Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Old Spaghetti Factory - nutrition help

Jason and I are going out to dinner with his Aunt Sara. She has picked the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner - I've never been. I am trying to stay ON PLAN for this meal (this is not a treat meal). I've also been out to dinner many times this last week, so I definitely do not have wiggle room to just "order what I want to, it's dinner with family, enjoy yourself!" Don't get me wrong, that is sometimes the right approach, but not the right one for me right now!

I've found the nutritional info online and was very suprised that the spinach/cheese ravioli is apparently one of the lowest calorie options on the menu (at 480 calories). Does that sound right?

http://www.osf.com/menu/nutrition.htm

I figured I would get the 60 calorie minestrone soup as an appetizer, then the 500 calorie (I am a rounder-upper) ravioli and look like a "normal" person at dinner. I know it doesn't matter what people think, but I'd rather not look like a "food freak" in front of Jason's relatives who I just met!

Does anyone else have any dinner suggestions for the Old Spaghetti Factory? Maybe whole wheat penne pasta with marinara (and don't eat al the pasta - I'm sure the serving size will be too big anyway).

Thanks!!

Jen
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #2  
Working My Way Back Down

OMG, their food is good! Thankfully we don't have one any closer than Seattle, so I'm never tempted. I think you've made a good choice. You can certainly get by with leaving most of the pasta, just say you're too full, and maybe even take a box of the rest which you can conveniently forget or thow away when you get home....
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #3  
No description available.

I think it's a good plan. I just never trust restaurants to "serve" "one serving". Sometimes the plates hold 2 "servings", so I agree that keeping an appropriate serving size in mind is a good idea. The scale may bop up d/t sodium (I know you know that, Glory, just putting it out there if a lurker might not know that). And, holy schmakeral, look at those calories counts!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #4  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I've only eaten there once and I think my daughter and I split an entree and we both had plenty. You think anyone would be agreeable to splitting or do you have the option of taking half home?
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #5  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hey Glory,
Enjoy whatever you have a hankering for. That ravioli sounds delish, but the sodium content would make me puff up like a blow fish in the morning, on top of the normally always salty soup. If your body does ok with sodium, go for it. But if your body clings to sodium, like mine does, heck I'd opt for the whole wheat pasta with marinara. Enjoy your evening with your new aunt to be, whatever you decide to eat. ~ Wendalyn
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys - thanks for your help!

I had the minestrone soup (60 calories) and the spinach cheese ravioli (480 calories - I left 3). Dinner came with free dessert, but I passed on the ice cream and had a cup of coffee with one container of half and half. I stayed away from the bread even though it smelled wonderful.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

Great job Glory!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote