Old 11-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default Friends and Losers - Nov 23-29th - Thanksgiving week!

Hi all!

Monday. Ugh. Luckily tomorrow is Wednesday and Wednesday is Friday. (that's always the way I look at Thanksgiving week )

I'm not sure what this week will look like on the sclae. I didn't eat terribly, but I did not journal all weekend, so I'm a little nervous.

Here's to a good week!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #2  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thanksgiving ALL!

I did pretty good this weekend eating wise. For some reason I haven't had much of an appetite so I wasn't constantly nibbling.

Good Luck getting through the Holiday this week. If you decide to take the day off, remember thats o.k., everyone needs a break or reward sometime.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #4  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone.I'm a little nervous about weighing in tomorrow.Didn't eat to bad but my Aunt made early Thanksgiving so we could celebrate with my cousins on Saturday.I think I behaved so hopefully that shows.Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.I keep telling myself if I eat anything extra on Thanksgiving I will work it off on Black Friday.LOL.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #5  
Katie

Morning all! I am a little worried to WI tomorrow too. I don't think that I did terrible, but we ate out several times this weekend. We got a pile of snow yesterday that does not seem to be leaving. I am wondering if it is here to stay. My grandma is having a brain surgery this afternoon to put a shunt in. She is having some trouble with water on the brain. Hopefully all will go well.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Katie - I hope your grandmother does well this afternoon. I'll be thinking of you all.

Lori - love the new photo!

I've been getting clothes together for my trip this week, which meant trying on all sorts of bathing suits and shorts. Yuck. I relly need to commit myself to an exercise program. REALLY commit, and stick with it long enough to start seeing some results. That will hopefully be a great motivator. Seriously, the bathing suit thing... oh my God! I hope people don't come running down the beach at me, trying to push me back into the water.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #7  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Katie - I hope your grandmother does well this afternoon. I'll be thinking of you all.

Lori - love the new photo!

I've been getting clothes together for my trip this week, which meant trying on all sorts of bathing suits and shorts. Yuck. I relly need to commit myself to an exercise program. REALLY commit, and stick with it long enough to start seeing some results. That will hopefully be a great motivator. Seriously, the bathing suit thing... oh my God! I hope people don't come running down the beach at me, trying to push me back into the water.
Katie- Hope your Grandma will be ok

Kimphin-I understand about the bathing suit thing.I had a heck of finding a suit that fit.I can fit into a 12 on the bottom but have a hard time finding a top that will fit.My husband finally took me into a maternity store of all places and I found a top.

I love my new pic to,My cousins were in town for the weekend and we had early Thanksgiving.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Katie- Postive thoughts are going to your grandma.

I weighed in this morning and I am down a pound into the 180's not been there since 1998 wow!!! a long time ago...about 3 kids ago.. Anyway I know it is just 189 but it is a milestone for me.. my orignal goal was 180 and it is so close!!! I am hoping that is my motivation to use moteration on Thursday!!! Maybe it will work...

Jillian- Hope everything is going well.

Lori- I also love your new pic

Kim- Bathing suits- good luck ...

Amy- good advice about thanksgiving
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #9  
Katie

AmyM- Yay! Good job on the 180's!!

My grandma's surgery was cancelled a little while ago because she has a urinary tract infection. She is diabetic, so they won't take any chances on infection. I am glad that the hospital caught it. Thanks for all of the well wishes!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Amy M! Woo hoo! That's terrific!

I am weighing in later. I don't think it will be quite as dramatic as the last 2 weeks, but I'll take what I can get.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Thank you Katie and Kim.

I need to tell you all about these jeans I just bought. They are Levi's 544 and they are design to lift your rear and smooth out your waist. Now do not get me wrong I do not believe they are miracle jeans but they do help out a lot. I got mine at ROSS (a designer discount store) for $14.99. I could not be happier and have gotten a ton of compliments today.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, The right jeans can make you look and feel much slimmer. Congrats on the 180's. You are getting there little by little. My advice for Thanksgiving is to enjoy yourself, but make it just for one meal only. An occasional blip up in calories can actually help your weight loss, as it keeps your metabolism going. But eat slowly and savor the good times and the gathering of everyone. If you are going to feel deprived because you didn't get pumpkin pie and pout about it for weeks (OK I may be projecting here about the pie issue) then have a piece! Also a good thing to do when you've eaten a little extra is to work out a little extra beforehand or the day after (or ideally both).
Of course that is harder to fit in when you are the one cooking.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 11-24-2009 at 01:18 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #13  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
(OK I may be projecting here about the pie issue)
Barbara - that made me laugh!

Well, just as I suspected. Down 1lb. It's OK, I'll take it, but I am taking down my thanksgiving goal ticker, short 5lbs.

Since I will be gone, I wanted to wish everyone a very happy THANKSGIVING!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #14  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi, I have missed everyone! I haven't been on the site for quite a while. I have so many things going on at my office that I haven't had any time for the computer. My work life has been effecting my personal life which really sucks.
The stress I am under has helped me to lose a couple of pounds but that is the only good thing about it.
Hopefully I can catch up soon. I haven't even been on facebook much.
Anyways, I hope everyone is doing great!
I just wanted to pop in and say hi

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #15  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Congrats Katie,Amy M & Kim!!!!

I have been very busy this past week. Just wanted to give an update on my WI and say hello!!

Btw...at the COD they are giving out these Xmas/holiday guides with a calorie guide for holiday treats. I am going to type it in but open a new thread.So anyone interested ....check it out!

So howz everyone doing with Thanksgiving preps?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote