Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Default hello all

Hey guys...definitely haven't been around for awhile. I haven't exactly been watching what I eat lately. I binge at work everytime I'm there and it's constantly with chocolate. One of the pharmacists leaves a container out in plain view always full of chocolate and every time I walk by it I grab a piece. That in itself has probably added 2 pounds to my waistline the last couple weeks. Then of course this weekend rolls around and even though I didn't stuff myself too horribly on Thanksgiving...I went out both on Thanksigiving night and the night afterwards. Both nights involved alot of alcohol and then greek omelettes at 4 in the morning. I'm thinking that I'm at least pushing 160....I refuse to step on my scale because it will really depress me. And now I have nothing but leftovers in my fridge...which I'm not about to throw out because I'm poor college student and any food I don't have to pay for is food I'll definitely eat. So anyways, feeling pretty down on myself right now..wish I could say I"ll jump right back on the wagon but I'm just not feeling it. I hope the entire holiday season isn't like this...

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #2  
k8t
k8t

Hi D, welcome back....

So don't jump on the wagon...just do a little hop on. You may not feel like it now, but even a little effort may help. As to not wanting to waste the leftovers, that's what freezers are for. Make some dinners up that you can heat up when you don't have the time to cook and are tempted to eat out. That will spread the calorie wealth around a bit.

Come'on D. We need everyone around here. Hop on back.
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #3  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

D -- I missed you! Wondered where you went... I'm very glad to see you back.

I kinda fell off the wagon for 4 days over Thanksgiving, but I'm back here fighting the good fight -- you can do it too! Today I ate a Snickers and some brownies but I am NOT giving up. Trying again tomorrow.

You don't have to jump to being on a perfect diet... just add in some vegetables or go for a walk and you're on your way. One small thing at a time. Rooting for you!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Welcome back! I was thinking the freezer thing too--that way they won't go to waste, and if you have the urge to eat too much, you'll have to take more time for them to be accessible.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #5  

haha yeah freezer idea is good except for that fact that my freezers ALREADY stuffed with leftovers as well! lol It'll be ok..I'm hoping to spread things out enough to where I use up whats in my fridge this week then I can start taking some of stuff outta my freezer for next week. Either I'm good on food for awhile! Except for fruits and veggies of course..I always gotta go to the store for those practically every week. I got on the scale last night and it told me 153..I think it's lying in all honesty but whatever...my goal this week....NO CHOCOLATE!!! Except for my chocolate protein shake of course..but seriously, what I've been doing the last couple weeks needs to STOP and now. The other thing I need to do before I move back home for a week during my xmas break is sit down and physically right down a workout plan for when I'm home. I noticed this past weekend that I had no motivation to do ANYTHING. And I didn't...Thurs, Fri, Sat I didn't work out AT ALL...and with all the food and booze I consumed I should've definitely done SOMETHING. But if I write out a plan and take my resistance band and 15lb weight home with me...there's no excuses. I know enough about exercise to NOT need a gym to work every major muscle group. So yeah it's Monday...and I must say I'm feeling pretty darn good right now. Must've been that awesome work out this morning :-) Thanks for welcoming me back everyone!!

~D~
Old 12-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #6  

Just put on a pair of jeans and I could barely get them over my butt....I officially cannot fit into a size 9 anymore :-( I'm probably an 11..which is what I was in highschool....pre-working out era. It amazes me that I've put on 15 pounds yet have never stopped working out. I can't even put into words how I feel right now....

~D~