Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default What are some healthy decisions you've made recently?

We've all had the binge emergencies, and sometimes we fall off the wagon. But, other times, we make ourselves proud and make the right choice. Then when we're faced with those crossroads in the future, we can reflect on the good decisions we've made in the past. What was our mindset when we made the right decisions? How did it feel last time? Hopefully we can tap into that when we're struggling later on.

Tonight I made a good decision. All day I was thinking about how I'd treat myself to a Subway sandwich. I know they're not the worst fast food you can get, but they're high in sodium and carbs, and I know that the moment I walked into Subway, I'd decide I wanted a footlong instead of a 6-inch, and I'd have to get cookies. At this point, for me, going to ANY fast food place is not a good idea.

Well I got home from class, started getting my things together to go to Subway, but I just couldn't get myself out of the door. I *knew* it would be a setback in my progress. So instead I had an egg white omelet with spinach, homemade salsa (onions, tomatos, cilantrol and jalepenos), green peppers, and about an ounce of chicken breast meat. It was delicious And it didn't come with the carbs, the sodium, the calories, or the guilt of a trip to Subway.

So what good choices have you made recently? How great did you feel after?

Life is just a series of choices, one step at a time. All we can do is try to make as many good choices as we can. It may seem insignificant at the time, one meal, one garbage snack, one day of exercising or not, but it all adds up.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

For my 6 hr drive home yesterday, I packed a sandwich instead of stopping to pick something up---which would have no doubt not be super healthy!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
Life is just a series of choices, one step at a time. All we can do is try to make as many good choices as we can. It may seem insignificant at the time, one meal, one garbage snack, one day of exercising or not, but it all adds up.
What you said about life being a series of choices really struck a chord with me...I've never really thought of it like that in terms of weight loss, but poor choices do add up...so true.

So for today, my good choice is that I woke up early to prepare food according to my Michael Thurmond plan, which I have had success with in the past.

Here's to us making good choices!!
Gingern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

I've made a decision to (temporarily) refrain from buying flour and grains. While I don't advocate eliminating any food groups, and I can't confirm a true allergy to them, my weight appears to stall upon consuming ANY bread, cereals, etc.

This has been easier decided than done Even whole-grain, high-fiber is a slippery-slope for me to binge. I'm going to give it a try and see how I feel.

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:48 AM   #5  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

I've started exercising again and writing down everything I eat. Also I have cut down on the bread.

Last edited by helwa588; 12-18-2009 at 01:49 AM.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote