100 lb. Club - DECEMBER NSV's

View Full Version : DECEMBER NSV's

Sandi
12-01-2009, 08:45 AM
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

ThicknPretty
12-01-2009, 09:27 AM
I have one, I have one!

I saw my ex husband (my sons father) for the first time in about a year and a half and he texted me afterwards and said: "You look really small."

Now, of course, he means in comparison to what I used to be....but still! I've never been called small before and coming from him, it was a shock! I felt good the whole rest of the day...and still! Yay.

:carrot:

Late to the game
12-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Nice!

Jessica88
12-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I got to go shopping with my friends on black friday and i tried on jeans from the juniors section with my friends and actually bought a pair :)
I have never been able to go shopping with my friends and shop and try on clothes in the same section and now I finally can :) i am super happy!

time2lose
12-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Tonight as I was walking to my car after work I got to thinking about one of the goals that I had set myself when I started this journey. To be able to walk from my car to my office (and vice-versa) without getting out of breath. Now I park further away from the office and often walk around an extra building or two when I have time. That feels so good!

LitChick
12-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Today was my birthday and I did not use that to justify getting myself a cake or even to have a big dinner out. Instead, after work I went to a zumba class and then water aerobics, came home and had a healthy supper of whole wheat pasta and shrimp.

The girls at work did something nice for me, too, which I count as an NSV since it shows that people know I'm serious about my weight loss. I typically buy everyone a birthday cupcake on their birthday (I'm on the 'social committee') so I was kind of thinking/dreading that they would get me one. But instead they got me a bowl of fresh mixed berries. I thought that was very sweet and supportive!

So my big NSV is that I am off to a great start for my 36th year!

thistoo
12-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Happy birthday Litchick! WTG with your NSVs :)

gloo
12-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Happy bday Litchick!

I'm a grazer -- I get into a lot of trouble picking at this and that when I'm packing lunches in the evening...a slice of cheese here, a chip there, you know the drill.

I saved up my evening snack for after lunch packing tonight and somehow managed to avoid the leftover pepperoni and crackers and grabbed an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter for dipping. I feel SO MUCH less gross and way more proud of myself.

Newlywed
12-02-2009, 01:12 AM
My NSV is that today I am back! I have been gone for a long time and have gained almost all the weight back. And this time I am in it for the long haul.

(sadly mainly cause one of my friends who has always been 100+ lbs more then me got the lap band in the spring and is catching up to me weight wise)

But nontheless I am back! And ready to beat this weight off of me for good

Nada
12-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Really a Nov. ALMOST NSV, but I couldn't finish it until the end of the month. I decided to try to get 7 hours of cardio in a week to see if I could fit it in my schedule. I ended the month at.......29:23:30! (I would have gone walking on my lunch hour on the 30th if it hadn't been raining!!!). So, you know what that means for this month..........

Beverlyjoy
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM
My NSV was driving past the Dairy Queen longing for a junior chocolate dipped in chocolate cone & driving PAST.

time2lose
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Dec. is being a good month for me. I have already seen more NSVs than all of Nov. Here are a few:

I found out that regular size XL yoga pants fit me. REGULAR size... Did you see that? REGULAR size XL - unbelievable!

We had a retirement party at work last week. I only ate some fruit and was perfectly happy.

Our boss passed out candy bars as a celebration. I immediately turned and gifted mine to someone else. I thought about taking it home to my son but a candy bar riding in my car alone with me would be dangerous.

A very nice lady gave huge candy bars as a Christmas present. That candy bar was also immediately gifted to someone who does not have a food problem.

Friday I was out Christmas shopping and got very hungry. I ran home for a quick lunch because I felt it would be easier to eat healthy there.

ANewCreation
12-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I went to a Christmas party last night. I had planned for it, calorie wise. I did not over eat and even had enough calories for a couple of bites of dessert. I did not overeat at this potluck!!! And the scale this morning backs me up!!!!

weebleswobble
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I had to put my wedding band away because it was bothering me (I'm sure I must have weighed at least 230 when I got married 10 years ago), it was so loose and big on my finger. My husband was bothered that I was wearing no ring at all (isn't that cute?) so I am wearing the only ring that I have that is small enough: my HIGH SCHOOL CLASS RING! Just until I can go out and get a cheap $10-20 silver band somewhere (maybe an adjustable "hands" one so I can tighten it if I need to)...then when I finally get where I am going weight wise, we can get my wedding band resized.

:)

Jessica88
12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
i just bought my first whole new outfit (a dress and sweater) from the juniors section in kohls!

MaryAnne
12-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I hadn't been able to get my size 14 over my thighs and this weekend pulled them all the way up and could just barely zip them up but I got them over my thighs :) I also ran 6.2 miles in 1hr and 11 min when a month ago I could barely make it for one mile!!

time2lose
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Everyone is doing great! I love this thread.

uclr0028
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I was at work and one of my guy co-workers instant messaged me. "You are looking good, keep up the weight loss!" - Man that was a GREAT feeling.

cathydoe
12-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Today I have a sweater on that I haven't worn in years and it is warm and fuzzy and I love it...plus it is a size 3X!

{saying very quietly...when I bought it, it was tight...but I was gonna loose weight}

Now years later...it fits GOOD!

Newlywed
12-09-2009, 02:13 AM
On mon I signed my husband and I up at the Y and on mon I went and worked out with my friend for an hr in the morning then another hour at night with my husband. And this morning my friend and I went to zumba at 6:30 for a hour and I worked out for a hour with my husband again tonight. Planning on going to zumba again tomorrow and working out tomorrow night too.... Sadly this is the most consecutively I've worked out since high school track.

Kae
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I just got a new pair of black pants for work on black friday that fit perfectly, not loose and not snug anywhere... I've only lost 1.6 lbs since then but the blasted things are too big on me now. My sister, who went shopping with me, saw me in them and was like, "Are those pants too big on you?!... Do you own a belt?" :) Though, I do wish they would have lasted a bit longer because I can't afford pants very often. When I bought them I said they'd probably be too big once I lost another 15 lbs...

starfishkitty
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I bought two new pairs of jeans!!! The first jeans I've bought since probably about late 2005... and I really never wore them because I looked horrible in them and being that fat just made jean wearing uncomfortable.

And... on top of that... I was wearing them today when I laid on my bed for a little bit.... and I fell asleep! They were comfortable enough for me to fall asleep in them... like I used to do in high school! :carrot:

thistoo
12-09-2009, 06:40 PM
So I was standing in front of the mirror just now, waiting for my cat to finish eating her dinner (I have to stand guard over the older one or the younger one will steal her wet food), and I was in the middle of changing, so I was in just my bra and workout pants.

Anyway, I sucked in my stomach, as you do, and do you know what I saw in the mirror? My ribcage. I've never seen it before! I can feel the changes in my torso lately, I guess from the new workout program I've been doing. Whatever the cause, it's pretty cool.

thistoo
12-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Here's another one: Last night during yoga I did The Wheel (http://www.yogawales.co.uk/cms/images/stories/Pics/s-helena-wheel-2.JPG) for the first time. My arms are getting really strong!

FitGirlyGirl
12-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Today for the first time my WiiFit age was younger than my chronological age. WooHoo!

momof5k
12-12-2009, 01:03 AM
I bought a new pair of jeans ...size 10!! I was a 24 in March!!

LitChick
12-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Holy cow, Momof5K, that is awesome!!!!

It's so great reading everyone's successes!

Here are a couple of mine:

- yesterday I went with a friend to Anthropologie, a store I have longingly been in before but with no hope of ever fitting into their clothes. Well, I tried on a couple things and they actually fit! Better still, the XLs were too big and I ended up buying a pretty tank top in a size L - no X!!!

- a friend of mine who has also been losing weight has given me a bunch of clothes, mainly in size 16, that are too big for her. I have been able to start wearing some of the tops! I can't wait til I can fit in all of them and have a whole new wardrobe (at least until I get smaller - but then I have another friend who's got size 12s that are waiting for me, yay)

lovemyboy
12-12-2009, 03:56 PM
A coworker who I see only about once a month commented that I looked "smaller.". That was nice. My first compliment.

My favorite is that some black pants that I havent been able to wear in years fit me now.

Lyn2007
12-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Today I walked into the kitchen. My husband was looking at me. After a few minutes he said "are those new jeans?" I said no. He looked again. Then he said, "They make your butt look smaller."

LOL! Well, funny, but my butt IS smaller :)

FitGirlyGirl
12-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Last night I had to wear a belt with my 14s, WooHoo.

This morning my hubby said my breasts were small and then he thought it was funny how excited that made me. I have gone from a 42FF to a 36D+. Just so you know - he did not mean it in any sort of negative way, I have a good one who is always noticing things about my weight loss and encouraging me even though he actually has a thing for large women.

Sonata
12-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Last night my husband's favorite uncle flew out to visit, whom I haven't seen for four years, and when he saw me, he said, "Wow, you're looking good!" I tortured my husband for a half hour, trying to get him to admit that he had put his uncle up to it. Turns out I just look better, lol.

Loving Me
12-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Some jeans that didn't fit when I started this journey, I've been wearing for a couple of months and when I first started wearing them again they were a little uncomfy to sit down in.
Last week DH said they were looking baggy but I said they were fine. This week my mum said they looked baggy, and then yesterday DH laughed at me, bent down and just pulled then straight off me without unfastening them!
They aren't genuinely falling down by themselves, but they are baggy!

cathydoe
12-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Today I am wearing an old FAVORITE pair of jeans...they are Elizabeth and I used to wear 'em allllll the time. Do they even have Elizabeth (Liz Clairborune) anymore?

DCHound
12-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I can now fit into all my goal clothes, nothing's too small and several of them are too big. The last time I could wear any of these clothes was 2003, before I gained all this weight. And at the time I weighed 30 lbs less than I do right now. :)

c_laura
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I have a long beautiful coat that I couldn't wear with for a number of years unless I was wearing a t-shirt, because the arms to WAY too tight.

Now I can get it on over a sweater...next step is getting it to button over my hips before winter is over

momof5k
12-14-2009, 01:34 AM
I bought a new pair of jeans ...size 10!! I was a 24 in March!!

Yesterday, I bought a size 8!! And they fit beautifully!!

Gracie789
12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Congrats everyone. I'm so freakin' happy right now. I just bought a new pair of workout pants and they're a size Large (note there is no X involved)! I haven't been able to wear a large in nearly 10 years and a year ago I was wearing a 3x. What a difference a year makes! :)

LizR
12-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Congrats to everyone. :hug:

momof5k - As a mom of 2 I am amazed that anyone with 5 kids manages to get through the day much less stick to losing weight!

Gracie789 - I am motivated by your post. I want to wear a size L too!

My NPV is that my blood pressure was normal today! 102/76 :D

ButterflySam
12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
My NSV for the month is that all my jeans are now baggy. Not baggy enough to buy new ones yet, but no more uncomfortably tight jeans!

ubergirl
12-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Silly NSV, but I changed my profile pic on Facebook today, for the second time recently. I used to ALWAYS use that one good picture. Now, it's getting progressively easier to get a good picture.

Also, the pair of size 18 jeans that made me SWOON when I just managed to zip them and looked really flattering... are getting baggy.

Eliana
12-15-2009, 03:34 PM
I was just on the verge of not fitting into some chairs including movie theaters and the "hers" of our his/hers winged back chairs. I just realized I didn't even think about the movie theater seat last week. Apparently I fit. And right now I am typing from my "hers" winged back chair! I can not feel the sides on my rear end! Yeah!

thistoo
12-16-2009, 08:54 AM
This morning I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "Huh. I look really pretty today." That happens so rarely that it's a pretty major NSV for me, especially since my two-month plateau continues apace.

Eliana
12-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Thistoo, I love "I'm pretty" days! They don't come around too terribly often!

I noticed this morning that my tummy does not get in the way when I bend over to tie my shoes.

AND, (this is icky) but wearing this particular pair of pants, I could actually feel my belly ON my thighs when I sat, and ew (!) it stuck! Not so now! My belly does not stick to my thighs when I sit.

duckyyellowfeet
12-17-2009, 04:05 PM
My roommate left me a pair of size 16s pants to try on this morning. I haven't been able to wear a 16 since I was a sophomore in high school almost 6 years ago.

But they fit, buttoned and zipped. While I can't believe i weighed this much as a 15 year old, I'm so happy that I'm getting back into 16s.

Eliana
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
My roommate left me a pair of size 16s pants to try on this morning. I haven't been able to wear a 16 since I was a sophomore in high school almost 6 years ago.

But they fit, buttoned and zipped. While I can't believe i weighed this much as a 15 year old, I'm so happy that I'm getting back into 16s.

Good for you!

srr728
12-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Im working my way thru my jeans in my closet, I was scared to try on some but apparently Ive been bigger the past couple years than I thought, I'm about to the end of them and I'll have to buy some smaller ones!

lovemyboy
12-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I bought a pair of pants 2 sizes down when I started this thing. I wore them today!! They are tight but not miserably so. I'm so excited!

medinazarley
12-18-2009, 01:58 AM
So i thought my jeans were real loose 9read; nearly falling off) because they needed a run in the drier.

Well today I put on the "better fitting" pair for school and they were so big in the butt!! The waist still fits (in the fully pulled up position, if they slip at all they fall rapidly), but I know what i am getting for Christams!!!

jenhai
12-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I have been planning to do after Christmas Shopping for my official career clothing (needed in Jan.) On my way to troll through Big Lots, I stopped at a major thrift store in our area. I had always wanted to do the thrift store thing, however usually the 4 or five items in my size were ugly, outdated, or really worn. This week was a major victory. I purchased 13 pieces and paid 70$. It was amazing! There were size 14 and 16 bottoms that fit. There were two pairs of pants that maybe losing five or ten pounds will make possible. The tops were ranging from 12-16. All were name brand mostly only dry cleaned or never worn.

I put all of my new "What Not to Wear" skills to work. I purchased about 5 pairs of slacks, 2 short fitted jackets and about 6 tops! It was wonderful. I tried all of the items on and way happy. I remember crying in dressing rooms when I had on tight 24s and unflattering 22's. I thought about all the times when I settled out for my usually uniform . . . white top and black pants. I wore this to every function I ever attended. It is so nice to have nicer clothing . . . nicer and cheaper clothing. WHAT A NSV! I can't wait to keep visiting.

Also, I will say that I had been discouraged about clothing the last few months. I have been taking clothing donations from my sisters and friends that love to shop. I have had 4 pair of size 18 (Missy and Junior) my sister gave me three years ago. I finally have been able to wear them. But, after losing 50 lbs and hearing people say that I look like a 12/14, I couldn't figure out why I was still wearing and 18. Well, the cut of these jeans was small. I tried on jeans and slack at the thrift shop and the results made me so happy. WHEW WHOOOO!

Gracie789
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I love "What Not to Wear" too, definitely has me dressing my body soooo much better :)

Eliana
12-21-2009, 08:00 AM
I love "What Not to Wear" too, definitely has me dressing my body soooo much better :)

I just started watching this a couple weeks ago in preparation and as a motivator! I'm not going to go out and buy special clothes right now, but I am saving my money!

DivineFidelity
12-21-2009, 01:34 PM
My BMI is definitely under 30 now...so I'm no longer obese! =D

LizR
12-21-2009, 01:58 PM
jenhai - Great news. Getting down into thrift store sizes is my major NSP goal. You can get great stuff so much cheaper but it seems like only skinny people give away their clothes.

DivineFidelity - 30 is a wonderful number! :carrot:

rakel
12-21-2009, 02:00 PM
I was eating a Healthy Choice Mixer for lunch... it's only 320 calories, but I noticed about 75% of the way in eating it, I was full. wha? huh? full? I set it aside to see if the fullness would go away. It didn't, so I threw it away. This must be what it's like to feel thin.

thistoo
12-28-2009, 08:57 PM
I went to Florida for Christmas to visit my parents. While I was there my mom and I did quite a bit of shopping, at the outlet mall in Vero Beach and also a great consignment store near her house. I saw a dress at Banana Republic in November that I loved, but I never pay full price for anything at Banana Republic, so I waited until I saw it at the outlet.

Well, I expected to need a size 10, but the biggest size they had was an 8. I tried it on anyway, just for kicks, and do you know that it fit just fine? I bought two dresses in a size 8! And they were both half price so it was like getting a whole dress for free. :D

I also found a size 8 Ann Taylor dress at the consignment shop, and it fit like a dream too. My dream when I started all this was to be able to walk into Ann Taylor and buy a dress off the rack, and I did it! Well, okay, I bought it second-hand, but it cost two dollars so I'm counting it!

Also while I was home, my mom gave me a ring that belonged to my great grandmother. It's a tiny size 5 and it fits me perfectly. Having family pieces means a lot to me, and being able to wear my great grandmother's ring is really wonderful. I couldn't have dreamed of fitting into it a few years ago.

thistoo
12-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Here's another one: I went back to work today after a week and a half of vacation, and one of my coworkers said, "Have you lost more weight?" Uh, not so much, but maybe I'm toning up or something. Either way, it was still nice to hear!

CLCSC145
12-29-2009, 09:24 PM
I love reading these! You all are doing SOOOO well.

Here's mine... My waist went down another inch! That's 14 inches lost all together! And this last inch came off while I only lost 4.6 pounds. At one point I lost over 30 pounds and only lost 1 inch in my waist. This weight loss thing is crazy sometimes. :dizzy: