Weight Loss Surgery - Ok, before and after pictures of my Fleur de lis Abdominoplasty!

missangelaks
11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
***added a pic taken almost 2 years out***

Just a bit of a warning...they are a little graphic (though I cropped out the nudity) so I'll put them on as my profile picture. click on "missangelaks" to the left and then on my profile. The pics are there.

I am only 6 weeks out the swelling will go down some more. The pink patches on the lower scar are from my allergy to the surgical tape they put on the incisions as packing and will fade but all the scars look wonderful already. The Resident did a FABULOUS job! He also said that they will fade more in the next 6 months to a year...woohoo! :carrot:

Now, though I would NOT do any more plastics, I am to the point I am glad I didn't know what the pain was before I had this done. I look better in my clothes and it did raise my self esteem too.

Angela

beerab
11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
AMAZING!!! And they will fade a lot more- a friend of mine had a similar surgery and the scars are barely noticeable (she had it done a few years ago).

GinaG
11-23-2009, 01:36 PM
WOW!!! the scars are barely noticable, your abdomin looks fantastic. I know it was painful but you have got to be so pleased

cherry7211
11-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Lookn good! Congrats :D

Carly Smoker
11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Yikes, that is impressive. Was the surgery harder than the weight loss? Ouch.
It looks good.

stargzr
11-23-2009, 02:52 PM
OH MY! You look fabulous! That's so amazing that the scars are so faint already! I'm sure you feel a world of difference, that's great! Congrats on the fabulous loss, btw!!

nanj
11-23-2009, 03:11 PM
HEY ANGE! WOW OH WOW. Your tummy look so darn good! The saddest thing for me is that your old belly looks better than my belly right now!!! I have had so many surgeries that my belly looks like a butt!! lol!

What about the grandbaby????????? Your new tummy sure doesn't look like a granny's tummy!!! LOL!

emiloots
11-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow - looks amazing. You're going to have really minimal scars, can barely see them now! Congrats!

nelie
11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow your before looks like my stomach now! Great job!

CLCSC145
11-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Congrats! Wow, you really scar "well" - very faint for how soon it is after surgery. Any scars I get take forever and a day to fade.

Thanks for sharing your pics with us!

Sheena41
11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Wow you look really good. What a huge difference. Your scars are hardly noticeable.

lmvr2004
11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Fabulous!

lauralyn
11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Oh that looks really great!

Windchime
11-23-2009, 06:30 PM
That does look amazingly good, but I can see now why you were in so much pain--that's a lot of incision! I think that your scars aren't going to be bad at ALL; you already look like you're healing quite nicely. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

crzymom6
11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Wow! You look wonderful!

Thighs Be Gone
11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Amazing difference. Go you. I want to know more about the pain. Also, how does the doctor decide to do a full abdominalplasty or a mini-tuck? I would like to do an augmentation and tuck this summer.

JulieJ08
11-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I think you have just fantastic results :carrot: I'm glad you posted :)

joy3
11-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I want to thank you so much for sharing your experience here. I don't post often but this place has really helped in my weight loss. I've lost 120 pounds and know plastic surgery is in my near future. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your results. I know there is help for all the saggy skin I am left with. You look fantastic and have done a wonderful job on your weight loss journey!

sindurella
11-23-2009, 08:52 PM
You look great!

ladybugnessa
11-23-2009, 09:53 PM
wow! huge difference! looks great!

midwife
11-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow!!! You look great!

KforKitty
11-24-2009, 07:21 AM
You are a braver person than me sharing those pictures but I'm thankful that you did. I have some discontent with my lower abdomen after a 125lb weight loss but all in all I think I've come off lightly as its nothing that good control underwear can't deal with.

Your surgery looks great btw. Do you mind sharing how many inches the surgery has taken from your hips?

Thanks

Kitty

jillybean720
11-24-2009, 08:40 AM
I agree with te others - you're healing fabulously well for only 6 weeks out!

The thought of plastics scares the crap out of me, but I believe it may be a necessary evil in my future. I'm not even below 200 pounds yet, and my panni already hangs, as my insurance would say it, "below the pubis." I would like to wait until after I have my kids (hoping for 2 in the next few years), but I have read accounts of a heavy panni actually causing miscarriages or other complications during pregnancy, so we'll see how things go.
Amazing difference. Go you. I want to know more about the pain. Also, how does the doctor decide to do a full abdominalplasty or a mini-tuck? I would like to do an augmentation and tuck this summer.
It depends on how much skin you have, where it is located, and what results you're looking for. If you just have a "pooch" of skin in the front, a tuck might be sufficient, but many of us have skin on the front, sides, mons, etc. that a regular tuck just wouldn't be sufficient for. Me, I'm thinking I may need to go whole lower body lift, which means the horizontal incision doesn't just go from hip-to-hip but actually all the way around the entire abdomen.

JustWes
12-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Wow, the end results is amazing, Thanks foi being up front about the pain. Can't stand the flap, the new GF says she doesn't mind :) but I hate it. What was the cost? I have about 20lbs to go before surgery... thinking it will be around March April time frame.

Leenie
12-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Angela WOW !!! WOW !!! and WOW !!! ((( and a few ouches too ))) How are you feeling now darling?

Wes....lookie you !! your doing fantastic, WTG. Do we get any pictures? and congrats on the new GF.

Kriss
12-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Amazing!!! what a relief it must be for you. I cant stand my gut wort of all... it gets in the way of everything. I would be touching my towes all the time just to fel the feeling of nothing there! Congratulations! I will be havinga hernia surgery when I get my weight down... cant wait!

missangelaks
12-02-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm feeling 99% better Leenie, Thanks! The swelling is down even more and I feel thin now for the first time since GBP...I just didn't feel I looked as good as I felt and now I do!

Angela

missangelaks
12-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Wes...I went through the residency clinc at the University of Utah. It was a great experience but 6 hours away from where I live. Quite an inconvenience! But here in Boise the regular tummy tuck (which wouldn't have addressed the entire skin issue I had) would have cost me $10,000. In SLC, the full fleur de lis tummy tuck cost me just under $4,000 plus travel expenses and lodging. (about $1,000) It was worth it for me!

I'm glad to hear about the new GF...I am dating someone wonderful, too. He loved me before my plastics! That means a lot to me.

Good luck to you!

Angela

missangelaks
12-04-2009, 03:04 AM
AND thanks everyone for the nice comments, I feel great!

Angela

missangelaks
12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
oops

missangelaks
12-10-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm going to take the pics off soon...I need to stop looking at the before and cringing! I must move on! hehehe

Besides, my scars look better then that already!

Angela

missangelaks
12-10-2009, 06:39 AM
again????

30and300
12-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Wow your pictures look amazing. I have to say that like the others, the thought of that much pain is really scary.

I have severe gallbladder pain currently, and thought that was the most I could tolerate... but I guess the pain with my GB isn't as bad as the nausea.

Do the pain meds help you out enough to let you rest at least?

missangelaks
12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Do the pain meds help you out enough to let you rest at least?

They worked well enough to rest. I hated having to take them at all but the pain was too great to not.

horrorchick
12-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Wow!!!!!

Passionista
12-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Congratulations on your success and your belly looks beautiful! I will consider a similar surgery after I lose and have maintained my weight loss for a period of time.

saef
12-21-2009, 07:41 PM
As others have said, thanks so much for your generosity & honesty in sharing these pictures. I'm not happy with what I think of as my "navel overhang," which looks like your "before" picture.

I would not get rid of that "before" picture, if I were you. Think of it as a scar you got in a battle or duel where you fought hard & honorably, & where you won. It's part of your history. You can put it away in a drawer & move on, but do keep it. You are very inspiring. (Maybe someday .... as a present to myself ...)

Thighs Be Gone
12-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Thank you for the pics. You are one of the many, many I have heard say that the abdominal thing is quite painful. I am looking to have this done this summer but I must say it is really concerning me--I don't do well with pain. Pain meds usually don't stay down either for me so they are of little use to me. You look great and I appreciate your pictures.

missangelaks
12-22-2009, 01:37 PM
I would not get rid of that "before" picture, if I were you. Think of it as a scar you got in a battle or duel where you fought hard & honorably, & where you won. It's part of your history. You can put it away in a drawer & move on, but do keep it.

Oh I won't get rid of the pic, I just that I perfer to focus on where I am. :carrot:

I need to remember where I was, where I came from! fo sur

Angela

30and300
12-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Just have to say I love you for posting the pics Angela. I'm considering surgery, and one of my concerns is the skin. I lost weight in the past and had some noticeable issues, and thought I was doing something wrong. People kept saying "drink water and it'll get tight again!" but it never did. I felt awful about it, and gained the weight back in part because of it.

But now that I'm ready to lose weight for good, I feel stronger knowing how it can be dealt with, and more importantly, that it's normal. =)

missangelaks
12-24-2009, 02:25 PM
it's quite normal honey, there are plenty of people that are dealing with the skin issue...and though I have skin issues other then my belly...breasts, arms, thighs, buttocks...they're not that bad and I'm done with plastics! It hurt toooooo much and I won't do it again.

There that said, I'm glad to have NOT known what the pain was, I love the result but let me be a warning, IT HURTS!!!!!

Angela

30and300
12-24-2009, 10:20 PM
I saw this girl on youtube who lost a bunch of weight and got a full body lift. Lower body, arms, stomach, back & buttocks, I think she had breast implants at the same time too (cost like 20,000 for the works)... I can't imagine the pain of that either. I've never even had a broken bone or had a child, so that sort of pain is not something I am keen to jump in to. I guess we'll see how I feel when I get there too.

But seriously, you look awesome & thanks for posting the pics & your story. I have really appreciated your honesty about the pain & your experience. =)

missangelaks
12-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Oh dear...I thought of doing it all at once too! OUCH!!!! no thanks!

I don't mind sharing it... it was an honor.

blakkDuchess
12-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Holy moley, lady! These are awesome! Way to go! It's easy to say "I've lost this much weight", but to actually SEE your success is inspiring! You rock. And remember, you worked HARD for those scars! Wear them as a badge of pride. ^_^

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

candygirl4
01-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Wow you look awesome.....that is my dream, can I ask you did you have two incisions one in the bikini area and one straight up and down? not really my business but I am curoius as to the procedure.

missangelaks
01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
yes, it's called the Fleur de lis abdominoplasty because of the incision is shaped like a Fleur de lis before they close it. It is the most invasive PS they do and therefore the MOST PAINFUL but it was the only surgery that would address all my skin issues in that area.

nomena
01-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Honey, its worth it! :-)

fitgurl
01-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Wow...You look wonderful!

tosha711
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
You look great. I too had the surgery this past July and I am thrilled with my results. I was so afraid of the pain but for me it wasn't bad at all. My pain was more of a 'uncomfortable' feeling rather than actual pain.

nomena
01-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Friend of mine did similar surgery after weight loss but it was not so good. Nobody explained to here there is "small" and "big" surgery of belly. She got small and that means only horizontal cut, not also the vertical one that you also got, so now she have to do it again because its just half of the job really....

RN BSN 2009
01-03-2010, 05:47 AM
the only ccrappy part is that it will itch lol but otherwise its a good place to have a cut... can be easily hidden by bikini

missangelaks
01-03-2010, 03:06 PM
yes but I understand the need to go back and revise, the bikini cut wouldn't have dealt with the extra skin about the upper hip and waist line...it had to be done the way it was with the vertical line.

nomena
01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes, I know and it will look betther after that...the scar will pale...and I dont think its a big deal really...

missangelaks
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't either, it looks better then the pic already and if it bothers me in any way, I have plans for a very nice, pale tattoo that incorporates and blends in the scar.

snowmum
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi there
new to forum but please can you tell me how rto have a peep at your pics, i have finally got a date for my fleur de lys and I am very nervous! many thanks
sam

missangelaks
04-21-2010, 01:54 AM
alrighty then...I put the new, updated pics up for a while!

missangelaks
07-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Ok, added another picture to the before and after Plastics. It has been almost 2 years! The scars are fabulous!!!

I read through this post and wanted to say thanks for all the nice words and support! I needed that this week!

missangelaks
07-31-2011, 04:50 PM
I gained a little but I feel fabulous none the less!!

jiffypop
07-31-2011, 05:13 PM
it's been two years already? wow!!! seems like just a few months ago!! where did the time go!!???!

missangelaks
07-31-2011, 05:23 PM
seriously! Thanks Jiff!

SarRawrNaomi
08-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaay better. Way to go =)

missangelaks
08-01-2011, 11:33 AM
exactly!! thanks