Old 11-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Default Tanita vs. Inches

Okay, so I am so confused...last night I went to WI and got measured and my tanita reading. I have lost 4lbs last month but my inches lost were an add'l 12.5...for a total of 29.5 inches and 16lbs lost! I thought that the inches were supposed to be pretty close to the lbs by mine are close to double, which I am not complaining about but why is that?
Then I read my tanita...at first I was super excited because I am only 1% away from being in my health fat% range and 1 point from by healthy BMI...but 25lbs away from my goal. Then this morning I was comparing my tanita tapes and realized that nothing has moved that much since last month...I was down .2% in fat and .6 of a point for BMI...but I lost 12.5 inches???? How does this work? Does anyone have any ideas?
gish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #2  
I Really Want To Lose 50

S/C/G: 229/179/150

Hello Gish,

I can't help you, but you can sure teach me everything you know about all of this stuff. Perhaps you can start a new diet to get the last 25 pounds off. I am following the Extreme Fat Smash that guarantees a loss of 12 pounds in the first 3 weeks.
Equinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #3  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Gish-
the tanitas are so so touchy to other conditions. you need to make sure you are EXTREMELY well hyrdrated when you have that done (if possible as hydrated as the last time you did it). You should do it at the same time of day, after having eaten the same amount of food, and with the same amoumnt of exercise...... you get my drift! whats important is the downward trend, right?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
Okay, so I am so confused...last night I went to WI and got measured and my tanita reading. I have lost 4lbs last month but my inches lost were an add'l 12.5...for a total of 29.5 inches and 16lbs lost! I thought that the inches were supposed to be pretty close to the lbs by mine are close to double, which I am not complaining about but why is that?
Then I read my tanita...at first I was super excited because I am only 1% away from being in my health fat% range and 1 point from by healthy BMI...but 25lbs away from my goal. Then this morning I was comparing my tanita tapes and realized that nothing has moved that much since last month...I was down .2% in fat and .6 of a point for BMI...but I lost 12.5 inches???? How does this work? Does anyone have any ideas?
When I went to my last WI I had my measurements done and when they said I lost about 26 inches so far, with 21.5 pounds, I was happy. Then she told me that I'm haven't actually lost as many inches as they expect. She said that you should lose double the amount of inches as you do pounds, so it sounds like you're doing great. Her saying this confused me, though, since all the success stories they post on their walls have people losing about the same amount for inches and pounds. Anywho, hope this helps.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #5  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Can someone explain to me what is Tanita.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Tanita is a high-end scale that also measures Body Fat/Body composition

Last edited by mkroyer; 11-18-2009 at 12:13 PM.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #7  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Thanks mkroyer
Old 11-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #8  

I have no clue how it all works. Did you ask your center? I did my tanita today (first one since starting) I'm down 27 pounds and 16.5 inches. It's weird because I always lose more inches than weight on the scale. The lady who weighed me said I must have been really dehydrated when I came in but didn't go any further in the explanation? I'll have to investigate that more next time. Sorry I can't offer more insight.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

I was told that you want to have the inch loss greater than the weight loss.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote