Support Groups - Worldly Chicks navigating November nicely 2.

Shad
11-18-2009, 03:48 AM
Silly me, I was playing around with things I shouldn't bother with and managed to close off the November thread.

Sorry ladies. Here's the link to go back to the old thread and catch up with the news. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/185468-worldly-chicks-navigating-through-november-nicely-5.html

MELODY525
11-18-2009, 08:12 AM
:rofl: SHAD THAT WAS TOO FUNNY WHEN I FOUND THE THREAD CLOSED!! I THOUGHT WTF!!!!!!!!!! :lol3:

I ALSO SEE MY LONG POST FROM YESTERDAY IS MISSING.
I WONDER WHERE THAT WENT TO...ANYWAY...I WAS CAUGHT UP UNTIL LAST NIGHT SO I'LL JUST WAVE THIS TIME AROUND TO EVERYONE :wave:

ANNIE~ GOD HELP US...WHAT COULD I POSSIBLY SAY TO MAKE IT ALL FEEL BETTER. JUST KEEP REMEMBERING YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON AND CANNOT HELP IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS GONE THRU THE MILL AND COME OUT DAMAGED. WE ALL HANDLE THE BAD TIMES OF OUR PAST DIFFERENTLY AND MEN REALLY DO STRUGGLE WITH THEIR DEMONS. I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT TONY IS A GOOD AND RESPONSIBLE MAN. I WISH WE COULD ALL GIVE YOU A HUG :hug: AND MUCH LOVE.

diyana
11-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Annie - I'm sooooo sorry to hear about you and T. I agree with Mel, T is handling his demons in his own way, and it totally sucks, but it's not at all on you. You truly are a beautiful woman inside and out. Love and big hugs to you my sista. Wish I lived closer so I could give you a hug in person. :hug: :hug: :hug:

diyana
11-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Wishing Y'all a Wellness-Filled Wednesday ladies -

I had a rough day yesterday. Was running a fever and feeling really sick to my stomach. I feel like I've been navigating through November nauseously (at least lately). :lol3: On the positive side...I'm feeling better today. My fever has broken, and if I can get through the day with out explosions from either end, I may try and get to the gym...or at least go for a walk...depends on how I'm feeling later.

I'm getting frustrated and feeling fat. But I know that for a variety of reasons, I'm not working this 110%. And if I go back to doing what I was doing (when I was fat) I'll keep getting what I got (more fat). So I've got to kick myself in the arse and just get with it! So please, Annie, Ceejay, Shad, Happy and Laura, give me a swift kick in the arse...and Miss Mel, I know I can count on you for a rolling pin. I'm not off the wagon, but as I said, if I'm being honest, I'm not giving it my all. I know I can and must do better to make progress.

Shad - I, too, was wondering WTF when the thread closed! Hope you're enjoying a cooler day! Thanks for the lesson in temperature conversion! 110? That's awful! And it's not even the height of your summer yet, is it?

Happy - I hope your head/sinuses feel better today. Chicken pot pie in the crock pot sounds so yummy!! Do you have a recipe for that?? That's a wonderful comfort food. When you mentioned your pasta coma as a sleep aid...it got me to thinking that turkey tettrazini must be an outstanding sleep aid...between the tryptophan (sp?) in turkey causing sleep and the pasta... lots of z's. I did get to bed early. It was lovely. And I'm feeling better for it today! I thought people here at work had cut back on their fragrances...but then yesterday after lunch, I went to the ladies rest room and it reeked of the strongest, sickening perfume ever! Yup...I went bulimic right then and there.

Ceejay - Hope you have a good day! And no farting visitors!

Laura - Thanks for the advice. I did relax. And our laminate holds up to our 3 dogs' claws quite well...which is another reason we chose it over hardwood. I'm glad you're feeling better. My DH has had sinus/head/ear congestion for over a month now. Haven't heard much about The Box or Law Abiding Citizen.

Gotta get to work.

Love and big hugs,

happy2bme
11-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi y'all,

Well a flu shot may ward off the flu but it don't do a dang thing for a cold or sinus issues :mad: Left work a bit early yesterday just in time to get slowed down all the way home by the speed zone drops as the little sh*ts got out of school. I call them that deservedly as they are ignorant, purposely jay walk and slow at that all the while glaring at you half with glee because they slowed you down and half daring you to hit them. Passed out for about an hour. DH made supper - chicken pot pie in the crock pot - not bad but much too much black pepper for me. We agreed we'd make it again with some tweeks. I took some Nyquil and went to bed a bit earlier. Woke up today and it's all in my throat and chest. I dread the coughing that will probably begin soon. At least this one is a quick mover - hoping 4 days of misery - max.

Annie - I hope you found it within you to get out of bed today and get on with things. I could not have said it better than Mel did. DH and I talk alot and there are alot of things that I just don't agree with what he says but I appreciate that he tells me them as it gives me some understanding as to how men think. I have long since quit getting him to think my way or judging him for how he sees things. It's just the way they are. So with T and your comment to let you think for yourself in your relationship. It's also true with what Shad said - you both have had alot of demands on your time with work - makes it hard to find time for a relationship if you're beat and just want to relax. You are a good person and anyone who has your heart is a lucky one. Accept that this is how things must be at this moment in the universe and move on. You still have us. :hug:

Mel - I too was wondering why we had a new thread posted on the 3FC home page. I honestly sat here with my clogged head for a minute and thought - what day is it? Didn't we roll into November already? Did someone spam our thread? :rofl: Be careful with the power you have been given Shad :lol:

I can't remember what was on the other thread. Oh a while back Michelle - you asked about cleaning stuff. I like the Lavender scented Pine-Sol floor cleaner. It's a very mild smell - tho might be too strong for Mel. Not the intense smell of the original stuff. Was watching a talk show and they had a segment on cleaning. Said to wash the bath/shower down with soapy water and a good scrub brush. Said to avoid using chlorine bleach but did not say why not. Perhaps because it can be deadly when mixed with many chemicals? They also said if you use a mop to wash the floor that you can disinfect it by putting a 1/2 cup of non-chlorine bleach and a squirt of dish detergent into a bucket of very hot water. Let the mop sit for 10-15 minutes, wring out and let dry.

Hope you had a quite toot-free night Ceejay.

Feeling better today Laura and Michelle?

I think I'd better try and get a little work done before I take a nap break later on. Be good chicks...

happy2bme
11-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Ok Michelle - to help get you back on track again - for the next 7 days each morning I want you to include in your post one thing that you did the prior day to make sure you were working the plan that helps you feel better about yourself. Just one. Every day. You hear missy? That's my lovin' push on your shoulders, 'k? :hug:

diyana
11-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Happy - I totally agree with you about the smug little sh*ts. They glare at you knowing they can jay walk as slow as they want and there's nothing you can do. Sorry to hear your cold has moved to your throat/chest. I hope it does clear out soon. When I get a cold, it usually takes 24 hours or less to get to my chest, stays there for 6 to 8 weeks, and clears out only after a round or two of antibiotics and prednisone. Thanks for the suggestions on cleaners. And thanks for the gentle push. I'll check in tomorrow with at least one positive OP thing. :hug:

annie175
11-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Thank you ladies, it just hurts, made it out of bed at 11:00 am. Didn't go to work as my eyes are too swollen and am seeing blurry.

diyana
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Annie - Big hugs to you. I know it hurts bad. Wish there was something I or any of us could do to ease the pain. Good that you are taking the day off.

Shad
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Morning all,
It's early in the morning. It is overcast and grey and I'm thinking there is rain on the way. Yahooo. :woohoo:

Annie - take today off as a pity party for yourself and then climb back into the big girls blouse tomorrow and carry on. It is hard, but you have to get back to yourself. No sense in endangering your job and livelihood is there? I just know that you have the strength to do this. And somewhere out there, is the right person for you. You have to get dressed and go find him.

Michelle - sorry you are not feeling well and hope it clears up very soon. I like Happy's idea of taking a positive action per day - I might adopt it myself.

Happy - sorry you are not feeling too good either. Hope it all comes good soon. Not turning out to be a really nice November for some of the chicks, is it?

Hope Laura and Patty and Ceejay manage to make it onto the new thread soon. I'm not going to tell you what I did to close the previous thread, because you may also try it to see if you have tha power - which you probably have. I must say, that I didn't think I would even get close to a moderators tools much less be able to use them. I should have experimented on someone else's thread tho. OOOOh Shad that was nasty.

Mel - do not try to put your sticky little fingers where I stuck mine yesterday!!! :rofl: You and I are both great button pushers. We have this need to see how things work and why. I should not be let loose like that on a site like this. Ruthxxx will be having my guts for garters if I manage to shut it down or whatever!

Anyway - better go get emotionally prepared for my daily walk. Last one before I go to NZ. It will be easy walking at Chris (ex Japan) place, but my sister lives on the side of a real mountain. That should test my lung capacity. See you all later.

Shad
11-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Just remembered that today is weigh in day. No loss this week, but it is not surprising since I forgot to take the fluid tablet a couple of days, and I haven't been logging food - although I don't think I have been too bad at that side of things. If I don't take the fluid tablets, then I can gain 1/2K in a day or so.

Laura705
11-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Annie – Sorry to hear about your breakup. Times are very challenging for both of you and it's obviously very hard for T to feel he's giving 100% to your relationship. Sorry you don't see eye to eye about that. I hope there's still a chance for you two to still work things out. I can't help but think that it would be better for you two to help each other through these challenging times together vs. separately. I won't say alone because you're NOT - remember that!! :hug:

Shad – LOL about the painting. In contrast to: I have a gallon paint can sitting in our foyer waiting to be used for touching up some spots I patched in August and sanded in October. Pathetic. (But the paint can has only been sitting there for about a week, LOL.) BTW, I used my internet history drop down to get to the now closed thread to catch up, so I didn't even know about the November 2 thread except by accident when I hit the back button one time too many! Otherwise I suppose I would've discovered it was closed when I tried to paste my Word doc into a reply! Hope you get the rain if you want it!

Michelle – Gosh, I hope you don't have the flu! People were wary of me w/ my cold last week, but I definitely feel like I only had a cold because I didn't have any body aches, chills or nausea/vomiting, the symptoms I strongly associate w/ the flu. Please take it easy and feel better before you hit the gym, okay? Gosh, I hope my congestion and coughing don't linger for a month!

Happy – I definitely hope your cold is a quick mover!! I might also take your suggestion to Michelle and report one OP action from the day before.

Hellos to Ceejay & Mel! :wave:

Well, I have to say that I fell off track on my eating yesterday, and basically the past week has not been good. It's not that I've made poor eating choices across the board, but it's definitely been one of those weeks where I won't be looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I haven't been on the scale since maybe last Friday, which also may not have been a good thing. The experts say not to weigh in daily, but I feel I shouldn't have avoided the scale all week. I don't expect a loss tomorrow, and even staying the same seems like a rather remote possibility. But I'm not chucking it all. I'll try to make good choices for the rest of the day and see what the scale brings tomorrow morning.

Have a good evening ladies.

MELODY525
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
SHAD~ I AM ALMOST BREATHLESS FROM LAUGHINGOVER HERE. I WOULD NEVER EVEN THINK OF GOINGWHERE NO MAN OR WOMAN HAS GONE BEFORE AND TRY PUSHING A BUTTON OR TWO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I AM SO GLAD IT WAS YOU AND NOT ME :lol3: :lol3: (WIPING MY EYES NOW SO I CAN TYPE) :rofl: OMG...THIS IS TOO FUNNY. AND BEFORE I GET TO THE OTHERS LET ME TELL YOU ALL ABOUT MY FOOKING DAY:

I GOT A NOTICE FROM SOCIAL SECURITY. THE GOOD "UNCLE SAM LORD" GIVETH AND NOW WANTS TO TAKETH AWAY. JEN GOT A SIMILAR NOTICE. IT'S COMPLICATED BUT THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT IS THAT THE COMPUTER WAS SUPPOSED TO CATCH SOMETHINGS AND DIDN'T. GOOD THING MELLIE IS ON THE JOB. I FINALLY GOT AN OLD ACQUAINTANCE IN THE AGENCY AND HE IS GOING TO HELP STRAIGHTEN BOTH ACCOUNTS OUT. HE ALSO TOLD ME TO GET MY WHEELCHAIR PAPERS ALL IN A ROW AND HE WILL SEE IF HE CAN GET A TINY FRACTION OF ANY MONEY I LAY OUT BACK TO ME. GOODY GOODY. HE SAID SMALL POTATOES BUT SOME IS BETTER THAN NONE I SAID. ALL THIS RIGAMAROLE WITH 2 BRANCHES OF SOCIAL SECURITY WILL ONLY AMOUNT TO A NET GAIN OF $20 FOR EACH OF US. WTF!! THEY WASTED MORE IN POSTAGE I TOLD HIM!! I WISH I COULD SHOW YOU THE AMOUNT OF PAPERWORK IT IS TAKING THEM TO GET US ON REARRANGED ON 2 PROGRAMS, MEDICARE AND MEDICAID. UNBELIEVABLE. JEN WAS WORN OUT ARGUING WITH THE MAN SHE HAD. I TOLD MY GUY AND DID IT ALL IN ONE DAY:dance: IN FACT I HAD LEFT A MESSAGE FOR HIM AND HE TOOK CARE OF JEN BEFORE HE CALLED ME!! MY CASE IS MORE COMPLICATED WITH THE JOB. REMIND ME TO QUIT ONE DAY SOON! :rofl: HOPEFULLY WE ARE GOOD TO GO NOW. THEY ARE DEDUCTING $35 EVERY MONTH FROM MY CHECK CAUSE THEY SAID THEY OVERPAID ME IN THE PAST. WTF!!! BUT THIS TIME I HAVE TO REPAY IT CAUSE THEY GAVE ME A HALL PASS THE LAST TIME,,,AND IT WASN'T SO LONG AGO. :lol3: PASS GO AND DO NOT COLLECT YOUR MONEY MEL. :faint:

MELODY525
11-18-2009, 05:47 PM
THE PC WAS ACTING FUNNY SO I POSTED THAT LONG ONE...SORRY I WAS LONG WINDED BUT I NEEDED TO GET UNCLE OUT OF MY SYSTEM :tantrum:
NOW FOR THE REST OF YOU:

ANNIE....LOVEYA KIDDO. KEEP THE FAITH NO MATTER WHAT. :hug: REMEMBER THE WINTER WARLOCK...YOU JUST PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER!! I SING THIS SONG A LOT IN MY HEAD...KEEPS ME TRUCKIN'
http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:jleDczpN_L_K1M:bp0.blogger.com/_6hDZt1e0ofY/SI6b_COE7yI/AAAAAAAAA4w/tM841N9KjvQ/s320/winter%2Bwarlock.jpg

CEEJAY!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!????

HAPPY~ I AM SO SORRY THIS NASTY COLD IS GETTING INTO THE CHEST ETC. DANG WHAT A PAIN. HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELINGBETTER SOON. :hug: DID THE PEPPER OPEN UP THE SINUSES?!?!?:lol3: OMG!!! I OFTEN THINK I WILL USE MY LITTLE CROCK POT AND NEVER DO. NOT SURE WHY. MAYBE I SHOULD TRY SOMETHING LIKE DH MADE. FOOD FOR THOUGHT!! YES KIDS TODAY ARE SOOO DISREPECTFUL AND KNOW FULL WELL THE LAW IS ON THEOR SIDE...TOO BAD CAUSE I USED TO CUSS THE BUGGERS OUT!!! :rollpin:

SHAD~ HOW FAST THE TIME FLIES. YOU WILL BE OFF TO NZ....WE CAN CHAT WHEN YOU COME BACK. BY THEN I SHOULD HAVE LOTS OF PROBLEMS FOR YOU TO SOLVE:rofl: AND YOU CAN SHARE WITH ME THE BUTTON PUSHING YOU DID! :rofl: I WILL BE LAUGHING ALL WEEKEND ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE~ HAVE NO FEAR YOUNG LADY...THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A ROLLING PIN HERE WITH YOUR NAME ON :rollpin: I CAN ALWAYS GET THE CATTLE PROD OUT IF YOU GET TOO CARRIED AWAY!!

LAURA~I HEAR YA ON THE WEIGH IN THIS WEEK. GOOD LUCK. THAT WAS GOOD INFO ABOUT THE LAMINATE FLOORS. WILL PASS THAT ON TO A FRIEND OF MINE. SHE MOVED TO FLORIDA AND IS THINKING ABOUT NEW FLOORS AND HAS DOGGIES. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TOO.

1day@atime
11-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Hello Ladies,

Annie - Hugs to you:hug::hug::hug:. I know you are hurting right now. I wish there was something we could do... We're here for you...

Oh, so much going on. I've been traveling with work, then coming back to office and trying to play catchup. Meanwhile, I decided i was going to paint my living room/dining/kitchen and 2 bathrooms with wallpaper AND clean out garage. Why it is when I get something in my head i'm just full force. We'll i got the garage cleaned out. I finally picked a color for living/dining room and i put some paint on wall and can't quite decide if i like... SO for now i'm going to put this project on hold. (I was trying to get done before Thanksgiving).

I haven't had a chance to read all post. I will do so shortly...
Hope all is going well with everyone.

diyana
11-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Yay for Thursday ladies -

Friday is getting closer and closer! :woohoo: My stomach is pretty much all better, and I've been able to eat without exploding which is always a good thing! I'm not feeling as frustrated or fat...hopefully, I will continue to feel optimistic even after weigh in today. I've got website work to do tonight, tomorrow night and on the weekend. But that's a good thing, I could use a few extra $$ for Christmas! This Saturday will be full of errands and meetings, and Sunday I'm going to help DH with the gutter cleaning, leaf mulching, and putting stuff away for winter, and also do some cooking. :faint: At least next week is a two-day work week. I'm taking Wednesday through Friday off! :woohoo: I'm sure some of it will be spent shopping, decorating and doing website work, but I'll get some relaxing in during those lovely 5 days off!

Positive Things I did yesterday: I took a brisk walk around the office, up and down several flights of stairs, and I did 50 crunches. My goal for today is the same, and to add 2 minutes of planks (probably four 30-second planks).

Shad - Missing the fluid tablet can make you gain that much that quickly?! Sheesh! Have a wonderful vacay in NZ!

Laura - Nope, I didn't have the flu - just a stomach bug. My hope is to hit the gym tomorrow. And since I have asthma and am prone to bronchitis and pneumonia, anytime I get a cold, I get chest congestion...and it ALWAYS lasts in my chest at least a month. Good luck on the weigh in.

Mel - Glad you have a friend in the agency to help get things straightened out. It sucks that they're taking more $$ away from you and Jen. :hug: And anytime you need to vent about our greedy ol' Uncle, feel free! I love the "put one foot in front of the other" song. I sing this song a lot, but I do it out loud! :lol3: As for the cattle prod...I thought that was hidden in your closet (or was it Shad's closet?)...I think the rolling pin will do it for me this time!

Happy - I just love crock pot meals, and use mine all year long, but especially in the winter.

Patty - Good luck with the painting. It's so hard to pick the right color. Hope you and Blackie are doing well. :hug:

Gotta get some work done.

Love and big hugs to all,

MELODY525
11-19-2009, 08:09 AM
:welcome: BACK PATTY! THOUGHT YOU WERE LOST OUT THERE IN CYBER SPACE:cry: GLAD IT WAS ONLY WORK AND HOME PROJECTS KEEPING YOU AWAY. AT LEAST THE GARAGE IS CLEANED OUT :rofl: GOOD TO SEE YOU THIS MORNING :hug:

MICHELLE~ YOU HAVE A RATHER AMBITIOUS WEEKEND COMING UP. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD STRENGTH!!! I DO SING THE SONG OUTLOUD...AND A LOT OF OTHERS AS WELL. IS IT ANY WONDER MY FATHER NAMED ME MELODY?!?! :lol3: :lol3: GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEIGH-IN!! WILL BE THINKING OF YOU.

:cofdate: I SAID SO MUCH LAST NIGT THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY TODAY. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY :moped:

happy2bme
11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Good morning ladies,

I'm still all congested and it's moving into my chest. I'm very tired too. Hoping it doesn't go to bronchitis although I noticed I'm not as wheezy this morning as I was last night.

I didn't do anything on plan yesterday because I was too sick. Had won-ton soup for dinner (thanks DH!), went to bed a bit earlier but that was that.

I can't believe we'll be diving into December in the blink of an eye. I'm not sure how much decorating we will do this year, particularly if we decide to do the floors but maybe I'll just do the dining room and living room for a little festiveness. I haven't done Christmas cards in 2 years, should really try and catch up this year.

Shad - you must be getting ready for your trip if you haven't left already. Have a good time, I'm sure it will whisk by. Will be nice to have a visit with your friend Chris. Good luck with getting up the mountain by your sisters :lol:

Michelle - glad you are feeling better. Sounds like a really busy weekend. I'm jealous that you'll have an extra long weekend next week but it sounds like you've already got it booked with plans. Yay for you for getting those stair trots and a walk in!

Welcome back Patty - good to hear from you. Sounds like alot going on with you too.

Mel - I can't tell you how much it frustrates me when you and Jen get the 3rd degree from the government. I see so much wastefulness and cheating all around and when someone deserves it and is given such a hard time, I just wanna wack 'em :rollpin: I'm glad you can stay calm about it. I have my fingers crossed that you can get some money back. :crossed: I can so see you riding around and singing. And laughing too. Won't be long before the girls here allow you to put your holiday ticker back up.

Laura - hope you have a good weigh in. I do weigh just about daily. The thing is not to let a temporary bump get to you but I do use it to keep myself on track.

I used to make holiday cookies and cakes but find myself cutting back - mostly because I don't have the time, a bit because I don't need that stuff tempting me anyway. I have a favorite coffee cake that I do make because this is about the only time of the year I have it but no more cookies for me. What about you?

Annie - hope you are feeling a bit more in the groove today :hug: Time will heal a sad heart. Sending you some love today :grouphug:

Ok, even tho I'd rather go back to bed, I have to get some work done. Have a good one ladies.

ceejay52
11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Happy
:hug: Go to bed early tonight. The only Christmas decorations I put out is an artificial basket of poinsetta's and candles.

Shad
I hear you on the fluid tablet. This morning I don't feel bloated. I can gain up to 10 pounds per week if not careful. My doc says it's due to my low thyroid and it may be but after the first of the year I'm going to a heart specialist to be checked.

Annie
:hug: to you as well. Like Happy said time will heal.

Mel
You can vent here any time. I didn't realize I had not posted in awhile.

Patty
Good to see that you are back.

I'm tired of sitting in the dark at night so I've come up with a plan for my so called "peeping tom". I'm putting a mirror (sp) in the window. If I hear him tonight I'm calling the police. I've been looking on line for security camera's. I may ask the boss where they got the ones at work.

ceejay52
11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh forgot to add that my weigh in this morning is 195 pounds. I've got to do better next week.

diyana
11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Annie - I hope you are doing better today. Sending you lots of love and hugs. I know it's horrible and difficult and painful now, but it will get better.

Happy - I hope you feel better very soon. Too bad you can't stay home and get the rest your body needs. We do the main Christmas decorating in the living/dining room. We'll have the tree up next weekend or the weekend after and our Christmas Village, and penguins, penguins and more penguins! I was hoping to be able to get our outdoor penguins up this weekend since the temps will be relatively warm (in the low 50s)...but we're just too busy. Hopefully the weather will be equally nice next weekend. I don't make holiday cookies or cakes anymore. They're too tempting to have around, and everyone else I know is on a diet.

Ceejay - I thought your "peeping Tom" was more of a "flatulent farting Fred". Is he peeping too? That's seriously creepy! Bad enough that he's a gassy Gus, but if he peeps too?? :yikes: Make sure all your windows, drapes and everything is closed tight. As for cameras, if you have a hunting/fishing supply store near you, you can get what they call WildLife or Game Cameras. They are motion activated, and save photos to a memory card which you can download to your computer. We have one to see critters at night and birds at the feeder. They aren't that expensive. I think you can even buy them at Amazon.com.

diyana
11-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Had a good WW meeting today. We discussed all the things in a typical traditional T'giving meal and how many points. Quite an eye opener. Anyway, I lost 0.8 lb (from 221.6 to 220.8), so I'm getting there....not as quickly as I'd like, but any weight loss is a good thing. :)

annie175
11-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi all, I am doing a bit better today, thank you for the hugs and love, I wish we all lived closer. No tears so far today so that is a plus. It is just weird not having him to talk to daily. Guess that is 14 mos I won't get back. I will miss the Harley a lot too, not to mention I have to take my own trash out. lol.

Last night we called 911 at CVS, we caught a guy making pictures from his disk thing from his cell phone of baby porn. It was his own daughter. It was disgusting, I wanted to throw up. They arrested him and confisicated his cell phone and pictures. I laid awake till 2 am thinking and praying for that baby. Kind of put my Tony thing into perspective, kind of small potatoes compared to the baby. My tears last night were for the baby and not myself. I couldn't quit thinking about it.

You ladies are the best, I hope all are feeling much better.

Chelle, thank you for the email on facebook. I will keep the info handy. You never know. You are the sweetest and I think our hearts are very similar. Congrats on the loss, I knew you would do ok!

Shad...you can bet I got up in a different mood WITH my big girl blouse and panties on.

Happy..woman, you get to feeling better, ya hear! Thanks for the hugs and love. I am feeling it.

Ceejay...peeping toms freak me cause they are usually someone you know or just plain sickos. I hope you catch him.

MEL...thanks for the boost, I am doing better, one day at a time. TIME WOUNDS ALL HEALS!!! Backwards on purpose.

Patty...glad you are back and thank you for the hugs.

Laura....hope you are feeling better by now, and thank you too for the hugs.

Here is the update on mom from my dad...mostly good with a little not so good and dialysis is going well:

The good news: Mom will get a pass to come home Thanksgiving Day, but she has to return to ReHab the same day. We will have to pick her up and take her back. I will need help doing this.

The Sad news: She will have to remain in ReHab until she is able to navigate on her own, that means doing light household chores, and taking care of herself (bathing, dressing, getting up of the morning, doing the dishes, minor cooking, etc.) She is progressing, but kinda slow. We went over her progress chart item by item, some things she is doing well in, but a few of the major items, not so good. The prognosis that was mentioned in the meeting was for sometime in December??, for possible release.

Mike (my brother) and I are talking about getting a Lift Chair for her. Mom agrees, as do I. We have time to do that. We ruled out getting a wheel chair because of the size of our house and the size of a chair she would have to have. I think when she is able to come home, a walker will be just fine.

I am going to try to stay busy tonight, of course I don't work at CVS until Saturday, what a crappy time to have off. I need to get off of here and get some work done. Have a good evening.

Love and Hugs back at you all........

diyana
11-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Annie - I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better. It was 14 months you won't get back...but you had some fun times. I'm soooo glad that Mom will be getting a pass to come home for T'giving! And hopefully she'll be happy at home on Christmas!! When my mom had difficulty walking, we got her a walker that has a seat and hand brakes. She loved it! It wasn't even that expensive. The seat was nice because then no matter where she was walking, she'd always have a place to sit whenever she needed to. I know Walgreens sells them for about $100, maybe CVS does too...do you get an employee discount? That's just sick about the guy and the baby porn. We had a sick b**tard here who was a wife abuser, and when his wife finally called the cops, he strangled his 14-year old stepson to death. Anyway, enough about sad news and sickos. I hope you have a good evening tonight. Stay busy. :hug: :grouphug: :)

annie175
11-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks Chelle....I am starting to get a little sad at the moment, but I will be on the conveyor belt of traffic shortly, that will certainly distract me.

diyana
11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Annie - Remember the FB message. You may not have plans for tonight...but you are NEVER alone.

Laura705
11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Well, I was finally able to get in here and post after trying periodically all day! I weighed in at 183 this morning, so I think I'm down a pound (found I didn't log my weight in my excel spreadsheet for the past two weeks! I really didn't expect a loss this week, but you know darn well I'll take it! Other miracles…Bf got the leaves moved to the curb yesterday and they were picked up. :rofl: That tuckered him out, so I was the one who made the Italian veggie soup. Had it for dinner last night and lunch today. Better today because we let it continue to cook after dinner last night so the flavors could meld together.

Mel – Oh, boy sounds like you and Jen are in governmental bureaucratic ****! Sorry to hear about that. I hope you get some kind of money back and I hope your agency contact straightens everything out for you two! I'm feeling better and I'm mostly med-free today.

Patty – Hello! That sounds like a lot of painting – but the color-choosing is most difficult for me. I always worry I'll get tired of the color after a short time.

Michelle – Yay for the loss today!! Your weekend sounds so busy – I got tired reading it, LOL. I'm also taking Wed. of next week off, as well as the following Monday – 6 days off, can't wait! I'm glad you're feeling better. Not to sound like a dufus – but what's the difference between the flu and a stomach bug? I have to say that with the sporadic chest congestion and wheezing I've been getting since late summer, I'm concerned about this cold because the congestion has been worse than with my past colds. In fact, I believe I mentioned a wheezing incident to my allergist back in February (annual visit) and he said there's a tendency for asthmatics to have problems after a cold…Of course back then I wanted to reject asthma outright, but now that the evidence has piled up during the year, I believe I need to get back to the allergist sooner than February of next year to evaluate it. I might give this a couple more weeks, and if it's not gone, I'll make my appointment.

Happy – Sorry you're suffering congestion too. I hope it doesn't linger! You certainly seem focused on Christmas now. Yeh, I skipped cards last year, but I want to send some this year. I don't usually go crazy w/ holiday baking, but we're hosting part of our block's Holiday Walk – the dessert portion – so I'll need to do some baking. And decorating for sure.

Ceejay – Scares me when you mention the heart specialist. Bf just found out earlier this week that one of his friends - in his mid-40's - has congestive heart failure and is on a waiting list for a heart transplant. And he's been in the hospital for a couple months with pneumonia and now some type of contagious bug. Just horrible. If your peeping Tom visits again, I agree – call the police. If nothing else it would make him move on to someone else's home.

Annie – Glad to hear you're feeling better. Would you say your time w/ T was a waste? I'm sure you can look back on good times. Maybe it's too soon though. Okay, I'll shut up about that now. :ziplip: So horrifying and heartbreaking to hear about the guy w/ the baby porn. Please let there be justice for him!!! Good news about your mom being home for Thanksgiving. Better safe than sorry re the rehab. Michelle's idea about that walker sounds great.

Okay, time to shut down here, so I better cut and paste!

diyana
11-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Happy Friday ladies -

Not much news for me since yesterday. DH is still sick with an upper respiratory infection, so he went to the doc yesterday. They're trying a different antibiotic...once that's worked well for me in the past when I've had upper respiratory junk. He stayed home and slept all day yesterday, and he's going to stay home today too. He's had this for over a month.

Laura - Congrats on the weight loss!! :woohoo: The soup sounds yummy. I don't know the medical difference between the flu and a stomach bug. I consider a stomach bug when there's nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea. I consider the flu like a REALLY, REALLY bad cold with fever, body aches, chills, sweats, stuff like that. So, so sad to hear about your BF's friend - mid-40s and needing a heart transplant. :yikes: Your allergiest is right...there is a tendency for asthmatics to hold on to coughing and wheezing after a cold. They have some good inhalers and oral meds that can control asthma pretty darn well.

A big :wave: to everyone! I'll check in later to catch up with y'all.

Love and big hugs,

annie175
11-20-2009, 10:37 AM
TGIF..I guess...I need to quit dwelling...I know it has only been 4 days, but Fridays were T and I's date night. Wish I had to work at CVS tonight. My heart is heavy today.

Mom's dialysis line in her shoulder is majorily clogged so she goes to the hospital today for surgery to get a new line in place. That will be at 1:30 pm, I am going to try to go altho we are so busy at work.

We are having our THanksgiving pitch in today. I am not in the mood which is a good thing, at least I won't eat or it will be very little, I think I am still a bit depressed. I know I have nothing to be depressed about with so many blessing in my life, like you awesome girls. I am sorry to keep whining about T, but my heart hurts so damn bad. Make it stop.

Chelle...I may call you this weekend. I work 9-5 tomorrow, but maybe in the evening. Thanks for being a real gem.

Laura...if ever you need help with the govt on issues, rest assured our MELLIE will get her done. She rocks. Congrats on the wt loss. Needless to say I am down 2lbs myself, but I am sure it is do to my none appetite due to the break up,

Gotta go will finish in a few.

happy2bme
11-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi ladies,

I'm still sick. So totally ready to be done with this. I have no patience for being ill. One thing I am glad is that the wheezing and shortness of breath only lasted one day. Always fearful of the dreaded bronchitis which requires a trip to the doctor.

Michelle - that's really scary that your DH has been sick for over a month. I remember that there have been bouts of colds which have recirculated over and over. Hope it's not going to be one of those years and he gets better with some good meds. Congrats on seeing a bit down on the scale - better than a gain. All the WW leaders review Thanksgiving dinner. Duh if you don't know it's a calorie bomb by now :lol: Our leader in the past said hey - decide ahead of time that you will have a reasonable portion of a few - not all but a few - of your seasonal favorites. And make sure you really enjoy that bit and then move on and be done with it. I'm still not sure I have the self control to only take one tablespoon of stuffing. :o

Laura - congrats on being down a pound. The veggie soup sounds yummy and with the seasonings I'll bet it's one of those that gets tastier the longer it's around. Be careful with that congestion. I think it's easier to get to asthma or bronchitis once you've been weakened by a bad cold or flu. Also if you're in that state you have to be more dilligent about going to the doctor at the onset instead of toughing it out until it gets really bad. Ah yes, you live in the part of town where they let you sweep your leaves to the curb and the town picks them up. Lucky you. We had to bag ours. And if you're wheezy, you don't want to be outside with the leaf mold spores and the fireplace smoke anyway. Just a big irritant to the lungs although it smells nice and let's face it - running through crunchy leaves is fun!

Annie - I would not say that you wasted 14 months with T. It's just that particular relationship ran it's course. Sometimes people come into our lives for a short time, sometimes longer, sometimes they are in and out of our lives. There's someone waiting to meet you just around the corner, I know it. And there's lots of Harley enthusiasts so your riding days may not be over yet - just for the winter! Hang in there :hug: I liked your comment of conveyor belt of traffic. Boy if that isn't the most descriptive thing I've heard all year - used to feel the same way with the mob of mankind making their way downtown between the train station and their respective office buildings. Don't miss that... I hope things go well with your Mom but it sounds like she has a long road ahead before she can be on her own, if at that.

Regarding the baby porn - this is a disgusting world and people are getting more revolting. DH reads the local paper (I refuse to) and there are routine incidents of child abuse. One dirtbag was arrested for raping his 8 day old daughter. Can you even imagine? Sickens me to no end. I do think we are nearing the end of mankind. How much worse can it get? :no: :no: :no:

Ceejay - hope the peeping Tom has moved on. Give 'em a good broom swat! Or peek back at him with a Jason mask - was that the character from the Halloween movies?

Shad - hope you are very much enjoying your trip back home.

Wake up Mel - hope you are just busy this morning and not sick again. Maybe you are distracted by hunky men????? Will Jen be decorating the windows this year in the lobby?

Time for me to get busy - see yah.

annie175
11-20-2009, 10:57 AM
OK, back, had to log into virgin health miles for the monthly update to get 350 extra points. I don't know if I am going to make the next level to get the 150 bucks, as I have over 8000 miles to log. Yikes.

Ceejay...enough of being sick, I have twitched my witchy nose for health to return to you and to Chelle's DH. I'll get you my pretty and your dog TOTO too!! The detective contacted a couple of the associates yesterday for further info on the baby porn guy. THey are still putting their investigation together.

Hello's to all, gotta get.

Love and Hugs,

diyana
11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Annie - It HAS only been 4 days, and it's your date night. It's no wonder your heart is heavy. Time will ease the sadness, but in the meantime, don't beat yourself up. You are NOT whining (at least I don't think you are). And it's okay to be depressed. You DO have a lot of blessings, and you're going through a rough time. It happens to all of us. Your functioning and getting on with your life wearing your big girl blouse and panties, but that doesn't mean it's not gonna hurt for awhile. Big hugs, girlfriend. I'm gonna be home all evening tomorrow. Feel free to call whenever, though I typically fall asleep by 10 pm CST (even on the weekends...am I an ol' fogey or what?). Happy is right about the time with T not being wasted but having just run its course. There's a saying that people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime; and when I think back, I can see that's been the case in my life. Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers for you, and for your mom too. I hope her surgery today goes well. 8000 miles? Wow! Good luck!! Hopefully you can log a bunch of that a CVS so you get paid for it too!!

Happy - Sorry to hear you're still sick too, but glad the wheezing and shortness of breath have eased up. Our leader suggested that we decide what we want ahead of time as well, which I did. I don't mind fewer mashed potatoes, but I can't live without at least 1/4 to 1/2 cup of stuffing and a TBSP or two of gravy, but I'll try the FF gravy. Turns out I'm gonna cook just for the two of us. I was gonna insist on eating out, but between the Packer game and the crowded restaurants and long waits, and DH being sick...I figured it would just be good to have a relaxing yummy meal at home, plus the house will be warm and smell good from the cooking. And DH is such a finicky eater...the stuff he likes is pretty easy to make. Plus, he'll be making the pumpkin pie, so my part will be a breeze. As for people becoming more revolting, I agree. I hardly ever watch the news or read the paper. The Jason mask suggestion for Ceejay is a great idea! And yes, Jason was the guy from the Halloween movies!!

Ceejay - Hope you're feeling better.

Mel - Where are you? Hope you're doing well!

I gotta get back to it. Don't forget, Annie, please feel free to call me whenever you want!

Love, big hugs and warm, wonderful weekend wishes to all,

diyana
11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Here's one from my WW leader:

Since a small slice of pumpkin pie (without whip cream) has 9 points (pecan pie has 12 pts per slice), here's a 1 pt alternative for pumpkin pie.

1 15oz can Pumpkin
1 12oz can evaporated skim milk
3/4 cup egg substitute or 3 egg whites
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup Splenda

Beat until smooth. Pour into a 9 inch pie plate (sprayed).
Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.

8 servings, 1 pt each.

Laura705
11-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Michelle – Sorry DH is still sick! I hope the new antibiotic works for him. I like the idea of your Thanksgiving dinner at home – comfy and cozy.

Annie – Your feelings won't shut off like a faucet – give yourself time to heal, grieve, however you want to put it. 8,000 miles – better get stepping lady!

Happy – I'm glad the wheezing, etc. didn't last. If someone is saying that a tablespoon of stuffing is a reasonable portion, they're crazy! :dizzy: No stuffing for me – we're eating ham for Thanksgiving. You're right that I shouldn't wait too long to see a doc. I'm not getting worse with this congestion, but it's not exactly getting better all that quickly, and as I've mentioned, it's definitely not acting like colds I've had in the past. On the other hand, it's been about two full weeks – not ridiculously long. But then again, this isn't normal for me. So I should go to the doc. I'm going to make an appointment. Maybe there's a hope to get in on the day I'm taking off next week – Wed (not likely) or Monday of the following week.

Hellos to Mel, Ceejay, Shad, Patty & Rose! Have a wonderful weekend all! I'm going to do some more raking. And now I'll have to bag the leaves, since the curbside pickup ended this week. Our big oak tree knows this, but does he care?? Nope. Still hanging on to those russet brown leaves, dropping only a few at a time!! I also have a hair appointment Saturday and we have a christening to attend on Sunday. Need to watch my food at the party afterwards – why overeat when it'll be the usual catered stuff – pasta, fried chicken and Italian beef? So I'll save my calories for dessert, LOL.

Cheers!

diyana
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Laura - At least the weather is supposed to be good for raking this weekend. Raking is a great workout! We have a big maple tree in the front yard that still has leaves on it...In fact, some years it doesn't drop the last of its leaves until nearly spring. Have fun at the christening. Good plan to save the calories for dessert! :lol3: Hope the hair appt goes well.

ceejay52
11-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I brought the laptop into the living room just for security sake. I talked to the ADT security rep today and I'm purchasing a good deal of security inside and outside. He placed a sign in the back yard. So far so good and all is quiet, even the dogs.

Happy
We are thinking on the same line. I did put the mirror in the window tonight. I told my sister about it and she said you should have pursued your dectective career.(sp) I promised her that I would not go outside. That's for the real police. Hope you feel better soon.

Laura
Congrats on the pound lost. I should have done some yard work this afternoon. The back yard really needs to be mowed one more time.

Michelle
You have given some good advice for Thanksgiving eats. My touble is that this month safety luncheon is going to be a Thanksgiving meal. And congratulations on your less than a pound loss. At least it was not a gain. Has DH's new med's started to work yet?

Annie
Sending you more good vibes. Give Hella Bella a good squeeze and spend some time with the kids. I hadn't thought about the fact that a peeping tom is some one you might know. I immediately thought of the pervert.

Shad
Are you still on vacation?

Mel, Patty. and Rose hello.

MELODY525
11-21-2009, 08:17 AM
YES I WAS BUSY WITH HUNKY MEN!! YUM YUM! LOTS OF EYE CANDY YESTERDAY :hun: AND BY MONDAY WE WILL HAVE OUR BRAND NEW CAMERAS IN PLACE AND OPERATING INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE BLDG :cheer3:
:love: THEN THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, CHRIS, CAME TO "FIX" THE HEAT IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM. SEEMS MAINTENANCE CAN'T REMEMBER FROM ONE YEAR TO THE OTHER HOW TO OPERATE IT. SPEAKING OF MAINTENANCE...JOHN WAS PRONOUNCED CANCER FREE AT THIS TIME BUT HAS THE MEN'S VERSION OF DYSPLASIA ON THE PROSTATE AND IS ON A 6 MONTH WATCH FOR NOW. HE ABOUT FELL APART WITH RELIEF AND TO BE HONEST...ALTHOUGH WE FIGHT LIKE CATS AND DOGS I WAS WORRIED. CANCER IS CANCER NO MATTER WHO GETS IT. HE'S BEEN TAKING A BEATING FROM OTHERS WHO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF KICKING A DOG WHILE IT WAS DOWN. I WENT DOWN ALMOST EVERY MORNING JUST TO TRY AND CURB THE "PACK" AND POINT OUT THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS :lol3: . SAD ISN'T IT?...THIS IT WHAT THIS WORK PLACE HAS BECOME...A BUNCH OF FRIGGING ANIMALS..
ANYWAY....THE SUN IS OUT AND THE SENIORS WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY FOR THEIR PARTY. I HAVE BEEN PREACHING TO THE SENIORS TO IGNORE THE OFFICE AND GET ON WITH THEIR LIVES LEST THEY GET SADDENED FOR THE HOLIDAYS. :hohoho: OTHER GOD NEWS...THE CAR WAS REPAIRED AHEAD OF TIME AND I GAVE THE KIDS $$ TO GET IT OUT OF HOCK. WILLY GAVE THEM A RIDE AND JEN WENT FOOD SHOPPING :broc: :cb:

I WILL GO AND READ YOUR ESCAPADES NOW.

MELODY525
11-21-2009, 08:48 AM
BY THE WAY....LET IT BE NOTED THAT MY SISTER MICHELLE PUT CHRISTMASSY TICKER IN HER SIGGIE LONG BEFORE I DID :rofl:

ANNIE...VIRGIN HEALTH MILES? CAN YOU PULL THAT OFF AFTER HAVING HAD 2 CHILDREN?? :rofl: :rofl: THE HOLIDAYS ARE VERY STRESSFUL FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. JEN AND RICHIE ARE ALREADY FEELING THE TUG. JUST GO WITH THE FLOW ANNIE AND SEE HOW THE FUTURE UNFOLDS. I TOLD JEN LAST NIGHT...LET EVERYTHING "GO" AND SEE WHAT LIFE BRINGS. AS FOR THAT DICK HEAD IN CVS...THEY SHOULD TORTURE PORNO ABUSERS. NOTHING IS WORSE. IT MAKES ME SICK TO EVEN THINK THEY ARE ALLOWED TO LIVE. JESUS.
AS FOR YOUR MOM...HOPE AND PRAY SHE WILL BE HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS. THEY MAKE SMALL CHAIRS LIKE YOU SEE ON TV THAT TURN AROUND ON A DIME. THEY MAKE ME SEA SICK BUT OTHERS LOVE THEM. JUST A THOUGHT. :hug:

HAPPY~SORRY YOU STILL FEEL SICK. WAS THINKING OF YOU YESTERDAY WHEN ROSIE IN THE OFFICE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BRONCHITIS AND HAS ALREADY RUN OUT OF SICK DAYS. KEEPING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOU IN MY HEAD :hug: I ALSO CANNOT BELIOEVE SANTA TIME IS HERE AGAIN! :hohoho:

JEANETTE~ I THOUGHT YOU HAD RUN AWAY FROM HOME TO PARAGOULD AND I MISSED YOU :hug: GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK WITH THE WEIGHT. I AM STUCK RIGHT NOW. WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE MR. FLATULENCE?? I AM GLAD YOU CONTACTED ADT...WE HAVE THEM HERE TOO. GOOD AND RELIABLE COMPANY. KEEP US POSTED. HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER THIS WEEKEND TOO. IS IT A WORKING ONE??

LAURA~ YUM!! VEGGIE SOUP! :hun: YOU CRACKED ME OUT WITH THE BF BEING TUCKERED OUT! :rofl: :rofl: TOO CUTE AND SOOOO TRUE!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE POUND!! WAY TO GO :cheer3: I AM RELIEVED TO HEAR YOU'RE DOING BETTER. HERE'S TO A GOOD WEEKEND :cheers: HAVE FUN AT THE PARTY AND JUST DON'T EAT A "POUND" OF FOOD! I GOTTA SAY THE FOOD SOUNDS LIKE MY KIND OF PARTY!!! :dance:

MICHELLE~ GOOD GOING ON THE LOSS. :cheer2: I LOVE ANYTHING THAT HAS THE MINUS SIGN IN FRONT OF IT. IF YOU DO REALLY WELL THIS COMING WEEK, I'LL LET YOU LOSE SOME WEIGHT FOR ME THE FOLLOWING WEEK. OK?? :rofl: i hope too that the dh feels better soon.

ceejay52
11-21-2009, 12:05 PM
No trouble last night. I'm hoping that the ADT sign out back has run him off for good.

Mel
I agree, life is to short. We have to get on with our lives and live them to the fullest. Glad to hear the car was repaired sooner than expected. My sister has ADT but her's is not as expensive as what mine is and they didn't have to install it. It was there when they purchased the house.

My aunt is wanting me to come earlier today so I must get on with my chores.

annie175
11-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Two words....Love stinks. CVS played the d*amndest music while I worked today. Actually came to tears on "Unbreak my heart" by that cute little dark person. Forget her name.

Last night sucked as I bawled my eyes out, heartache sucks. Gez, I have got to get over this before it consumes me. 5 days is long enough to be sad. Don't ya think?

Hella Bella is barking her arse off outside right now, I need to go get her in here.

Chat later. Love yas, and thanks for thinking of me....btw...mom came through her 2nd surgery great. She now has a cold however and thinks she is really "sick" If it were just the cold that would be true, I don't think she realizes how really "sick" she is at this time. Anyway....

Love and hugs....the broken hearted blonde mess...

MELODY525
11-22-2009, 07:55 AM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/truitti/days%20of%20week/Sunday/dc2cd4a0.gif

A BRIGHT AND SUNNY DAY HERE ON THE EAST COAST. LOTS OF LIGHT! :sunny: I REALLY SHOULD DO SOME CLEANING BUT I JUST FEEL LIKE EITHER READING IN THE SUN LATER ON OR WATCHING CHRISTMAS MOVIES. THEY'RE PLAYING ALL WEEKEND :dance: ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD. HOPE IT IS IN YOURS TOO :moped:

JEANETTE~HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME OUT BY THE AUNT AND THE WEATHER IS GOOD DOWN BY YOU TOO.

ANNIE~ 5 DAYS IS NOT A LONG TIME WHEN THE HEART IS INVOLVED. AFTER ALL YOUR "HEAD" HAD CERTAIN EXPECTATIONS FOR THE FUTURE WHETHER YOU EITHER THOUGHT OR SAID THEM OUT LOUD OR NOT. IT'S HUMAN NATURE TO PROJECT DOWN THE ROAD AND PLAN. SO GIVE YOURSELF TIME. IT'S ALSO THE HOLIDAY SEASON AND MUSIC PLAYS A BIG PART IN EMOTIONS. AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, I CRY FOOD SHOPPING AND HOPE NO ONE SEES ME!!
NOTHING WORSE THAN A OLD SHORT FAT BLOND IN A WHEELCHAIR CRYING!!! :rofl: HANG IN THERE :hug:

happy2bme
11-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Good morning ladies,

I finally broke down and went to the doctor late Friday afternoon. Got a shot in the butt, an inhaler, cough medicine and this new antibiotic. When I read the patient information sheet on the antibiotic and looked it up on the Internet, I decided that no way was I going to take it. There were strong warning of ruptured tendons associated to this medicine as well as several other disturbing side effects. And the part that got me was it said you can have side effects LONG after you STOP taking the medicine. The pharmacist said it is widely prescribed and this problem is most associated to marathon runners (which I am not) BUT I have enough darn problems with my feet and I don't need any more. I called and talked to the nurse on call yesterday who at first also resisted but relented and I got a different med. It cost me $47.50 out of pocket - my pharmacy gave me a $10 gift card and a coupon for another gift card if I bring in another prescription but I am still out the $27.50. My price for peace of mind I guess. I did learn a good lesson in standing at the counter and reading the patient info sheets BEFORE I leave the pharmacy. Never had this issue before in all my life. This cold is kicking my butt. I'm sure if I had not gone to the doctor I would have been in really bad shape today as my lungs were all crackly. It feels like it's recycling and trying to start symptoms all over again. DH and I have to go out today but I don't think I'm going to have much strength to do much walking around.

Mel - glad to hear you finally got some sunlight. I thought you had storms up your way for a while. Go poke your face out for a few and recharge the batteries. I love your Christmas ticker - don't love that that there's so little time left to plan :( I was picking out some music for a holiday event at work - be care to select NO MUSIC that even remotely uses the word Christmas folks because we have to be so politically correct that we offend most of the Christian world that makes up the majority of the people in our building - but pardon the editorial comment there. Anyway listening to the music that I can't include in the program made me quite festive :D Hope you got enough eyefuls of Chris baby :lol:

Annie- I don't know why relationships devistate us as hard as they do but I think as women we want different things out of them than men do - particularly at this stage in our life. And I guess we are the ones who have to accept it and adapt. Did this take you by surprise or were there little signs? Sorry - but I think the old "I can't give you enough or it's not you it's me" is a man's hunkajunk line of BS. Anyway 5 days is still fresh. Mel is right - don't listen to music, especially Toni Braxton! I've noticed that when I'm in a funk, I always seem to hear the funk inducing music. Time will fade feelings, you just need to get busy with your life and use this as prime Annie time and let the boys in the background fight over you while you're not looking at them ;)

Ceejay - hope you had a mice visit with the aunt.

I have to go get showered and dressed before DH runs me off. Enjoy your Sunday ladies.

Shad
11-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Sitting here, totally bored at Sydney airport. The Qantas club hotspot is not working on my computer and I have to use one of their keyboards and screens. This is not doing my head much good after nearly 3 days of almost no sleep at all. And no I was not partying all that time. Just didn't sleep very well, and was mostly constantly cold.
Still it was nice to meet up with family and friends and be introduced to new friends etc. The engagement party went off well although it rained so we had to be inside - that got a little cosy at times. Naturally I ate too much.
Not sure I want to see weigh in day come around again.

Happy - hope you are feeling better. Seems that everyone is getting colds/ flu/ virus' at the moment. Hope DH doesn't make you run too fast on your trip out.

Michelle - sorry to hear also that DH is not getting rid of this rotten bug that he has. Hope that sorts itself out soon.

Mel - Old short fat blonde in a wheelchair - crikey I thought that was Bubbles the balloonatic floating on past! I'm happy to hear that John is cancer free and hope that he remains that way for the next 100 or so years. My friend in Townsville who had a fairly aggressive breast cancer is recovering from having the second breast off. Her golf swing is improving by the day. Long may they survive the rotten disease.

Laura - rake away your problems. I do that when I am digging in the garden. Some people have no idea of the cr*p heaped on their heads when I am digging, raking or weeding.

Ceejay - hope you have sorted out all your problems by now. What a crazy world we live in.

Patty - good to see you back among us as well. Hope the reno's and the garage clearance are all done now. Did you decide you liked the colour of the new wall yet??

Annie - I know that we say that time is a great healer. It doesn't do much for the mind and body at the beginning. I don't think it was a wasted 14 months. You had a good time of it and enjoyed yourself. Now you have to find a way to do it without him. I don't suggest you go out there and buy yourself a Harley. :nono: But do not deny the sadness and tears. They will happen for a time. I just know that when the occasion calls for it you'll pull the britches up and just get on with it.

And with that, I might actually get off this computer and go sort out something for reading on my flight. It won't be a book, because they charge heaven and earth for reading matter in this joint. Maybe some retail therapy might help - but then again probably not. I don't need more junk.

ceejay52
11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
The trip to Paragould was good. My uncle did not feel well as he had a milogram last week. His doctor sure is putting him through the mill.

So far all is quiet in my corner of the world.

Annie
Hugs.

Mel
I'm sure you are enjoying your day in the sun shine.

Happy
It's good to hear that you read the inserts. I generally ask the doctor about the side affects before I leave the exam room. Feel better soon.

Shad
Good luck in finding something to pass the time away at the airport/flight home. I try to take along some word find books with me. I'm not an avid reader.

To the rest a big :wave:.

MELODY525
11-23-2009, 07:53 AM
:scooter: ON THE RUN THIS MORNING. SECURITY MEN ARE HERE TO FINISH OFF THE WORK AND GEE....NO NONE IS HERE TO STAY WITH THEM IN THE OFFICE :faint: THEY STARTED AND NOW THEY WENT FOR COFFEE. TOLD THEM I WAS GOING TO DO THE SAME. BUT I CAME TO SAY HLLO AND GRAB A LOAD OF WASH. MIGHT ASWELL GET BOTH DONE. and it is freezing in the lobby with the doords open and closed. dark outside and smells like snow!! yikes!!HAPPY MONDAy :MOPED:

HAPPYU~ I HOPE THE NEW PILLS WILL DO THE JOB. EVERYONE AROUND ME HAS BRONCHITIS(SP) SENDINGYOU A GET WELL HUG lhug:

SHAD~ SO GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIEND DOING WELL :dance: I AM GLAD SOMEONE IS BEATING THIS. JOHN IS OVERJOYED BUT STILL A BIT SCARED AS CAN BE EXPECTED. NOW HE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO EAT HEALTHY!!! HOPE YOUR HEAD FEELS BETTER!:hug:

JEANETTE~ I HOPE NTHE UNCLE WILL BE FEELING BETTER SOON. POOR GUY. HAVE THEY MADE A DEFINITE DIAGNOSIS YET? SENDINGYOU BOTH A :hug:

MELODY525
11-23-2009, 07:54 AM
CAN YOU TELL BY ALL THE ERRORS THAT THE EYES ARE A BIT BLURRY?????? :rofl: :rofl:

happy2bme
11-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Good morning ladies,

Quick post for me today. Wish I was still sleeping. Don't feel great, tired of this already. BUT it is a short work week!

We took a long drive to the furniture store yesterday. Unlike the commercial, so NOT worth the drive. It was grey and dark too so DH was as sleepy as I was :lol: We stopped for dinner - I had yummy artichoke lemon chicken - I can finally start to taste things again.

Mel - hope you stay warm - the chill of November is here. Help John with some nutrition counselling - maybe you need to help him shop for better power foods. Good luck with the absentee workers!

Welcome back Shad!

Good morning to everyone else - I have to get on my way. Catch you later. :wave:

annie175
11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Good Morning Girls...

What a great non-sunshiny day this has started out to be. GOt to the office early at 7:05 am, after dropping by dad's to deliver him some food I made. Ham, Greenbeans, potatos and one small cc cookie for dessert. He was excited to both see me and get the food. Bless him. The president (my boss) was already in, which is weird as she doesn't usually arrive until around 8:30 ish. We began putting out fires the moment I walked in. It was hectic. I put her on a conference call at 9:00 so I could get my work done. (Chick posting, lol)

To add to my crying spree last Friday night, my only baby boy has joined the army. I about sh*t. He goes for his physical this Wed the 25th, then will be sworn in if he passes. He will leave for bootcamp the first week in January unless there is an opening sooner, he will go then. That my friends is killing me. Yes I am very proud of him but selfishly do not want him to go.

Mom has actually perked up since finding out she gets to come home on Thanksgiving then for good a few days after. We have decided to "take" her home rather than being released as she is not getting the care she needs in that place. She can now walk down the hall and do some minor/light house and body cleaning. (Of course with her walker) Dad and my brother-Michael, went out a bought one of those hoist your butt out of the chair - lazyboys for mom when she gets home. Michael set it up and it is all ready to go. They got a pretty good price on it $599.00. I told mom that is was spring loaded to flip her out across the room...I got the usual "RITA ANNE" and that look from her. That alone did my heart good. LOL

MELLIE...You are so sweet, thank you from the very bottom of my heart. Our hearts are similar as is Chelle's. Altho not too sweet with just enough orneriness inserted. xoxoxo and old short fat blonde in a wheelchair, just cracked me up. You are toooooo much!!

Chelle...didn't call as I spent Friday night on the phone with my DD and a good friend of mine. Saturday by the time I got home from work, I was pooped so I went to bed, visited mom on Sunday morning and got a call from CVS needing me as someone else called off for the day. So all and all I was busier than I thought I would be.

Shad...welcome back to the world of worldlies. Glad you got some family time even tho you froze your arse off. I think this is the first day I am feeling at least half normal, so I would say my britches are about to my knees. By the end of the week I should be fully clothed. Thanks Shad, you say the right things I need to hear.

Happy...glad you finally got the meds you need, even if you had to play switchie changie before getting something you could take. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Ceejay....a good trip to the Uncles...yes, success....thank you for the hugs, I know they do truly work. I am feeling much better mentally.

Not much else going on, I work tonight, tomorrow night and Wed night at CVS. Can you say dead? Then off Thurs and Fri, then work Sat and Sun. I will get 30 hours in this week.

Thank you all, hello's to everyone.

Love and Hugs,

MELODY525
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
ANNIE~ JESUS....JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S SAFE TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SON AND I TOO HAVE MIXED EMOTIONS. WHAT CAN NI SAY? SENDING MORE HUGS YOUR WAY AND LOTS OF PRAYERS FOR YOUR SON. :angel: HOPE MOM WILL DO OK AT HOME. SOME DO SO MUCH BETTER ONCE THEY GET BACK HOME. GOOD LUCK!!

HAPPY~ THOUGHT THE FURNITURE STORE WOULD BE SO GREAT! DANG....TOO BAD IT WASN'T BUT DINNER SOUNDED GOOD :hun: HOPE YOU'RE FEELING A LITTLE BETTER TODAY. :hug:

I GT TO SEE CHRIS AGAIN!!! YAY!!! THEY "BROKE" THE HEAT IN THE COMM. ROOM SATURDAY WITH THE PARTY. SO I TOLD THE OFFICE TO CALL CHRIS...HE CAME AND FOUND THAT SOMEONE HAD TURNED THE CIRCUIT BREAKER OFF!! :rofl: :rofl: BUT I GOT MY EYE CANDY FOR THE DAY AND WE BOTH HAD A GREAT LAUGH!!
GOING TO PUT THE WASH AWAY AND TAKE A REST. BEEN ON THE GO SINCE BEFORE 7. I AM HUNGRY, TIRED AND FROZEN :brr:

annie175
11-23-2009, 11:30 AM
MELLIE.........MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm, eye candy...Yep I am in the market for some!!

Laura705
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Hello ladies! Weekend was alright, but eating was not tracked, and some snacking go out of hand. Friday evening I got into a carbfest - a single serving of chips (thank goodness that's all we had in the house) w/ dip, then pretzel rods w/ dip, and popcorn later. Never ate a real dinner that night. Saturday I didn't end up doing any leaf-raking - the day got away from me. My hair appointment pretty much killed the morning. After that I addressed a small part of the kitchen - unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it, and cleaned the sink. Usually housecleaning doesn't excite me, but I was very pleased how the sink came out when I attacked some mineral deposits w/ plain old vinegar. I took doggy for a walk by the creek, and then bf and I went to lunch, then did some errands and that killed the afternoon. Sunday was a baptism of our friends baby. I did okay w/ food portions at the party afterwards.

Ceejay – Maybe your Farting Frank is the ADT security guy drumming up business in his own special way, LOL. Seriously, I'm glad that you're taking measures to make your home secure and give you some peace of mind. Degenerates will go elsewhere if there are any significant obstacles to their misdeeds. I don't really know what our doggy would do with an intruder, and neither would the intruder, but I'm somewhat confident his menacing barks and growls would likely make them move on. Quiet is good, hope it stays that way for you!

Mel – Great news about John! I agree – it's sad that the work environment for him isn't at all supportive. Animal is an apt description when people can't display some level of human caring or civility. Yay for the hunky man-viewing. Mel – are you sure you didn't turn off that circuit breaker?? :rofl: Hurray that the kids have their car repaired after the deer incident! No snow, please!! :nono: They were mentioning that for our Thanksgiving Day forecast here, but I think they've since removed it and the temp is forecast in the high 40's. Fingers crossed. :crossed:

Annie –You know you're gonna get over this, and I know you wish it were ASAP, but your heart is hurting – give it some time. In the meantime, you certainly have a lot of things to take your mind off of it! So sorry to hear about your son enlisting in the army. Seems like it came out of the blue – my gosh, January he'll be off! Hugs! :hug: If going home has perked your mom up mentally, that's great – she'll be motivated to make progress in getting herself better!! LOL re the new chair catapulting her across the room!!

Happy – Sorry the cold is kicking your butt. I think it's smart for people not to follow the doc's orders blindly, but to question their treatment, rx, etc. I phoned my doc Friday and he wanted to call in an rx for an antibiotic. He said I could have a "secondary infection" (after having the cold). I asked if there was a test that would confirm it and he said no. Huh. So just throw antibiotics at it? At this point, I'm feeling better, but I still want to understand if this cold was worse because of asthma or something. I told him I'd wait and see on the antibiotic, and I'd go see my allergist. Friday through Sunday, in addition to my allergy nasal spray, I also took zyrtec (that's what I do when my allergies are bad and I need to double team them) and it pretty much dried me out, and lo and behold the congestion and coughing eased up a lot. Sorry the furniture store wasn't as expected. There's one that advertises like that here too and I wonder if it lives up to it's claims. But I'm not in the market for furniture right now, so it'll wait.

Shad – Sorry you didn't sleep well the past few days. I hope you're catching up on your sleep right now as I write this! Sounds like a nice visit.

Okay, need to get this posted and get on with the day. Everyone have a good one!

happy2bme
11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Ok, sitting here chomping on my green peas and garden vegetable soup...

OMG Annie - I have such mixed feelings for you! On one hand, given today's economy and employment, I would think it would maybe be a smart move on your son's part to enlist and take advantage of the training and options they have available. But then there is the scary Mary part about DEPLOYMENT. YIKES! I hope he can stay stateside. They sure don't give you long to think about it - snatched away in January. I can understand your panic. :( I'm glad to hear that Mom is getting around. We looked at those powerlift chairs this weekend. Fun to play with ;) How nice to give Dad a covered dish of delish homemade food. You can get your cooking jones taken care of of I'm sure he (like anyone) would appreciate some great fresh meals. Sounds like you are crazy busy on the run again. No time to think. Just make sure you don't get run down or sick with all the germs you must be meetin' and greetin' at CVS.

Laura, I need something at this point to dry me up too. I do have some prescription and over the counter stuff but I hate to mix it all up with my regular meds. And I skipped the Nyquil one night and found that really helps me to sleep so I have to remember what not to take so I can squeeze the Nyquil in. But if only I could dry these lungs out, I'm sure I'd feel much better. I hope this won't be another of those seasons where the colds just keep making the same rounds every few weeks :mad: How does your hair look? Do anything different? That's a great idea with the vinegar - will have to try that.

Mel - so are your eyes blurry from those hot flash thoughts of Chris :rofl: (Laura - I think you're on to something with maybe SHE being the one who turned the breaker off ;) ) Hungry, tired and frozen is not a good place for you - go get some rest before it knocks you out.

Shad - I saw that some icebergs cracked of the Antartic and are floating their way to NZ. Is that why you were cold this weekend? The world is falling apart and people just won't LISTEN.

If I had a pillow and blanket I would chance the filthy carpet under my desk, crawl under it and just take me a nice nappy. All that would be heard from the walkway would be the sound of my snoring broken up by an occasional light cough or sniff. :^:

annie175
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Happy...Yep you bet, OMG, they already told us that it is like a 90% chance of his getting deployed. The good news is it is a 50/50 it be Iraq or Afghanistan, and right now Iraq is calmer than Afghanistan. Please dear Lord I cannot take anymore heartache. I don't just mean recently but over my lifetime. Green peas and soup yum, I had mushroom chicken and flied (fried) rice. Bad girl Annie.

Laura...actually my son has talked about the Army since high school. He is 2 1/2 years graduated and just now doing it. So yes and no on the army, it was just my surprise I guess as I thought it was way back on the back burner for him. He wants to be military police. At least you were half good over the weekend, sounds like Sunday wasn't as bad as Friday night, or even Saturday.

Better get my sh*t hot and get some work done.

Later chickies,

diyana
11-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Happy Monday ladies -

I had a busy weekend. Saturday was spent running errands and going to meetings, and DH was still feeling pretty sick on Saturday. By Sunday, he was feeling a little better, so he and I got the gutters cleaned out, all the leaves mulched, and the other winter prep chores just about done. DH still has to winterize the lawn mower, but will do that this coming weekend. We didn't get the lawn decorations done, but I'll do that Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Ceejay - Good for you for purchasing extra security for inside and outside, especially since you live alone.

Mel - Glad you were able to enjoy some nice eye candy over the weekend. That's great news about John not having cancer! Glad to hear the kids' car was fixed ahead of time. As for holidays, DH and I are cutting back. I think this will be the first year in ages that I didn't get up early for the Black Friday sales. Please don't overdo today. Rest your eyes, young lady!!

Annie - I was hoping you'd call over the weekend...but we'll chat another time. I'm glad you were able to spend time on the phone and visiting friends and family. 5 days is still pretty new, sweetie. It will get better, but it will take time...and it will be hard to listen to certain songs for awhile. Your son joined the Army?! That's very brave and honorable of him to serve his country...but makes for a lot of stress for you! I'm so sorry. Hang in there, my dear sister! Sending :hug: for you and :angel: for both of you. You've got a busy week at CVS. Sheesh! At least you don't have to work Black Friday at CVS. Do you have Friday off from your day job?

Happy - Hope you are feeling better. Those are some scary side effects for an antibiotic! Glad you were able to get something else instead! Were you able to rest and relax some this weekend? Furniture shopping? What are you looking for?

Shad - Glad you had a nice time with family and friends and that the party went well. I had no idea it was that much colder in NZ than in Aus. But I guess it's probably like how the upper midwest can be in the 40s and the southwest can be in the 90s.

Laura - Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Well, it's nearly time for me to wrap things up for the day. Wishing you all a great evening!

Love and hugs,

diyana
11-23-2009, 04:22 PM
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving!

ceejay52
11-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Michelle
What a cute poem!!!!!

Laura
Don't think the peeping tom is the ADT rep. (he he) He came from Memphis, Tn. I wonder why it's so hard on the week ends to follow our diet plans! Dogs are excellent protectors.

Annie
Your son has done a noble thing by joining the military. I know it's not helping your nerves.

Happy
How are you feeling today?

Shad
Glad you had a good visit with family and friends.

Talked to a police officer today to ask about getting some mace for protection. I told him why and that I was getting ADT installed. He told me to call him if needed. I have to purchase the mace through a gun store. I needed to know if I had to have a permit.
I didnt get my yard work done but will this week end.

1day@atime
11-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Hello Ladies,

Annie - No your not whining... It's only been a week... Your heart is broken and it takes time to heal. I too have mixed feelings the military. I am so thankful for the men and women who enlist to protect us. But at the same time, I worry about the ones i know. Keep us informed...

Mitchellez - So sorry to hear hubby is still not up to par. I will keep him in my prayers. Blackie and I are doing good... Last night as i was taking out the trash, he got out... He was quick to run and make his rounds... finally caught up to him...

Happy - Hope you get to feeling better. Good move on reading the side effects.

Ceejay - I know Texas does require a permit for mace, a gun yes.

Mel - eye candy... I'd like to see some eye candy. Maybe even get a taste.

Shad - good to hear you had a good trip.

Laura - that always seems to happen when we don't track our food. Maybe the wind will blow real hard and blow your leaves somewhere else.

As for me, I still haven't decided on the paint color. I did put up one of my drapes, two more to go. Maybe after that i'll be able to chose the color. I'm finally getting the room looking the way i want it.

Shad
11-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Afternoon all,
Like I have said before, if I don't post early morning, I generally forget to post at all.

My trip home was not as bad as it sounded. I just didn't take enough warm clothes. I forget that NZ is much further south than Brisbane and it takes longer for Spring to arrive in some cases. Inside the houses I was perfectly okay, just when I had to hang about waiting for someone or going from car to house at night etc. that I had a problem.

I stayed with Chris (of Japanese fame) for Friday afternoon, night and Saturday morning. We went to the Farmers market down on the riverbank (in the rain too) It was a great market. You should have seen the size of the cauliflowers for $2.00 - would have kept me going for over a week. Huge hulking thing. They also had fish and lamb and honey at the market as well as a range of breads and baked goods. Good place to go.
Saturday, my sister picked me up and we went to the nieces engagement party. Pity it was raining. But we had a nice time and met all Matts rellies - he's the fiance - and he cooked on the bbq. Niece says that he is a better cook than she is so maybe she's pretty lucky. We got in around 10.30pm and it was a really foggy trip back to my sisters place. On Sunday we went and had lunch with the niece on her lunch break and then she and DF arrived to cook dinner. We did the housework in the afternoon.

Monday back at the airport and the usual frustrations of travel - although there were a few bright moments I have to admit. Some good eye candy on the flight to Brisbane - a sports team was travelling, however they were all about a foot and a half too tall.

So today has been sort of busy getting the cat out of jail - her words not mine (and she hasn't shut up yet), doing some shopping for food and doing the laundry. The cattery assistant wasn't too happy about putting her in the cage, so I had to go in and do it myself. Sometimes you just have to know who is boss - mostly it is her. I'm about to go pack the bags away and tidy up the bedroom. DS2 is going around to the house. I'm going shopping for more paint tomorrow and will be there to clean up and tidy up and paint the top coat on Thursday - always hoping we don't get a heat wave and the paint dries on the roller.

I've got tomatoes coming out of my ears. The four plants have excelled themselves with produce. I'll be ripping the plants out this week and making green tomato jam or pickles with the remaining fruit. Yum.

Afraid there will be no personals tonight. I'm already on the run to get dinner ready and the cat feed and the washing in and ironed. I've a full schedule tomorrow but will get to personals then. Need a job to get a rest.

diyana
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Happy Tuesday!! It's Friday for me!!

I have a wonderful loooong weekend ahead! :woohoo: We'll get the outside decorations put up, and hopefully the inside ones too. I'll get some website work done, maybe some shopping too, and get my butt to the gym on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Ceejay - As for mace, I don't know if regulations vary from state to state. I know you need a permit to carry it in CA and Wisconsin. Do you get any extra time off for the holiday?

Patty - It's so scary when the doggies get loose. I'm so glad you caught up to him. How exciting to be redecorating...getting the room just the way you want it. Do you have Thanksgiving plans?

Shad - Sounds like a very nice visit with Chris and with your family, and your niece's fiance sounds very nice and he can cook too - that's a bonus!! Hopefully Sunday will forgive you one of these days.

I'll check back in later to see what the rest of y'all are up to!

Love and big hugs,

MELODY525
11-24-2009, 08:02 AM
:coffee: GOOD MORNING CHICKS
NOT MUCH TO REPORT. TODAY IS A DO NOTHING DAY. DID ENOUGH YESTERDAY. GOING TO GET ORGANIZED A BIT AND PUT STUFF AWAY. JEN AND RICHIE ARE GOING SHOPPING. RICHIE IS DOING THE HOLIDAY COOKING. LOOKING FORWARD TO A 4 DAY MELIDAY :turkey:
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY :moped:

:hb: I LOOKED AT MY CALENDAR AND PATTY'S BIRTHDAY IS ON THANKSGIVING??? I DON'T REMEMBER THAT :lol3:

LAURA~ THAT WAS SOME WEEKEND YOU HAD. A FEW WEEKENDS AGO I HAD A CARB FEST TOO. WHERE DO THEY COME FROM??? IF YOU DON'T WANT THE SNOW THEN SEND IT HERE. IT KEEPS THE SENIORS QUIET :rofl: I DIDN'T FLIP THE CIRCUIT BREAKER...HONES I DIDN'T...BUT I AM THINKING OF DOING IT NEXT MONTH :rofl: :rofl:

HAPPY~ YESTERDAY FELT LIKE A BLANKET CUDDLING DAY. GET MAINTENANCE TO CLEAN THE RUG UNDER YOUR DESK FOR THOSE BLANKIE MOMENTS!!! :cloud9: HOW ARE YOU FEELING NOW WITH THE MEDS??

MICHELLE~ HOPE DH AND YOU STAY HEALTHY AND HAPPY OVER THE HOLIDAYS. DON'T GO ANYWHERE THERE ARE SICK PEOPLE!!! DECORATING OVER THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND WILL GET US ALL GOING!! :hohoho:

JEANETTE~ IF YOU DO GET THE MACE...MAKE SURE YOU GET A LESSON ON HOW TO PROPERLY USE IT. THIS WAY IT DOESN'T END UP IN YOUR EYES TOO!!

PATTY~ NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE...IS YOUR BIRTHDAY ACTUALLY ON THANKSGIVING DAY?? IF NOT...IT IS ON MY CALENDAR :lol3: :lol3: HOPE YOU GET A COLOR PICKED OUT!! ROFLMAO BUT IN THE MEANTIME, COME AND DO MY DRAPES!!

SHAD~ WOW...THAT WAS A FULL TRIP FOR SURE. LOTS OF STUFF GOING ON. GLAD YOU GOT TO SEE CHRIS TOO. HOPE HER HEALTH IS CONTINUING TO BE GOOD. POOR OLD SUNDAY...BET SHE HAD ALL TE CLAWS READY FOR THAT CAT CAGER :rofl: :rofl: READY FOR ACTION!!
HOPE YOUR PAINT DRIES ON THE WALL INSTEAD OF THE ROLLER!!!

MELODY525
11-24-2009, 08:05 AM
MICHELLE WINS THE SNEAKER INNER AWARD THIS MORNING....HOPE WE ALL HAVE ONE OF THOSE "GET EVERYTHING DONE AND GET IN THE HOLIDAY MODE" WEEKENDS. MAKING ME FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY JUST READING AND TALKING ABOUT IT :rudolph:

annie175
11-24-2009, 09:04 AM
No personals today, this is also my Friday Chelle...however will be spent at the hospital....please can't you just shoot me like a horse and get me out of my misery?

A long night............

Mom had a stroke after her dialysis late yesterday afternoon. She is in PCU (step below ICU) at Community Hospital. She is paralyzed on the left side and her speech is slurred. She has a blood clot on the brain. She is awake and trying to talk, I can understand her, others have trouble. The medicine that is used to dissolve blood clots cannot be used on her due to her other health issues, therefore we wait till the clot dissolves. She is gaining a slight bit of feeling on the left side. Too early to determine damage. The Rehab did not take proper care of her and for that I am so sorry and feel awful for my mom. If/when she gets out of the hospital, we are taking her home. That is where she wants to be and frankly, I think we can take better care of her than the center. The new lift chair is very nice, looks great in mom's living room and am sure it will accommodate mom perfectly.
I am working through lunch today so I may leave at 4:00 pm to see her before going to work at CVS.

I know this is just the beginning to the end, that poor woman has dealt with so much pain and sorrow all her life, what is the purpose in making her suffer? I ask you what is the reason?

I am exhausted and mentally fried.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving in case I do not get back here any time soon.

Love you all, Hugs,

diyana
11-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Mel - Enjoy your Meliday!! I'm hoping DH gets better so he can enjoy the holiday AND help with the decorating! :lol:

Patty - Happy Early Birthday!!

Annie - I'm soooo very sorry to hear about your mom. I think you and your family can take better care of her than the rehab center. It's so difficult when we see our parents' health decline. We are all here for you...and you have my phone number. Your mom (and you) are in my prayers and I'm sending lots of love, hugs :hug: and angels :angel: for you both. I know you're going through h*ll right now, but know that you are not alone. Take care, my worldly sister! Luvya.

diyana
11-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Laura and Happy - I need some suggestions from you. DH and I are meeting a friend in Chicago on Dec. 5th to check out the lights and maybe do some shopping, and this friend asked if there was anything special we wanted to do or anywhere special we wanted to go...and any restaurants we wanted to try out. Laura, since you live down there, and Happy since you used to...do you have any suggestions for Christmastime in Chicago?

Laura705
11-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Today's my Friday too! Looking forward to having six days off! (Ceejay - only two are vacation days - Wed. & Mon., the rest is just the long holiday weekend.)

This week is not shaping up as a good eating week, but it's only Tuesday and so the whole week is not down the drain, and I better not act like it is!! Michelle mentioned getting to the gym several times this weekend, and that's a very good idea I will borrow. It was around this time last year that I first got onto bf's gym membership. It was nice going there during Nov. & Dec. because it was very quiet!

Not a lot of time for personals today, but Annie, I'm keeping your mother in my prayers! I'm so sorry to hear about the stroke. Some rehab center!!

Michelle - I will think about stuff to do in Chicago - but off the top of my head, there's ice skating in Millenium Park, the lights on Michigan Avenue, the windows at Macy's, the big tree in Daly Plaza... There's a section of the northern suburb Lincolnwood that has a lot of nicely decorated houses that bf & I always try to see. Foodwise there's pizza... I'll think some more. Are you interested strictly in tourist activities?

Okay, gotta run!

Shad
11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Morning all,
I run Vista on this machine and I just noticed that when I open a tab on the internet for 3fat chicks, the post number comes up rather than the name. Interesting.
Miss Puss hasn't settled done completely yet and there was much prowling and intermittent yowling through the night. Guess she will get used to it.

Mel - I have several friends who have beaten breast cancer or are in remission for lengthy periods of time. All power to them. They have my utmost admiration for their determination and their dedication to beating the disease. The success rate for prostrate seems to be increasing as well over here. Many high powered men have had it and seen fit to update us with the details and prognosis. They all seem to be doing well. The trick appears to be catching it early. I hear that Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber is currently in hospital with pneumonia following complications from prostrate surgery. He's the music man - all those musicals - Cats - Evita - Phantom of the Opera etc.
Anyway - I wish John the best and to keep healthy and reasonably fit and stay positive.

Happy - sorry to hear that you are still not well. Sometimes I wonder about the wisdom of the internet medical information. I do know that it has woken the doctors up somewhat, but some drugs which may be beneficial for some people get a bad rap because someone somewhere took too many tablets in the mistaken belief it would get rid of the bug faster. Last time the doc gave me something I didn't recognise I asked him to look it up and we discussed it together. He found the reason why some people became violently ill after taking it and it was almost always to do with bad instructions and overkill. Anyway I hope the new stuff is doing you proud.

Ceejay - hope you are doing okay with all the excitement of the farting fool etc.

Laura - it's hard to keep the food under control all the time and at everyplace we go. We just do the best we can and try to work it off later. It happens, can't pretend it doesn't

Patty - I think the worst part of redecorating is to decide on colours for large areas of wall or floor. The paint always dries a different shade than you expect, usually darker. I tend to spend a few bucks and buy sample pots and put them on each wall that the paint will go and then stand back and watch it through different light during the day and night. It's never easy.

Annie - So sorry to hear about Mum. I hope she comes through this for your sake, but she may not think it is worth the effort. You need to be prepared for whatever is to come. I am thinking about you and wish you strength and endurance. Try to find some space for yourself to get your thoughts and fears sorted into a space where you may also find some peace. Yes, you have faced the fact that there may not be much more, now can you accept that fact?

So today will be purchasing the paint for the DS2's house. Patty will relate to that. I have got the colour down to a neutral cream with yellow undertones and maybe some blue or brown in a small area. I've also got plenty to keep me going here as well. I am about to pull out the tomato plants - they have been heated to burning point and they have burned themselves out with a fantastic crop which I have been giving away to friends. Then I need to mow the lawns again. The smell out there at the moment is glorious - I have roses out, the orange blossom is out, the frangipani is out and the alyssum is getting it's perfume ready.
So instead of waxing lyrical, I better get on with my day.
Fingers crossed, this could also be an interesting day!

ceejay52
11-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Shad
Your days are always interesting to me. I'm amazed at what you get done.

Annie
:hug: I'm also sending my love to you and your mom.

Michelle
Wow you are going to Chicago?

Laura
I've had a binge on carbs this afternoon, and I bragged on myself in my journal today. So much for that.

Happy, Patty and Mel :wave: hope you have enjoyed your day.

For some reason I'm fighting sleep today.

ceejay52
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
The last one out and the first one in. Every one have a good day.

MELODY525
11-25-2009, 09:10 AM
ANNIE~ I AM SADDENED BY YOUR NEWS AND WILL SEND A PRAYER MOM;S WAY. JUST DON'T KLNOW WHAT TO SAY TO COMFORT YOU OTHER THAN THAT YOU AREN'T ALONE. :hug: SENDING STRENGTH YOUR WAY.

MICHELLE~ HOPE CHICAGO TURNS OUT TO BE SPECTACULAR!!! :wreath: SOUNDS LIKE SUCH A LOVELY IDEA.

SHAD~ WE HAVE QUITE A FEW WOMEN IN THE AREA HERE THAT HAVE BEATEN IT SO FAR. THEY ARE SOME MIGHTY STRONG WOMEN. BUT THEN WE CAN ROAR LOUDER THAN THE OPPOSITE SEX!! LOL I KNOW SOOO MANY MEN WITH THE PROSTATE CANCER AND WITH JOHN'S PROBLEM AS WELL. MAKE YOU WONDER WHERE THIS IS ALL COMING FROM!!!

CEEJAY...DID YOU GET TO TAKE A NAP?? HOPE YOU'RE WIDE AWAKE AND BUSHY TAILED TODAY!!

LAURA~ GOOD IDEA WITH THE GYM. LAST NIGHT I THOUGHT I BETTER NOT GET IDLE OVER THE 4 DAYS!! NEED TO BURN OFF THE TURKEY!! GOOD LUCK.

:cofdate: SORRY THIS IS SHORT. SOMEONE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IF I WAS A COMMISSIONER. BEEN TRYING FOR 2 DAYS NOW TO RESPECTFULLY DECLINE. JEN AND I ARE STANDINGUNITED ON MY DECISION. (OF COURSE) THIS WHOLE ISSUE IS STRESSING...JUST WHAT I WANTED. NOW I AM REALLY THANKFUL THAT THE OFFICES ARE ALL CLOSED FOR 4 DAYS!!! :rofl: I AM GING DOWN TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH THE SENIORS. GET THEM CALMED DOWN FOR THE HOLIDAY AND TO SEE THE OTHER ONE'S OFF TO THE RELATIVES. CHAT LATER. :moped:

happy2bme
11-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Good morning ladies,

Guess I forgot to post yesterday. Was feeling really bad again. Today I am finally drying up a bit in the lungs for the first time in a week, I feel like this cold is trying hard to recycle.

First off Annie, my heart goes out to you. So much sadness in your world right now :hug: I'm so sorry to hear the news about your Mom. Very hard to fight when you have so many setbacks. I just hope she can be comfortable and without pain. My thoughts and prayers to you both sista. :grouphug:

Mel - I hope you DO NOT allow yourself to get sucked into taking care of anyone other than you and Jen. When you talk about the cancers, I often wonder with all the electronics things in the air, the more well sealed buildings we live and work in (more synthetics, less fresh air circulation) and the things we are consuming - both artificial, highly processed and as is the case with the growth hormones they feed the animals - it's no wonder we aren't all sick by 25. I am astounded at the number of complications I see in my young nieces - girls in their 20's and early 30's who should be in the prime of life and yet have thyroid issues and digestive issues and bodies that are bending and breaking when they should be gumby bounce out of anything types. "We" have earned our kinks and aches at our age, but them? :dunno:

Ceejay - did you get to bed early and get rested for today?

Shad - the thing that caught my attention on the drug they gave me was the additional 3 typewritten pages of info from the pharmacy. Apparently they have had lawsuits and are now required to inform people. It is a very widely prescribed drug which reminds me of a widely prescribed osteo / arthritis drug that was suddenly pulled of the market when it was discovered that it caused heart valve problems. In my opinion, as long as I am concious, I will be the biggest advocate of my own health care. There are lots of drugs out there and options, and while I trust my doctors, I will still back up their recommendations with my own findings. Also I find that you are given medications with no other information whatsoever as was the case with the blood sugar medicine. What do I eat, when do I take it, what will it do? :dunno: I had to research that all for myself. Anyway, did you find paint and is your sniffer on overdrive this morning with all the smells around you and pollen and such :lol: Sounds like Sunday the cat is really hating the cattery. Ours complains but other than breaking our hearts by trembling alot in the car, she never seems worse for the wear. I'm sure tho that for a cat who is used to roaming around outside all day long, to be stuck in a cage - even though it's quite roomy - is rather traumatic. Like me being stuck in the house while sick :^: Glad to hear you got a good bumper crop of tomatoes - now if only you had a mango tree :lol:

Laura and Michelle - enjoy your super long weekends. I'm jealous. Just 4 days for me but I'll take them. Hope you can make it to the gym. They are running a special at mine - tempted to join but DH won't go with me anymore and I know I wouldn't keep up with it on my own so just going to try and step it up here at home. If we can get the downstairs floors done and move the treadmill down where I can use it again, I'd be off to a good start.

Michelle - it's hard to believe that I've been gone 5 years from Chicago and probably have not been downtown since I left in 1998. I know they did construction and building and things have changed down there. I haven't even been to Millenium Park to see the "bean". If we go down, we go to the north side to the Butterfly exhibit at the Nature Museum and that's about it. Laura would be better to give suggestions. In fact, I can't even handle the traffic there anymore. Don't want to drive the 2 and a half hours from my sister's in the south suburbs to my SIL in Franklin, Wi. Ain't I bad? :lol:

Happy Early Birthday Patty - I don't want to forget either! :bday2you:

Hope you all (in the states) have a nice Thanksgiving. Take a moment to count your blessings in life even if it seems at the moment that your basket might be a bit on the empty side. I am grateful for your support and friendship :grouphug:

:happ3:

Laura705
11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Shad – re Andrew Lloyd Weber – it's so horrible that it now seems like the norm for people to be in the hospital for one thing and then catch something while they're in there. Very scary to think of spending any time at all in the hospital. I don't know about waxing poetic, but you painted a lovely picture of the sights and scents of your garden. But of course - you're an expert painter!! :D:D

Patty – I agree w/ Shad about buying the sample size paints and seeing what the paint looks like in a big area instead of a tiny swatch, and when it's dry, at different times of day in your house. Have fun! I told bf I'm ready for a change in color for our half bath and he got all grouchy. That's okay – when I'm ready, I'll do it myself rather than dealing w/ the complaints.

Mel – Hope you stay strong and continue to resist those who think you should be a commissioner (of what, may I ask??). Hope the 4 day weekend stays nice and quiet for you!

Happy - Glad the lungs are drying up today, and I hope it continues. I surprisingly wouldn't be the better person to suggest Chicago activities for Michelle's upcoming visit - bf and I haven't taken much advantage of our city's treasures lately. Well, last December we went down to Michigan Avenue before my company's Holiday party to hang out a bit and that was nice. Can't really suggest any restaurants though, except if you're in the mood for pizza, Lou Malnatis is great for deep dish. Not light and healthy though, LOL. We also used to enjoy seeing the short movies at the Omnimax theater at the Museum of Science and Industry. I've always loved the Art Institute, and my favorite exhibit there since I was a kid was the Thorne Miniature Rooms.

Hellos to everyone! I woke up early with chest congestion that had me coughing a lot, but once I medicated (my usual flonase spray, a zyrtec and a mucinex), I'm much better. I have a ton of things I should/could be doing, so I need to get myself dressed and out of this time-eating session of sitting around reading, internet browsing, tv-watching (two episodes of 18 Kids and Counting - I think it's more than 18 now, :eek:) and babbling here.

We had rain yesterday – quite a bit – and so the stubborn oak has finally dropped almost all of its leaves. If it weren't so dreary and overcast right now I'd seriously consider getting out to rake. My body is craving some exercise, I think. But the more important task is working out the desserts for tomorrow's dinner. I'm thinking I'll make pumpkin cake (w/ cream cheese frosting?) and a cranberry-pecan upside down cake. I need to get the recipes selected and make sure I have everything I need. Okay, gotta get moving. Have a wonderful Wednesday /Thursday everyone!

MELODY525
11-25-2009, 06:19 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p165/commentgraphics/Thanksgiving/0a032601d89ec3e.gif

MELODY525
11-25-2009, 06:24 PM
http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/lorileigh090605/Birthday/happy-birthday.gif?t=1237133464

:hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY :gift:
HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. SQUEEZE ALL THE GOODNESS OUT OF IT!!! :cheers:

Shad
11-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Morning all,

Has to be a quick post today. I am busy with cleaning the house and getting the suitcases put away and doing some patch up work around the house. I want to spend most of tomorrow round at the other place painting and such - mowing lawns etc. and cleaning up the mess DS2 has made because he won't clear up after himself. I took the lawn mower for a run round the house yesterday and so it it going to visit the new house tomorrow before we have to use a machete to get through the grass and weeds. I also need to set up the shed to take all my boxes as well. That should clear some space at my place.

Annie - I'm thinking of you a lot. Hope things are looking better for you.

To all my American friends - happy Thanksgiving and have a great weekend. Don't eat too much. Remember the challenge, and give thanks for a life well lived and for the opportunities you have been given.

I'm out of here for some lunch and some downtime before going back to work.

1day@atime
11-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Hello Ladies,

Annie - My thoughts and prayers are with your mom and you.

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes. Going over to my parents tomorrow. I'm making a few casseroles to take over. My room makeover was my birthday present to me. I've have two paint colors on the wall and definitely taking Shad's advice. I'm trying to look at the wall at different times.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I know for me personally I have much to be Thankful for. I'm thankful for all you wonderful ladies, who inspire, encourage, and are just there for me.

MELODY525
11-26-2009, 08:20 AM
:turkey:BOTH JOY AND I ARE HAVING PROBLEMS POSTING WITH A MESSAGE SAYING THE SERVER IS TOO BUSY AND TO TRY AGAIN LATER. I AM ASSUMING WE'RE ALL GETTING THIS.
SO WHEN WE GO MISSING THAT'S THE PROBLEM. :rofl:
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY TODAY:hun:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING AGAIN AND HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.

ceejay52
11-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Mel
I'm having that problem too.

Patty
Happy birthday. Enjoy your day at your mom's.

I'm going to be leaving in an hour to go to Paragould for Thanksgiving. Everyone enjoy today. Don't forget to exercise.

I'm at 195.8 this morning. We had a big feast yesterday at lunch. I didn't eat dinner because I was still to full.

I've jut looked otuide and my ADT sign is gone.

ceejay52
11-26-2009, 10:08 AM
I hope it ha fallen over.

Laura705
11-26-2009, 10:38 AM
For some reason I can see this page of the thread, but can't go back to see the previous page.

Hope this posts. Just want to say hello to everyone and report my weigh in. Scale says 183 again. No gain, no loss. I'm not eating crazy, but not particularly light and healthy either. I'm not logging my eating, so I don't know how many calories. I need to go back to paper and pencil when I know I'm not going to be running to the computer to log my food. Seeing what I eat is helpful to me.

We are likely postponing our Thanksgiving meal - bf's mom is sick. I think that would be best.

Okay, have a great day everyone!

happy2bme
11-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi ladies,

I FINALLY got in after 2 days of attempts. Keep getting the server is too busy message. Don't have the patience to sit here and keep hitting buttons. This is happenning to me at all times of day - 11:39am now, 11pm last night - even in the wee hours of the night. So if you don't see me posting much...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Hope you all have a nice day no matter what you planned even if you aren't celebrating.

I am down a little bit on the weight - hope I can keep it off. I hate to say it out loud but might have finally turned the tail on this cold. Down to just sniffles now. I have a cyst on my foot that is pressing on the nerve and giving me foot pain. Getting that removed Monday morning. I hate to do it now but I can only wear one pair of shoes right now - everything else presses on the cyst. Got my fill of doctors right now. :^:

Got to figure out when DH and I will be eating the turkey dinner - we plan to go for a walk outside even tho I think it's cold out. (44 degrees - what a wimp I am). But I'm hungry NOW.

Let me get this posted. Love to all the chicks :grouphug:

ceejay52
11-26-2009, 06:28 PM
My ign is still there. I think I'm getting paranoid.
Hope every one has had a good day.

Shad
11-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Morning all,

Everyone has been getting the message. Last time that happened to me a whole bunch of servers had died on the farm (what tech heads call a bunch of servers in a room) So I'm picking the same thing has happened here.

I've been painting in the other house this morning - whats brown and green and splattered with white spots??? A shaddy wearing her green painting gear. I've also swept and cleaned and tidied up - is that DS untidy or what. Now I am home for my second shower of the day and to watch a bit of tv before going on to the grouting. I have a couple of things to go out and buy and I think that is the end of my day.
DS2 is thanking his lucky stars. I went out and got the top coat paint for the house and put them in his ute when he went around to the house two days ago. He forgot they were there and drove them to work and home, to tennis last night and back to work today.
The heat has been pretty full on and when I texted him to see where he had put the paint, he dashed out to the ute and fearfully took a peek inside the cover expecting to see 'Ringlet" coloured paint all over the place. The tins were intact but badly dented and misshapen. I don't know whether the paint will be any good but we will check it out, after he gets home, if we can get the cans open. I'm really surprised there hasn't been an explosion.

Ceejay - need to curb that paranoia friend. Otherwise you will be jumping at shadows and mistaking waving trees for marauding men :rofl: Hope you watched those calories at Thanksgiving.

Happy - good thing about the weight, bad thing about the foot. Does this mean a day or so off work?? Hope you watched those calories at Thanksgiving.

Annie - How is Mum going? I have been thinking of you this week and hoping that everything is going along as well as it can. Hope you watched those calories at Thanksgiving.

Michelle - Is DH back on his feet and getting on with life again? Hope you watched those calories at Thanksgiving.

Laura - Don't need to tell you to watch those calories until the time when you get around to having Thanksgiving dinner.

Patty - Sorry I couldn't get back in to wish you a happy birthday. :hb: Hope it was a good one for you. Glad to hear you are with family for this important holiday time. Hope you watched those calories at Thanksgiving.

Mel - No need to tell you about the calories either and you probably wouldn't listen if I did. I hope the dinner deliveries with the mayor went well. Send my regards to the mayor next you see him. Tell him I am still going weird places and meeting weird people and still not afraid to do so.
Mel's Mayor expressed some degree of horror when I appeared on the scene a couple of years back. He didn't believe that two women would meet up and actually managed to get on when they only knew each other from the internet. Took some talking to get him to understand I had had the axe confiscated by Homeland Security. I don't think he really approved. :rofl:

Right so I had better get off to the shower, clean up and plan for the rest of the day. I have 6 more bags of horse poo to put into trenches in the garden. Jeez it stinks. Let's hope it does miracle things for the garden and doesn't give me a whole new crop of weeds to deal with. And there is always the grouting. Nearly finished, but I'm doing a go slow on it. Back later.

MELODY525
11-27-2009, 08:20 AM
:comp: BY JOVE...I THINK THEY FIXED THE WEBSITE. NO MESSAGES TODAY! :lucky:

NOTHING NEW HERE. ALL IS QUIET ON THE EASTERN FRONT. WE HAD A NICE EARLY DINNER TOGETHER AND I DID NOT GO NUTS. YOU SUFFER TOO MUCH OVEREATING AND I HATE THE "PAIN" OF IT ALL. BLOAT ETC. THEN LAST NIGHT THE KIDS WENT TO A RICHIE'S COUSINS. JEN COULD ALWAYS USE 2 DINNERS. RICHIE AND I NEED TO WATCH WAISTLINES. :preg:
:rain: THE WEATHER IS DREARY AND ALL EVERYONE WANTS TO DO IS SLEEP. SO IT WILL BE A QUIET WEEKEND FOR SURE! :carrot:
HAPPY FRIDAY/ SATURDAY :moped:

CEEJAY~ GLAD YOU FOUND THE SIGN IS STILL THERE!! WHERE WAS THE FEAST? AT WORK? HOPE THE TRIP TO PARAGOULD WENT WELL AND THE UNCLES AND AUN T ARE FINE.

SHAD~ WHEN YOU AND RICH MET, IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I ACTUALLY SAW HIM SPOEECHLESS. HE JUST KEPT SAYING TO ME "I can't believe you would do that"...SHOCKED I WAS "MEETING STRANGERS FROM HALFWAY FROM ACROSS THE WORLD". AND OF COURSE EVEN MORE SHOCKED YOU WOULD COME HERE BY YOURSELF AND DO IT!! :yikes: HE MADE ME LAUGH FOR THE LONGEST TIME ABOUT THAT. HAPPY HORSE POO-ING AND GROUTING!! I DON'T ENVY YOU EITHER TASK!!

HAPPY~ I AM GLAD THE COLD SEEMS TO BE LEAVING. WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ON MONDAY WITH THE CYST REMOVAL. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE IT HEALS QUICKLY! :hug:

LAURA~ SO SORRY TO HEAR THE BF'S MOM IS SICK. GET WELL SOON MOM. I HAVEN'T BEEN FAITHFUL WRITING DOWN MY FOOD INTAKE EITHER. I DO SO MUCH BETTER WHEN I DO...THEN I AM NOT JUST MINDLESSLY EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT! :rofl: HAPPY JOURNALING:write:

ANNIE~ HOPE THAT MOM IS DOING OK. STAY STRONG AND KNOW THAT WE'RE ALL THINKING OF YOU :hug:

MICHELLE~ WHEN YOU AND DH GET THE DECORATIONS UP THEN YOU CAN COME HERE!!.

:hb: PATTY~ HOPE THE BIRTHDAY WAS A GOOD ONE!! DID YOU PICK A COLOR OUT YET?? :lol3:

happy2bme
11-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

Mel I see your little light on :wave:

happy2bme
11-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Site is still a bit slow.

I sort of blew the day away - online shopping. About to go for a pedicure and pick some meat up at the store. 2 places that won't be a madhouse today.

1 pound to go until I see a new low I haven't seen in 2 years. Fingers crossed :crossed: Had a good lunch of a cup of veggie soup, a low fat wrap with yesterday's turkey, cranberry mustard, shredded lettuce and cucumber. Then the doorbell rang and my oranges from Florida were delivered. Sugar sweet - yum had one for desert. :T

DH and I went for a 30 minute walk in the forest area yesterday. We'll go again tomorrow. He thinks I may have given him my cold. Hope not. It's still hanging around after almost 2 weeks WITH medicine.

When I come back this evening I have to tackle the back room and organize. Or try and get Christmas cards out - I haven't sent them out in 2 years. Bad me.

I'm just trying to make sure I don't blow this long weekend away.

Hope you are all having a good time.

Mel - stay warm and get some rest.

Shad - stay cool and take a rest.

Annie - love and hugs for you and Mom :hug:

Laura - stay dry - I hear it's wet up your way.

Ceejay - I'm sure people like to mess with signs. Don't get nervous. And it's cold here, isn't it?

Patty - hope you had a nice birthday.

We had some new people move into the neighborhood last week. Their grandson and 2 other boys thought it would be great fun to go up to people's houses, ring the doorbell and run off. Unfortunately for them, they picked our house and DH knew exactly where they came from. We were just going out so we followed them to their house. DH went to the door and had a talk with them and grandma. She's an over the top, bible thumpin', the environmentalists are ruining everything, ruby red republican "Bush was great Obama sucks" and this government is just letting the terrorists in everywhere - let us all pray for deliverance. Everyone is evil except of course that her michevous grandson causing trouble less than a week after they arrived is REALLY a very good boy. DH and I are so out of place here it's amazing.

Got to make a grocery list and get out of here before I get all riled up. Talk later...

MELODY525
11-27-2009, 04:48 PM
:wave: HELLO MISS HAPPY :hug: HOPE YOU AND DH WILL GET RID OF WHATEVER GERM THIS IS...SHOULDA GAVE IT TO THE GRANDMA TYPE-BIOTCH :rofl: I AM HOPING I DON'T BLOW THIS WEEKEND AWAY EITHER. SO FAR NOT MUCH GOT DONE HERE. I'LL SEND YOU MY LIST AND YOU CAN DO MY CARDS AS WELL :write: HOPE THE WEEKEND SEES YOU MOVIN' & GROOVIN'!!! :cb:

TODAY FLEW BY. THAT'S 2 DAYS I DID NOTHING. UNLIKE HAPPY, WE'RE NOT SENDING CARDS THIS YEAR. I HAVE THE CHAIR TO THINK OF ETC. THEY'RE STILL LOCATING PARTS BUT FIND MORE EACH WEEK THANK GOD. WONDER WHERE THE ESTIMATE WILL END :faint:
MAYBE TOMORROW I'LL GET MY LITTLE TREE OUT. AT LEAST I CLEANED UP THE BEDROOM AND PUT WASH AWAY. BIG DEAL RIGHT??? :rofl: :rofl:
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT :cloud9:

MELODY525
11-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Btw happy....congrats On The Scale And I Will Keep My Fingers Crossed Too!!!

Laura705
11-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Hello to all. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, and Shad, hope the horse poop shoveling is done now!

Bf's mother saw a doc in the box and was diagnosed w/ the H1N1 flu, poor thing. Can't be around anyone for a while. BF and I ended up going to a friend's house - the entire family is like his own family (but better, LOL) because he's known them so long. The meal was good and I had a full plate, which translated to a full stomach. But that was one day, that's all. Still not back to logging my food, so I better watch my step and tally in my head or on paper.

Shad - how did the paint left rattling around in DS's truck end up? Hope it's usable.

Mel - Glad to hear you had a nice quiet day. I'm hoping not to blow this weekend either. I'm on day 3 of my 6 day weekend and haven't been all that productive (yet). Let's stop that mindless eating right now!!

Ceejay - Glad the sign was still there. Hope you had a nice day in Paragould.

Happy - Hope your cold is outta here by now and that dh didn't catch it! Congrats on your weight loss! Sorry about those new neighbors and their bratty grandson.

Hellos to Annie, Michelle, Patty and Rose!

Yesterday I exercised (and I'm sore today!), did a load of laundry, and whipped up a corn casserole to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. In the evening after we got back home I finally uploaded some pics from our visit w/ bf's niece and e-mailed a few to her. Today my biggest achievements were to change out the screen insert for the window insert in the back storm door, take a doggy walk, and go through the accumulated mail. I might make a trip to Home Depot to replace our two rakes. Tomorrow will be the last raking of the year! :carrot:

Our block's holiday party is only two weeks away now, so I'm anxious having realized it's coming up so soon. We're hosting the dessert portion of it at our house. We'll need to decorate inside and out and clean house and stock up on desserts and booze. Other people on the block are supposed to contribute, so I hope the calls start coming! Bf complains that the senior folks never contribute anything, but drink like fish... I half-joked that we should limit booze to wine, beer and one type of specialty drink, like punch or some sort of mixed concoction. But I doubt we'll do that... On the bright side, once we've done this, it'll be a while before we need to host it again.

Okay, I'm rambling, I'm going to get this posted.

Shad
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Morning all,
Nope, not finished with the horse pooh yet. The smell limits my sinus' to a couple of bags per day. I have 5 left.

Today is hot and steamy. I was going around to the house. May still do, but I am delegated to waiting for the electrician to give him some money. Since he was supposed to arrive last night, I could be waiting a while.

Happy - have my fingers crossed for you and the pound. I'm down too today, but nowhere near my lowest ever. The walk in the forest sounds nice - however I don't envy you the new neighbours. They sound somewhat weird. But then, I saw some strange neighbours in the Mike Holmes program on NO when he was building a house down there. The lord will provide - yep but only if you help him out by working at the problem.

I'll be sending out my usual Christmas on-line letter soon. I'd better get it written this weekend - but probably no cards. I don't seem to get that many any more anyway. I think I still have some I bought some years back that I haven't sent out yet if I get any this year. Where they might be is a good question.

Mel - glad to hear that they are sourcing parts for the old chair, although the cost must be spiralling! You may have to say goodbye to the chair one of these days.

Laura - hope you get some help with that block party. It's very expensive to have to provide the booze too. I might just show up for it if the desserts are interesting. What are you going to have??

Anyway - I'd better get on with the day. I need to sort out some boxes to take around to the shed at Ds2's house. I think the paint is okay. That will get a work out tomorrow. I hope the colour comes out okay. Now I will be doing the same thing as Patty - hoping for miracles.

I'll be back later

MELODY525
11-28-2009, 07:49 AM
THE WINDS ARE HOWLING OUTSIDE. THE NOISE WAS SO LOUD, IT WOKE ME UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. SOUNDED LIKE A FRIGGING FREIGHT TRAIN. :brr:
GOOD THING I DON'T HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE AND THE RADIATORS ARE WORKING. :flame: NOTHING NEW. WE WERE WATCHING BEDKNOBS& BROOMSTICKS LAST NIGHT BUT BY 9:00 I WAS FALLING ASLEEP SO WE CALLED IT A NIGHT. BETTER GET SOME BREAKFAST BEFORE I GO BACK TO BED AND CURL UP AGAIN!
HAPPY SATURDAY :moped:

:hohoho: PS I FINISHED CHRISTMAS SHOPPING ONLINE. :dance: I ONLY HAD 2 PRESENTS TO GET AND I BOUGHT THE KIDS BURT'S BEES TRAVEL SIZED KITS AND I AM STUFFING CASH INSIDE THEM. SO BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING WAS SHORT & SWEET!!

LAURA~ I REMEMBER THE BLOCK PARTY. WE USED TO HAVE STUFF LIKE THAT IN THE BLDG BUT THE IDEA FADED! LOL I HAD A LAUGH AT BF ABOUT THE SENIORS. THE SAME THING WAS HAPPENING HERE...ONLY A FEW WERE PAYING FOR EVERYTHING. BUT THEY SURE CAN PACK THE FOOD AND BOOZE AWAY! SO SORRY TO HEAR IT'S THE FLU FOR MOM AND HOPE SHE FEELS BETTER SOON. THIS FLU IS TERRIBLE. :hug:
I'LL SEND YOU MY WIND AND YOU WON'T NEED TO GO OUT AND BUY NEW RAKES! THE LEAVES WILL BE IN THE NEXT COUNTY BEFORE YOU GET HOME!

SHAD~ I LOVE MIKE HOLMES :love: MAYBE IT'S THE MANLY WAY HE TAKES CARE OF PEOPLE. AS FOR THE CHAIR...YOU MUST BE READING MY MIND. I JUST SAID TO GENE..AM I CRAZY FOR TRYING THIS AND JUST JUNK IT?....HE SAID THE NEXT TIME HE MIGHT JUST HAVE TO TELL ME THAT!! :lol3: BUT HE IS SURE HE CAN GET ENOUGH PARTS THIS TIME. 5 MORE BAGS OF POO! :yikes: SOMETIMES WHEN I READ YOUR POSTS, I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE IN THIS CHAIR!! :lol3: :lol3:

happy2bme
11-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Howdy chicks,

Up 2 pounds this morning. Not too concerned, as the salt in the veggie soup will do that. Besides, I get near to a new low and my body boomerangs a bit and then settles down and accepts the new number. I got a pedicure yesterday so my feet aren't scary for surgery Monday and picked up some meat at the market next door. Planned all the meals for the week and duh - what a revelation - if I do this, I can actually count WW points ahead of time. Of course, sometimes it comes out to too many points LOL and I have to switch things around. But it's good to plan. DH and I are going out to check out another store for flooring, and it's a nice day out so we are going to try another walk in the woods. I can do about 30 minutes before the foot acts up. I guess I could try wearing my Crocs - loose shoe but the trail is uneven and I'd rather have a shoe that fits my foot better. Oh for the days when life was less complicated!

Mel - your chair is starting to remind me of restoring a classic car like a GTO :lol: I know, it's like a comfy shoe - you hate to give it up. I hope they can find parts for you. We'll have to have a bake sale to raise money for the repairs. Sounds like it's a good day to stay inside, warm and snuggly. I love your new avatar and signature! You're making me festive so quit it woman :rofl:

Shad - hope the electrician shows up soon. Sounds like a steamy time for you. Did you get the garden tilled over? I have Christmas cards from 2 years ago and stamps at the time. And last year I had to buy add on postage because the raised the rates and this year I think I need another penny to add to it. I am hoping to get cards out this year just because I want to get them out of the attic! An email is good too - there are many people I only hear from once a year and it's nice to keep even that thin line of in touch.

Laura - sorry to hear about the flu but it sounds as if you made the best of it. Better I think to go to someone else's house for the holiday - then you don't have to face the leftovers the next day. When I lived up north, 2 things I tried to put off as long as possible - it was if I could hold off the onset of winter by not doing them - that was turning the furnace on and swapping the screen in the door to the storm window. :lol: I do like your idea of limiting your drink menu at the party - unless of course you have some old booze you'd like to get rid of. It always seems like someone gets stiffed at these parties - there are the generous hosts and the stingy guests. I'm the kind who brings way way more than I ever consume. But having a party is good incentive to get everything spiffed up.

Time to go make some eggs for brunch and try one of the Florida grapefruit that came yesterday. Then reluctantly head out. (I really need to stay here and organize, once I leave the house I'm done). Enjoy your weekend everyone.

:wave: Patty, Michelle, Ceejay

come back Annie - we miss you :hug:

ceejay52
11-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Happy
My body hangs on to the sodium as well. The walk in the woods sounds good. I may do that next week end at my uncles.

Laura
Good job on exercising. I need to get back to it myself. The corn casserole sounds good.

Mel
Stay inside where it's warm. Today is beautiful here so I'm going to go window shopping so to speak in a few miniutes. I need to do some leaf raking also.

Shad
I hope your weather now is not an indication of what our will be next spring/summer. I hate the waiting game.

The ADT installer came and went yesterday. It took him around 2 hour to install the whole thing. It's up and running. I had a good night's sleep last night for the first time in a couple of weeks. This one talks to you. I open the door to let my neighbor in and it politely told me the front door is open. I left the door opened just a bit and about 10 minutes later it told me front door is open. It has a remote that I carry when I go out and it alows
me to disarm and arm the system.

Brought out the stepper last night. I know I'm outta shape because I did 10 minutes and I thought my heart was going to explode because it was pumping so hard and fast. I'm doing more tonight I've got to get into better physical shape.

Patty, Michelle, and Annie you are being missed.

Had some sort of an intestinal bug last night. I'm down another pound from it.

diyana
11-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Happy Saturday ladies -

Sorry I was away for a few days due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. The Internet was ghastly slow for me (and I even have a high speed connection) the past couple days. I think online shoppers were taking advantage of the busiest shopping days of the year. So it's not just this site that's having problems. Most retail sites had problems on Thanksgiving and yesterday.

We're having a "warm" weekend here, it's nearly up to 50 degrees. Yesterday we only got up to the mid 30s, but the sun was SO bright and it actually felt warm...perfect for Black Friday shopping. We also took our Doppler to the vet yesterday to have his teeth cleaned. They had to pull several teeth as well, poor ol' boy. They gave him pain meds and antibiotics and he's eating canned food for a few days. He's doing better today and getting back to his energy level.

Today, it's decorating the lawn day! I've already done about 45 minutes of stairs and weight lifting (bringing up many, many penguins from the basement). I'm resting my back (and lungs) now and DH and I will be heading out in an hour or so to place everything on the lawn and plug it all in!

I went to the gym on Wednesday, they were closed on Thursday, but I was active doing stuff around the house. Friday was spent shopping....lots and lots of walking. Today, it's the Stairmaster (aka, basement stairs). I will hit the gym again tomorrow though. And get back in the groove of going to the gym most nights after work.

As for the weight, I forgot to weigh in on T'giving, and I was too afraid to weigh in yesterday....but today's wasn't too bad. 221.5 (up 1/2 pound

Annie - I've been thinking of you often and sending you hugs.

Mel - I love your new avatar!! Hope you're having a relaxing weekend with the office being closed!!

Laura - As for Chicago, DH and I are more interested in Christmasey stuff to see/do. We've been to Chicago before to do the zoos and museums, but if there's anything special for Christmas, we'd love to see that. Your suggestions are great! I don't know if we'll get to Lincolnwood or not, but the rest of it (minus the ice skating - we might go to watch, but DH can't skate with his bad knee). When we go to Chicago, will it be safe to wear a Packer jacket or will we get beat up? As for pizza, the one pizza we've had is Lou Malnati's, and it is SOOOO good. Nearly 50 points for a couple slices, but soooo good. Thanks again for the suggestions!! Sorry to hear about BF's mom. I hope she feels better soon.

Shad - I did not know that Andrew Lloyd Webber is in the hospital. He's such a musical genius! Thanks for describing your garden so well! I can almost smell the lovely aroma! Though I can only imagine (and cringe) at the smell of horse poo in hot and steamy weather! :yikes: Loved your joke about brown and green and splattered with white spots!

Ceejay - DH and I are going to Chicago next weekend to get together and shop and look at the Christmas decorations with a friend of ours. Chicago is only about an hour and a half or two hour drive from where we live. We go down there a few times a year. Glad your ADT is finally installed. Good on ya' for doing the stepper!!

Happy - I hate the traffic in Chicago! It's just crazy! Bumper to bumper ALL THE TIME!! I would NEVER drive down there myself...I always let DH do the driving. I think the drivers in Chicago are crazier than the ones in San Francisco or Los Angeles, and that's saying something!! I can't compare to NYC as I've never been there. Anyway, I think the plan is for us to go to our friend's place in a nice suburb to the northwest and take the "L" train downtown. Sorry about your foot pain. I hope the removal goes well on Monday. Congrats on doing so well on the weight loss! YGG!! :woohoo:

Well, DH is ready to go out and decorate the front lawn. Gotta sign off for now.

Love and hugs to all,

MELODY525
11-29-2009, 08:15 AM
HAPPY~ ORANGES AND GRAPEFRUITS...NOW YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL POSITIVELY SUMMERY !! :beach: GOOD LUCK TOMORROW AND I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU :hug: YOU ARE BETTER OFF HIKING WITH PROPER SHOES. I LOVE MY CROCS BUT CAN SEE WHERE YOU COULD SPRAIN AN ANKLE WITH A MISSTEP. OUCH. GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE DINNERS LINED UP. THIS WAY YOU CAN GVE THE FOOT A GOOD REST IF NEEDED. GOOD LUCK!

CEEJAY~I AM GLAD YOU HAVE ADT AND PEACE OF MIND NOW. VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. HOPE THE STEPPER GETS YOU FIT AS A FIDDLE. GOD EXERCISE FOR THE UPCOMING COLD DAYS.....BUT NO EXPLODING HEARTS PLEASE! :rofl:

MICHELLE~ HOPE THE DECORATING OUTSIDE GOES WELL. NOW FOR YOU AND DH TO STAY HEALTHY OVER THE HOLIDAYS. KEEP THOSE LUNGS WELL RESTED! I HAD A LOT OF FRIENDS SAY THE INTERNET WAS WONKY OVER THE HOLIDAY BUT FUNNY THAT MY DIAL-UP WAS OK. JUST IT'S USUAL SLOW!! :lol3: :lol3: HOPE YOU HAD FUN OUTSIDE.

ceejay52
11-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Good Morning
It's raining this morning. But I"m dry as long as I"m on the inside.

Yesterday was a good day also. Got lots done even raked the leaves to the curb. That was my exercise for the day. I brought my step to work with me today also. Food was not bad either.

Happy
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Will you have to be off work for an extended period?

Michelle
Week end's are always busy for me. Poor Doppler. The one thing I enjoy doing during the Christmas holiday's is sight seeing for Christmas lights.

Mel
Have a good week end.

happy2bme
11-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Good morning ladies,

Well day 4 of the long weekend. Did I get done what I wanted to? :no: But I started to make some inroads. Also did some things (like take a walk with the DH a couple of times) that I hadn't planned on but was good for me anyway. And I still have a good part of the day today to make more headway. Food is planned for the week - just need to look up and insert WW points and tweak if needed. Decided since I'll be sitting around tomorrow that would be a good day to do the Christmas cards. Still hovering around the magic number on the scale. Will have a good weigh in for my Monday WW weigh in, hope to sustain it during the week. I'm feeling good. A little nervous about tomorrow but when I get that way about something I just think that 24 hours from now, it will be all over.

We have an opportunity to see the International Space Station. I saw it on an Internet article the other day. It was in the sky (brighter than Jupiter) on Friday evening. I went to get a pedicure and had to wait and was running late. Then I needed to stop at the store. I was just pulling out of the parking lot when DH called and asked when I'd be home. I told him 10 minutes and didn't realize he was outside waiting for me to come home and tell him when and where to look for the Space Station - he vaguely remembered when I told him earlier. I got home and missed the darn thing by 5 stinkin' minutes! He said it was very bright and low in the sky and was really, really cool to see. He was just scanning the sky and caught it since it was already dark outside. It's passing through again around 5pm tonight but dang, we have rain today so that's out. :( Then it switches over to early morning viewing for very short shots (a minute or less compared to 5 minutes visible on Friday). And it will be in a different part of the sky which is more tree covered looking from our driveway. The thing is with nature and such - sometimes you just have to be there at the right time.

Mel - do you like oranges and grapefruit? I ordered a mixed box thinking it would be a few grapefruit and mostly oranges but it's 1 tray of each. Grapefruit is ok, I'm much more of an orange person. I told DH he'd better eat up his half of the box - can sneak some to you too :lol: Did the weather clear up or are you just hunkering down? I'm making chicken soup and noodles today - will express some of that to you too along with a loaf of homebaked bread. Good vibes in a box :rofl:

Ceejay - I was off work several days with this dreaded cold so I'm hoping that I only have to be off one day for the foot surgery. And that one day is more because you do get anesthesia so I'll be more loopy than usual. And I'm a little behind in my work so I need to get cracking. 3 weeks and we'll be leaving for Christmas. Do you have one of those little pedal stepper things? You and Mel can pedal in tandem :D When you said you brought it to work, I was thinking one of those big, stand on steppers and I thought - amazingly strong woman there! :lol: That's a good thing to do tho - my friend brought her dumbells to work and when she was on the phone on customer support - she would do curls and such. Get it in any way you can! Glad you're getting peace of mind from the alarm system - if I lived alone, I'd get one too.

Michelle - sounds like you had a great weekend so far. Glad you are feeling good and getting lots done. My buddy in Chicago posted some pictures on FB from a trip to Marshall Fields (I will NEVER call it Macy's :( ) and it looks like some of the office buildings have decorated their sidewalks ajacent to the front windows with trees and holiday decorations. This is in the immediate downtown area - not specific to Michigan Avenue or State Street - but it looked pretty neat. Maybe Laura knows more. And then there was the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave) Lights Festival last week. It was a parade but I think it also marks holiday decorations for the storefronts. I thought that the Museum of Science and Industry used to do an exhibit - trees from around the world with all kinds of decorated trees. But that's a cab ride from downtown. Taking the train is a good idea - hope you have fun.

Hey Laura - did they tear down the old Sun Times building across from the Wrigley Building and Tribune Towers? I thought Donald Trump was building a new mostrosity - um I mean luxury office building on that site.

Well - I'd better get a move on here. DH is ready to go looking at some other flooring options. See yahs...

MELODY525
11-29-2009, 02:04 PM
:elf: I FINALLY MOVED MY BUTT AND GOT THE 4' TREE OUT. IT'S ALL DECORATED AND THE TINSEL IS ON! :tree:
I LOVE TINSEL. SEEMS LIKE NO ONE ELSE DOES ANYMORE. NOW ALL I NEED IS A LITTLE SNOWFALL OUTSIDE :snow4: AND I'LL HAVE MY STORY BOOK DECEMBER. :ginger:
ALL OF OUR ONLINE ORDERS ARE ALREADY IN THE MAIL. WE GOT CONFIRMATIONS ON EVERYTHING.
I EVEN DID SOME COOKING. RICE, VEGGIES, BROILED TRADER'S SAUSAGES, AND BAKED A SPINACH, EGG, FONTINA CHEESE QUICHE/PIE THING. NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS BROIL SOME CHICKEN BREASTS AND THEN I AM ALL SET FOR HEAT'N'EAT WEEK.
NOW I AM IN A CLEAN & TOSS MOOD. HOPE IT LASTS BECAUSE IF I DO IT TODAY, I WON'T BE ABLE TO MOVE TOMORROW!! :(
THE KIDS ARE ZONKED OUT ON SUGAR AND SALT. VERY SLUGGISH. TOLD THEM THEY BOTH BETTER DRINK A LOT OF WATER :rofl: WE HAVE HOUSING INSPECTIONS THIS COMING MONTH SO WE ALL NEED TO HOLIDAY CLEAN. I THINK MAYBE SOME SOUP TONIET AND TOAST. A LIGHT MEAL AFTER THE TURKEY DAY GOODIES.:hun:

CEEJAY~ I THINK THAT'S GREAT THAT YOU CAN TAKE THE STEPPER TO WORK. GREAT IDEA. I FORGT TO SAY I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE REMOTE FOR THE ALARM AND HAD A LAUGH ABOUT IT TALKING. IS IT A HE OR A SHE?!?!?

HAPPY~ LOVE CITRUS BUT MY FACE DOESN'T. I SNEAK A GRAPEFRUIT IN THERE EVERY NOW AND THEN. HOPE YOU GET TO SEE THE STATION. SORRY YOU MISSED THE BRIGHT ONE. BET DH HAD A GREAT TIME!! WHAT A SIGHT THAT MUST HAVE BEEN. STILL KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE FOOT AND NOW FOR THE WW! :hug:

Shad
11-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Morning all,

It's a bright sunny morning today, better than yesterdays storm which dumped 4cm (nearly and inch) of rain on us in less than 15 minutes and the blew winds of 115kph and give us hail to rip through car windscreens and shred gardens. However I think we may get more of the same today since the humidity is building once more.

I've got a jam packed day today. The washing is nearly done and hung out, then I'm off to do some shopping for food and timber mouldings for the bathroom - I can't find what I want at the hardware store, so I am looking in the picture framing places now.
Then I need to go to the DS2's place to sweep and clean the lounge room so we can wash down the walls and start painting in there. I need to catalogue the contents of some of the boxes due to be stored in DS2's shed. At the moment they are either cluttering up my bedroom or cluttering up the lounge at the other place. I got some into the shed yesterday. I have too much stuff so some of it is about to go.
After that, I need to come back here, clean the kitchen down and generally dust and tidy. I've been hanging some of the pictures that I have had stored while I renovated here. It's good to see them back on the walls.
Then I might just sit and do nothing for a while. Or did I just jinx my time out. Usually happens.

Happy - hope that foot goes okay for you tomorrow. Good to hear that the food is sorted, planned and measured. Pity you missed the sights in the skies because of it though.

Ceejay - by stepper, I presume you mean one of those box things that you step up on to and back down again? Can't imagine taking a machine to work

Mel - your winds are howling. Ours were, probably around the same time. Both are normal occurences for the time of year. Isn't it strange to think that the same breeze ? :rofl: blows over both of us.

Michelle - Just keep plodding along. All that work in the yard and sorting the penguins should give you a fair amount of exercise. Herding penguins is great exercise since they never do what you want them to do. Where I used to live as a kid, we got herds (flocks?) coming ashore. The local farmers dog used to try to gather them up and herd them up the hill. Naturally the penguins didn't want to go. And the look on the dog's face when all his flock disappeared one by one into the earth was priceless.

Annie - How is it going? Did you get Mum home for the weekend and forever?? Hope it is all going okay. Saw you on facebook yesterday and thought you might be back here soon.

Laura, Patty. Hope your weekends are going well and you haven't overindulged too much.

And with that, I'd better remove myself from here and get on with my day. Early shopping means a close park and better veges.

MELODY525
11-29-2009, 05:31 PM
http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/5/95/25/59525347_160.jpg

SHAD...I THINK CEEJAY MEANS SOMETHING LIKE THE ABOVE. GOOD EXERCISE AND VERY PORTABLE TOO. HOPE YOU FIND EVERYTHINGON YOUR SHOPPING LIST. OUR HOWLING WINDS WERE WARMIS SO MAYBE THEY WERE SENT BY YOU!! :rofl: JUST MADE THE TEMP SEEM EVEN LOWER. :brr: JEN HAS WAY TOO MUCH STUFF SO I'LL SEND IT DOWN TO YOUR DS'S SHED....SHE CAN MAKE MONTHY PAYMENTS!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY.

I CAME BACK CAUSE I HIT PAYDIRT. GET TO FILL IN A BIT IN THE OFFICE STARTING TOMORROW FOR ANOTHER CHECK THIS MONTH. EVERYONE WANTS TIME OFF FOR SHOPPING SO I AM THE GIRL OF THE HOUR!! JEN TOOK MY LIST FOR SHOPRITE GROCERY STORE AND I AM GOING TO DO THE TRADER JOE'S LIST ON THURSDAY FOR ALL OF US. I HAVE WILLY TO HELP ME. NOW FOR A SHOWER AND SOME FOOD AND TV. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT. I WILL TRY AND GET ON SOMETIME TOMORROW.

MELODY525
11-29-2009, 05:32 PM
PS TO HAPPY....LOVE THE AVATAR!! :hohoho:

Laura705
11-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Hello everyone! Down to one day and some of this evening left of my 6-day weekend. Not extremely productive, but some stuff got done. Friday evening I did buy the rakes and yard waste bags. Saturday we got the backyard all raked out and the leaves bagged and in the garage (forecasted rain did happen this morning). Pickup will be Wed. (or is it Thursday?). After the raking/bagging, we picked up our new dining room light fixture which bf will install tomorrow since he didn't get around to it today (he's napping on the recliner as I type). Went to Target for a few things after having a cup of Brunswick stew (bf had gumbo) and splitting a bbq platter at a bbq place (Happy, it's in that big strip mall across from Hersey HS.) This morning was some reading, a couple loads of laundry, unload/reload the dishwasher. I spoke to my mum who told me she had fallen and hurt her hip last week and is finally getting to the doc tomorrow. (Of course she wouldn't think of calling with bad news.) She was in pain, but apparently not enough to risk the ER (due to a bad past ER experience). Aaargh. Even though the fall wasn't on stairs, I'm hoping she will now think seriously about moving out of her too-big 2-story house into a ranch house or condo. This afternoon was lunch, 3 grocery stores for not many groceries at all, and making peanut butter biscuits for the dog (unsalted peanut butter, whole wheat flour, baking powder and milk).

Tomorrow I will return a pair of shoes to the Lands End outlet store and make lasagna. Two small pans, one for us, one for bf's mum. I will also exercise!! I'm feeling like I might have gained weight over this long weekend, but of course I'm too chicken to get on the scale. In general, portions have been reasonable and snacking hasn't been horrible, but the types of food haven't been particularly light. Thankfully, whenever I open the "snack cabinet" there isn't anything I really want, and I resolutely did not buy anything snacky at the 3 grocery stores we shopped at today. Of course while I was baking doggy's PB biscuits, I thought some homebaked PB cookies would be quite yummy, but I didn't follow through on that thought.

Mel – Sounds like you're getting a lot done this weekend – shopping, cooking, cleaning. Love that Burt's Bees stuff!! Nice you'll be filling in and earning some extra cash. Stay warm!

Shad – Hope you don't get more of those heavy rains and strong winds. Too much stuff syndrome- that seems to be a problem most people suffer from.

Happy – Sorry you missed the space station! Great job w/ getting all the meals planned, and knowing those points in advance will help tremendously I'm sure. I still have to take a look and see if I have Christmas cards to send or if I need to buy some. Hope the foot surgery goes smoothly. Yes, the Trump building was built in the spot of the old Sun Times building. Fancy restaurants, and obscenely expensive condos, and a hotel too, I think. Oh, yes, the Museum of Science & Industry's Christmas Around the World exhibit. Great idea for Michelle! Makes me want to go see it again. It's been many years - I remember bf & I saw the exhibit with an old friend of bf' and a woman the friend had just started dating. Since that time, they dated for about a year, got engaged, got married, had a son, and got divorced. The son's about 12 now, so I estimate it's been about 14-15 years since last seeing that exhibit. But I'm happy to say I'm good friends with the "the girlfriend", lol.

Ceejay – Yay for the security system and a good night's sleep!! Good idea to get your exercise at work (but it sounds like you already get a lot of steps at work, don't you?). The corn casserole is an extremely delicious, but extremely fattening dish (regular corn, creamed corn, corn muffin mix, some sour cream and two sticks (!) of butter for a 9 x13 size casserole), which is the reason I last made it 5 years ago. I had my reasonable portion, and was glad everyone seemed to enjoy it and that someone else took the leftovers home. But then bf and I did take home some of the very delicious cranberry jello dessert…

Michelle – Another worldly chick having a very productive long weekend – shopping, decorating, exercising. Good for you! Poor Doppler. I think 2010 will be when our doggy gets his very first teeth cleaning. In addition to the Christmas Around the World exhibit, another Christmas event you may want to check out is the Christkindlmarket, also in Daley Plaza w/ the big tree. Also, here's a link for some more Chicago holiday events: http://www.chicagotraveler.com/chicago-holiday-events.htm. Hope the link is visible.

Waves to Annie, Patty and Rose. :wave:

Well, it's after 8 pm and I don't think we'll be having the pork chops I thawed for dinner. I might just have some soup and let bf continue to snooze.

happy2bme
11-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Good morning chicks,

Well today's the day. A little nervous but things should be ok. I'm missing my morning coffee but will be able to have all I want in a few hours. Gotta go hop in the shower, will catch up with y'all later.

Happy Monday!

annie175
11-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Morning Chicks....tried to get on the site a couple of times but had trouble. So just waited till today. Hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving and weekend.

First off, thank you all for the love, thoughts, and prayers for me and my mom. She is holding her own, no support sytems. She cannot sit up by herself. I sat next to her on her bed and she leaned on me. I kept whispering stupid stuff in her ear till she finally gave me one of her, " Rita Anne, shut up". She had a blood transfusion during dialysis on Saturday as her platlets (sp) were too low. She almost refuses any kind of therapy or "trying" to get out of bed. Can't say that I blame her. We are in week 7 of this mess.

Ceejay...glad your alarm system is in place. I feel better about your peeping Tom.

Shad...mom did not get home for Thanksgiving or for good. She is still in the hospital in the PCU (pre-intesive care unit) at the hospital. She will have to go to rehab again after being released from hospital. That date is unknown, however we finally talked my dad into the better one we wanted him to put her in the first place. Westminster is very nice and it is new too. Clean doesn't smell "funny" and the nursing staff is A1.

Chelle...glad your TG was good and enjoyed it. Glad Doppler is doing ok after the dentist vet visit.

Happy...sorry you missed the space station, not like you can catch it at another time..goodluck at WW.

Laura...too bad to lose weight that we have to eat like pigs, we would all be skin and bones. lol

MEL...you and Christmas, peas and pods, Forest and Jenn-nay. I don't like tinsel so yes, you are in that boat by yourself. THanks for the loving thoughts of mom.

Work at CVS was a madhouse and I must say I earned my pay and then some. People were just down right rude to each other too. It is a heck of a lot easier to be nice than to be mean. and OMG let someone cut the line to pay....yikes, I tried to stay out of those fights. I just stood back behind the counter till they had it resolved cause there is not one thing in CVS worth my well being to get involved in that fight. Stupid, mean people SUCK.

Sunny and 55 today....34 by Thursday and possible snow showers. Bring it is what I say, I am ready for that battle too.

Decidedly Daring to Dump-a-lump in December

Much love many hugs and lots of thanks for my worldly chicks.

diyana
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm made it to Monday, but no time to post yet. Busy, busy busy morning! Gotta go! I'll check in later. Luv y'all!

ceejay52
11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Morning
Happy
Good Luck. Your foot may be sore for a little while.

Annie
glad you spent some time with your mom.

Mel
My step is the old fashion kind.

Last night I wanted to try out my new dvd player so I popped in Leslie Sansome walk away the pounds dvd and completed a mile. Then viewed the 30 day shred by Jillian Michael. I like this dvd also but I have to modify the jumping jacks and jump rope moves. She combines both muscle groups and alternates cardio and strength. I gorged myself with a pizza last night.

Laura and Michelle :wave:

More later.

MELODY525
11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
LAURA~ YOU HAD A JAMMED PACKED WEEKEND. SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF SATUFF TO ME!! MAKE THAT 3 TRAYS OF LASAGNA AND I'LL SEND YOU MY ADDRESS :rofl: I SURE HOPE YOUR MOM WILL BE OK AND SEND HER A GET WELL HUG :hug: STAIRS ARE OF THE DEVILS MAKING:devil:

CEEJAY~ OK...I THOUGHT YOU HAD SOME KIND OF PORTABLE NEW FANGLES STEPPER. JEN HAS THE OLD FASHIONED ONE TOO...LOL I REMEMBER WHEN WE USED TO WANT ONE AND HER BF IN THOSE DAYS MADE US ONE!! AHHHH MEMORIES! PIZZA!!! AND YOU DIDN'T CALL ME???:hun:

ANNIE~ GOOD TO SEE YIOUR SENSE OF HUMOR IS STILL INTACT EVEN WITH ALL THE AZZHOLES OF THE WORLD AT CVS AND YOUR MOM IN THE HOSPITAL. JUST KEEP MOVING THOSE FEET OF YOURS FORWARD. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR RENEWED STRENGTH FOR BOTH YOU AND MOM....AND OF COURSE LOTS OF SPECIAL HUGS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:wave: TO MICHELL WHO JUST SPED PAST ME :scooter:

FOR OUR MISS HAPPY~
http://www.wondercliparts.com/get_well/get_well_soon_graphics_16.gif

:rain: WARMER AND RAINY TODAY. LIKE ANNIE, WE EXPECT A DROP IN TEMPS LATER ON THIS WEEK. BUT FOR TODAY IT'S IN THE 50'S. THAT'S OK WITH ME :beach:
MY DAY TURNED OUT TO BE A LAZY ONE. MY BOSS IS OUT SO I DIDN'T GO DOWN. WE PLAN TO MEET TOMORROW AND HELP EACH OTHER WITH SOME STUFF...AND ME OF COURSE WITH THE SENIORS CHRISTMAS TREE. SIGH. NOTHING NEW HERE. HAVE A GREAT DAY :moped:

Shad
11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Morning all,
Short post this morning and I will be back with personals when it gets too hot to do anything else. At the moment the temps in here are 25C which means that it has climbed at least 2 degrees in the last hour. I can see we are in for another hot one today. We are supposed to get storms but can't see that happening anytime soon.

Today will be another busy one - so long as I can maintain the momentum. Been slipping a bit when it gets hot. I've some more boxes ready to take to DS2's shed and have to finish washing down some walls in the house. I also need to do some housework here. I think I need a wife!!!! I also have to sand down some plastering that I did yesterday and do some more plastering as well.

I think I have a job. Well they have told me when I can have Christmas leave anyway but no contract so far, so no start date or finish date. It will be a case of wait, wait, hurry up and start no doubt. Anyway more on that later.

Good to hear from some of the missing chicks. I'd better go get some of this stuff done before it gets too hot.

MELODY525
12-01-2009, 08:07 AM
SHAD...SO GOOD OF "THEM" TO LET YOU KNOW WHEN YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY BUT NOT WHEN YOU START! :lol3: :lol3: GOOD LUCK!! WILL IT BE FAR AWAY FROM YOUR HOME? :scooter: WHATEVER WIL DS2 DO WITHOUT HIS CONTRACTOR????? I WAS GOING TO ASK YOU TO SEND SOME HEAT THIS WAY BUT THAT'S JUST TOOOO HOT :fkame: LIKE AFRICA HOT!! :flame:

:cofdate: GOD MORNING CHICKS. I CANNOT MEET MY FRIEN FOR BREKKIE. MY EYES ARE ON FIRE. MUST BE ALL THAT ROOTING AROUND IN THE DUSTY CLOSET AND UNDER THE BED. I TOOK THE ZYRTEC WHILE DOING IT.
MAYBE I NEED A BETTER PROTECTION!!http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/s/snorkel-emoticon.gif

NOTHING IS ON THE AGENDA NOW. :rofl:
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY :moped:

annie175
12-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Um, hey all chickies...it is December...who is starting the new thread. I am too blonde to do it.

Worldlies...Don't Do Desserts in December....

Hey Shad...best get your work at home done, hire a wife, cause it is back to work for you sista.

MEL...Next time wear safty goggles when muggling in dust. Silly girl, you should know better when it comes to your delicate eyes. Spank Spank! lol

Hey to all the other chickies..

Love and Hugs

diyana
12-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi everyone -

Work was CRAZY busy yesterday. I work for a retail corporation, and as such, the weekend (and subsequent week) following Thanksgiving is the busiest time of year for us. In fact, it may very well be insanely busy right through Christmas. (At least that's what I'm hoping. Busy is very good at this time of year, when retailers make the bulk of their money.).

So I didn't get to the gym on Sunday due to a migraine and didn't get there yesterday due to exhaustion. In fact, food was pretty lousy yesterday too.

But, it's December 1, and I'm on the 21-Day Challenge thread, so if I jump back on the wagon and stick to my challenges, I can get an entire round of challenges complete before Christmas, and a second round complete by mid-January...which should see me through the holidays with a loss. BTW, speaking of weight, I am not expecting a good weigh in on Thursday. I'll probably be up by at least a pound or two, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed :crossed: for less.

I've missed out on all the Worldly happenings for the end of November. Time to get caught up.

Happy - I hope your foot surgery went well and that you're not in too much pain. You're doing so well with meal planning and staying within points. Sorry you missed seeing the Space Station. Unfortunately, we missed it too. If you're express shipping chicken noodle soup and homemade bread, send some my way please! Yummy! As for Chicago, we are really looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the Museum of Science and Industry when we went there a couple years ago (not at Christmastime). Don't know if we'll get there this trip....but we'll see. Thanks for the great suggestions.

Mel - We'll be purchasing our tree this week and putting it up this coming weekend. And I'm getting into the Christmas spirit, at least more than I thought I would be. We're not big on tinsel...just because of the doggies get to it and eat it....well, let's just say it can knot them up pretty bad internally. As for snowfall, it's been so lovely here and relatively warm for this time of year (upper 40s), I wouldn't mind having a green Christmas. :lol: I haven't had one of those since we moved here from CA 8 years ago. Good that you're picking up extra hours in the office...but DON'T WORK TOO HARD young lady!! :rollpin: And steer clear of the dusty spaces, okay? You should definitely get goggles or something for when you're cleaning and decluttering. I often wear a mask over my mouth and nose when I clean, especially if my asthma starts flaring up.

Shad - Yikes, those hail and wind storms you had were fierce! You are so right that herding penguins is hard work. I can just imagine dogs trying to herd penguins! That's way too funny! DH and I just have to get to Australia and NZ to see the penguins there "in the wild". I hope you find a good woman to be your wife since you're so busy with all the renovation work! Congrats on getting the job!

Laura - So sorry to hear about your mom's fall. I hope she's doing better. Could you please PM me the recipe for the peanut butter dog biscuits? My doggies love peanut butter biscuits. Wow, with your high praise and recommendation of the Museum's Christmas display, we just might have to add that to our list of things to do. We're definitely going to the Christkindlmarket. Thanks for the link!!

Ceejay - I'll try and get a photo of our front yard lit up, since you like Christmas lights. Good for you for doing the Sansome DVD! Pizza might not have been the best way to "reward" your efforts, but I'm sure it was delish!! I LOVE me a good pizza, as opposed to the faux WW or Lean Cuisine pizzas.

Annie - Sorry to hear that the CVS shoppers were so mean and rude. Where's your holiday spirit, people? Sheesh! I hope your mom continues to get better. Sending love and :hug: and :angel: to you and to her.

Patty - I hope you and Blackie and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

Well, time to get back to the insanity! I'll try and check in later.

Love and big hugs,

happy2bme
12-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Um, hey all chickies...it is December...who is starting the new thread. I am too blonde to do it.

:rofl: As a former blonde sister, let me help you out. Goodbye Mr. Turkey :thanks1: Hello Santa Baby :hohoho:

New thread ready and waiting - Worldly Chicks Dashing Past Those December Desserts (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/187322-worldly-chicks-dashing-past-those-december-desserts.html)

Visit us there - DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE!