30-Somethings - 30 Somethings December Chat

View Full Version : 30 Somethings December Chat

mortonpixie
12-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Another smart chick on our boards suggested that we do a monthly chat versus a daily chat. I thought maybe we could try it - what do you think? I guess since we don't have a ton of participation, it might be nice to be able to look back and catch up with everyone over the span of a few weeks on just one thread. If it get to long, we can always go back to a daily post.

Sound good? :D

Happy December 1st! My kids are chomping at the bit to get the tree up. We have a smallish house and 6 kids running around all day - I'm not anxious to figure out what to do with everything while the nativity and tree take up prime real estate. I can be rather a Scrooge with some of the holiday inconveniences. :o

Today is DH's day off. He normally does the laundry and takes the big kids somewhere like the library or the mall to get out of the house. I have been doing well getting in my a.m. workout but would like to squeeze in some weights somewhere soon.

How's everyone else today?

AFChick
12-01-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm doing OK today...really didn't want to get up and go to work this morning...:(.

Back on track with my eating since I've been home. I just have to get through one more TDY (trip away from home) and then Christmas at my Grandma's house. She always tries to fill us up with casseroles and cookies...we're staying at a rental condo near her house, not at her house, so maybe that will help. (We rented condos so that my brother and I wouldn't overwhelm her with 6 of her great-grandkids at once: my 2 and his 4. :dizzy:) Of couse 2 of his are teen-agers, but my 7 and 9 year old boys and his 4 year-old girl and 2 year old boy more than make up for it...:D.

Violet73
12-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey there! I'm new to the board (just a few days) and I just started my weight loss journey yesterday.. I cant explain how excited I am to have found this board. I feel like now I can do this and am actually excited about losing weight! I am 36 and I am a single mom of a sweet daughter who is 12.... life is grand..I just need to lose weight and life will be wonderful! :)

sbinkerd1
12-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I might be a smart chick, but I am actually a dood.

AFChick
12-02-2009, 12:00 PM
sbinkerd1,

Dudes are people too, so we won't hold it against you...:D.

Hope everyone is doing well today. I have to go to my second (mandatory) this is how we lose weight in the AF class. I have yet to hear anything new...oh, well, I have to play the game right? In any case, I'm losing the weight for me and my health. Keeping my job is just a bonus, right?

mtloser
12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi ladies! I haven't posted in the 30 something thread before.. I am in my 30's though I feel like I am still in my 20's :)

I can't believe we are only a few weeks away from Christmas! Has anyone besides myself not starting shopping yet? ugh.. I do this every year, hate it and say next year I will start early. But I never do.. LOL

Mango30
12-02-2009, 05:39 PM
I have not bought a single christmas pressie yet.

Welcome to the newbies!

I've been super busy, getting ready to leave for Orlando on Friday, I'm there till wednesday then I fly all the way to Fairbanks Alaska (in one day) and have class on thursday and two finals on friday and then, THEN I'll be able to breathe again.

mortonpixie
12-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Oops! Spinkerd1 - sorry!! Thanks dood. ;)

Leslielou - so glad to have you here. Our forum can be a little slow at times, but we are tight knit.

Mango - missed you, girl! I'm terrible at the whole Christmas thing -from the wrapping to the decorating. Gah - seems like such a waste of energy. I know, I know, Scrooge!! hope you get to have some fun in FL though it sounds like you will be busy.

AFChick - I can't imagine being told to loose weight or loose my job. You have a great attitude and sounds like you are keeping your sense of humor! ;)

Today has been horrible. I have stayed on plan, but really want to eat everything in sight. It's been a stressful day. My daycare baby got his shots yesterday and has a terrible cold AND teething. So...fussy, drooly, snotty, explosive diapers, won't sleep. Then our 2yo has been biting her 7yo sister, stripping naked and pooping her now diaper (cuz she won't potty train). I'm telling ya if everyone could nap at the same time, just once...sigh.

I can't WAIT to get up and workout in the morning. 45min of nobody but me and the sound of my foot falls on the treadmill. PEACE!!

Mango30
12-02-2009, 08:37 PM
MP, your almost in onderland! I bet by tomorrow or the next day I'll be reading your onderland post. Can't wait!

AFChick
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Good morning everyone!

Mortonpixie...I feel for you...I was sooooo glad when my youngest was potty trained. My oldest took forever to potty train (he was almost 4!). Of course with boys, sometimes their bathrooms look like they haven't been trained at all..;)

Sounds like everyone has a plan to stay on track for the holidays. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....T-Day down, Christmas, anniversary, DH birthday, and New Year's to go...

Today is only a half day at work, so I get to do some extra workout this afternoon before the kids get home. I always feel so guilty working out in the evenings. I wait until they are asleep and then I'm exhausted the next day and can't get up early to work out in the morning, so again have to work out at night...a vicious cycle!

Anyway, happy Thursday! I'll quit rambling now...

mortonpixie
12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
AFChick - I hear ya, about the night exercising. DH works til 7:30, then the kiddos go to be from 8-9 (staggered by age) and by then I want to see DH!

My cell phone is my alarm clock and when it went off this morning I fell asleep with it in my hand for 10minutes. My am schedule is just like anyone else's even though I work from home. My DC kids start coming at 7:20 and if I don't get cracking on my workout, I might as well skip it.

So I skipped it. Now I feel like crap. My back is always worse when I skip my workout. Helps loosen it all up. I finally had an MRI and have a torn disc among some that are protruding. Thank goodness I finally said that PT and Chiro really wasn't working after months of it. They make me feel like I'm exaggerating the pain and NEVER want to come off of any good pain meds. :D Damn docs...hahaha!

Oh well, enough complaining out of me. Gotta go break up a fight in the other room...sigh...

AFChick
12-03-2009, 09:48 AM
MP: Hang in there! Do what makes you feel better...I agree about the dang doctors...I had wrist problems and it took them 2 years to tell me they couldn't figure it out...Now I just baby my wrist a bit and skip the unit-inflicted push-ups and I do fine.

I hear ya about the schedule. I think working with kids is the hardest, most important, and least appreciated job there is. I have the utmost respect for those who care for kids (stay at home moms and DC workers). I'm not sure I could keep up the pace required!

squeak351
12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey all you newbies! Wow, I am away for a couple of weeks and look at all the new faces. :D

Not buy Christmas early? Oh gosh.. I am usually done by now. I still have about 6 things to buy and it's driving me crazy because I can't find a day to go and finish up. My tree was up in early November.

Keeping kids... oh no.. I don't have the patience! ACK I tried to keep my sister's kids when they were little and that last about a week. My mom says my DD is so good she has me spoiled because she is such a good kid.

So I've been MIA action. Thanksgiving through me for a loop. I did ok until afterward and couldn't get back on track. I have finally got things under control again. I have a friend that is such a motivation to me. She is doing WW and working out and has lost 45 lbs. It's nice to have someone you can share the journey with.

Tonight is a Christmas parade that our church has a float in. DD and I are supposed to walk in the parade. It's supposed to be cold.. yuck, but at least I will get some exercise in.

That's if from me today. Ya'll have a great day.

mortonpixie
12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
squeak!!! I missed you! Glad you have some support 'in the real'. Is DD any better? Hope your FIL is still on the road to recovery. Glad you are "back on the wagon". :hug:

Bigknitter
12-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey ladies, I went away for a long time because I was just doing horrible :( I'm ready to try again, I hope you don't mind me joining back in!

After months of not caring and eating pretty much like crap I am on Day 2 of sticking to my meal plan and already I feel great :)

Violet73
12-04-2009, 07:35 AM
welcome back bigknitter! I am new here......glad you made it back!

Mango30
12-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I am supposed to be flying to Orlando today, but right now its raining like a monsoon and its windy, gusting to 60 mph, so I think I may not be going anywhere today. It was a blizzard here on Sunday, literally I think we got four feet of snow, and now its so icy outside from the rain that its like someone drove their zamboni to work and hotmopped all the roads.

I want airport junkfood.

mortonpixie
12-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Mango - holy crap girl. While I hope you get to go, I hope you remain safe. Winter in Alaska...ew...I thought winter in Nebraska was bad. I don't blame you for wanting to junk out. Maybe get something and walk around the airport eating it to burn the cals? :D I'm not much help.

I am so glad it's Friday. I'm about ready to dump one of my DC kids. His mom is NOT working with him. He's 7mo old and doesn't nap. She nurses him to sleep at night and sleeps with him. He's just tired out of his mind. She is "to busy" to feed him solids so he's freaking starving. If you wanna stay home with your kid, then do what you want. But when you take them to daycare, it helps if all kids are eating and napping....helps the provider not to go INSANE. The kid comes dirty and half naked in the bitter cold and most of the time doesn't have an extra outfit for when he explodes his diaper in his clothes. Sorry. I love this little guy, but his Mom is a FLAKE.

I'm debating whether or not to go grocery shopping tonight. I SO don't wan to fight football traffic to go tomorrow, but I'm wiped out and just want these extra kids to go home so I can chill with my four.

Bigknitter
12-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Well I have had two triumphs today. My only goal today was to go take my dogs for a walk, and after procrastinating all day I finally went. It is a triumph because it is FREEZING out there! The other is kind of a good and bad one. I made shortbread, telling myself it would be for gifts, yeah right. Anyway it was a flop, but I ate more than I should have until I finally just said it needs to go, and it did, right to the trash. Baby steps right? lol

mortonpixie
12-04-2009, 09:02 PM
WTG bigknitter! You are changing your MIND and that's the best way to start changing your BODY.

:welcome2: back, btw!

AFChick
12-05-2009, 01:18 PM
BigKnitter...WTG. It's great you went for your walk...procastination only hurts if it lasts past bedtime...:D

MP: I hope things get better with your DC kid...if a kid is hungry all the time on milk, they should eat food...period. A parent being to busy to feed their kid what they need is horrible! The mom should be allowed to be hungry for a while to see how it feels...all of us dieters know how it feels...

I didn't workout yesterday. I got a call to be emergency help at my kids' school bookfair...0730-1230 turned into 0730 to 1800 (6pm for all non military types :) ). I had my quilt block of the month club this morning and didn't have my block done yet (yikes). Luckily DH let me have a couple of hours uninterupted to get it done...he does have his moments!

I got a good suprise this morning...I jumped on WII fit to do my weigh-in and it said I lost 5.5 pounds in one day! :carrot: I think something may have been wrong with the foot pads because the kids were using it to do the weight test game on there, so it may be back on tomorrow, but it was a GREAT feeling! Who knows, maybe my body finally got off the plateau it's been on and it's really gone...

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

mortonpixie
12-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Morning Chicks and Happy Saturday!

One full week of my 7mo baby sleeping mostly through the night (only up once to eat and right back down!) I have been using some suggestions in a book called "Good Night Sleep Tight" by Kim West. Previously we were up every 2-3 hours...I was delirious...hadn't had a good nights sleep since before he was born.

But I feel pretty darn rested today! No need to take on the world or anything, but hey, sleep is sleep!

I was happy to see a "light prep" directions on the Kraft Mac&Cheese box. Yes, my kids love the mac and cheese...but for the family size it suggests a WHOLE STICK OF BUTTER! The light prep suggests half that and skim milk - cuts the calories for 1c. down from 410 to 230!

What's everyone else doing today?

nuunikki9
12-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I actually was going to do a challenge a month ago, and my computer froze. Kinda how my exercise regimen has been for a long time...My birthday is a month from now and I am determined to feel good when I throw on some clothes to go out with my hubby. My name is Nikki. I am 34, mother of three beautiful children (18,15, &11), a husband, two dogs, and a cat. I live in Valparaiso, Indiana. I have had issues with weight since I was 5. I take after my wonderful grandmother who didn't lose her weight until she was 64. I will not wait any longer! Since my computer is downstairs where my DVR is (I tape Gilad, just never come down to work out), I figure, if I chat everyday, I will work out just the same. I have A LOT to lose but my goal for my b-day..15 pounds. I know I can do it if I work out everyday.

AFChick
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Welcom nuunikki9!

A lot becomes a little if you hit it one small goal at a time. Congrats on your first step. I've also had weight issues my whole life. I started gaining at 5 and was on my first diet at 8. I've been thin a couple of times in my life and I'm determined to get there again and stay that way. I know I can do it and I know you can as well if you set your mind to it.

Violin Jenn
12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

I didn't do too much today. It's been a nasty day here near Philly. Cold rain that turned into our first snow of the season. It was pretty, but it did slush up and could make tomorrow A.M. slippery and icey. I got in a good workout, Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones AND Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga w/ Bob Level 1. A full hour!!!

Best news is...after gaining 2.5 lbs over Thanksgiving plus TOM, I went from 183.6 to 179.8 this morning!!!! I lost 3.4lbs!!! In one week!!!!:goodscale:goodscale Goodbye 180's!!!!

Jenn

sbinkerd1
12-06-2009, 10:11 AM
The wife and I had a planned off the diet day. I felt like crap most of the day from eating junk. I have found that if I stick to the ketogenic type of diet that I am on, I feel so much better. I am not going off diet again until christmas, but even then I am not eating junk. I will stick to things that make me feel good healthwise rather than the short term carb induced high from eating junk.

Violet73
12-06-2009, 01:03 PM
sbinkerd1....is the ketogenic diet like low-carb? I always feel better doing low-carb...I'm going back on it....I was doing 1200 calories a day all last week and feel horrible...I think its all the carbs. gonna stick with low-carb...probably forever....i have more energy on that :)

AFChick
12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Well, found out the WII fit was going hay-wire yesterday...yesterday it said I lost 5.5 lbs in one day...today it says I gained 6.6 pounds in one day...I'm calling yesterday an anomoly! Oh well, I'm staying to my course no matter what the scale says today.

I tried low-carb after my second son was born. It worked great until I went off it and then I gained 30 pounds back in 2 months. I don't think I could stick to it forever (I like bread and rice), so I'm not going low-carb anymore. I also felt horrible the whole time I was doing it....I do best just overloading on fresh fruit and veggies and then working out like a crazy person :) . When I eat that many veggies, it take so long to eat them (just to chew them), I don't eat much junk. I also am pretty full most of the time. The working out is a great stress reliever. I just have to make it a priority to get it done. My problem is that when I'm not dieting, my life takes over and makes other plans for me that don't include massive workouts.

lauralyn
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone, I have not posted in here before but I have lurked for a bit :-)

I am 39, wow I don't feel like I'm that old! I have been married 21 years...I was married at 17.
I have a 19 yr old daughter in her first year of college and 14 yr old daughter in her first year of high school. My son is 10 and is in 5th grade.
I will be back on tomorrow to post a bit more and catch up on this thread!

Nice to meet you all!

squeak351
12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
:welcome3: lauralyn and everyone else who is new too!

MP- that moms sounds horrible. I have always said that people need a license to breed! lol There are kids here at school that I would like to take home, give them a bath and feed them. Their kids are hungry and dirty. I wonder what kind of condition the houses they live in are.

It's been chilly here and we had snow on Saturday. It was beautiful, the kind that just clings to all the trees. It cleared up fast and is pretty much all gone today. The roads didn't get bad either which made it really nice.

Tonight we are going to the Christmas dinner show at Dixie Stampede. Lots of food! I know I won't do good tonight but it's one of those things you don't do everyday. I tried to keep it light for lunch and I only had a banana at breakfast.

I am not doing so great on exercise. I am lazy and that's the whole of it!!! lol I have a ton of excuses but when it comes right now to it they are all excuses, right?

Ya'll have a great day.

AFChick
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Happy Monday everyone!

I'm having a bad day...last night 5 minutes into my run, I felt a sharp pain in my left calf. I think it's a pulled muscle. I walked on it for a while so that it wouldn't freeze up on me. Today it was pretty sore. I decided to try and walk. I got 2 miles into it and was feeling pretty good. Then all the sudden, wham, it just knotted up on me again. Of course, I was a good way away from work at that point and had to limp back...ugh! I hate :mad: injuries...I hate feeling gimpy...

I think I need a hug...

Thanks for letting me vent...I will come back later with more positive stuff to chat about...

sbinkerd1
12-07-2009, 04:59 PM
yes, ketogenic = low carb. lean protein. lots of veggies.

Bigknitter
12-07-2009, 05:47 PM
AFChick, ugh, that sucks that your calf is hurting :( I hate dealing with injuries, I hope it starts to feel better soon.

My Monday is pretty crappy, my dd is sick, going on the 3rd day of what seems to be the stomach flu. I did manage to squeeze in my first workout in weeks though! I did some strength training and actually ran 2 miles on the treadmill without dying lol It felt really good to finally do something. I'm on my second day of the Eat to Live plan and I'm feeling really good about it. I'm down 2 pounds from yesterday, which I'm sure is just water weight, but it is still nice!

I hope everyone is having a good day :)

Violet73
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
sbinker....that is what I am starting tomorrow...i feel better on that.. should have stuck with it when I was 80 pounds lighter and following it back in 2003....oh well...lessons learned (sigh)

mortonpixie
12-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Happy Monday back at you all!

We had a very sleepless night with the baby last night. It's always a huge concern that he will wake up our 2yr old, and if that happens, the whole dang house might as well get up! Anyway, he cried every 1-2 hrs last night. Me and Hubs were pooped this morning.:yawn: Teething maybe..??

I didn't get my workout in until after DH came home at 8pm. I was very happy about my performance and ran more than I have in a long time. Also hopped on the scale and moved that sucker down off the 200's! :dancer: Yay!

We are in a winter storm watch here in the great state of Nebraska. Schools are already closed and we are expecting 10 or so inches with a very slow moving storm. Personally, I don't mind driving in it or anything. But in recent years the schools have caught **** for being open when driving conditions weren't all that whoopee.

I don't care what they do, our kids are home schooled...and we are off the months of December and June. :D It's nice to have a break. I won't have my DC baby tomorrow though 'cuz his Momma is a teacher. Yes, the one that brings her dirty, freezing, starving kid is a teacher. sigh...:headache:

Well, it's getting late and I don't know how much sleep will be available tonight. Better hit the hay.

bensempress
12-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Monday is Gone already... it went fast! Christmas shopping, not much even one thing have I purchased yet... but I did make all my xmas cards today so they're ready to go.

I'm baking whole wheat Pita bread (jalapeno, sundried tomato and olive!) and sending that along with some Kona coffee from here on the the Big Island this year. The only one who's getting real gifts is our son! He's 16 and all he wants is money though, lol... he's going to be surprised whether he likes it or not darn it hehe :)

squeak351
12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Last night was fabulous and I ate too much but how often do you spend a small fortune on dinner and show? Then DH HAD to have fresh hot krispy kreme doughnuts. Ok, so I really failed last night but we had a blast and I am not going to regret it, maybe a little when the scale goes up or doesn't move at all.

Nothing planned tonight but cleaning on the house a bit and stopping by the store to pick up a few more Christmas cards.

Ya'll have a great day.

mortonpixie
12-08-2009, 02:39 PM
We are home all snowed in an cozy today! I had bought a turkey last week on a sale and cooked that up today. YUM!

Went to the doctor for my back this morning. Turns out the radiologist read my MRI wrong and I DONT have a torn disc in my back!! Phew! I was looking at a major surgery! They said they are going to instead inject my joint right near my hip to get the pressure off my sacral nerve. Can't have it injected until Jan 12th - but I'll survive.

Just hanging out and taking a Snow Day! My little kids are napping, so I might go see if a nap is in the cards for me...later I will workout. Happy Tuesday. :)

Close2MyHeart
12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I haven't popped into this thread yet... just catching up on emails and online stuff while the children play.

MP~ We homeschool too. I like the idea of the entire month of December off! What a great idea. But you said "December & June" so I'm assuming you school the other Summer months? We don't... I like the summer free from schooling.

Can I admit that I'm really just starting to watch what I eat. (Meaning today.. just starting!) tho I've been a member here for more than a week. Actually I don't even remember exactly when I signed up! LOL! I decided to try WW at home again. I already have the book & slider, so why not? I just hate to pay extra $ to try to loose weight...

DH & I challenged each other. We're seeing who will loose the most weight before Christmas. Whoever looses gives the winner a full body massage. Woohoo!! That's incentive .... :)

mortonpixie
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Close2MyHeart - yay for TeacherMom! ;) We take all of December and all of June off (till after the 4th of July). Our kids are small (6th grade and 2nd grade and on down) and get bored with to much time off in the summer. One month is enough.

Good for you for starting today! You certainly can't start yesterday, now can ya! I agree with using what you already have. I go back and forth between tracking calories on Fitday.com and using my old WW stuff. I tried low carb/ no carb, but just didn't like being told what I can and can't eat.

Bigknitter
12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Am I ever glad today is almost over! I had the worst day. It started out fine, except that my dd is still sick, but toward the afternoon I just started to get a BAD attitude :( I get that way sometimes but it hasn't happened in a couple of weeks, I don't know what set me off today. Anyway after a great, filling dinner of quinoa pilaf, white beans, and roasted brussels sprouts and onions I am heading off to my karate class and then calling it a day. Maybe I'll get to kick something, hard lol

squeak351
12-09-2009, 11:18 AM
bigknitter I felt the same way this morning (wanted to kick something) I was late for work and 3 times people pulled out in front of me and went SLOW. One lady was putting on her makeup. One man was busy with something in his passenger seat. Grrrrrr... I prayed really hard to retain my cool otherwise I would have had really bad road rage this morning! Hope you got to kick something!!!

I dont know if it's the season or the weather but I am sooooo tired. Right now I could lay down on my desk and be instantly asleep. I didn't stay up later than normal so I don't know what's up. I think I may go to bed really early to night and see if that helps.

Is everyone ready for Christmas? It's gonna be here before we know it. I have the tree up and all the presents I have bought so far wrapped but I still need to get back to the mall without DD in tow. Usually I have everything done by now. I like to make lists and check things off but this year I didn't make a list and it's driving me nuts. (can we say OCD! LOL)

Close2MyHeart
12-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm also dragging lately. I am exhausted. I don't feel like doing anything. It's gotta be the weather.

I'm almost done & ready for Christmas. I'll finish up my shopping on Saturday!! WOOHOO! I love Christmas time :)

I am really struggling staying committed to this weight loss thing right now. Darn gingerbread men. however, I'm trying to stay on track and ignore their little voices calling me from the cookie jar. LOL!

Bigknitter
12-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Ugh, I think I will be ill for the entire month of December! I was just starting to feel better from a bug that lasted 2 weeks and then last night I couldn't keep anything down, this morning I have a fever. My dd was sick for 4 days with vomiting and I think she has passed it onto me.

Now it makes sense as to why I felt like I would pass out when doing yesterday's weight training. I hope to stay lying down all day, maybe make a little soup or green smoothie and hope I feel a little better. I'm so sick of being sick! I've got things to do!

holls
12-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi, everyone. I hope life is treating you well, today, in this incredibly busy and insane time.

Mortonpixie, I totally hear you about the sick baby and explosive diapers! Our baby girl just finished with a bout of RSV (and, subsequently her parents finished with it, too, lovely) and ear infection (two rounds of antibiotics to knock that out).

My gripes, today, are 1) having no time to workout and 2) being annoyed by stated calorie values vs. actual calorie values. The workout issue I'm just going to have to figure out, because I have to do SOMETHING. I just don't know when I'm going to fit it in! So frustrating when the only time I can come up with is when I'm supposed to be sleeping (which I don't do enough of, anyway). The calorie issue is something I deal with every time I put myself back on the food diary. I'm always super surprised by the amount of calories people SAY are in foods vs. the amount of calories actually in them. The place where I work has a cafeteria and usually I eat breakfast and lunch there. The healthy pickings are kind of slim, but if I work the system I can usually find something good for me. Sometimes I get a scoop of chicken salad from the deli without the bread or other sandwich fixings. Or sometimes the salad bar has low-fat cottage cheese. Hereís the issue, though. The cafeteria has a website with all of the calories in their foods, per serving, listed. However, and I began to suspect this when I noticed I wasnít losing any more weight, their serving portions are a lot larger in real life than they are on paper! So I pretty much have to eyeball what Iím being given and either ask for less, eat less than Iím given, or compute the calories. Itís a guessing game! However itís a game Iím going to have to play because Iím not going to start packing myself a breakfast and lunch every day (elusive time)!

mortonpixie
12-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Close2 - I''m sorry you are draggin! The hardest time for me to stay motivated is when I'm tired. It just feels better to EAT SOMETHING YUMMY !! ;)

Bigknitter - I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Still. Again. :( Yuck.

Well we are on day #3 of being snowed in. The schools are still closed and my other clients car is stuck in her parents neighborhood. Our arterial streets are plowed, but the side streets are still a foot deep. We live at the end of a T intersection and there was someone stuck there about every hour yesterday.

I think I will clean out the fridge today. I've been on a fresh veggie strike (using frozen for convenience) and there are some "ripe" leftovers in there. I hardly know what to do with myself with just my kids here!

Maybe I can get my workout in over naps today. Doing it at 8pm is making it hard to fall asleep at night.

squeak351
12-11-2009, 11:26 AM
What a crappy morning!

Lots of kiddos puking here. Must be a stomach bug. I am hoping everyone gets better over the weekend. We have a short week of school next week and then it's Christmas break. Seems like every year the kids at school have a stomach virus before Christmas break.

My weight is up 9 lbs! Holy Cow.. how in the heck is that possible? Steriods, antibiotics plus this sinus infection. I am hoping it's water retention.

I am busy, busy, busy this weekend. Tonight is the school nurse's Christmas party. I am taking my sister shopping before the party. Tomorrow we are meeting at my mom's to make Christmas candy, tomorrow night going to the movies and shopping for a needy child. Sunday is church then groceries. Then Monday it's back to work and start all over again!

Ya'll have a great day and stay away from those steriods.

Bigknitter
12-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Well I don't know what the heck was up with the last two days! I had a 24 hour stomach bug I guess, but I feel like I'm over it now, thank goodness. I had some good news from the scale today, I'm at 149.6 - back under 150!! I hope to never see 150 on the scale again :) It is great news that makes me feel motivated to keep doing great.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

holls
12-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Squeak, your weekend sounds busy like mine! I'm not looking forward to the two (count em) Christmas parties I will attend. My saving grace will be the white wine and tomato/cucumber/balsamic/feta salad I'll bring. I'll just eat lots of it and pretend not to see everything else ;-) I hope this plan works! Squeak, a friend of mine takes steriods periodically and always retains a ton of water, but it goes away when she finishes her course of pills. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

And yay Knitter! If I ever see 149 on a scale I'm standing on I'll probably bust. What a glorious number!!!

Things I'd like to accomplish this weekend:
1. Rid Cora of her diaper rash (our doctor prescribed a cream that cost $140 at the pharmacy, AFTER insurance)
2. Maintain my 1500 calorie restriction (I CAN do it!) in spite of the Christmas goodies
3. HAVE FUN!

Bigknitter
12-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I am having a great day. I got lots of yarny stuff done this morning, I'm feeling good about staying on my food plan, and I just got back from a fantastic karate class! Not to mention everyone in my house seems well, as in not sick!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! :)

ETA I better knock on wood! lol

mortonpixie
12-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm with Holls - when I see 149 on the scale, I'm going to hug everyone in a 1 block radius! It's all relative. :) There are probably some over in the 300's group that envy those in Onederland.

bigknitter - glad to hear you are feeling better physically and emotionally. ;) Hang in there, girl! Women are so complex that we don't even understand ourselves!

Well, I'm having a HUNGRY day. I hope I get to workout tonight because it's going to be tough to stick to my calorie budget today. I passed up hot dogs and chips at a church function today and when we got home after feeding the baby and trying to get naps in, I ended up with a protein bar and an apple for lunch. I've just been starving ever since.

A yogurt, a blueberry bagel, then 2 mini candy bars (that party at church gave the kids each a whole bag of candy!!) I'm just chugging water and holding on. I can feel a major binge coming if I don't watch it. DH gets home at 7:30 and I'm going to definitely workout tonight - normally I don't on the weekends, but I gotta.

I've been doing SO good - AAACK!!

Violin Jenn
12-12-2009, 06:58 PM

Today was weigh in day and I lost 2.8lbs!!! I am so happy cause I wasn't expecting more than a pound cause last week I lost big, 3.4lbs! SO that's 6.2lbs in two weeks!!! YAY!:carrot::carrot:

I had a brief lapse in sanity and went to the mall and Wal-mart to finish Xmas shopping. WHAT was I thinking!!!! I should've waited for a weekday evening.

Oh well. I did buy two cd's though. Shakira's new cd She Wolf and Lady Gaga-The Fame Monster. Both are sounding like great workout tunes.

mortonpixie
12-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Jenn is my hero! Big loss and finished shopping today. Treat yourself to a mani-pedi, girl!!

Close2MyHeart
12-13-2009, 06:40 AM
Jenn ~ Congrats on the big loss!! I also went to WalMart yesterday and finished up my shopping. I got there early enough that it wasn't bad when I arrived, but horrible when I left. Busy & FULL of grumpy people. Why do people always seem grumpier this time of year?!

I did ok so far this weekend. Not the best tho as DH brought Chinese home for dinner on Friday night. Given our competition I *should* have said no, but it was very yummy. Today is an 'off' day where I don't dwell on my diet. Eat sensibly but no counting points/calories on Sundays. I need one day a week where it isn't an obsession.

lauralyn
12-13-2009, 08:13 AM
I managed to start my Christmas shopping yesterday, Walmart and Target were packed with crazy, pushy people.

I have to admit that I have not been on the treadmill in two days ( I will get on today!) and I had two glasses of wine last night. I guess I am not used to drinking wine anymore because right after I drank them I took an hour long nap ;)

So I need to get back on track, my goal is to see 149 on the scale before Christmas and I have been fluctuating between 151 and 152.5 for the past couple of weeks or so.

junkatarian
12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Hello All,

I'm fairly new here. I posted once or twice in early November. I struggle with emotional eating, and when I'm not managing well my attempts to eat healthier and be healthier through exercise fall apart. Right now I still don't have my dieting back on track, but I am on track this week with my exercise.

It's really nice reading everyone's posts and hearing about others day-to-day challenges and successes. It's really inspiring to hear that Mortonpixie is able to exercise while running an in-home daycare and homeschooling your own four children - wow, hats off to you! Many of your other stories and circumstances are inspiring too!

Take care all - Happy December!

Bigknitter
12-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Jenn that is great - way to go!!

Welcome junkatarian!

I found out today that I will be running another half marathon in March! I'm starting my training tomorrow. I'm excited!

AFChick
12-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Hello everyone!

Sorry to hear how under the weather everyone's been. I seem to have escaped any bugs flying around...knock on keyboard.. :) .

I was TDY last week to the town where my parents live. We went out 3 nights in a row and it ended up being Mexican food all three times (not sure how that happened). I didn't lose any while I was gone, but did manage to drop a bit since I've been home.

I did have a nice surprise last week. My mom and I went to Khols one evening and I decided to try on clothes...usually NOT a good thing. There were some really cute shirts on clearance, but they only had them in Large, not XL. Surprise, surprise, not 1 but all 4 fit! YAY!!!!!! I then had the problem of picking which I liked, not just which one fit. I ended up buying 3 of the 4...actually the one I didn't buy was the only one in XL...it didn't look right...hee-hee!!!!

Well, I hope this week is 100% better for everyone!

mortonpixie
12-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Mornin' all :coffee:

Minus 13 and howling wind here this morning. DC Baby came in short sleeves, too small overalls, barefooted, no hat or mittens. I have clothes for him here - poor kid. It's also very icy on the roads. What if Mom's car went off the road and she had to carry him to safety?? He would loose a couple fingers and an ear lobe to frostbite, that's what. :mad::mad::mad:

So I weighed in today and am down .2 of a pound. My calorie deficit says I should have lost about 1.5lbs. I did start lifting weights this month, so I'm probably replacing that fat with muscle. Still. Frustrating. I am undeterred!! I WANT SMALLER PANTS!!

How's everyone else today?

ETA: WTG AFCHICK!!! Wooohooo!!! You rock, girl! Keep up the good work!

SamanthaJubilee
12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Holls = I feel your pain on the exercise "issue". I am a working "full time" mom. I am not single, but I'm not married to my children's father anymore and he lives over an hour away. It is so hard have 3 children all in different schools & activities and working full time 30 miles from home. I don't want to give up my evening "time" with my kids, but I also don't want to wake up at 4:30am to workout either.
They say that you need at least 7 hours of sleep each night...and a good nights sleep is supposed to be helpful in weight loss & stress reduction. So my day goes as follows.
I "wake up" at 5:30 to make sure my HighSchooler is up. *I am NOT a morning person* I doze off until 6 & get my elementary schoolers up & start assisting them with getting dressed as I get myself dressed...feed the dogs...let the dogs out...pick up as I run from room to room. Get them out the door at 7:10 and finish my makeup and scurry out the door by 7:20am. Work from 8 am - 5pm. Home by 6 (usually). Dinner @ 6:30 - 6:45 (if I'm lucky). We are done eating by 7:15 at the latest. Then the kiddos want to play. Chores are done before 8pm bath time (younger kids) and then bed at 8:30 for the younger & then I can get ready for bed (which I get in bed about 9:30) catch up on whatever & TV off by 10:30. It takes me 30 mins - 1.5 hrs to fall asleep. So I get about 6 hours of sleep (on average).

I know there are ways to fit it in, but I don't have the ability to workout during my lunch time (cause there really is not a place for me to "clean up" afterwards). I could go in the evenings, but I feel like I'm giving up time with my children (even though they are usually locked up in their room or playing at the neighbors). I just feel bad if I'm not there when/if they want to talk to me. :?:

SamanthaJubilee
12-14-2009, 02:24 PM
MP - I would like to give that parent a good talkin' to! That frustrates the crap outta me.

SamanthaJubilee
12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Christmas shopping - I got started this past weekend. Got a pretty good chunk of it done. We have to go tonight to get the few things they will need for school parties & maybe pick up a few "last minute" side gifts for special friends.
I only buy for MY children and maybe spending a little on the boyfriend.
If I get something for family/friends...I try to make it a hand made or home baked gift.

sbinkerd1
12-14-2009, 07:14 PM
It's going to be -12 degrees actual temp tonight... I wonder if wind chill will show up to the party too...

Violin Jenn
12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Mortonpixie...
Wow that poor little baby!! I'm no expert, but I myself would report his situation to Child Services. I'd think, that you as his daycare provider, would have leverage and a lot of credibility with them. It sounds like neglect to me. I feel for him and will say a prayer his mother gets some sense knocked into her.

Today is my rest day. I need it, my knees are killing me. I did Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism both Friday and Saturday!

Close2MyHeart
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Ok, so maybe my goal for this Christmas season needs to be maintaining. I simply cannot seem to get control over this. ARGH. Yes I do realize it's *ME* but what do I do when "me" doesn't care every now & then. *sigh*

junkatarian
12-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I got my exercising in today and it felt great! I walk on the treadmill and I've been doing it on and off for about 12 weeks now. My eating today has also been good, not great, but good. So I'm feeling like I had a good day.

Bigknitter- Wow, a half-marathon? VeryVery good!

SamanthaJubilee- Your schedule does sound very packed, one idea that came to mind is that maybe you could try doing shorter bouts of high intensity exercise, so that it takes up less time but still is burning a lot of caloires. I saw something about this on Dr. Oz I think it was.

Close2myheart- I think you have a very reasonable idea about Christmas and maintaining. It's a really hard time of year for everyone. In the grand scheme of things thinking of maintaining sounds very realistic.

SamanthaJubilee
12-15-2009, 10:19 AM
junkatarian - I thought about trying that, but in my situation it wouldn't be a very good idea. Tooooooo much to type out, but I have a thing about being clean. I will figure something out...I hope!

I did do well yesterday. :carrot: Stayed under 1750 calories & did this yogo program on my cable service (OnDemand). :p It was a cardio based yogo. Kinda went by a little too fast for a beginner. :dizzy: I had to rewind it a few times, cause she was way up there and I was 5 movements back. lol
I liked it, but right now I think I would just prefer to get on the treadmill and walk 3+ miles or get on the eliptical. I need to find a way to get to the gym!!!!!!!!!! :?:

mortonpixie
12-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Junkatarian - WTG Girl!! One day at a time, get that exercise in. Just for today!

Cloe2myHeart - I agree. Having a goal to not overindulge and to maintain is wonderful. We do what we can, when we can. Besides, who needs more pressure this time of year??

Jenn - you are my idol! I love that you get your exercise in at home on DVD. It really keeps it fresh and there are no excuses, huh? You are literally the Incredible Shrinking Woman on these boards.

Samantha - I'm proud of you for trying the cardio yoga. That sounds hard! Any movement is good movement, right?

Well, DC Baby came dressed better today. The actual temp here is -6. She had him in long sleeves and socks. Still no hat, but he was in a zippered bunting. I mentioned to her last night at pick-up time that since we play on the floor, he might get chilly in what he was wearing yesterday. I think she cares, she just needs a little push (cattle prod!).

We have cookies in the house! Our Church AWANA Christmas party is tomorrow night. Each family is to bring a dozen cookies. So...instead of baking my own (eating raw cookie dough, making more than a dozen) I bought a dozen from the store. I think overall it's a better choice for my diet. Though the cookies came in packages of TEN! So I had to buy TWO!! I handed out 3 of them for snack time and am just reminding myself that it's 120 cals of NO GOOD. ;)

DH is off on Tuesdays, so it's running to dentist appointments and such. Our neighbor invited our school aged kids to be a part of her "Home Schooler Christmas Party". They are going to make gingerbread houses! All I'm doing is supplying drinks - I am so grateful to her for her support with the home schooling thing. It's tough sometimes and I'm very new at it as this is our first year.

Enough out of me!!

AFChick
12-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Sounds like everyone is working hard on exercise! Great job! Keep it up! It's hard this time of year. I just keep reminding myself that the average American gains 10 pounds over the holidays. If I just maintain, I'm doing much better than average...if I lose anything, I'm doing awesome. You are all doing awesome too...you are doing good things for you and your body. Your body will thank you later when you avoid the weight related diseases later in life!

SamanthaJubilee - I don't have enough time to shower at lunch either. I go for a relatively long, slow walk. Not enough to break a sweat, but I still burn a couple of hundred calories and don't go out to eat for lunch. I do my hard workouts after work. I also just made small changes to my day. If I need to ask someone something, I go talk to them instead of sending an email 100 yards away. I also started walking to the restroom at the other end of the building instead of the one by my desk. Every little bit helps. Even just 200 calories, 5 days a week is an extra pound lost per month.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Violin Jenn
12-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Jenn is my hero! Big loss and finished shopping today. Treat yourself to a mani-pedi, girl!!

I did treat myself over the weekend, but not a mani-pedi(i'm a nail and cuticle biter and bare feet and toes just give me the willies).

I did buy myself 2 new cd's (music makes up 50% of my life force) over the last two weekends though. Shakira's new one She Wolf (loving this cd) and Lady Gaga (a double cd of her debut and the newest release) both are excellent for working out! Can't wait till spring when I can get outdoors again and rollerblade and jog to them!

AFChick
12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
The scale depressed me this morning...it said I gained 2 of the 2.2 pounds I lost yesterday.... :( . Oh well, I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday, but WII fit gripes at me if I don't :D . OK, I'm cheering myself back up...it's good to vent. This site is great for that.

Enough about me, how's everyone else today?

junkatarian
12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for your encouragement and support! I got in some exercising again today. If I can really stick with this for the long haul it will be such a good thing for my health. I hope so!

Mortonpixie - Good for you with making smart choices with the cookies! Cookies are a weakness of mine, baking cookies would do me in too.

AFChick - Yeah my scale can do that too - say a I lost one day and the next say I'm way more. And I noticied a couple times when it was up I would start feeling down and then that would lead to a sense of frustration, then overeating. So I really avoid weighing myself frequently. Can you maybe weigh yourself cause you have to for the WII fit, but not look at the actual number? Just an idea.

sbinkerd1
12-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Down to 233 pounds this morning. 2 more pounds to go to the first mini goal and 25% of my total weight loss goal.

Violin Jenn
12-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi Ladies,

Think I'm getting a cold. :( Itchy scratchy eyes, runny nose, achy sinus', lethargy. Going to bed early tonight and hopefully some rest will help. I'll still keep working out as long as I can cause I heard it actually helps to fight off illnesses. But the minute I feel like total crap-o-la I'm taking an extra rest day.

Have a good one!!

Jenn

mortonpixie
12-16-2009, 10:20 PM
junkatarian - good job, girl. One day of exercise at a time.
sbinkerd - awesome, dood!! I'm proud of ya!!
Jenn - sorry you are run down. Darned old winter anyway. Your smart to keep up your routine.

I ended up eating 2 of those blasted cookies yesterday. Had to open up one package of 10 to give some to the kids (we only needed a dozen and drat, some of them can count!) So while they were open, I had one...then another. Sugar just opens that door for me! :( Boo.

So this morning, I put them all on a decorative plate and wrapped them with seran and stuck them in the fridge. I've been feeling a little crazy this week, so I just needed to get them out of sight.

Hoping for exercise tomorrow. Last night I went to be at 9 - feeling like Jenn, just itchy, scratchy, cold like. Tonight we had the kids Christmas party at church. Definitely tomorrow night.

Who all's weighing in on our Biggest Loser thread tomorrow? :D

AFChick
12-16-2009, 11:24 PM
MP: I'll be weighing in tomorrow...hopefully it's back down from today's up weight. Sounds like the cookies are being a real pain. I try to avoid them because I can never eat just one. I've been known to throw stuff away because the only place I absolutely won't cheat from is the trash can... :) . Hopefully you can do better than me.

sbinkerd1: Congrats on the loss! That's great!

Sounds like alot of folks are under the weather. Get some rest and take your vitamins. I will say a prayer for everyone to feel better soon.

Have a great night!

Bigknitter
12-17-2009, 08:11 AM
I haven't had much time to get in here so I'm trying to catch up with everything.

Jenn I'm sorry you're not feeling good, that really stinks :( I hope it looks up soon.

MP at least you stopped at 2 cookies! And that isn't really all that bad I don't think. For me it could have been A LOT worse :lol:

sbinknerd way to go! You are so close to your goal, that is great!!

I've been having a pretty good week, I finally dragged myself outside yesterday for a 2 mile run and it was really nice. It was cold though, 40 degrees here and I realized I don't have the right gear to be running outside all winter so I did a little shopping for some base layers and a cute top. It so goes against my grain but I've been waiting to shower until I work out, sometimes that is as late as 2 pm. Somehow it is working though, and I'm getting some exercise in every day. Anyway!

I hope everyone sees that I made a thread just for Biggest Loser weigh ins :)

squeak351
12-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Maintaining is a good plan for the Holiday season. I am still dealing with the massive gain from the steriods and I don't want to maintain but loose.
DD is still having headaches and goes back to the ENT next Tuesday. FIL is up and walking but still not the same person he was before the stroke. Not much else to report.
Tomorrow we are out of school for Christmas break. We are dismissed at 10 am. I am not sure why they make us work for 2 hours. Silly.. i am not taking DD to school. It will make my day go much smoother. Nothing worse than a pre-teen in the mornings! lol I am gonna leave her in the bed and have a peaceful morning for once.

Ya'll have a great day and keep up the great work.

AFChick
12-17-2009, 10:25 AM
The scale was bad to me again this morning...I think it's hormones...I will just keep on with my plan and maybe step up the workouts a bit to get out of this slump. 190 seems to be a big wall for me. The last time I lost weight, I got to 190 and then stuck there before rebounding. I'm going to break through it this time. I thought I had a couple of days ago when I hit 189, but it didn't stick. If I keep going though, my body has to cooperate at some point, because I control it's food supply...:D .

My kids have school next week on Monday. I'm sure they will get a whole lot done with all the kids having Christmas-itis :), but it gives me an extra day to get my Christmas crafting finished. I'm making alot of gifts and their not done yet...so I took the whole week off even though they have school Monday.

Hope everyone has a great day!

mortonpixie
12-17-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm going to break through it this time. I thought I had a couple of days ago when I hit 189, but it didn't stick. If I keep going though, my body has to cooperate at some point, because I control it's food supply...:D .

I like your attitude! I hate "hovering" around one certain number. I don't normally count the tenths of a pound that show on the scale and try to focus on whole numbers. :p

I just want to say how absolutely blessed I am to have this board. You all are SUCH an encouragement to me. I am at home with kids all day and having you all to "chat" with helps. Sometimes when you are alone, you eat just because no one can see you. I know that if I participate here, someone can 'see' me. ;)

:hug:

lauralyn
12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Ugh, I want to break 150 so badly before Christmas but today I weighed in at 152. Well, there is always next Thursday, maybe that will be my Christmas present to myself! ;)

SamanthaJubilee
12-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Well GOOOOD Morning!

I weighed in for the 30's BL Challenge...down 3 lbs!
I'm proud of myself. I've stayed under 1700 calories each day. I worked out Monday. Went to the gym Tuesday night :carrot: (thanks to my boyfriend) and last night I played Bunko (which we are VERY active at!) ;).
I was bad this morning and stopped at McD's for a sausage egg & cheese biscuit. It was SOOO good :devil:, but I felt bad afterwards cause I know it was far to many calories. :(
I will just have to watch what I eat today and make darn sure I get some exercise in tonight.
I have been fighting the demons :devil: that keep telling me to eat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies & all that bad stuff. It is just sooo hard not to follow that voice! :mad:

shrewkate
12-17-2009, 12:45 PM
*Waves* Heya. Sorry for quiet -- I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Would that this were true, I'd have not eaten for a bit and had a better 30-something TBL report for this week.

Good thing I've got NSV of work (broke the 60% mark on thesis! Yay!), otherwise I'd be horribly, horribly bummed.

H8 TOM.

H8 TOS (time of Semester)

Mind -- it -is- the holidays. If I get out of them without gaining, I won't be too bummed.

Must now go find hamster wheel and get back on it. In lieu of wheel, pls to accept comp & book.

:comp::book2:

bensempress
12-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Just think, the holidays will be in the past and we'll be able to focus more on our goals in just a few weeks lol... the Thanksgiving and Christmas season is pretty darn long!

SamanthaJubilee
12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Ugh...somethings gotta give. I'm sitting here trying to work and all I can think about is eating some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. :mad:

Bigknitter
12-18-2009, 12:00 PM
So I made cookies on Tuesday for my dd's school friends, took the remainder to my knitting group later on except for 3 of them. One is broken so I don't eat it :lol: The other two are still sitting in a basket. I think about eating one every day but I just never end up actually doing it. I'm pretty sure that I won't eat them, so I'm wondering if I should just toss them or keep them around to see how long I will resist them. I just think it's funny that I have thought about it every single day but never go and get one. Two weeks ago I would have eaten all three and then some in one night!

We are heading out of town tomorrow for an overnight getaway, there will be some alcohol involved and maybe one dinner out but I'm going to do my best to not eat total crap and not have too many drinks. I'm still hanging out around 149 and I want to keep it that way! I'm going to do my 'regular' weigh-in tomorrow instead of Sunday so that I don't have to see a gain if one happens. Too depressing :lol:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

AFChick
12-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I had a happier day yesterday afternoon. I had to take a "practice" fitness test for my job. Since I had lost 1.5 inches in my waist (giving me an extra 9 points yay!), and I always max out push-up and sit-ups, I needed 40 points (out of 50) on the 1.5 mile run. Based on my age, I had to run it in 14:24 to get that. I ran it in 14:25...meaning I missed a passing score by 1 second! :mad: UGH!!!! :mad: That part stunk, but since it was a practice, there were no negative consequences. But the good part was that I know I'm so close to being able to pass, that I can see the light! :carrot::carrot::carrot: I don't have to test for real until the end of January, so I should be able to knock it out of the park if I keep up what I'm doing until then.

I smiled all last night! :D:D:D:D

Bigknitter
12-18-2009, 12:10 PM
AFChick that is awesome!! You rock :)

Violin Jenn
12-19-2009, 11:44 AM

Well today was once again weigh in day. l lost .4lb, so it's not what I would have liked but after losing so much the last two weeks and having not felt well I'll take it. A loss is a loss and puts me that much closer to better health!

I took an extra rest day yesterday, took my car to the mechanics after work panicked that I had a major leak, but was blessed they found nothing! After that I hit the Super Wal-Mart across the way for a few basic groceries to get me through the weekend. It was a zoo! LOL! Here in the Philadelphia area we are currently experiencing a snow storm. The I95 corridor near Philadelphia(where I live) is expecting 15"-25" of snow by 6am tomorrow! YAY!! I love snow on the weekends cause I don't have to drive in it. Bonus-shoveling out my parking spot at my apt complex is a bonus workout!!!

Thankfully, I am feeling much better!! I went to bed early last night and slept in as long as my dog would let me and feel great!!!

Have a good one!

sbinkerd1
12-20-2009, 07:07 PM
so on wednesday (my Friday), I decided that I had been really good lately and wanted to cheat a little. I had a 6 pack of beer. Long story short. I gained back 4 pounds over night, and have been working to get rid of them since. I will not do that again! well at least till I make to maintenance weight.

Mollz
12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I hate December. It's the worst month in the world for me!! Lots of baking to do, lots of opportunities to try the batter and erm, test for, erm, quality. Yeah, quality. ;)

But, having said that, there have been little signs of encouragement; I can pull on one of my pairs of 16s without having to unbutton and unzip (I feel awesome about that), one of the trainers at the gym says that she's noticing a difference with my new routine (that felt pretty good, coming from a woman who wants to gain weight since she's so little) and today, another woman at the gym said I was looking really good (of course, she and I perv on the guys when we're on the bikes- makes the routine go by so much faster).

I started my couch to 5K program- I'm on Week 4, Day 1 and feel that I might actually be able to run 20 minutes by the end of next week (coincidentally, New Year's Day). This is an awesome program for people who aren't sure how or where to start running. I've even got my hubby starting it in 2010. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml If I can get him working out, then maybe I can encourage him to do a little more working out and get buff for his 40th this year. ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

And hubby also said that we may be going home next year for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. :D Got to get those last 15kg/33 pounds off and show my rellies that I'm not the fat, lazy slob they always said I was.

Close2MyHeart
12-21-2009, 08:01 AM
That Couch to 5 K program is great. :tu I tried it a few years ago & loved it, but found I hate running. *blush* I may try again in the summer. I can't run in the cold well.

mortonpixie
12-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey Mollz - welcome back, girl! And don't go hating on December, my birthday is coming up. ;) The C25K is a very workable program. Watch out - road racing is addictive!

Well, I got on the scale again this morning and after pushing water all day yesterday, I managed to pee off almost a pound of that weight I put on with poor eating habits.

We are expecting a huge winter storm here later today. We are forcast to have about an inch of ice then 6 inches of snow. My sis is coming up early from KC and will be here this morning. I hope my mom can make it from central NE.

One of my DC parents brought me a gift today. A nice card with a picture of her and her little boy, an ornament with the kids pic in it (SO cute!) and a gift card to Shopko. After she left I looked at the gift card - $100!!! OMG! I don't know what to say! Quite the gift, indeed.

SamanthaJubilee
12-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Anyone know where I can buy some willpower? Blast you stinkin holiday eating!!!!

Mollz
12-22-2009, 07:49 PM
MortonPixie- yes, the C25K is getting addictive. I never thought I could run and I wasn't sure how to. I've heard some people on 3FC talking about it, so decided to look it up. I'm getting there; Week 4, Day 2. Exhausted, but feel good! And I went for a hard as bike ride afterwards!

December can't be all that bad if its your birthday! :) But I hate the baking (I can't eat any of it!) and the shopping (it's hard when you can't really afford the presents you're buying!).

SamanthaJubilee- when you find a store, ask if they do international shipping! ;)

Weight stayed the same as yesterday, even though I felt that I did REALLY well and tracked everything I ate. WTF? Maybe now that I don't have any more to do, it'll go away? I haven't seen 87.2 (a 4 pound gain for me!) for at least 2 months. Here's hoping it'll come off after Christmas.

mortonpixie
12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Morning Chicks!

We are expecting yet another winter storm here. Ice first, then 6in of snow! My sis came early and is testing my patience. It's 10:30am and she's still snoozing away. I was up feeding the baby about 1am and she was just going to bed. STILL - if she didn't fall asleep til 2am she's been in the rack long enough. The kids are all chomping at the bit for Aunt Amy to get up and asking what she's going to do with them today. I dont KNOW!! I've been up since 6:30 feeding, washing dishes, dressing, changing diapers, making meals, and planning for tomorrow - leave me ALONE!!

Okay. Rant over. Hubs bought me some M&M's Premium and I am saving them till naptime. I'll have 10 and read my book - yay!

Violin Jenn
12-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Merry Christmas Ladies!!!!:tree::present:

I say on Christmas....calories be buggered! We'll be back on track the 26th!!

junkatarian
12-26-2009, 01:26 PM
So how is everyone? Did we make it through Christmas okay?

I haven't gotten on the scale in a couple of weeks because I am very afraid of what it's going to say - but I can't hide out forever. My eating has been uncontrolled and I also slacked off on exercise during the last several days. But there is a new week ahead of me and a new year is on it's way too! No better time than now to get back on track and stay there.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

squeak351
12-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas. Sorry I've been MIA yet again. DD has been sick, AGAIN and guess who else has had a sinus infection again as well..... yours trully. That's another round of antibiotics and another round of steriods. I need to make an appt with a ENT but have to wait until after my insurance gets switched over.
DD went back again to her ENT and he has no idea how to help her. At this point they are sending her for more allergy testing. She's already done that and had shots for five or six years. He can't figure out why she is still having headaches. Very frustrated with her being sick and me too. :(

On a better note we had a great Christmas with no major meltdowns. I ended up with some pretty nice stuff from DH which is surprising because he can't pick out gifts too well. Mostly I enjoyed just being with family, playing games and celebrating our saviors birth.

Diet is not going well at all. Being sick yet again and on steriods that drive me crazy and make me feel like I MUST eat has gotten me way up on the dreaded scale. I have tried to reign in myself to no avail and at this point I really need some accountability. I am not sure what I am gonna do.

Violin Jenn
12-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I had a good Christmas despite being alone. My parents and older sister live in Florida (sister is about 45 min away from parents. Parents moved there when my dad retired about 5years ago) My brother and I have in the past driven down, but the economy has hit me really hard financially and being employed as a temp(still! I've been temping for this one organization since May4th!), I could not afford to lose the pay. I'm already losing enough with them closed on Xmas eve and closed at 3pm on the 23rd. But I've made many financial changes, enough that I'm sure Suze Orman say you're gonna be fine!

But anyway, my sis sent a package with a few small gifts from her and my parents so that I'd have something on Xmas, my brother gave me his gift before he left. My sister made some pretty jewelery for me (bead work), cd's from my brother (ZZ Top and Bon Jovi), and my parents got me a workout dvd that I've been wanting..The Kettlebell Goddess Workout!! Now all I need to buy that kettlebell. I'll be starting with one 15lb, then as I get stronger I can add a second 15lb bell. Anyhoo they say there is more they are sending up with my brother.

It was hard for this Christmas season because "friends" that I've had, didn't bother to even send an email saying Merry Christmas. One of them live 20min away the other 5min! I called these ladies friends, but now I see them for who they are. When I'm back on my feet $$ wise, I'll get back into doing things with Meetup.com and get back to school. Between those two I think that will help me find a whole new set of friends I can count on.

Diet wise.....Ummm NOT Good! I did get in a workout today. Jillian Michaels 30ds level 1 w/ 5lb hand weights rather than 3lbs followup with BL Cardio Max level 1. I was out of breath and drenched with sweat! Felt great.

Though I need to say as this year draws to a close, I am extremely greatful for all you ladies! You've been better friends to me than those others I was calling friends!:hug: Thank You!

bensempress
12-27-2009, 03:10 AM
I told myself I was going to be strong and I was... until xmas eve :(

I sabatoged myself! I have no idea of the weight because I don't weigh in again until next Thursday but I'll be happy to stay where I'm at (or was at last weigh in on xmas eve morning, I should say).

I thought a lot about my self sabatoge and got to thinking about how I've never seen myself anything but "heavy"... I've been overweight my whole life!

Maybe I'm afraid to do this? Because I certainly have a hard time visualizing myself thin. Anyway- this is definately a process that's changing my life by the way I think, the way I feel and the way I live my life but it's hard work!

My 33rd bday is Jan 13th, man I am getting old... anyway I hope everyone enjoys the remaining days of December.

junkatarian
12-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Squek - I can relate to where you are at. Just a month or so ago everyone in the house took turns being sick and there was also a big scare regarding my bf's health. My diet just went out the window because my focus had to be on just getting through the day and taking care of others. I didnt feel like I would ever get back on track, but fortunatly now we are in good health for the most part. It will get better!

Wifey
12-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Hiya ladies! :wave:

I'm back! :D

Glad to see some familiar faces around here!

I'm FINALLY stress-free! Stupid french class!!! :mad:
I'm so happy to be back and can't wait to catch up with all of you! :hug:

DH and I had a pretty crazy, busy Xmas holiday. His parents had a break-in on Boxing Day...just lost some jewellery and a bit of $$$...thankfully that was all. That was the only hiccup!

Got to sleep in a bit and enjoy life...it was nice and now it's over... :rofl:

I've finally started exercising again! :dance: DH and I are trying to go swimming twice a week and I'm trying to get myself back into a routine with walking the dog. I think I'll be hitting the gym in the New Year! ;)

I hope that you all had a happy and healthy holiday!!! :D

mortonpixie
12-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Squeak - been thinking of you and wondering how you are. Sure pray that DD gets some relief, and that 2010 is better for your family.

Jenn - Your post reminds me of some things that my hubs has told me about his "past life". We didn't get married until he was 38. His family wanted him to be a priest and his friends though he might be gay! :D Ha!! He says he was lonely sometimes, but knew that God had a plan for him. He is also a bit shy and spent much time reading, building his computers, and gaming. I am soo blessed that he waited for me! I pray peace for you this season. :hug:

bensempress - you are SO close to Onederland!! Keep going - we can do it!!

Junkatarian - glad you are all feeling better! That makes a world of difference!

I had my 34th birthday yesterday! I ended up having the day off work, and it was nice to stay home and hang out with just my kiddos. Hubs got me a card and a $10 YoVille gift card. I play that game, but have never spent actual money on it. It was nice to get a gift that was totally silly and that I wouldn't get myself.

The scale was down 1.6 yesterday. I really used a TON of restraint at Christmas dinner. I focused on the yummy ham my SIL made and only had what sweets I absolutely love. I had made a German Chocolate Cake (with coconut pecan filling) *love* so had some of that.

Anybody else purging the house of snacks after the 1st!? Yikes! We have a ton of popcorn, candy canes, and other little items that we DON'T need!!

SamanthaJubilee
12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Ok...I'm nervous. Going back to college is scary for me. I've started and stopped so many times. I want to do it, but things keep happening and I just can't do school & be a full time mom & full time employee. Pray for me!

AFChick
12-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Hello ladies (and one gent)!

sorry I've been MIA for a whole week. I had a crazy Christmas. We were traveling to my grandma's (supposed to be on Wed), but my nephews flight was cancelled, so we had to go pick them up on our way to my grandma's because they could only get a flight to Memphis (luckily on our route) to get anywhere near us by Christmas, so we had to leave a day early. So I had one less day to shop for all the food for 13 people for 3 days and then pack it all. My husband and I weren't speaking to each other come bed time the day before we left.

Then my grandma kept forgetting when we were doing things and kept changing meals around. We were staying in condos near her house and she was cooking the ham and we were doing all the sides and bringing them over. We discovered 3 hours before dinner that she forgot to cook the ham! I was a basket case before we ate that night. :dizzy: I was in tears at one point. Then on the way home, a major family squabble broke out between my brother and nephews. We got home Saturday and then my in-laws got to our house for Christmas, phase II. :p

I had to work today and will work Thursday...it was kind of a break...

The scale...still gaining/losing the same 2 pounds...lost 0.4 over Christmas and gained it right back on my anniversary...so still hovering at 191...:( Over Christmas, we had nothing but cold rain, so outside workouts were a bust...and I had no gym available at my grandma's....

Oh well, back at the gym this week. Ran at home yesterday...

Hope everyone has an awesome new year!

mortonpixie
12-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Sending the prayers on up for you Samantha. Been there, done that - it's tough! One thing at a time, girl - you can do it!!

AFChick - I missed you! Sounds like you have done well to hover and not plunge headlong into a bag of chips and dip! I hear ya about going to work being a kind of break...your family sounds like mine! We were all snowed in here for several days...sigh...never been so glad to see them all leave.

:hug: :hug:

BeachBreeze2010
12-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Hello everyone! I am a newbie. I turned 30 this year so here I am on the 30 board. It still seems odd to me. Although in many ways, I indentify with other women in thier 30s so much more than those in thier 20s. I have two little girls, 8 and 9 and am living the suburban dream. House, full-time career, youth cheerleading, basketball, the whole 9 yards. We had our girls so young, that my 20s were full of diapers and my college textbooks. I am excited for the new decade now that I have finished school and the girls are more independent. I am ready to make this decade about getting healthy and enjoying life outside of the solitude of infants and school!

Samantha ~ I fully recognize the irony of what I am going to say. I am on a forum discussing weight loss and the lifestyle changes and commitments it takes for success while offering advice for college. It's the same thing, hun. You have to decide that you are worth it, that it is your priority even above time with your family and friends, that it's an investment that everyone will benefit from and don't let other things stop you. Set yourself up for success. I worked as a receptionist for a while at a job where they understood and would let me read and study as long as I could answer the phone. I spent many evenings on the computer until wee hours of the morning doing homework. I am still catching up on TV shows from the mid 2000's that I missed. I didn't get to participate in all of the things I wanted to with my friends and even my girls. But now, we have more financial independence and I can buy them the things they want for Christmas. I have the time now to jump into thier activites with two feet. I made the choice to have children (not really, but you know what I mean) before I graduated and so this comes with it. I have so much more confidence in my abilities now with an accomplishment under my belt. Please decide to go to school and stay with it - it's soooo worth it!!

sockmonkey
12-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Good morning all!

BeachBreeze: I'm actually 29...I'll be 30 in May, but like you said, I feel like I have much more in common with the ladies in their 30s vs. the ladies in their 20s. Good luck to you!!

Samantha: You can do it! It's tough but manageable and having a good support system helps. I decided earlier this year to make a career change which meant me going back to school. Currently, I am in the corporate world and am no longer enjoying it. I have always wanted to be in the medical field, so I've decided to become a nurse! Big change for me! I work full-time, have an 18 month old, and went back to school last semester. I took 9 hrs. I took 6 hours online which helped a lot! For some reason though, it's easier this time around for me. My focus and drive are sooo different than when I was 18, 19, 20, 21...Good luck to you!!!

SamanthaJubilee
12-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the motivation BB & sockmonkey.
I know that it is going to be a HUGE change. I just don't want to take away from my kids. I feel so guilty even going to the gym (leaving them at the childcare). What I'm really nervous about is juggling softball (all 3 will play) in with all this mess.

Oh well...time to put on my big girl panties and deal with it!

:book2: :write: :cheer: :club: :lifter: :ebike:

Marjolein
12-29-2009, 01:47 PM
30! I dunno.......it's nothing special, right?
Yet.....why do I feel weird about it at times? Especially when I see most women around me having kids, being pregnant or having been mothers for a while.
I'm 30 and I don't have kids, I would love to have them, but I was single till 22 months ago. Hopefully the BF and I will move into a bigger house in 2010 and we can finally start a family, but still. I feel I'm missing out.

That combined with the fact that I'm rather overweight......I want to loose quite some weight before I get pregnant. I want to get healthier and fitter before I get pregnant. So I really should step up now and get my butt into gear again. I've got a goal to reach!

Mollz
12-29-2009, 03:12 PM
30! I dunno.......it's nothing special, right?
Yet.....why do I feel weird about it at times? Especially when I see most women around me having kids, being pregnant or having been mothers for a while.
I'm 30 and I don't have kids, I would love to have them, but I was single till 22 months ago. Hopefully the BF and I will move into a bigger house in 2010 and we can finally start a family, but still. I feel I'm missing out.

That combined with the fact that I'm rather overweight......I want to loose quite some weight before I get pregnant. I want to get healthier and fitter before I get pregnant. So I really should step up now and get my butt into gear again. I've got a goal to reach!

I'm with you on that Marjolein! I'm 30 with no kids but want kids; hubby's nearly 40 and doesn't want kids so late in life. I want to lose the weight before I think about getting up the duff. ;)

I'm getting a bit jealous of all my mates, sisters and colleagues who are 30 and have had kids for a little while now. It's my turn, dammit!

Marjolein
12-29-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm with you on that Marjolein! I'm 30 with no kids but want kids; hubby's nearly 40 and doesn't want kids so late in life. I want to lose the weight before I think about getting up the duff. ;)

I'm getting a bit jealous of all my mates, sisters and colleagues who are 30 and have had kids for a little while now. It's my turn, dammit!

Indeed! I feel the same way!
Such a shame your hubby doesn't want kids. My Bf is 35 and he finally admitted that he does want kids. But no more than 2! I'm ok with that, even though I would have loved to have 4! But that was when I was 25 and sill thought I would be a mother at 26/27.
I'm jealous too. I get so broody whenever friends or people at work bring their cute babies!
Then again....we're properly grown up now, we can be really good mothers! ;)

Marjolein

AFChick
12-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I had my kids at 27 and 29, so you guys aren't "old" by any stretch. Have the kids when you are ready. I would recommend getting to a good weight where you feel happy with yourself first though. I was at the top end of healthy weight when I got pregnant and gained 65 lbs with kid 1, had just lost it and then got pregnant with kid 2 and gained 67 pounds. It's tough to take off post kids, so get to a good starting point and never believe that you are "eating for 2". :)

Mollz
12-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Indeed! I feel the same way!
Such a shame your hubby doesn't want kids. My Bf is 35 and he finally admitted that he does want kids. But no more than 2! I'm ok with that, even though I would have loved to have 4! But that was when I was 25 and sill thought I would be a mother at 26/27.
I'm jealous too. I get so broody whenever friends or people at work bring their cute babies!
Then again....we're properly grown up now, we can be really good mothers! ;)

Marjolein

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. I haven't grown up yet, though there are times for "mature, serious" me, but those are few and far between! :D

What DH won't know won't hurt him and when I'm finished losing my weight this year, I'm going to get myself pregnant :o I mean, I'll get pregnant with his help, but won't let him know my nefarious plan. I'll visit the ob/gyn on my own, get all my pills together (I don't have cycles on my own, I need help) and then get up the duff.

Disclaimer: We've discussed kids in the past, which he said he wants them, but he just wishes he did it earlier.

mortonpixie
12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
All this talk about making babies is making me wanna...hear about your guys' babies!!

Four is enough for me, and having these last two 23 months apart was NUTS! I'm on the mini-pill while BF'ing and I don't have cycles. I'm constantly afraid that I'm actually preggers again and don't know it. Having #4 was so difficult that I would cry for a week if I found out we were having another...ahem...surprise!

bensempress
12-30-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm 32 and I have 1... he's 16 already and about to graduate high school in 2.5 years.

I did it wayyy early and envy those who are old enough to realize what you might be missing if you're not careful... he is the love of my life and I kind of chuckle at the fact that at 32 I could have another, when I'm almost done raising the one I had so many years ago.... so strange to really think about.

Marjolein
12-30-2009, 04:35 AM
What DH won't know won't hurt him and when I'm finished losing my weight this year, I'm going to get myself pregnant :o I mean, I'll get pregnant with his help, but won't let him know my nefarious plan. I'll visit the ob/gyn on my own, get all my pills together (I don't have cycles on my own, I need help) and then get up the duff.

Disclaimer: We've discussed kids in the past, which he said he wants them, but he just wishes he did it earlier.

Naughty you! ;)
I do understand where he's coming from, though, my Bf said the same thing. A couple of years back he was really into them, but now he isn't as much, but because I want to have them, he'll 'join in' the fun! LOL

@bensempress, wow! 16 already! I teach 16 year old kids and I'm 30....*imagining me being their mother.....shudder* Respect to you. Really. 16 year olds can be vile! LOL Not all of them are of course...

I've wanted kids since I was 19, so I'm pretty desperate by now. Yet I have also embraced the fact tat it will happen in it's own good time. It just wasn't a good time before now. Hopefully in a year time it will be the right time.

Any other 'problems' now that we are in our 30-ies?

Marjolein

Wifey
12-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Wow...I'm 32 now and my DH and I are just planning to start a family soon. I'm the oldest of four kids so I sorta know what the madness can be like, so kudos to those of you who are currently raising small children! My plan: two kids MAX! :rofl:

AFChick
12-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Two is definitely enough for me...I wanted 2 girls originally, had boy #1...said "OK, a boy and girl"....had boy #2 and said "Two boys is great! We're done!". Six weeks after he was born I called and made an appointment for DH to get "snipped". The person on the appointment line LOL'd that I called. :shrug: I leave nothing to chance...:D.

My boys are now 7 and 9, are way out of diapers, don't need constant (close) supervision, and we have a lot of fun with them. I can honestly say they are the best part of my life and I think I had them at the right time for me. I had just finished my master's degree when I got pregnant the first time.

I've heard of people who got snipped suddenly having a surprise several years later...I think I would faint, then slap my DH silly if that happened...;).

mortonpixie
12-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Happy Last Day of 2009 everyone!

I have an appointment today to have my SI joint injected with cortisone. It's the joint that holds your back and your hips together and it opens up when you are preggers. Anyway - I've been having trouble since our youngest was born and this is another thing to try...after physical therapy...chiropratic...waiting... I'm kind of scared. I hope it doesn't make it worse.

Hubs is home today to take me - my Mom is coming from out west to watch the kiddos. Also, she is bringing the Half Beef I purchased from a guy out there. Every year about this time we get some beef from a farmer who raises them without antibiotics. We have to spend a chunk up front, but it equals out to about $2/lb for everything from t-bone steaks to ground beef. With the price of beef, we have been eating Veg for a while.

Hope you all have a great day! And if you're the praying kind, could you add me and my injection to your list. I'm pretty apprehensive. Thanks!

AFChick
12-31-2009, 10:23 AM
MP: I will definitely be praying for you. I had my wrist injected with cortisone a few years ago. It didn't help me...I really hope it helps you though.

Good on you for ordering beef with no antibiotics! I think all the stuff they add to our food supply anymore is part of why it is so difficult to lose weight...they add stuff to make the animals bigger and then we eat it...hmmm....makes you wonder, huh? Everyone around me thinks I'm a fanatic about food additives...but hey, I'm looking out for my babies, so I'm OK with it...:)

Violin Jenn
12-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Jenn - Your post reminds me of some things that my hubs has told me about his "past life". We didn't get married until he was 38. His family wanted him to be a priest and his friends though he might be gay! :D Ha!! He says he was lonely sometimes, but knew that God had a plan for him. He is also a bit shy and spent much time reading, building his computers, and gaming. I am soo blessed that he waited for me! I pray peace for you this season. :hug:

Thanks Andrea!::hug: I often remind myself of exactly what you said about your husband that God had a plan for him. Everyday I remind myself that "God has a plan for me and will always put me where I need to be when I need to be there and not a second before" Somedays are harder because I do suffer from SAD and PMDD so the depression hits me hard, but I don't like anti-depressant meds so for me being aware of those times, reminding myself of that phrase and exercise(love those endorphins) are the best meds for me.

Good news ladies!! I got on the scale this morning to see the damage. For 2 weeks I haven't exercised and blew the diet on Xmas. BUT I only gained .2lbs!!! Tomorrow I get back on track with the diet. I also haven't heard a word at the temp job so I'm emailing the recruiters I've got on standby and letting them know it's time to move forward! I'm also going to start looking for a part time job for the weekends. I need extra $$ to pay for the car repairs I found out about Tues, new water pump and fan tensioner thingy= $350!! Pricey, but all ware and tear stuff so far. Heck I got 132,000 miles out of my original water pump!!! Not bad! So hopefully the second job will also help me get the rest of my down payment together for a new car when the time comes.

A Happy and Healthy New Year to You and Yours!!:newyear::newyear:

I plan on hitting my goal this year! Only approx 27lbs to go!!

Marjolein
01-02-2010, 10:22 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :hat::dancer::woohoo::cheer2::yay:

The Bf and I started afresh yesterday and so far we are doing good. Even my BF was really thinking about his eating at the supermarket today. I was surprised at what he picked out, it was rather good.

I've made a whole new Food Journal in a lovely hard cover folder. I plan tho write all my food and exercise in there, but also collect nice recipes.

How was New Year's Eve? How have you started the new year?

Marjolein