what you think. The book is The DIET Alternative, Revised Version with Study Guide, by Diane Hampton. ISBN 0-88368-721-6, Publisher is Whitaker House.

I am reading this book and find it VERY helpful! :hug:
I'll be praying for you too! I was raised in a LARGE Navy Family, my poor Mom, she did not homeschool us, but she was very busy never the less!

I have homeschooled two at once, I know what you are going through, but you just have more juggl'n to do!

My ♥ goes out to ya! Let me know if you have any other needs or questions, I'm here, along with all the other terrific folks on this thread, for ya! ;)

CountingDown
12-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi all, hope you had a good day. Prayers going up for Michelle and everyone as they face holiday temptations!

It IS hard to stay OP this time of year.

Michelle, many of us have found that "dieting" doesn't work. I found that I had to change my lifestyle in such a way that eating small portions of healthy foods just became my "normal". It takes time, trial and error, and patience, but it does work :yes:

All is well here in northern MI. And, we actually have less snow that a lot of folk in the East right now. Prayers continuing for all having to travel this week!

Blessings to all!

Laurie

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-21-2009, 08:20 PM
:welcome: MICHELLE ~ gee, I bet those 7 kids help you to keep active and busy. You can still make healthy meals and snacks -- why not make that your new mission?. Planning is actually a good thing. You can google healthy recipes for the whole family. We still eat our favorite dishes only I just made them healthier by cutting the sugar and fat down a bit. Prayers for you and your family ...

LAURIE ~ I was typing while you posted; great advice to Michelle -- I whole-heartedly agree!

CATHY ~ we all need prayers at this time of year; I just pretend I don't see all the junkies and zoom on by ... ;)

:tree: We had another :sunny: day -- which is wonderful to match the frostier temps. Wrapped gifts for family and DH delivered them this afternoon. This AM we also gleamed up the place for the week. Maybe do our shopping Tuesday or Wednesday, I guess ... not sure yet.

:candy: Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas week ... ROSEBUD :hug:

EZMONEY
12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
hey gals...Angie just called dinner...be back soon....prayers!

MelO
12-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Hi, My name is Melissa. I read the front page of this thread. It is 3:31 am here in AZ so I skipped to the last page after that. :) This sounds like a great place to be though! I am a 37 yo mom of 4 girls. They are 1, 6, 16, and 18. We are originally from Southern CA. We have lived here for about 3 years. I am really excited to have some fellow believers to chit-chat with. I have had success losing weight in the past but got pregnant both times. Now all of that pregnancy stuff is over (at least that's what the dr's assured me!) and I am ready to lose this one last time. I am excited to be a part of your group. Thank you for allowing anyone/everyone in!

EZMONEY
12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Welcome MELISSA

ECmom2
12-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Well, it has been forever since I have been here! My work schedule changed dramatically, so my online time has been severely curtailed. I miss being here daily and interacting with each of you.

Melissa- welcome to this wonderful group. I was a regular poster for a while and found this to be a very encouraging, supportive place to be. Gee, your daughters are spaced out in age...but my family also has age gaps like that too! How are you planning to lose weight- any particular program or just making good lifestyle changes?

I got up with my Dh this am (he has to work, I am off for 2 weeks) then did some cleaning....and just got a nice 2 mile walk in with my best friend. Its cold here- in the low 20's and pretty windy, but it felt so good to be out in the winter sun. got a day of final shopping- just stocking stuffers and the like- and then some relaxing. I have a bit of a cold, so kind of need to take it slow.
Have a great day!
Ginny

EZMONEY
12-22-2009, 09:38 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRAIRIECHICK...KIM :bday2you:

So young too ;)

Just about 10 months ago I turned your age...

have a great day!

EZMONEY
12-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome back GINNY!

ronni62
12-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Melissa-:welcome2: glad to have you here!

Kim-:bday2: Hope it's a wonderful day for you!

Ginny-welcome back!

Michelle-welcome and prayers for you! Others have given you really good advice and I'd only add that you're not alone. I also homeschool and feel like I'm surrounded by food allllllll the time, since almost everything we eat is made from scratch to save money. I read a couple books by Dr. David Katz, "The Way to Eat" and "The Flavor Point Diet," that really helped me figure out how to modify how I cook to cut calories, fat, and processed sugars, and also how to eat to avoid cravings. If you have time (and I know time is a premium commodity when you homeschool), they are really worth the investment. :hug:

Hugs and prayers for everyone else, too! We got more snow last night and I guess more is on the way for Christmas. I'm ready to go south! But, I guess that'll have to wait for awhile....oh, well. Hope you all have a really good week and have a wonderful and Happy Christmas :tree: (just in case I don't get back here before then)!!

cathydoe
12-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Welcome all new people...even though I am really new too.

My dh bought me a 15 minute hour glass timer for Christmas (it was on my list) I am looking forward to incorporating quiet time (prayer time) into my daily routine.

cajungirl64
12-22-2009, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=PrairieChick;3055013]:
hi praire chick, :bday2you:
I'm carolis60's rocking chair buddy here in louisiana. I'm a born again Christian. :D I'm new to this forum stuff but I'm willing to give it a try. I'm doing the 30 day (Fit for my king) eating program.
Linda

cajungirl64

Carolis60
12-22-2009, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=PrairieChick;3055013]:

Hi PrairieChick, Just subscribed with cajungirl64. I walked her through the steps, the little that I know. Your letter sure helped me. I like this thread too! Think I'll have any time to paint after I get done with all my posting? :rofl:
I do have a question....when I want to send a quick reply, there's no place I can find to add the Smilies, so I usually reply to someone elses post.
Is there some place I can get the Smilies for that?

Hope you're about well for your Birthday!! :hb:

Will check back later this evening, going to lunch with my Kaiser friend.
hugs,
carol

ECmom2
12-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome back :)

Kim- happy birthday!!

Carol and Linda- welcome to you too! Glad you have each other to walk your way thru using this site. I admit, I was really confused in the beginning. Sometimes I am still confused!!
Off to a WW meeting. Not expecting much out of this WI as I am not feeling 100% and my usual WI is in the morning. Need the meeting though to keep myself motivated.
See ya later
Ginny

Ronni- more snow? Well, it is December......at least it will be a white Christmas for you.

ECmom2
12-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Note to Carol- I just used the traditional email smiley in my above post and actually got a smiley! Thought I would pass that one on to you. :)

Carolis60
12-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Note to Carol- I just used the traditional email smiley in my above post and actually got a smiley! Thought I would pass that one on to you. :)

Hi Ginny, Do you think if we knew the "codes" to type where we wanted the Smilie, that the pictures would come up? Hmmm,,,,I wonder.

Thanks for the idea. I do the happy face all the time. :)

Carol

CountingDown
12-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Melissa :welcome: Glad you found us! This IS a great place to hang out on your weight loss journey!

Ginny - glad to have you back, girl! We missed you!

Cathy, the hour glass is a great idea!

Linda :welcome2: Glad you are here! Post often :)

Praire Chick http://fc05.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/170/b/4/Happy_Birthday_Emote.gif

Carol (and others wanting smileys - you can type the code - for instance typing : and ) will give you :)

You can also click the "go advanced" button below the quick reply window. ON the advanced page is a whole list of smileys - you just click them to insert them. They do show the shortcut code, so you can learn your favorites.

Hi to everyone - hope you are having a wonderful Christmas week! It was a beautiful sunny day here in MI. I love the snow this time of year!
Christmas blessings to all!

Carolis60
12-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Laurie, I'm going to try the Go Advanced and see if it will work. Here goes...
Oh my goodness, it worked!! :cp:
Thank you for helping me out. :hug: I'll have to tell my friend who joined the group today.

Well, I went out to lunch with a friend and ate a bowl of chicken tortilla soup. I had 2 chips. It was very tasty, but I thought it tasted salty. (I might have a gain tomorrow) I've had no salt for about a month now. I'm trying to see if it would help get my BP numbers lower. Usually have BP taken 3 times during my visits, first when I get there, during, and when I leave. And when I went to the Drs. last week it read 125/77....right off the bat. :carrot: Now that isn't to bad!!

For years I would get migraines, many times a week and all the nurses would tell me at my usual appointments....."BP is a little high today". But no Dr ever thought or mentioned meds to lower the BP. Use to be in the upper 180's and even 190"s. I could feel my pulse at the top of my head sometimes. When we started with Kaiser, the Dr. said that my BP numbers were to high and he wanted to put me on meds. After I started taking them, BP dropped to 160's/80 and I haven't had a head ache since. That was over 10 years ago. But I thought I should just give up salt and see if I could maybe make the numbers go down a bit more.....maybe I can get off some meds.

High BP runs in the family, brother had a stroke at 62, mom had a stroke at 74. Went to the hospital and they wouldn't let her leave. She needed a triple by pass. She did have a successful operation, but had another stroke a couple days after surgery. Went into a comma and passed away a couple weeks later. Seeing my brother and mom, I got to thinking, I'd better do what I can to get the BP down and eat healthy.

I want a long and healthy life. Too much to do and see ahead of me.:scooter:

Other than the soup, I've had a good day. Drinking my water like crazy to wash the salt away!:dizzy:

Sorry, didn't mean to write a book!! :o

Have to go fix dinner, everyone have a great evening!! I think I'm the only one in the Pacific time zone. All you others are probably in your jamies by now.

Thanks again Laurie for your help!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-22-2009, 09:27 PM
:welcome3: to all the newbies and returnees ~ MELISSA, CAROL, CAJUN (Linda), and GINNY ... nice to have more people join our thread! :D

:hb: KIM !!! -- hope you felt a little better on your birthday today.

:wreath: We still have cold temps but the sun came out to give us some warmth, so we decided to go out and get the last of our Christmas shopping done today. I think (hope) we are finished now ... ;)

:ginger: So we got a lot of walking in today; am taking a break right now to rest my sore feeties. Time to go make a nice hot cup of tea too, then maybe wrap DH's gifts, and do some reading, that is, if I don't fall asleep.:D

:tree: HI TO ALL OUR OTHER EC's OUT THERE -- only a few days left until that special day! Take good care and GOD BLESS ... ROSEBUD :hug:

wilma12
12-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone! It's been pretty busy around here. I've hardly had time to check in. Nice to see some new names here!!

Things are going well. I am ready for Christmas. It's been nice having my DH home as he's been doing a lot for me while I'm at work. He goes back to work in the new year and is looking forward to it. He says that he'll definitely need something to do when he retires.

I haven't been exercising too much but definitely will get back on track shortly.

We have family coming for Christmas and I'm excited to be with everyone. Our kids in Ottawa will not be coming home but are happy they'll be with DIL's family. We'll miss them very much.

I don't know if I'll be back on here before Christmas but want to wish every one of you and your loved ones a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and all the best in the new year.

cajungirl64
12-23-2009, 10:39 AM
carol, nice to chat with you. kim hope your having a good day and feeling better.:hug:
Linda

cajungirl64
12-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi, My name is Melissa. I read the front page of this thread. It is 3:31 am here in AZ so I skipped to the last page after that. :) This sounds like a great place to be though! I am a 37 yo mom of 4 girls. They are 1, 6, 16, and 18. We are originally from Southern CA. We have lived here for about 3 years. I am really excited to have some fellow believers to chit-chat with. I have had success losing weight in the past but got pregnant both times. Now all of that pregnancy stuff is over (at least that's what the dr's assured me!) and I am ready to lose this one last time. I am excited to be a part of your group. Thank you for allowing anyone/everyone in!

Welcome, I'm new too. I think this will be a great place to be.
Have a great day.:carrot:
Linda

cathydoe
12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Hello everyone! Merry Day Before Christmas Eve to everyone!

MelO
12-23-2009, 04:10 PM
I was adding a tool to track my weight-loss on my signature and when I came back to this page, I realized that Cathy Doe had chosen the exact thing I did. How funny.

Thank you for all of the "welcomes." All of the different people on here are a little over whelming.

EC asked what I was/am doing to lose weight. I'm doing the old-tried and true: exercising and counting calories. It makes me a freak, but I LOVE the gym. At 1 am there are only 3 other people there and I get to try new equipment without feeling like a spaz. A few years ago I started doing the Power 90 workouts. I was a member of their message boards and the accountability helped me to lose 70#s. That is what I am looking for. A few friends of mine and I had a 3 month weight-loss competition. It ended on Monday but none of really did anything. We have extended it to May 1st. I want to win it this time.

Happy birthday, PrairieChick! Have you posted on other sites or chatted before? Your name looks familiar. My usual user name is n2ekae. I just realized that our stats are pretty similar too. I hope that you are feeling better.

EC, I am so impressed with your dedication to go for a walk when it is 20 degrees!

Michelle, I homeschool too. I definitely will be praying for you. It is easy to beat yourself up every time you slip or make a wrong choice. God is dealing with these issues with me right now. Although self-discipline is a godly character to have, eating a cookie doesn’t mean that you don’t have any. When I started my fitness journey this time, I would get so mad at myself. I would change my diet plan every 3 days or so because the stupid scale wouldn’t budge. Then the Lord spoke to me that I hadn’t given it to Him. So I started asking for His help. I submitted to do what I need to do and leave the rest to Him. Do you have produce readily available for a quick fix? Also, if you’re going to eat the crackers or the granola bars because they’re quick, portion out how much and write down the calories. This helps me. Who knew the reduced fat Triscuits had 16.5 calories per cracker?!?!

EZ, I’m very sorry to read about your sister needing chemo. What is her name and I will be praying for her? What college did your daughter go to there? My 18 yo wants to move back to CA and go to CA Baptist in Riverside for her masters. I could cry right now just thinking about her not living with me.

Do any of the Canadians on here ever watch a show called “X-Weighted”?

I am really glad that there are so many other newbies here with me! And I have to say how TOTALLY impressive all of your weight-losses are! It really is inspiring!

I think this is more than long enough. Merry Christmas! This new year is going to be good!

cajungirl64
12-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi Laurie, Thanks for the warm welcome. :
Blessings
Linda

cathydoe
12-23-2009, 05:21 PM
I was adding a tool to track my weight-loss on my signature and when I came back to this page, I realized that Cathy Doe had chosen the exact thing I did. How funny.

Great minds think alike! :D

cajungirl64
12-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi ladies,:thanks:for the warm welcome.Glad to be here. :D
Blessings and Merry Christmas:wreath:
Linda

PrairieChick
12-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi, My name is Melissa.

:wel3fc::balloons: Melissa!:balloons:
Great to have ya JOIN our Group! :grouphug:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRAIRIECHICK...KIM :bday2you:

So young too ;)

Just about 10 months ago I turned your age...

have a great day!

Awwww...EZ...you are such a Flirt! I'm always the baby!!!! :o;)

Kim-:bday2: Hope it's a wonderful day for you!

[quote=PrairieChick;3055013]:
hi praire chick, :bday2you:

:wel3fc::balloons: Linda!:balloons:
Great to have ya JOIN our Group! :grouphug:

I don't know, we might have run into each other! :dizzy:

Any friend of Carols - is a friend of MINE too! Well, everyone on 3FC's is a friend of mine too.....I guess I could go on and on with that! ;)

[quote=PrairieChick;3055013]:
Hope you're about well for your Birthday!! :hb:

Yes, I got to feel'n much better yesterday, and today too! I'm on the BACK END of this :dizzy: bronchitis! Thanks for the Birthday wishes :hugs:

Kim- happy birthday!!

:thanks: SO much! :hug:

Praire Chick http://fc05.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/170/b/4/Happy_Birthday_Emote.gif

Thanks Laurie!!! How CUTE!!! :hug:

:hb: KIM !!! -- hope you felt a little better on your birthday today.

WOW - that is a LOT of candles! :lol3: :rofl: :thanks:

kim hope your having a good day and feeling better.:hug:
Linda

Thanks Linda! Yep, I'm having a MUCH better day today! :thanks:

Happy birthday, PrairieChick! Have you posted on other sites or chatted before? Your name looks familiar. My usual user name is n2ekae. I just realized that our stats are pretty similar too. I hope that you are feeling better.

Awwwwwwwwww...thank you Linda!
We could be TWINS???? :hug:

Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful birthday wishes and the prayers for me to feel better! It's work'n!
Now......let's do a group hug!

CountingDown
12-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi all, a fly-in tonight! I worked late, and I still have some prep for tomorrow left to do.

I still don't have any of the materials for the services for tomorrow night :yikes: Looks like most of tomorrow will be spent working on PowerPoint presentations.

Hope you all have a blessed Christmas Eve!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-23-2009, 11:00 PM
:tree: We had lovely :sunny: again today; such a blessing with these cold temps. Didn't feel too good this AM; had some side effects to taking water pills. Have to cut the dose in half and spread them out in the future. Felt better for the afternoon and this evening, we went on our Christmas light tour -- it was a lot of fun.

:wreath: Hope you and yours are having a great Christmas week; Christmas Eve is tomorrow -- wow, this year has passed by quickly. We still have a few gifts to wrap yet; pumpkin pie & custard to make tomorrow. Keeping it simple though.

:ginger: We are praying I feel well over the next few days; and have been sending up prayers for you all AND, for my cousin (Cindy) who has a bad flu again this year -- that the LORD will help her to feel better by Christmas Day.

:candy: Take good care folks ... Rosebud :hug:

PrairieChick
12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
:wreath::candy::wreath: Merry Christmas Eve! :wreath::candy::wreath:

Still in my jammies, don't have to do much but wrap a few gifts for tomorrow~just relaxing and tak'n in the JOY of CHRISTMAS!

Carolis60
12-24-2009, 02:37 PM
:wreath::candy::wreath: Merry Christmas Eve! :wreath::candy::wreath:

Still in my jammies, don't have to do much but wrap a few gifts for tomorrow~just relaxing and tak'n in the JOY of CHRISTMAS!

Good Morning PrairieChick, So glad you're getting over this cold and feeling better the past couple days!!

I'm cooking my second Lasagna....for tonight's dinner with family. I made two yesterday! I was like a wild woman in the kitchen. :dizzy: Didn't have time to bake them yesterday because of another dinner we were going to. I made one Lasagna with TVP for our oldest grand daughter. She's not crazy about meat. She's an :angel: I couldn't let her to go hungry on Christmas Eve!

Put the plaid table cloth on the table and that alone makes the room look festive. Pulled out a bunch of Santa candle holders and what ever I could find up in the cupboards, to sit around that was holiday-ish.

I'm about where I can slow down. :chin: if there is anything I've missed? Think I'll sit and have of :coffee: and relax for 10 minutes.

Once everybody gets here I'll be :running: for the rest of the evening. :D

Have a wonderful Christmas.
:tree: :hohoho: :ginger:

:hug:
Carol

StargateAddict
12-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Hello! I'm Katie, Just thought I'd drop by and say hello!
This is so neat that we have a Christian group here! I've never been on a forum where faith has it's own boards! :D

Anyway, just wanted to stop by.

Blessings!

cajungirl64
12-24-2009, 03:23 PM
:welcome3: Katie,
I'm new also, my friend Carol told me about this forum and although I've never done any forums before and was a little apprehensive I now think this will be a good place to find new friends and great support. Merry Christmas,
Blessings
Linda

cajungirl64
12-24-2009, 03:52 PM
:rain: Hey Carol (aka) girlfriend, And all my new CE friends...
Sounds like your ready for your big Lasagna night with family? :hun:
I lost another pound!! :cheer2: I made pumpkin custard and yeast rolls for tomorrow. I think I'm ready for Christmas Day.:present:
Blessings
Let's all remember the "Reason for the Season" :hb: JESUS
Linda

ronni62
12-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Just popping in here to say :wreath:Merry Christmas to Everyone!!:wreath: Hoping you all have a wonderful holiday and that any extra calories :candy::chockiss::cookie: will be worked off as easily as they are taken in:lol: God bless you all!

Carolis60
12-24-2009, 04:24 PM
:rain: Hey Carol (aka) girlfriend, And all my new CE friends...
Sounds like your ready for your big Lasagna night with family? :hun:
I lost another pound!! :cheer2: I made pumpkin custard and yeast rolls for tomorrow. I think I'm ready for Christmas Day.:present:
Blessings
Let's all remember the "Reason for the Season" :hb: JESUS

Linda

Hey you, girlfriend,
I'm ready!! Thanks for the post! Kids can arrive any time. :cheer2:

Just had a nice salad for lunch and tasted the Lasagna. Delicious! Will eat around 4:30. Kinda early, but that leaves time for kids to get home early and wrap last minute presents.

:woohoo: Congratulations on the loss! :woohoo: You had a :goodscale: today!

We did something different this year. ;) We put labels on the presents, but no names. That way the girls can't come :running: full speed ahead over to the tree and look for their names on the packages. :rofl:

Down size is..... we have to keep going over the presents and telling ourselves what's in each package cause we can't remember who got what.:dizzy: :rofl: To funny!

Ahhh....recipe for the pumpkin custard? ::?::?: Do I have that one, or do you use full fat? Trying to use less fat if I can. Yeast rolls sound good too! Yum

I think most of us are all ready for the big day!!

Yes, Let's remember "The Reason for the Season"!!

Carol

EZMONEY
12-24-2009, 07:03 PM
:ginger:MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!:tree:

We are heading out soon to early service at church...Angie plays bells...then at least 20 family and friends will come over to my house afterwards...

I will check in tomorrow to see what you all got....;)

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-24-2009, 08:08 PM
:balloons:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~ JESUS!:balloons:

Just poppin' by to wish you all a ...
:tree:MERRYCHRISTMAS! :tree:

We had a very busy day; but I think we are ready. I made a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin custard; just used the same recipe as for the pie, but subbed sweetener (11 packets) for the brown sugar in the recipe. I just spray the pie dish; sprinkle with wheat flour and pour the filling in. Baked it with the other pie. Have my veggies and dressing base ready in containers in the fridge; just have to do potatoes tomorrow. Gifts are all wrapped; but will do the stockings just before bed. We have 2 extra guests coming tomorrow so that should be nice. My poor feet are sore but I felt much better today; just glad that we have everything ready ...

:wreath: May GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY with His PEACE & JOY as we celebrate the coming of our LORD & SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST ... :wreath:

ECmom2
12-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Wishing each of you a blessed Christmas!
Ginny

I make a Weight watchers pumpkin mousse- very yummy. 1 small can of pumpkin, mixed with one small box of sugar free vanilla pudding mix, made as described on the box. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Yum!!!!!

Karen31
12-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone. My son will be flying in tomorrow night (if the weather lets him) He and his wife are having troubles and she is back in Colorado with the kids-- left him in Florida with no place to stay and no job. He had 2 full time jobs but when business didn't pick up like they thought, he was the first one let go. I was so afraid this move to Florida wasn't a good thing but had to let them learn on their own. So hard on Mom though!! I hope he gets this Florida deal out of his system and decides to settle down and get on his feet right here. I couldn't leave him alone in Florida over Christmas but I can't keep picking up his pieces either. We never stop worrying.

Enjoy your Holiday with your family.

StargateAddict
12-25-2009, 12:11 AM
@Cajungirl64 Thanks! you'll have fun on forums. I used to be on forums for one of the actors I like before he had major problems with it and had to shut it down pretty much. It's fun to meet online buddies!

I didn't know it but one of my good friends signed up for the forums, too! Just found out today! Hopefully she'll find me on here. LOL

Guess I should help mum wrap my cousins' gifts. LOL TTYL!

Carolis60
12-25-2009, 03:49 AM
Wishing each of you a blessed Christmas!
Ginny

I make a Weight watchers pumpkin mousse- very yummy. 1 small can of pumpkin, mixed with one small box of sugar free vanilla pudding mix, made as described on the box. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Yum!!!!!

Thank you Ginny,
This sounds delish! Make pudding as directed and add the can of pumpkin? Just making sure I have directions correct.

Oh my, I guess I'd better hit the sack, gettin' kinda late.

Carol

PrairieChick
12-25-2009, 09:17 AM
:candy: Merry Christmas! :candy:

:hb: Happy Birthday Jesus! :hb:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs168.snc3/19536_1234709545094_1149849755_30660929_6292299_n. jpg

May you ALL have a Wonderful day with your Families!

wilma12
12-25-2009, 10:38 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

It's a stormy day here in Winnipeg. I'm so happy that family that was coming for the holidays have made it safely. We had a lovely dinner last night. I actually controlled myself quite well. We opened gifts last night also. I got a lovely gold chain from DH. Today we celebrate Jesus' birth and have our turkey dinner. Can't wait.

I just wanted to wish all of you the best of the season and more of the same for 2010.

bargoo
12-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Merry Christmas to all and wishing you a Blessed New Year !

StargateAddict
12-25-2009, 08:53 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

@PrairieChick BEAUTIFUL NATIVITY PICTURE!!!

PrairieChick
12-26-2009, 05:12 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

@PrairieChick BEAUTIFUL NATIVITY PICTURE!!!

Thank you SO much! :hug:
and
:welcome: to the Thread too! :dancer:

Violet73
12-26-2009, 05:18 PM
As I make out my meal plans for my upcoming diet "lifestyle change" I really wanna ask for your support :) I am taking this very seriously and have no plans to fail! I'm SO excited about starting this journey and making a much needed change in my life. God is my strength and he knows my heart but a little encouragement from you guys would help too! :D We are all in this together! It's so great to have that! Thanks again guys for being so welcoming to me here!

PrairieChick
12-26-2009, 05:35 PM
As I make out my meal plans for my upcoming diet "lifestyle change" I really wanna ask for your support :) I am taking this very seriously and have no plans to fail! I'm SO excited about starting this journey and making a much needed change in my life. God is my strength and he knows my heart but a little encouragement from you guys would help too! :D We are all in this together! It's so great to have that! Thanks again guys for being so welcoming to me here!

I'll be pray'n for ya LeslieLou! :hug:

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (KJV)

ronni62
12-26-2009, 05:42 PM
:welcome3::welcome: to all our newbies! We've got a very busy place here lately (even busier than usual), which is wonderful for getting and giving helpful support!

We've had a nice, quiet Christmas, since no one could go anywhere due to all the snow, ice, sleet, and freezing rain-I think we got all the varieties of frozen precip possible over our Christmas Eve and Christmas:snowglo:! But, it was really nice to have some quiet time together. Unfortunately, it's also meant that all those cookies I had made in case DS1 and his family came down were just sitting there on the counter screaming to be eaten and eaten we have:T! Oh, well, I know it'll come back off in just a couple days, so I'm not worried, which is a huge improvement from last year, when I'd have been in a depression thinking how much of a failure I was. Lots of thanks to everyone here for all the support through this horrible year and helping me learn that a setback is just temporary:D.

Well, dinner is just about ready, so I need to go set up the table. Having easy hobo dinner tonight-yummy!! Have a great evening, everyone! You're all in my prayers:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-26-2009, 07:16 PM
:wreath: HI TO RONNIE, and to all our NEWBIES too ~ we had a busy Christmas Day with our guests. We had a real pleasant surprise; one of our guests is a self-taught musician and as soon as he walked in our livingroom said, "Oh, you have an organ!" He promptly sat down and serenaded us all through the evening with Christmas songs!!! What an awesome blessing -- to hear someone who could play so well, show me how my organ can sound with an accomplished player on hand ... this was a special gift to all of us: GOD IS GOOD! I have to say that was our favorite gift of all!

:candy: Today, we just rested as I was exhausted and my poor feeties sure needed a rest. And like RONNI, we enjoyed a few treats of chocolate and nuts, etc but a few days on plan will fix that up, I'm sure. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time and DH keeps saying this was the best Christmas that he can remember ... ;)

:ginger: Hope you all have a blessed Christmas week and a restful Sunday tomorrow too! ROSEBUD :hug:

Violet73
12-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks so much Kim! :) ...I believe this is where I first met you Kim :) I think you mentioned the Wendy Chant program here and I was already reading about it.....so it clicked with me! Cant wait to get started! Hope its going well for you! :)

Ronni and Rosebud...it sounds like you two had great Christmases. :)

Mine was great too! We ALMOST had a white Christmas but only a few flurries that didn't hang around. A white Christmas here is a big deal. There hasn't been one here that I ever remember...( I am 36) :( .....oh well....it was great anyway! My daughter is 12 and just to see her face light up always warms my heart!

Hear is looking at the new year and all the excitement and new adventures it may bring, and hopefully tons of weight loss! :D

Thanks guys!

CountingDown
12-26-2009, 08:51 PM
:woohoo: I LOVE NEWBIES!
:welcome:

What a wonderful and uplifting place this is!

We are doing well in Northern MI - a busy day with family yesterday. Because we weren't able to travel this year, we spent about 7 hours on the phone/web cam yesterday. What a blessing technology is when you want to spend time with family that is so far away!

Christmastide blessings to all! I continue to keep each of you in my prayers.

Blessings!

Laurie

EZMONEY
12-26-2009, 10:58 PM

Taking a few minutes to try and catch up.... WHEW! a lot going on around here the last few days as I am sure it has been around your homes....what a wonderful time of year! :celebrate: Happy Birthday Jesus :angel:

I am home alone with the mutts as Angie has gone up to see her mom and sisters/family...I stayed back to babysit the spoiled brats ;) And the fact that knucklehead nephew's 18 yr. old girlfriend flew out from Minnesota to visit him while he is here on leave from the NAVY. She got in yesterday...sweet girl.

Christmas Eve was nice but eventful...We went to early service as Angie had bells, my step-d is here from NY for her college break so she played too. We came home and 22 friends and family came to have dessert, and sandwiches for those that hadn't eaten....we had drawn names at Thanksgiving, our family tradition between adults and older children. We exchange $25 gifts.

A very nice evening until we noticed Aunt Val was hunched over and looking very pale....she is 85...long story short....firetrucks and paramedics came...took her to the hospital...we thought she had a stroke...doctors said no...she was not responding to anything we tried to do for the 10 minutes before the EMT's came....still not sure about the whole deal but she is in her assisted living home now and resting.

My son and daughter in law are in Florida, with her family, having a great time with their little nephew and niece. Oh by the way, for those that voted and didn't catch my General Chatter post last week...she didn't win Charger Girl of The Year :( A nice honor for her though to be one of the 3 nominated out of 28 girls. My daughter and son in law are up northern California visiting his grandparents, they were at my house Christmas Eve. I will post a couple of pics from Nicole's last Charger game where the winner was announced...she is the white brunette.

We will celebrate Christmas with my kids/spouses and step-d and nephew on New Years Eve day, first time that we can all get together. Then we will do it again 9 days later to celebrate Angie's 50th birthday. My son and dil are able to come since the Chargers will have a play-off bye that week-end :carrot:

Since my kids were gone, step-d was with her dad and nephew went to his mom's house Angie and I were all alone Christmas Day....so sad :(....;) We celebrated by going to see Sherlock Holmes then went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for a late lunch which soon became dinner with the leftovers we brought home. Juan, a friend of my son's, came by and dropped off a bunch of tamales on Christmas Eve day....Angie just had a tamale for dinner and I added one to my enchilada and rice and beans leftover from lunch...we continued our personal family tradition of Mexican food for Christmas Day...but this time a real Mexican cooked it! :)

It is taking me a lot of time to post here.... my son and I are texting each other during the USC game....I am so slow with this one finger stuff! :D Plus I am doing more game watching than typing here...

so...I will leave you for now but I promise to get in here tomorrow after church....:hug:

and a big shout-out to the NEW KIDS HERE!! :carrot:

PinkFlamingo
12-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone! I am breathing a big sigh that Christmas is over! I had an okay day I guess. It was a bit depressing to not have any family to celebrate with. I spent the evening at my pastor and her husband's house with two other people from the church (one of whom is also a minister and teaches at my school in theology) and a friend of my minister's. I was shy, and felt a bit out of place because I am a lot younger, but they were really nice. It was kind of funny to be drunk under the table by a bunch of clergy. Hahaha. Didn't consume too many calories either, since my pastor and her husband don't have dairy or sugar. We had lamb, which I am not a big fan of, but I ate some so I wouldn't be rude! I am feeling weird and empty today. I feel sad because they are celebrating with their family tomorrow and I don't have any family here right now to celebrate with. Also feeling clingy, because I am close with my pastor and it was so nice to spend Christmas with her, and I know she is retiring in the spring, so I don't know what I am going to do without that support in my life. Geez, this is getting depressing...

Anyway, I did well yesterday, but had chinese food (a ton of it) the two days leading up to Christmas, and today I had mexican, so I am pretty sure by the time I do weigh, I will be up.

MelO
12-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Hey there ya'll!

I'm glad to hear that everyone had a safe Christmas.

This was the first year since moving to AZ that we haven't been back to CA for Christmas. All of our families are there. We had a rough time this year so we thought we would take it easy and stay home. We missed our family. We had a nice day of ham sandwiches and old Christmas movie watching. I have to say that I am REALLY glad to have been free from all of the food temptations at relative's houses. I have managed to stick to 1800 calories for 6 days now. I have lost 2#s. Woot!

So, I had been reading these threads and have come across the term "c25k" a few times. I googled it and I am so excited about trying it! Being able to run at least 3 miles is one of my goals. Has anyone else done this?

For the girl who asked for support, I too will be praying for you. If you need anything that I can help with other than prayer, please let me know. No one here (family/friends) is as gung-ho to get in shape as I am. I get the feeling people are annoyed with me for talking about fitness and calories. Oh well.

-Mel.

Violet73
12-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks Mel...your support means a lot! :) I get the feeling some people around me are tired of hearing about the diet plans and my plan to change too so its good to have a place to come to for support and "talk" to people who are as excited as I am ! :) wtg on the 2 pounds! :woohoo: I have signed up on the Biggest Loser Spring Challenge on this board and I am excited about that! :carrot:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-27-2009, 06:51 PM
MEL ~ that's exactly why we all come here; becuz we all are talking about our health and weight and what we eat and so on. We have this in common so we can support each other in our journey to good health. Sorry, you didn't get to see family; but you did spend your day with your own family and that is nice too. :D

:tree: We just spent another quiet day at home resting today. Spent a good part of the afternoon helping DH figure out what was wrong with his dvd player (as I had given him some new movies for Christmas). Turns out there was nothing wrong with it; he just keeps forgetting to turn the TV to GAMES mode when using the dvd player. He keeps getting confused with the VCR which uses channel 3; so I taped a note to the top of our both dvd players as a reminder for the future as we go thru this every 6 months or so. :lol:

:ginger: We had lovely leftovers for dinner tonight (like a cottage pie, and heated in the oven); boy, I am sure my stomach has shrunk becuz I can't eat too much or my tummy feels very yucky. We got a new kind of coffee and it has been ruff on my stomach as it is way too strong (I won't mention the brand); so I will be drinking Postum for a while until my tummy feels better. I also noticed that my stomach doesn't like certain foods anymore; even just one small piece of shortbread can upset it now; go figure!

PINK ~ I am so glad that you are feeling better, and that you were able to spend Christmas with some caring people like that. Too bad there isn't a Christian group at your school. We had one and it as a great way to make Christian friends (it was called a Christian Friendship Club) -- we did fun social things together: had lunch together, chatted on the phone, went shopping together, walking together, bowling together, and so on. :hug:

Anyhow, we are having very mild temps here right now; had a little ***** fall overnight, but not much. Don't know how long this will last though ... ;)

:wave: HI TO ALL OUR FELLOW CE'ers and to all our NEWBIES ~ just keep posting and we will get to know you all in time. We are thrilled to have you all join us here on our thread. Hope you all are having a great week; take good care of you and yours ... :hug: ROSEBUD :hug:

Karen31
12-27-2009, 07:07 PM
It has been a pretty tough Christmas season but probably not as tough as others or more than others. First Christmas without my Dad...I made a nice ornament with his picture and placed it on tree with my Mom, Tims Mom, My Uncle,and my sister in law.

My son is here and has talked to his wife a few times in Colorado. Thank goodness we have a flat rate for long distance!! Not sure what is going on there--- I figure he will talk when he is ready. I just hope he can think straight and do what is right for him.

I have a ham in the oven and we will have a "sort of" Christmas dinner now with him. Took the tree down this afternoon and now it looks like just another day around here.

Take care everyone.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-27-2009, 07:13 PM
HEY KAREN ~ did you get a new puppy? Oh, she looks just like my SWEETIE ... and sooooooo cute!!! :D

Karen31
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi Rosebud---No, she is my brothers new puppy. He had a standard poodle that was about 13 years old that he had to have put down before Thanksgiving. He had been looking for this certain type of dog---a Coton De' Tulear---- that is hypoallergenic and doesn't shed at all. I found a place that raises them not far from here and he went down to take a look. Of course then he just had to take her. Her name is Angel. She will get no bigger than 10 pounds and right now she weighs 2.1 pounds!! Her hair feels just like silk. So Cute... This is another picture of her where you can see her face better.

ronni62
12-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Karen-:hug: we know just how you feel. Prayers for your son and his situation as well. The avatar pic is soooo cute! Laughed at the pool pic-too bad it's not heated by a hot spring or something-wouldn't that be nice to take a refreshing dip in the snow-lol!

Sounds like everyone's had a fairly nice Christmas, even if some were different than usual, like ours, no travel and no visitors because of the weather. Now, of course, the let-down, and it's a big let-down, as we had an alignment scheduled for DS2's car tomorrow morning. DH went out to check it over, as we're driving almost 2 hours away to have it done and pick up DH's "new" car, and he found that one of the tires is worn on an edge to the cords, so now we have to buy new tires for it before we have the alignment done:mad:. The worst part is that the rest of the tire has tons of tread left, but we put the alignment off too long because of all the other issues this year. Now, if only the new tires on the escort that lost the engine would fit, but NOOOOOO, they're the wrong size, of course! I'm just hoping and praying that 2010 is a better year-you'd think we'd be about out of things that need repaired or replaced-lol! Of course, 2010 will be the year DS2 leaves for college, so I'll have that to dread all year long. Better not go there right now...:cry:

Well, I need to get some wash done and get ready for whatever tomorrow brings....new tires, etc....Hope you all have a nice day!:hug:

PinkFlamingo
12-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Rosebud - Thank you sweetie. There is a Christian group at school, but it isn't very popular (Montreal is a very secular city!). Sometimes there are only 2 or 3 people there. There is also a young adult group at a church downtown my pastor has been pushing me to get involved in.

Karen - She is a sweetie pie! She looks like my MJ! (although MJ is a maltese!)

Karen31
12-27-2009, 08:40 PM
She does look very much like a Maltese--- I think they originally come from the maltese/bichon line. Her hair is very much like the maltese--- you feel it and it is almost like it isn't there. My cousin has 2 maltese and loves them too. Me? I'm a dog lover period!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-27-2009, 10:54 PM
KAREN ~ I'm with ya -- I luv, luv, luv dogs like you; I would have a troup of the them if I had the room. Oh how appropriate: an ANGEL for Christmas! Yes, she looks just like our SWEETIE when she was young; and so does Pink's MaryJane too ~ strikingly so. Sweetie's also had that soft silky, non-shedding hair as did her daughter PIN PIN (which was short for Princess). Sure miss those darling Angels; I had a lovely dream of them recently: GOD is so kind!

RONNIE ~ the same thing happened to us with this car; the last owner put off the alignment and ruined the tires. It is actually much, much cheaper to do the alignment than have to buy new tires. When we did the transfer we did the alignment for about $100.00; compared to new tires, that's a bargain. The guy said that he had never seen a car so misaligned ... :dizzy: Thankfully, we had other tires to use for now but next year, we have to buy new tires too, so we know how you feel; but first, it needs some new brake rotors: more $$$ out for that in the new year ... "If you have a man or a car -- you will have lots of troubles and bills", so they say! ;)

PINK ~ that young adult group sounds like a great idea too; yes, I belonged to some of those too! :hug:

PinkFlamingo
12-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Karen, what is the pup's name? She is an angel! Are your dogs poms?

I have been trying to get my two girls into the groomer, and the soonest appointment I can find is the 14th. Mary-Jane is very matted. No matter how much I brush her, once it gets past a certain point, it always knots because it's so fine.

I've been feeling ill since Christmas. There was no church today (pastors need vacation too!), so I just stayed in bed pretty much all day.

Getting my hair cut tomorrow, and by God, I really need to get back on plan.

xoxo

Karen31
12-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Good Morning. Yes, both of mine are poms. Ginger (the red one) I rescued out of an animal shelter and Sissy (the sable) I rescued from a puppy mill. When I got Sissy her toe nails were so long they had curled way back under her feet. She had never had a collar or a leash on and had no idea what grass was! She was very afraid of it. And she was scared big time of my Hubby---still won't let him reach to pick her up but will take food from him now and curl up to his back AFTER he has gone to sleep! Ginger loved everyone from the beginnning. But they are both so spoiled now BUT isn't what they are for? We usually end up sleeping with both of them and at least 5 or 6 of their toys! Good thing it is a king size bed!

And My brother's dog is named Angel. She will become very spoiled too. He is already working very hard on that!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-28-2009, 09:02 PM
PINK ~ yes, fine haired dogs like ours do need their hair trimmed on a regular basis; I did both my girls hair about 2-3 times a year: in the spring and fall plus a touch-up if needed once a year. After a while, I got pretty good at it and saved myself lots of $$$ ... ;) Hope you are feeling better real soon ... :hug:

:wave: HI ALL ~ We had a major ***** storm here today so we just stayed indoors. I managed to get a cold or flu bug; had a dry, hacking cough which is getting better tonight: must be from all the prayers for me. The temps have dropped down to -20 C and the winds are fierce so it would feel about 10 degrees colder than that. Hope it warms up this week, becuz I have some bills to pay! ;)

Hope you all are having a peaceful and restful holiday week; and take good care ... ROSEBUD :hug:

Violet73
12-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Rosebud...glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to! Keep warm and cozy inside your house!

Karen and Pink...I love all of your doggy pics! so cute! My mom has a maltese/shih tzu mix..and she is just adorable and very spoiled. She is a smart little thing too! :)

PinkFlamingo
12-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks! Dogs are the best!!!

I ate crappy again today. *sigh* I dont know what I weigh, but I doubt it's any good. haha. Not knowing is hard though.

God and I are on strained terms these days. I need to spend some good prayer time, but for some reason I keep putting it off.

Oh, and I am now a blonde! ;)

StargateAddict
12-29-2009, 12:22 AM
:woohoo: I LOVE NEWBIES!
:welcome:
I'm not on your diet plan am I? :eek: lol

Keeping all that need prayers in mine. :hug: to all.

My Christmas? Same as ever. Family fighting, me feeling like crawling in the nearest ditch. LOL At least our Christmas with Dad's family on the 1st will be quieter and less of a pain. LOL! That side doesn't fight. ;-)

My family is getting me a laptop! So excited!

Other than that? Trying to work up the courage to talk to Boss about a full time possition. :S I'm such a worrier when it comes to asking about things like this! lol

Hope everyone is staying warm! Blessings!

~*~Katie~*~

PrairieChick
12-29-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm not on your diet plan am I? :eek: lol

Keeping all that need prayers in mine. :hug: to all.

My Christmas? Same as ever. Family fighting, me feeling like crawling in the nearest ditch. LOL At least our Christmas with Dad's family on the 1st will be quieter and less of a pain. LOL! That side doesn't fight. ;-)

My family is getting me a laptop! So excited!

Other than that? Trying to work up the courage to talk to Boss about a full time possition. :S I'm such a worrier when it comes to asking about things like this! lol

Hope everyone is staying warm! Blessings!

~*~Katie~*~

Hi Katie :wave:
My youngest daughters name is Katie! :hug:
I will pray for your family that you just had Christmas with, and am glad you will have a wonderful experience with the other half on the 1st.
On your job - does God want you working full time? Then ask Him how to approach your boss and leave it in God's hands. You will then have the peace to approach your boss in your request! :hug:

I am doing much better, still have a cough, will finish my second round of antibiotics today...waiting for Monday to really hit the exercise, really think that my body still needs the time to re-coop from all that it has been through.

My weight went up a few pounds due to jumping off program and eating Christmas treats...but I'm back on program and feeling stronger.

Have a GREAT day everyone! :grouphug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-29-2009, 08:34 PM
HI EVERYONE ~ We had a very cold day again today; woke up and it was still -20C with winds, but the :sunny: did peak out for a little while to cheer us up. Too cold to venture out so just stayed home and did stuff around here; I admire those brave souls who have to work outdoors like our poor trash collectors becuz it was very frosty out there today (sent up some prayers for them too) ...

Today was much better in the eating department; said lots of prayers last night and had a good OP (on plan) day! Kudos for that! Just did some walking around indoors today; I managed to pull my back a bit over the holidays -- probably trying to lift that big turkey out of the pan; couldn't do it so DH had to, but now I have been having some jabby pains. I have had this before many, many times and it always seemed connected to trying to lift something that was too heavy for me. Pray that it heals quickly -- thanks.

KIM ~ glad to hear that you are feeling better; seems I have caught a cough myself (a dry, hacking one; so my belly is a bit sore right now). I hope it goes away soon ... :hug:

KATIE ~ that's the thing about Christmas; really have to make an effort to get back on plan. Got out my calculator and wrote down what I ate; and it worked ... back on track today! Phew! Put turkey leftovers in the freezer for future meals. Gave some tidbits to the birdies for their Christmas treat; and put some stuff out in cold storage for DH for New Year's Eve. Overall, I think I did pretty good this year.

PINK ~ you can pray anytime, anywhere; GOD is available to our prayers 24-7. The Lord's prayer is a good place to start and doesn't take that long to say; less than a minute, I suppose. Sent up prayers for your family; and you're a blessed girl getting a laptop. :D

:wave: HI LESLIELOU ~ have to dress up warm with these temps; I'm sitting right beside the furnace to keep warm!

It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow, so we hope to get out to pay some bills before too much more snow starts to fall around here. The next 2 days are supposed to be milder but that is also when the ***** comes too! :lol:

Hope everyone is well today; and back on track? Do take good care of yourselves too ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

CountingDown
12-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi all, hope you are having a good week! Christmastide blessings to all! Things are busy here in MI, but we are all doing great!

Work has been productive over the holiday - with all of the staff and students gone, I'm actually close to being caught up :D

I'm hoping to get some cleaning done this week, as the house definitely needs some TLC. Hopefully, I will get most of the decorations and tree down too.

Anyone have New Year's plans? We are planning a quiet celebration at home. It is the one night of the year that I DON'T want to be out and about :lol:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-30-2009, 10:26 PM
HEY LAURIE ~ sounds like you need a maid; maybe someone to come in for a few hours a week just before the weekend (maybe Thursday or Friday mornings) and spiff up a bit. Think of it as job creation ... :lol: We are just staying and having a quiet New Years at home too. I agree -- it's safer to stay home on that night.

Had a good OP day; had creole patties with green beans, coleslaw, and new potatoes for dinner. Had warmer temps, so we went up town to pay a couple of bills; and picked up a few basic groceries for the week (eggs, bread, etc). I got some walking in -- doing my perimeter for more exercise; felt good and was able to walk fine, so thanks for all your prayers. Just having my tea and resting now; maybe read for a while too.

Hope everyone else is having a great evening; take good care ... Rosebud:hug:

ronni62
12-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Hi, everyone-couldn't sleep because of a toothache that hurts all the way into my ear, so decided to take a couple tylenol and check out 3fc until the pain subsides a bit. I have a dentist appt scheduled next Tuesday, but not sure if I'll make it that long-might try to get in tomorrow (or today, I guess it would be), as they usually have openings for "emergencies."

DS1 and family are coming down today for a late Christmas, so that will be fun. Made a roast in the crock pot and will roast some veggies to go with it. Got the house all toddler-proofed, too-DS2 and 3 helped a lot with that.

Well, feels like the meds are starting to work and I'm very tired:yawn:, so I'm gonna head off to bed. Prayers lifted for all. Take care and have a Happy New Year's Eve!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-31-2009, 08:00 PM
2010 ~ HAPPY NEW YEAR ~ 2010

May this new year of a new decade be a year of new beginnings, renewed hopes, new dreams, renewed health, new victories, and a year full of new blessings for you and yours ...

:flow1: ROSEBUD :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-31-2009, 09:29 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NUMPSTER on your big ... 50

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

HI FOLKS ~ we had warmer temps again today, but then the *****Squalls came with it; at times, it really looked pretty, but I just sat in my rocking chair by the window and watched all those crazy people going up and down in that crazy weather. One family actually went out for a walk with their baby and a little cockapoo that looked exactly like our SWEETIE. DH and I
couldn't believe how much she looked just like her; it was amazing ...

Tonight, we had pizza for dinner; and that was a nice thing to have for New Year's Eve. We are just having a quiet night at home as our Christmas was so busy. I called NUMPSTERearlier to
wish her a Happy 50th Birthday; and they were having a Fondu Party there so they had lots of people there to celebrate the new year too.

We hope that you and yours have a wonderful evening too; take good care ... :flow1: ROSEBUD :flow1:

CountingDown
12-31-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.commentsxo.com/myspace-graphics/images/New_Years/Animated/myspace_new_year_graphic_6.gif

Rosebud - LOL, you may be right. Most of my friends and colleagues have someone come in to help with the cleaning. I've never been able to bring myself to do that - even for big parties or special occasions. It IS a really good suggestion, though. It might be time to re-think on this particular topic - particularly during the holidays!

Ronni -prayers continuing for you. Tooth pain is something I am intimate with, and it is AWFUL!

Numpster - http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/330/a/e/Happy_Birthday_Godliek__D_by_elicoronel16.gif

Blessings to all!

Laurie

EZMONEY
01-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I have started our January Christian Encouragers :)

Please go here ~ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/189269-christian-encouragers-january.html