SBD Frequently Asked Questions - Acceptable SB lunch?

View Full Version : Acceptable SB lunch?

Jank52
11-28-2009, 05:34 PM
After reading all about SB here I believe this could work for me! For some reason I thought SB didn't allow any bread on any phase but it looks like you starting adding them back in after a week of phase one eating then monitor them and how your body reacts to them. Am I understanding that right? I love this lunch and think it works for phase one. Can someone confirm this for me? Wish me luck and healthy eating:dancer:

Greek salad:
diced chicken breast
chopped cucumber and tomato
Romaine lettuce
RF Feta cheese
black olives

Because of the cukes and tomatoes it kinda makes its own "dressing".

BellaLucia
11-28-2009, 05:44 PM
are added back.

CyndiM
11-28-2009, 06:11 PM
South Beach is really a whole foods, healthy fats and carbs eating plan not a low carb diet, not even Phase 1. It's very important to eat beans, lf or ff dairy and veggies on all phases. No grains, fruits, or high glycemic veggies on phase 1. Once we move to Phase 2 we can have most fruits and whole grains in moderation. Check out the food lists for the whole picture (and, of course, read the book if you haven't yet :) )

Your lunch salads sounds delish. Check the list for the serving size of olives because they are considered a fat but a very tasty addition to your salad :)

beerab
11-28-2009, 07:40 PM
I like to sprinkle a little lemon juice over my salads- YUM! :D

Sounds like a great lunch to me btw :D

Jank52
11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks all! I guess I was a little confused and thought Phase one was only a week and I will look at it as a whole foods diet rather than low carb. Thanks again and I hope to be a regular around here!

krose
12-27-2009, 05:37 PM
That actually sounds a lot like the greek salad that is in the book. I added chicken also. They also say add lemon juice and extra virgen olive oil, it makes it really good!