Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 09:02 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default One day until Friday (Thursday's Thread)

Starting Thread... Will post soon.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:16 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Default Good Morning!

Good morning everyone! I can't make this a very long post because I have a rush item on my desk that needs to be done tomorrow, but I did want to at least stop in and say hello.

WI is tonight. Can I tell you guys that I'm really getting fed up with this stupid plateau? I don't even care that WI is tonight, even if I lose, it'll just be there again next week. My mom has a plan that got her off of her plateau, I'll probably start it this week and hopefully it'll help. Lately, I've been OP, but my heart just hasn't been in it.

Going to Chinese buffet for lunch today for department meeting. Not really looking forward to it at all. If I didn't have WI tonight, I'd probably be more excited, but I'm really going to have to watch what I eat so I'm not all bloated at WI. Factor in TOM, and I just don't think WI tonight is anything to look forward to.

So that's what's going on here. I gotta finish this rush thing and I'll check in later!

Old 08-01-2002, 09:34 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Oh Jess, hang in there, I am the queen of Plateaus!! One thing that I have done in the past is mix of my points. Eat high one day, low for a couple, then high again (with eating up your banked points). Your body is just in a rut and needs some shaking up. Look at how great you have done, why let it all go now!!!

As for me, started feeling cruddy again this morning. Bluchhhhh. Hate this. Have a headache, tummy upset and nauseous feeling.

Our new truck is super fabulous. It's nice to have something that can really haul things. This is why we got it. We also have a mini-van (yes we are a family unit now). Going from a Firebird to a truck was a huge change.

OK back to work...
Old 08-01-2002, 09:38 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Thumbs down Good Morning Jess!

We'll get you off this plateau, have no fear!!! I'll send you all the losing vibes I've got, and hopefully it will help!!! You can do a Chinese Buffet, because they usually have so much fruit on the salad bar. Bu those stir-frys are awfully salty...hope you're not retaining too much water for WI.

Morning, everyone else. Aaron and I are going to the Mall of America today to do some SHOPPING!!! Can you tell that this is the highlight of my week? I admit, I'm a bit of a shopaholic. It's nice to know, too that I'll get lots of walking in today. I'm going with a friend who doesn't have to look in every single store, so we book it from one interesting store to the next.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:39 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jen, we were posting at the same time. Congrats on the new truck, and hope you feel better soon!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:56 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All -

Jess - Jen is right - you have done so well. I know the plateau is frustrating but try to take pleasure in how far you've come.

Jen-L - congrats on the truck and hope you feel better soon.

Jayne - have a ton-o-fun shopping.

Phrase for the day around work is duck and cover so I probably won't be back. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Laura
Old 08-01-2002, 10:39 AM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Default You Guys Are the Greatest!

I was going to try to work on that rush thing, but I asked my editor a question and she took off about 45 minutes ago. So, I guess it's not that big of a rush. Besides, until I get my question answered, I can't work on that stupid thing.

You guys are the greatest! And I know you're right about being proud of how far I've come. I really have come a long way and I know I'll get off this plateau, but I've been on it since June and I've tried everything I could think of (except for mixing up my points, which is going to be tough for awhile, since I don't really plan my meals ahead of time very well.)

I've never really taken the time to get all cheesy and tell you guys how very much you help, maybe because I've never hit a plateau before and struggled this much, but I'm not kidding--you guys are the reason that I've stayed on WW and been as successful as I have been. You've given great ideas, SO much inspiration, shoulders to cry on, challenges to help motivate me, and have been good friends. I really mean it when I say that you guys are the greatest.

OK, I know you're probably all getting choked up, and my editor is back with an answer to my question, so I gotta get truckin' on this revision request.

Be back later!
Old 08-01-2002, 01:26 PM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning ladies... I might not have too much time to post. Let see, yesterday did well points wise.... so that's 2 days on program. Brian's taking me to get Japanese tonight, which I'm not too fond of, so I shouldn't eat too much. Although, dating him might be a problem... because we keep going out to dinner... sooner or later I might have to suggest non-food outings. I mean... I've gained two WI's in a row... and this next Tuesday better be down. Today I got a salad in the cafeteria... but I put croutons and honey dijion dressing on it.... I think I had a hooker shirt lapse. What was I thinking?

Jess - I'm so sorry things are rough. I know what you mean... when I'm in that plateau stage it's like I'm not even happy when I'm down because I know that it's just my body fluctuating and the next week it will be back up. Sometimes, seriously, our bodies need to slow things down a bit. It needs time to maintain for a while. Let it. Keep doing the program... and your body will eventually catch up. I'm not sure if you're weigh training or not... but that is a good way to jump start a plateau. You have been just as much an inpiration to the rest of us too. You're always cheering me up! Thanks!

Jen - I'm sorry you feel so cruddy. I hope you'r feeling better soon.

Jayne - I am a mojor shop-o-holic. BIG TIME. Have you read the series about the shopaholic? I ahven't yet, but they're pretty popular.

Laura - good luck with work today. You were saying you guys lost power Tuesday... so did we. Then last night I went to bed, and woke up sweating.... my sheet were even wet. Gross. I looked up and my fan was off... looked at my clock. Off. Darn! Our power went out AGAIN! I was so miserable I was almost in tears. I stripped down, took a freezing shower and got back into bed.... didn't help. I was miserable for almost an hour when the power finally came back on. Oh man!

Lisa
Old 08-01-2002, 02:22 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - tried on the bridesmaid dress last night - oddly enough, exact same color as the one Tonya's wearing on the photo thread. My little sister's fiancee didn't get his anullment this month so they may not be able to get married in the church and they are very upset. I'm hoping the monsiegner will allow the wedding to take place - they're meeting with him right now - everyone think happy thoughts. The dresses will be nice - maybe I can actually figure out my digital camera and post a picture or two after the wedding.

Jess - I know how you feel about this site - I go into withdrawl from it and I fall off the WW wagon. You keep it up, you'll get through it.

Jen - I'm so jealous of your truck! Not of your sickie though - hope you feel better very soon.

Jayne - let us know what you bought - I hear that mall is a blast.

Laura - Hi - thanks for stopping by

Lisa - I swear I gained 35 pounds in the first year of my relationship - we ate out ALL the time and I was happy and in love. Now BF checks with me before he cooks anything or offers to take me out to make sure I have enough points. Japanese food can be very low point though so you should be OK (hooker shirt, hooker shirt) Maybe you sweated off a few pounds in the night of heat - well, we can dream can't we.

Hi to everyone else. I'll go wait for my sister to tell me how the meeting went.
KT
Old 08-01-2002, 02:34 PM   #10  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

KT - when's the wedding? We'll defaintely have to see these pictures. Thanks for the hooker shirt vibes.

OKAY LADIES - NEED ADVICE. 1). Should I offer to pay tonight? This is our 3rd date 2). yesterady he emailed me that he gets tongue tied ont he phone because he gets nervous when we talk... so I'm pretty sure he's attracted to me. But two dates and no kiss... so if he goes to peck me, I'm thinking I may jsut initiate the kiss... but I'm worried he wouldn't reciprocate..... what do you guys think? Sorry If I'm abusing my 3FC privileges... but most of my friends are guys and I can't ask them these things.

Lisa
Old 08-01-2002, 02:43 PM   #11  
Bono Fanatic!

Lisa - Didn't you avoid getting too close to him on your first date?? Since that is the case, that date doesn't count as far as trying to figure out when he will kiss you. You showed him last time that you are interested my giving him a peck, so I can pretty much guarantee he will lay one on you tonight!! If not, jump him! (That's what I would do!!)
Old 08-01-2002, 02:56 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... Still have a rotten headache. Barely ate my breakfast because it made me gag, but I did eat a nice sized sandwich for lunch.

Here is my truck in case anyone wants to see it. I am soooooo loving it! http://backwebs.homenetinc.com/fredm..._taken=Browse#

Lisa... Don't fret on the kiss, like you said, he gets nervous, so maybe he doesn't want to offend you. If he leans in... plant one on.

Oh and I gained when I first started dating my now hubby. I think that is normal because you want to impress them. But at that time I didn't care. If I were on WW then, I bet anything I wouldn't let it get out of control! Maybe suggest something else... it may add a new fun level to the relationship!

OK, gotta go!
Old 08-01-2002, 02:57 PM   #13  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - I know what you mean about the support. This place and you gals are wonderful!

KT - hope things work out for your sis. I've been known to gain weight in the first part of a relationship too.

Lisa - that rots about the electricity outage. I'd rather have it happen in the winter. You can always put on clothes but you can only get so naked. Re tonight: 1) offer to pay but I wouldn't make a huge deal of it if he says no thanks 2) I'll bet he kisses you, and if not find out whether he has tonsils! Unless he's gay he'll reciprocate!

Hi Jen - work must be busy - you haven't been around much this week - hope that all is well with you.

Laura
Old 08-01-2002, 04:05 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Lisa - I agree, offer to pay but don't insist, and then jump his bones!

My sister gets married August 10th and my best friend the next weekend August 17th. Both the same colors too!

KT
Old 08-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

You girls sure are great!

KT - that's cool you can wear the same colors... maybe at least you can re-use the same purse.

JenK - yes, the first date was all me... you're right. thanks.

JenL -I am SO SORRY you feel so awful... are you going to go to a doctor? Here's hoping you feel better really soon!

Laura - thanks for the advice!!! I feel so self-centered lately... it's just this is all new to me. It's nice to get some advice from all you pros. I'm glad your talk with Christian went well! Sounds like he'll be a good friend. As for Sean.... it's like they know how to keep you pulled in just enough. Agh!

Lisa
Closed Thread