Exercise! - Music??
11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I was just wondering what you listened to while you exercised? What are you favorite motivational songs, etc? Music is the one thing that keeps me moving while I'm on the treadmill or rowing. Well, that or a new issue of Cosmo/Elle/Shape/etc. Anyway, I'm currently listening pop music (Lady GaGa and Britney Spears) and 90s rap. Weird, I know. But I'm getting kind of tired with my current selections and am looking for some new suggestions!
Thighs Be Gone
11-18-2009, 10:48 PM
I like Rihanna, Britney Spears, Black-eyed Peas, Eminem, some 80's stuff...I also really like the song "Planes" from Slumdog Millionaire movie. I just downloaded Blackeyed Peas, "Meet me Halfway" and also "Sexy *****." I forget who sings Sexy B***** but it's awesome.
11-20-2009, 11:35 AM
here's what i got. dunno if you'll like any of it.
1. avril lavigne: girlfriend
2.black eyed peas : dirty dancing
3. black eyed peas: sexy
4. chris cornell feat. timbaland: part of me
5. christina aguilera: dirty
6. franz ferdinand: take me out
7. ice cube : you can do it
8. jamiroquai: runaway
9. juanes feat. black eyed peas: la paga
10. justin timberlake: like i love you
11. justin timberlake : sexyback
12. michael jackson: pyt
13. miley cyrus: party in the usa (im loooving this one right now)
14. notorious b.i.g. :hypnotize
15. pink: god is a dj
16. fergie: fergalicious
17. limp bizkit: faith
18. red hot chili peppers: hump de bump
19. pcd: buttons
20. pcd: dontcha
21. beyonce: work it out
not a lot and varies day by day depending on my mood. if im angry and really dont want to be working out, i'll add some angry rock. it helps get me thru.
11-21-2009, 12:02 PM
here are the songs that are playing on my iPod constantly these days!
1. i agree with Thighs Be Gone - I love the Black Eyed Peas "Meet Me Halfway"
2. "Empire State of Mind" - Jay Z and Rihanna
3. "The World is Mine" - David Guetta featuring. DJ Davis... I have never been into techno at all, but my spin instructor played this once in class and I had to download it! It's a seven minute song, and the first 1 minute and 15 seconds is slow, but then it really picks up, and its great to run or spin to!
4. Young Forever - Jay Z
5. Electric Feel - Mgmt
6. Kids - Mgmt
7. Hate on Me - Jill Scott
8.Whatcha Say - Jason Derulo
And for cool down, I like anything by Ray LaMontagne - my two favorites are "Trouble" and "You Are The Best Thing"...
Hope this helps... Music is KEY to my workouts, if i don't have my iPod (and i'm not taking a class at my gym) my workouts suck!
11-21-2009, 12:05 PM
oops, correction - my no.2 song "Empire state of mind" is Jay Z and Alicia Keys, not rihanna... don't really know what i was thinking...anyway, the chorus on that song sung by alicia keys is fantastic!
11-21-2009, 02:19 PM
I always go for songs I can sing along to...or mouth along to, as it were. Don't wanna bother people! Hahaha...but I usually go for good lyrics (either angry or inspirational...go figure) and a faster beat.
My list changes all the time, but here are the constants:
Be Somebody - Kings of Leon
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Totalimmortal - AFI
The Boy That Destroyed the World -AFI
Smile - AFI
Dirt Room - Blue October
Love Sex Magic - Ciara and Justin Timberlake
American Boy - Estelle feat. Kanye West
I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked - Ida Maria
Paparazzi - Lady GaGa
Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
Fireman - Lil Wayne
Hot Revolver - Lil Wayne
I'm Me - Lil Wayne
Hardest Button To Button - White Stripes
Dashboard - Modest Mouse
Rock Yo Hips - Crime Mobb
Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Shake Ya Tailfeather - Nelly, Diddy, Murphy Lee
The Suffering - Coheed and Cambria
Get Em High - Kanye West feat. Common and Talib Kwali
11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Yay! Thank ya'll so much for the new suggestions, I will be downloading the ones I don't have yet shortly!