Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/248/190

Height: 6 ft

Default Hello there.

I am new to this site. It seems pretty cool so far. I am inspired by alot of the stories on here.

Here is a little about my self:
My wife, Leann and I started the Ideal Protein (IP) diet. She started 2 weeks ago. I started 1 week after her. She has lost 9 pounds so far, and I am very proud of her.

I have been overweight since I was about 12-13 years old. I am not sure what caused my obesity, but it snowballed until I was 29 and 411 pounds. I had Roux en y weight loss surgery 8 years ago. I dropped to 235 pounds and of course I wanted to drop more, but it seemed I couldn't go any lower. I have not really ever tried to eat any better since my surgery. You would think that getting so low I would have adopted better eating habits. The contrary happened, although I could only eat smaller portions, I ate the fattiest nastiest things I could. I have never really been a sugar kind of guy so that was not the problem. My problem is grease, and salt. Fast food is my weakness. But that has all changed now...

Since starting IP this week, I have eaten more veggies than I think I have ever had in my whole life. I am kidding, of course. I tried to eat fresh veggies everyday to offset the grease and salt diet. Damn you Chester Cheetah, you evil sonofab#$%^.

I started at 248 lbs officially on Thursday. I had been doing this since Monday, and the scale I had is garbage so I have no way of knowing what I was really at on Monday. I will keep posting my results at every weekly weigh in. My goal is to get to 180-190.

I am happy to say that I am actually enjoying this diet. It is much easier to do than I remember. I had been on several diets when I was a teenager, but of course none worked.

Bye for now.

Scott
sbinkerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/135

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Good luck, Scott. You are lucky that you have such great support at home. Use your wife as a sounding board and make sure you listen to her as well. Every diet starts well but even the best diet, you will have down days. Sometimes, it helps to say, "I am feeling low today". Don't be afraid to ask for support.
Carly Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:50 PM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Scott!
Wow, what a journey so far! Sounds like you and Leann on right on track with a great plan - good luck with your goals - we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different plans to help get you through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

Last edited by leeway; 11-24-2009 at 01:50 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #4  

Location: Orignally from Central Ohio area now going to school in Utah

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome to this forum! You will find great support here! Good luck with all your goals
BrittniMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #5  

Welcome and good luck
imhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #6  
Be happy.

Hi Scott, it's nice to meet you.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #7  
k8t
k8t

Welcome to the site!
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/248/190

Height: 6 ft

I am at 239.2 as of this morning. almost 10 pounds in 1 week! thanksgiving is on the horizon though...
sbinkerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #9  
Secret Agent

S/C/G: 222.2/221/150

Height: 5'5"

LMAO about Chester Cheetah... hahahahahah
alhiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Scott and welcome to 3FC. Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinkerd1 View Post
I am new to this site. It seems pretty cool so far. I am inspired by alot of the stories on here.

My wife, Leann and I started the Ideal Protein (IP) diet. She started 2 weeks ago. I started 1 week after her. She has lost 9 pounds so far, and I am very proud of her.

I have been overweight since I was about 12-13 years old. I am not sure what caused my obesity, but it snowballed until I was 29 and 411 pounds. I had Roux en y weight loss surgery 8 years ago. I dropped to 235 pounds and of course I wanted to drop more, but it seemed I couldn't go any lower. I have not really ever tried to eat any better since my surgery. You would think that getting so low I would have adopted better eating habits. The contrary happened, although I could only eat smaller portions, I ate the fattiest nastiest things I could. I have never really been a sugar kind of guy so that was not the problem. My problem is grease, and salt. Fast food is my weakness. But that has all changed now...

Since starting IP this week, I have eaten more veggies than I think I have ever had in my whole life. I am kidding, of course. I tried to eat fresh veggies everyday to offset the grease and salt diet. Damn you Chester Cheetah, you evil sonofab#$%^.

I started at 248 lbs officially on Thursday. I had been doing this since Monday, and the scale I had is garbage so I have no way of knowing what I was really at on Monday. I will keep posting my results at every weekly weigh in. My goal is to get to 180-190.

I am happy to say that I am actually enjoying this diet. It is much easier to do than I remember. I had been on several diets when I was a teenager, but of course none worked.

Bye for now.

Scott
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
jezzicaz789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Scott, and welcome! I am glad you are joining us. I wish you the best on your weight loss journey.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinkerd1 View Post

Bye for now.

Scott
You go getem Scott...I really think this is the best program...I hope you have great success...

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #14  
is chubby

After a year of eating maximum 5 grams of salt a day I can tell you I hate the taste of very salty things now.
And I was an avid consumer of crisps, salted nuts and fast food. I got sensitive to salt again and food actually tastes more... diverse I think the word is. It used to taste all like salt and fat, which isn't a bad combination but quite monotone.

And welcome of course
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote