Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Default ~*Weekly Chat Nov. 29 - Dec. 5 *~

Sorry, this is a day late. I wasn't on much yesterday. Congrats to everyone who lost last week! Good job!!! Also, congrats to the ones that had a NSV and did not overeat all the wonderful Thanksgiving goodies! (Me included!..whoohoo)

This week may be tough for me. I just got laid-off from work today. So, now I'll be home more often and I always tend to snack more when I'm at home. I will just have to find something to occupy my hands and mind so I don't get bored and want to munch. Also, since I won't have my pay, I won't be able to afford good healthy snacks. Why does healthy foods have to cost so much???!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

I would like to start joining in on the CC weekly chats...I think this is a very good idea!!!

Shauna...I'm so sorry to hear about your lay off...I can't even start to imagine what I would do if it happened to me...and I would have the same problem as you of keeping my hands off the food! I work 10days on and 4 days off and on my 4 off, I have to keep myself occupied or I get "hungry" every 1-2hrs...but if I keep busy, then I don't even think about eating...

AND I totally agree about the healthy snacks...why must they cost so much??? Healthy eating is definitely not cheap!!!

Today was a good day for me...as I stated in the CC Christmas Challenge, I'm down to 190.4...very exciting...back in Aug. 2006 I was down to 188 or 189 and started climbing to 230 by 2008...So getting below 189 will be sooo AWESOME...work was really slow this evening, but I only had one piece of candy...1 peppermint patty for 30cal! PLUS, I still have 171 remaining...as I said above, when I'm bored, I tend to graze! lol Wanting to eat everything in sight...

Well I look forward to checking in every day or so to see what's up with everyone! SHAUNA---good luck and I hope everything works out for ya!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #3  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I was so happy that I managed to lose a pound over this last week. So it's a good thing. I'm about to go out and do the final fall clean up on my yard. The last of the leaves are finally off the trees. So that will take all afternoon.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #4  

I'm at work...getting ready to eat dinner...baked chicken breast that I marinated in FF Italian Dressing and Baked Sweet Potatoes that I cut into cubes, sprayed w/olive oil cooking spray, and sprinkled w/season salt...MMM! I LOVE baked sweet potatoes...especially when they get just a little burnt on the edges of the cubes!! lol DH & I tried them this past weekend with a packet of Lipton's Onion Soup mix + Olive Oil then baked for 40-50min...MMM they were good too....it's getting cold down here in TN...guess it's not as bad as if I were home in WV .... rode the recumbent 10.8mi this afternoon before work...might do a little more when I get home
Old 12-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #5  

Krista...congrats on the loss! And thanks for the luck...I think it's working for me. Also, where in TN are you living? Your dinner sounds very delicious. How was it? I had stinkin' homemade cheese pizza for dinner...wasn't very exciting...lol.

Aiesline...have fun cleaning up that yard, and congrats on your one pound!!

I have had a good day, I guess. Went into work today at 9:30 for our little "meeting" and my boss told me that she still needs my help and that I'm not going to be laid off...lol. I wish they would make up their mind...haha! So, I will still be working but only a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday for now. Just enough to go in and stay on top of a few things that I'm normally responsible for (updating inventory on website, co-op, emails, etc.). So, I guess that's a good thing. I can use the extra money even if it is only a little bit. Gotta get those healthy snacks...ha!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #6  

YAY! Shauna! That's awesome...some work (AND $$) is better than none! I'm in Nashville. Is Fulton near Jackson? Our office just opened up a location in Jackson and I was there a couple months ago and Fulton sounds familiar, like I saw a sign maybe on the way there?!?!?!

Aiesline...hope the yard work wasn't too hard...but I guess if it was, then that counts as a workout! lol
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #7  
Yay for 2nd chances!

Well the lawn wasn't the issue. The issue was the mower wouldn't start. I finally got it running but only managed to get the front yard taken care of before it got dark. Guess i'll do the rest the next pretty day I get.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #8  

Krista...no, Fulton is not near Jackson. It is near Tupelo in Northeast MS. You are not too far from me...about 3 hours.

Aiesline...I hate yard work and there are not enough pretty days to do it all. Haha.

As for me today: Well, I have decided that I'm tired of counting calories...lol! Do any of you ever get in that rutt...you just get so tired of keeping up with everything. I know it's for the best though, but I'm just tired of it. Maybe the weather is making me blue...
Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #9  
Yay for 2nd chances!

OMG I'm STARVING TODAY.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #10  

Yeah, it may be the weather! I hate RAINY days!!! Plus, there's been no sunshine which helps the brain stay happy

Today is my 3yr wedding anniversary and I can say I'm 10lbs lighter than the day we got married! I made a diet coke cake and instead of covering the entire cake in icing, just wrote "Happy Anniversary" w/white icing...only 195cal per 1 piece (1/12 of the cake...which the piece is HUGE!) So we had our piece and I sent the rest of the cake with him to work Then I'm not tempted to eat it when I get home later tonight

On another note, the scale read 189.6...we'll make it official on the tickers if it stays below 190 tomorrow YAAY!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #11  
Yay for 2nd chances!

YAY On the new decade!!! I did manage to stay on track yesterday. So yay for small battles.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #12  
Yay for 2nd chances!

Hate to double post but I had a happy moment.

I put on a pair of pants I've not wore in a while
last time I wore them they were uncomfortably tight and gave me muffin top
they fit
and I need a belt with them
Old 12-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #13  

Aiesline...YAY! That is sooo awesome!

Krista...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! And the diet coke cake sounds interesting...is there a recipe on here for it or can I get it from you? Also, congrats on the weightloss! I'm so happy for you!

Today has been a sucky day. I knew this staying home thing would mess me up. I haven't tracked my calories all week and I'm so ashamed and mad at myself. Here's to tomorrow and finding something to do with my hands. I need to break out the cross stitching again.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:35 AM   #14  

Thanks Shauna! And the diet coke cake is super easy...check out my blog for the recipe...it's in the entry titled "New Decade"..should be the top one...

Aiesline..yes, YAY for small battles...I think we all have them every day...and congrats on the pants...what a wonderful feeling!!!

AND IT'S OFFICIAL!!! 2 days in a row at 189.6....

Last edited by KDM322; 12-04-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #15  
Yay for 2nd chances!

Grats!!!