30-Somethings - Weekly Weigh Ins?

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh Ins?

bensempress
11-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey everyone!

Beginning tomorrow I'm going to be doing a weekly weigh in every Saturday, and beforehand I'll be doing a "last chance workout" lol..

I got to thinking, and I'm wondering if anyone else wants to participate in a weekly weigh in together? We can do a weekly thread to post our weights, our thoughts and how the week went overall for us.

What do you think?

weebleswobble
11-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I would be happy to do that with you. :)

bensempress
11-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Sounds fantastic! I look forward to it:)

I'm 5 hours behind Eastern time/ 2 hours behind PST so you might have to start the weigh in thread... but I'll be there!

skinnychicagogirl
11-21-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm IN! Is it OK if i weigh in thursdays? That's the day of my ww meeting. I could wait to post until friday or saturday.... Yay! :)

bensempress
11-21-2009, 03:54 AM
Sounds good! No reason we can't have each weekly weigh in thread good for the entire week :)

weebleswobble
11-21-2009, 10:09 AM
yeah, why not just have a discussion thread, that we close out when it hits the max # of posts?

bensempress
11-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Might as well do it on this thread this week, since its already here :)

So, I weighed in today after doing 30 minutes Yoga and 1.5 hours of "total body sculpt" with Gilad. Thanks goodness tomorrow is rest day! Man, my abs and thighs are burning... lol

Anyway, I lost 3 pounds! I weighed in at 206. I'm stoked! I worked hard this week, can't wait to see what this next week brings:)

weebleswobble
11-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Wooo. :) I"m still at 210. :) It's my "Thanksgiving Break" from school which means I've been sitting on my keester writing a paper all day.

I did take a break to clean the bathroom today, because we have family coming in starting tomorrow....

bensempress
11-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I hate cleaning the bathroom! It's probably the worst chore I can think of, lol.

Unfortunately no family for us living so far from everyone but we usually stay in and watch movies while the turkey cooks, then we play games and sleep... and sleep... and sleep... you get the idea :D

weebleswobble
11-21-2009, 06:40 PM
actually we have a cleaning lady coming in, I just had to do the pre-cleaning. (i.e.picking up all the clothes off the floor, etc.)

You would think, living in Hawaii, that everyone would always want to come and visit you!

bensempress
11-21-2009, 08:11 PM
LOL! You would think... Honestly, our mothers make it out here about once a year, once in awhile an aunt/uncle/brother (no sisters!) will show up.

skinnychicagogirl
11-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi all - my weight on Thursday's weigh in was 167.4, which was pretty rough - it was after a week long beach vaca. Too many fruity cocktails I guess! I won't be in town for my ww meeting next week, but I'll post my weight when I get back!

weebles, I totally hear ya on the "pre-clean" - doing that myself today.

bensempress - GREATJOB on your loss!!! 3 lbs is a-mazing!!!!

Have a great week all!

weebleswobble
11-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Skinny, at least you didn't end up above your start weight. I hope you had a nice time!!!

squeak351
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
weebles I will come visit ya! Just send me a plane ticket and I am there. lol

I will join in this thread but I won't get to post until Monday. I do my weigh in's on Monday.

After a rough week and overeating some Chinese I am only down .4 lbs. But .4 down is better than .4 up....

bensempress
11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
You'e got that right! .1 down is on the right track, .4 down is great :)

Close2MyHeart
11-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Can I join in?? I know I'm new here... but perhaps a weekly weigh in will help me! :)

I weighed in on Saturday at 177. I'm thinking I'll gain this week tho w/ thanksgiving, lack of motivation, lack of commitment... ok, yah, so I really need help. :/

weebleswobble
11-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Squeak, you want to come see me in Indiana? :) Hee!

EVERYONE I'm at 208.8. oops so much for weekly. :) LOL. :)

squeak351
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah I'll come visit anywhere! lol I haven't left the Tn border much mostly to SC and back. I want to travel but DH likes to be a home body.When I do talk him into traveling he doesn't like to go far or to places he's never been before. :(

Thanksgiving is a rough week but it's important to make it a holiDAY and not a holiWEEK!!

skinnychicagogirl
11-25-2009, 12:50 AM
thanksgiving IS rough. for a lot of people, it's taking them out of their routines, out of their homes, eating out, etc. The one thing my ww leader kept telling us, is "it's JUST ONE MEAL" and the food isn't that special. It's not 5 diamond cooking - it's food you can make any day of the week. It's just one meal....

My focus for the week is getting exercise in and making the best choices I can. It won't be a perfect week, but it's all about damage control. I can't expect perfection - but I can expect to make the best choices (i.e. stop at seconds, order a salad, get out of bed 30 min early for a run, etc.)

bensempress
11-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey everyone, welcome to the weigh-in thread Closetomyheart! Glad you decided to join in... Not motivated huh? I guess we'll have to come up with something then. Maybe some good ol' friendly competition? :)

I've had the flu since Tuesday (the worst in over a decade...) I FINALLY feel a little better today, but not enough. I've been so lethargic, feverish, very "flu-ish" for days, if you know what I mean! Hasn't been pretty. I weighed in today and gained .5 pounds :(

However being so sick saved me from eating all the turkey day fare but man, I would have rather done that than gotten sick!

I'll be back to my workout schedule by Monday, I better be :)

Skullarix
11-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Hello, I'll throw down! I was 169 on Saturday 11/27 (I think that was Saturday).

weebleswobble
11-29-2009, 08:10 PM
3 pounds in 6 days! :)

ETA: oh no I have a messed up 3FC ticker that says I weigh 255, I weigh 205, HA HA

OH I FIXED IT

fattybobatty
11-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Is it too late to join in?

weebleswobble
11-30-2009, 03:32 PM
:) Weigh in! :)