100 lb. Club - Accountability Nov 30 - Dec 6

View Full Version : Accountability Nov 30 - Dec 6

mj5
11-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Do you need a place to post your menu, exercise plan, get support? Then this is the place for you!!! Come on in!

mj5
11-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Good Morning everyone! I started a new thread for us, hope that's ok.

I have my healthy lunch packed, my gym clothes in the car, mp3 player all charged up....I am READY!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Beverlyjoy
11-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi friends - good to be back home. My son was in the hospital for 3 weeks - he is doing well now. But, I stayed in the same city as him to help with my GS. Then DH came and we had Thanksgiving together.

I must admitt - I used food to help me get through the stress. I have planned for a healthy day.

breakfast - egg white scramble, 1/2 english muffin, grapes

lunch - tuna sandwich, green bean salad

snack - frozen yogurt

dinner - melted cheese on toast, tomato soup, carrots

snack - sf cocoa, 1/2 banana

lots of water
meditation
write down food/calories
fork down between bites
NO eating while standing.

Hope you all are doing well.

lottie63
11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
hello! :)

my birthday is on the 5th (this saturday) I"m so excited! I also got some xmas shopping done yesterday!!! Got my mom a healthy cooking for two recipe book and my bf an ornament and my mom some little magnets with funny sayings on them. :) I will do more next weekend!

I'm back to tracking. I feel really back on track today, it's that familiar feeling of being sick of this.... ha.

Slashnl
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone. Back to a normal week now. I went to the gym and packed a good breakfast and lunch. So far, so good. It was nice to have Thanksgiving and we had a great time, but it is good to be back in the routine. I didn't get to the gym as much as I should have!

Beverly: Glad you're back. I hope everything continues to improve for your son.

Lottie: How funny, my birthday is on the 7th, Monday. I'm not as excited. ha!

MJ: Sounds like you are ready to go! Good planning!

Hope everyone has a good day.

mj5
11-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi again!

Beverlyjoy--So glad to hear your son is doing better. I was really worried. Fresh start. It's ok.

lottie--Happy early bday! I have started my shopping too, I need to make a real list tonight, so I have some focus!

Diane--I agree, good to get back into a routine.

I am also back to using my calendar/rewards. I was doing SO good with it, then fizzled again. It's ok though. I am also using the calendar in my cell phone....I just put in an entry for every day at 4pm to "remind" me to go to the gym. It will make this funny noise about 3:45.

Can't wait to get to the gym tonight!

rakel
11-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, that was a fun holiday, but now it's time to get back on track. It looks like I gained about 2lbs, but I have a feeling it's mostly water weight, because I didn't really deviate from my plan that much. Just a few more desserts than I would have had normally. The only thing is that some of the food was pretty salty, and well, some of the calories probably snuck up in things that had butter in them. Anyhoo, I started tracking my calories again yesterday, and I just finished my workout. All around, I am pleased so far with my progress, it would have been better if I LOST weight, but I don't feel like I went off the deep end. Hopefully every holiday will just get better and better!

dgramie
11-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow it feels good to be back on track today.
I baked fish for dinner with steamed veggies. YUMMY! I also ate tons of raw veggies today.
Hope everyone has a great OP week.

Eliana
12-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I am going to a wedding four hours away this weekend and need some accountability there. I'll spend the night before with my mom and head to the wedding with my mom and SIL the next day. My SIL already wants to order pizza. So I think:

Friday:
dinner: 1 slice of pizza cut in two. Hopefully they'll want to get thin crust.
breakfast: slim fast
snack: protein bar in the car
lunch: reception- practice moderation
snack: apple? + what? Or just another protein bar?
dinner: hopefully I'll be home and can do a lean cuisine or something

dgramie
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
It feels so good to be back on track. I cant wait to see what I can do in Dec.
breakfast - oats with blueberries( my new addiction)
lunch-baked fish and steamed veggies
dinner0 eye of round steak and baked potato and green veggie

Beverlyjoy
12-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi chicks...yesterday was a much better 'food' day. I am grateful. I am planning on working through any thoughts of mindless eating today using everything I can think of.:dizzy:

breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, cube of cheese
lunch - chicken soup with veggies
snack - frozen yogurt
dinner (with Mom at Bob Evans) - lite senior breakfast. - egg beaters, fruit, dry toast, one link of lite sausage
snack - sf cocoa, cinn, toast

write down food
stretches and strengthening
fork down between bites
lots of water

dgramie - so glad you are back on track!:)

Elaina - good job planning ahead. Sometimes I will 'play a game' where I see how long something can take to eat. No really - perhaps, with the pizza - you can take a bite - talk, drink water etc - before taking the next bite.

rakel - good attitude :)

MJ - thanks for missing me - I was missing you too :hug: ( and my friends here) Your reward calendar has been such a good tool/incentive in the past. :D Go girl. How's the knee?

Slash - I agree...I normal week sounds 'heavenly' to me. :D

lottie - good shopping - great idea...the healthy cook book!:D

Have a GREAT OP day, friends. :D:):D

Slashnl
12-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone. Good day at the gym today. I had spin class and it was a really good one. Good in that I couldn't wait for it to end. Ha! But I felt good that I could do what she asked, even though it was kicking my butt. Food was on plan yesterday, so that was good. I just want to keep it going. I slipped into the 240's... barely... and I want to stay there. So, if I can lose a little more, I'll feel more solidly there. (mind games, I guess)

My job is sucking right now, so I better get back to it and try to make sense of it all.

mj5
12-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone!

rakel--I noticed the salt in foods a lot this holiday. Between that and TOM the scale is up for me too, but it WILL go back down for both of us!

dgramie--I agree! It feels so good to get back on track!

Eliana--Good for you for planning ahead already.

Beverlyjoy--Yea for a good food day! My knee, as of right now, feels ok! It bothers me a bit, sometimes, but after a minor freak out at my follow up appt w/ the dr after surgery, I made an other appt so I could go in w a clear head and chat (he told me that my next step is a knee replacement.) Anyway, after a nice chat, we agreed that if it feels good now--leave it alone! If/when it bothers me again, we'll plan from there. And a knee replacement does not have to be the next step. Phew. How is your foot?

Diane--Sounds like a great day at the gym to me! Great job! Hope things at work get better.

K, I need to get back to work. Have a great OP day everyone!

rakel
12-01-2009, 09:32 PM
MJ: I've never really been one that put a lot of salt in food, or enjoyed really salty foods, so I am pretty sensitive to it. I would actually prefer food that had less salt, but more herbs. At any rate, I could tell after the weekend that I had a lot of water in my feet and fingers, as evidenced by my shoes and rings feeling tighter. I feel like I've gone down a bit today (down .6lbs). I'm retaining quite a bit of water as it is. I'm trying to drink a lot, but it also makes me pee a lot too. :dizzy:

Today has been OK. I just did my exercise (some strength training), it really got me sweating, which seems to surprise me every time because the activities don't seem like something that would get your heart rate up, but it does. I'm fighting the severe munchies and trying not to snack on foods. For some reason I am just feeling really hungry today. I think it's because I'm still working on some thanksgiving leftovers, which I realize now are mostly carbs. It's all veggies, bread and starches with some turkey. Thankfully it's about the end, or at least all I can handle anyway. I think I get some veggie patties and make a sandwich with it for lunch tomorrow.

dgramie
12-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Good Morning!
We woke up to a cold rain and I just heard that it might end as light snow flurries.I guess dec wants to let us know its here!!
I did great yesterday and my scales have moved down alot...still got 2 to go to be back to last weeks weigh in weight.I was up 9lbs on monday.I knew it wasnt true weight but it still hurts seeing that number!
Food for today- egg and toast for breakfast
lunch left over subway sandwich and raw veggies
dinner- chicken pot pie with only one crust
snack - 1 ounces of cheese and fruit
rakel- I am super sensative to salt also. I made myself salt foods for thanksgiving dinner.My hubbys family wouldnt have eaten them without salt. I never add salt to anything. Just keep pushing the water..and think every bathroom trip is losing extra fluid.

eliana- so glad I dont have to fight the urge to eat pizza. Can you order a salad to go with the pizza?

mj-HI
diane- hope things at work get better!!
bev- I really need to slow down my eating...I notice Im done before hubby most of the time. I also made a new rule for myself.NO eating standing. I must sit at the dinning room table to eat anything.
Have a great OP day!

Beverlyjoy
12-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi chicks...I am making some progress in my food...yay.

This morning the Dr. Oz show focus was on diabetes. I am standing at the door of this disease :( - I need focus on NOT becoming a diabetic. One more thing to pile on - but, it's important.

For today:

breakfast - egg whites with ketchup, boca bacon, grapes, pnb
lunch - tuna sandwich, celery
snack - yogurt, tangerine
supper - chicken and pasta, salad
snack - cheese, crackers, applesauce

LOTS of water
eating while seated
fork down between bits
strecthes and strengthening
PMA - positive mental attitude

Slash - such good news...good food, exercise and into the 240's. YAY. :carrot:

rakel - veggie patties sound good...carry on! :)

MJ - glad you and doctor agree - if that knee is doing OK...don't 'fix it'! My foot has been doing pretty well. (knocking wood) Lately - the back of my left knee is hurting - like up and down stairs. - Or- when I first start to walk after sitting in a chair with my feet on the floor. It's making a popping sound too. So - I am trying to rest it, take nsaids for a week, ice and heat. Let's see where it goes. I get weary of all this physical stuff. I hope it helps me keep my incentive to stay OP. :dizzy:

Everyone has a GREAT day.;):D;)

mj5
12-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Good Morning everyone! Yesterday was a good day. Today will be a late night b/c I have a hair appt after work, so I may not get to the gym. It's ok, though, I will make up for it.

rakel--I totally agree, I don't add much (if any) salt to food and would much rather have more flavor, than salt.

dgramie--We had snow yesterday and today it's supposed to reach mid-50's....that's not going to last, though, back to snow by the end of the week.

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!!! I'll have to check out Dr. Oz (we record it in case there are are good topics). I have a family hx of diabetes, so I know I need to be more mindful. I totally agree....the physical stuff gets OLD!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

lovemyboy
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone! I hope it is alright to hop in. I shoot for 1400 - 1800 calories per day. I also shoot for 20 - 25% of calories or less (rarely happens) of carbs. Today I had 1400 calories even and 20% carbs.

dgramie
12-03-2009, 07:07 AM
great day yesterday and pleased to report I had a .4lb loss for the week.I am pleased with it considering I had a 9lb gain as of monday morning.
food for today
breakfast- oatmeal and blueberries
lunch - mcdonalds classic chicken sand grilled no may
dinner- chicken pot pie
snack fruit and cheese ( if i have enough points left)
I am truly loving counting pts.
I have my granddaughter for the next 2 days so I may not get here.

Violet73
12-03-2009, 07:32 AM
I just started my journey this past Monday and I have done great so far! I know its easier in the beginning but I also have a 12 year old who loves brownies.....so you know where I am going with this lol......yes we have brownies in the house...but guess what? I havent eaten one of them! I have stuck with my 1200 calorie diet and drinking lots of water! I feel great :) There will always be temptations around us ....we just have to be strong and realize that we cant eat those things on a regular basis and expect to lose weight. Its too bad we dont have the metabolism of kids! :)

Beverlyjoy
12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi chicks - I stayed right on with my plan yesterday - I am so grateful. I have been using my ultra sound on my knee - alternating that with some ice. I hope it works!

breakfast - turkey with light mayo sandwich, 1/2 banana

lunch - open face egg white, cheese and mayo on toast, salad

snack - yogurt, tangerine

dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, ns applesauce

snack - cherrio's.milk, 1/2 banana

Ice, heat, ultrasound
stretches and strengthening
slow down - put fork down between bites
meditation
water!

leslielou - Welcome - everyone and anyone can join in! Glad you can stay away from the brownies (I don't think I could do it)

Dgramie - good on the loss - remember .4 lb is one stick of butter. Have fun with your grandaughter!

MJ - So so glad you had a good day. Get your momentum going, friend. Enjoy your hairdo!

Have a GREAT day folks.

Eliana
12-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Leslielou, I'm doing 1200 calories by eating six 200 calorie meals. What I would do is plan on the brownie for my evening snack, but only if I knew how big to make the brownie to keep under 200 calories. I'd probably try for 100 calories worth of brownie and 100 of skim milk.

But if that doesn't work for you, hey, I'm proud of you resisting temptation!

My step-sister's wedding is approaching and I'm going to have to suffer through pizza! LOL! I have a ready made slim-fast can ready to be packed for the breakfast, and I always have protein bars in the car.

mj5
12-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Good Morning everyone!

love--Welcome!!!!

dgramie--Excellent! Have a great time w/ your granddaughter!

Leslie--That's awesome!!! Great job!

Beverlyjoy--Yippee!!!! Take care of that knee! I watched the episode of Dr. Oz last night. Very eye opening.

I am going to the gym tonight even though I have to get groceries after. It's ok, I packed a snack for after the gym so I don't buy a bunch of junk at the grocery store!

I need to drink more water....better go fill up my bottle!

Have a great OP day!

Violet73
12-03-2009, 01:12 PM
thanks guys and congratulations to you guys for sticking with the plan! :) I actually have been eating a FF chocolate pudding some days to help with that chocolate crave....and I am so determined to lose the weight that I'm not missing the brownies (yet) :) Eliana..will there be salad there too or just pizza? maybe thin crust and limit to two pieces?

lovemyboy
12-03-2009, 02:15 PM
I have a holiday dinner at a restaurant tonight. So far so good. I've eaten 600 calories. I went online and researched the menu nutrition and found a dish that has 1000 calories and is low in carbs so I will be at 1600 cals and <20% carbs for the day. :)

Eliana
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
thanks guys and congratulations to you guys for sticking with the plan! :) I actually have been eating a FF chocolate pudding some days to help with that chocolate crave....and I am so determined to lose the weight that I'm not missing the brownies (yet) :) Eliana..will there be salad there too or just pizza? maybe thin crust and limit to two pieces?

Probably no salad. The pizza is at my brother's house and they don't know I'm dieting. I don't want to say anything. :^: I'll cut one slice of pizza in two and I'll try to push for thin crust. As for the wedding itself, I have no idea. But I'm sure I can practice portion control.

Beverlyjoy
12-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Ugh - I just lost my long thread.:(:(:( Don't have time to retype.

I'll check in later.

Have a GREAT day!!

dgramie
12-04-2009, 10:00 AM
hi..im here barely. I think I have a cold or sinus or something coming on..sore throat, ear ache , headache ect...
food today- slimfast
lunch?? what ever I can grab with my granddaughter running around
dinner baked fish and baked potato and green beans

mj5
12-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone! I couldn't access this site at home this morning, not sure why, and I am swamped at work, so no time to really post. Just wanted to pop in and say have a great OP day!

I am going to the gym right after work. I need a good workout!!!

Beverlyjoy
12-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi chicks - tis the season for extra food - plan plan plan to keep from going crazy with temptation.

rakel
12-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Well, I took a break from my exercise two days in a row - not exactly intentional but I got back on it today for a good 30 minute workout. I'm about the head into the shower after this. To be honest, I was a little surprised to learn that I had gone down close to 3lbs in 2 days, but I'm starting to notice the weight loss off the scale. A lot of my clothes will really fit better if I lost another 15+ lbs, so I don't notice much of a difference there. However, because I don't like to feel like a stuffed sausage all of the time, I went out and bought a couple pairs of pants that, at the time, fit comfortably without pinching at the waist. I am now having a hard time keeping them up, and they are definitely sagging in the butt/crotch and get wrinkled there. I think once I hit the 25lbs mark, my other clothes will start feeling more... comfortable :P.

Tonight I'm going to PF Changs for a birthday party. I'm planning my meal right now to make sure I have a great, on-plan evening :). Tomorrow will be a little tougher, because there's a church dinner which generally means that there are as many deserts as their are side dishes. I will allow myself one reasonable plate with a salad, and one SMALL dessert. I will forgo any desserts tonight at the birthday party, because I'm telling you... the people at my church know how to bake and I know I'd rather have that then some restaurant dessert or cupcakes.

I am **trying** to restrain to 1 dessert/candy a week and avoid the daily intake of high sugar items. I've been fairly successful, but sometimes I'm having more than that. Overall though, it has definitely been less! Most days I don't have anything, and sometimes I spread a little dark chocolate peanut butter on a wafer cookie or graham cracker for a sweet, but somewhat nutritious treat.

fjcinzion
12-05-2009, 05:33 PM
I had to have my semi-annual blood work (12 hour fast) done this morning at the hospital. Afterwards we went to a Perkins Restaurant and had breakfast. I had a great breakfast there and it was only 300 calories! I had a senior 2 egg omelet made with egg beaters, green pepper, onion, celery and tomatoes. I also had two pieces of whole wheat toast (no margarine or butter) and a small fresh fruit cup. They have a great website that allows you to figure out exactly what your meal comes to in terms of nutrition. The sodium was of course up but not as bad as it could of been. We then went shopping at Woodman's. It turned out to be a GREAT Saturday morning outing.

I stared out walking for only 5 minutes due to my weight and knee problems but I am now up to 51 minutes a day. I wear my pedometer daily and the last few days I have had over 9,000 steps.

I am looking forward to meeting my end of the year weightloss goal. As of my Thursday morning weigh-in I only have 2.2 pounds left to reach it (actually the last two mornings it is at 1.8 pounds to go)!

This coming Thursday along with my weight I will be doing my monthly measurements. I will also have my husband take my first set of pictures since starting on my Journey to Health and Weightloss on August 6th.

You are doing GREAT Rakel! :cp: I'm proud of you! Love ya, MOM :hug:

mj5
12-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Good morning! So far, so good this weekend. I walked a LOT yesterday, which is a good thing. It did't 'upset' my knee too much, so that's even better news!

Have a great OP day!

lovemyboy
12-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Rakel- I am with you on the clothes thing. My regular size pants have a baggy butt and are too loose in the waist. I can fit in the next size down but I have that stuffed feeling sort of like how I felt before starting this. I'm torn between wearing the stuffed feeling ones as motivation or the loose ones for comfort.

Yesterday I had to go out to eat (again!) to celebrate a birthday. I did research the nutrition before I went to make an informed decision. I was 100 calories over my target range but within my carb range.

I have a pizza party scheduled in 2 weeks. It is a Christmas function I cannot get out of. How have you all handled this? I think I will budget for one slice, drink extra h2o to flush the sodium and fill up on the salad so I don't go into a carb overload.

mj5
12-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Good Morning! I am down 1.4lbs! YIPEE!!!! Finally, seeing the scale move down feels SO good!

love--I have a pizza party on Wed. I plan to eat my healthy lunch ahead of time and skip the pizza altogether. Good for you for planning ahead!

dgramie
12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
hi...great job mj on the loss!

I also have a party at church on wed night.I am thinking of just skipping the food part. go for the program and then come home.I have a really hard time with fingerfoods!!!! I weigh in on thursday.

rakel
12-07-2009, 03:47 PM
lovemyboy: I personally go for a mix between what's affordable and what's comfortable. Sometimes I can't afford to buy something new that will fit better, so I'll deal with something tighter/looser. I will be buying things that make me feel good about myself as I lose weight, but I don't plan on spending a lot until I get further down towards my goal.

mj5
12-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Good Morning! I had a great workout yesterday at the gym, felt sooo good to get back at it! Today, same plan!

Have a great day everyone!

Beverlyjoy
12-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi chicks!! Today is going to be a good day!

Here's my plan:
- egg white scramble, pnb toast, grapes

- tuna salad on lite toast, salad

- yogurt clemintine

- won ton soup, a small bit of egg foo yung

snack - cherrios, fruit, milk

water
stretches, etc
slow eating
NOT eating standing

I've got to run - taking mom to doc.

Have a great day.

rakel
12-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I always seem to forget how many calories are in a bagel. Today I went to a local bagel shop for a sandwhich. Now, they make really good homemade bagels and cream cheese, so I thought maybe I would get some. It's not necessarily that it's a bad idea, but knowing the way I am, I knew I was going to want to eat one. When I got hungry around my usual snack time, I took a bagel out, cut it in half, and spread a bit of the strawberry cream cheese, which would have been fine. But, I had a weak moment and polished the whole thing off. On the plus side, when I got home I was not hungry in the least. Any other carby food that I could eat would make me hungry right away, but for some reason a good bagel keeps me full for hours. In fact, I still haven't eaten "dinner" yet, and it's 9pm. However, I am starting to get a bit hungry now so I think I'll have a snack that will work within my plan. I can still have 363 calories, which is plenty. I will NOT go over my calories... I've been slipping up a bit more than I have been lately and my progress has slowed because of it. On the 7th I "gained" all of the weight I "lost" -- although I think I really just maintained and the loss was just because I weighed myself in the morning before I ate anything. But regardless, I'm back down to 317, so onward and DOWNward.

:)

dgramie
12-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Im doing the happy dance...I lost 1.6lbs this week. I am almost back to the 90lb off mark.
food for today
breakfast egg and toast
lunch turkey sandwich with pepper jack cheese toasted
raw veggies
dinner breakfast