Weight Loss Support - Stay at home Mom's #56

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #56

ECmom
07-31-2002, 01:17 PM
Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #55 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny

ECmom
07-31-2002, 01:21 PM
Hi!
Just another quick hello. I hope that our newcomers, Tami and Karen make it over here from the previous thread. I just have a hard time keeping track of a thread when it gets too long. Bear or little brain here!

One quick note- Spryng has started up a new challenge to lose 5 # by August 15. I will join her- I have a family picnic and my Ds and her family are coming in that week and I would surely like to be a bit thinner by then. Thanks for challenging us, Spryng! Anyone else to join us?

Gotta go check up on Dd............we are then off to a really primative lake a few miles from here to fish and hike. See ya later!
Ginny (sorry this is so short and no personal replies)

lovmykiddies
07-31-2002, 03:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome! It might take me a little while to get everyone's names straight so please bear with me!!!:dizzy:

I don't have much time to write a lot now but I wanted to jump at the chance to accept Spryng's 5lb challenge!! I'm game!

I'll try to hop on later and write more!

Tami

P.S. I think I saw someone else here from WI...where in Wisconsin are you??

spryng
07-31-2002, 07:58 PM
Good evening all!
First I want to stop right here and say CONGRATS to mel on her loss!! That is so motivating to hear!! You are really doing great and it's getting contagious! And what a great workout you got today :) I didn't get on yesterday and haven't yet today. My eating hasn't been too bad but hasn't been great either. No gain, no loss.
SOmebody asked me about eating the fruit. I'm not on a fruit diet but I did try Fit For Life which encourages eating only fruit until noon because it really helps your system digest everything thats in it and gives it a kick for the rest of the day. Well I didn't stick with FFL, but I am still eating only fruit until noon this week. I feel better when I do it. The strange thing is this exercising is really changing my body. My size 8 jeans are actually loose on me today and I've gained weight, not lost. Weird huh? Not that I'm complaining. I'm very happy when my body responds to something postive like exercise.
Anyway, thanks for all who joined my 5 # challenge. I really think we can do it. I've just got to get back on that bike!!
Jackie I asked about your arm workout because my recumbant bike has built in handle bar things that you move up and down for a upper body workout. I really like them and my upper back has really trimmed up.
Well, guess I'll get off here. Oh one more thing. My dd has an appointment Aug 28 to have her hernia corected through surgery for all who knew she was having probelms. It's really stuck out there today so we ran her to the doctor and he finally saw it and made a surgery date. I'm a little scared but all in all I think she will be just fine.
G'nite!

ECmom
07-31-2002, 08:55 PM
Good evening!!!!!
First of all, Melissa, I think I started this thread while you were posting on the old one!! Sorry about that!!!!!!! Good for you on losing and being so motivated!!!!
Tami- no problem with getting all the names straight. I get confused a lot myself... for a while we had so many newcomers I could not keep track of it all. Just stop in and say hello anytime you like.

Spryng- I will most definatetly (sp- brain dead mother syndrome) keep you and Dd in prayer with regards to the hernia surgery. I am sure that all will go well, they would not recommend the procedure if it was not necessary. But it is tough to think that your sweet little one will be in the hospital. My youngest Dd is going to need a test soon herself for reflux, which I pray she has outgrown. If not, she too will need surgery and a week in the hospital.

Ok, gotta scoot!!!!! I hope to get back here later and address from the previous thread. Have a great nite!
Ginny

Freckles
08-01-2002, 09:13 AM
Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd "sneak" on the 'puter before the entire troop wakes up in my house. I had a hard time getting here this a.m. though! Between this old computer being at a snails pace & my DH laptop not accepting me to post @ 3FC's for some dumb reason, I had to throw my hands up in the air for awhile. I think that my ds turned the cookies off on my dh 'puter & this is why it doesn't want to accept me posting anymore. Oh well, I'm here now!!:dizzy: First of all: I'd like to answer Tami's question. I live less than an hour away from Milwaukee. Where do you live? This w/b bazaar,but you're not the Tami that lost so much weight as a teenager that she had to get her picture re-taken on her drivers license, are you? It's kind of funny-I'm usually the one that notices someone from WI on this website & you caught me off guard. ;) Ginny: You sound as busy as I've been this summer. Were you able to keep the two young "lovebirds" at a safe distance from one another? It won't be too long & I'll probably be dealing with the same problem in my household. The time sure flies by, doesn't it? As for our new challenge: As I said in our previous thread, I will also join the 5# 3-wk. challenge. I'm not sure how I'll do though, as I leave for the "Northwoods" on Saturday for a weeks vacation. I'm a little concerned to leave the cats for an entire week alone in the house together, so between my DM & DB, they will take turns staying at the house. So...with overnight guests staying @ our house while we're gone, I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off getting the house cleaned & organized! I normally do an extreme job of cleaning the house anyways before a long trip, as I like to return to a clean house. With my Mom staying here, I'm not sure how clean it w/b when we return though. I call her a little tornado, as she can mess my house up just coming over for dinner! So Ginny: How was your day at the lake? Did you catch any trophy fish & did you get a little burned? I've been pretty lucky this summer & managed to tan quite nicely, with minimal burning at the start of the season. Does this happen with age, or just a streak of luck? lol
Spryng: I really envy you for your size 8 jeans getting big on you. (A little jealous,too!) lol Muscle can do wonder's for our bods, can't it? As for your dd's hernia surgery: I hope all goes well & am sending out my Get Well wishes in advance. I just talked to a lady the other day that has a little girl that went through the same operation on her 2 y/o. This same little girl went through stomach surgery when she was only hours old & she made it through both operations with little or no problems. Well gals, it's time for me to start a load of wash & do my Cinderella chores for the day. TTFN

MistyMichele
08-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Hello Girls!

Well the girls are finally better! I'm so glad.
I don't have much time here so I'm gonna be short. Glad to see you all are doing ok! Mel, WTG girl!!!

spryng
08-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Wow. I can't believe it. I've been posting here an entire year now :) I think I joined when it was at thread # 12. Wow. Now it's at # 56. And I'm still trying to get off these last 15 lbs!! :lol:

Jackie thanks for joining the 5# challenge. I know you are going to be busy the next few weeks so even a couple lb loss will be a challenge for you but I'm here to root you on!! Did you get on the bike yesterday? I didn't. I feel bad about it. But after I get the house in order this morning I plan on getting on for a good stretch.

Ginny thank you for being concerned about my dd. I was really scared about the idea of surgery but the doctor was more than generous with information and made me feel lots better. He's done alot of surgeries on children for hernias so I know she is in good hands.

Well I had a peach for breakfast so far today and am planning on eatinglight because my eating was horrible yesterday. I was a little stressed out. I really need to get control of myself.
TTYL!

ECmom
08-01-2002, 01:11 PM
Good morning!!!!!!!!!
(it is almost afternoon............oh well)
How is everyone today???
Jackie, your upcoming vacation sounds great.......nice and cool and peaceful! (just the kind of vacation I like!) I hear ya with wanting to leave the house clean b4 vacation- so this is a difficult week for you getting everything in order. (but that has to burn some calories, eh?) Have a great time! When are you leaving? We will miss your humor and friendship here.... and your long posts. I hope that the kitties are just fine, Clarabelle should be fine and I hope that the kitten is not too destructive without you around. (sorry, I forgot her name) Glad that you are joining us for the 5# challenge. Even while on vacation it is nice to know that you have a goal ahead of you to focus on when you get home.

Michele- congrats!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you that those nasty chicken pox are gone! Glad that you only can get them once too, right? Enjoy being able to go in public with your girls again too.
(I found that hard as Dd and Ds got chicken pox sequentially- so I was unable to get out for almost 3 weeks).

Spryng-I hope that today your eating is getting back under control! Oh, I know how tough that can be? With regards to your stress, is that because of Dd's surgery or something else? (if it is none of my business that's ok- I do pray for my thread friends and it helps to be specific that is all). Is this a carry over from the stress you were under a few weeks ago? It is good that you have confidence with Ds's surgeon and that he has done a lot of this procedure. I will continue to pray for her and you.

Well, as for me, we survived the lake. It is a remote primative lake, and there were not too many people there. Dd (6) went to a water park with some friends, so I took Dd and her Bf and Ds.
There is this great rope swing over the lake, sort of like tarzan- that you drop 15 feet into the lake. Dd and her Bf went in- Ds chickened out, but still had a good time. It was awful hot...... so we did not stay all that long. But we had fun. And yes I was successful at keeping Dd and Bf from too much time alone- they had their privacy but not enough to get into trouble.

Well, speaking of anniversaries (Happy one year Spryng!) mine at this site comes up at the end of the month (2 years). And, blabberpuss me, this is my 800th post (ye gads!!!). Guess I like it here a bit. Oh, and I forget exactly how much I weighed when I started- but I am down somewhere around 15# from my first post 2 years ago..........no speed record there..........and I have put on a few pounds, lost a few. Guess the good news is that the overall numbers are down.
Enough blabbering......got my walk in this am and so far my eating has been very good.
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!
Ginny

Sinnrah
08-01-2002, 01:22 PM
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. Sprying....your jeans are too big? Great for you. I kept all my big jeans. I like to still put them on. LOL. A big reminder for me.

sinnrah

lovmykiddies
08-01-2002, 01:36 PM
Hello ladies!

Well, last night I was soooo tired when I got home from work at 9 (I work part time-nights and weekends-at a wild life art gallery) but I MADE myself ride my bike. Even though I only did about 13 minutes....guess it's better than nothing. I'm going to start doing the Walk Away the Pounds tapes....anyone have any opinions on these???

Jackie -I live right by LaCrosse. Nope it wasn't me that had to get her drivers license photo retaken! I guess we don't live near eachother but it's always fun to find another Wisconsinite on the boards!!!

Ginny -Happy 800th post!!!

Melissa -I forgot to congratulate you on you loss for last week! Keep it up!!!

Oh man I forgot who else I was going to post to!!!! Oh well I have to get going before my ds ends up killing my dd!!! UGH! Have a great day everyone and remember our challenge---5 pounds...WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Tami

230/221/???

sassypie
08-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Hi All :)

Ok this really is going to be short today as I've been on the pc all am sending emails to all those people that I haven't talked to/seen in a while. Sheesh!! That can be really time-consuming - but I'm glad it's done!

Spryng - I am sending my well wishes for your dd during her operation. She sounds like she's in good hands and will be just fine :). I hope your stress doesn't consume you too much - try to find something that will make you relax for a while - maybe a bath while the kids are napping?

Tami - sorry for not welcoming you earlier!! Nice to meet you! I'm Jen, married for 8 yrs with 2 girls (6 and 4) and one naughty little puppy. I'm using exercize as my weight loss tool of choice and seem to be doing well so far. Hope to hear lots from you as you get to know us here and get settled. :)

Ginny - WOW 800 posts is a ton!! But at least you always have good advice and inspirational words. We would miss you if you cut back!

Jackie- have a great time in the northwoods - it sounds so fun! And you need to figure out what's going on with those pc's of yours - we don't want you to be "lost in cyber-space"!! I hope your mom doesn't destroy your house too much while you're gone ;)

Gotta scoot - lunch time now and my dd's want to get on the pc and look up some games on playhouse disney. I plan to do tae bo today (ugh! it's one of my least favorites - sooooo hard!) but what can I say? Do I want to look good or be lazy......hmmmmmm.........:s: .

Have a great day - talk to you soon!!!!!!!!

KarenW
08-01-2002, 04:57 PM
Hi Everyone!

This is Karen (crochetlegacy) I am having trouble with my server and I couldnt get 3FC to update my email address. So I am using my OLD sign in!

I have been reading just unable to post!

I have to run right now.. but I will check back in later! :)

Hugs!

Karen

mel17
08-02-2002, 01:12 AM
Hi ladies,

It's been a little crazy around here, but I wanted to check in! Didn't even get to exercise today, but did plenty of stuff to make up for it! Dn's dad is coming up tomorrow and he's also bringing 2 Dd to visit thier big brother! On top of that we are going school shopping tomorrow, because we have a TAX HOLIDAY this weekend on clothes and school supplies! Can't pass that up!!!

I'm glad to see that everyones doing fine, I'll have to address everyone later! Hoping Dh doesn't catch me playing again (he's still squishing hornets!) I'll TTYS !! Take care!

sassypie
08-02-2002, 09:59 AM
Good Morning All :)

Checking in quite early for me - just got the girls off to the grandparents' house for the day. I woke up completely in a daze this am and even turned my alarm off cause I forgot what day it was - dh came up all frantic cause he thought he'd be late. Boy, he should know me better than that - there's no one this side of the Mississippi that can fix little girls' hair faster :s: !!

Anyway, made my version of Chinese last night and had quite a bit, actually. I don't know what it is about Chinese but I ALWAYS feel hungry again about an hour after I eat it. So rather than eat, I decided to paint all my nails and keep myself plopped on the couch. (At least with wet nails I can't eat, right!:lol: )

Poor dd (6) got sunburned under her eye playing in the pool yesterday and we had slathered the sunscreen on her! I put the aloe vera gel on her and that seemed to sooth it - poor thing :( I know she'll be out playing today at dg&g's, so I hope she remembers to wear her hat (crossing my fingers)!

Well today's w/o du jour is Kathy Smith's abs and thighs. I like this one cause it focuses on my major trouble areas and boy is it challenging! There's 3 levels for both muscle groups and if I were to be able to get through the entire tape, it would take about 1 1/2 hours! As it is, I can only muster the strength for 2 levels of abs and 1 level of thighs. Maybe some day............:^: ...........sigh!

Well, I can see I've babbled on long enough - I have quite a habit of doing that it seems! Have a great day today ladies!!!!!!!!

ECmom
08-02-2002, 10:04 AM
Good morning!!!!

Well, Melissa, still squishing hornets out there, eh??? Remember that song, "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee.."- opps I just could not resist!!!!! Happy school shopping!!!!!!! I have to get started with all that stuff too. Always a fun time until everyone has pretty much what they want:dizzy: !

KarenW (actually, it is good that we can use the "W" to distinguish you from the other Karen!!!!:) ). Glad that you have been checking in, even if you can't post. Glad that you are ok-and I am sure crochetting away. (I just bought some more yarn myself........just what I needed;) ) Hope to hear from you soon when your computer problems are solved.

Tami- I have never heard of the walk away tapes- but walking is so good for you, I can't see how it would hurt. Best of luck to you with them!

Jen- you sound busy too. Computers can be so time consuming.

Well, I had better sign off. Got another busy day ahead (still got my walk in......despite the miserable heat). I am kind of blue- lots of reasons........so forgive me for not being myself.

But, I hope each of you have a great day!!!!!!
Ginny

spryng
08-02-2002, 12:30 PM
Good morning everyone!
I had to do some catch up reading. I used the old "post reply" button but then I forgot to check the "email notification" button. :o Sounds about right huh ? :lol:
Sorry you are feeling down Ginny. If there is anything I can do to help you out pm me anytime. ANd yes that stress I was under is still lingering from two weeks ago. It's a mess but it's getting better. I'm in pretty good spirits today.
Sinnrah- hope you and your dh are enjoying your time together. Are you still trying for a little sinnrah?? :)
Sassy- I know what you mean about chinese food. It's so good but not filling enough but full of calories and fat. It's hard for me to avoid because it tastes so good. But just increase your water and get some extra exercise in and you should be fine. That Kathy SMith tape sounds perfect for me too. That is my probelm area right now too. My abs and thighs. Ugh. My upper abs are slimming down great with exercise but my lower abs don't seem to want to budge and my thighs are hopeless right now. Is there any specific exercise I can do that works both areas without buying the tape?? ANy advice would help :)
Mel- enjoy your school shopping spree! I used to love to go shopping for school when I was in it. New pencils and pens and new clothes... fun fun fun. :) I went shopping last night for more summer dresses. Wal-mart was having a huge clearance sale on summer items so I got two new summer dresses, a new pair of shoes, and the kids some new sandals and my ds some winter shoes. We hardly ever catch those sales so I was so excited.
Well anyway, my eating was not great yesterday but I did manage to get in 40 minutes on my bike!! I was quite proud of myself. I hope that made up for the difference in eating. But I also bought last night some new Special K cereal bars. Only 90 cals each and they are good sized!! I also bought some yummy bagels and light cream cheese, that's what I had for breakfast today. I'm going to try my best and get on the program for the 5# challenge. But my eating is crazy. But I'm hoping to increase my exercise, increase my water, and downsize my portions. That should work but I've been enjoying pizza too much lately. Does anyone here go to Ci Ci's pizza?? Its a pizza buffet for only 3.49 a person and the pizza is so good. They have a spinach pizza I LOVE and eat way too much of when I'm there and we have eaten there several times this week. It's addicting. My DH and I eat there for 9.98 total (drinks and all)and the kids are free. So needless to say it's affordable and tastes too good. So I need to cut back on that.
I guess I went on and on about that didn't I. Sorry. That's just one of my biggest downfalls when it comes to eating.
I guess I'll get off here. Hopefully I start getting email notifications again :)

ECmom
08-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Hello again!
Well, I am getting thru this day bit by bit. Took the kids bowling (they were so house happy) and ran a few errands. Dd went in the sprinkler for awhile. Now I have to get myself into dinner mode. I am hoping to take the family out for a movie later- Dd and I(the 6 year old) will probably go and see Country Bears, the big kids and Dh Sign. (I love Mel Gibson- but the movie is too much for a 6 year old).

My eating has been awful- mostly snacking- because of my mood.
Hopefully it will pick up after dinner. Gotta go declare law and order in the family room.

Opp!!!!!! Spryng- WTG on hitting that Walmart sale (my favorite store!). Good for you- you never know when you will get lucky like that, and I am always upset when I hear that I missed a great sale like that!! I have never even heard of Ci Ci's but they might not be here in NY. Hope that your eating ends up good for the day!

See ya later!
Ginny

mel17
08-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Good evening Ladies!

Sounds like a good sale Spryng, wish I'd caught one of those sales! Got our school shopping done today, now Ds and Dn are ready for school! Oh, we also have a CiCi's here in Paris,TX but I haven't been there in quite a while. Those Special K bars sound yummy though, I might have to get some too!

Tami, I have the WATP tapes too, and I just love them! Lots of fun and goes quick! I'm up to the 2 mile walk, and it's great! I hope you enjoy!

Ginny, I hope your blues are getting better, and yes I remember the bumble bee songs :) but if you saw these things, wow they're HUGE!

I didn't get any exercise in today, but I plan to try if my headache gets a little better. I guess I'll go start getting ready for dinner, and we have company coming in tonight! TTFN

5lb. challenge > goal 242lbs.

274.2/247.8/135

ECmom
08-02-2002, 06:12 PM
Hi!
Melissa- we were posting at the same time. Hope that your headache feels better!!!! Especially if you have company coming:dizzy: . Hope that you have an easy dinner planned.
See ya'll later.
Ginny

KarenW
08-02-2002, 07:06 PM
Hi gang!

I am posting again! My server is still down. LONG story but I need to switch my site because I have a new shopping cart program but the new host has issues...so I am switching again! UGH!!!

The good news is that I am down 3 pounds! :) WOOO HOOO!! I am thrilled!

I had a busy week, my DS had soccer camp from 9-12 all week. So DD and I ran lots of errands. I even got to buy some jeans that were a size smaller than normal.. so I must be toning up with the walking and stuff!

I have a personal goal of -5 pounds by labor day! I am 2.5 pounds from that goal! I think I can make it! :)

It is getting ready to rain here in Western WA. Unseasonably cold weather and SNOW at 6000 feet. UNHEARD OF! So my outdoor time is limited! Sigh.. I wanted to get back to walking the neighborhood this week.. oh well....

I am so far behind on what everyone is doing.. I am not going to comment now... I will start from here forward... but I have been reading! :)

ECmom
08-03-2002, 12:42 AM
Hi!
Well, Dh and the older kids saw Signs (very good but scary)- Dd and I saw Stuart Little (and liked it a lot).
Have a great nite!
Ginny

Freckles
08-03-2002, 02:46 AM
Hi!

I thought that I'd post one more time before going on vacation. I'll miss you all VERY MUCH!! Ginny: I hope that you're feeling better real soon! I liked the first Stuart Little Movie & can't wait to see #2. My DD us into basketball quite heavily,so we'll probably see Like Mike lst. We will probably hit a movie while on vacation. Spryng:
I like Wal-Mart so much that I checked out their Website to see where the closest one is to our vacation spot. I'll have to drive 21 miles, which isn't too bad! DD's Birthday is on the 7th,so I decided to buy her presents while on vacation. She changes her mind daily, so I'll wait 'til the end & then go out & buy them! Oh, by the way...Happy First 3FC's Anniversary to you! Karen W.: Congrats on the 3# loss!! And snow near your house? What elevation do you have by your home? Your not @ 6,000 are you? Mel: I hope that your headache goes away. If it doesn't, you better go to the doc,okay? Sassy: Do you have the Coppertone face Sun Stick for children? I actually have a couple of different brands & I just love them! Waterproof too!! I hope that your dd feels better today. I hope you enjoyed your "childless" day while the Grandparents were spoiling the kids. Tami: We go past La Crosse on our way through to one of my DH customers. Maybe we could meet sometime while I'm passing through. Who knows when that will be though. DH never knows when he will be called up there. Sinnrah: Hello & I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Well gals, I'm getting tired, so it's off to bed. :yawn: See ya'll in a week! (At the post, that is!) ;)

ECmom
08-03-2002, 11:56 AM
Good Morning!
First of all- Jackie (and I know that you will not get a chance to read this) have a great vacation!!!! We will miss you a ton too!!!!! (and enjoy that Walmart run.........my favorite place!) Actually, Stuart Little ended long before Signs (started before also) so Dd and I snuck off to Walmart only 3 miles from the theater. I got a cute vest to sew (one of those preprinted ones- just cut out and line) in a fall mood. Ok, it is a super easy sewing project, but then I do not have the time to get into a long project either!!!

We had a nasty storm come thru here last night around 6 pm. Dh is over at MIL/FIL's as they had several trees come down and need a lot of help cleaning up the mess (neither are able to do much themselves do to poor health, and it is awfully hot outside).
So that gives me a bit of a breather (he took Ds with him for some brawn to help).

KarenW- congrats on losing 3#!!! (wish you could send some inspiration my way.........) And I hope that you can get your walk in.
I am going to try to get a walk in today- not sure when.
Have a great day!
Ginny

mel17
08-03-2002, 12:24 PM
Morning ladies!

Have a wonderful vacation Jackie! We'll see ya soon :) !
Not much going on here, even with a house full of company. BIL is here with his 2 Dd's, they came to visit Dn before school gets started. I think we're going to make another trip to Wal-Mart later on, just to get out of the house. Maybe even drive down to the lake and show them our place?

I've already done my workout today, and now I need to go shower and get ready to run! Everyone have a beautiful weekend!

TTFN

sassypie
08-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Morning Ladies :)

Glad to see everyone's in good spirits lately!! Yes, it was nice being able to window shop without the constant sound of "Mommy - can I have this.......PLEASEEE!!!!!" Amazingly enough, I limited myself to window shopping at most stores and bought only a few things that I had needed for a while now and just kept forgetting in the past. One of those things was a book by Suze Orman - The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom. I have seen her on Oprah and also stumbled across her radio show on TV and thought this might put my view on money into another perspective as well as educate me. If anyone's read it, please let me know what you thought.

The girls and I also ended up going over to my da & du's last night for a cookout. I did pretty well eating-wise. I had a small piece of chicken, some baked beans, 3-4 tortilla chips with salsa, fruit and 2 tiny choc chip cookies. Everything was really good and I wanted more but decided to be strong.

Tonight the girls are having a slumber party with dg & dg so dh and I plan to do some early b-day shopping for dd (6 - to be 7 next month). He wants to go out to dinner really bad but I'm trying to convince him otherwise. I always have such a hard time going to a restaurant and getting the "right" food. I know that's weak on my part but I just don't want to deal with it.

I don't know about you gals, but school here is just around the corner - starts the 19th!! :o It seems like they just got out last week and already they're starting back up again! I'm actually getting kinda sad about it cause they will both be gone (one in first and one in preschool). Now, don't get me wrong, preschool isn't an all day thing - but still!!! My little baby is going to school and I can't believe this milestone has arrived already!

Before I go, I have to tell Jackie (who will probably fall asleep listening to me blab on and never even make it this far) to have a GREAT TIME on vacation!!! We will mss you and look forward to hearing about your trip when you return! Have FUN!!!

As for the rest fo the clan - have a wonderful weekend!! I'll address everyone individually on Mon. Take care :D

spryng
08-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Good morning all!
Well my eating yesterday wasn't very good. But I did get in a good exercise. I jumped on the scale this morning just to see where I stood and it said 141!! Not good. That means I've gained 3 lbs in three days?? No. I haven't been eating THAT bad. I've increased my workout and I think that plus the heat is making me retain water. So I've either gained more muscle or am retaining water. Or am I kidding myself? No, I just don't see how I've ate that bad. Even when I eat out I eat light the rest of the day and peddle longer to make up for it. So it must be something else.
sassy, when you know it's too hard to eat out because of the temptations the best thing to do is avoid it. I wish I had your motivation right now!! I love to eat out. More than I should. We ate out last night. I didn't do too bad. But still, I need to cut back more.
Well ladies, I guess I'll get off here. I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays OP, including myself!! :lol:

ECmom
08-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Good evening!
Just a short hello- Dd is waiting for the computer to instant messenger with all 9,000 buddies of hers.............:dizzy:
This weekend has been ok, but I am so sick of this darn hot weather. We are supposed to get a break Tuesday- when it will be 20 degrees cooler! Can't wait!

Spryng- could some of this be water weight? I know that with eating out there is tons of salt- could that be the culprit?

Jen- good for you behaving yourself at the cookout!!!! Love that will power. My kids start Sept 5- so I am not under the crunch too much yet. I know how stressful the last week or two can be.
Hang in there!

Melissa- is your company still there? Good for you getting a workout in, even with company!

Gotta go............see ya tomorrow!
Ginny

ECmom
08-05-2002, 08:30 AM
Good morning!!!!!!
I had to turn on the computer to check for something for Dh- and now that it is on, I thought I would get on and say hello! He just left for work and the kiddies are asleep..........ah, peaceful house.
I would have gone out for my walk but there is a thunderstorm en route it is dark out and from the radar this looks like a nasty ( but short) storm. I will get the walk in a wee bit later.

I am going to do something rare........go relax and watch some tv.
Have a great day!
Ginny

mel17
08-05-2002, 09:02 AM
Well, I made it through the weekend without my migraine coming back! My company left yesterday morning, but then we had to leave too, to go deliver a dog in La. Didn't do to much, just more school shopping! Sassy, we go back to school on the 19th too, and I am ready, just so that I can get these boys to do something besides sitting in the bedroom playing gameboys! But it too hot to go outside anyway, I just wish they would find another way to occupy thier time!

I did pretty good with my eating this weekend, and even my exercise, but I took yesterday off to rest! I joined an exercise challenge on WW.com, and we're suppose to exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes, and I designated yesterday as my one down day.

Morning Ginny, enjoy your day! Hope you get that relaxing TV time!

Spryng, I definetly think that's gotta be water gain! I wouldn't worry about it, just try to drink lots of water to flush your system out!

Well I think I'm gonna go do my workout now, before Ds and Dn get up! It's more enjoyable that way!!

Y'all have a good day! TTYL

sassypie
08-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Morning :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! The girls were at their grandparents having a slumber party Sat night so dh and I were able to go to the mall (which he hasn't done in years - can you believe that!:o ). We did end up going out to eat to Chili's and I thought I was doing well ordering a salad until it arrived and I realized the chicken in it was not grilled but battered and fried!! I guess I wasn't really paying that much attention to the menu and *assumed* (we all know where that can get us!:^: ) that since it was a salad, the chick. would be healthy. Oh well, I ended up eating it over the course of 2 days - so at least it didn't all go down at once. HOWEVER.....at the mall we did run into Cinnabon and it is my all-time weakness. We ended up getting a 6-pack to go and well.......they're in my kitchen right now.........getting hungry.......:o . Luckily, I have to drive over an hour to get to one - can you imagine what I would look like if it was right around the corner :s: - scary thought! Willpower would be right out the window!!

Also took the girls school shopping yesterday and, wow, were they excited! They just had to look throught every folder in stock to find that perfect one - and then they ended up finding the exact same one :lol: - I couldn't help but laugh!! The youngest (4) got to pick out her very own "packback" as she likes to call it and felt so important - she tried them all on for size to get "the most perfect one mom" - lol! What a hoot!

Ginny - glad to see you off your feet and spending some quality time with yourself! Here's to hoping it lasts long!!

Karen - glad to see you can still get here. Sorry about the server problems - hope they get cleared up quickly - and way to go on losing that 3#!!

Mel - those video game systems are the worst aren't they?! My 12 y/o cousin and his are inseparable! But with this heat - I can see why they wouldn't want to do much else :).

Misty - I'm so glad the kids are well again......are you ok? Have you recovered from cabin-fever yet? I hope you get some time to chill abit so you don't get too worn out - we don't need you to get sick now!

Spryng - glad to hear about the surgery getting scheduled - at least this way it's taken care of and you can back to normal sooner as opposed to later. I'll be thinking of you all during this time :).

If I missed you it's cause I have a terrible memory and I apologize. Everyone have a great day and be sure to get in your workouts for the day - mine will be upper body weights and Pilates. I actually like this routine so I'm not *too* bummed that it's Monday ;). Take care!!

MistyMichele
08-05-2002, 01:21 PM
Good Afternoon Girls!!!!!!!!

First, my confession. I haven't been posting much because my eating has been horrible and as far as exercise... well non existant. So there it is. But, today has been better. I'm finally begining to figure out what has gone wrong with my program and why I'm in such a funk.
I'm eating all hours and not taking time to have well balanced meals. So today I've changed this. I made myself a promise to eat 3 meals with 2 snacks and get it together. So far it is really working and I feel really positive about it. I'm done counting calories and fat grams. It's all portion control now and making good decisions. Oatmeal for breakfast instead of coco puffs:lol: kinda thing.
And I'm making a real effort to get out and walk also get on the bike.

Glad you all are doing good. Hope it doesn't get to stressfull for those of you who are getting your children ready to go back to school. Ginny hope the storm blew over fast. Nice to have a little break from the heat. It's been unbearable here. Dh has been working in the field late trying to beat the heat. Spryng, lke Ginny mentioned salt can really cause alot of water retention. And if you are eating out alot you'd be really suprized of the sodium content in those foods. And also as you know muscle weighs more than fat. Keep up the great work and let me know what you find. BTW I'm saying big prayers for the baby(and you). Keep me posted. Sassy and Mel, great to hear from you. I'm sorry I can't be more personal but it's time for me to go. I did read your posts tho. Have a great Monday all!

ECmom
08-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Good afternoon!!!!!!!
Me the eternally brain dead one is going to start a new thread. See ya'll there!!!!!(thread # 57)
Ginny

Freckles
08-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm back!! It took me just about 45 minutes just to read everyone's posts. And now...DH just came in for the night after washing & putting the boat away until the next time we use it. I can't post too long tonight, so I'll be more individual later. Our vacation was quite nice. The place we rented was a 3 bedroom cottage/cabin. It was just awesome & so relaxing!! (A little tense from time-to-time, but not bad.) The 4 of us actually got along quite well. DH was a knob on my dd's 9th Birthday & wouldn't let us do anything "special" with her. (Ginny-this was the same day you had such a rough time with the family.) :eek: I felt so bad for my dd. DH must have thought things over in his head & was a real sweetheart the next day. We ended up taking the family Horse back riding for dd's belated birthday celebration. We also went out to lunch & then went back to the cottage & spent the afternoon tubing behind the boat. I felt like a kid again!! The cottage is way on top of a hill from the lake, on their land, but tons of stairs!!
I guess you could say that I got my daily exercise in. It really got the entire family's heart-rate up there!! Well-the family needs my attention right now, so I'll close for now. C-U all later.