Old 11-22-2009, 01:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Default ~*WEEKLY CHAT! Nov. 22 - Nov. 28~*

Well, here it is folks! Our new weekly chat thread. We can pretty much give daily updates on our week and try to keep up with each other's lives. Tell us how you are doing this week. Are you staying OP? Visit with the family? Kid issues? I'm hoping everyone joins in...I would like to get to know some of the calorie counters a little better and I think this thread will help us.

As for me: It's early Sunday morning...I should actually be in bed, but I got a big day planned for tomorrow and I have to get things together. My son is turning 5 Monday and his bday party is tomorrow. Eeek! Cake and icecream! However, I'm prepared and I know that I can have a little just keep it in moderation!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 148/143/120

Height: 5'0"

Hi! Jumping in here...I'm fairly new and just posted my intro on the main intro thread. Would also like to get to know the other calorie counters.

I've been OP since Monday, after giving myself permission to go off last week while I was miserably sick with a cold/flu-like thing. I spent most of last week in bed. So I wasn't eating much, but I wasn't tracking it either. But I picked right back up once I was feeling better, and was happy to realize that I actually wanted to - it didn't feel like something I had to do or was dreading. Yay!

Hope the birthday party goes well, Shauna!
untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #3  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

It been busy around her too. I'm hoping that at my official weekly weight in first thing Tuesday Morning I'll be under 200 pounds. Keep your fingers crossed for me
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #4  

Fingers crossed, Aiesline!!

Untamed...Good job on picking back up on plan!

I am doing horrible this week so far. Had the bday party yesterday, and then today was just a disaster...ugh! Getting back on plan for tomorrow and will be tracking EVERYTHING. I just had a bad day. It happens, I know.
My gym is awful! It makes me mad every time I go in there. I'm not rejoining when my contract is up. The cardio equipment is soooo shabby and horrible. I hate it!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #5  

Good luck tomorrow morning Aiesline! Let us know how it goes.

Shauna, yup it happens! But tomorrow is another day. That's too bad about your gym! How long til your contract is up?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #6  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning ladies. I'm going to jump right in here. I haven't been on the CC threads for a few months and I see I'm a stranger. Seems as if there is a natural progression of new and different fat chicks.

I've been away from home for over 3 weeks and have another 3 to go. I'm helping my DS and DIL with their baby. I'll get home just in time to realize I have nothing done for Christmas! It's hard counting calories away from home. My food scale is there and my own kitchen. Some days I don't eat enough and others a bit too much. Thankfully, I have the computer to put everything into fitday. It's an estimate on many of the foods and not as accurate as when I'm home. But I've managed to lose 3 pounds and I've had a 6k walk most days.

Anyway, I know most of you are up to your necks in Thanksgiving preparations (unless you are Canadian living in Canada, like me) and this thread and most of the others will be like a long weekend at 3FC.

Take care and catch you all later.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #7  

Hey Isabella! Glad you could join in! I agree being away from home does make counting harder, but I think if you just watch your proportions and record them on fitday (like you are doing) you will be fine. And look, you lost! That's great! I need a food scale. I have not invested in one yet. I'm just guessing...haha!

Untamed...my contract is up in April or May, I think. I thought about going ahead and cancelling it, but I may can get some use out of the weight training machines. They do offer aerobic classes but it's always right at 5 and I have to pick my son up from daycare no later than 6. Its just so much of a hassle trying to rush to the gym after work and then rush to get to the daycare...so, I normally don't go.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey, thanks for starting this weekly chat!

This week is gonna be sort of crazy for me, just like almost everyone else.

I use the gyms on campus, normally right after work... and tomorrow they all close early, so I'll have to work out at home. Oh, except that my dad is coming down some time in the evening, so I'm not even sure that will work. Blah.

Thursday I'm going to my dad's family's thanksgiving celebration, but my husband has to work and we only have one vehicle, so I'm riding there (2 hours away) with my dad and his wife. This means leaving early in the morning because my dad wants to hunt nearby. I won't be able to exercise (I guess I could go for a walk and hope I don't get lost). I plan on overeating because out of my 2 or 3 Thanksgivings and 3 or 4 Christmases every year, this one is my FAVORITE in terms of food. I'm gonna have white wine and shrimp dip with crackers and Jell-o salads and cranberry sauce and cranberry bread and pumpkin pie and not feel guilty about any of it! (I guess I'll also have turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and whatnot. But "real food" bores me. I want fruit and snacks and desserts. )

Friday I'm taking the day off from work (woohoo!!) and some time in the afternoon or evening we're headed up to our hometown (2.5 hours away). Saturday my husband is playing in a flag football game at 9am, then there's a birthday party for a 1-year-old with lunch, then MIL's Thanksgiving dinner. So, lots of food, but I'll do my best. MIL's cooking doesn't really tempt me, and I might bring a vegetable dish because she only makes veggies that are mushy and covered in sauce or butter. We're driving home that night, so probably no time to exercise, unless I can fit in a run or something between the two parties.

Luckily, on Sunday, life gets back to normal. I can't wait!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #9  

This year, we are only have 3 Thanksgiving dinners. Our own family on Thursday, my mom's family on Friday, and then some of DH's family on Sunday. So, it will probably be a full weekend (food-wise). So, mayness, I definitely agree with you. Thanksgiving only happens once a year and its only for one weekend, so I'm not going to act like I can't eat anything on the table! Haha!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #10  

Good morning, everyone! How's it going today? I'm sure everyone is off busy with Thanksgiving festivities. I will be doing that tomorrow thru Sunday.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey! Wanted to jump in here ... Sounds like you all are all doing well! The holidays are a tough time to get through ... last year I put on 10 lbs that I never got rid of (until recently )

I am CC on Thanksgiving, but just b/c I'm getting married in April, have engagement pictures the end of December ... If it wasn't for the dead lines it would be an "off" day ... Should be fine except the fiance's dad will ask awkward questions *sigh*

I'm eating two dinners on Thanksgiving ... I know it's a no-no but I'm skipping breakfast (I'm not much of a breakfast eater anyways) ... I'm going to eat lightly at the fiance's family dinner (they cook southern style ... which doesn't do much for me ) ... My sister is holding her first Thanksgiving later that night ... I'm holding out for that

Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Ashbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #12  
Isabella

Hope everyone had or is having a great Thanksgiving down yonder in the USA. Not much going on in the threads today. I'm guessing everyone is busy chowing down and visiting family and friends. Come back after the holiday.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #13  

Shauna - That's too bad about the class schedule! I always had a problem with that when I was working at my last job, classes would start at 5:15 or 5:30, when I didn't get out of work until 5 - not nearly enough time to make there, get changed etc.

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well, or is going well for those with multiple celebrations through the weekend! Mine was pretty quiet, I don't have any family and this year my friends didn't do anything, so I ended up cooking at home for just me. I'm happy though that I did really well food-wise - I still counted calories, and couldn't even finish one plate. Had a small serving of leftovers later. Only went over by about 300 calories total. Yay!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #14  

Well, as I thought I didn't count yesterday or today. It's just so hard when you are making stuff from scratch, ya know? I will have to sit down one day and just figure how many calories are in a serving of my sweet potato casserole...I probably do not want to know...haha! I hope everyone is having a good day. Off to my grandmother's house tonight. See y'all!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #15  
Isabella

I just got off the scales and have lost 2.5 pounds this week. I didn't lose anything last week so I'm so happy this morning. This is my free day so I hope I don't blow it by really over eating. This is the day I have my dessert for the week so I don't want to eat so much to push the scales back up.

Have a good weekend, everyone.