Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #1  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

Unhappy Wow. I can't stop myself.

Every night I go to bed and think "tomorrow will be different. Tomorrow I'll be motivated."

Then tomorrow comes. I start out great... good, healthy breakfast, water, no snacks. Lunch hits... good, healthy lunch. Then 1-2 pm hit and I hit 'munchies". I end up finally not caring and by bed I've overeaten big time and am miserable.

So what do I do? Am I the only one who does this? I do realize I'm not known on this board as I'm new... but I do hope to get some responses...
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #2  
cb1

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'6

try planning a healthy, 100-200 calorie snack for the afternoon... what's your calorie intake by 1-2 pm? I have to eat at least 600 cals by afternoon or i'm starving! Even just eating a big, yummy apple might help stave off the ravenous munchies.... i eat a lot of small things throughout the day (healthy, low-cal snacks) to keep me from wanting bad stuff... i plan it into my daily calories.

it's really hard to force yourself to go hungry to lose weight. I have found it much more effective to plan snacks instead of long hours without eating...
cb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #3  
livin life

S/C/G: 153/149/125

Height: 5"4

Done it a million times!! My new motto is tomorrow is today!! =) Afternoons are my hardest time I can relate... eating a BIG breakfast has helped me out! Good luck!!
ray of sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:14 AM   #4  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

I wanted to give you support. I've done that as well. It helps if I have my lunch and snacks ready to go, so I do not choose other unhealthy options. Some of it is trial and error, keep telling yourself that isn't who you are anymore. Focus on gaining optimal health. Have your reasons why you want to change posted close to you. Over time you can build momentum. The more times you say no the easier it gets and the stronger you'll feel.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #5  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

Thanks for the encouragment. Today is a new day... I will try to do well today. I'm going to try to have my snacks/meals planned today and see if that helps. I just hate having to think about it all the time.
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I agree with everything said. You need to plan. And you need to change your attitude about when things will get better. "Today, I will be better." "Right now, I will be better". Also, don't let the foods that you overeat on in your house. That will take away the option.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Which plan are you on? For me, counting calories has been the best way. I keep a food log too and I highly recommend it, but I know it's not for everyone. Another thing that helps me is eating protein in the morning. If I start my day with oatmeal, I get much hungrier later than if I start it with an organic hot dog. For snack, I'll go ahead and have that oatmeal, but it's just not how I start the day. I also agree that you need to have something ready for you around 2pm. How about some celery sticks (precut and prewashed) with some avocado and a whole grain low calorie slice of bread? If you have to keep it super simple, then how about a Luna bar? I think they have about 180 calories, 8 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. Drink lots of water and try to avoid diet sodas, as they have been proven to increase appetite.

Anyway, all of the above is not for everyone, but I just wanted to put it out there and let you know what has helped me...but I still struggle. Yes, it takes a great deal of effort, but it's so worth it to see my health and sanity improving.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #8  
k8t
k8t

Munchies hit me badly especially on days when I am tired. For me, I have to make sure I'm sleeping enough or it is very hard not to binge. That, and drinking enough water.
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/196/135

Height: 5'2"

I've totally been there... those are words that I might as well have said myself. I stuggle with this EVERY day. I'm not sure what your schedule/life is life, but I've found that if I plan my snacks or split up my meals I'm less tempted to binge. For my mid afternoon munchies I usually keep a pear/orange or string cheese around to keep my 'mouth hunger' satisfied. I'm breaking myself of sweet snacks (simple sugar) bc I know they lead me to binging.

I'm not sure if you fall into this either, but sometimes if I have a small failing at a meal or a snack I feel as though the whole day is blown and end up eating whatever I want for the rest of the day. Remember you're human and you'll give in to temptation, but that doesn't ruin the whole day--- this is a huge stuggle we deal with and with time it'll get easier. Don't deny yourself the things you love, start teaching yourself to enjoy them in a healthy way.

Good luck with your journey and remember, you're definately not alone.
initfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #10  
I need more coffee.

S/C/G: 280/259/170

Height: 5'9"

I have problems with the same thing. It helps me to change the mantra rolling around in my head to something positive and current. Like "I am motivated" or "I am energetic". You get the idea. YMMV
DixieAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 191/183/165

Height: 5'10

im with you too! Im SO frustrated, I feel like If I had a good KICKSTART id be able to get going.
lessthanzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #12  
I'm fat.

S/C/G: 260.8/see ticker/145

Height: 5"6

I find popcorn without all of the additives to be a great filler during those times when you have the serious munchies. Although, unlike most people here, afternoons are not dangerous for me. It's the evenings! Starting at about 8pm...It's so frustrating, too, because it feels like all the good work I've done all day is ruined. Anyway, popcorn is not high in calories, and it's kind of light and airy. Therefore, you can eat quite a few pieces of it. Consider eating 15 chips verses 15 popcorn pieces and the calorie/fat difference.

Finding snacks that won't kill you is really helpful. Boiled eggs with soy sauce is nice protein boost in the afternoons. And the saltiness of the soy sauce prevents cravings for chips in the like (you may want to try a low sodium soy sauce if you have blood pressure issues or are just salt conscious). Also...turkey lunch meat. 5 or 6 slices of turkey lunch meat is usually about 60 calories. Pretty sweet, eh? It's filling and low in calorie.

Good luck! And NOOOOO, you are so not alone. I find a lot of people do this--overweight or not. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...Don't get defeated. Today is the day you've been waiting for. And don't let your former selves bring you down! It's so easy to say...well if I haven't been able to do it before, how will I be able to do it now? Because you can, and we all have it within us to do what we need to do.
BoobsNotBombs is offline   Reply With Quote